Designers » I-K » « Groups

Iris d`Argent Keiko Mecheri for women and men

Iris d`Argent Keiko Mecheri for women and men
dislike

Iris d`Argent is a fragrance by Keiko Mecheri and it introduces masculine floral nuances composed of iris, white iris, citrus, chypre accords, cedar and amber. Available as 75ml edp. Iris d`Argent was launched in 2009.

Citruses Amber Oakmoss Patchouli Vetiver Cedar Black Iris White Iris

Iris d`Argent Fragrance Reviews

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Nice overall, the drydown is chypre/woody. A silver iris,very dark but "enlightened" in the contours of the citrus notes and from amber. I tried other parfumes by Keiko Mecheri, and not let me down. I like that, but it's not thrilling... but it smells good, more on the masculine side of the feminine in my opinion! The sillage is moderate,good longevity.

Sillage: 6./10
Scent: 7.5/10

Overall: 8/10

polly golightly
polly golightly

l'iris è una delle poche note fiorite che riesco ad indossare. questo iris, molto agrumato, senza traccia sia del sentore di carota che dell'accenno polveroso caratteristici delle altre fragranze simili, non è per me.

Unfortunately not an iris for me. I see others find this cold and earthy, but to me it's too clean and citrusy. I must have a preference toward the very far side of "carroty" iris.
An all together pleasant scent, and yes, it's more interesting than Infusion d'Iris and the like, but I don't think it'd be unwearable or unlikable for Infusion d'Iris fans.
The opening is melange of citrus. Then the iris does come in, and I get a bit of that earthy, sweet, lipstick scent but it's faint and tinged with something soapy. I smell a tiny bit of ambery sweetness, but not oakmoss and no detectable woody notes.

Cereza
Cereza

I am very picky about iris fragrances to say the least. I actually have enjoyed very few iris dominated fragrances, but IRIS d'ARGENT is THE perfect iris for me. It had the aspects I love about iris (dry earthiness yet subtle freshness) and it lacked everything I dislike about iris (old-lipstick powder). So I was hooked form the start.
Unfortunately IRIS d'ARGENT has a staying power of 3 hours before turning to a musky mess with no other notes present. Well then, my search for the perfect iris goes on.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

I have been searching for the perfect iris scent (perfect for me of course). After becoming more familiar with the great irises out there in the niche realm I needed to edit my review after buying a bottle of Iris d'Argent.

I still like Iris d'Argent very much but I would put Le Labo Iris 39 and Roman Monegal's Impossible Iris above it in my estimation as I have learned that I like a drier, truer iris scent.

However, Mecheri's Iris d'Argent is still a favorite because it is so different from other iris scents out there. The fact that it does not have all the iris roots and leaves that tend to make some iris scents too bitter for my taste is appealing. It has the silvery element like Lutens Iris Silver Mist but is saved from being as cold as Silver Mist by the amber, which gives it just a bit of warmth to keep it from being too cold. But the metal sensation keeps it edgy and 21st century. The woods and the vetiver also give the fragrance a difference that is interesting and again a very modern take on a traditional scent. I like to layer this with The Different Company's Bois d'Iris. A really nice combination as the Bois d'Iris somewhat counters the slightly sweet sensation that one gets from Iris d'Argent in the drydown.

GoodVibrations
GoodVibrations

Crystal musk violet-cedar-iris fool's gold. Pleasant but not rich.

bloosunshine
bloosunshine

This is a very realistic Iris,I am not clouded with
earthy soil notes like Hiris,or Iris Poupre.The citrus
gives it a freshness,cedar,depth,and amber base smooth
it out seamlessly.This is well suited for a man or
woman.A close to the skin scent,that`s sophisticated
and a little edgy.Perfect for work or weekends!

Keiko Mecheri IRIS D’ARGENT is such a rich, resiny, feminine iris perfume. There are no earthy notes here such as I detect in KM IRIS POURPRE, which is definitely closer to HIRIS, although the latter is more of an iris-carrot tops perfume, it seems to me... I would situate IRIS D’ARGENT, in contrast, closer to FERRE edp and Aqua di Parma IRIS NOBILE.

I was mystified by the characterization of this composition as more masculine than IRIS POURPRE and so decided to perform a side-by-side test, which merely confirmed my contrariness. (-: To my nose, IRIS D’ARGENT is clean and shiny and silvery and very perfumey, while IRIS POURPRE is darker and includes roots to which a bit of soil is still clinging and has a more pronounced chypre-like facet. These creations both smell splendid, but they are very different, featuring as they seem to very different parts of the iris plant.

I prefer IRIS D’ARGENT (lighter, with more iris flowers and no other plant parts) to IRIS POURPRE (darker, with more orris root and a somewhat vegetal aspect), and would love to add a bottle of the former to my collection. Both of these compelling creations are must-sniffs for iris aficionados!

harlequin1572
harlequin1572

This is definitely an *interpretation* of iris, rather than an honest representation of the flower. It is one of the colder takes on iris, particularly compared with Keiko Mecheri's own Iris Pourpre, which is all sweet and sunny, and PG's Iris Oriental, which is sweet and spicy.

There are three things in particular that make this an interesting and quite unusual interpretation of iris, in my opinion. One is that I get none of the usual iris powder. The second thing is that, whatever amber is adding to the scent, it is not warming it up, or not enough to feel like amber. And finally, the citruses (if they are there at all) are not crisp and zesty, but rather more reminiscent of cucumber; no bite at all.

When I stopped telling myself what the notes are supposed to be and look for them in their more familiar form, I started to enjoy this fragrance. But in the end, it is too unconventional for me to commit to a full bottle - which, if anything, is a compliment to Iris d'Argent :)

jae
jae

I used the last of my sample of this last night to test it out in Baltimore's Summer humidity. While this has Acqua di Parma Iris Nobile and Jacques Fath Irissime to compete with, I did get compliments, a decent sillage and about 6-7 hours of noticeable longevity. Now this has to beat Hiris...

UPDATE: Well, this isn't as "perfumey" as Hiris and I'm finding that it's not as "cold" as Hiris, either. But it's very much a beautiful composition. There's something about it that makes me feel comfortable when I sampled it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Keiko Mecheri Iris d`Argent fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Keiko Mecheri Iris d`Argent, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Iris d`Argent by Keiko Mecheri. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Iris d`Argent by Keiko Mecheri represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.