Designers » I-K » Oriental Woody « Groups

Kapsule Woody Karl Lagerfeld for women and men

Kapsule Woody Karl Lagerfeld for women and men
dislike

sour
Kapsule Woody Karl Lagerfeld for women and men Pictures Kapsule Woody Karl Lagerfeld for women and men Pictures

In cooperation with Coty, Karl Lagerfeld is launching something very interesting into the world of fragrances this autumn. That is a fragrant trio named Kapsule, inspired by geometrics, as the creator's great love. Three Kapsules are unisex fragrances, which can be mutually combined, and as Karl Lagerfeld says, they stand for 'music for the nose'. The notes he likes include aromas of fresh bread, vanilla, spices and wood and they are created in a modern spirit and in beautiful colours.

The first letter of the perfume trio Kapsule "K" is the first letter of designer Karl’s name, and three editions, which were named Kapsule Light, Kapsule Woody and Kapsule Floriental, were created in cooperation with three different perfumers.

Kapsule Woody is a work of Olivier Cresp from Firmenich, who enriched it with aromas of cedar, moss and accords of gourmet plum.

Their bottles were created in geometric shape of square, in three colours of glass: light blue (Kapsule Light), red (Kapsule Fioriental) and dark blue (Kapsule Woody).

The bottles were designed by Luz Herrmann, with engraved Lagerfeld's signature on the bottom of each bottle.

These editions will be available from October 2008, as 30ml edt (1.0oz) and 75ml edt (2.5oz).

Cedar Oakmoss Plum

Jette
Rebel At Heart
Feminite du Bois
Acqua di Gio

Kapsule Woody Fragrance Reviews

sovietine

I really love this perfume. I like it cause its not sweet and not too spicy. Feels clean and classy.
Even one of my friends who is into the sweet scents, like, CH Good girl and all the juicy sweet ones, like it very much she might even buy it.
Oh and also one time my other friend sit in my car and asked me "What's this dentist's smell???" Yeah it was KAPSULE :D

Rerik
Rerik

Let me start with the first fact that Kapsule Woody smells identical to J`S Exte Man. The notes listed for J`S Exte fits the smell much better than the notes listed for Kapsule (plum? really? never!). I´ve never smelled a plum note like this. I mean fragrances like Fords Atelier d’Orient Plum Japonais have plum inside as they claim, but not Kapsule Woody as the main part of 3 notes?. Also the name woody. For me woody is something semi sweet, fresh, with a hint of cedar (Iso E Super). Yes there is Iso E Super, but the whole fragrance doesn´t smell "woody". I get a strong vanilla note in combination with something spicy, maybe orris root.
All in all the lasting power is ok. With 8 sprays I get a staying power of 3 hours. After the 3 hours only Iso E Super is left. And the proportion of Iso E Super is barely detectable.
This fragrance is very nice for the office use, if you want to draw attention to your surroundings.

Wheaters
Wheaters

I like this although find it very masculine; I have smelled it or something very similar to it on men many times before. My husband doesn't like it either.
It is very much cedar and moss. I can't detect any plum. I thought I wouldn't be able to tolerate it all day (because, whilst I do like it, I can't shake the mindset that I am wearing men's scent and should wash it off) so decided to dip a tentative toe into the layering pool.
Having perused my collection, I zoned in on Banana Republic's Alabaster, a floral aquatic which teeters on the edge of divine and nauseatingly slimy-sweet depending (apparently) on what mood I'm in. Applied one spray of Alabaster over each place I applied Woody.
Result: win! At least, IMO. Woody has given Alabaster a solid...er...woody...and deep, slightly sour floral base, while Alabaster has girlied-up Woody with a bit of a lighter, aquatic-floral buffer which takes the edge off the manliness. And ta-dah! I present thee with a mossy, sour floral which is incredibly pleasant and not overwhelming.
I probably won't buy either again tbh as husband dislikes Woody and I'm never too sure about Alabaster and I can't be faffing about with this layering business. But while I have the bottles, I will continue to layer them and might even venture into layering Woody with something else and see what I can conjure up.

TL;DR: Woody is too masculine but layer with Banana Republic Alabaster for sour floral on a mossy base. As always, YMMV.

Satinne
Satinne

I really tried to like it, but I cant, it gives me a headache. Oak-moss and cedar - that's what I get. It gets softer within half an hour but you can still smell it all around you. Very long lasting and with a huge sillage. I'd say its more a gentle male perfume than a heavy female edp. I thin it would smell much more pleasant on a male than female.. I cant say that I don't like at all, its just something I cant wear, or a dizzy head is a guarantee..
It is a very creamy sent, I felt like in a forest! Really, smells like forest (but not that pine toilet refresher). Smells like a real forest, But! Imagine yourself in a forest on a veeeeeryyyyy hot day. That's how I felt wearing it.

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

Plum woods and oakmoss sounds extremely odd but it's a very pleasant scent. It won't blow your socks off but I can't think of anything that is similar to it. Way more masculine than feminine but Floriental is more feminine than masculine so it balances out. I was lucky enough to obtain a decant from a member and I have worn it about 5 times in the last year or so and I would say performance is about average throughout and it's not a headturner. It's more enjoyable for the user.

smora
smora

Karl Lagerfeld, a big name in clothing industry. Unfortunately has inadequate treatment in fragrance, although this fragrance is very interesting.
Kapsule Woody is a terrific synthetic contemporary scent, little bit more leaning towards masculine. It's almost linear and has dominant Iso E Super, shadowy woody note. Beside cedar also is prominent some plumy fruit note. I can detect some cinnamon and breezy artificial white flowers as well.
Beautiful smell of chemical wood with blue trees, yellow grass and purple haze on the move. Chemical velvet that surrounds my skin, a liquid olfactive LSD inside of blue bottle. Organic chemistry at its finest.

Scentrack: Kenneth Bager Fr. One (and I kept hearing)

Rating: chemical velvety ****

SundayMorning
SundayMorning

A perfume marked as a unisex, with "Stereotype masculine" smell. I wish more perfumes( both for women and men) were more allowing! It would maybe reach out more to those who are scared of their own secret perfumality...:) Strong, spicy and nice to my nose.
As the reviewer before me, much cedar.
Update:
Love for this perfume & bottle but after a whole day, i unfortunetly only can smell a vague JPG's "le male" , that i really dont like.

zucchera
zucchera

As I´m a fan of unisex perfumes and this is a perfume from mr Lagerfeld I orded this in blind and it was rather cheap.

It didn´t take me many hours to find out that this was not what I tought. The perfume smelled just cedar on me, cedar for a short while and then nothing.

The woody note woulden´t be any problem if it was blended with something else and if it had a better longevity.

The sillage and longevity is very poor and it dosen´t make me curious on the others from the same collection.

perfumeholic88

The best from Kapsule Trylogy. Dark, smoked plum with cedar and littlebit oak moss. Perfect for autumn. If you think which one to buy take Woody!

lemmenkukka
lemmenkukka

This is a masterpiece for both sexes! Warm and cosy, elegant and subtle. I like this a lot!

nicok
nicok

I bought it because I read it has some similarity with Escada's Magnetism.
I'd say it belongs to that category: sweet scent for male 20 to 30, like magnetism or Joop, but not as spectacular as the above.

It is still a pleasant smell, but somehow ordinary.

voodoodanny
voodoodanny

This was a blind buy for me, based on the reputation of Oliver Cresp, reviews on Basenotes and the very reasonable price tag (£17.99 for 75ml/2.5oz).

I get the pruney-plum note quite strongly in the opening, as well as the hint of acetone that someone mentioned. The softer sweet-savory accord of woods and moss are close behind. It does exactly what it says on the bottle and with average sillage and longevity, it is a very pleasant and wearable frag.

I'm not totally in love with it, nor do I dislike it. Neutral is my rating today but this juice sits somewhere between a like and a love for me.

kida2010
kida2010

Pants! Not really very woody or anything special.
Can be found very cheap nowadays. More fruity and sharp than anything.

dkny27
dkny27

Blind bought this based on a members suggestion from a thread about "cedar" notes.... blueberry(member), you couldn't have recommended better!! This is spicy, woody, elegant, rugged all rolled into one. This could work for a man or woman as long as she can pull it off. It is sweet, not sugary, but sweet woods with and overtone of spice.... Incredible buy and find! It's not an all day scent, but for the price, one can apply several times. Highly recommended!

leecher88
leecher88

i got it and i love it
and i cant see why its called woody its more oriental !

Very Elegant and warm smell !

And its iexpenssive

And its a great unisex scent (i am a man and wear it without a problem )

Edit : After wearing on skin and on clothes , i can tell you it lasts :
on skin : 6-8 hours but not very offensive
on clothes : +24 hours and its after 12 hours still heavy mmmmmm

if you go to a club or a restaurant then spray it on clothes, but when you are back at home you should wash the clothes or it will annoy you
but unbelievable power !!!!!
My first perfume which has such a staying power on clothes !!!!

Buy this masterpiece

Finisterle
Finisterle

Woody ? Where are the trees ? They have been cut down and shipped to China, then diluted with plenty of stale water and sold to cheapskate Karl Lagerfeld. Lagerfeld has tricked a world of gullible perfumistas with his three worthless glass pearls. Colored pieces of glass, that's what you get from the Crapsules and especially this one.

Roqfort
Roqfort

Very nice scent. Not loud, but very pleasant, comfortable. It's like a cream with wood, some sweet, but not much, and something like plum with nuts... Longevity - about 6-7 hours.
Cheap, but classy. My rating - 4/5

sunny.kumar

it has this cool mint smell to it

sunny.kumar

One word Wow, makes a girl go crazy

perfumeholic88

In my opinon it´s not unisex but it suits more for woman. I have 30ml Woody but I don´t use it so often but if then only in winter. I prefer that then Floriental but also Floriental is ok. In Woody I smell vanilla and some plum. Longevity is not so good.

LindyLou
LindyLou

I agree that this is a milky kind of scent. It turns into something a little bit like Jicky does after a while on me (which is a good thing because while Jicky stinks in the beginning, I really do like it after a while). It smells a bit like sultana yeast buns to me. Inoffensive pleasant and different. Totally unisex.

I think it smells similar to Lancome Magnifique and it's strange.because they don't have any note in common,but both are created by Olivier Cresp.
by the way,to me it smells sweet and woody with a touch of saffron.I don't smell oakmoss at all,since it makes perfumes bitter and this one's not bitter at all.
I kinda like it,but still I prefer magnifique.

Galya
Galya

Nice,nice perfume.Simple,sweet,fresh plum-woody's perfume,longlasting,natural and for my fortune is without oakmoss :)
Good sobstitution for a Femminete du bois by Shiseido!

Well, perhaps I've unwittingly become an iso-E-super slut, but I have to say that I like KAPSULE WOODY a lot! The plum and the wood mingle together enticingly with the moss (though it does not really seem like oakmoss to me, nor is evernia prunastri listed among the ingredients).

By far my favorite of the KAPSULE trio, WOODY is fully unisex to my nose. I do find this one a bit different from the usual woody colognes out there, primarily because of the plum. Somehow I'm getting a bit of an emergent incense vibe out of the deceptively simple line-up of notes.

Same gorgeous bottle, this time in a tealish blue. Splendid!!!! Even the sleek brushed-aluminum cap feels and looks nice. Love the geometry and aesthetics of the whole presentation. Kudos to Karl & Co. for not neglecting the all-important details all-too-often overlooked.

mehrdad
mehrdad

رایحه خوشبوی دارد و هـمانطور که از نامش هـم بر می آید نت وودی و یا چوب دارد از لحاظ دوام هـم نسبتا خوب است و تنهـا یک ایراد بر آن که شاید باعث شود استقبال خوبی ازش به عمل نیاید آمبولانژ آن میباشد
مردانه
جذاب
شیک
اورینتال
مثل کارهـای وندر وود و لوئوه سون و بلک تاچ رایحه ای چوب گونه دارد

Dunmore
Dunmore

Amazing fragrance. This one tends to be a bit more masculine. It's sort of a milky, woody aura that follows you everywhere. Very few notes that combine to create a simple, yet amazing scent.
Sillage and longevity are great. 8.5/10

I just got this at a steal, so I really don't care whether I like it or not. This Kapsule Woody comes on strong with a lot of oak moss and some cedar. When I first stick my nose into it, it smells like the OFF! Bug Spray, but it's not terrible because this Kapsule doesn't smell artificial. I really enjoy it especially when I just pick up this scent in the air; rather than digging my nose in. The plum is not very fruity but it just gives a sweet oriental quality; just enough to make the scent unisex also. This is so underrated and I appreciate the unconventional concept of this trio. Next time I will try this with my Kapsule Light (my favorite) to see what happens, and I can't wait to find the Floriental because it's my final piece of this set.

Woody. This is probably what you'd expect to smell from a fragrance named Kapsule Woody. Sure, there's woodsiness galore, but it's a little more than just a forest.

On my skin Kapsule Woody is quite masculine, but I don't mind. The woods in this fragrance are quite earthy and rich, however occasionally I sense a delightful tobacco and plummy goodness that is quite resinous and delicious.

Perhaps some will be confused by my description, but Kapsule Woody smells like something from a by-gone era, medieval perhaps. There's something very soothing and sensual about it too, which encourages me to keep inhaling this glorious scent.

I swear I can smell tobacco and ivy in this fragrance, particularly towards the heart. It's kind of sweet in its representation, but not in a sickening way. I love oriental woody scents, so Kapsule Woody is right up my alley. The sillage is to die for as well, being quite trajectory and concentrated. That's not to mention the longevity, which is amazing as well.

One review likened this fragrance to Burberry London for Men which I'll have to agree with. They both share interesting similarities. Kapsule Woody is a wonderful fragrance that I can't help but admire.

Doc Elly
Doc Elly

It was with dread that I approached this sample that came in a cheap-looking plastic spray vial, part of a matchbook package containing three mutual flanker varieties without an original (the other members of the litter are “floriental” and “light”). That concept and presentation doesn’t sound at all promising, but Woody turned out better than expected - much better!

It starts out as warm, spicy, slightly fruity sandalwood. About an hour into the drydown there’s a strange, burnt sulfur-like note that reminds me of a match that’s just been struck, not strong, more a “tactile in the nose” sensation than a smell, but definitely present. At this point the plum/oakmoss note starts coming to the fore, along with ambery base notes, turning the scent into a fruity, clean-musky, vanilla amber quasi-oriental. Nice, but not woody. After a 3-4 hours all that’s left is a vanilla musk.

Brettyboy
Brettyboy

I purchased this today after finding it at TK MAXX at a low price. I love it. It is simple, classy and very unprententious. The plum note reminds me of the very under-rated Balman by Balmain and goes nicely with the cedar note. I now have woody and light and they go very well together. The lasting power is good and not many people have it either.
The few notes that this has gives the fragrance breathing space and adds some clarity. The evolution of the scent takes a long time and as the plum note fades and the cedar amps up it becomes rich and masculine.

Sissi
Sissi

Less is more the scents plays it's self
well in a sparse three note artistry
the plum brings sensuality the oakmoss and
ceder brings masculinity. a minimalistic
elegance that reflects the new millennium
attitude in fashion and in fragrances.

Floritica64
Floritica64

Karl Lagerfeld is the premiere fashion designer in the entire world. He's allowed to be eccentric. Artsy, fartsy people give the world fashion, glamour and something to talk about when you are bored.

blueberry
blueberry

Great smelling and long lasting perfume. It gives me confidence and kind of warm freshness. It seems to enfold me in a radiating way. Apart from cedar, I detect something metalic and milky in it. A very successful combination! And I was complimented so many times by both women and men. Excellent sillage.

narcisa
narcisa

I agree with Marianne - I use it with my husband, but I think it is more suitable for him. Love the oriental woodsy notes. I also like very much the bottle - simple and rafinate

Marianne
Marianne

It's an interesting unisex scent that tries to combine masculine and feminine notes - the masculine ones are a bit too dominating, I would say. Very fresh and spicy at the beginning. I wouldn't wear it but it's suitable for open-minded men.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Karl Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Karl Lagerfeld Kapsule Woody, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Kapsule Woody by Karl Lagerfeld. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Kapsule Woody by Karl Lagerfeld represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay