Designers » L » Oriental Spicy « Groups

Lalique Pour Homme Equus Lalique for men
dislike

I have it: 453 I had it: 126 I want it: 341 My signature: 13

Lalique Pour Homme Equus Lalique for men Pictures

Lalique Pour Homme Equus by Lalique is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for men. Lalique Pour Homme Equus was launched in 2001. The nose behind this fragrance is Emilie (Bevierre) Coppermann. Top notes are bergamot, lemon and citron; middle notes are nutmeg, juniper, violet leaf, cardamom, mace and brazilian redwood; base notes are leather, musk, vetiver, sequoia, amyris and benzoin.

Bergamot Lemon Citron

Nutmeg Juniper Violet Leaf Cardamom Mace Brazilian Redwood

Leather Musk Vetiver Sequoia Amyris Benzoin

Lalique Pour Homme Equus Fragrance Reviews

lukemosse
lukemosse

The opening is dominated initally by an oil paint and turpentine smell - and the impression of pepper. Whatever citrus is there is understated and is just smoothing off the introduction rather than giving an opening blast. This gives way to mostly vetiver in the heart, and the dry down is woody.
This is a very non-linear scent. It's very complex, very earthy but refined, and I would say very masculine, owing mostly to the prominent vetiver. The evergreen notes are gorgeous - all deep smelling, nothing anywhere near the air freshener piney type.
It reminds me of my grandad, who is a painter and a carpenter, and smoked rollups. Oil paints, tobacco, and cut wood from a deep forest.
I would give it a 10/10.

cvaile
cvaile

This smells exactly like being on a newly-built cedar deck overlooking a fern-carpeted valley under a pine forest canopy after a rain shower while sipping a gin and tonic from the well-oiled saddle of your recently shampooed horse.

Everybody's been there, right? ;)

In other words, a really unique scent - if you enjoy fragrances that give you a specific experience, and you think you'd enjoy the experience above, run don't walk to get a bottle of this.

I agree with gedlive's comment below - this is an exceptional cedar/woody-aromatic that will reallyshine in cool-to-cold weather, it's an obscenely good deal. Lalique strikes again.

mixter99
mixter99

To me this smells like trees in a forest mixed with petrol and pepper. It is actually quite sweet and its longevity is 8hrs on my skin. It certainly does not smell cheap, in fact very unique. In my opinion it is the 'colder' version of lalique white, they smell similar but this one has more depth.
Overall 8/10

Jassar
Jassar

Smells like stale cigarettes. If you are not a smoker then people will think you are if you wear this. Gave me a headache.

Supremescent
Supremescent

I do not know what some of the ppl below are talking about when it comes to short lived performance, must be chemistry???? This lasts a good 6 hrs on my skin. The silage is moderate, perfect. Anyway this fragrance is beautiful ppl. The spicy wood is magnificent. There is a woody smell in here that is just exotic, must be the blend of the Sequoia and the Brazilian Rosewood and with the other notes in the mix..... Absolutely beautiful!! I have 5 Lalique fragrances now and they are ALL magnificent.

stoic_cicero
stoic_cicero

I've had this one for a few weeks now and I have to say I wasn't a huge fan at first. It has however grown on me. Its a comforting smell that has something to it that seems just slightly feminine to me. for that reason, i don't wear it out very often. That said, it really has grown on me a lot. sometimes I'll just spray just a bit on my wrist before bed.

saman1jam
saman1jam

After use this one...
whatever is happening = make me crazy amorist
❤❤❤ it
Thank you @mojtaba.. It's kind of you which I have it again
---------------------------------------
عجیب حس و حال چوبی و اسپایسی باحال و خوش کیفیت این عطر من رو به وجد میاره و دیوانه وار متمایل به بوییدن مکرر میکنه.. بسیار بسیار دوست داشتنی و نایاب

FreshLiving
FreshLiving

Another great Lalique fragrance.

Equus is woody, crisp, fresh, and light.
This is one of the ideal scents you'd want to be wearing as a man on a beautiful summer day. The best way I can describe this scent is to imagine you're walking down a path next to the ocean. There are large trees around and the wind is blowing slightly. It's about 2pm in the afternoon. You're wearing a white cotton collared button down and youre with your woman who's wearing a straw hat, also wearing white. You're just waking, enjoying the landscape, laughing and being; you feel free. That's what equus is to me.

Maybe to Lalique it's the feeling of riding a horse and having the wind blow past you and all the scents that are captured in the air.

10/10.. could be worn spring, summer, fall. Summer will be ideal I imagine.

m3matt3
m3matt3

I have a bottle with a few sprays missing if anyone is interested in a swap. It smells good, just not for me.

gedlive
gedlive

Equus is my favorite frag from Lalique.
I used to think He Wood Rocky Mountain was comparible to Equus, but now after 200 reviews and mostly a niche collection, I have gotten rid of He Wood, and continue to grow in my appreciation of Equus; the best woody floral I can think of.

The woods are very realistic, the amyris, sequoia, and other woody notes, then I get violet leaf and musk. The other notes are nuances, the nutmeg and cardomom add some nice spiciness. Very unique and well blended.
If this is getting disscontinued it will be missed, and prices will go up, as we try to get the remaining bottles on ebay...

Yes, this reminds me of Creed Spice and Wood that sells for $1,000/ bottle.
I did a side by side this morning, comparing Spice and Wood with Equus. Spice and wood may be the best cedar scent in the world, as Creed Boise du Portugal has the best sandalwood.
They are most similar because of the stark, realistic woodiness. Spice and wood has a bit of apple and bergamot to brighten the woods and a bit of spice, very simple beautifull fragrance. Equus has that stark woodiness I like in colder weather, yet the composition, with the violet leaf, nutmeg, mace, and some benzoin richness, I think Equus may be the better, more enjoyable scent. Performance and quality are better with Spice and Wood.
I would like to get Spice and Wood someday to cap off my collection, maybe when I retire...

Merry Christmas. John 3:16

GILscent
GILscent

Three words...amazing, fantastic, Unique!

joenick68
joenick68

This one of my favorites from Lalique and if it is discontinued I need to start restocking on it.
Awesome fragrance for anytime and any season.

smellyboy25
smellyboy25

DISCONTINUED!! Sadness...

OCNBreeze7
OCNBreeze7

Rockstar..!!

Different and unique – definitely a “best kept secret” in the fragrance community. The blend of juniper, floral, and woodsy notes of Lalique’s Pour Home Equus is fantastic. I will also add that it is so different/unique, I find it addictive – I am routinely lifting my arm, hoping to catch a lingering hint of this beauty that I sprayed on the cuff of my sleeve. While I am a fan of this fragrance, I am somewhat disappointed in the performance. Equus lasted about 4 hours on me and a bit longer on my clothing. After the first hour, projection dissipates to skin level. Geared more for fall and winter wear, Equus is office safe and will be a crowd pleaser. My final tally for this gem is 4.5 stars out of 5. If performance was greater, this could easily fall into the Top 5 fragrances. Regardless, this juice is good - Equus is modestly priced, smells great, and carries a positive aura about it that says, “life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful”… You will notice the confidence when wearing. Highly recommend adding to any collection.

Enjoy your day and happy fragrance hunting…

jotaclow
jotaclow

Very wood, and very strong (EDP). First blast reminded me of a male version to Cartier Baiser Volé

Pusur
Pusur

This is one of the absolutely most sexy and elegant scents ever! I am totally in love with this one. This love lasts now some years... Maybe it is so good on a the skin of my bf but then it is a bonus ;)
I can´t that imagine woman will not react on this one. She must me an aline then :D
Guy if you want to feel sexy, classy, elegant. It is the ONE!

timon912
timon912

The opening smells like you're in a really nice forest, but not a piney one, with a great cologne on. Love it! And that later it just smells like a really nice forest once the fruits wear off. This is my favorite outdoorsy scent, even better than He Wood Rocky Mountain, IMO. The longevity is pretty good which is great because this IS a smell I like to find on my old clothes. That wonderful tree, sap, juniper smell that is perfectly balanced and enjoyable, comforting, like a big hug from a forest. 8.5/10 overall and 10/10 when I factor in the price. Great value as of now.

an.jorePipip

This aromatic spicy scent really attracts people, I get compliments whenever I wear it. Smells classy, yet inoffensive for daily basis. It has medium projection and longevity, I would give 8/10 for this handsome perfume.

gerry.madoni

This scent deserves credit for staying on point with the overall theme of leather, equine stables and outdoors.
For anyone lucky or unlucky enough to have experienced working around horses, it can be said Equus is as close as one will ever get to standing close to a horse with full saddle after a ride in the morning. It is unmistakable in fact. A combo of warm leather, redwoods juniper and sequoia all align to create, ultimately, the warm and very animalistic effect of horse sweat, leather saddles, rides through wooded areas and last but not least, horse urine. Lalique got this one spot on. Put a horse on the bottle and there is no doubt there is a horse in the juice.

One of my all time faves .. 9/10

Ray Achnioach
Ray Achnioach

Like I'm sure many others, upon initial application I was a bit put off by what registers as a strong cedar aroma. I thought, I hope this settles down and as is at least as nice as Azzaro Visit. The "cedar" note of course is the Sequoia which is listed as an ingredient. When the dry down occurs this fragrance truly opens up in a delightful way. The gin like juniper appears lending a bit of a boozy note and then the pleasant spices of cardamon and nutmeg merge with some tart but smooth citrus. The "cedar" retracts some but remains very evident but not overpowering. Instead married with the other notes it is nothing at all like a "hamster cage" scent one smells. Lalique Equus is actually a sophisticated fragrance, more mature and gentlemanly than it's more friendly and more cedary little brother Visit. LaLique Equus is a woody, herbal fragrance but not at all bitter and while herbal it is nothing like an '80's powerhouse and thankfully nothing like the insipid fruity, vanilla or unisex fragrances that many seem to like today. This is more appropriate for a mature man, not necessarily an older man but a mature man. LaLique Equuscan be worn for many situations and occasions, forma, work or even romance and could be a signature fragrance for the right man.

iTryToSmellGood
iTryToSmellGood

(EDP) On my skin I get a lot of vetiver from this after the citrus opening dies down. It actually reminded me of Guerlain's Vetiver if you took away that slight anamalic note it has. Equus is warm and earthy and smells like a very high quality product. It is more of a mature scent as well. Because of this mature vibe and me only being 19 I feel like this is a special occasion scent, maybe as I get older I may wear a bit more liberally. The bottle is also incredibly stunning. Overall I think that for the price you can find this for it's an absolute bargain, maybe a good blind buy if you like vetiver/ earthy scents. 8.5/10

erkek
erkek

Congratulations Lalique! . Perfect natural scent. Green and fresh. I can say similar bachmakov a little bit and nivea balsam. Many compliment for homme..

Sillage: 7,5/10

gerry.madoni

Last night while buying milk at my local store, a well dressed lady standing close to me remarked " where are you going that you smell so nice" . I had sprayed just twice with Equus before leaving my house. Possibly the second or third time in many years that I have received an unsolicited compliment like that.
I believe Equus performs much better in more cooler humid conditions. As do most scents with sillage and longevity issues. Hot days and really no point in even applying a fragrance like Equus at all. Save the stuff for cooler humid days in Winter. It is an amazing feat by Lalique to create this wonderful quality scent . Probably the best bargain out there. I have gone ahead and added 3 extra bottles to my collection.

Platinum1
Platinum1

~ Equus was pure and simple a blind buy based on an infatuation with an amazing Lalique bottle! I knew on the day it arrived that based on the notes it was a pure gamble all for a pretty pony in glass. The green woody notes and vetiver and I have an unforgiving history. My honest initial impression was one of a wrinkled nose and more thoughts of hamster cage than of stallions and medieval forests. I have revisited this many times to rein in what I was smelling and adjust to this strange, spicy, mysterious new scent. There is no cedar listed in the pyramid but my nose definitely detects that vibe but the familiar redeeming note of cardamom is also here and it smooths Equus out along with faint citrus and lightly sweet juniper berries. In short I cringe at the pungent opening but can't get enough of the soft drydown! The cedary sillage here is very shy but longevity is a long lived skin scent. I can't help but keep coming back to this masterpiece bottle. It always catches my eye as I reach for a Chanel and tempts me to "sample just a litl' more." Like a love you know is wrong for you but you just can't resist her soft violet touch. If my thoughts on PHE seem uncertain it's because they are but one thing is certain my opinion of this beautiful bottle itself will always draw me in for just one more spray.

Kind Regards, Plat ~

Rick Bennett
Rick Bennett

Tested from a small sample today.
This test started off on the wrong foot. I made a point of writing my own notes before even looking at the ingredients and other reviews, and then couldn't believe how badly wrong I was in every possible way. The reason was because I thought I was testing Chanel Antaeus - no wonder the reviews didn't match up!!
So Equus: I got green Mediterranean herby, spicy and a little citrus at the start. I thought the citrus was orange peel, but the ingredients say citron, bergamot and lemon. I also thought I got lavender, but that was the juniper blended with other ingredients. That's really annoyed me because I know juniper very well from my garden, and of course I can smell it now, not that I know it's an ingredient. After a short while it went a bit more powdery, sweeter, in fact it started to remind me of a particular confectionary, that I just can't place at the moment, something like Edinburgh rock.
It's a not-unpleasant, green, conifery scent. But on me it lasts about an hour tops, actually more like half an hour. I can't speak for the sillage because I've been alone all day, but I suspect it's soft.
If I had to conjure up an image, to me it brings to mind someone insipidly nice, pale and weak, someone rather easy to overlook, unfortunately. The opposite of everything I would associate with all things equine. I was wearing it when I went to the supermarket this afternoon, and I actually felt oddly shy and self-conscious (quite rare for me). I've still "liked" it, because there's nothing to dislike about it, but it's not really for me, unlike my other Lalique, Encre Noir which blew my socks off and transformed me into a Dark Lord....
PS I would almost (but not quite) buy Equus just for the beautiful Lalique glass bottle! :)
July 2015

bapita
bapita

An excellent, very masculine scent. Tons of wood with a bit of citrus; light but strong, if that makes sense.

kimbola
kimbola

spicey peppery woody with a great drydown i sometimes layer it with it with Encre Noire to get a realy dark spicey wood scent, i like it even more than encre noire.

a true masterpiece.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Many Lalique scents share a positive feature: they smell creative. Maybe not entirely compelling, but really unusual, quite “niche” despite the really low price and the wide availability. L’Homme Equus isn’t an exception: it is in fact a really peculiar sort of herbal-woody fragrance standing quite on its own among herbal-woody fragrances. The woody notes smell vibrant and exotic, with that sort of aromatic “African” mood of scents like Idole de Lubin or Trussardi Inside Man (and similar fragrances featuring slightly less common woody notes such as mahogany or rosewood). Bracing and really realistic, powerful “woody” in the best and most natural meaning. There’s vetiver too, but just more as a nuance of the main woody accord, which smells quite complex and colorful. I never smelled a sequoia so I don’t know about that sequoia note, but it smells really good. Then, something leathery (the only flaw here; the exact same sweet-mellow dull leather note as in CH Men by Herrera) provides some “mainstream feature” to the exotic woody base, giving it a shade of weight and “masculinity” (and dullness as I said). Now imagine this, topped with a sort of Mediterranean herbal-spicy-citrus bouquet a bit similar to Rochas Aquaman, or Lanvin Oxygene. Grassy, kind of pungent, really aromatic and again, quite exotic (juniper stands quite above the rest). Some slight resinous-fruity nuances give some warmth and sweetness. And that’s it, there is no significant evolution to my nose except a general drift towards woody-ambery tones. A woody-herbal scent with a colourful sweet vibe and a unique, decidedly “exotic” feel. Refined, totally versatile and really enjoyable. Sadly it smells also a bit thin and quite short-lasting, but it’s a fascinating piece of mainstream perfumery surely worthy a try.

ikuone
ikuone

I like Pour Homme Equus EDP better than edt. It is lasting and really stayed on my skin very well. I keep sniffing my own skin. I love the bitter smell of the woods mix well with Citrusy smell and also warm spicy with little sweetnest inside it. Lalique perfume just have its own league and very different from other generic fragrances. I love it so much.

coati_mm
coati_mm

in the same corner as frapins l'humaniste but without the annoying lemony openings (also very similar to gucci pour homme II, penhaligons opus and lubins gin fizz). all very sophisticated scents but for me unfortunately too well-behaved – where's the dirt, stallion?

mortezaa
mortezaa

The EDP is not stronger than the EDT .The EDP is more spicy and the EDT is more woody.
a good fragrance for all seasons .
به نظرم بوی گلپر هم توی نت هاش هست ولی جایی گفته نشده

marcin323f
marcin323f

Really good scent for this price!

Sometimes I happen upon a page and I'm shocked to find I haven't posted a review for a scent that I've owned for ages and am highly accustomed to. Usually I've written the review in note form elsewhere and just not got around to posting it yet...Equus is one of many such cases.

So...I finally blind bought this scent from Lalique and I have to say it's a real gem.
Before we even get into the note breakdown I think you have to be prepared to except that if you don't like nutmeg, you're not likely to be a lover of Equus.
Starts of with a fresh sharp citrus lemon and bergamot notes but also with that unmistakable gin quality of juniper berries.
The heart of the fragrance comes out quickly which is the lasting smell of mace and nutmeg with the spicy clean woods and enduring vetiver. In fact it dries down to an amazingly woody scent, Equus truly is a lovely combo of peppery vetiver and calming woods. This is a high quality juice on me, dies down quickly in projection terms but as far as longevity is concerned I think it's an improvement on the original Lalique Pour Homme.
Infact, after the complex top notes have subsided you're left with something not dissimilar to a subdued and less smoky Encre Noire. Classy, masculine stuff from Lalique, cheap, wonderful flacon, everything you'd expect from this house and my girlfriend really loves it too.
It's not a million miles away from the original Pour Homme in terms of 'feel', except perhaps bolder and more assured. I can't recommend it highly enough a truly inspired blind buy...If I do say so myself.

That was my review then, I'd just like to reaffirm the dominant heart notes of Mace and nutmeg they might be an acquired taste for some but set this apart from the likes of Lalique pour homme and Lalique White and even Encre Noire (although to a lesser extent) all of which are pretty similar.

Ravenwind
Ravenwind

I recently returned from a backpacking trip at the Sequoias National Park in California and it is amazing how well they have captured the essence here. When you walk through these giant ancient trees they are not only towering above you, but you walk over their roots and stir up the soil that is also composed of the bark. You see them, breath them and taste them. You are absorbed into the woods when you are there. This scent takes me back there. They have captured that unique slightly sweet wood perfectly, with a softer fade to it over time. Lalique once again creates a unique stand out fragrance.

stereoscopic
stereoscopic

Probably my least favorite from Lalique's offerings. Or maybe I didn't understand it fully yet. And not so much because of the scent, but because of it's performance. The scent itself starts good, with a bitter lemon - citrus accord, going to an accord of bitter violet mixed beautifully with spices and ending with musk, woods and leather. It is great!
And now for the performance. Sadly, there's no silage on my skin. And I'm using the EDP. It's gone in a matter of minutes and then becomes a long lasting musky skin scent, which is nice, but I was hoping for more when I got the EDP. Well, at least it's a very affordable fragrance to get and try, as all the Lalique perfumes are. I won't give hope on this one and try it in different settings ...

jacek.drewnowski
jacek.drewnowski

To my nose, the opening is dominated by a peppery note, and the citruses are hidden behind it. After 30-60 min. it becomes a woody scent. Overall it is great and I love it, but I would prefer a better longevity. After 4 hours I can barely smell antyhing at all. And it's EDP I'm talking about. It stays longer on clothes, though.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

Beautiful, unique niche scent. Sadly moderate longevity. I get ginger, though not listed?
This is one of my favourites and a definite re-purchase. Beautiful bottle too -probably the most beautiful bottle in my collection. A must have for me :-)

P.s. I went to bed at 2am today after spraying with 3 different Laliques. I sprayed this to my right hand, Lalique Pour Homme lion to my left and Hommage à L'homme to my upper arm. Sadly, the Equus had disappeared without trace by 730 (some EDP!).
It is now 1015 and the Lion and Hommage are still going well with a respectable projection of approx 15cm (or 6 inches for those of you back in the dark ages lol!)
BUT! This is still a must have, and I hope that Lalique address the longevity issue.

iammyping
iammyping

All i have to say is: WOW :D I mean WOOOOOOOOOOW. In terms of originality, uniqueness- Lalique's scents are in the class of their own (maybe except Lion). This is no different. For me it is not about the scent alone (which is ABSOLUTELY STUNNING), but also how this makes me feel when I am wearing it. And wearing Equus I feel...Happy!Calm.Relaxed,Elegant.Sophisticated.One-of-a-kind.Extraordinary.And this...This for me is worth so much more than couple of bucks they are asking for it!

silentman26
silentman26

Dark, alluring and sensual. A blast of citruses. Warm, spicy cardamon, nutmeg and a hint of black tea. Deep sensual leather, musk, vetiver and prominent wood. Intoxicating projection for many hours, strong sillage. A masterpiece in every way.

jimmyo1
jimmyo1

Received mine yesterday....blind bought on fellow fragrantica user reviews....let me just say..."Thanks"

Upon first sniff I get the lovely fruity citrusy blast which tingles the nose so wonderfully...its then not long before I get the nutmeg, juniper and lovely floral hint of the violet leaf which really lifts this.

This stayed a while and now I have had it on a couple of hours I can detect a little redwood, then then musk, Vetiver and the Benzoin, these for me give it that slight Hay smell which is devine.
I get some of the other notes too (although not much leather) but these are the big players for me personally.

An absolutely wonderful and classy elegant juice from Lalique yet again.
Im building a real liking for Lalique even though I only have 2 FB at the moment but feel theres more to come!

If anything the only slight negative is maybe the Longevity...and projection around average, but hey, Ill just spray a bit more next time. This takes nothing away from this true beauty!

Beautiful stuff 8.5/10

aqua_de_la_vita
aqua_de_la_vita

OMG....I don't know what I was thinking at the time? When this fragrance came out I bought a 100ml EDP, not even a 1/4 of bottle, I just gave it away :((
Boy are they right when they say that wisdom comes with time. If I was able to do a search on this PHENOMENON fragrance, I might of not given it away.
Now my review on this juice,
After 6mths, I finally got my hands on another 100ml bottle EDP of Lalique Pour Homme Equus. The second I sprayed this juice on my skin, I get a real vib of woodsy/spicy notes of sequoia and vetiver giving you a unique aroma. The notes of voliet leaf and juniper berry reminds of pears...a slight sweet aroma don't know why, but I ABSOLUTELY ❤ it!!!! Both Brazilian redwood/nutmeg with cardamom elevates this PHENOMENON juice..as if the nectar God's allowed us to enjoy such a LUXURIOUS woodsy-spicy-citrus fragrance.
Longevity and Silage is beyond anything I currently have..lasting well past 10hrs.
Overall opinion,
If you can get your hands on this amazing GEM, you won't regret it whats so ever. I will most definitely use every ounce of this juice. How can you rate nectar from the God's..one word... PERFECTION!!!!

samientor
samientor

great, all year round smell for men with class.

Jack_Hunter
Jack_Hunter

A big dose of lemony citrus with woods starts the fragrance off. This is quickly followed by a violet leaf which melds with the spicy wood aroma.

This is quite well blended as the intense spicy wood is mixed with just the right amount of violet.

A good balance between spicy woods and violet. Thumbs up!

vbjanos
vbjanos

I have ordered blind both the EDP and aftershave based on my positive experience with Encre Noire and White.
Equus is a suprisingly light and exotic woody fragrance. It is well blended and complex so I cannot even separate notes I know, let alone exotic woods and fruits. The lack of bitter notes keeps it modern and the restrained, classy composition makes it easily wearable for me.
Equus opens with citrus and dry herbs. As it settles, hints of spices, woods, resins and florals emerge. Transitions are constant and gradual, ending in herbal vetiver, bright musk, cedar like wood and hints of sweet resin.
Longevity is good, over 6 hours, and sillage is moderate.
Equus does not layer well, any addition upsets the composition for me.
The bottle is beautiful but a bit misleading. I cannot smell any horses there, cannot even pick leather out.
If woody is your thing, I recommend trying. It is also a safe blind buy for anyone that has other Lalique already.

Belvedere
Belvedere

Equus is only my second blind buy, my first was Thierry Mugler Pure Havana which I love a lot therefore based on reviews on this forum I took a chance with Lalique. It is a very subtle elegant and woody fragrance although i would not say it is particularly masculine. It is a classy smell but you do have to put on quite a few sprays to get any effect and sillage is poor. a beautiful fragrance, I like but don't love.

mntsrck
mntsrck

I don't know.....a lot of people is saying that this doesn't last long but it does on me but then again I have the edp version......having said that this is definitely a niche scent, projection is not the best but is good, silage is good too, worthy of signature scent....presentation is awesome...love the bottle....it reminded me of the movie gladiator.....lol

biscoff
biscoff

Unique and complex niche scent that exudes class.
I think it is not a mainstream type of fragrance that will please the masses, so be careful if you plan to blind-buy it.

Unfortunately, projection and longevity according to me are way below average.

UPDATE:
It is summer now, and the longevity and projection are veeery good.
Go figure it out :-)
I am now giving it thumbs up!!!

WHAT A WONDERFUL, FRESH, FORMAL FRAG!

GRAF
GRAF

Beautiful scent with horrible longevity and sillage. I liked the scent but very weak. It's a pity.

Yaro
Yaro

Masterpiece. My favorite of Lalique.

dq_firefly
dq_firefly

My new favourite, with heavenly smell. I can't ask for more! Good longevity and moderate sillage, which is perfect, as I don't want to be an advert sign saying 'hey, I'm wearing sth good'. It's masculine, subtle and elegant. A perfect woody smell!

Marciu
Marciu

Which one is worth to purchase as a full bottle? EDT or EDP? I have a decant of EDP and I love it, but I completely don't know the EDT one.... Thanks for your answers, Martin

ianannable
ianannable

Wonderful fragrance! Blended to perfection, this is a delight to wear. Not in your face, just classy. The Lalique house is top drawer, but slightly under the radar. Different and brill!

DocNZ
DocNZ

This is a unique and somewhat complex fragrance indeed!

It reminds me of finely polished Victorian furniture deep within the dusky shadows of an ancient gentleman's club. Or wondering through a museum displaying antique Parisian trappings. Members only.

This fragrance is rich, sophisticated and it exudes class. It is crisp and bright but not is an overly citrus tone. The woods certainly dominate in a fresh and clean way. There is quality in this fragrance, no doubt. The notes are so well blended and, for me, some are difficult to separate.

This is a suit and tie scent for me, best suited to late winter, early spring. Semi-formal/Office. For me it's day time, as it's not warm and sensual enough for night time. The freshness compliments the spring sun. Another fragrance where the sun amplifies its base.

Silage and longevity is fantastic for me. I can still smell it 12 hours later.

Fast becoming a favourite.

jht4060
jht4060

Lalique Equus is a gift to the lover of dark woody scents like the much-lamented Yves Saint Laurent M7. The bottle is heavy and beautiful with the horse head etched deeply into the back of the glass. From the perfume top I get very little citrus and a huge blast of nutmeg. After a short while, the nutmeg recedes a bit (or perhaps my nose adapts to it) and blends with the other spices and violet leaf and strong dark woody notes to give a beautiful and long-lasting heart. I think "sequoia" is a reasonable description of this heart, though don't think sequoia or redwood trees yield any commercial oils and I hope that these rare and magnificent trees are not cut down for our vanity. Based on Lalique's note list, I suspect the "sequoia" is a combination of nutmeg, mace, cedar, and amyris (similar to sandalwood), or perhaps the whole mirage is from combined synthetics. Whatever the composition, it is magnificent and unique to my experience. The spicy notes last a remarkably long time, but eventually they do give way to a milder but still rich cedar and benzoin base, with a bit of musk, leather, and vetiver. The base is very nice, but the unusually long-lasting heart is what shines in this work of art. It feels ferocious, contemplative, tenebrous, radiant, earthy, and pure by turns.

If you have admired Yves Saint Laurent M7 or Dior Fahrenheit Absolute or any other dark woody scent, or even think you might admire them, you should sample Lalique Equus.

AbBlue
AbBlue

I'm wearing LPH Equus right now and what I like the most is the quality. You start enjoying Equus from the moment you open the box, then the bottle and the smell... the mind anticipates and create the illusion that you are already getting the sequoia note (or actually get it, if you have already spray it). That woodsy note is present through all the experience, deserves a full review and provides Equus whit an earthy and balmy odor profile. Yes it's wood, but You know it's a very special one.
Maybe it's me, but in the opening I get a lot of nutmeg and juniper, not the citruses. On the dry down there's no leather or musk note, but the effect is there, the composition get very sensual and some animal, then the citruses and cardamom appear. This is sensual in a very smooth and elegant way.
Duration is very good, when you wake up, a little bit of the base is there, not in your wrist, but there it is. Sillage is moderate, but the two fragances I own from Lalique has this thing I really like: hours later a note escape from time to time, you get close to your wrist and nothing, but then again, another note escape. Not for a blind buy, but I strongly recommend the experience.
***
Ahora mismo uso LPH Equus y lo que más me gusta es la calidad. Comienzas a disfrutar Equus desde el momento en que abres la caja, luego la botella y el olor... la mente se anticipa y crea la ilusión de que ya estás obteniendo la nota de secuoya (o así es, si ya has utilizado la botella). Esa nota amaderada está presente durante toda la experiencia y merece su propia revisión, al tiempo que le da a Equus un perfil olfativo térreo y balsámico. Sí, es madera, pero sabes que se trata de una muy especial.
Quizá sea yo, pero en la apertura percibo mucha nuez moscada y junípero, pero no cítricos. En el secado no hay nota de piel o musk, pero su efecto está ahí. La composición se pone muy sensual y algo animal, entonces aparecen los cítricos y el cardamomo. Es una sensualidad discreta y elegante.
La duración es muy buena, cuando despiertas, un poco de la base sigue ahí, no en tu muñeca, pero está ahí. La proyección es moderada, pero las dos fragancias que tengo de Lalique tienen eso que realmente me gusta: horas después una nota escapa de cuando en cuando, te acercas a la muñeca y nada, pero entonces de nuevo, otra nota escapa. No recomiendo una compra a ciegas pero sí y mucho, la experiencia.

mariomario
mariomario

Hi every one this perfume one if the strong longevity
I ever seen
I just resived the boutel yesterday and I sprayed 6 or 7 on my
Boudy , it was 6.00 pm and now is 6.00 am I still smell it
Very easily
I thing that kind of fregrance is good for winter
Bcuse is strong and sharp
The note nothing really speciall
The only good think the price ,
So if you want buy this perfum
Buy it is good

samihardanian
samihardanian

Absolutely great and such a luxury scent.
یک کار فوق العاده از خانواده لالیک

Kain
Kain

They group this fragrance as a oriental spicy fragrance but I think it's woody spicy!
The opening is strong and spicy with huge dose of nutmeg and juniper and hint of bergamut and lemon.
After a few seconds the spicy scent settles down and give space for the main note of this fragrance! I mean the Sequoia wood!
In the drydown the Sequoia wood is there with hint of vetiver and violet in the background.
Very natural and beautiful scent which is so pleasant and classy. you will have this amazing scent until this fragrance die on your skin.
The drydown and base are really smooth and relaxing. this is not a fall and winter fragrance. I think it's great for spring and summer nights and also cool summer days.
Average projection and longevity.
يه عطر عالي ديگه از لاليك محبوب
رايحه ابتدايي اين عطر كمي تنده. اولش تركيب قوي جوز هندي نوعي گياه بنام جونيپر هست كه رايحه خيلي ملايمي از ليمو و ترنج هم اينا رو همراهي ميكنن
خيلي سريع و چند ثانيه بعد از تندي عطر تا حد زيادي كم ميشه و رايحه اصلي اين عطر شروع به خودنمايي ميكنه.منظورم رايحه چوب درختي هست كه به سرخ چوب معروفه
رايحه اين چوب رو مقدار خيلي كمي وتيور و گل وايولت همراهي ميكنن كه بويي بسيار طبيعي، ملايم و آرامش بخش رو ايجاد ميكنن و آدمو ميبرن تو حال و هواي جنگل هاي شمال تو فصل بهار
بوي اين عطر خيلي قوي نيست و به نظر من بدرد بهار و تابستون ميخوره
پخش بو و ماندگاري متوسطي داره
متاسفانه اين عطر تو بازار ديگه به هيچ وجه پيدا نميشه و منم فقط اين افتخار نصيبم شد كه يه بار از روي يه تستر كه يكي داشت اين عطر خوبُ تست كنم. خيلي حيف شد

maupeccin
maupeccin

Since I pretty much loved every Lalique I could sniff, I just bought this one blind even not liking predominantly woody fragrances. And I'm not one bit disappointed!

Lalique Equus is indeed strong, but not overpowering. Its woodiness doesn't make it "macho", it makes the scent classy and, as someone have already said, charismatic. If I could compare this fragrance to the the animal that names it, this is no mustang or wild horse, but a smart thoroughbred suited for world class polo players.

As far as notes are concerned, I had no full wearings yet, but it seems to last quite a bit on my skin. It is spicy and dry, since the Nutmeg and Sequoia play big roles in it, but also somewhat comforting and energizing. Great purchase!

I hate the usual, "masculine," strong woody fragrances, and I don't like violet leaf, but this fragrance is very well done, about as good as it gets if you like balanced,.dynamic, natural smelling ones, as I do. There seems to be a bit of a vanilla/ambery aspect that eventually comes out, softening it up and providing a little sweetness. Projection ("sillage") is moderate at best (I have only tried the EdT), but longevity is quite good (I got some on my shirt and that lasted a very long time). I look forward to wearing this again to see if my opinion has changed, because I generally find these strong wood fragrances to be too harsh. I'll update if I do change my mind, but as things stand, this could be a niche fragrance selling for a lot more money, IMO.

pattnaik
pattnaik

I like rare kind of perfumes. Based on great review about Lalique Pour Homme Equus, I got this as a blind buy and disappointed. This does not smell anything unique.

Top notes smells spicy and vanished within 30 minutes. Then the base woody tones appeared and vanished within 30 minutes. This fragrance never lasts more than an hour.

Pour Homme Equus opnes with an accord of fresh citrus (mainly lemon), violet leaf and a considerable dose of cardamom. I also get some other (peppery) spices but can't exactly detect them as they're not distinct enough. The overall effect of the opening brings to my mind of indian chai tea (not the Starbucks one) without ginger and sour cream. It turns then to a woody musk base that's well executed but not very distinctive. PHE is smooth and somehow appealing but it simply doesn't match with my taste.

Rating: 6.5-7/10

Roqfort
Roqfort

Great, great, great fragrance. So classy, elegant and sophisticated. It's gonna be my signature scent. Not too loud, but longevity is great on my skin.
Beautiful bottle.Now I see, how much money I waisted on crappy, but trendy scents. Another standing ovation for Lalique...

an.jorePipip

I found a miniature of this perfume, grab it. This perfume is really nice, firm and very classy! Like it so much, unfortunately hard to find the 100ml here. Want it so badly!

RayFlash
RayFlash

Wow! This one (EdP) smells like a circus arena or a hamster cage. :D Does that sound weird? But it really is an amazing, awesome, fantastic and unique fragrance. I freakin' love it! If you have any cheerful memories connected with circus you'll love it too. :-)

Longevity is quite good. Sillage, however, is rather mild, and that's the only drawback, but it still doesn't deprive it of its magnificence and beauty. Wonderful creation!

JeanMaurice

I need to sample it again... i had it but barely remember the scent. I know it was great on me and short lasting...but what a GREAT scent! Perfect every day scent!

carlosdavidz
carlosdavidz

Such a luxury scent, absolutely love it. The longevity is average (5 hours).
Lalique and Cartier has the best perfumes in my opinion.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Unique, lalique's signature type of fragrance. Differ to all other ones I collect, white and la faune. The bottle represent one of the powerful animal in zodiac. Truly worth for the name it bears and lasting creation of all times.
I hope lalique will continue to make gentlemen's signature perfumes.

guest_gabe
guest_gabe

absolutely my favorite woodsy, leather rugged smell in my collection. Long lasting it is not, but comfortable to wear, in the fall.

My favorite of Lalique.

Just a little sweetness in it, and well balanced. Again, it lacks in sillage and his longevity is average. I lived an incredible olfactive journey with this one.

mccoy
mccoy

great scent. I like equus very much. Sillage is good but it not last long only 4 hours. The bottle is beautiful.

Jasper
Jasper

First there was vibrant citrus, very refreshing but not sharp and tangy. More like a very expensive glass of cool lemon-lime juice.

The heart is interesting and yet familiarly comforting. Something green and bitter and aromatic. I got the clean vetiver and it soon followed by leather. The brief leather and vetiver combination was the darkest phrase you could get from Equus, as the rest of it was so blissfully soft, airy, tasty and sophisticated.

I would say it was the best from Lalique if I didn't found Encre Noire.

4xxx4
4xxx4

no, no, no...you don t get it at all..equus is the best offer from lalique! strong, sexy, spicy and absolutly unique!!! great scent, that impressed me from the very first sniff..

vertigo
vertigo

Equus is very spicy and herbal.
Also, very lonlasting.

I can smell a lot of nutmeg, cardamom, vetiver and woods. The citruses in the beginning last very shortly. Just a fling ;)
I don't get any leather.

It's a charming fragrance. Charismatic, but not too strong or overpowering, seducing, but also keeping distance.
For a mature, self-confident man who doesn't need to be the soul of the party to prove his merit.
Golden!

star10
star10

I can call it the younger brother of lalique pour homme.
it's the modest and sophisticated version of the lion.the silage has done well in here.violet leaf is very sharp but a good sharp,not the ones I dislike.more spicy specially at the base notes and...
it's rejuvenate and discreet.the longevity is amazing,just like the lion.
I'm afraid that my man likes the lion more than horse.we've had some arguments about this matter!but I guess this is the one for the 'introverted' men,as the lion is for the 'extroverted' man.D is in the recent groups,while I'm from the first group.so we have different tastes.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Lalique Lalique Pour Homme Equus fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Lalique Lalique Pour Homme Equus, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lalique Pour Homme Equus by Lalique. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lalique Pour Homme Equus by Lalique represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.