Designers » L » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille Laura Mercier for women
dislike

almond
coconut

Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille by Laura Mercier is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women. Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille was launched in 2013. Top notes are tangerine, orchid and heliotrope; middle notes are almond, and coconut; base note is sandalwood.

Tangerine Orchid Heliotrope

03 Amber Vanilla

Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille Fragrance Reviews

thetruthoflove
thetruthoflove

Beautiful Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille!! It's such a lovely, sweet and subtle coconut! Amazingly gentle and delicate, and so easy to wear. You don't feel bombarded as is so often the case with coconut that I'm very wary of any perfume with coconut in it; no, not in this delightful and feminine darling! Soft amber and coconut, that's what it is for me, with a lovely vanilla and almond topping! It's just lovely.

Love it very much. Adore it in fact!!!

mary.ellen.frye
mary.ellen.frye

While I love LM's Vanille Gourmand, I detest the Ambre Vanille. It has a strong, very medicinal note that is very unpleasant. Do not recommend!

turtle91
turtle91

If you want a simple vanilla scent, then this one is for you. While it is pleasant, I'm not a huge fan of this linear scent. It is an EDT but it really feels like a body spray. I can spray tons of this and the smell would be gone after a while.

hippiechick13
hippiechick13

When a note finds you.. Always amusing :)

I've got a thing for coconut. But not the coconut prevalent in the majority of fragrances which smells almost like plastic or off sun lotion, at least as perceived by me and on my skin.

Anyway, I gave up on finding one I liked as it seemed elusive or perhaps a note too hard to capture in a perfume. That was until this!

I sampled a few fragrances today in David Jones. I've been after something that I can wear anytime but is neither pedestrian or overblown. Fresh but sweet and feminine. I tried this on and a few minutes later at the Mac counter I could smell a dreamy, delicious coconut. I was shocked. I tried me wrist and it was Mercier. I googled the ingredients after purchasing and yep.. Coconut!! It's exactly the rendition of it that I love.

I thought this would be a strictly Amber and Vanilla star, very simple and straight forward which is nice. But no. It's vanilla with a light dash of an almost caramel Amber woven with coconut. It comes across as incredibly pretty and full and sensual. It's one you just smile to smell and will glue your nose to your wrist. I'm so excited to start wearing this daily.

pipergirl
pipergirl

Ambre Vanille has quickly become my most favorite guilty pleasure. So rich, decadent and shamelessly sweet in the opening and so inviting, warm and delicious on the dry down. AV starts off a super sugary sweet floral vanilla and then as it dries down and becomes less sweet hints of coconut and almond blend in along with the sandalwood - sooo good. Love this.

As June7rose suggested below - if you want to extend the longevity layer the edt with the body cream and it will last for 12+ hours.

june7rose
june7rose

If you want something that's just plain sweet and delicious, without a ton of complexity, you can't do better than these Laura Mercier eau de toilettes, and while the spray doesn't last, the body creams do. Combine the two, and you can detect it the next morning. I got a giftset of this scent today which is really the only way to do it if you want multiple products but don't want to be out a couple hundred dollars, this is a good time of year to start finding them. I'm craving the plain vanilla, the almond coconut, and the seasonal golden honey musk also. Notes according to their site:

TOP NOTES: Tangerine, Coconut, Almond
MID NOTES: Tiger Orchid, Milk Flower, Heliotrope
BASE NOTES: Amber, Vanilla Beans, Brown Sugar, Sandalwood

LisaMari
LisaMari

I like the scent of the body cream, you can smell cool coconut in that but its not as strong in the actual pefume which I find too cold and soapy, not nice soapy – theres something harsh and off like cardamom ruining the vanilla

margaritatee
margaritatee

At first i thought 'no,no, too easy', but i have come around. There is a place for easy when it is also lovely. I get a sweet blast of tangerine at the opening which quickly settles to a quieter heliotrope-almond buzz that lasts and lasts. The *feeling* of amber and vanilla are here, even tho not pronounced as notes, giving that creamy, biscuitty vibe in the dry down. I get *occasional* whiffs of play-doh thereafter, but not enough to matter. What is really fun is to layer it with something harder edged. I am combining it with Criminal Elements Hearth, which has heat and bitter woodsmoke. This sharpens up the pretty and takes it to a new place.

miss mills
miss mills

Thanks to the lovely xrayer, I am able to sample this and wear it today. This could've been more aptly named coconut sandalwood, I think! I am not smelling any amber and the vanilla, which isn't listed might just be the heavy coconut that I'm getting.

This is super sweet, coconut and heliotrope dominant and while it is addictive (I keep going in for another sniff!), I'm waiting til the end of the day of a wear to see what lingers. I have tried just now layering one spray with Hypnotic Poison to see what the almond and vanilla brings to the mix, as they have a similar "vibe" but different food notes.

xrayer
xrayer

At first I thought this would be too sweet for me but after only a few minutes the sweetness is tempered by the orchid and heliotrope. It is a very well done creamy, coconutty vanilla, longevity is about 8 hours and the dry down is beautifully warm and comforting. Maybe not ground breaking but lovely all the same.

butterflyblue
butterflyblue

I was buying some make up at Laura Mercier counter at Nordstom. The sales girl smelled so good. I asked her what she was wearing and she showed me this. She said they can't keep it in stock, I bought the last bottle they had.. I feel lucky :)

This is definately a creamy vanilla. Very sensuous.

I didn't think I would like this as much as I do, longenvity has been pretty amazing like 8 + hours.

djuzz.becuzz
djuzz.becuzz

Such a cozy and sweet lovely fragrance :)
On my skin it goes on smelling like white chocolate and dries down like warm, coconut flavoured milk.
It lingers close to the skin, but I keep getting whiffs of this for many hours. Just when I think it's gone it reminds me it's still there.
♥♥♥♥

Tanyaoxo
Tanyaoxo

Very sweet sugary tangerine on me! Reminds me of a grown up version of Katy Perry's Meow. I love it! Sweet and gourmand with the fruit still there, a very warm gourmand with a grown up feel IMO. Settles down into a lovely rich sandalwood. A new favourite for sure! Next on the list is the body creme! <3

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

I get a lot of tangerine and berries from the opening of Laura Mercier Ambre Vanillé. These fruity notes did make me think of Thierry Mugler Innocent and Viva La Juicy a little. These fruits are not the juicy fresh type, but candy flavor like, and they are quite strong and persistent. For the first two hours, the fruits are in the front, while a powdery blend of orchid, vanilla and coconut lays undertone. Later on, the fruits slowly mellows into the sandalwood base, but still remains detectable.

The sillage is moderate and the longevity is at least 8 hours. For me, this is a very playful gourmand fragrance. Towards the drydown, it also has a comforting facet. At the same time, it's quite sweet and sugary. However, I don't find it particularly an amber scent. I'd recommend it as a youthful and fun fruity vanilla fragrance.

pravda48
pravda48

Almost entirely a syrupy vanilla orchid sugar concoction and coconut flake. Like twang of tangerine in the back but really, this is a creamy, syrupy thick sweet orchid scent above all else.

It's pleasant but I already have 2 really gourmand orchid scents. (Madonna's Truth or Dare Naked is a good cheaper alternative!) No FB for me but have worn and enjoyed it several times when craving melt-your-teeth sweetness.

zant
zant

It starts off a little too food-y for my tastes, kind of like the smell of a cupcake bakery. But after 2-3 hours, it turns into this amazing, warm, skin with sandalwood and amber sort of scent with a bit of vanilla. I'm surprised to see neither amber nor vanilla in the notes list, but I definitely get them from this perfume. I would prefer for it to smell the way it does after 2-3 hours all the time, but as it is, Ambre Vanille is not too shabby!

Edit 3/2014: After wearing it more often, I'm noticing that my perception of the notes varies. Some days I pick up on distinctly floral and fruity notes (as well as pure sugar), and some days it's strictly a vanilla/amber/sandalwood to my nose. Either way, it's delightful and surprisingly long-lasting, but definitely one to test out several times before making a decision.

sophiealbarn
sophiealbarn

As I am crazy for amber and vanilla, I was expecting to love this scent. I purchased a sample of it and it is not at all what I expected. I don't get vanilla or amber, at all. It is a bit pungent, strong, certainly not for everyone, but not wholly unpleasant. It is a very distinct scent, which I cannot put my finger on, and one that I would guess would be quite divisive.

Dittnergirl
Dittnergirl

Am I the only one confused by the disparity between the name and the notes of this perfume? First, there is no vanilla listed. Second, there is no amber listed. This is a soft slightly sweet powdery floral confection with a creamy sandalwood base. The orchid plays up strong and the coconut/sandalwood give it a sweet undertone, but don't judge this book by its cover - this is no vanilla amber!

ranchorita
ranchorita

Intensely sweet with very strong orchid. I normally like very strong scents in the Oriental spicy, woody or floral vein, but this was simply too overpowering for me. Maybe it's the vanilla or the combination of accords, but I can't wear this, and I wish it were otherwise.

If you like 3-dimensional vanilla, this one is for you.

dannysmom
dannysmom

I'm so glad to see this has been added to the database. I bought this scent as soon as it came out, after falling in love with the body butter.

First, I'll say that it smells exactly like the body souffle. Not a complex fragrance, but very warm and delicious. The name describes it completely- vanilla and amber. Perfect for cooler weather. Sillage and longevity are good too. Laura Mercier does gourmands well, and this is one of my favorites in her collection.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Laura Mercier Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille by Laura Mercier. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau Gourmande Ambre Vanille by Laura Mercier represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.