Designers » M » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

L`ile Bleue Manuel Canovas for women

L`ile Bleue Manuel Canovas for women
dislike

L`ile Bleue by Manuel Canovas is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for women. L`ile Bleue was launched in 2007. Top notes are sage, apricot, sicilian mandarin, orange, peach, bergamot, turkish rose and sicilian lemon; middle notes are patchouli, sandalwood and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are siam benzoin, amber and white musk.

Sage Apricot Sicilian Mandarin Orange Peach Bergamot Turkish Rose Sicilian Lemon

Patchouli Sandalwood Lily-of-the-Valley

Siam Benzoin Amber White Musk

Angel Face
Romance

L`ile Bleue Fragrance Reviews

aspirina
aspirina

Chypre,cold, a bit masculine. Huge dose of vetiver and cedar?. It reminds me of Paloma Picasso. You have to like green chypre perfumes to enjoy this scent.

lepalm
lepalm

This opens as an aromatic citrus and dries down to a modern fruity chypre. Many people, including me, are getting these Manuel Canovas perfumes from TJ Maxx and Marshalls. All of them are lovely and well made and well worth the $9.99 price tags.

Hollie
Hollie

I concur with Mapache's review.

If this is your style, there's nothing wrong with this perfume. The price is right and the quality seems pretty good. The packing and bottle are commendable too. I was a little disappointed because the description above was not even close for me, minus "citrus" and "aromatic". For me there are no balsamic,warm spicy or powdery notes. To be fair, this style of perfume never smells as good on my skin as it does on others. Most definitely Unisex.

I will be returning this one as well ( see my review on Pink Riviera.) Just don't see myself wearing it. My favorite, that I've smelled, so far in this collection is the Route Mandarine...now that one is warm and spicy! If I can find the the other two in this line I will give them a try as well....I can't remember which one but one of them has really intriguing reviews and notes. Really though, the price is unbeatable to not give them a try. ( $9.99 at TJ Maxx)

mapache
mapache

This is for sure a citrus aromatic...however...during the wearing of this scent....a see a vintage vibe as well as a chypre green side peeking in and out. I find the scent sweetish at times also. I can see/feel this as unisex too. For $9.99 at TJ Maxx....why not ?!
I am eager to try out a couple of other of this lines scents....Ballad Verte and Route Mandarine sound tempting. Overall, I am enjoying this scent.

celebrity89
celebrity89

Nothing feminine about this one. Smells like men's colognes from the 1960's, in fact it smells exactly like the Mr. Bubbles foam soap in the aerosol can (original formula) from my childhood. It had a clean/soapy fragrance.

Suzybee
Suzybee

@Fragrance Lover 30: Good description of a "wood hope chest being opened for the first time in a few years." That's the same smell I get from Ballade Verte with fresh red rose petals inside.

I almost picked up this fragrance but I've been thinking that the more I collect, the less chance I have of opting to wear the ones I adore. The thought of my perfumes out living me is quite scary. I've acquired 90 bottles in less than a year.

Food for thought: Amount of sprays (approx.) you get in each bottle of perfume.

200 ml or 6.7 oz = 2940 sprays
100 ml or 3.4 oz = 1470 sprays
75 ml or 2.5 oz = 1075 sprays
50 ml or 1.7 oz = 735 sprays
30 ml or 1.0 oz = 430 sprays
.27 oz = 120 sprays

Fragrance Lover 30
Fragrance Lover 30

Making my usual rounds at Marshall's looking to see if there was anything new... saw this really pretty blue flowery box and a perfume I've never heard of. Price was reasonable so I blind bought it. First impressions, it smells "Old Timey" to my nose. Not a derogatory term, just literally a perfume of yester year. A bit of spiciness, including touches of geranium. There were a few others for sale by this same designer, and I am admittedly curious about those. English translation of L'ile Bleue is "Blue Island", but I do not find this fragrance to be 'Island' feeling in it's tone. The photo for this perfume looks like a pale blue/clear liquid, but in real life it is actually a light yellow color. Just FYI, according to the box, this is in fact made in France has an ingredient list that I actually recognized words from including geraniol, citronellol, amyl cinnamal and coumarin. Gives the impression of the smell of the inside of a wood hope chest being opened for the first time in a few years. I do not necessarily pick up the fruit top notes as they are listed, but your experience may be different. I don't really care for it.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Manuel Canovas L`ile Bleue fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Manuel Canovas L`ile Bleue, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify L`ile Bleue by Manuel Canovas. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of L`ile Bleue by Manuel Canovas represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.