Designers » I-K » « Groups

Teatro Alla Scala Krizia for women

Teatro Alla Scala Krizia for women
dislike

Teatro Alla Scala Krizia for women Pictures

Teatro Alla Scala by Krizia is a fragrance for women. Teatro Alla Scala was launched in 1985. Top notes are aldehydes, coriander, fruity notes and bergamot; middle notes are carnation, tuberose, orris root, jasmine, beeswax, ylang-ylang, rose and geranium; base notes are patchouli, musk, benzoin, civet, oakmoss, vetiver and incense.

Aldehydes Coriander Fruity Notes Bergamot

Teatro Alla Scala Fragrance Reviews

candymarie
candymarie

Spot on review, @lastcenturymodern

If stunning classics with honeyed carnation, incense and oakmoss get you excited, you can't go wrong with this one. I have a large decant received from a generous swapper years ago, but haven't sprung for a bottle due to my aversion to civet (for the way the real stuff was harvested - with extreme cruelty). I'm not sure if the real stuff or synthetic was used in vintage Teatro Alla Scala. Would love to know.

lastcenturymodern
lastcenturymodern

Teatro Alla Scala, the original edp formula, is primarily a spicy rose perfume with animalic facets, along the lines of Coco edp or Agent Provocateur. It starts out a bit like the original Fendi, although nowhere near as dry or bitter, and quickly progresses into a rose-carnation combination supported by soft incense, civet and oakmoss, all covered in a mildly sweet glaze of beeswax and benzoin.
The syrupy, raunchy quality of Teatro definitely gives it an old-school sort of opulence that reviewers below generally seem to associate with theatre-going, furs and silk. I find it completely wearable in a modern, jeans-and-tee context.
It's more restrained than Coco, more elegant than AP, and perhaps a touch more feminine than, say, Portrait of a Lady - but certainly unisex by today's standards.

carolyn.parker
carolyn.parker

Review Of Teatro Alla Scala Minis & Spray Bottles

I can't add too much to what has already been said about this amazing, beautiful masterpiece of perfumery.

When I first wore it, sometime in the late 80's, I associated this fragrance with smoky Orientals in the style of Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. Today's kids just can't understand what perfume really is. This is a sophisticated, artistic fragrance for the experienced fragrance enthusiast & the vintage collector. Teatro comes in both mini dab on bottles and the spray bottles. I have both and wear them in winter time.

Unlike some wintery musk scents like Paloma Picasso, or a warm spicy floral like Coco Eau de Parfum & Fendi(which Teatro resembles) this fragrance is an evocative perfume of an Italian theater, or a time when luxurious, full bodied, voluptuous perfumes were in vogue. True to the reviewers' comments, this is a gorgeous 1980's power perfume. In today's context it's unisex.

I would describe the minis as being cologne concentration or perhaps even toilette, with a short but memorable life. The spray is fresh and longer lasting, with the same performance of notes as the minis. They both open with aldehydes which are soapy and fresh but masculine. Almost at once the statement it makes is: majestic, royal, powerful and aristocratic. I can see why reviewer Eliza Gelman associates this perfume with historical figures such as Lucrezia Borgia Niccolo Machiavelli & Napoleon Bonaparte. This DOES smell like the grandeur of the Baroque & European Renaissance. It evokes opera houses (hence the Teatro Alla Scala in Milan Italy) powdered wigs of white color on men like in the 1984 film Amadeus about the life of composer Mozart & his rival Antonio Salieri.

The scent is masculine and assertive, so despite it's market being women, this fragrance smells like it would have been worn by men of the 1700's. It has a solemn and Church-like air, a cologne for the Pope, or for high clergymen like Cardinals. Cardinal Richelieu who served as the most powerful government minister and man of God in France during the reign of Louis the 13th, but who is generally portrayed as conniving, scheming, wicked and cruel in fiction such as Alexandre Dumas The Three Musketeer novels. All at once I have romantic and adventurous images of men on horseback protecting royalty, Cathedral incense and coronations, intrigue, sex, scandal, murders, usurping princes, wars, and royal women who were ravishingly beautiful, whom powerful men would start wars just to give them heirs and wealthy lands taken as spoils of war. A sort of scent for Catherine De Medici who was no goody two shoes. Also a fragrance for Queen Elizabeth I. A kind of scent of a time when Catholics fought against Protestants. I can't tell you how historical this perfume is. It is the most historical fragrance ever.

Even with this association, which a lot of people are smart enough to "get", you still feel the overwhelming beauty of it's luxury, it's opulence, it's detailed arrangement of notes which make up a very beautiful aroma made for the man or woman who knows a good perfume when they smell one.

The aldehydes give way to a slight fruit note, in the mix, sweet with such sweet ingredients as honey, and the florals are heightened feminine flowers of roses, geranium, tuberose, jasmine, and iris or orris root. The powder is pretty strong and the heart is actually a good powdery root of iris flower. Even with this much sweetness and feminine powder, one can still detect the incense, woodsy notes, the vetiver, patchouli and benzoin, with a little musky civet thrown in there too. But that being said it is the musk and civet that is the least detectable note and one could hardly believe it's there. For me the biggest 2 accords are incense/benzoin and powder orris with a honey and or a sort of honeyed amber with florals.

Teatro is a pretty elaborate fragrance, classified as Oriental, but for me it's not hardcore Oriental. It smells ancient, woodsy, smoky, dark, rich, soapy, sweet, powerful, and stylish. It can pass for a Chanel, definitely along the lines of Coco so if you like & wear Coco by Chanel, this should be a very easy perfume to wear. Evening wear. Nocturnal, formal, no nonsense, elegant, and clearly ment for the mature crowds. Wear them with evening gowns, coats, and winter apparel. It is detectable to others so if you wear this in public, remember that not everyone likes it as much as you do and even less if you put too much of it on. I learned that the hard way.

Beautiful.

Waltzing Matilda
Waltzing Matilda

This is a heavenly oriental with good projection and lasting power. Teatro Alla Scala is a superb offering from Krizia, and it makes me want to explore more from this house. Divine old school class.

Lilith Dragonette
Lilith Dragonette

This is a strong vintage oriental. It does not smell like any modern perfumes I've tried. The opening smells like ambergris to me, and then it becomes a very rich honey incense, over an antique wood base. This smells like a beautiful old house, in a very good (and wearable) way. I really liked this perfume on first try, and craved it afterward, so I think it is a love.
This review is for the EDP.

eliza.gelman
eliza.gelman

TEATRO ALLA SCALA

Krizia

Year

1985

Remarkable

Teatro Alla Scala is close to smelling like Fendi, and both are rich opulent Oriental masterpieces.

This is a luxurious perfume. I first wore her in 1985 and it was my first venture into Italian perfumery. I thought this fragrance was very empowering and I wore her to important business dinners and social affairs, charity events, fundraisers and romantic evenings at the Opera with my late girlfriend Xiomara whom I described in my review of Coco Eau de Parfum.

I would later take on other Italian classics like Fendi, Roma, Diva, Versace, Armani. This fragrance is also rather like Diva by Ungaro and Chanel Coco Eau de Parfum.

Like those aforementioned fragrances, Teatro is positively regal, grandiose, Baroque, a cologne for a Venetian Doge's daughter, who is beautiful but the general public - la gente- can only catch a glimpse of her mysterious brown eyes and dark tresses behind a long dark veil inside her horse-drawn carriage as it whisks her away from Venice and into Rome for state affairs.

It smells of a long ago time, of kings, queens, Machiavelli, the Borgias, the Medici, the Renaissance, Popes, Doges, and priests. A time of great wealth & corruption.

This is a sweet, intoxicating liqueur, and it does evoke some of the imagery described by reviewer Gigi the Fashionista. It's an alchemist potion with a puff of black smoke and incense coming out of a burgundy liquid. Lucrezia Borgia comes to mind. A woman of intellect and power, but which she uses to advance her own ambitions. A tad on the "evil" "witch" side; like with Magie Noire by Lancôme. I don't think that in the end this fragrance is like any of the fragrances I made references to.

The huge dose of honey from a honeycomb and beeswax note is what sets this apart. It sweetens it up and that orris also gives it a powder effect. This can become rather G rated as an Oriental, and pretty soapy, I suppose on account of the aldehydes & white floral notes of white carnation, jasmine and tuberose.

Lots of coriander, incense, benzoin, spices, vetiver and moss. The thing is that even with all these deep Oriental notes the fragrance can feel bright and balanced with aldehydes & floral notes, the fragrance appears to have something for everyone. It is unisex and can turn as masculine as Opium by Yves Saint Laurent, but she is a lady, a Queen, dressed in long robes of deep burgundy.

A civet note and musk scent emerge in the finale of the performance of this fragrance. But even the civet is bowing it's head to the floral Queen, and the procession of priests carrying incense and filling the air with it.

It does smell like a Church as others have aptly pointed out. But to me it's like a Coronation. It smells of Napoleon Bonaparte's lavish coronation ceremony in Notre Dame Cathedral. Or it conjures up visions of Grand Opera on stage. Maybe Coronazione di Poppea, something from the Baroque Era with castrati singing as gods like Apollo, flying over the stage on a sun chariot, and a chorus of beautiful nymphs sing his praises. It is elaborate and sophisticated, woody, smoky, floral and resinous.

This perfume is that much a 1980's overdone in your face fragrance. She is somber, stately, formal. I would not call her melancholy but she has a very serious and dignified air. This fragrance reminds me of Judge Frollo from Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame! Evil, hypocritical, a wolf in the cloak of a priest.

This also comes off as Romani, Gypsy. It has complexity and depth, a perfume that should be given more praise and attention. Classic vintage lovers seem to forget this one and are more inclined to like Coco or Fendi. But Krizia is in the same level.

A beautiful and magnificent Oriental

In recent years I have worn her to the Opera with my friends and to formal dress galas and dinner parties. This is a night time cologne to wear with your best and glamorous clothing. It is also warm and balsamic and suited to cold winter months. The honey and musk keeps you warm and sweet.

Wrap yourself up in this civet cloak of woodsy goodness.

I love love love this perfume.

auroramccandless
auroramccandless

Review Of The Vintage Miniature Dab On Bottle

I have the dab-on mini of this fragrance because I love to collect minis! It saves you money and you get the same scent and plus it's easier to apply it directly on your pulse points or where you want the fragrance to project. The mini looks like a bench with a fan shaped stopper and comes in a little box that looks like it would contain soap.

On me Teatro is a soft powder. I also detect a woodsy note that is not listed for some strange reason. It smells of sandalwood but it's heavier on the orris which is essentially a powder. The incense note reminds me of the incense in such frags as Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. In fact I would compare Teatro to Opium. In Opium, the patchouli and the myrrh is bigger, and in Teatro it's softer.

This is a beautiful Oriental fragrance of spicy woodsy smoky powdery elegance and sexiness.

The florals include carnation, rose, and jasmine. There is also a little hint of fruit as it opens. Despite all the incense, it's also quite sweet. I was surprised at how sweet it is. Maybe the fruit? Or the honey note.

Teatro is not as complex or as mysterious or as Oriental as say Coco Eau de Parfum or even Opium but it has an attractive charm. Sure it's outdated and does smell like Church, but why not? Why not wear it to Church if you happen to go to Church. It's very formal and can be worn with black formal dresses and suits for a funeral or graduation ceremony, or gala. It's also definitely unisex.

Beautiful! Thanks for the reviews!

Worth the price and blind buy if you like soft Oriental florals

gazelle
gazelle

OMG! This is one of the most beautiful fragrances I've had the pleasure to sniff. After reading Lucia's, Gigi's, and the other reviews, I decided to blind buy on eBay. It has been worth every penny. I'd been looking for an incense, civet, and oakmoss perfume and I have found it The honey note greeted me and then the incense followed. I have moved this perfume to the top of my list of favorites for this autumn and winter holiday season.
Thank you Fragranticans. Your reviews on this site have been invaluable in helping me to experience perfumes I'd never have known existed. It's been many thrilling experiences.

lucia.lawson
lucia.lawson

Teatro Alla Scala is my signature fragrance. I fell in love with this perfume when it was first launched back in 1985. I was a professor of music at the time and was part of an expedition to Milan Italy with an operatic society. My last husband had retired from conducting in London and I was seeking a new perfume. I needed a change from my Chanel favorites: Coco Eau de Parfum, as well as Chanel No. 5. To my surprise Teatro is similar to Coco. This is a gorgeous incense based fragrance. There's a smoky tobacco aroma in this perfume, quite masculine. There's also plenty of musk, but as an experienced musk-e-teer I have always welcomed musk in fragrances. This scent is one of the most beautifully put-together fragrances of the 80's. The opening is fruity with nondescript fruit, a dash of bergamot orange at the top, and some florals in the heart including jasmine, geranium rose and carnation. There's also aldehydes and balsamic notes, resins, spices, and a honey accord. The honey is gorgeous. I remember my husband always remarked "oh you're wearing that honey perfume". But make no mistake. This is one strong and aggressive incense type of Oriental. It smells Middle Eastern and Arabic. It is supposed to evoke the Opera House La Scala in Milan and I went there wearing this perfume to see if anyone would notice. I discovered it smells like the wood around the old theater as well as the candle scent/ candle wax scent of the candelabrum. This smells expensive, opulent, mysterious, dark, romantic, and elegant. It is a perfume for women who love to dress up from head to toe. I still wear this to the opera. It always makes me feel like a Baroque opera singer in heavy powder and make up, wigs and long gowns. An incense and bright candlelight fills the air. It's an evening cologne for winter and autumn. I prefer the dab on original bottle than the spray. The spray smells like men's soap. The dab-on or splash bottle is very rich, like an old wine that's been stored for years. It's absolutely magnificent.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Teatro is an amazing fragrance but you have to have an acquired taste to wear it and enjoy it, just like with opera. This was initially too masculine on me. I smelled it and sampled it and thought this was as manly as Opium by Yves Saint Laurent. Oh God no. I never cared for Opium but it was the patchouli in Opium that turned me off. This is very different. This is incense. I got mostly incense. It was not too heavy but it was the major accord. It smells like a lot of things: it has balsamic oil, soap, and honey. The beeswax note is totally there. There's also something like a spice but I can't make out what it could be. It's got more aldehydes than musk and I thought it was the aldehydes that made it more feminine and enjoyable. There are sweet floral touches (not heavy), the softest faintest scents of rose and carnation. It's definitely Oriental in it's composition but it does seem to smell more European, more Italian, like some bath oil from a palazzo or palace in Venice Italy. This has a very antique quality like something that you'd smell in a museum. It's also got something that could pass for wood. It's got incredible longevity and sillage and this is a perfume that means business. Very hard to wear. I thought hard about where I could wear it. It is much better than Opium for me and the honey and incense are very enjoyable. I think I'll wear this on Halloween or at a masquerade costume party. I have frags that I wear very infrequently to events that require me to dress up: Fancy Nights Jessica Simpson, Enchanted by Chopard, Midnight Poison by Dior, etc. Teatro smells like you have to be very well dressed or dressed up to wear this perfume. It's definitely an evening cologne. It's unisex so guys please go out and try this. It's very aromatic and luxurious, dark, mysterious, elegant but with a touch of evil. I agree with the comparison to The Phantom of the Opera. It smells like a tall shadowy mysterious man in a large cape lurking in an old theater. It also smells like a million bucks.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

EDT Version:
If vintage diva and vintage coco had a baby, it be this with Opium as the godmother.

Not a lot of civet in the edt, but the aldehyde opening will grab you. About 15 min in, it starts to shine and come together.The honeyed rose really stands out on my skin reminiscent of Diva. Love this for a spring/summer. Its lighter than vintage opium EDT for reference.

EDP Vintage Version:
This is where the COCO references com into play. Not as much honeyed rose as the EDT , but a spicier, heavier version of the EDT. Very Rich, opulant perfume.

mmmmgood
mmmmgood

One hell of a fragrance....WOW-wee. I bought the vintage juice (EDP) and I have no idea what the reformulation looks like or smells like. And despite owning some pretty cool Amouage frags, this dated, long-discontinued perfume is the most expensive I own. I bought the last box the store owner had in stock, and he told me he had no intentions of restocking it, because as hard as he tried, no one wanted to put the money down for it. He had it on his shelf, for 3 yrs, before I grabbed it.

As Ive said many times, incense has to be 'done right' in order for me to like it. And with old school juices like this, Opium and Bal a Versailles, incense dont get a whole lot better. This is a sticky, dense, warm, sumptuous dessert of florals, beeswax, musk and incense, basically..

Longevity, on point....bottle, very nice/chic. And this will last a LONG time, because I only sprayed it twice, and winced when the impact of the incense and civet, hit my nose. It swarmed all over me, as I walked the 6 blocks back to my place.

Beautiful...absolutely, beautiful. Weddings, an expensive night out somewhere...a special date/dinner with "someone"...and any other occasion that is as formal as it gets. This perfume, DEMANDS you have your act together when you wear it.

the beeswax/incense is the star of the show, here. Without it, its just another 80s powerhouse with that typical floral/civet-wham-bam. But add a "churchy" incense and beeswax, and its obvious to me this perfume would sell like hotcakes if it were a more current niche fragrance.

this is top 3 in my crowd of scents, definitely...

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Teatre Alla Scalla feels like a step back in time to "The Decade That Roared". How this exotic fragrance would suit sleekly bobbed hair, smokey kohl-lined eyes, gold scarab beetle-shaped rings and beaded, sheer evening dresses! It sure is a sultry scent, but there is something quite fun about it too. Teatre Alla Scalla seems made to mingle with a mink-collared coat and a coquettish attitude...

I love the peppery, almost masculine, opening of this fragrance and it quickly settles into a drydown I love even more. The honey note is light and clear, a smoke note leaves a gentle haze over the composition and a touch of soft rose can be detected. I smell spice from carnation and a slight coolness from orris. The note that stands out most to me is civet, and I feel compelled to wear Teatro Alla Scalla with some sort of animal garment, whether silk, fur or leather. The honey note stands out as well, adding lift and sweetness. Honey + animalic notes can sometimes make me feel woozy (I'm looking at you, La Nuit de Paco Rabanne, and you, Clandestine) but T.A.S. is perfectly balanced.

I will be wearing this gorgeous fragrance to the "adult" Christmas parties I attend this year.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

TEATRO: OPERA PERFUME MASTERPIECE

Notes in Krizia's Teatro Alla Scala

Head notes: Aldehydes Coriander Fruit Bergamot

Heart Notes: Carnation, Tuberose, Orris root, Jasmine, Beeswax, Ylang-ylang Rose Geranium

Base Notes: Patchouli, Musk, Benzoin, Civet, Oakmoss, Vetiver Incense

I waited a very long time to get my hands on a vintage Krizia's Teatro Alla Scala Eau de Parfum. This comes in what looks like a flat wooden bench with a red plastic triangular stopper. The miniature eau de parfum looks the same. The Teatro Alla Scala sold today is the reformulation in Eau de Toilette spray in a red and yellow container which resembles deoderant. I haven't tried the Toilette spray and so I can't talk about what that smells like. I would say, however, that this fragrance is unisex and even more of a male fragrance. Teatro came out in 1985 and it's definitely an 80's powerhouse perfume. It's quite strong. The Teatro Alla Scala Milan, or La Scala, opened in 1778 and was built over the site of the Church of the Santa Maria alla Scala in Milan Italy. And this is exactly where this fragrance will take you. As an opera lover, I've been to La Scala and can vouch that Krizia perfectly recreated the smell and overall feel of that opera house. But at the same time it can also smell like any old European opera house, theater/playhouse, museum or church. There has never been a fragrance that has taken me to such a specific place. Teatro should in any opera lover's collection. And if you aren't an opera fan, this fragrance will become an absolute pleasure for fans of incense, woods, civet, and classically formulated fragrances in the style of Lancome's Magie Noire which to my nose this fragrance resembles. This frag also resembles the vintage Chanel Coco eau de parfum and Yves Saint Laurent's Opium. If I had to classify this fragrance I would call it a CHYPRE. This is such a smoky woody fragrance and with more of a men's cologne feel than a woman's perfume. It's dark, mysterious, romantic and engaging. It seems to be telling the story of the construction of La Scala. The incense is the incense of the Church of the Santa Maria Alla Scala and it's very strong. To my nose this is such an incense bomb. The patchouli combination also enhances the smoky effect. Of the top notes I could only get coriander. There is a sweetness to this frag that appears to be coming from the fruit notes and the beeswax but it's not at all a fruity fragrance. Beeswax is very strong. This is not just a sweet honey/honeycomb but more of a beeswax that is used to make wood polish and candles! And La Scala has a lot of candles, candles that are used to light up the theater, adding even more to the incense/smoke notes. It can be so overwhelming that I envisioned the opera house on fire. On the skin the beeswax is very warm. I didn't pick up on any civet note but it would also account for the frag's warmth. It's a very warm fragrance and therefore suited to winter time. Of the hear notes besides the beeswax I also got a red rose. It's not a heavy rose but it's clearly there. It's hard to describe this fragrance. It's very complex. As I inhaled the perfume and let my imagination soar, it brought images of the opera house being built over the church, then set on fire by the evil plot of a man whose personality was similar to Machiavelli. This fragrance takes you so far back in time that you're in the 1700's and Antonio Salieri is plotting the death of Mozart. Think Amadeus the 1984 movie. If that film came with a fragrance, this is it. This is totally a frag that Salieri would wear! It smells deliciously evil. It's like an opera being performed on your skin. I don't know how Krizia did it but it's a masterpiece. It's beautiful and dark, with the same evil bite of Lancome's Magie Noire. If you liked Magie Noire or even Dior's Poison you'll love Teatro. Smoky, woodsy, dark, mysterious and sweet in a balsamic way. I just can't figure out how this is a woman's fragrance when it really turns masculine on me. But I love it and would never live without it. It's a great scent to wear to the opera or the theater. This is a fragrance for the Phantom of the Opera! It's Goth, Gothic so it would smell really great on a Goth teenage girl. There is plenty of patchouli which is still a popular note in the composition of today's fragrances. To my nose this does not smell "old" and is easily wearable for our day in age. It is still a vintage and therefore has more complexitiy and beauty. Just loved it. Opera House. Candles, blood red drapes, incense and fire. This smelled like the cologne of the men in charge of the La Scala opera house in the 1700's, but it's like they were up to no good! I would recommend this as an evening formal fragrance. It's not light or fruity enough for the day time. It's definitely not casual. It's also not a floral fragrance, nor an Oriental. It's strictly European and more of a unisex cologne of the chypre category. Please give this fragrance a chance. It's an Opera in 3 Notes, 3 Acts.

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

Ok, this is a very complex fragrance. I don't even know what exactly I'm smelling from the start but it's sharp slightly nutty&sweet....coriander & honeycomb maybe? I'm not even going to try to break it down. All i can say is that it is very animalic in the vein of Tabu and Bal a Versailles but still maintaining it's own uniqueness. Actually I wore a sample and the very first day received a compliment. So that says a lot about it.
Just to add one note. The dry down is to die for!

theladymay
theladymay

Amazing bold, rich, opulent, intense, animalic fragrance. Everyone before me has pretty much said it already. I was 24 when this came out and just moving from my Shalimar and Cinnabar stage to my Opium and Mitsouko period. Somehow I never even heard of Teatro Alla Scalla. And I don't know if I would have loved it then anyway - I had a bottle of Bal a Versailles gifted to me in those years that I almost threw away. But wow, I sure do love it now. There is so much beauty going on here - carnation, incense, benzoin, tuberose, jasmine aldehydes, civet, oakmoss, musk and the all-encompassing beeswax/honey notes. I've got the parfum, edp and edt now - all to wear to the grocery store but hey, why not smell beautiful wherever you are. I'm very glad I didn't go through life without ever trying this one.

pravda48
pravda48

I have a mini I'm thinking is the edp of this (the little house-shaped dab bottle vs the one pictured)

It starts out richly soapy (lots of fatty aldehydes) + spicy carnation facet, and if I press my nose against it, indoles and old fashioned jasmine (but only really close up). PHASE 1: classy vintage heavy soap bar

PHASE 2: an hour or more later, it's an entirely different beauty! All waxy honeycomb, brown sugar-like carameliziation around the edges (a very sweet benzoin?) & touches of vanilla &, with a warm breath, carnation's still barely there.

I love this drydown phase, never smelled honeycomb like this. Gorgeous, and as I'm warming up to vintages this opening's becoming every more enjoyable, too. [4.23.15]

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

Hubby knows how much I hate the seemingly never-ending trend of cloying, over-flowery, sweet, allegedly young fragrances that has taken the market hostage these days. So he did some research (e.i. browsed my 'Favorite Fragrances' list) and gave me a bottle of TAS for Christmas. I am over the moon!

This is a beautiful sumptuous, exotic, heady fragrances like they only made in the 80s. I won't go over the description again. Just read the (favorable) reviews written before mine.

And if you can, give this regal scent a chance. You won't regret it.

juzme
juzme

I like to wear this in summer when it developes and interacts better with the heat of the skin. It reacts and evaporates and developes all its hidden beauty .
It becomes simply lovely . In cold seasons it behaves with more power and can not develop the soft ,feminine side of it.
Same goes with almost all of my darlings , have discoverd that in summer they are much better ,unfolding all the beauty they hold inside .

rossiniopera
rossiniopera

There are a few perfumes that just completely manage to overwhelm me in a manner I can't really explain. When I smell them, it's like falling into a deep, black hole, where I'm instantly filled with something so unbelievably strong, not memories, but more like a feeling of coming HOME... and sometimes, they actually make me cry.

Teatro alla Scala is one such scent. Scherrer 2 and Clandestine are two other, Nino Cerruti and Vendetta follow closely. I don't know why, but they all make me so very emotional. And I love them all, with all their gorgeous combinations of aldehydes, civet, beeswax and honey, carnation, tuberose, fruity notes and incense. Just wonderful.

Mistressvoodoodolly
Mistressvoodoodolly

I smell the sweetness of the beeswax, the sultry tuberose and the reverent incense. It's a masterpiece, with enough orris to tame it.. I love Coco but this is a close second.

archivist
archivist

A runaway princess raised among gypsies; dancing in velvet and silks, her skirts redolent with incense and spice and roses, a wild but alluring musk... Her eyes are wicked, her fair hair tumbles around her shoulders, her patrician face both masked and enhanced with heavy cosmetic flourishes. Very heavy, oriental, sexy - reminds me of Coco, but she's an ambery brunette. This one is aldehyde blonde.

Ditta70
Ditta70

To me it is not even Baroque any more, it is Rococo! And yes, dark red velvet and tons of gilding. Giant chandeliers with beeswax candles. Dangerous Liaisons. Intrigues and poisoned daggers. Passionate and clandestine love affairs. Huge wigs covered in rice powder, beauty patches and perfumed feathered fans. And music. Opera. Mozart. Just perfect!

Planet_X
Planet_X

For someone, who, like myself - started to love orientals in perfumery from Shalimar, Ispahan and Opium – that would be 100% match and more.
I see lots of ppl compared it with Scherrer 2, I adore Scherrer 2 but I cant see similarity.

Now. Teatro Alla Scala is EXACTLY as her name states. Its a Woman Who Dressed up and ready to go to opera. Its not supposed to be "phisically" and literally but at least in her mind)
She wants turned lights, dark heavy velvet of curtains, she wants to feel special in special place, where people whispering when talking to each other and chamber music connects you to another reality.

On me its smoky all the way through aldehydes, rose and carnation till the sexy beeswax with civet and benzoin
Its probably impossible to construct another perfume which would be so perfectly sexy, dramatic and feminine, apart of Shalimar Guerlain and Shocking Schiaparelli.

kl99
kl99

Teatro alla Scala is pure Baroque.
Mystic and sensual. Red velvet and bronze.
It is a mantle of brocade, with oxidized silver and gold flashes. lined and trimmed in fur.

It is Borgia into bottle. A De Medici elisir. The Doge of Venice could wear this potion of Byzantivm. Or Louis XIV. Or a Pope in 1600.
The first hour I sense so. I find it more unisex, well: if you were man or woman some century ago.
frankicense and Acacia, plus dirty pungent notes of animals and rich fruit. Opulent really additives. After this launch it turns into an important fragrance fifty style born for a blonde in a black fur or for a brunette in leopard. A fragrance born vintage with intention.. as hommage to a theatre entrance! And for a "tall" woman.

Obviously I love this fragrance. Masterpiece.

Drydown is similar to Fendi. Smelled from the bottle is Ispahan.

Other sites collocates this fragrance in 1986 (no 85). But I could swear it belong to late 87 or better 88. I will make my personal search. Even notes by now seems to be a bit differents:
Top: cassis, neroli, coriander, cinnamon,
heart: lily of the valley, rose, ylang-ylang, carnation,
base: oak moss, sandalwood, blond tobacco, vanilla, labdanum, musk.

lil_odessa
lil_odessa

Great stuff, very much a vintage fragrance. It's like the love child of Chanel's Coco and Yves Rocher's Venice: big oriental with tons of incense, civet, musks, resins and spices. I had been worried about the honey accord, since I perceive many honey aromachemicals as urine-like, but it's an impression of honey and beeswax, quite like a burning candle: very dramatic and liturgical! This one is definitely very more-ish, so go easy.

artsyrn
artsyrn

Oh this is amazing juice. She is rich, bold, classy, intoxicating, heavy, intense,finely crafted, sensual,and perfectly balanced to my nose... she is worthy of her name. A rare oriental treasure every serious perfumista should experience.

SumoTigerCat
SumoTigerCat

Can something that is 28 years old be termed vintage? They sure don't make 'em like this anymore. I just received this today, and I am totally entranced by it. It hits all the right notes for me... honey, beeswax, civet, incense... and on and on the notes go. In my opinion it is earthy and just Gorgeous!!

anomie et ivoire
anomie et ivoire

The epitome of winter, ideal for the later days of such when cabin fever gloom fades into reading sprawling Russian novels. Escapist but contained, faded primaries against warm fire and wood tones: all a bit sinister. Divaish but a closet cuddle freak.

Carnation and beeswax are a burning candle but in reverse with the blown-out-flame aldehydes on top. Incense and animalics evoke the musk of an enormous fur coat--possibly with trailing mink trains up an opera house staircase like one in the Chanel Coco ad, and it shares much with that flamethrower, though Teatro is calmer and less rich than Coco, Opium, or Cinnabar. This is classical Italian: friendlier, more cozy and vageuly gourmand than most spicy-loud animalic classics.

The fruity accord spliced into the heart is a bit of a shame--a muddy watercolor of a fruit bowl. Sad and Carmen Miranda where Maria Callas is more called for, but it's hot spiced wine even if a touch too fermented.

xabaras
xabaras

Intense, overwhelming, sweet and spicy. For a whole few minutes, about an hour after putting it on my skin, it became this very charming incense note, it was all I could perceive, but then it went back to being what it is: a very strong fragrance which keeps on screaming "hey! there is no parting from me... ever!"
I haven't decided if I liked it or not, but I am definitely happy I only bought a sample of this and not avery expensive full bottle.
I might try it again in a different season though, because it left me with a silly sense of "how could I not lose my head for it?"

bluebluefrog
bluebluefrog

I cannot smell this fragrance without thinking of my mother. This is "her" scent. This was what she wore for special events and going out. A very classy, strong and extremely beautiful scent. It lasts forever, and is definitely for a strong lady!

kuanyin4
kuanyin4

Go lightly, and it is a gorgeous perfume in the full sense of the world. It is a swirl and panoramic of notes that combine to make happiness. It is the paisley of perfume! Lasts a long time and that is coming from me, whose skin eats through scents. I'm very glad I got this, I love K and now this one. It's time to try Krazy...

sistertricked
sistertricked

I'm wearing Teatro today and it gives indeed a festive feeling. It opens with sweet carnation and woody rose and then slowly warms on me. It makes me feel both warm and pungent, neat and dirty, and still there is more, as it wakens up my mind and leaves me waiting. It twists and changes, follows its own moods, in a very generous way: there is plenty of honey, woody rose and carnation, do I feel some pepper too? Or is it incense? Yes I do need the character to wear this, don't I? But I like the way it domintes the air around me, as if asking for attention, yes, theatrical in a certain way and it always has the last word. One has to act up to such a fragrance.(I remember a colleague of mine wearing Dior's Pure Poison Elixir and she first of all was one of a kind ...)
I personally find it similar to Coco and, for the woody rose and carnation, similar to Pour Une Femme.
And of course, it's my new love. Worth a try if you get the chance.

olga1780
olga1780

I finally found a great deal of a large EDT and absolutelty love it! There is something in the notes that reminds me of red D&G and Le Chic.
This fragrance has a very rich and luxurious feel to it. I defitinely would not call it old-fashioned......I don't even understand this term in perfumes. It can be either something you love, like, dislike, or something that turned from age or improper storage. To me this perfume is absolutely beautiful and ageless.

Galya
Galya

on me it's a lot of honney+animale note .Perfume is really strong and longevity,some dropes are enough for a lot of hours.Realy old-fashioned perfume!Very similar at Fendi di Fendi.

la louve
la louve

I got this Eau de Parfum today... wow... "Old-school" never never never say "Old-lady" (like -kstehelmi-) ...!
I think it´s a wonderful masterpiece and I am removed light years from beeing an "OLD LADY"!
But maybe I get style... ;-)))
I looove the beeswax, I can smell dehydrated roses, powder and velvet curtains...I am from the theatre...:-) "Teatro Alla Scala" is special, cozy, seductive and unique. Great pleasure to have it in my collection... standing next to "Talisman" Balenciaga!
LOVE FROM LOUVE ! <3

passionata20
passionata20

I really love the review by "weegee". It really nailed it!
This is a really wonderful fragrance made to be worn by proud owner. It requires a proper outfit, very high class: fur coat-check, jewerly-check, good manners-absolutly!
While it opens with a bit sharper note this one quicky becomes rose and honey! Sweet yet indeed with a dirty twist. The drydown is very animalistic to me. The dirty rose i would say.
Very unique, i haven´t smelled something like this for a long time (though i get a resemblance to Yves Rocherś "Ispahan Rose") and this is one of the good "old school" fragrances. Lasting power is enourmous!!!
A true masterpiece evening wear fragrance! One of the best made by Krizia and one of the best i have tried.

And now a pure parfum is on it´s way to mamma :))) Can´t wait to try this long forgotten beauty! Must be simply amazing!

parisa
parisa

Honey-ambery (similar to Scherrer II) + incense (similar like in Ispahan)+ dirty note, probably from civet (similar animalic note as in Guet Apens). I don`t think it is too much like Fendi, Fendi is sharper, more masculine, and this one is more rounded and sweet (but not vanilla type oriental) and very *femme fatale*. Good fragrance for a fur coat. Hard to find.

One of the best perfumes ever made.

weegee
weegee

How aptly named! Teatro calls up images of a long, luxurious & politically incorrect mink coat with matching pillbox hat, long leather gloves and a dainty & glittering evening purse, all donned for an evening at... the theatre, of course.

This is a very dense, very busy fragrance with a snowy brightness in the opening, despite the fruity notes. I suppose that's the aldehydes. In the heart I find that the carnation, tuberose and rose are made a bit sickly/cloying by the honey but not in an old-fashioned way - more like a crystal bowl filled with expensive potpourri - one doesn't push one's nose into the bowl but instead enjoys the way it scents the room it's in.

The drydown is more like the encore after a standing ovation. Wow! Oakmoss & incense made even more sultry by amber, patchouli and benzoin with vetiver and civet combining to provide the sharp & bitter jolt that pulls all of this together. Surely, not just anyone can wear this... I'll wait for a cold evening, though, and see if I can.

kastehelmi
kastehelmi

It's on the heavier side, kind of old-lady for me it reminds me of a bedroom in an old cabin mansion in which an upper-class woman once lived.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

This is very sexy when it has a chance to dry down; I didn't really like it at first. If you enjoy fragrances like Fendi, then this is one to try.