Designers » M » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Aoud Black Candy Mancera for women and men

Aoud Black Candy Mancera for women and men
dislike

Aoud Black Candy Mancera for women and men Pictures

Aoud Black Candy by Mancera is a Oriental Vanilla fragrance for women and men. Aoud Black Candy was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale. Top notes are licorice and mint; middle notes are amber and rose; base notes are sweet notes and white musk.

Licorice Mint

Amber Rose

Sweet Notes White Musk

Lolita Lempicka

Aoud Black Candy Fragrance Reviews

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

Aoud Black Candy opens as a sharp yet sweet Licorice with a hint of Mint. I get the Amber as the Rose falls behind allowing the Rose to take first place; there is White musk that lingers but really doesn't take over, shows up every now and again.

The verdict is still out about this one as I am still trying to wrap my mind around it. I like it and will give it a full wearing. I was a little taken back by the fingernail polish remover/varnish smell on the opening spray (don't let this disturb you), this does indeed vanish VERY quickly. Has an airy fleeting vibe that hangs in the air...

As an initial dry down, you walk away with this sweet Aoud, slightly medicinal, yet dry minty Licorice aroma that's really nice!!

....Great fragrance...there is a mild powderiness that is not over powering yet noticeable. This fragrance is very unique and lovely!! I think this will be in my wardrobe for years to come!

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

This is a light licorice/sweet perfume with a little minty/flowery opening. The mint scent is not not a scent but more like a little cool feel around the top notes. When it settles (in about one hour) the licorice remains and the Oud /musk come out. Yes there is Oud here, but it is soft and tamed. There just enough Oud to blend well with the overall scent of this fragrance but not to dominate it. I can smell it more so during the dry-down and on my skin the morning after wearing it (if I don't remove the perfume before going to bed). Its function is to add a very light smokiness/woodiness behind the licorice. I can detect it well and clearly, unlike other reviews have stated. As Madrona says, this perfume is not overly licorice sweet nor Oud/musk dark. It walks between these two extremes.

I don't smell the amber at all. I think, like the Oud , it contributes to the aggregate scent of the perfume by adding sweetness without making this an amber perfume. I do smell a flower note at the opening but it fades away within the hour.

This is not a Mancera bomb like some of the darker Oud perfumes in the Mancera lineup. This is a subdued juice, befitting of occasions and places where you have to get close to people. If it was stronger on the licorice and Oud departments it would be total love for me. Not full love, but nonetheless, I like and enjoy it. Girls at work love it. It don't perceive much projection but people who walk by me smell it beyond my personal bubble. I can smell it at skin level for 6 - 8 hours.

Just a minor note. Like its brother, Aoud Cafe, Aoud Black Candy hits me with a little celery smelling opening which quickly goes away (within 5 minutes). I also disagree the Mancera perfumes are like Montale's. Yes , there are some strong ones here but in general I find Mancera using Oud in a different way (to blend in and shape the smell of the perfume without becoming Oud dominant).

Madrona
Madrona

Not black enough nor candy enough for me personally. The oud is most certainly there, as is the liquorice, but it just doesn't tickle me the right way. Still, it's not a dislike, but I expected more from this one. It's less black and more dark gray, if that makes sense.

pravda48
pravda48

On/to me this opens with an extremely odd, cool, green salty burst of freshly snapped celery. From there it begins to move towards a tart black cherry candy coating, but it stays somehow thin, watery, perhaps like a low sugar cherry juice drink instead of the warm, spicy sweet licorice I expected. The far drydown (6+hrs later) is a slight warm vanilla skinscent.

I was hoping for licorice vs cherry, so I'm disappointed and find this underwhelming either way. I haven't had much luck w/ Manceras so far though, so it might be my chemistry mixing badly w/ their house base.

Buysblind
Buysblind

Not nearly as over-the-top or saccharine as I had warily expected. Aoud Black Candy is sort of the snappier, watery counterpart to Lolita Lempicka Au Masculin. It's crisp--a bright woody licorice note with a candied flavor and some very mild tones of rose floating in the background. Performance is solid, and I was surprised by its polite, relatively restrained level of projection. Other people will certainly smell it, but Aoud Black Candy is in no way an obnoxious attention-whore. It's not an Oud fragrance either, so you can forget about that. If anything, this release by Mancera reminds me of an updated, sharper and more sophisticated version of Body Kouros. The bottle is much prettier as well. Altogether an enjoyable, easy wear and worth checking out for fans of licorice notes and fragrances with a sweet side. I like this one a lot.Thumbs up.

mrsg34
mrsg34

This is a lovely, sweet perfume but not sickly so as I find some others on the market.It should however be called Black Candy and drop the "Oud" as it isn't in there in the notes and certainly not to my nose. I do however get the most lovely, strong liquorice for a good half an hour then I get the toffee notes, mint and amber mixed with woodsy aromas. It's very unique and interesting and I really, really like it! It's a grown up, sweet gourmand with fantastic silage and longevity and is obviously very well made. I think I need to explore this house in more depth.

Steleale

My second review: the licorice is very prominent at the beginning and half an hour later it becomes softer. The frag is very interesting, unique, sweet, woody and i detect a soapy note on my skin...supreme scent, but IMO is more appreciable in winter time.

Steleale

Could someone please let me know why is it called 'Aoud' Black Candy? There is no aoud mentioned in the ingredients list...please answer to me!
The scent is gorgeous: sweet, woody and spicy at the same time, no cloying, very very interesting. I like it at all on my wish list.

ChanelGrifsha
ChanelGrifsha

I just bought this perfume and i have to admit it was "love with the first smell" :). It's exactly as i like perfumes strong, woody and discrete.
It remembers me my great mother, she used to put the yellow flowers in her closet and i think it has yellow flowers in this fragrance.
Licorice mixed with white musk rose and amber inside make it very special.
I would strongly recommend this fragrance to everyone who likes strong and long lasting perfumes.

Allen-at-home
Allen-at-home

Should have been called ROSE Candy. I have to admit Aoud Black Candy opens with a very nice, true, black licorice note. I think blending rose and licorice together is an interesting idea, and the rose is quite prominent, all the way through the drydown. The top notes are wonderful, the base notes are tolerable, but the heart of it, that rose-amber accord, is a deal-breaker. I don’t like rose, and I really don't care for amber. Replacing the amber with cocoa (not chocolate, but cocoa, as in the original Dior Homme), might have saved this fragrance, enhancing both the rose and the licorice. But as it is, thumbs down.

daisyM
daisyM

The notes, from Mancera site:
HEAD NOTES

Sparkling Grapefruit & Bergamot, Breath of Spices.

HEART NOTES

Leaves of Patchouly, Floral & Amber Notes.

BASE NOTES

Vetyver, Sensual White Musk, Precious Sandalwood & Cedarwood.

Definitely no mint, and licorice is not explicitely mentioned.

Redpula
Redpula

What made this stands out is how licorice, rose, mint, amber, musk and vanilla were blended not to be too sweet and powdery while enjoying an above average projection, longevity with added creamy feel to it. A perfect cold weather wearing, a really good smell with max 3 sprays. The only negative side on me is to never wear more than a spray when travelling as it add more agony to my motion sickness ailment.

Cochlea
Cochlea

I was inspired by Lolita Lempicka to look for more of the licorice/anise note in perfumes. I would not say that it is gourmand scent, the sweetness and spiciness is well balanced here in my opinion. It is a very nice adult gourmand scent. The licorice, rose and amber was what attracted me to Black Candy.
The first spray on my skin was very fresh, green and medicinal then it calmed down a little bit. I sense oud, I think its a fantasy accord. After a period of time I sensed the rose, the rose is beautiful and creamy with warm amber.
The name is not misleading, on my skin I get the oud. The sillage and longevity are both very good! Black Candy is a very nice scent.

alberto1964
alberto1964

Particular scent with reminiscent of liquorice. I do not know if I can wear it but I think I'd much about others.

miaou
miaou

My husband said: WOW, WHAT A GREAT FRAGRANCE! (that's a super-duper men's compliment cause i own and wear over 100 fragrances and usually he doesn't care). This fragrance doesn't feel oud-y, but it definitely has some undescribable oriental notes, and i don't feel liquorice also (oud and liquorice were the two things i wanted to find so much in this fragrance - that's a pity). The strange thing also is that i feel some subtle soapiness here, like in chloe-type mainstream rosy fragrances, which i don't like. Anyway, this is very interesting, but not bottleworthy for me.
p.s. This fragrance reminds me of the smell in some shoe stores - clean, sweet, and a little plasticky.

missdior1972
missdior1972

Gorgeous scent, I always get loads of compliments when I wear it. It's not quite as strong as some of the other Mancera scents, as I have to reapply throughout the day but I still love it.

harlemmal
harlemmal

Very pleasant scent. Smells like bond's Harrods Patcholli oud

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mancera Aoud Black Candy fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mancera Aoud Black Candy, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Aoud Black Candy by Mancera. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Aoud Black Candy by Mancera represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.