Designers » L » Oriental « Groups

Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men

Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men
dislike

smoky
Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men Pictures Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men Pictures Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men Pictures Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men Pictures Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men Pictures Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men Pictures Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men Pictures Myrrhae L`Erbolario for women and men Pictures

Myrrhae by L`Erbolario is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. Top notes are benzoin, ginger and clary sage; middle notes are incense, myrhh, vanilla and iris; base notes are cashmere wood, amber and white musk.

Benzoin Ginger Clary Sage

Simply magic..ritual..spiritual..

Johnnyhelvete
Johnnyhelvete

meditative and comforting.
sweet with a little bit of smoke.
i spray this before bed, for total relaxation and good vibes.

framorena
framorena

Fumerie by Harris, more concentrated and with more sillage, at the price of 20 euros for 50ml.
It comes with a body butter with tons of golden powder.
Highly raccomended

FabulouslyLazy
FabulouslyLazy

You have to be into "church perfumes" to enjoy Myrrhae because incense and myrrh here are strong from the beginning to the end...and this one is long-lasting. It does have some similarities with Sandalwood by the same house and I don't know you, but personally I get some kind of talc feeling in the background too. Perfectly unisex, but too deeply balsamic and incens-ish for my tastes, that's why I wouldn't wear it a second time. But still, I recognize the quality of the scent - great value for the money you pay.

alit
alit

Dark, dirty and smoky, very thick myrrh scent. I'm afraid it is a little too much for my taste, although I like myrrh in perfumes. But a good and expensive smelling frag for sure. And certainly unisex (although I saw it in the women's section of L'Erbolario)

nigelreid77
nigelreid77

I like L'Erbolario as a brand, I love the idea behind it. Seemingly, single note scents at a very low price. This was the best one I could select in the store and I find it unwearable. Like being in an old church when incense is burning. It's so singular in its scent that all I can get is the myrrh or frankincense. Pretty hard to see where you could wear this and it just sits on the shelf nowadays.

Midnight00
Midnight00

A very spiritual scent with a very staying power.. Made for dark and ritual souls..Love it! Love the fact it's all natural!

deadidol
deadidol

A sketchy blend of semi-sweet, woody notes, anonymous resins (quite a bit of frankincense and labdanum although not much myrrh), and a massive dollop of what smells like industrial civet. The civet is cranked high and renders the scent awkwardly dry, pushing it into twig-like territories. This isn't a bad move as it underscores the earthy nature of the resins, but it renders the scent more acrid than rich. The standard-fare clatter of cold pine aldehyde is there, but it’s tucked away and the civet serves to create a distraction of sorts. While these notes do blend together, I wouldn’t say the result is appealing — Myrhhae is quite severe, dry, and dirty at first. Over time, the dryer materials dissipate, but what lingers is a mawkish woody amber that’s neither unique nor particularly pleasant. Although myrrh is surprisingly tricky to get right as a featured note in perfume, Myrrhae’s problem is that the myrrh isn’t featured enough — the scent is more of a wide-sweeping, generalized resin bomb, but it’s not a great one at all as it relies too much on predictable incense tricks. Dirty, dry, scratchy, with animalic and mop bucket-esque components, the price is great, but tread with caution if it’s myrrh you’re after as this smells more like musky floor cleaner than any myrrh I’ve ever smelled.

INGER KERÄNEN
INGER KERÄNEN

It is anobody in this forum, where I can buy this beutifull scent? And also others with myrrh and fransiscense. I living in Finland. Thank You very much.

I'm not crazy about L'Erbolario's Myrrhae but I'm surely impressed but their honesty and the quality / price ratio. Myrrhae is a very simple and straight forward oriental which shares some aspects with both Comme Des Garçons 2 Man and Gucci Pour Homme I (basically the same incense accord) to which they added a substantial dose of sweet myrrh and an hyper dusty vibe. Very resinous, bold and…sweet. A bitt too much to my tastes but if you like the main players and can deal with it's sweetness, this is a nice bang for the bucks.

Rating: 6.5/10

mary1
mary1

Si,mi piace anche se è un po' troppo secco x i miei gusti........un tocco di ambra o vaniglia e sarebbe stato perfetto,ma comunque un bel profumo sicuramente x chi ama l'incenso. Consiglio anche la crema illuminante x il corpo,profuma la pelle x molte ore...ottimi entrambi.

Gwizz
Gwizz

Spiritual rather than liturgical, L'Erbolario Myrrhae distinguishes itself amongst an ever burgeoning field of incense fragrances by relying on a true blend of myrrh and frankincense. I disagree that this is particularly frankincense heavy, like Avignon or Sahara Noir, which take us straight into the church. I also burn resin incense on charcoal in my home and to my nose this scent, as the name implies, utilises a significant dose of myrrh, with frankincense wonderfully blended in to create the 'Myrrhae' accord we have here. It also utilises a noticeable clary sage note to assist in keeping this more a contemplative, resinous, 'outdoor' scent, rather than a smoky church-bound offering. Although not listed in the notes, there is to my nose also a sweetish kind of vanillin/honey accord that makes this slightly sweet, which also sets it apart from many other incense frags that are sharper and more strictly incense focused. Perhaps this accord is reached with the help of some ginger, which isn't identifiable as a specific note to me, but may be lending itself to this slight sweet dimension? Myrrhae is quite a light, ethereal scent, which is comforting, warm and very relaxing to wear. L'Erbolario use predominantly natural raw materials, which I believe lends very good longevity to their fragrances and keeps things very comfortable and elegant. I have two fragrances from this house, the other being Sandalo, and I truly believe that both scents do a great job of creating their own unique territory amongst two well explored themes, incense and sandalwood. I highly recommend both!

Vehrkalia

Someone knows if Myrrhae is in anyway similar to Cobra by Al Rehab?
because I'm gonna blind buy Cobra but I don't want to risk to buy a copy...!

Vehrkalia

Well, in Italy people have a strange relationship with incense. If Erbolario called the frag Incense instead of Myrrhae I doubt that people could buy it maybe that's why we feel a lot of incense. :p
Anyway I detect some myrrh. I really like this frag. Tested on a stick, unfortunatly. Someone could tell me how do the frag evolve on skin?

Deetron
Deetron

It’s really very nice incense scent from L`Erbolario! Dark, mystic scent, beautifully done.
I agree with Jillmcshaw1 below, that there is similarity with Tom Ford Sahara Noir.
Both are very interesting and captivating – they are smoky and heavy on incense note. I think Myrrhae is more complex, because on my skin I can smell some sweet vibes with some semi-spicy and fresh/herbal notes at the background… Tom Ford Sahara Noir is truly an authentic incense perfume that will take you into a church in the moment you spray… Myrrhae is similar, but softer on the frankincense note and a little bit sweeter than Sahara Noir.
I think Myrrhae easily could be a niche scent and on my skin it has very good longevity – more than 7 hours with good silage.
The more L`Erbolario perfumes I’m testing, the more love I get to the brand!
Myrrhae is another example that incense note could be far more than a “church” note…Great job from L`Erbolario. But if you are not into smoky and incense scents – you’d better stay away.

anna.dkr5

@dolcethadon: I completely agree with you. It smells like frankincense.

dolcethadon
dolcethadon

I burn frankincense & myrrh resin, oils, and have been for years.. So I am very familiar with incense.. Incense fragrances are my favorite of all.. I love the smell of this but I do not quite understand why the name Myrrhae? Please tell me if I am wrong but I do not smell myrrh? When I smell this fragrance all I smell is loads of frankincense! I was expecting myrrh and got frankincense? Anyone?

zakalkwe
zakalkwe

IMHO it is a very dry incense-myrhh scent, definitely unisex.

Jillmcshaw1
Jillmcshaw1

A very nicely done incense fragrance. It is quite dry smelling like Sahara Noir. The myrrh is sharp and strong then blends into the other incense notes. On my skin this did not wear very long about 2hrs and then I really had to sniff my arm.

Medea12
Medea12

This is NOT your ordinary perfume...

Myrrhae is one DARK BEWITCHING scent which envelopes the soul and body with pure mystery, spiritism and purification. Definitely best for those in the Wiccan path as it will fill them with powerful energy for rituals and meditation. I could say more about this perfume but Ill leave it to the 'witch at heart' to figure it out...:)

For anyone who thinks Myrrhae is too 'incense'y' or tarry, try layering it with L'Erbolario's Vaniglia and Ginger. Do some 'alchemy' of your own and you'll be amazed what you can do with L'Erbolario's natural free from synthetics perfumes!!!

migjurado
migjurado

One of the best straightforward incenses of the market. It looks like a niche offer. It is churchy for me, but different to Avignon, Zagorsk or Full Incense. It is incense plus myrrhe and vanille. I am very impressed.

5354alice
5354alice

Mmm...I don't love this so much, in my taste there is too much incense, I'd like it better if there were some vanilla, if it was sweeter.

ssherices
ssherices

I would love to have a bottle of this, if anyone has one for swap please PM me.

Jazzy76
Jazzy76

I love it! I like very much the incense notes

anna.dkr5

The first thing I smelled upon spraying it on the tester strip was the sweet incense. It didn't seem to change a lot after that, but I might decide to sample it again in the future. It didn't seem bad at all. I've already got a fragrance with incense and aoud (CDG Wonderwood), so I'll finish that before I buy this one (or a different one containing incense). Right now, I'm much happier with Meharees.

fgallarini
fgallarini

good strong incense smell. However, it does not last long and it is a bit too sweet for my taste. Although it is sold as a unisex perfume, I think it appeals more to women.

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

Resinous, deep and spritual.

Myrrh is perfectly strong and a little tarry and the addition of incense sweetens the composition, although perhaps a little too sweet for me as this sits rather heavily on my skin and starts to become rather cloying. It (incense) drowns out the ginger and clary sage which I wish were more prominent to give more lift to the myrrh.

The fragrance is not overly sweet--I just prefer my scents to be on the drier side. This could be good layered with a citrus scent though as it's rich and of notable quality.

sistertricked
sistertricked

I saw the notes and was curious as to how it smelled. Well, I am impressed, it seems to be a work of art, an oriental fragrance to its best, mysterious and deep, yes there is incense and yes there is myrhh, and ginger, at least I do recognize them, but the fragrance is not heavy at all, on the contrary it is thin and cosmopolitan but deep and dark. I consider it an example of niche perfumery, as it is indeed a very particular smell.

guest_moi
guest_moi

Powdery, vanillic oriental with an incense note that it's too metallic. Creamy, comforting scent that doesn't give me a headache, which incense fragrances often do, sadly. Definitely old-fashioned, nostalgic scent coming from a different era. Reminds me a bit of L'occitane's d'Iparie, but simpler and sweeter.

I'm not a fan of L'Erbolario. I actually loathe most of their scents.
This one is heavy and thick not much layered, still is one of the best and very suitable for deep orientals lovers.
It's loaded with incense and pungent myrrhae. I like myrrhae better when not so sharp. They also make a body oils which actually smells smoother than EDT.
Try before you buy.

F_A
F_A

Do you love incenses and myrhh? Then it's a fragrance for you. This is a perfect mono scent of Myrhh - dark, overwhelming, mysterious and smokey, just like the one you can smell in churches. As the producer says, this fragrance creates the sacred atmosphere which accompanies the search for spirituality and prepares us for the meeting with our inner self.
Myrrhae is a rich fragrance with the amazing staying power for a very good price. A must try!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Erbolario Myrrhae fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Erbolario Myrrhae, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Myrrhae by L`Erbolario. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Myrrhae by L`Erbolario represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.