Designers » L » Leather « Groups

Cuir 28 Dubai Le Labo for women and men

Cuir 28 Dubai Le Labo for women and men
dislike

leather

Cuir 28 Dubai by Le Labo is a Leather fragrance for women and men. Cuir 28 Dubai was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Nathalie Lorson. The fragrance features leather, vanilla absolute, woody notes, vetiver and musk.

Leather Vanilla Absolute Woody Notes Vetiver Musk

Erok32

Smells like it could be an Encre Noir flanker

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - cannibus vetiver, musk & leather.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the warmer months, during the day.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 24hrs consistently.

#11

landshark321
landshark321

Le Labo Cuir 28 Dubai is mostly refined, semi-dirty, dark leather fragrance that is among the strongest EDP members in the city exclusive line in terms of quality and power of the juice, alongside Poivre 23 London. Cuir 28 is, unsurprisingly, comprised mostly of leather. I get almost a dirty tar vibe out of it, with something slightly sweet to prevent it from getting dirty and earthy in a patchouli way. Still, I'd argue that this is far more to the dirty side than the sweet side, just not wholly committed to dirty. In that respect, it's a little less refined than Tom Ford Tuscan Leather, which I regard as more inviting. I generally don't opt for leather fragrances, but Cuir 28, (like Tuscan Leather or Coach Leatherware No. 3), is one I could wear, and wear often.

Unfortunately, the cost is prohibitive at $290 per 50ml, as with the rest of the city exclusive line. I'll at least defend Cuir 28 in that it has the projection, longevity, and utility to make it more worthwhile than some of the city exclusive line, but it's still almost inaccessible at that price point, specifically when, at $70 cheaper, Tom Ford Tuscan Leather largely accomplishes the same feat. Granted, no one should quibble over price at that point--they should simply get what they want.

7 out of 10

Jack garner
Jack garner

BACKGROUND: I just got the 2015 sample set of the exclusives from LuckyScent and will wear one a day with a review for each - from a male perspective.
Today I'm wearing Cuir 28 to the office.

SCENT: Good lord - the comparison-fest continues on this exclusives line. Well, in the case of Cuir 28 I just can't ignore or avoid a comparison to two of my favourites - Encre Noire and Bois d'Ascese. This is a raunchier EN, finished with the motor oil and burning rubber of Bd'A - surely a winning combination. One female colleague said 'I love it, but it's not as good as Moscow (Benjoin 19)'. So there you go.

OFFICE READY? I got uncommitted compliments and a few impressed quizzical stares as I walked in and colleagues tried to work out if this was a review scent or one I'd worn before. The sillage is moderate - on projection it takes up a bit more of the cashmere wood and ink vibe of EN after it dries down, but nose-on-skin you get a warm and distinct rubber/leather and smoke that makes this a tad more on the masculine end of the spectrum.

NIGHT OUT READY? Um, let's see - raunchy? check. dark? check? will last all night? check.

BETTER THAN THE REGULARS? It's equal to the best of the Le Labo regular line. It's a quality fragrance and a great alternative to Patch 24 or Vetiver 46 for those into their darker woods.

WORTH THE $440 (AU $600)? Well, like I said - why not spritz a bit of the Naomi Goodsir then top-layer it with the Lalique and save your premium dollar for something you can't recreate?

WORTH $240? Sure, I think it's worth inclusion on the regular line at the regular price point. This is a great leather scent - it's not as good a leather as Santal 33, but to be fair, it's a very different take anyway. I would consider buying it at $240.

HIGHLIGHTS: I've already said it all - to me, this is a gentle, moderate sillage marriage of two of my favourite scents. It's well composed, has good longevity and is versatile for work or play.

Iolobach
Iolobach

Patchouli was my first Le Labo encounter, quickly followed by Oud - both of which I wear regularly. I've always longed after the city exclusives waiting for the bi-annual 6 weeks when they become world wide. God knows why? Cuir is an an inoffensive, gentle, clean leather which fades gently over the course of a few hours to an average cologne. On my skin I smell leather, vanilla and white musk. The only thing that happens is the leather fades and the musk/vanilla soldier on forlornly. No dryness, no vetiver whatsoever. A disappointment and as one reviewer has already stated dull. It's a wallflower fragrance, unlike Oud and Patchouli, and not what I'd expect for a) the Le Labo brand and b) the price. I'll stick to tabac blonde and bandit thanks!

I've learned that when it comes to Le Labo, I have to keep my expectations very low so that, sporadically, they could still possibly impress me with some of their fragrances. I approached Cuir 28 (their city exclusive for Dubai) without reading any of the notes provided by the brand so I actually didn't know what to expect. Well, it comes out that Cuir 28 is basically a leathery / synth woody, ambroxan prominent balmy thing that's kind of a mash up between Vetiver 46, Dirty English by Juicy Couture and Gucci Pour Homme I (Tom Ford era) with an extra dose of birch tar, some of the smoky vanilla already found in Patchouli 24 and an overall balmy vibe that's not so distant from certain aspects of Poivre 23.

A solid (and extremely common) accord that while smelling pretty nice adds absolutely nothing new to the table. Offensivley overpriced.

Rating: 6.5/10

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Easily one the nicest leather scents on the market at the moment, at least for the “straightforward leathers” part of the family. What I enjoy more in Cuir 28 is the perfect, “round” simplicity of the leather accord, which has basically nothing around “disturbing” it: it is indeed a bit tending towards freshness more than “dark harsh heaviness” like other leather scents, but overall it smells really bright, realistic, “purely leathery”. There’s vetiver, cedar, darker woody notes to provide a stout base with also a slight medicinal feel (like oud), then spices (cloves), a subtle veil of warm and dusty vanilla adding the right amount of “softness”, the usual aromachemicals used to build leather accords, a sprinkle of bright citrus, and that’s it. These notes are tightly blended to create “the” leather accord par excellence: a sharp, neat, meticulous “figurative” depiction of leather. A really well-balanced scent which is not too harsh, not too dry, not softly suede-ish, not excessively “smoky”, not “openly” synthetic... yet a bit of all of them: just soft, rich, high-quality finished leather. And ironically, Cuir 28 is so austerely simple, that (for the almighty power of “less is more”) it smells more interesting and fascinating than most of other contemporary leathers which almost always try to “add” something to leather (tobacco, fruits, flowers, oud...). It does not resemble to any leather scent; yet it does a bit to all of them, as if it was “a leather of leathers”, a sort of patchwork of all the leather notes taken from all leather scents (I get I am starting to write nonsense, be patient, it’s almost over). Plus, note that “simple” here doesn’t mean minimalistic or thin: Cuir 28 is rich, complex, fulfilling, almost “materic” in its realistic power: it smells solid and full of nice nuances, all perfectly connected to leather. Literally providing that feel you get by wearing and touching your favourite high-quality leather jacket: that warm, “masculine”, elegant, soft feel. It is obviously a bit dark, but dont’ imagine anything gloomy or dry: it’s dark in a warmer, laid-back, yet sophisticated meaning. Anyway: really good. Two flaws: much linear, and quite costly. But a must try for all leather fans.

7,5-8/10

BillyC28
BillyC28

I think this has surpassed Poivre and Vanille as my favorite city exclusive now. I actually WOULD travel the distance to obtain this and not feel bad about it (if my finances permitted, lol).

Cuir 28 is a fantastic, RICH leather scent. Nicely blended with a sharp molasses-like feel. I get the vetiver and detect other "dark" notes, maybe anise or a root beer accord.

I love Patchouli 24 but this is better to me. Patchouli has the leather, smokey vibe and does a good job in the leather category. But Cuir hits me better, the blend is much more full and richer. But definetely can see the 2 being "cousins", they are slightly similar.

cityscape
cityscape

This one is a very unique scent. To me it smells like a campfire.... very smokey and masculine. After the dry down it smells like a salty, smokey, piece of leather with a hint of vanilla. And this works!

IMO, this is a bit too niche as a daily wearer but a very distinct option to have in the rotation. I'd give it a 7.5/10 as the notes are not my personal favorites but it is very distinct and well made.

Kake718
Kake718

My winter go-to, I love the untamed vetiver with it's rough, dry edge, the birch note weaves in and out and the vanilla makes this fragrance an absolute delight to wear, perfect for the office, date, and dancing, depending on amount applied, classic, virile, a modern oriental, I don't see a woman wearing this.

Eeyore III
Eeyore III

I had hoped for “something different” from the hard-to-find “Cuir 28,” one of Le Labo’s restricted-distribution perfumes. I doubt I will ever go to Dubai; I like leathers, especially sweet leathers; so I got some “Cuir 28” samples during a special promotional event. Alas, “Cuir 28” (In a Freudian slip, I keep wanting to call it "Cuir 18.") turned out to be like a rejected vial from early in the “Vetiver 42” creation process: a stripped-down outtake. In it, essentially, a vetiver accord fades to boring vanilla. I would not use the word “leather” to describe any aspect of it. There are some dry-woody/fake-oudy aromachemicals also present, which at least provide a minimal accompaniment to the vanilla accord in the drydown, which might otherwise be excruciatingly banal, but overall, the word that best describes “Cuir 18” is “dull, unimaginative, quotidian, and absolutely uninteresting.” It lacks the delicious vibrancy of its relative “Vetiver 42,” and has none of the cheek of “Oud 27.”

To be sure: “Cuir 18” (There I go.) does not smell affirmatively “bad” in the usual sense; however, it adds nothing whatsoever to the existing universe of perfumes. It is common in conception, perfunctory in execution. Like a tedious uncle at a holiday gathering, who becomes ever more annoying by providing no articulable basis for disliking him, “Cuir 28” is so safe and bland that it ends by being repulsive. Every time I wore it, I wished its longevity was worse.

That a perfume company would deliberately attempt to make something so mundane into a hard-to-find commodity, at least shows a sense of humor. I’ll give Le Labo that much.

My score: 3.5/10

Magic Ketchup
Magic Ketchup

A very medicinal and dry perfume. Not a scent to wear to work, to a date, to school, to the gym, to an important meeting, to hold a baby, but may be good for a walk in the woods or a leather bar, or sitting alone by a window watching the sun scorch the desert. Imagine Patchouli 24 without the sweetness but a stern face.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Le Labo Cuir 28 Dubai fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Le Labo Cuir 28 Dubai, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cuir 28 Dubai by Le Labo. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cuir 28 Dubai by Le Labo represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.