Designers » L » Woody Aromatic « Groups

Essenza di Roma Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men
dislike

herbal
camphor
Essenza di Roma Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Pictures Essenza di Roma Uomo Laura Biagiotti for men Pictures

Essenza di Roma is a new fragrant duo presented by the house of Laura Biagiotti this spring, while celebrating the 25th anniversary of the house. The new feminine composition Essenza di Roma arrives with its masculine companion Essenza di Roma Uomo. The two fragrances are inspired by Rome, capturing beauty of the city and monuments, uniting what is timeless, classic and modern with an homage to the legendary period full of beauty, passion and joy of life - "La Dolce Vita".

The two new fragrances make a new chapter of the Roma collection by Laura Biagiotti and are created for the modern man and woman striving for elegance and pleasure in everyday life and surroundings. Enchanted by beauty of Rome, designers of the house of Laura Biagiotti decided to express beauty of Italian heritage and to accentuate value of its centuries long culture in the fragrances while mixing landscapes, scents in the air and gentle emotions.

Character of the new fragrance for men Essenza di Roma Uomo reminds us of the classic of the house, Roma Uomo, with more sophisticated and elegant elements. The composition opens with aromatic notes of bay leaf announcing intense geranium in the heart of the fragrance, while depth and saturation of the edition is ensured by the warm and comfortable blend of vanilla and coumarin in the base. The edition for men is available as 40, 75 and 125ml EDT. Essenza di Roma Uomo was launched in 2013.

Bay Leaf

Geranium

Coumarin Vanilla

Roma per Uomo

Essenza di Roma Uomo Fragrance Reviews

Lesser
Lesser

Essence of what?

I clearly see that the last 10-15 years has brought a new trend into the fragrance world- intense or extreme variations. In this case it's an essenza or essence. My own opinion is quite clear cut on this matter. The "stronger" versions should have the same charater as the original and should be well STRONGER or more concentrated. Unfortunately this is not the case in many instances. Many of these flankers are completely other scents- and of they are then call it somehting else! Don't use the popular names to sell a completely different scent.

Now that's been said - now to the fragrance. I have a sample at hand which this review is based upon.

What do I get out of this one?
It has some of the same character af the original, but it is not as sweet even thought the vanilla is doing its job here. Also the bay leaves and geranion petals are reconisable. It doesn't have that special Italian thing going on that i higly recognise the original for. That impression of Tuscany and Rome. Being an "essenza" I was expecting longer longevity - big dissapointment. Only lasts 2-3 hours on my skin.

Why destroy the renomé of a nice and well blended fragrance with this incompetent flanker?

Overall rating: 3/10

alex_finance
alex_finance

Just like the ROMA by LB. I expected it to be kind of heavier, more intense, longer lasting. But in vain: it is quite the same simple ROMA, with a touch of more wood and a little more vanilla than the simple one.

A nice fragrance to wear in the office during spring.

osiris5
osiris5

You would expect this is a bit as the original masterpiece. But no it isn't. It is dark and vanilla like. The greatness of the original, and i'm a great fan of it, is not even in remote distance. No it isn't a great scent and it smells a bit too chemical. Just in the end it calms down and isn't harsh and hectic due to the warmth of vanilla and spicy coumarin.
I wonder why some here say that it even has the same components as the masterpiece.
No way! You can smell it immediately that this isn't the same. And where the original, the mysterio and the aqua version reflect something you could associated with Roma. This doesn't! It is just a flanker with the name on it and with a totally other character.
But definitely no great perfume. Don't wear it on official occasions. It is just because it is a heavy one. It is good for casual use. And for casual use there are better ones far better ones. If they just did put more balance in it it would have been a nice winter perfume. May be the new Blu will surpass this.

MllePeache

Does anyone know I website I can purchase this off?

My partner bough one in Rome and they threw it out at the airport... the only time I have seen him so upset was when he's footy team didn't make finals!

Thank You. M

MllePeache

Does anyone know I website I can purchase this off?

Thansk You. M

Molko
Molko

Very similar to the original Roma, but after a couple of hours turns into something better, sweeter smell like a mix of coconut and vanilla, maybe cause of the coumarin:) Great and unique fragrance

freddiefingers
freddiefingers

My main problem with this is not the scent but with the spritzer which drips all over the bottle once you start spraying.
Apart from that I have no issues with sillage,projection and lasting ability.This lasts all day on me.I am not sure how much different this is from the original Roma but my thinking is it wont be much.I therefore cant say whether it's worth having both bottles.I can only guess this is a more intense version...

I will recommend this to anyone interested in sweet woody scents to give this a try.you might like/love it

GuanYin2013
GuanYin2013

I blind bought a 125 ml / 4.2oz bottle of EDT on eBay for £18.99. I think the seller has a few more if you're interested.

Official top note is bay. Personally, I could get very little smell of anything at first. Then something developed which strongly reminded me of Fentiman's Rose Lemonade (a soft drink made in the UK using "botanicals" rather than synthetic flavourings). Fentiman's has a pear and ginger juice base with rose and lemon on top - a sweet, aromatic, not very acid nor very lemony, lemonade. It is also very pink. Essenza di Roma Uomo started out smelling like Fentiman's mixed with something dusty or musty, maybe cardboard? I like cardboard. This opening is very pink and girly but a dusty pink and girly so maybe we are in the realms of Miss Faversham. Will this appeal to my niece the Goth? Maybe.

Official middle note is geranium. I did not get anything flowery after the first faint opening. I went straight into the base notes. About fifteen minutes after spraying a sweeter aroma developed. It reminded me of English milk chocolate. It too was mixed with something dusty or musty or a bit like dried sage (could this be bay?) I do not like chocolate - correction I like the hard black chocolate that has to be broken off the bar with pliers and is too hard to chew so you have to let it dissolve slowly in the mouth like a liquorice tic-tac but I really dislike English chocolate which is milky, sickly sweet, cloying, ugh. I did not like being reminded of chocolate and I was worried. However, the chocolate melted away (hur-hur-hur) and the dusty, musty, herby, sage, could-this-be-bay? smell developed into something strongly reminiscent of old fashioned ironing board. The ironing board I have in mind is made of soft wood (could it be cedar?), the wooden board used as the ironing surface is covered with felted wool, topped with strong Egyptian cotton. This is then heated by an old fashioned non-steam iron. The smell of hot iron, hot cotton, baking wool, and warm wood is as delightful, in my opinion, as the smell of home-baked bread. The associations are all pleasant for me because I was not the one doing any ironing, I was the one destined to put on the freshly ironed school shirt. Smelling of fresh ironing was the joy we all knew before someone invented fabric conditioners. Would this fragrance appeal to those who like to be subliminally reminded of the good old days when men wore the pants and women ironed them? Or, indeed, anyone of any gender who just wants to feel mothered?

The essence of ironing board gradually gives way to a woody vanilla with a hint of flat cola - flat coke smells like cough mixture, medicinal, herby so this is perhaps the opening herby sage/bay note coming back in yet another variety of itself? This attractive, woody, not-sweet vanilla lingers for a few hours.

To smell anything of this, apply in bucketfuls and keep your nose resting on your skin. Can you have minus numbers for sillage? Longevity is poor to moderate. But I was testing this on a cold day in England. On a hot day in Rome, the effect is likely to be very different. I want to try this again in different weather.

Verdict: an unobjectionable fragrance, if you can smell it. Some unexpected twists in a longish journey from slightly girlie rosy opening down to a slightly masculine vanilla. The best bits for me were the most elusive notes which were charming when they arrived but left the party too early to make a big impression or steal my heart. If this had been Essence of Ironing Board I would have loved it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Laura Biagiotti Essenza di Roma Uomo fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Laura Biagiotti Essenza di Roma Uomo, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Essenza di Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Essenza di Roma Uomo by Laura Biagiotti represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.