Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Noir Exquis L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men

Noir Exquis L`Artisan Parfumeur for women and men
dislike

coffee

Noir Exquis by L`Artisan Parfumeur is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Noir Exquis was launched in 2015. The nose behind this fragrance is Bertrand Duchaufour. Top notes are chestnut and orange; middle notes are orange blossom, coffee and maple sap; base notes are ebony, heliotrope, vanilla, tonka bean and sandalwood.

Chestnut Orange

Orange Blossom Coffee Maple sap

Ebony Heliotrope Vanilla Tonka Bean Sandalwood

Noir Exquis Fragrance Reviews

gedlive
gedlive

This for me is the best gourmadise!
If you ever tried Angel Man fragrances, this is like it, done with greater quality notes.
This is such a delicious warm comfort scent. The chesnuts and the woody notes blend so well, it smells like a nutty aromatic tree, the coffee and maple sap, vanilla, go so well with the theme of the fragrance, enjoying a nutty cake at a cafe in France, sipping coffee.
A touch of orange blosom and orange freshen this rich fragrance.
I like it that it is not sweet, just a bit. The notes and blending make this a delicious comfort scent without having to add any sugary sweetness.

God bless. John 3:16

matty64
matty64

Yes, I love this fragrance also. I spray it on before I go to sleep at night, sweet dreams.

Fabulous Janice
Fabulous Janice

This is a lovely composition, however it's to manly for me. I understand it's unisex, but I feel it is more for a man. I blind bought this. Lucky enough after deciding it's not for me, my cousins birthday is coming. Back in the box it went, and into a birthday bag. I'm sure he will love it! Xox

Drbasem
Drbasem

Guys I gotta tell you. This thing stayed on my arm for 12 hours now anf still going! With some sillage whifting still! The only others I had such a strong staying power with are the exceptions of Interlude Man and Eau Sauvage Parfum and montale Intense Cafe. I'm really pleasantly surprised.
Scent-wise it's intriguing. Not really outstanding but still special enough. Specially when u smell it in the air not up close.
The drydown is basically smokey vanilla with some woods.

At an earlier stage I got that strong similarity to Eau De Baux.

Great stuff overall. More cold weather like.

corkscrewcurly
corkscrewcurly

A very quick review which will require updating, but I needed to write down my initial reaction.

I received this today (bought blind as usual), am wearing it now and I LOVE it. I have yet to find a Bertrand Duchaufour fragrance which I don't at least like.

It reminds me of something and I am racking my brains to remember what it is... It is one of the Arabic perfumes I own, but I can't remember which one. This is driving me mad.

I am certain I smell a light oud or incense in the drydown,although it may be the interaction of some of the notes.

Projection is moderate. I suspect that the longevity is going to be very long lasting on clothing (less so on skin, but my skin sucks up perfume, so I never use this as a fair reflection on a fragrance).

Singabera
Singabera

That is very warm and comforting scent. Beginning is a bit chemical, not the best one... But heart is very good, reminds a looot of By the Fireplace Margiela, due to chestnuts I assume.

Buysblind
Buysblind

This is now my favorite release by L'Artisan, and definitely the best thing they've done recently. You're going to get a lot of vanilla and sweet tonka bean in this one, a kind of rich, undoubtedly buttery vanilla but it's accented by many nice and interesting gourmand nuances so that it never gets boring. I wasn't sure how roasted chestnuts would translate here but they smell great, with their own unique flavor. They match up well with the coffee note, continuing a sort of roasted/toasted quality that runs throughout the scent. This roasted side of the fragrance is nicely balanced with the sweet side, so it doesn't become cloying or sickly sweet. Maple syrup leaves a bit of a crystallized burnt sugar impression, and finally there's a nice solid woody structure in the base. I guess it could be described as sandalwood, or maybe cashmeran wood, a sort of dry but solid backbone for the base. If you like New Haarlem but always wished it wasn't as big and sloppy and in your face as it is, this is a great option. If you're looking for a gourmand that has some nice nutty and woody characteristics to it as well this is also a good choice. It reminds me most of Aoud Vanille by Mancera, however Aoud Vanille is drier and lacks the quirky little detail of Noir Exquis. Thumbs up for sure. This was a pleasant surprise that almost slipped by me, and it probably deserves more attention than it's received.

redskyatnight
redskyatnight

Perfectly done. Vanilla, wood, chestnut, touch of sweet, touch of powder, subliminal but influential florals. Excellent longevity with a subtle trail. Noir Exquis is warm and dry for a chilly, wet day or night. It's about as perfect as you can get for a fall scent without being a pumpkin spice latte itself.

fighter
fighter

Basically Noir Exquis is a smoky vanilla scent with an important woodsy drydown.

Top and middle notes are in-between gourmand vanilla and leather tobacco vibe. But by the time the fragrance dries on the skin it develops in a very strong woodsy base. It's the black ebony note that in the end is all that remains and that's the reason why I don't love this fragrance. It stars almost gourmand and it ends masculine.

This fragrance smells like a blonde beautiful woman wearing a black leather motorcycle outfit. :)

little parrot
little parrot

It's a wonderful dry oriental, smoky warm woody fragrance.
A bit vanilla (I was expecting/hoping more of it) in the opening but this fades quickly.
I smell the bitter coffebeans, not coffee - and later the orange blossom and the smoky, woody (ebony) tones and tonkabean.
For me it's not gourmand and foody at all!
Very special fragrance, one of a kind (Duchafour!), special for if you like a warm fragrance for winter and being not a lover of too sweet, gourmand ones.
I bought this one in the transparent bottle before the repackage in the black bottle starts.....

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

VERY sweet, burnt caramel opening notes that slowly fade towards a dry down with a bit of a woody base with occasional whiffs of something like incense. Not my cup of tea, but it is a lovely vanilla-caramel fragrance.

Madalina Buleandra
Madalina Buleandra

It's a gorgeous nutty and woody fragrance, although it's considered to be a subtle gourmand one. The usage of a chestnut note is quite impressive, while the middle phase is considerably enthralling due to the combination maple syrup-coffee . It's a very pleasant and comforting warm spicy fragrance with great longevity, perfect for fall/cold winter days.

Happyme2009
Happyme2009

After wanting this, based on notes, for a million years, I finally ordered it. And It was far away from love.... not at all. It isn't feminine at all.... so if anyone wants a brand new, boxed, 100 ml edp bottle, pm me an offer. I don't know where some people smell roasted chestnuts.... I smell oud (??? ), ambre, musk, dark woods, some tonka... nothing sweet or feminine. I cannot believe I actually dislike it....
Edit : I tired again on a crisp fall day. This is very temperamental ! Today I could actually sniff the hazelnuts and the the sickly oud disappeared ! It is much better , much smoother, no more oud, but still rather masculine and not a true gourmand.

Q.R. Crumm
Q.R. Crumm

I like this very much.

Roasted chestnut, coffee, a touch of maple syrup and a little vanilla.

It's not quite as strong longevity and sillage wise as I would like, it does not work as well as L'eau d'Ambre Extreme for instance. But great effort on the actual composition.

NE steps a little into gourmand territory, but no single food in particular comes to mind, it is more like the beautiful aroma from a good coffee shop or patisserie.

Very nice.

If you are thinking of buying/ trying this then the time of year is now. This is a perfect scent for Autumn and Winter.

MrsPress
MrsPress

I wanted to like this, but I do not. I'm not sure what it is in this that overwhelmed everything else and turned into the smell of rubbing alcohol on my skin, I think it is the maple sap, but I'm uncertain. I need to stop blind buying, but I never seem to learn my lesson.

ArianeArborene'sNose
ArianeArborene'sNose

I really like this scent. I had been looking for a scent with tonka bean, coffee and tobacco. I decided to try this even though it did not include tobacco, and it had enough tonka bean and coffee and vanilla to emit an extremely pleasant aurora of scent for the first half of the day. I could still smell it on my skin at end of day if I put my nose to my skin, but the important thing is that while it doesn't project much, I was still aware it was in the air slightly. It's a bit more delicate than I would want, but for what it is, it is gorgeous and subtle. A very nice example of this kind of scent.

Mona-Jo
Mona-Jo

First off it smelled like NYFA. But so much smoother and better quality ingredients. This only lasted a few minutes. Then it started to smell like MOAT. A smokey Myrrhe smell. Love it.

mhobba
mhobba

The perfect gourmand fragrance for anyone who would rather not smell of crème brûlée or chocolate pudding. Noir Exquis possesses an almost savoury character. Shavings of ebony and sandalwood, toasted chestnuts, almond-like heliotrope and rich brewed coffee dominate, but it's the subtly carnal combination of sweet maple syrup, vanilla and orange blossom that give this scent life.

The fragrance lasts an exceptionally long time on skin compared to other L'Artisan fragrances I've tried and owned, and projects ideally for wear in the Australian autumn. I feel this is could be comfortably be worn by any gender. Lovers of nutty scents will certainly appreciate.

drlaurel
drlaurel

This has some similarities to onde sensualle in the opening, I might even like this better, though I love the former. They are similar here and the smoke that permeates it. Something I cna't put a finger on but I am intrigued by it. I love the opening warm and unsweet gourmandy vibe and you can get nuts and heliotrope. The projection is excellent as is longevity as I was still catching whiffs of my wrist the next morning, which were beautiful. By that time it had lost a brief but strange moment in the dry down where the smoke turned into a note u can only describe as burning tire, it has to be the coffee note everybody else gets. I will try again because it is a beauty minus this fleeting moment of what? On the clothes this is completely absent. Will also try on the hubby to see if it's just me.

shushkin
shushkin

Its a nice fragrance. Predominantly nutty and woody. It has sweetness like Bond I love New York for All but it has the ebony note which sends it in another direction. I get lots of sweet chestnut, ebony, tonka and vanilla. There is a similarity with Armani Myrhh on the dry down. Its definitely a unisex fragrance. Low sillage and good longevity

pchmad
pchmad

sweet??? wram spicy??? vanilla????? were are they????? I just smell wood and nuts and... Nop... NOT FOR ME AT ALL, so strong!! I won't say it is gourmande.... and neather for women...Is very masculine in my opinion...and I don't even like it for my boyfriend

Chicago Tony T
Chicago Tony T

This is one of the longer lasting L'Artisan scents that I have come across after sampling tons. This and Ambre Extreme are the 2 best as far as longevity. Noir Exquis easily lasts 6-8 hours with moderate sillage. Not a true gourmand but somewhat of a light or mild gourmand such as Aomassai. No they don't smell the same but would be in the same category. I also find it a bit dry and dark maybe due to the ebony wood overpowering the sandalwood in the dry down? If you are looking for an everyday gourmand scent for the colder temps then this is worthy.

nero77
nero77

Vanilla & Chestnut...

I think this is a fragrance which will appeal to a broad range of people. That's because it's not really gourmand enough to turn people away, and it has just enough gourmand notes in it to attract people.

I say this because the way Bertrand Duchaufour has used the ingredients, they don't feel overwhelming or sweet in any way. In fact it's quite subtle. I get a mix of tonka bean, heliotrope and vanilla, then the sandalwood and ebony wood. So it's a mix of vanilla and woods basically, which isn't particularly original, but I do get the chestnut note, which I think is.

I love the smell of chestnut as it reminds me of Christmas time, and this fragrance brings that back for me. It reminds me of food, so I guess you could call it a gourmand, but at the same time it has enough woodiness that it's very tame and versatile. A fragrance for both formal and casual wear. I really enjoy this one, and once again I am impressed with yet another brilliant creation from this house and perfumer. Quite good in my opinion.

Jrmcquill
Jrmcquill

This appears to be another in the long line of spicy/woodsy masculine gourmands. Nothing wrong, or out of place here, just nothing new brought to the table. One unique quality is it’s persistent sharpness. Not at all piercing or unavoidable, but there nonetheless, and I find this appealing. Thumb neutral on this one.

LeonieB
LeonieB

The definition of "gourmand" - a perfume for when what you really want is pudding! A creme brûlée, or noisette praline or chocolate orange cream, indulgent and rich - something for the colder months (avoid in the summer unless you want to smell like melted ice-cream). It's cosy, comforting and warm, but has an edge.

All the slightly bitter or vegetal notes listed are evident - but I don't really get the coffee! My anosmic daughter does however, how weird. The use of orange reminds me of Theorema by Fendi, and the vanilla is straight out of Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise. The nuttiness I can't account for, wish I could, and the sandalwood is straightforward and unchallenging. No smoke, spice, skank or oud.

I find it altogether much more accessible than the other L'Artisan scents, but that's just me. Also, the projection and sticking power are better than usual - so make sure you like it!

miletas89
miletas89

Very pleasant, non-offensive vanillaic fragrance with a hint of green sharpness. Although it does not smell particularly like chestnuts to me, you get a sense of the texture of a roasted chestnut: warm and a very chestnut-like softness. Not very "noir." In the daytime if sprayed sparingly, can be taken for a light and green daytime scent.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I got a sample of this as part of a 'buy 5 get 5 free' promotion. The 5 free samples were chosen by the company, an oriental vanilla fragrance would be the last thing I'd pick for myself. But even though I hate vanilla (and almost all of the other notes in this) I still have to give it a like because it's well done. It's worth a try for anyone who likes this type of fragrance. The longevity is amazing on me, I'm still getting strong whiffs of it 9 hours and one shower later. I wish I could say that for the L'Artisan fragrances that I do love!

DHIguy99
DHIguy99

I like this juice a lot. I blind bought it hoping it would be something amazing. Judging by the notes and perfumer this was bound to be good. Boy was I right. This is quite linear on me. I get the roasted chestnuts vibe totally. It's a little smoky but nothing too offensive. It's something that you can wear dresses up or down. A gourmand that is kinda out of the box but looking in. I haven't really smelled anything like it before. Great longevity with moderate projection. If you are looking for a gourmand that isn't too sweet then I think this might be the fragrance for you.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

weaselize: You said:
This one ended my curiousity and further exploration to the l'artisan line.

Well, MY curiosity with the L'Artisan line ended with Dzongkha. Glad to see I'm not alone in my disappointment with L'Artisan.

jeffwithfrags

Another Gourmand using attractive and really pleasurable notes - with the ubiquitous Orange top.

Burnt dessert vibes mixed with sweet vanilla. Not honeyed, spicy sweetness, simple vanillic sweetness here.

But the use of the topnotes is simply boring and there's no escaping the fact orange note is distinctive and associations with a million other scents, especially the orange-gourmands will be made.

Why not use something different, like apricot or peaches?

My rating: 4/10.
Quality: 8/10.

weaselize
weaselize

This one ended my curiousity and further exploration to the l'artisan line.
Once again a boring fragrance, very boring.
This is a subtle nutty/vanilla/honey/ coffee drink. It has this touch of plasticine smell which i dislike in a fragrance. Longevity ok, projection weak.
I don,t find anything "artisinal" to this. Nothing unique, nothing special. Just boring.
Once they made special scents in their beginning during the 80s maybe 90s but now it,s like they keep copying and tweaking former scents of their lineup and call it a new release. I will get one bottle though from the men,s line Fou d'absinthe.
This one, i would not call it "magnificent black" but rather "just grey/brown". not really worth the effort

Steleale
Steleale

I am a gourmand lover, but this one made me disappointed because it isn' t what I'm expecting.

tinyhedgehog
tinyhedgehog

On me this smells like roasted bananas, rum and vanilla, layered over warm wood. In other words, it's definitely a gourmand, but it's not cloying - it's warm and comforting, perfect for fall and winter. I wasn't expecting to like it, since this is not really the type of perfume I usually wear, but I loved it. I find myself fascinated by the way it evolves, every stage of the process smells absolutely wonderful on me. The dry-down is slightly smoky, warm and sweet, with a hint of spice. A lovely, cosy-yet-flattering sweater of a perfume.

I would rate the projection as weak-to-moderate, but that doesn't mean much as for some reasons most perfumes sit very close to the skin on me. Excellent longevity though.

lilalina
lilalina

Starts very synthetic, alot of Super Iso E and sandalwood, strong and masculine. It softens out a bit and gets more "gourmand" after a while, still I'm very disappointed. Not at all what I expected from L'Artisan.

damfino
damfino

This perfume literally left me in awe.
It starts with a wonderful bouquet of chestnut, coffee, maple sap, vanilla, orange.. This was the first fragrance (I'm still an amateur) where I could pick a coffee note. Unfortunately this firework of notes does not last long, 10-15min. Then it turns into sweet and thick layer of.. I would call it coconut. Cheap, overused smell of coconut. Most likely it's maple/vanilla/sandalwood mix? Eventually it fades into less offensive vanilla with a light and refreshing hint of florals.
In the morning (I applied the perfume late evening) I could not recognize the smell - it was sharp and pretty, masculine aroma. Sandalwood/ebony with some heliotrope?
I'm not sure I like the *coconut* part but overall the quality, sillage and longevity is great. The projection is an interesting ride for a perfume lover, it doesn't get boring.

jeffwithfrags

Urgh, nooo; orange. Yet again, orange!

The perfect notes, the perfect Parfumier, yet Paco rabanne 1million's influence still lurks.

Not even bothered. Pass.

This is a quite a unique winter scent!!! Kind of like a roasted chestnuts vibe.
The notes are delightful, bright, sweet, the heliotrope is very present, the heart of the scent is where I have a bit of trouble, the maple mixed with coffee gives it a bit of a weird edge, but then it opens up, gets a bit more smoky in the drydown...it lingers nicely on the skin, with an aura of sweet and woodsy undertone..very high quality perfume,the ingredients are all so strong and authentic...It isn't what I usually like to wear, it has a foody vibe too, I will revisit in winter, for now, I find it too unisex for my taste .. A bit out of my league, but interesting .
The base smells very much like Dior addict, but the top notes have that foody undertone..

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Artisan Parfumeur Noir Exquis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Noir Exquis by L`Artisan Parfumeur. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Noir Exquis by L`Artisan Parfumeur represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.