Designers » M » Floral « Groups

Flower Market Maison Martin Margiela for women
dislike

tuberose
Flower Market Maison Martin Margiela for women Pictures

The house of Martin Margiela is launching a brand new collection of fragrances called Replica, as an addition to the Replica fashion line. The collection of fragrances consists of three perfumes for women named Flower Market, Beach Walk and Funfair Evening. Each of them triggers a characteristic memory and is accompanied with a cotton label describing its provenance.

Perfumers who were invited to participate in creation of the new collection are Jacques Cavallier and Marie Salamagne.

The first fragrance of the collection, Flower Market is built around floral notes of freesia, Grasse rose petals, Sambac jasmine and tuberose.

The fragrances are poured into classical, simple bottles similar to those in apothecaries, while their outer carton is illustrated with a photograph reflecting the topic of each of the fragrances.

All three perfumes will be available starting from the end of June 2012, as 100 ml eau de toilette.

Green Leaves Freesia

Jasmine Sambac Egyptian Jasmine Tuberose Rose de Mai

Peach Cedar Oakmoss

Peony

Flower Market Fragrance Reviews

adele l
adele l

It's extremely pleasant, certainly, but not at all reminiscent of a flower market...the prohibitively expensive byredo tulipe wins that category. Not really experiencing the freesia notes here, mainly a jasmine skin scent. Beach walk is definitely my first pick from this house

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

This seemed like a winner as it possesses so many floral notes that I so love and at first spray it was gorgeous!
I do have a severe problem with longevity and sillage but this didn't last but five minutes and disappeared.
Another MM disappointment.

Neosmiaphyte
Neosmiaphyte

I love florals and cedar/oakmoss base notes, so I thought I would love this. After using a tester, I was severely disappointed! It is cloying and synthetic. It smelled like a cheap 90s body spray. I didn't get to the base notes, as I scrubbed it off due to the monstrous headache it was giving me.

kbot
kbot

This is the second Replica that has disappointed me. I expected to love this and Beach Walk and both are no more than very pretty body splashes that last about an hour--definitely not worth the price tag! Definitely one to test before buying. If it lasts longer on you, it is a lovely floral bouquet with predominantly rose and jasmine.

msmariagomez
msmariagomez

Beautiful scent, it smells like you put your face in a bouquet of the most amazing flowers.

It can be a little one-dimensional, but that is what I love about it! Its just flowers and nothing more! The scent is so lovely it doesn't really need any supporting notes.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

This is a pretty and fresh floral. There is nothing special about it, but it is romantic. It doesn't smell overly realistic, just like pink flowers.

Amyoppy
Amyoppy

I wanted to love this so much that I ended up blind buying a bottle that is currently en route to me. In the meantime, I was able to sample this yesterday and ugh . . . . . HUGE dislike. Nothing fresh or crisp about this. To me it smells exactly like Anais Anais (of which I am not a fan). Not long lasting either. Cant wait for my bottle to arrive and be sent RIGHT BACK

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

The opening of Flower Market almost lives up to its name: bouquets of fresh rose and jasmine, with the verdancy of their leaves and stems, and the peppery nuance of their stamens. The freesia accentuates the dewy, fresh impression while tuberose lurks underneath enhancing the floral suavity. Unfortunately, a synthetic, volatile note crashes this flower party, pushing the scent into a sharp artificiality.

After about 2 hours, this synthetic note finally fades away, and the fragrance turns into a watery, fresh rose with subtle nuance of berries and peach. It then remains this young, fresh rose till the end.

The sillage is moderate to soft, and the longevity is around 5 hours. As a clean, fresh floral, Flower Market is quite versatile and inoffensive, but I'd suggest testing before buying due to the presence of the synthetic note during the opening.

Maison71
Maison71

This smelled great on the test strip at Sephora, but on my skin it turns into a nasty sour plastic floral within ten minutes. Thankfully it doesn't last much longer than that.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

Increadibly beautiful, feminine and soft but o so soft.... I get mainly rose and tuberose for about 30 minutes , and then it is gone.
The saleslady was so kind to fill me up a full size sample from the tester which I used in one go!
This was on my wish list for some time but I am so disappointed in the longevity I just know I am not going to spend my hard earned money on it.

Tovah
Tovah

If you like heady, dreamy florals you must give this a sniff. It's incredible. It has the realistic vibe of scents like La Haie Fleurie, A La Nuit, La chasse aux papillons...so real you expect to sneeze! I think it's striking, powerful, and masterfully blended. Very very beautiful. For my nose this is all about tuberose, and I LOVE tuberose.

Anvil_of_the_Sun
Anvil_of_the_Sun

At first sniff, I was impressed by this: the overall impression was of a fresh green floral rather like a more serious 'Italian tailored' version of Diorissimo - no muguet listing, but that's how it comes across. But the dry-down is very disappointing: the light, 'natural' feel goes and you're left with a very persistent set of synthetic notes. I tried this with (Untitled) from this house, and they both have this drawback. If you're tempted by this, be sure to give it a full skin test right through dry-down before you buy!

akio
akio

It smells (almost) like Gucci Gracious Tuberose on my skin but less fruity peach. It's not so special or "wow, it's strange. It's totally Maison Martin Margiela", but not so bad, not so loud. I like it, but I can't say I love it.

Belkolisa
Belkolisa

My first impression was there was lily-of-the-valley here but now that I see the notes it's not mentioned. I wonder what was that a little bitter flowery note at the beginning then?

FoxyVixen
FoxyVixen

I don't know why people doesn't like this fragrance but I do love it! It smells just like freshly cut flower after a morning dew. The same smell you get when you enter a flower market. Very floral, but not the "annoying floral" kind. Perfect for daywear.

hadassa
hadassa

This is another instance of an attractive marketing concept and a very mediocre scent. It is certainly not bad! It is soft and nice, mainly jasmine and freesia, but not really beautiful either.

The name sets high hopes on this one :)
Oh well, it does not smell like a flower market at all.

Another safe common unnatural flower scent. Kind of fresh, not too sweet, not memorable, and again, not bad.

Edit: poor longevity on my skin.

Probably the "best" of the lot. A subtle and trasnparent floral which might do fine during summer. Not particularly interesting and lacking a real bone structure but if you like light modern florals, give it a chance. Inoffensive, sort of generic yet somewhat decent. Me? Pass...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Maison Martin Margiela Flower Market fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Maison Martin Margiela Flower Market, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Flower Market by Maison Martin Margiela. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Flower Market by Maison Martin Margiela represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.