Designers » L » Oriental Woody « Groups

Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women

Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women
dislike

Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Videos
Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Pictures Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Pictures Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Pictures Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Pictures Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Pictures Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Pictures Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Pictures Matière Noire Louis Vuitton for women Pictures

The long-awaited perfume from the luxury French fashion brand Louis Vuitton arrives in September 2016. The creation process took over four years, including establishing the creative atelier Les Fontains Parfumées in Grasse with Jacques Cavallier Belletrud in the position of in-house perfumer. The license belongs to the LVMH company. Les Parfums Louis Vuitton transmit journeys of emotions and aromatic adventures.

Seven luxurious fragrances are presented in the collection: Rose des Vents, Matière Noire, Mille Feux, Apogée, Turbulences, Dans la Peau and Contre Moi.The fragrances are feminine and floral, with names that aim to highlight the emotional narrative rather than the ingredients.

"From the airiness of Rose des Vents to the intoxicating Turbulences, the ecstasy of a first night with Dans la Peau to the mindful immersion in nature with Apogée; from the self-revealing Contre Moi to an exploration of a darker side with Matière Noire and the explosion of the senses with Mille Feux… Les parfums Louis Vuitton describe a journey of the emotions."

Matière Noire is the scent of contrasts, which consists of airy cyclamen, narcissus, jasmine, blackcurrant, patchouli and oud.

The face of the campaign is French actress Léa Seydoux.The bottles are designed by Marc Newson, made of heavy glass to look like minimalist versions of apothecary vials with metal caps featuring the LV emblem. The price of each bottle is $240. The fragrances are available in 100 and 200 ml Eau de Parfum, with additional travel spray set of four x 7.5 ml and a limited edition set of all seven miniatures x 10 ml.

Blackcurrant Syrup Watery Notes

Cyclamen Narcissus Jasmine Sambac Rose

Agarwood (Oud) Patchouli Incense Benzoin

Rose Cut

Matière Noire Fragrance Reviews

ianastar
ianastar

This is an interesting fragrance and I definitely get notes that are not even mention in the description. This reacted very differently on me than it seems to have been for others.

At first I get a very leathery note (which is not listed in the notes) so that is curious. But it quickly dries down to deep, woodsy and incensy note, which I'm guessing comes from the patchouli and the oud.

On the dry down I get more of a burst of citrus and I'm reminded of the smell of a watermelon rind. Crisp and earthy all at once.

The final dry down to me is very reminiscent of Dior's Poison. I think this is a lovely fragrance but not really for me.

orpailleur
orpailleur

The supposed initial fruity note barely comes through, I guess cassis is used here more for the color of the parfume than for its scent.
But Vanni is absolutely right, among the 7 EdP of Vuitton, this is the most mysterious & amazing one ! The balance between the oud and the floral notes is fantastic and surprisingly stable over the time of the lasting effect of this parfume - at least on my skin.

VanniGodfrey
VanniGodfrey

As a huge fan of Louis Vuitton, I really wanted to fall head over heels in love with their fragrance line, but Matière Noire in my opinion is really the only one of them which is truly compelling. To me there is no other more appropriate attribution of a name to a scent: this smells very perplexing and mysterious, comparable somewhat to the strangeness and otherworldliness of Mugler fragrances. It smells like something from another galaxy. It's hard for me to place its accords: it smells somewhat fruity, with a vibe similar to the top notes of Armani's Sì, and has an underlying heaviness of pitch black oud and incense. Looking at the notes it makes a whole lot more sense, but I can't really identify them independently. The combination is so beautiful, yet challenging. Upon first smell it's not a particularly friendly smell, but with a little more familiarity it transports you to another time and space. Projection is decent---not too overbearing or too weak---and longevity is also outstanding.

An oddity this one is, extraordinary and alluring. Possibly a new all time favorite!

oman1234
oman1234

Great Job By LV

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

For an oud scent this one is light as air. Its pretty and fresh which is a plus, but on the other hand it disappears quickly and not very original. Thumbs sideways on this one, but considering the price, thumbs slightly down.

Michael1962
Michael1962

Watered down slightly greener and fruitier version of Tom Ford Noir de Noir minus the oakmoss base.
Nice but not outstanding with no real wow factor.
I would take Noir de Noir everytime over this.
In fact the whole new Louis Vuitton range seem very pale and insipid for the exorbitant prices that they are asking.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

In essence, the first hour of Matière Noire on my skin is a sugary, fruity red rose, but the interplay between secondary and tertiary notes makes an intriguing exercise: streaks of rubbery oud, a handful of green, earthy, dust-like patchouli and cassis, the later even provides a touch of warm animalicness and some jamminess of natural ripen fruits, even a fleck of fizzy incense woodsiness or ginger-like watery spiciness occasionally popping up, all handled with elegance and translucency, a recurring pattern of these new LV fragrances.

Unfortunately, the dry down on my skin doesn't seem to inherit the dynamic of the opening. The peripheral notes soon die down, leaving only ripen yet sharp cassis and clean patchouli to assist the now dusty sugary rose, which then soon turns fruity jammy and swallows the patchouli and cassis whole. The overall effect is of the dry down of conventional, friendly, even limpid rose patchouli.

The sillage is soft, and the longevity is around 9 hours. With the addition of oud and its manifesting in the opening, Matière Noire does seem a bit darker than the rest of the collection, but overall, it's still relatively bright and translucent. I thoroughly enjoyed the lively opening and would recommend it as an pleasant, modern fruity rose patchouli, but I can't help thinking that, there are also other fragrances with a less steep price, having more character or offer a similar understated elegance.

Scentmad
Scentmad

I took delivery of my LV Matière Noire fragrance with a couple of samples of the new range thrown in.

The packaging is utterly sublime if a little OTT. If you've seen love actually and the scene in the department store you'll know what I mean. But I do feel spoilt.

Matière Noire opened with a rather generic and disappointing Aqua note (I detest Aqua frags - sorry) but (and thank God) settled within a few minutes to a floral, powdery yet spicy confection. I say confection because I feel like I've been dusted with icing sugar. This is really really REALLY good juice on my skin.

It usually takes me several attempts to fall for a fragrance but right out if the blocks (plus the few minutes I mentioned) and I'm loving it.

So the opening is something I dismissed. Followed by a sweet trance inducing aroma that is beautifully feminine.

Really classy.

MysticRose
MysticRose

Upon spraying this I was overwhelmed with a rich, intoxicating woody note that made me exclaim OUD! It was mystical, sensual and very sexy but that period was fleeting and once the oud died down I was left with a smoky floral concoction whose potency was depleting every minute. If the lifetime of the fragrance was like the opening then this would have been a winner but sadly on my skin it suffered a premature death.

Calvini
Calvini

One would think this is another rose & oud fragrance, but don't be alarmed.. This is not even as good as that lol

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Louis Vuitton Matière Noire fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Louis Vuitton Matière Noire, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Matière Noire by Louis Vuitton represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.