Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

dislike

oud
smoky
Black Oud LM Parfums for men Pictures

“To immerse into the heart of a forest tinged with black and white, dive in the most darkness to deliver this scent of Oud. It is such my wish to take you in the Indonesian depth. The subtlety of the scent of Oud, mixed with the gum of Cistus, wrapped in nutmeg, cumin and incense, this generous fragrance drives in its trail cedar, amber, and sandalwood enriched with a touch of musk” — press release of the brand. Black Oud was launched in 2012.

Nutmeg Cumin Incense

Hatkora Wood

Black Oud Fragrance Reviews

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

A spicy oud that doesn't overpower you. The oud is out front, but the incense and sandlewood provide a nice soft balance. If price is no object, it's a winner.

Lemon Lime
Lemon Lime

Black Oud is all about inspiration and passion. It reflects the perfumer's romantic effort to transform his imaginary conceptions into an olfactory challenge. Dark forests, murky passages, medieval strongholds, black wizards, magical orbs & enchanted amulets must have been key elements on his/her fanciful canvas.

Black Oud encompasses quite a few pungent (and often "hard" to tolerate) ingredients, like civet & cumin, but its delicate blending has proven otherwise. It opens up with a balmy boozy vibe & a touch of smoke that complement an extremely refined agarwood note, gently supported by cumin & mild spices. The resulting sensation is that of a breathtaking & captivating mysterious aura that redefines the term "black", often arbitrarily used in perfumery.

As time passes the woody elements become more prominent and so does the incense. Black Oud shifts further into the dark side becoming even smokier, drier & deeper as the unique aromatic facets of oud seem to culminate during the equally well blended drydown. The animalic vibe of civet & the persistent sweet & spicy undertones are tamed by the mild creamy woody aroma of sandalwood, creating overall a strong intoxicating dry resinous woody interpretation of an alluring dark masculine aromatic blend of utter sensuality.

A work of art.

kyloe
kyloe

Very pleasant scent, don't get mislead by civet and castoreum allegedly playing main roles here. These notes are obviously present but the scent is not as skanky as you would judge just by the notes, I'd say it's not skanky at all. It's sweet and spicy, very rich, little creamy by the animalic combo but also very wearable. Sophisticated and extremely well balanced.

Sillage is average, longevity very good. Ovrl 8.5/10

PurseJunkie
PurseJunkie

Sweet, spicy and strong, Black Oud comes out swinging. It’s a one-two punch of oud and sandalwood, while the incense bobs and weaves. It’s also quite animalic throughout, but I don’t have a clever boxing metaphor for that.

This is a perfume I wouldn’t mind having in my corner.

falah.alazmi.5
falah.alazmi.5

عطر قوي مثل بلاك افغانو لكن سعره مرتفع شوي لكن بمعرض الكويت كسرو الحاجز المركز الفرنسي الله يعطيهم العافيه نزلو السعر من 77 دينار الى 15 دينار
العطر رشيته قوي وماعجبني يمكن يعجب غيري
المكونات
مثل ماهو مذكور بالاعلى

smora
smora

Probably the nicest oud I have ever tried. A real dark, Oriental beauty... Spices, a touch of incense, sour oud, dark wood, animal excretes, warm amber. So dark, animalic, deep and beautiful. The smell of the Gothic dark forest in midnight and the the traveler under the black hood. A romantic darkness of the heart.
Unfortunately the projection is the big downside of this scent regarding the price. An extremely shy scent. Such a pity.

Scentrack: Hooverphonic - Mad About You

Rating: shy *****

TheEssence
TheEssence

This is an amazing oud fragrance. It has a sweetness to it that other ouds, like M7, do not have. I bought a very small sample unfortunatley I cannot afford to buy enough of this wonderful stuff. Be careful a little bit of this goes a long way, I can still smell it 12 hours later.

syedemad
syedemad

@scentilian what if I am getting this <= 110$? Is it good to have then?

scentilian
scentilian

I really like this one, but I would'nt pay 220$ for a bottle. I bought a 1 ml vial sample then later bought a 5 ml decant and those will be sufficient since this one can only be worn in cold weather should last me a bit. I love the incense smell in this one, sorta reminds me of full incense from the montale line.

enigmatic_jd
enigmatic_jd

So Many Mixed Reviews.
I'll Keep Mine Short And Sweet
Beautiful Dark, Sensual Oud Fragrance,
That On My Skin Sillage Is Massive & Longevity Is Forever.
I Feel For The People Whinging About Not Getting "Parfum Extract" Strength.

Also Side Note Does Anyone Else Find This "Similar" To Sospiro Laylati...
I Have Them Both And Find Them Like Brother And Sister :)

rarebear
rarebear

I have four sprays on my wrist after one hour I can only smell it with my nose to my wrist .. I read a respected website review that said Black Oud is better than Puredistance Black, so blind bought it.. What a huge mistake!!! I would choose Scent Story's 24kt Gold Oud Edition over this any day, even if 24kt wasn't a third of the price.. IMHO the review I read baffles my completely how they arrived at their conclusion..
For a Perfume Extract I feel like the IFRA/EU should have better regulations on what a extract is.. I feel like I was mugged.. Out of 150 plus fragrances I own I put this at the very bottom and when I look at what I paid for it, I am just dismayed, I feel angry at me...

Hassan Nasrallah
Hassan Nasrallah

very similar to black afgano & Carner Cuir , but at base note , all 3 are quit different at the beginning , very dark deep perfume for cold wintery night , oud in this perfume is presented in very elegant way combined with the incense to make a piece of perfume art

Shibor
Shibor

Good perfume for colder days.

It's suitable for mass market too. In my opinion, one can wear it everyday without being offensive.

Nice oud with perceivable notes of sandalwood and (weaker) amber.

bouddha bleu
bouddha bleu

For vampire lovers.

Strong oud dominance. Extra dark, rich and masculine. Extraordinary sinergy with liquerish frankincense in the drydown.

Perfect for a ghotic adventure, if you are familiar with Anne Rice's hero, I imagine this parfume Lestat wears, walking in some dark, dark winter forest...

Because of some strange heavy melancholy it brings in me, which I do not feel in very similar fragrance (and first oud love) Black Afghano by Nasomatto, I give:

4,5/5

Roge'
Roge'

In a police lineup, which of these fragrances smell the most similar to Black Oud(Black Afgano, Cuirs Carner, or Nuit Epicee)? The answer is Nuit Epicee. Im not gonna summarily dismiss the similarities it shares with the other two because it is indeed noteworthy. Somebody said that women can wear this as well. That statement is about as true as Prada Candy being unisex. ThatMakesScents kinda stole my thunder. His descriptive review for this extrait is on point. Likewise, I'm not a fan of Black Oud's eau de toilette like strength but I do believe this is a fragrance for oud enthusiasts to try.

Rouj
Rouj

Having read "ThatMakesScents" review, I became concerned with my recent purchase. Did I too make a bad decision?! Mind you this is my first parfum extract, so having nothing to compare it to, I can only tell you what I've notice today. I put the fragrance on at about 9 in the morning (a spray behind each ear), and it's 840 right now and my roommate can still smell it on me while having a normal conversation, from several feet away. She is very sensitive to certain smells, and she feels this is nice. It's not clogging up the whole room, but when I walk by she can definitely smell it. Also, when she moves in close she does like it.

I intended to get a nice scent to go on a date with, and I think this is it. I don't need something that projects across a room, just something for my girl to enjoy next to me. At 12 hours, this seems like it will do the trick. I don't know how long it will last total, but as of now it still smells fantastic. If someone feels that this is insufficient for a PE, please let me know, like I said this is my first. Going to be taking a shower before bed so won't know if it lasts longer.

ThatMakesScents
ThatMakesScents

If Valentino ever produced an OUD based fragrance it would smell something like this.

Romantic and Deep are the key words here. A rich mix of delicate spices and oud emphasizing the intricate balance between eastern and western perfumery. Smooth pristine and dressed up.

It isn't loud by any means. In fact I think it is a sleeper that will wake up at unexpected moments. It is however very durable.

Leave it on for a while before you try to decipher it....it's one of those.

Somewhat familiar smelling due to the pronounced oud but noticeably very different in other regards.

EDIT :

Been wearing this for a full day now. I hate to say it but this has nothing to do with an Extrait as far as projection goes. I still like the "smell" but I feel I was ripped off in believing that this had parfum strength.

I was able to test it but I let my emotions get the best of me. I will spray heavily and use whatever I have up.

Bummer.

EDIT : TWO Days later.

I share the same feelings still. Nice *subtle* romantic oud scent that lasts a good amount of time as a skin scent with just minimal projection.

DEFINITELY not one of the stronger Extraits/Parfums that I have sampled but what can you expect for $225 100ml Extrait.

deborahfrancoise

This perfume is a dream come true : when I wear it,I have the feeling that I smell a mysterious lover's smell (a latin one, of course !)on my skin all day long! Very erotic !

deborahfrancoise

Wonderful ! You'll feel very sexy while wearing it (for men or women.)

without
without

very amazing perfume and it's like Black Afgano but with more Oud and more sillage ..
I love this perfume and it was best adventure when I bought it without I smell it .

alcont9
alcont9

عشاق بلاك افغانو راح يعجبهم هذا العطر

عطر شتوي بامتياز

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about LM Parfums Black Oud fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about LM Parfums Black Oud, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Black Oud by LM Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Black Oud by LM Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.