Designers » L » Oriental « Groups

Noir Gabardine LM Parfums for women and men

Noir Gabardine LM Parfums for women and men
dislike

Noir Gabardine LM Parfums for women and men Pictures

Noir Gabardine represents the black color and the emotion that is impossible to define. It is also dedicated to fashion, style and elegance.

Top notes: bergamot, mandarin and galbanum. Heart: ginger, rosewood and sandalwood. Base: amber, musk, vanilla and tonka.

Available as 100 ml EDP. Noir Gabardine was launched in 2011.

Galbanum Bergamot Mandarin Orange

Sandalwood Palisander Rosewood Ginger

Musk Amber Tonka Bean Vanille

Yohji

Noir Gabardine Fragrance Reviews

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The opening of Noir Gabardine smells very much like typical men's fougère, citrus soapy lavender tonka type of scent, which unfortunately is not my favourite category. However, what follows is even more disconcerting to my nose.

A soapy, sour bergamot mixed with weird, plastic-like sweet ripe fruitiness, lies over a quiet, almost praline-like undertone of tonka bean. I don't perceive the bitter, green, stark galbanum that I used to. The overall effect is like a compromise between fresh aromatic fougere men's cologne and the recent sugary gourmand trend.

The sillage is mostly moderate, and the longevity is at least 8 hours. Maybe it's because of my personal bias against aromatic fougere compostions and my relatively low tolerance towards sugary, plastic-evoking fruity scent, I find Noir Gabardine a clash of different popular ideas among designer fragrances, rather than combining them in a more organic way. Therefore, I would not particularly recommend this fragrance given its high price tag and based on my personal experience with it.

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Charging 250+ dollars retail price for a scent that smells almost identical to Azzaro Chrome (which i happen to not like to begin with). Are you serious????

I feel bad for the poor innocent buyers who fell prey for this phony scent.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Jesus this is gross. It starts like a 90's sporty "eau de cologne" mixed with a Daim Blond like suede accord. Vaguely salty and a bit synthetic. Then it suddendly pops out a spooky leather-vanillic accord which is just... wrong, halfway between gingerbread and burnt soup. Try to imagine a dry, dark, burnt-rubber leather (safraleine) note mixed with a milky rancid vanillin note. Then this sickening accord fades away again and you're back on the sporty cologne side. Totally disturbing – not in a cool way.

michael.j
michael.j

This smells like a 98% match of Ungaro III. The 2% difference in the LM is where you'll find a warmer base of amber, vanilla, and tonka. All things being equal, including cost, I'd still go for the Ungaro.

Roge'
Roge'

Sour, green, and flagrantly bitter. Another fragrance, another opening that smells like the bottom of a woman's make-up bag. Not much of a middle. On my skin, the drydown is predominantly bergamot and musk. With a lineup of sandalwood, amber, vanilla, and tonka bean you would probably expect something foodie. To the chagrin of all gourmand lovers, this is not a perfume for the "foodie dudes". In closing, this is a fragrance that makes a strong attempt for some sort of panache. Noir means black; in fashion noir means elegance and in the fragrance world, it can be an enigma leaning towards nocturnal or cold weather perfumes. This is probably the brightest Noir fragrance I've ever tried. I'm confused by LM Parfums direction....

Scatje
Scatje

Incredible scent, imo for woman as wel as for men. On my skin it's almost sweet not realley mandarin orange but more in a peachy way and a little creamy. It's not offensive in any way and I can see myself wearing it at the office, an almost for every day perfume because of the freshness of the mandarin and the balmy of saldelwood and amber

Cereza
Cereza

The first blast feels like something I've tried before 100%. It opens as a generic woody and masculine aftershave with citruses and sharp/soapy note of galbanum. It is enjoyable, but nothing particularly new or interesting.
As it develops it gets more soapy/clean and plays along the notes of a woody drugstore aftershave. There is a glimpse of hope at the heart part when sandalwood/rosewood combo opens on me, making this more warm, more complex and more elegant. It stays in this phase all trough the drydown.

Quality is really good, longevity is at it's max. The scent itself is very masculine, but good, smells clean/elegant and a bit sexy. As it retails for more than 100 EUR for 100 ml I do not know if one should chase after the bottle as it reminds so much of many other male fragrances.

girmu*
girmu*

I got a sample of Noir Gabardine. Tried it on and got disgusted almost immediately. After ~5 minutes after applying it starts to smell something like rotten fruit or worse on me... Can't get it clear, which note ruins it all. Maybe the mix of all of them.

I can smell citrusy notes only at the very beginning, immediately after applying. Later on - longer it stays, more stinky it gets. And no citrus at all... Only really bad mix of tonka and amber.

Maybe it's just my skin, but I truly hate it on me, it smells totally wrong. I'd like to smell it on smbdy else though - maybe it would do the justice.

Designer in disguise. I've nothing against designer fragrances but I'm surely annoyed by generic mass market compositions selling at niche prices. Noir Gabardine is a masculine woody citrus with a remarkable oriental vibe and a strong deja vu aspect throughout. I can't actually put my finger on what other specific fragrance it exactly smells like but it resembles of thousands of modern masculines ranging from Gucci Envy For Men to Armani Code Sport.

A sparkling green citrus opening enriched by some ginger and laying on a generic woody ambery base. No more, no less. Anything but distinctive.

Save your money.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about LM Parfums Noir Gabardine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about LM Parfums Noir Gabardine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Noir Gabardine by LM Parfums. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Noir Gabardine by LM Parfums represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.