Designers » L » « Groups

Terre de Lumiere L`Occitane en Provence for women
dislike

almond
honey
Terre de Lumiere L`Occitane en Provence for women Videos Terre de Lumiere L`Occitane en Provence for women Videos
Terre de Lumiere L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures Terre de Lumiere L`Occitane en Provence for women Pictures

As the day draws to a close, the sky is set alight, embracing all the shades of gold. Beauty is suspended in time as this stunning spectacle reaches its height. This is the golden hour.

Meaning "land of light", L'OCCITANE's new eau de parfum is inspired by the special time of day in Provence known as the Golden Hour... A short moment at dusk as the sun falls and the sky fills with golden and purple light. The air is filled with the most fragrant Provençal scents. The first gourmand aromatic fragrance by L’Occitane, Terre de Lumière embodies the contrast between the aromatic freshness and the soft warmth of this magical moment.

Zesty and aromatic at first, it consists primarily of edible "notes" such as honey and almond. This eau de parfum is warm and enveloping, perfect for lovers of rich and sweet fragrances.

The first gourmand aromatic fragrance by L’Occitane, Terre de Lumière Eau de Parfum is both fresh and warm, consisting primarily of edible "notes" such as honey and almond. Zesty and aromatic at first, the fragrance melts into an unexpectedly sweet heart of lavender honey, like a dessert for the senses, before settling into sensual balsamic and musky base notes.

The sparkling aromas of the top notes are reminiscent of the first sensations awakened during a walk in Provence. The fresh bursts, like a light breeze are followed by a moment of warmth, like the golden hour of a Provencal sunset, the soothing power of sunlight on the skin. This addictive Eau de Parfum is warm and enveloping, perfect for lovers of rich and sweet fragrances. Terre de Lumiere was launched in 2017. Terre de Lumiere was created by Calice Becker, Shyamala Maisondieu and Nadège Legarlantezec.

Bergamot Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Pink Pepper

Honey Lavender

Musk Acácia Bitter Almond Tonka Bean

Alchimie
Place Vendôme

Terre de Lumiere Fragrance Reviews

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

The opening is sunny, airy, white floral, warm and opulent but not overwhelming. Soon things change though. The mixture becomes sweet, loud and heavy - but still it remains really elegant. Eventually, after about half an hour, the real nature of the scent comes out - the strong honey note that says it all - it's a younger sister of Armani Code Pour Femme - only slightly softer. Beautiful, warm and rich - but if you dislike Armani Code - BEWARE!!!:-O

matty64
matty64

To my nose this is similar with Coco Mademoiselle EDT, minus the signature powdery essence that is apparent in almost all CHANEL fragrances. Just my observation.

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

i get honey and pink pepper at first. this scent is very familiar from the get-go. i think i smell it or something similar on the streets quite a bit. moments later i get some florals and hint of smokiness-i think it's the acacia, and maybe tonka? with time passing, the scent is deepening and warming up even more, the honey becoming less sweet but still prominent. the drydown is very pretty. it's a honeyed, sensuous tonka. i think it's perfect for fall or winter.

FairyDuff
FairyDuff

Having sampled this today on a paper strip, I will go back again soon and test some on my skin.
It is a warm glowing honey that lasts. Forget sticky or lolly-sweet, this instead is richness and creaminess. The almond blends beautifully to lose itself in harmonization with the honey.
I don't get the many comparisons on this page with other scents, especially the heavier floral-rich fragrances. I do get that this is one of LOEP's more well-rounded blends. It's got 'body' - in comparison with some of the lighter floral offerings I've sampled from this brand, so I was pleasantly surprised.

AlexGargoyl
AlexGargoyl

A lovely scent for daywear, very feminine and soothing. The start is fresh-aromatic which reminds me of Eau Parfumee au The Rouge by Bvlgari, even though that one has completely different notes, something sweet and herbal in the same time. After a while it becomes a bit sweeter as I was hoping, but the honey is definitely toned down by the citruses and the lavender. I can't pick up any almonds. Definitely a end-of-spring and summer scent, much too breezy for the colder seasons. I have still to test the persistence.

socorrosouza
socorrosouza

I don't find Manifesto cloying at all, sweet yes, but cloying, definitely no. On my skin Manifesto is one lovely perfume , classy, sweet , an independent, womanly scent for women who know what they want and when they want, and a very seductive aroma for seduction and erotic encounters. For colder months and nights, especially.

Jmalone84
Jmalone84

Disagree with previous. Not Mon Guerlain, but perhaps Armani Code or a dozen other cheap fragrances on the market. Nothing unique here. It's quite pleasant but not ground breaking. Typical honey fragrance. Some sweetness, dryness and a touch of lavender. Decent projection, nothing to write home about as they say.

Upon getting to know this fragrance I can say definitively that the projection is the most impressive of the L'Occitane range. But it smells uncannily like YSL Manifesto. As such it is cloying and very like many other fragrances. I'll pass on this one.

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

Or I am losing my sense of smell, or the perfume houses cheat the costumer more and more blatantly.

I am tempted to believe that this is a cheap clone of Mon Guerlain (and Mon Guerlain smelled cheap already). The same irking, dadaist,alcoholic, fleeting top note, the same sweet random potentially headache inducing background. A faint, new-age, generic, air-fresherner-like lavender note, another ultra-sweet base note, and a mess of sinthetic, boring, surly smells. It comes in a bottle that seems taken from a catalogue of Avon or Oriflame. And it costs about 80 €: almost a niche perfume.

L'Occitane: another forme beautiful house that has surrender to the dark side.

virga
virga

Sale assistant described Terre de Lumiere as “lavender honey”, and it was very accurate. The most intense notes for the first few hours were lavender and honey: quite interesting mix of intense radiant sweetness and calming soapy freshness. After four hours almond, tonka bean and musk takes a lead, the composition becomes more powdery, calm and rounded. The silage is huge and the longevity is very good also. It definitely has some similarities with Mon Guerlain, but Terre de Lumiere has more character, its bolder, less polished, more sparkling and vivid.

epicurean
epicurean

This could have been a success for me had the honey note been dialled down a notch. The combination of almond and lavender is really quite unusual in a mainstream perfume marketed towards women, and it held my interest when I sampled it. As it is, it's just a bit too sweet for me, and I can see where others are coming from with the Mon Guerlain comparison, but it's well worth a try.

Suzybee
Suzybee

L'Occitane sent me a promo sample with special offers the other day. At first sniff, I was reminded of Elizabeth Arden Untold and my face wrinkled of puzzlement. Whaat? This is so unlike L'Occitane and it threw me for a loop. But as it settled, I began to smell something a little bit different. Citrus, fruit, and light amber (perhaps it's the honey?).

I find myself smelling the inside of my arm a little more and trying to detect what else I like about this fragrance. The sample card still smells like Untold but my arm smells nice. Perhaps, it's the Orange Blossom body cream I put on, earlier, after my shower? It's pleasant but I'm still on the fence if I like it or not.

4BadBirds
4BadBirds

I am very picky about scents and can't wear 99% of contemporary perfumes. I have a lot of allergies (unfortunate for a perfume lover), most new perfumes give me a splitting headache or make me nauseous to the point I have to shower to get if off. I think it is the synthetic ingredients.
I got a sample of this and I actually love it. I find it very wearable, not overpowering. My vanity area has doors on it, when I opened them later in the day when the newly sprayed vial was sitting there, it smelled a lot like vintage Caron Aimez Moi, which I love.

BloomPerfume
BloomPerfume

Sweet extreeme, luckily it doesn't last very long.

Like Aunt Ann's visit, she hugs you, envelops with her sweet granny perfume, pinches your cheeck, asks how's school and leaves you for good with a lolly.

You try to play ninja for the rest of her visit...

PurpleIris49
PurpleIris49

I got a sample of this in the mail and was stunned that it doesn't contain Cedar and/ or Sandalwood as that is what I pick up until the musk in the base appears. It smells quite woodsy on me, and I find it to be very light; almost a skin scent, The citrus at the opening is prominent, but doesn't last long. Very pleasant, yet not my idea of a gourmand scent. I far prefer some of the older en Provence scents, but will give this a second try tomorrow and see if I feel differently,

aqua76239
aqua76239

OMG this really reminds me of something I smelled before. I can't quite put a finger on it but I have a memory of this elegant woman back in early 90s who was a bit older than mea and she smelled great. This fragrance reminded me of her-it starts out with some lighter golden citrus notes but very quickly it moves into honey and praline, and becomes sweet. Rather powdery sweet but I like it a lot.
After I thought about it for a while, I think there are some similarities to one of the drugstore fragrances. I think maybe Ici by Coty?
I been wearing it for only an hour but so far I really like it. It does have definite 90s vibe to me as its almost like a throwback to that era.

Papavero0
Papavero0

Is it a "bad" perfume? No, it's nice, a sweet honey syrup lavender. I like honey and I like lavender so I like both of them together, but I cannot help but think of a family resemblance to the likes of Dior Poison Girl, Lancome La Vie Est Belle, Flowerbomb, YSL's perfume in the black square bottle. It's not so much "in your face" like its relatives, but they do bare similarities. Allow me to shock you: I think it even strikes a similarity with the latest Mon Guerlain...Mon Guerlain is much more finely-combined, the notes are a better blend. I'm not criticising by any means, but I did have a big smile thinking that they're all heading the same path...

susieqrj
susieqrj

Sniffing the postcard I got from L'Occitane with a miserável sampleador, it smelled like Orange Blossom, like Fleur Cherie (also from L'Occitane), very solar, like Alien Extraordinaire......

I actually find Terre de Lumiere rather distinctive, it is a departure from the cute flowery fruity fresh scents so typical of L ' Occitane ...now I am not sure this will be a love for me, but it certainly smells nice...it has a warm fresh spicy top notes, almost earthy, it is quite aromatic too, with the honey lavender combo...it certainly isn't generic nor boring...it is a golden warm perfume, grown up, I think you need to give it time..it did remind me of a Sisley perfume, in the classy vibe.
My first impression is nice, it would bring diversity to my collection...as it really isn't cheap.
I can't smell anything remotely similar to Flowerbomb!? Which is a linear sugary scent.
I need to wear it a bit more to decide if it will suit my taste, for now, it smells a bit distant and cold to me.

reharohus
reharohus

I have loved many L'Occitan perfumes before:Notre Flore Cedar, Rose 4 Reines, Fleurs de Cerisier L`Eau. All those parfumes have been very different, but yet there is something uniting them. They have all been unique and different.

Terre de Lumiere does not have anything unique, it is very plain and boring. It certainly does not have any of the L'Occitane magic as the other perfumes.

On the good side: the longevity is very good. It opens up to base notes very quickly and stays on the skin for hours and hours.

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

The opening is citrusy, but changes quickly to syrupy almond vanilla (which is a returning trend), with a very clear balsamic edge.

It reminds me with dior poison girl edp, but just a little bit, and it's unfair to compare them together.

I like the brand, but couldn't find this one appealing.

Rux2589
Rux2589

I'm not a fan of gourmand scents, but today I decided to enter the store and try it anyway. Very strong. I went to the bathroom to wash it off as soon as I could, and the smell still persists.

A few hours later, it's finally starting to fade and now I realise how good this would be if it didn't have such a monstrous sillage.

Pretty nice overall if you're into gourmands, but please apply sparingly. Also, nothing about it is really new or unheard of, I'm hoping that the public will grow out of this trend any day now.

gugute
gugute

I tested it today and to my disappointment it smells somewhat similar to Le Reve Nirmala which was a big blind buy disappointment to me.
I was hoping this would smell fresh and different. It doesn't. It's very sweet (I wouldn't wear it in warm weather) and flat. Sadly, not to my taste at all :(

dr.astrov
dr.astrov

The opening for me is sharply almond and nutty with even some faint hints of coffee. Then comes the sweeter, floral drydown, although this is an elegant natural sweetness, nothing candy-like here. This has a Serge Lutens vibe (which is a definite plus) and although it's marketed towards women, I think as a man I could get away with wearing this quite easily, just as I do with some Lutens florals. I received a sample in store, but this might just find its way into my collection at some point, especially given L'Occitane's habit of discontinuing their lines. Longevity and sillage seem to be pretty good.

CharlotteRosa
CharlotteRosa

I tried this perfume in store yesterday. Admittedly I was partly swept up by the story- this is a fragrance based on the twilight hour in Provence, with gorgeous visuals drenched in golden sunlight.

The price point is high for L'Occitane, but for that you get elegant packaging and a fragrance that seems more high-end than I was expecting.

The top notes are bergamot, ambrette seed, and pink pepper. This starts you off with some citrus but it is warm rather than sour.

The heart notes are "lavender honey". This is what evokes the fields of Provence, and the perfume develops to become floral and a little sweet- but the honey element prevents it seeming powdery.

After a short while the base notes start to come through powerfully, with acacia flower, bitter almond, tonka bean, and white musk. This was the point when I fell in love with the fragrance- it has that soft, warm, cashmere sensation which makes me feel like it would work well for Autumn or Winter.

The fragrance lasts a fair few hours, and to my nose it was not until the end that it faded to more generic sweetness.

smellhunt
smellhunt

Terre de Lumiere is currently being promoted at duty free shops. Yesterday having an hour to 'kill' between flights and as I'm a devoted Fragrantica member, I decided to try new perfumes. This was the first I saw- couldn't miss it really, there were big stands all over the place- so I picked up a bottle and sprayed it straight on me(!?)
The first impression was of a fresh, citrusy-fruity, uplifting scent, so I sprayed some more and having no room left for another perfume, I went to get me some coffee.
After a while it started to slightly change to a more fruity-floral and while later it changed some more, as spices, woods and something that I perceived to be caramel started appearing more, transforming it to a fruity-gourmand.
At that point it became familiar, it reminded me of Flower Bomb, La vie est Belle, Jimmy Choo... but not as heavy, this is fresher and feels lighter- no complains from the fellow passengers, just a compliment from the woman sitting next to me- and with good longevity: I could still smell it until I showered almost 9 hours later.
I won't buy a bottle for me because I'm not into gourmands, but I believe it worth a try, this is a truly beautiful, pleasant perfume!!!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about L`Occitane en Provence Terre de Lumiere fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about L`Occitane en Provence Terre de Lumiere, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Terre de Lumiere by L`Occitane en Provence. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Terre de Lumiere by L`Occitane en Provence represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.