Designers » M » Aromatic Spicy « Groups

Vanille Marine M. Micallef for women
dislike

marine
Vanille Marine M. Micallef for women Pictures

Vanille Marine by M. Micallef is an Aromatic Aquatic fragrance for women. This is a new fragrance. Vanille Marine was launched in 2012.

The Art Collection Vanille, described as by Micallef as a "four-movement symphony on the theme of Vanilla" combines sweet vanilla with notes of the leather, oriental, floral and aquatic fragrance families. Fragrances in the Vanille collection feature high-quality natural oil of Bourbon vanilla from Madagascar.

Vanille Marine is the aquatic-themed fragrance of the collection, evoking vanilla covered with sea spray. Top notes are lemon and black currant; middle notes are vanilla, white flowers and sea water; base notes are benzoin, musk and woody notes. The nose behind this fragrance is Jean-Claude Astier.

Lemon Black Currant

Vanilla White Flowers Sea water

Benzoin Musk Woody Notes

Biancolatte

Vanille Marine Fragrance Reviews

lilalina
lilalina

Not very vanille-ry. Very musky soapy floral. Fresh and cold sense to it. Very clean scent. Like you just got out of the ocean-fresh. I do not detect a prominent vanille note.

svetlana.kogan.73
svetlana.kogan.73

Even though rose is not listed as one of the notes, I sense so much intense Bulgarian rose in this fragrance in the opening. It outshadows citrus and Aqua notes for me. The perfume is very round and creamy thanks to the tonka bean and vanille. It has an amazing longevity - I wore it on my wrists alone and kept smelling it all day long. The sillage is strong - a taxi driver asked me what I was wearing. Unfortunately, I am not a strong rose lover and so will not be buying a full size. A beautiful, feminine and complex daytime scent though..

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

A surprisingly good, smooth, mellow vanilla-floral scent, light and bright, delicate, refined, full of grace. The "marine" part is a little light blue note of calone which is there, but really "hiding" behind the rest: just a bit of "azure" breeze vanishing into this general satin whiteness. So for once, calone does not smell shit, but instead it fits the composition. The images that come to mind are possibly the most clichés of all - think of white linen sheets and sea breeze (and some candies – the vanilla, you know). Still, the scent is pleasant and totally compelling: it's simple, quite linear, a bit close to skin but terribly versatile, as this sort of minimalistic, clean whiteness of vanilla, flowers and sea can be both elegant and relaxed, so it may work in basically any circumstance. Really well done.

7,5/10

Cereza
Cereza

"Vanille Marine" is surprisingly smooth vanilla perfume. I'll admit that I enjoyed wearing it even though I'm almost never enjoying aquatic or overly musky scents.
The thing about "Vanille Marine" is that it is AQUATIC, but in the common sense, you won't get the salty sea note nor watery "almost nothing" note, you'll get the sensation of being in a sandy beach. Vanilla at the opening is simply exquisit - creamy, utterly sweet and completely light (not than non existant or so, but simply complete opposite to most dark/smoky vanillas). Very feminine and subtle. The 'breezy' sea note adds such an interesting edge, I think even though this is feminine, a male could also easily wear this.
Heart part brings some fruityness, but it still concentrates on being an easy-breezy vanilla. When it starts to approach the drydown the sea note dissapears completely and vanilla is accomponied with musk, the musk in "Vanille Marine" is very white and clean, I have to admit I did enjoy it, but not as much as the opening and heart part.

Silage is good, but staying power unfortunately is dissapointing - merely 4 hours on my skin.

Worth a try though.

When I lived in the Westwood area of Los Angeles for one year (yeah, I know), I was accosted on multiple occasions by the local Scientology book pushers, which started to make me wonder whether I might look as though I were in need of deliverance or help with some sort of existential crisis. Why me? I found myself asking inside my mind as I declined the proselytizer's vain attempts to woo me into their little corner of the wacky world of metaphysics, broadly construed.

I remember this today in part because for some strange reason I have been plied with countless vanilla perfume samples of late. Do I seem like a vanilla perfume user? A potential vanilla perfume user? Or is it just that more vanilla perfumes are being produced these days than any other kind? Whatever the answer to this mystery may be, I figured that I'd be able to make short order of a small sample of Micallef Vanille Marine this evening, right before my bath.

To put this pessimism in context, bear in mind that I often pick up blind bottles from the house of Molinard, which tends to make simple but pleasing perfumes to my nose. One entry in their line-up which I have always steered clear of is Vanille Marine. Yes, the same name as this Micallef, and the combination just sounds so discordant to me, on top of the fact that I'm not a huge vanilla perfume aficionado (though I do love L'Artisan Parfumeur Vanille Absolument), and I have serious problems with aquatic scents in general. The word 'marine' naturally makes me think of aquatic, instantly inducing a Pavlovian-generated sense of malaise and queasiness.

So I donned Micallef Vanille Marine fully expecting to be taking my night's bath sooner, not later, and what I have found is that, in fact, it does not smell bad. It's not really aquatic after all. The "marine" facet is more like the musk used in some of the Montale perfumes, most notably Ginger Musk, which truth be told is not my favorite Montale, but on the other hand I don't find it to be a scrubber either. There is something slimy about the musk, but it manages to remain just this side of the wearable-unwearable divide, which I hasten to add is very different from the buy-don't buy divide... Not something that I would necessarily or even probably seek out to wear, but also nothing that I shudder at or simply cannot bear.

Vanille Marine offers that same musk note with the sweetness of vanilla. Basically, in place of the ginger of Ginger Musk, what we have here is vanilla. Not for me, but I think that anyone who likes that kind of musk might really enjoy this perfume.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about M. Micallef Vanille Marine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about M. Micallef Vanille Marine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanille Marine by M. Micallef. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanille Marine by M. Micallef represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.