Designers » M » Oriental Floral « Groups

Decadence Marc Jacobs for women

Decadence Marc Jacobs for women Videos
Decadence Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Decadence Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Decadence Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Decadence Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Decadence Marc Jacobs for women Pictures

Marc Jacobs presents Decadence, his first "mature" fragrance in 2015. Each of his pillar fragrances represents a distinctive character: Daisy is a sweet girl next door, Lola is quirky, and Decadence is sexy and sophisticated.

The rich and elegant composition was created in collaboration with perfumer Annie Buzantian. The top notes include Italian plum, saffron and iris. Bulgarian rose, Sambac jasmine and orris root form the heart of the perfume, while the base includes warm liquid amber, vetiver and papyrus wood.

The bottle design, which is a "personal talisman” of the designer as a symbol of opulence and glamour, is reminiscent of an emerald green handbag with python pattern, gold chain and black tassel. The face of the campaign shot by Steven Meisel is Adriana Lima.

The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum.

Decadence was created by Annie Buzantian and Ann Gottlieb.

Plum iris Saffron

The Queen of Spades Classic

Decadence Fragrance Reviews

Rosepowdery
Rosepowdery

A star is born fragrance.
My sister' s favourite. We were in a quite big club together and she wore Marc Jacobs Decadence. We werent together all the time but I could trace her by this smell. When I tried it before on my skin it was too heavy for me but in the club that night I realized that it is wonderful to be around the person who is wearing it and it is really great scent. It is so unique, deep dark but fresh somehow. I didnt give a real chance to this fragrance. It doesnt matter because it´ s my sister ´s fragrance now. I have two sisters and we never wear the same fragrances.

natfragrant

I know what this wanted to be.
- & that's the unfortunate part. It changed on me after a month of wearing largely because of its overbearing plummy sweetness; this is what I believe makes this fragrance particularly sensitive to skin pH and thus unfitting for most. That pesky pH such a mercurial element, as we all know...
So it goes, I started getting a feline note within the second month of wearing this and rushed to scrub it off. Keep in mind, this is after LOVING it initially. Bizarre, no?
Well, there you have it. Fantastic if this works for you though. But beware of its temperament! Or should I say...your olfactory/derma state of mind.
The body is our temple. :)

alleycatseyes
alleycatseyes

I get the plum... I don't find anything about it mature, the plums new..

daegwynn.1
daegwynn.1

Somebody mentioned its similarity to La Nuit Tresor and oh my was that person right! The similarity is striking on my skin. Decadence is La Nuit minus the chocolate. So if you don't find Decadence not decadent enough, try LNT. That one also has better longevity. Btw this is NOT a negative review!!! I've always found LNT a bit too gourmand, bar addictive, and now that I've tried Decadence I'm seriously considering a purchase!

It's a mysterious, mature, powerful scent best for autumn
/winter or sultry summer nights. Possibly work appropriate and will definitely give one a confidence boost.

I'm neither knocked off me feet nor hateful regarding the bottle. It's tacky, but definitely original and I LOVE the colour!

Longevity + sillage both 7 out of 10 for me, I'd have expected something better. I get around 5-6 hours, but it lasts well on clothes.

A strong like, perhaps a love even!

Le parfum c'est chic
Le parfum c'est chic

I was so surprise to like this perfume. I really hate the tacky bottle. In a handbag bottle, I was expecting to smell a sweet girlie perfume. I was wrong. Yes, the opening notes are a little bit sirupy (it's the plum note) but it's does not last longer. The saffron note give it a spicy note and the vetiver base note bring a masculine vibe to this perfume. A nice and unexpected surprise.

appleorchard
appleorchard

It's very sharp and rough. But clean. I kinda like the harsh spiciness, if thats what you're into. Mind you, this could EASILY pass as men's cologne.

tina_86s
tina_86s

If you like sweet, powdery and woody notes - this is your soulmate perfume.
I am so in love. At first I was not so sure, because I was only reading rewieves and i decide to buy it. This is more than i expect. Longlasting and it smell perfect after few hours.

DELICIOUSME
DELICIOUSME

BABYBEAR1910
BABYBEAR1910

Absolutely Amazing just a pity it doesn’t have staying power.

Sillage 7/10
Longevity 5/10

m-hani
m-hani

سلام سلام
خانمای عزیز بلاشک بدون هیچ تردیدی این عطر رو بدون امتحان بخرید و لذتشو ببرید

Rida L
Rida L

In short: dislike at first, then like it a lot

I dislike sweet scents so didn't enjoy the first spray of Decadence. But after smelling more and more fragrances I went to Sephora again to try it and then found it OUTSTANDING among other floral perfumes. I started to love the deep and rich amber and it calms me down.

To my nose, the middle & base notes smell much better than the top and there's a milky vibe in the dry down.It can easily last more than 12 hrs on my skin. Perfect as a night fragrance and it's more like a gourmand one to me.

It also gets good reviews from guys - they said it smelled seductive.

Tips for test:
-It smells better on skin than on testing strips (if there's the right chemistry), and when the scent lingers in the air.
-Be patient for the dry down!

P.S. I've tried her younger sis - Divine Decadence too, and my friends & I prefer the original one.

onlyonemorgan
onlyonemorgan

It's a little too generic for me to love, but I do like this perfume. It's got some weird intoxicating quality to it that's at once cheap and somehow sort of sophisticated. It's like what grandma would wear if she turned tricks. I guess that works for someone my age (late 20s)? The sweetness in it reminds me a bit of nitrous oxide. It's very chemically sweet. I get a lot of jasmine and amber out of this one as well. Got a rollerball to test it out, and while I don't know if I'll buy it again (I prefer more natural perfumes), I definitely won't mind using it up.

ARNR
ARNR

I was expecting to hate this based on the votes here in Fragrantica, but the honest truth is that I like it. For some reason (it might be my inexperienced and untrained nose) it smells like a clean almost soapy version of Lancome Nuit Tresor. All in all, I think I will give it a fair shot.

Janlaw
Janlaw

For such a cute bottle what a sorry-a** scent. Indistinct, forgettable and sharp.

dglightblue
dglightblue

Hmmm decandence indeed!

I pushed dislike as this isn't horrible but yee god if you wear it you might feel the same as you do if you eat too much then try to push dessert down afterwards.

This is like thick syrupy sugary fruit sorbet, cheesecake thick. If you want a big fruits creamy sorbet banger this is it. If you smell a cooler fragrance then this one you'll get a bit of caramel come out.

I don't get any woods or deeper notes...

Great longevity, good sillage arms length

OK HERE WE GO, NOW ITS DECADENT, NOW 11pm AND ITS PERFECT. SPRAYED 5hours ago, that sweet syrupy sugar is gone and now I get the accords mentioned

hyoid666
hyoid666

A pretty traditional “dark” scent for women. Maintains itself strongly for several hours without wavering, which is a pro and a con as there are no apparent additional underlying scents accompanying it. Distinct plumb, which makes the perfume a good “night time” scent, really suitable for a nightclub or when ya wanna get down and dirty wit cha. 6.5/10

del.blanco.garcia.sofia
del.blanco.garcia.sofia

I am not a fan of fruity and flowery scents which is somewhat the signature of Marc Jacobs. None of his super sweet and flowery perfume line really interested me, but this.

I first sampled it in a perfume store and could not let it go. I first researched about it and the description says it is among the first in their "mature" scents. Comparing this with other MJ scents, it is indeed the most mature and sophisticated. Not the ones that young girls would prefer to wear.
I cannot quite describe the smell but it was powdery, cold yet sweet scent that kinds of make you feel like you are glowing with winter scent. Kind of perfume that will not ward off the audience because of its too strong musky odor. If any, it seems to be that scent that audiences will keep people next to you because of its powdery and cool scent that kind of relaxes the nasal airways. I can compare this to Estee Lauder's Beautiful, only more powerful and striking. Very elegant and sophisticated smell, suitable for evening wear too. It is among my favourites.

Think of a magical winter forest filled with fragrance of light scented flowers. I really love this.

LisaLovesPerfume
LisaLovesPerfume

Decadence is a green, slightly peppery fragrance. However, it is not sharp. It is actually soft. The sillage and projection are certainly there. The presentation is adorable. I find this fragrance to be comforting and definitely suitable for the colder months.

Vampiris
Vampiris

I've been interested in purchasing this fragrance for quite a while

personally the bottle is groundbreaking/outstanding, I find it creative, sexy and collectable, the scent is alright in its opening, but it turns masculine to my nose as soon as it settles down..overall the scent isn't as glamorous as its bottle looks..try it on your skin and you will know what I mean..

lovely gift idea for the packaging and price tag, adorable bottle, but if it's for yourself the scent doesn't worth your every penny..only great thing is it looks gorgeous in your collection..

I tried Divine Decadence a few times recently, I found it nicer, I might go for it instead. this original Decadence unfortunately is a pass for me.. personally the scent doesn't smell anywhere near lovely or high end..

mhill461
mhill461

I first smelled this in one of those scent booklets from Sephora that they sent me with my online order. I immediately discarded it and didn't really care for it. I didn't think it was bad but It wasn't something I was drawn to at all. Fast forward a few months and I received a sample and I initially wasn't too interested but I decided to spray it on myself one night out of curiosity. I immediately fell in love!
I can see where many people would be turned off by it because there is a somewhat pungent quality when you first spray it so I think that's where some people get that "dill pickle" vibe. But it dries down to a beautiful, elegant, woody scent that is reminiscent of my camping trips to the Great Smokey Mountains for me.
I'm normally not a fan of Marc Jacobs fragrances but he did a fantastic job with this one. It's very different from anything he's put out.
This is such a beautiful fragrance and I really just feel like myself when I'm wearing this which is exactly what I want in a perfume. I think I found my new signature scent!

tandi
tandi

This to my nose has a sweet,fresh, tart fruity note with an intoxicating woody/grassy smell. I liked it at first whiff but asked to spray on my sleeve to smell after a while. An hour later it became heavy with the tartness disappeared and a smell that is reminiscent of Dior dune dry-down... .Maybe oak moss..I don't know..mmmh a bit creamy.I cannot decide whether I like it or not. Will edit review once decided.
I carried a sprayed paper strip and on there it smells nice even a couple of hours later.
I see this being amazing if your chemistry agrees with it.A rich confident woman would rock this beautifully.
Not a safe blind buy!

Wizology
Wizology

Marc Jacobs Decadence is DECADENT indeed. Very fruity and quite potent. Rich and elegant, and bordering on being a gourmand. Lots of Plum and Amber with subtle floral notes.

It reminds me of another fragrance but I just can't put my finger on it... Perhaps Lancome's La Vie Est Belle?

The handbag design for the bottle is cute, smart and glamorous, and adds an element of sophistication.

Kiku
Kiku

Unusual for Marc Jacobs, this is not very fruity. It is a soft oriental: warm flowers, amber, and woody notes. Lightly sweet and oh so feminine. Though I can't figure out why it's called "Decadence". One would think a perfume called "Decadence" would be exciting, cutting edge, filled with unusual notes. But I find this to be charmingly old fashioned. A throwback to the days when perfume was supposed to be detectable only when close to that special someone, a perfume just for your lover.

In typical Marc Jacobs fashion, the bottle is unique: an emerald green evening purse. One for collectors of perfume bottles.

zephyr1973
zephyr1973

I love green/blue/teal glass. I mean, if this were just a green/blue/teal glass bottle with a nice black cap, I might search ebay for a partial or empty just to display. But, it's a horrible purse, and the scent is common, so I feel bored with the entire thing.

Plumb is not a note that is easily managed. It likely was over-applied in this mixture, and if they had backed off, it may have given the other notes space to develop. The jasmine used was a bit too tame for use with fruit, so that was disappointing. I really hope MJ goes back to the more 2001 type stuff. That was a good place...could be a good springboard for something really spectacular.

kjana
kjana

one of those fragrances that try to be deep, dark, mysterious, but end up trying too hard. i liked its playfulness when i smelled it initially but after a while it becomes sort of boring, cheap and unattractive. the flacon does look pretty.

polkadot27

Let's be honest it does have that cheap gaudy hoe smell, but it has something about it that makes you like it regardless. The only Marc Jacobs perfume that piques my interest, the others bored me to tears! I also find lasting-power good 7 hours on me. Still would not buy it, too many tacky attention seeking party girls wear it on nights out- kind of ruins any appeal it could have- it is abused and over used in my opinion. Still, arguably the most creative scent from Marc, he actually focused on the juice with this one, rather than the bottle alone.

P.S. I have said it before, but it smells similar to impulse be surprised body-spray- there are definitely similarities there!

Wilka
Wilka

Oh, my God!So many rewiews! I fully agree with some of you: don't remember Who, now. Sexy, discretely sophisticated, definitely a winter scent. I'm sure I'll buy it in due time, as February is still Summer for us in Uruguay.

Lockon
Lockon

Smells great on my ex, but she never liked wearing it.
It was too strong for her.
Sillage is a good three feet and last six hours plus.
I would buy it again for her or my sister.
But i know it would last years, so i know it would make no sense.

floral and kinda sweet.

amanda-m-lewis
amanda-m-lewis

I don't know how I haven't already written a review on Decadence but I have to say that it was love at 1st sight. I am one of those people who loves huge sillage and leaving a trail and this one just does that:-)

Some people say that they find it sweet and plummy but I find it to be neither. In fact the notes are so well blended that what you do get is woody, powdery, amber
floral,green with the latter being quite muted (in fact non existent on me) under the more dominant features of the Orris root, Saffron, Oakmoss and Vetiver.

It is one of Marc's best to be honest and i'm glad that I own a bottle as it's great for autumn/winter when you want to vamp it up a bit. Think dark lips, fur coat and totally decadent style !

Emilleigh
Emilleigh

I find Marc Jacobs perfumes to be pretty boring, but Decadence is something else. It's jammy and sweet, and makes a big statement. I absolutely love it!

katierose4260
katierose4260

So, I don't actually own this perfume, but I've smelled it enough times in Sephora to give my honest review. This emits the most disgusting scent I have ever smelled in my life. It is a pity bc the packaging is divine. It smells like burnt leather and rotton fruit to me. I kept trying it to see if I would change my mind, but it still smells like that everytime I take a whiff of it. I find it amusing how everyone smells things differently. My mom said it smelled pretty good. It's all personal preference. The only reason I would recommend this is if you like trying new and weird products.

UnearthlyApothecary
UnearthlyApothecary

Mmmm this is dreamy. So many of my favorite notes in this scent. Distinctive saffron, warm sweet amber and woods, a little iris to add powder, a touch of bitter earthy vetiver. I'm not usually crazy about plum in perfume but it's lovely here. I love the sweetness, I see many reviews knocking how sweet it is and that might not be for everyone but it's perfect for me. Kinda smells like caramel. This is a truly beautiful scent, the first I have ever thought to myself " now this is signature worthy" I'm way too flighty to settle down to a signature but if I ever did this could be it.

pozimhoff
pozimhoff

I don't often make fragrance purchase errors but this is one. I'm vanilla sensitive and this feels loaded to me. The sugar element just grew and grew. Please tell me it will wear off by tomorrow. I'll probably be dreaming of pudding packs and marshmallows.

shasta

This is soooo sweet. Therein lies the problem. It can be very hard to wear. Its an excellent perfume in theory but realistically it's so hard to pull off. I personally love it but find myself questioning the appropriateness of the situation in which I'm wearing it. It is so pretty coming out of the bottle. Honestly, it smells like Dr. Pepper. The amber is sweet, sweet, sweet! And the papyrus gives it it's distinctive dry finish.

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Marc Jacobs is a bit different from Dior. Both have odd takes on plums.

When i smell it I think....
Mostly vanilla, mint, tonka, and... some kind of grass or wood.

The notes don't list any of these. Bottle looks amazing though. I'm sure some people would like it, but i'm not too hot on it.

yes, vanilla plum describes it.

annaa16
annaa16

I got a sample of this when I recently purchased another fragrance. Having never been a fan of Marc Jacobs fragrances before, this one surprised me with how different it is from his other ones. To me, this is mainly iris - to the point where it almost turns into smelling like licorice, but then stops right at the verge of it and instead develops into something very sophisticated with a hint of sweetness at the end. It's warm and crisp at the same time, as well as rich, juicy, ambery and almost smoky in a way... Very well blended and sexy without being too girly. I smell a tiny hint of caramel in there. Almost reminds me of Black Opium by YSL, but less gourmand. Sillage is moderate, in a nice way where it does its job without being too offensive. It's nice, but not sure it's for me. I'm also worried about is the strong iris note giving me a headache throughout the day. Still, the nicest Marc Jacobs fragrance I've ever tried.

LeggysMum
LeggysMum

Tested on paper and skin ... starts off woody,to the point of smelling like spruce/pine,and is reminiscent of men's aftershave, but I didn't find this off putting,in fact it seemed a unique start, but when on skin,it descending into soapy familiarity. I resisted the urge to scrub it off, but it never got better,even in last stages it had a soapy scent,similar to Adam Levine for women.I own AL,but am not tempted to wear it often,so wouldn't contemplate MJ Decadence.This of course is only my personal experience and seems my skin doesn't suit one of these notes,though I fail to see any similarity in notes, though drydown is sooooo similar. I think this one is not a safe blind buy.
This does still intrigue me on paper...

Zulander82
Zulander82

Lush greenery smell combined with some sweetness. The best way to describe its genre is a gourmand green fragrance. Think SJP Covet. Moderate sillage with great longevity. Not a fan of the bottle though.

Palmee
Palmee

Unfortunately, this wasn't for me. A gorgeous bottle but just found the scent too cloying, sweet and quite musty smelling. This smells similar to Black XS L'Exces for men which I bought my husband last year for Christmas. I made him give it away (he was happy to luckily), as I found it too nauseating and headache inducing. I find this the same.

joliecat
joliecat

Decadence is one of the best perfumes that Coty ever produced. It lasts forever until you wash it off. It has moderate to soft projection. Suitable for office wear, non-offensive.

Decadence has a rich sweet amber and plum accord, lightened by papyrus and vetiver. The result is very balanced, uplifting, very pleasant with soft florals blended well for a beautiful feminine scent. Orris root adds a subtle spicy touch. Slightly powdery, Decadence is perfect anywhere, any time, any season.

ElleNell
ElleNell

Decedance is the RIGHT name for this one. It is truly decedent-a real treat. It is rich, seductive, womanly (but not in an old way) uber sexy, glamorous, rich, warm, , romantic. It is really luxurious scent just like its stunning bottle. For a strong, classy glamorous woman who knows her own mind. Who is independant, likes the finer things in life and at the same token likes to enjoy life. A stunner of a perfume xoxo got it for my mam for xmas n she is thrilled.

dod_rocco
dod_rocco

i LOVE this scent, for strong woman, with personality, really feminine and sexy behavior!! its not like all that "commercial"perfumes that we see nowadays!! AND PEOPLE, IT DO NOT DEFINITELY SMELLS LIKE ZARA DARK ESMERALD, I went to zara many times to try to find some similar note but for my nose, trained, cause i worked at sephora, i do not agree!! Decadence smells like a RICH BITCH!!

darksome
darksome

I got the scent for our 10th anniversary from my boyfriend so my review is definitely subjective, but I will try my best. I totally understand why this scent is so polarizing. The opening is harsh and reminds everyone on dill pickle because of the vetiver. But then the vetiver becomes smoothened out and the powdery sweet violet and vanilla like smelling plum kicks in. It reminds me on Tom Fords Black Orchid range, especially Voile de Fleur - boozy, dark, milky, exotic and strange. What I find interesting is that the overall aura of the scent feels juicy and pickly, but when you put your nose closer it smells drier and more powdery. I'm really thankful for the present and will use it for sure!

fetishforperfume
fetishforperfume

warning: contains a massive dose of Iso E Super

Merel36
Merel36

I think this bottle is over the top and once I've smelt the "dill pickle" note thats all I could smell! Who on earth wants to smelll like a dill pickle! I guess this is a pass for me. The Zara equivalent (not a 1:1 dupe but sort of similar scent group) Dark emerald is a lot better IMO at a fraction of the cost and lacks the dill note thank god!

Bee-young-ka
Bee-young-ka

I thought I liked it but...
...at work a person wares this fragrance and..

Sweet hay in a rabbit cage.

nice little baby bunnies but rabbity all the same.

after a while I smell dried flowers with sweet hay but rabbit never goes home.

I love the bottle, a bit awkward but who cares when its that beautiful.

Contessa01
Contessa01

This is a perfume that's not for everyone. And it took a while for it to grow in me. I decided to buy it, I will confess the bottle suckered me in because it's so unique. It's something straight out of the 80's!! The fragrance is also quite a mature scent I think. It's very musky and I can understand why some smell pickles because I get that vibe but not in a bad way. It has lovely vanilla, woody notes and musk. It has this feel that reminds me of fancy nights by Jessica Simpson but better.

vsmini
vsmini

My God - the perfume is amazing but the bottle is nothing short of a nuisance!

It's a beautiful, elegant and sophisticated scent that reminds me of dark, smokey woods, light vanilla and cashmere sweaters and then he goes and puts in the tackiest bottle ever made. What's classy about a crackerjack toy that's shaped like a purse? The clunky packaging does not match the name or the scent inside. I'll have to invest in a rollerball over the bottle itself.

Great lasting power and draws lots of compliments.

DBF85
DBF85

I went CRAZY for this perfume when I smelled it for the first time. It haunted me. Couldn't stop thinking about it.

After a week or so I bought it. Was extremely happy like I won a Mercedes G63.

Two weeks after using it something changed. I HATED IT.

Now I use it as a room spray as I regert buying it at the first time.

#WhoJinxedUs #WhereIsTheLove #ItsNotYouItsMe #SprayMyMoneyAway #NeverAgainMarcJacobs

artsyrn
artsyrn

I think the bottle is pretty. I am partial to emerald green, but it's what is inside that matters most and this perfume rocks!
The woods and spice and plum and vanilla are so balanced to my nose that nothing screams at me. Is it rich smelling? Oh yes! I also find it sensual and weirdly comforting. Like a really warm embrace, this scent just radiates with brilliant sillage that doesn't let go for hours! I live in a warm climate, and find this suitable even on hot days, reaching for this one for all sorts of occasions and quite frequently.

ilies.victoria
ilies.victoria

It smells rich and luxurious.It is very resistant, as even after a hot shower it always remains the same good, strong smell on my skin.I wear it on evening dresses.Love it!!

Mullingarynka

Tierry Mugler fans will love this!

Mullingarynka

What a waste of beautiful bottle!!! It must be the most horrible scent I ever tried. To me is plum, saffron, pepper + powder. Just unbearable mixture... Very sharp and a bit smoky. Very old fashion liquid in very trendy bottle. Disappointment!!!

redolent_one
redolent_one

All I smell on me is vanilla and violet--exactly like that old-fashioned violet candy that still sells in certain places in the foil wrap with purple lettering- C Howard's Violet- Candies.
I like it as a sample but it's not 'me'. It's cute though and makes me feel young and quite edible. Don't get the rest of the notes at all and I KNOW there's a TON of VANILLA in here....a decadent amount....(;^>

gretavivante
gretavivante

It's nice and sweet, but it just does not stick to me - it is absolutely gone in just 20 minutes. So sad =( I really wanted this to be my new favorite.

blackw0lfx
blackw0lfx

at first you get a blast of plum and flowers. then it settles to a sweet wood almost vanilla on me. the floral note is little too girly for me but i think this smells pretty nice. if i find it cheap i may pick up a bottle. winter time mature woman fragrance. business professional. its a confident woman fragrance.

foreignshores
foreignshores

Ridiculously sexy. Love this on my wife :-)

Dua86
Dua86

Bought this perfume as soon as it hit the store. I was drawn to the green handbag shaped bottle. It looked very posh. Now i dont normally like these woody fragrances but i couldnt not buy it. So i blind bought it. When i tested it at home a few little spritz on my wrists i could instantly tell this was going to be a strong scent. It exudes a powerful woman. After a few hours i smet my wrist again and it was really woodsy. I would only wear this on an evening. Probably suited to a cold evening. I only reach for this when im in the mood to feel very powerful and dominant.

alyxdavidson
alyxdavidson

To me this is like rotting fruit combined with cologne and some sort of powder. At first I was intrigued by the complexity but it became cloying. I over applied the sample and it stayed full blast all day long. I can see how this is a play on heavy, classic fragrances. I'd definitely recommend testing this first before buying. It's a very unusual scent and can react very differently based on body chemistry.

allie kat
allie kat

Note to self, avoid powdery perfumes!! I tried this in a department store when it first arrived and thought it could be something that I'd enjoy. I got the wood, the floral and the amber, all of which I enjoy. I didn't notice any powder until I finally treated myself to a bottle based on my first impression all those months ago. Now all I get is powder, powder, powder, which I'm not enjoying at all. It's almost taking my breath away. Maybe I've unconsciously avoided powder all my perfume loving life. Possibly I'll grow to like it. I think I'll leave it a few months and try again, maybe it blooms in early spring in Ireland. If not I have two daughters who'd love it for the amazing bottle.

pinkpinion
pinkpinion

Luxury written all over it
One of those perfumes that you know will receive mixed reviews. Clearly, fragrantica is not unanimous on this perfume. For that reason and the fact that Marc Jacobs perfumes are not my thing in general, I never really gave it any thought. Until I tested it in the pharmacy a few weeks ago. I was sold. I do not know why, because it is sweet and a bit cloying and very different. Yet, my skin adores it somehow and I cannot get enough.
So I purchased the largest bottle and I treated myself to one of the most beautiful bottles ever. The packaging is soft and luxurious, enclosed you find the bottle and the cap separately. It feels like opening a present on christmas morning. If you want to buy something purely for the bottle, here you go. This needs to be in your collection.
What can I say about the notes, that has not been brought up before? Probably nothing, all I can say is: try it, test it. You may love it, you may hate it. There is hardly any way in between on this one. So no Blind Buying for Decadence, although the bottle on itself almost makes it worth the price.

ReyMoe
ReyMoe

It's the first time for me to try a smoky perfume and I really like it,
The negative thing about it is its longevity, it disappears after 20 mn MAX !! is anyone else having this ??

Kgblue
Kgblue

This perfume is so sweet it hurts. it's intensely sugary and all the sickly parts of vanilla. It's overwhelming, kind of gives me a headache, and makes me think of stuffy old ladies. any time I've worn this scent, it is so incredibly strong and noticeable every time I move (it does have a ton of longevity, so that's a plus if you're into this kind of thing). It makes me a little bit sick, honestly.

obar6084
obar6084

I tested it when I went to Sephora. It is quite strong and gave me a headache (some reason it smells quite the same as Dior Addict and CK Obsession on me) so maybe 1 or 2 spritz is good enough. More then that and I think you will choke everybody around you. The bottle is clunky but very edgy, at last something that is not covered in plastic petals from Marc Jacobs. I hope that the new version is more approachable than this one because this one of a few perfumes that really lasts.

tattoo_ladyk
tattoo_ladyk

I sprayed on both wrists and went for a browse in the department store to let the perfume develop. All I could smell for the next 3 hours was candied dill (!). Too sickly sweet for my liking. On the plus side, I really like the bottle, but "you can't judge a book by its cover".

Andie68
Andie68

Tested this today at the fragrance counter. It instantly reminded me of something, I walked round constantly sniffing this on my wrist for a couple of hours, it was so annoying trying to remember what it was. And then I got in the car and suddenly remembered!! It smells just the same as the Little Trees New Car Scent air freshener! Really! I couldn't believe the similarity. Hence I won't be buying this, which is a shame because it is a nice smell, but I'm not sure I want to smell like a car air freshener

Faverinsky
Faverinsky

I must admit I was a Marc Jacobs "hater". Not only did his insipid and uninspiring floral numbers bore me to bits (here's looking at you Daisy and flankers), I found his use of women's bodies for publicity grotesque, misogynistic and trashy... However! At least fragrance-wise,he's redeemed himself with this lil' beauty!For gourmand lovers this is absolutely decadent and elegant! I can smell the plum, vanilla and amber and I just cannot stop smelling my wrists when I'm wearing it! It is also an incredibly versatile perfume, as I've worn it in both summer (in Vegas) and winter in New York and it always gets me compliments and feels comfortable. I would most definitely recommend!

Soofiya
Soofiya

I don't have any Marc Jacobs perfume in my collection and I really wish to have one.I love decadence's bottle,so to be honest I ordered a sample just because that green hand bag has caught my eyes,but looking at notes I knew it's not something I'd like,woody fragrances are not my thing and iris is a challenging note for me,I also don't like saffron in perfume,so even without trying I can say I'd hate it,right?Wrong!
First whiff of it,was about sweet plum jam and iris.candied plum with a hint of saffron adds a gourmand quality to iris that's very new for me.I usually don't like iris because I find it cold and bitterish but here sweet saffrony plum makes iris very lovely for me,middle notes are soft florals that add to powdery quality of scent and I love sweet powdery scents,it's still a grapey purple scent for me,but Drydown is all about Dark green/brown notes and it's very strange that I don't dislike them as I usually do. Drydown is dark green,earthy and smokey but wrapped in a sweet,spicy amber.I can feel a masculine vibe and I don't know it's because of papyrus or vetiver or both of them but it's not too much masculine to put me off,I can also feel something chocolatey which is very pleasing
Decadence is a sweet,semi gourmand scent but it's very different from most trendy sweeties,it's also powdery,smoky,spicy and ambery.there's a lot going on here.it's a mature scent and I can see -25 years old can easily dislike it
I can't say I love it yet but I like it very much and find it a full bottle worthy one.longevity and sillage are both very good and this is another plus
It's a cold weather perfume and can be very cloying in heat
I add it to my wantlist not just because I want a Marc Jacobs or just because of it's heavy,unique and luxurious bottle.it's a very charming well made fragrance but it's not safe for blindbuy,not at all

catndale
catndale

smells like decaying flowers in a morgue or my granny's unaerated bedroom with a flower vase on her vanity table filled with dead lilies : reminds me of Death and Decay from Lush

shasta

Smoky......Sweet, powdery, and smoky. Heady florals and amber at the forefront and sweet smoke swirling all about. This is the incense that's burning when you step into that caravan and ask the gypsy woman: Is he the one?

prettyswag

This smells of a 65 yr old English teacher and she just cleaned her car with some cleaner and sprayed her perfume but spilled the car cleaner on her clothes and her books in her car have dead flower leaves stuck in the pages and she wears old 1974 cheap Revlon lipstick..what a divine ol lady.. she needs a shower ..its been 3 days..drydown is a car cleaner at its best.

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

I don't understand why they called it Decadence. With a name like that I wanted a gourmand with dark chocolate, and other gourmand notes that smell like sweets that are not good for you to eat. Instead we are treated to a beautiful floral Oriental.

This starts off with powdery florals of iris and rose, soft floral scents with powdery notes. It's not too much powder and does not smell like make-up or body powder inside a handbag or purse but I think I would have liked that because the bottle is shaped like a handbag. I wish this handbag was real! The iris and Bulgarian rose are sweet, delicate and mature. In addition there's a spicy floral saffron note. A dark plum juice that can almost pass for currant is also there at the beginning. So I would not call the opening top notes fresh but they are floral and powdery.

At the dry down there's patchouli papyrus amber and vetiver. All these scents are noticeable and they create a darker more unisex/masculine persona. It smells like a guy's cologne at the very last stage, redolent with amber, smoky patchouli and dry papyrus. It's not unlike the unisex papyrus in FANCY NIGHTS JESSICA SIMPSON. If you can wear Fancy Nights as a girl and enjoy it, you can also wear Decadence. Both scents are sexy, Oriental and mysterious evening colognes to wear when you dress up for dinner dates. I love dousing myself in this scent. It's really exotic and beautiful.

Question: What happens when I finish up the fragrance because I'd hate to throw away the handbag LOL

angiec777

Was just reading the reviews here and even to those who find this fragrance sickening it inspires a sense of whimsy. Everyone is getting so fancy with their language. Whipping out the vocabulary all over the place.

irisartworks
irisartworks

This fragrance smells like pickles to me, and I don't like the smell of pickles.

daivasvait
daivasvait

I like it for fall and winter. I am wearing it in office also. On my skin it smells of plums and powder, vanilla. It reminds me something good from my childhood, nice ladies which I envied. Its really retro perfume I am thinking.

saraoliveira
saraoliveira

I got a sample of this perfume, and at first I loved it, it felt like something exciting, new, I wanted to buy it. As I used it for several days, I noticed an aftershave scent after some hours...so it was a bummer....guess that's why I was never praised :P

Alpha.Leonis
Alpha.Leonis

So to be completely honest, I had no interest in trying this fragrance when I saw the bottle. I just thought, how gaudy! But then I was given a sample and I just have no control when it comes to trying fragrance samples. And then, of course, we get to the "you can't judge a book by it's cover" saying here because I loved the scent from the first sniff.

I really like the sweet plum/floral/amber I get from it. It's a good scent for someone in their late twenties or into their thirties. That's not to say that someone older than that couldn't wear it well, but it really makes me think of that age group.

The scent makes me think of winter or evening. Maybe even holiday parties. It would be a good holiday party scent. It's a complex, gourmandish type fragrance.

It IS quite sweet though. That could be off putting to some people and headache inducing in others. I wouldn't wear it in an office setting or in any type of work environment where people work very closely together in a small space.

Astrologically speaking, Libra is what comes to mind first and foremost and then Pisces. This could easily be a water sign scent, I think, but the feel of being a holiday and party scent comes on really strong for me, which is perfect for such a more social butterfly sign like Libra. A mature Libra, for sure.

But on the other end, strangely enough, when I smell this fragrance, I could easily imagine being out in a clearing near a lake, looking up at the stars, and pondering the mysteries of life or whatever. And it just has this opposing Pisces feel.

So it might be a good scent for someone who has a lot of Libra or a lot of Pisces in their chart.

angiec777

Okay, so, I could go on about the notes in this one but I don't really recognize any of them so I'll just paint you a picture. It smells like Belle's library in Beauty and the Beast. It smells like Hogworts. It's both fresh and green and dark and smokey. If you took old antique books, fresh cut grass, forest green velvet and the fog in Ireland and put them all in a magical blender this is what you'd get. I'm wearing a sample of it right now and I smell like enchantment. I smell majestic and wise! I smell like a witch! I already bought a full bottle online!

Germany
Germany

Tried this fragrance last year when it came out. My husband loved it and my step daughter wished for it for Christmas ,so I thought ok since it's this ugly bottle and I am not crazy about it I will let her have it lol , however I love sweet iris perfumes and sort of wanted it myself. Oh well can't have them all I thought and moved on.
Now decadence divine came out and it was love at first smell ! I bought it on the spot , ugly bottle and all. Then when I got home I assembled the bottle and I actually started to like it as it is very heavy and well made and sturdy , it's not plastic or flimsy it's actually quite cool in a way ,,,, never thought I would say this. ,,,,
Now that divine flew ,within days , to my top shelf and is one of my favourites EVER I had to retest the original ,,,, and I am so tempted to buy it as well.

Decadence is an iris heavy perfume , almost a gourmand iris ,,, that's why it's not everyone's taste. Iris is just so love or hate. It's heavy on all types of iris , the actual flower , the root and saffron which is also in the iris family but has a spice added .
This is in your face a warm sweet heavy iris gourmand ! It almost has a masculine edge to it but I like that as I like masculine smells . The plums in the beginning are truly amazing as plums are my favourite fruit. The middle notes are delightful Rose and Jasmine which adds some brightness. And the end notes are woods and amber( classy) The whole feel is amber woody and most of all iris ! Sophistication! Feminine,and sexy ! Decadence is dryer and more ambery than divine and is darker also denser !

It's very sexy to me and sophisticated and not like a young girl at all , in fact I think you need to me at least 25 plus to pull this off and I don't think my 16 step daughter should walk around in this edgy sexy sophisticated perfume but rather choose a younger scent.

I prefer divine during the day and decadence at night I think.
The tacky bottle is great at it's so over the top that it becomes good.
This is a well made perfume. I sure hope it sticks around.
It's unusual,quirky and not your everyday boring smell.
Best of Marc Jacob yet !

mylene_stl
mylene_stl

To me, it smells like foam banana candies. Just... I can't make it.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I am very sensitive to sourness, and I can not abide by this sour fruit and vetiver perfume. The nicest thing I can say about it is that the sour vetiver and syrupy plum provide a nice juxtaposition, just not one that I enjoy.

Jane Raff
Jane Raff

What a smell ,no words to describe it ,really do feel alive when wear it .love.........

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

This perfume is memorable, to me it smells as tom ford's line but more wearable .. Sweet with a character and I consider it one of the intersting releases of this year.

Sillage & longevity are so good, but the only comment I have is : the bottle is nice on trays but hard to carry specially with its huge stopper.

I prefer it for spring/fall/winter breezy nights .. not for hot days or humidity.

angiec777

Super rich and, well, decadent. This is a scent to graduate into womanhood with. If you love those sticky sweet gourmands but want to try something different without feeling like you raided your great-grandmas vanity try this. There's a bit of something in it that reminds me of Hypnotic Poison but I wouldn't go so far as to say the fragrances are similar. I detect a bit of green tea in the middle notes even though it isn't listed. A truly wonderful fragrance that I hope is in it for the long haul because I can see this becoming a classic.

PinkRainbow
PinkRainbow

Rich, with a stunning chocolate note blended beautifully with the exotic elements. Sophisticated. Great name, great scent.

HeidiLynn
HeidiLynn

"you smell like [Little Debbies] doughnut sticks". So declared my son this morning, after telling me I had too much perfume on. So, sillage is strong with this gourmand-oriental.

This is a lush, sweet, rich fragrance; not as heavily vanilla as some gourmand orientals, but still quite sweet. The plum is there adding to the plush nature of this scent; I also found the orris and vetiver gave a woody backbone, a heft, to what otherwise might just be candy fluff. I thought it was the woodiness of very clean patchouli, so that was interesting. The Amber is golden, sweet and syrupy not at all dry; I got virtually nothing that I would call powdery out of this. This was like a darker version of L Lolita Lempicka - no orange, plum instead; but sweet and rich. If L was teal silk, then Decadence is turquoise velvet--rich, opulent. I enjoyed it and I don't like uber sweet frags. I didn't get distinct floral notes nor did it seem multi-layered, but it was bold and strong. Longevity, 6+ hours. I bought a mini at Ross, and it's adorable; not as elegant as the full sized bottle, but a cute little purse nontheless. In a green velvet box, perfect.

andabri
andabri

Count me in as another person that is reminded of Burberry Body from this fragrance. It has a very similar vibe, sort of fresh, sort of sweet, sort of powdery. Except this has a more unisex, cologne-type smell, especially in the dry down. Can definitely feel a little too strong/sharp if over=applied. I've been through a handful of samples of this (all those freebies from ordering online), but I never buy it; in other words it's nice, but not something I feel compelled to buy.

singlebilingual

It's already a second time that I write a review of Decadence, but now I'm a happy owner of it already for 2 months and after all this time I only fall more in love with this one. My husband loves this on me too, my friends make compliments and some of them got themselves a bottle too after they smelled it on me. I got a few compliments from colleagues too.
It doesn't remind any other perfume, it smells woody yet fresh, sweet but not over-the-top. I try not to use it too much so it stays my "secret" weapon, but I can't help spraying it on myself occasionally just for fun.
The only time when it doesn't appeal is when it's really hot outside. Then it smells kind of heavy. But in the cold weather it's just perfect. Definitely in my top-3 favourites and will stay there for long.

fleurgourmande
fleurgourmande

This smells like spicy plum marmelade smeared on a mossy old tree.
The mossy aspect tones the sweetness down a bit, while the spicyness stays.

What I want to say with that, it smells very nice ;) Not a typical Marc Jacobs for sure.

The sillage is big but not monstruous, longevity good (6-8 hours).

katemax
katemax

To gigi86.... Thanks for bringing zara dark emerald to my attention. I bought it and love it!

Gigi86
Gigi86

Today i tested perfumes in Zara and i picked up a dark green bottle.
Yes, it was just because of the bottle...
First it was a little bit strange but then felt more and more familiar.
Black Emerald by Zara is a very good dupe of Decadence at least on my skin.
And fortunately as many Zara perfumes it doesn't feel cheap either.
I mean cheap but not that way :)

Turtle05
Turtle05

I was so looking forward to trying this scent, but it does not go with my chemistry or something because it smells sickening to me.

ladenu
ladenu

This is such a beautiful grown up perfume. I generally avoid this sort of scents as they give me headaches but not this one. Really sophisticated and sexy.

RapidScent
RapidScent

Bought it for my mommy for her birthday! Got it at Macy's and they just happened to be doing free ingraving on the day of her birthday. The bottle is gorgeous and reminded me of her eyes because she has kind of a green/blue color and the snake skin cap just looked so sassy and matched her personality. The smell is fantastic too. I just hate that she's not like me when it come to caring for perfumes. She threw the box away, leaves the perfume in the garage of all places, ugh. It drives me nuts. But she's not really a lady with sophistication. She really is the mom/aunt that everyone loves because she's easy to talk to. I just bought for her sonshe can feel luxurious at times. Sigh.

lanzsu
lanzsu

When I first smelled it I was like woaah, what it this?! It's a strange scent. I would say that this parfume is green - not just because of the bottle. :) I feel leather, hazelnut, iris. Fresh and sweet. Gives me the picture of walking in the falling leaves at the beginning of autumn. When it's still a bit warm, but you can feel the change coming.

plum
plum

This one is really strange...yesterday, at the department store I was given a sprayed card. At first the shop assistant was going to spray it on me and I was almost ok with it I changed my mind in last second. I am so glad I did! I was walking around the shop sniffing this paper and was really surprised with my perception of this fragrance! If decadence means decay, the name is 100% hit.
Today it's powdery but yesterday it was a mixture of notes I could't grasp.
It's a little bit like narcotic - despite I don't like it I grab this piece of paper to sniff it.

WildDove
WildDove

Decadence opens with an ozonic-peppery sharpness, then mellows to a clean, classy fragrance that suggests to me chocolate-mint with some gentle leather, like chewing gum stored in the handbag with the whiff of mint and leather as you open the bag (though the official note emphasis is plum-amber ...??). Light, fresh, breezy, contemporary and, yes, totally addictive!

Dunebuggy8970
Dunebuggy8970

I almost blind bought this because I love the bottle and the notes look interesting, I just tested it in the store and it smells just like Roberto Cavalli EDP on me, so similar i don't need to get this one.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

I didn't like this. But I have come to love it. This is a modern floral Oriental. It has a sexy Persian princess aura. When it opens it smells fruity with plum a deep dark purple plum juice. It's also got saffron, and floral scents of iris rose and jasmine. It has a little bit of powder but the iris is strongest on me. The flowers sit on a base of amber, warm, resinous and yes, unisex. It's mysterious and elegant. Very classy. I love the design of the handbag and I have a handbag which looks practically identical to the packaging. I like to wear this as an evening perfume with black or deep purple cocktail dresses and evening gowns. I'm a lounge singer and this smells great under soft lights and in nightclubs. This is a great date night perfume, a seduction fragrance or to wear to a nightclub. Forget all the cotton candy scents. This smells like a real woman and not a little girl in pigtails. Decadence is decadently mature, gorgeous and alluring. This handbag smells so good!

nenomi3d
nenomi3d

This perfume is out of this world! I wear it to work (i'm a site engineer btw) and I get compliments from workers every now and then about this perfume! It catches peoples attention this one! Everyone seems to love it. One of my colleagues girlfriend hugged me and actually forced her boyfriend to get her a bottle. The perfumes lasts on me for about 6 hours. You just have to try it with the lotion! I never leave my house without having this fragrance on me. It beats the other florally/girly Marc Jacobs' fragrances. This is one of I kind I'm telling you. It tones down on me leaving a nice chocolatey and earthy smell. Love it!

cande.elias
cande.elias

omg! Dries down to smell just like the Aria hotel and casino in Vegas. stunning.

missus9
missus9

I can't believe I almost missed this one. I had a lot of paper samples and gave the Decadence one to my daughter as I didn't like how it smelled. One day, she was wearing this glorious fragrance...captivating! I asked her what it was and she told me "Decadence"...you gave me the sample, Mom. Wow..was I surprised! This ranks in the league of Poison, Obsession, Narciso Rodriguez, Eli Sabb, etc. I immediately bought the roller ball...and, this scent is divine! I cannot wait to wear it this fall. The fragrance is elegant, captivating and almost an "obsession" ...I would imagine there's a pheromone in there somewhere! The longevity is superb...wow...did Marc Jacobs nail this one! I will be buying the full bottle soon...

AjaBlue
AjaBlue

Too soft to smell at first...and then it crept up on me. Oh, my goodness...Too much of that creamy rose note that I smell in Lola. I can see how people who enjoy a certain type of fragrance will like this one, but it is definitely not for me.

KDJ
KDJ

I'm not normally into woody fragrances, but holy cow is this something! A very unusual and unique blend, definitely a head–turner.
Very rich, deep, sensual, and mysterious! The dry down gives me similar vibes to Estée Lauder's "Sensuous", not quite as woody, but a little more sweet (but not sickly sweet).
The bottle itself is a nice display in itself too.

Princess Brittany
Princess Brittany

Omg! I LOVE this! I get a major blast of the plum and and floral in the opening. It has a fruity yet sensual/spicy air to it. Then the amber comes in... very prominently and WOW it's amazing. I'm not big on Marc's other scents.. too floral for me but this one? He's finally got me! It has the floral element but that's not the standout. It's an instant favorite. I'm in love.

margarita.angelova
margarita.angelova

This seems to me like a more wearable version of Thierry Mugler's Angel (I suppose it's plum's fault). Angel I can't stand but this composition here is a lot more forgiving and I might even come to like it. It's deffinitely not an everyday fragrance but more of a special events one. A deep, sticky and syrupy scent that requires to be pull out perfectly or not at all.

saguna

When I smelled it from my sample, I instantly thought : Thank God I am not pregnant, because if I was, I would be sick. It's not that I dont like this fragrance, it's very powerful and I feel deep down some chemical smell, which I would call synthetic leather. Ugh! The first impression is " Oh, another worse or better copy of La Vie Est Belle". But it's not, it's just this bloody type of perfumes they promote now, I don't know really for who? Overpowering, sickly sweet and sour, trying to be original and modern. I am already sick, sorry. There is only one MJ perfume I tolerate and it's Daisy Eau so Fresh. All the rest, Honey, Dot, oh Lola, all Daisies etc are just utter mess. Sorry :(

singlebilingual

It's been a while that I kept looking towards this one. There's really nothing like it. I kept hesitating because it seemed to be an overpowering scent, and also quite a special and not really matching every occasion. But finally I gave in. I wanted to try it on my skin first though. The girl at the store sprayed me all over with it and I thought I'd hate it before I reach home. But instead I fell in love with it absolutely. Longevity is pretty good, even the next day I could still smell it on my hair.
The opening notes are overwhelming, you almost can't breathe, yet I find this plum smell very exciting. When it calms down, it smells pretty sweet but not in a suffocating way like LVAB by Lancome. The woody notes add a certain twist of bitterness, the depth to this scent. Pure saffron and vanilla on the dry down make it also very attractive even after hours of wearing it. In fact, it becomes a very nice and "safe" smell as it dries down. Or maybe it's just a combination with my skin.
Nothing distracts me about Decadence and I would wear it now for any occasion, as well as in the daylight and in summer (just not too much then, one little spray is enough).
I find it a very sophisticated, elegant, sexy perfume with a twist, very feminine yet not girlish. It fills the room, but it's not dominating.
My husband finds it also a very nice one, cute but with a certain character. And the bottle... I htink it's more a parody of the decandent things you can get. Hence the chain and snake-leather imitation. It's so obviously tacky that it gets attractive. It's funny, like a toy for grown-up girls. But why can't it be a bit tacky or playful? The longevity is good enough to leave it at home so why bother if you don't like it.

Fragrance: 9/10
Sillage: 8/10

amcintyre87
amcintyre87

This was a solid 'no' for me.
Has a sharp, synthetic twang to it which never settles.
You can get far more natural, beautiful scents, for less coin.

miss mills
miss mills

Yum! Thanks to my dear friend Melzy, I am able to try a very generous sample of this! The opening notes hit me as violet, which isn't listed and a good dose of the ever pretty iris! It reminds me greatly of a cross between a softer version of Ultraviolet and shades of 1881 Cerruti. So far (I've just sprayed it now), I'm getting a lovely, almost sharp floral burst which is now settling into a softer, warmer iris mixed with woodsy notes. I like it a lot.
Very pretty, light and now soft perfume which is both modern and old fashioned in a pretty young way all at the same time. Would definitely consider buying this for my niece when she is older, or myself if the price was right. Cute bottle, too.

Adrien02
Adrien02

WHY, why, why, does this parfum remind me of scented kosher pickles in the top notes? It is way strong with this odiferiously strange top note. I do not appreciate smelling like I belong on a salad. Serious scrubber!

Floffles
Floffles

I had high hopes for this one....THAT CRASHED AND BURNED!!!! This made me feel like an old divorcee at a bar, smoking a cigarette, dressing overly sexy, and waiting to pounce gross cougar style on a drunk unsuspecting guy. The smokiness in it added to that smokey room smell. I wanted to feel dark and sexy, instead I felt old and desperate.

Yucky icky poo poo

damightyheru
damightyheru

I'm a guy who has a very broad taste in fragrances...I'm the type of person who doesn't like to smell like every guy...I love to look for fragrances that most men wouldn't consider and when I smelled Decadence I knew i had to have it in my collection.

I own, have owned and wear a lot of female fragrances that I believe are incorrectly marketed. Dior, and Mugler have really shifted what is considered masculine fragrances and that has been a blessing for men IMO because it gave many of us the OK to wear sweet scents that have an androgynous lean. Todays man isn't bound by the same rules of the past. If you are a confident and secure man and u like this scent I encourage you go for it.

Decadence is a very interesting scent. To me it's almost like a Gourmand Oriental with a green twist. There is an earthiness in this scent due to the Vetiver, and a slight resinous tone due to the Amber. But overall what draws the nose to wrist and keeps it there is the beautifully sweet juicy and ripe plum note. The combo of the Iris and the unveiling of the Orris, which seamlessly takes over the Iris's role in the composition, peeks through from the mid and are the plums supporting cast.They work together to give this scent a very distinctive and memorable opening. The effect of this combo of notes along with the Amber and Vetiver produces a very sexy, dark fragrance that leans on the mature side in a good way. I don't mean mature as in "older" I mean mature as in "has it's stuff together". It's not the obnoxious childish frag that relies heavily on pretty bright fruit that teenagers would love. It's a statement fragrance and it communicates a dominance and strength rarely found in modern perfumes for women. This allows it in my opinion to be worn by confident secure men who like sweet scents.

The Heart of this fragrance allows men to wear this without the difficulty of most female fragrances tho it will take a very confident guy to pull this off. The base of Vetiver, Amber and Papyrus are more masculine than feminine. If you are a guy who loves Dior Homme, Feve Delicieuse, or Ultra Male you might be able to appreciate Decadence even if you may not consider wearing it outside the house...lol.

I've been testing this on my skin for weeks now and I will be buying this fragrance in the near future. Although I will have to saw that chain off...My open mindedness has limits...lmao...And tassels are a no no in my world...lol...Personally tho, Plum is my favorite fruit and this scent delivers plum like few others...

The longevity is stellar and lasts 12 hours easily on my skin. Longer if it touches cloth it can go well into overtime. I'd suggest that this can be worn all year around since i think its primarily a night time scent. It can be worn during the day perhaps during the late afternoons during the summer but if worn in the day I'd suggest to go easy as too much of it can be a turn off...Decadence can choke people out. VERY STRONG

Marc Jacobs brand really stepped up and made a modern masterpiece. It performs insanely, smells both interesting and different from the trendy scents made lately and has character. Annie Buzantian and Anne Gottlieb the perfumers of Decadence did an amazing job with this fragrance.

There are few female frags I feel comfortable wearing and this is one of them...Women who wear this in my opinion smell edible...it's just that SIMPLE...lol

I rate frags in what I call the P.A.G.E. RATING SYSTEM.
P=Poor A= Average G= Good E= Exceptional.

Decadence for women is a G. If i weren't being objective and rated based on my taste alone, I'd rate Decadence an Exceptional scent. What holds it back is a blend that could've been better (though that's nitpicking). The sweetness may be on the overly sweet side for a lot of folks. And I'm sure some women will not appreciate its very powerful enveloping presence but to others that will be a selling point. It was for me. Men will find this scent very attractive. Sadly, only a few will have the cohones to pull it off tho. That bottle cap doesn't help...lmao...I will need to look for my mini saw asap...

YouTube Channel- SIMPLY PUT SCENTS

jajakapitan
jajakapitan

A much welcomed different Marc Jacobs perfume - not the standard sweet smell that would attract millions of teenagers worldwide. This is elegant and sophisticated with a complex and long lasting sillage.

A personal favorite of my boyfriend's (when I wear it), and very similar (but more long lasting than the former) to Rihanna - Rouge and Theorema Esprit d`Ete Fendi for women. I love wearing this perfume.

Nahacisunluna
Nahacisunluna

This scent: Oh my lord!!!! I have only been swept off my feet by one other perfume Donna Karan Black Cashmere. Which remains my top pick but Im being quickly won over by Marc Jacobs' Decadence. This scent smells different on paper and my daughter than on me. On paper and my clothes it smells a lot more woody but on my skin I get a very well balanced sweet-spicy-woody with a hint of amber. The first day I wore it I suspected I might have found my signature scent. Because its such a powerhouse I only spray a bit behind each ear and a bit on my chest. That way it stays closer to my skin but I can still enjoy it all day. It has amazing longevity and a strong sillage.

This perfume is just what the name says. It is sensual, sweet, sophisticated with enough of an irreverent attitude to keep it and therefore you interesting. By reading the reviews Im aware this is considered a statement perfume, however, I could easily see myself wearing this as my signature scent.

Needless to say, this perfume is now part of my collection.

elena.kurlaviciute
elena.kurlaviciute

It's a nice sweet perfume, but I expected it to be more dark, more woody, I guess because of this fantastic bottle, but I get only sweet stuff from it.

andonirdc
andonirdc

I usually don't like plum in fragrances but the opening of this fragrance is very good, I didn't expect much from Marc Jacobs, especially with that bottle. I patiently waited for the scent to dry down a little bit, even though I really enjoyed the opening with the juicy plum and the powdery iris.

But OH MY GOD, when it started to settle a bit, it smelled EXACTLY like Black XS for men to my nose ! It is still on the back of my hand now and every time I smell it, I smell Black XS ! How come is it ? I smell pure praline like in all fragrances with this note (think La Vie est Belle, Black XS, Angel EDT, La Nuit Trésor, Believe, etc).

Unfortunately, it gives me an instant headache which is a shame because as soon as I smelled it when freshly sprayed, I hit the "I want" button. I think a scent never went so quickly from want to don't want anymore haha.
This is not a negative review, I just can't stand it because it gives me a headache. So sad as I really enjoyed the beautiful opening...

Colour: BROWN and PURPLE

aida.mzn
aida.mzn

I have so much love for this perfume. This perfume reminds me of prada candy. Somehow, this perfume lasts on my clothes for a week. When i spray it on my clothes, i would wear the clothes more than once and keep it in my closet. The smell still remains and even smell even stronger. I swear. The smell is so seductive.!

Ohgollygally
Ohgollygally

I fell in love with this fragrance until my co-worker bought it and wears It everyday. I am actually getting sick of the fragrance now

VanniGodfrey
VanniGodfrey

I would recommend this perfume to absolutely anybody who's a huge fan of woody fragrances, like myself. It's rare for me to instantly fall in love with a perfume, but such was the case with Decadence. It's deliciously woody, bold and powerful yet also soft and delicate, and most certainly decadent. I was never a huge fan of Marc Jacobs perfumes because the vast majority of them cater to those who enjoy fresh/light/floral perfumes, which personally isn't my taste, so I was not only pleasantly surprised to smell something heavier and more mature from him, but actually taken aback and blown away.

When I first smelled this perfume, to me it smelled a little like those banana-shaped Runts candies, which creates a nice, voluptuous sweetness that pairs beautifully with the otherwise dry woody notes. It's such a statement perfume, but it remains refined and elegant, which is what I love most about it. I wear this when I want to smell expensive and feel indulgent. I also find it smells most amazing when it rains; the earthiness really effervesces in the humidity and it's just beautiful.

All that aside, the bottle is one of the most adorable things I've ever seen. All things considered, I personally hail this perfume as a masterpiece, and I will absolutely be repurchasing in the future.

asha.hab
asha.hab

You know the smell...when you first spray Vanilla Fields and the sweet, strong vanilla note gets in your nose? Decadence is this smell, but stays like it for hours. I love it.

auroramaria

I blind bought this a few months ago and apart from the beautiful opening I did not quite like the evolution of the scent,however after wearing it a few times I have grown to like it a lot it's almost addictive and people around me like it a lot.
What bothered me then was the aftershve effect I seemed to get after a couple of hours wear, now it's almost only amber and plums and wood.I'm enjoying it so far and it gathers compliments

curlykitty8
curlykitty8

Yet another example of of the intriguing enigma that is fragrance.
I am not a fan of Marc Jacobs nor do I care much for designer gourmand concoctions BUT I received a sample at Sephora the other day and decided to smell outside the perfume box.
At first mini spray Decadence was too much of everything I dislike but in no time it became sweet and warm, woody and embracing, gourmand without the goo...
Hours later, while shopping, a man stopped and told me that I smelled wonderful. HMMMMM.... I knew it wasn't a pickup line since he was young enough to be my son.
Thanks, Marc! This could be the start of a unprecedented and sweet friendship.

nirvana1
nirvana1

Another Cheap Blind Buy that I LOVE! IT IS TRULY DECADENT! A Nice Dark Fragrance, the bottle matches the feel and scent. VERY RICH. Can definitely say it is going into rotation! A nice change from the airy fresh Marc Jacobs other fragrances!

badloser

wow what a composition. This smells the way the bottle looks: like an expensive leather bag. This bag is brand spankin new and in it you put your Chanel lipstick, some candy, and your powder foundation. A very original perfume, and a good accessory to a full-nine-yards outfit. Like you're rich and you're on a plane to Italy wearing a beautiful suit with a mimosa in your hand.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Sweet vanilla and cedar closets. It's nice. Word of warning though, it has a distinct dill pickle top note I had to get through to enjoy the rest of the fragrance.

Museumgal
Museumgal

This is the sweetest, powderiest Sugar plum fairy scent! Like plum candies if they were made like volet candies... Delicious and full of lipstick powder. It's great but I don't think it fits it's own marketing. It's not more mature it's still fun and sweet.

emyalda
emyalda

So I originally wrote a negetive review for this perfume
But, I said to myself that I would give it another try on my skin.
And i am so glad I did.
I first found this perfume overpoweringly sweet to the point that it went sour. But now that the weather is cooler it hasn't had the same effect on me.
I didn't really know what I was smelling when I was sniffing this, I couldn't smell each individual note such as the plum or the rose.
This to me is like a middle eastern desert.
Which makes sense because they use rose water and saffron in some desserts.
It was not sickeningly sweet thought, but it you aren't a fan of sweet scents then I know you will not enjoy this.

Another thing I love about this perfume is that it lasted all day! I only spritzed a tiny bit on the back of my hand and have been getting whiffs of it all day. And now that I am in bed and smelling it, it is still going strong.

I think the design of the perfume bottle reflects on the perfume also. It's a beautiful purse you would take out at night if you were heading to a dinner or party and that's the kind of vibe I get from the perfume.

parislady
parislady

Soft and Sensual with a Twist.

This is a new favorite of mine and has all the ingrediants I like in a perfume. Unique, soft and sexy. A mind of its own and not overpowering, just right.

After first sniff I knew I had to have it and am so pleased and have been wearing all the time, its addictive but in a nice way, subtle, sexy with a twist. not too heavy and modern. .Nice longevity too with a lovely warm powdery drydown.

You can smell all the lovely notes from jasmine and ,rose and then saffron , vetiver and amber. But I also can get a slightly light vanilla tone with a caramel note also. Its just warm and sexy but not heavy and lingers on the body in a gentle way. Just enough to make an impact on others.
Getting compliments for this and hubby loves it ,it but most important, I love it, it feels like me.

Think I found a new signature scent.

Marc Jacobs you made a womans scent. Thank you.

Xango
Xango

In the eternal hunt for perfume, I got a sample of this since the bottle was so pretty. I didn't get plum from this, only heavy flowers (chiefly jasmine) and then, once it eased off, the amber came out in full force with a side of vetiver. Luckily, I like amber and it works well with my chemistry. :) Very feminine, not something I'd wear everyday, but not unpleasant.

SaraSeantae
SaraSeantae

Woodsy with softly sweet powdery notes. There is an intriguing depth. This smells of the same deep, glowing green as the bottle, a perfect match. Not quite sultry but not innocent; it pulls you in. Plays very nicely with my body chemistry and I always receive complements when wearing it.

Longevity and sillage are moderate.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I've been sniffing this in magazines for months now. Every time I was intrigued, and liked what I smelled. But papery samples in magazines tend to only be a glimpse into the perfume, so I treated myself to this without a proper test (not quite a blind buy is what I'm saying.)

I'm so confused. Do I like this? Is it too manly? Is it sweet? Yes yes and yes. But I have no idea why I like it. Where would I wear this? I'm all about super sweet gourmands and creamy spicy vanilla. Would I ever be in the mood for this, even though I like it? It's dark fruit (plum), some powder, masculine notes, very woody and plant-like. It is the color green to me. Mossy and damp. But there is a sophisticated sweetness in there.

I tried on a cold rainy spring late afternoon. I find only moderate sillage and potency. Not the huge bomb I expected for the elaborate bottle and price.

I am just not sure how I feel about this. It's definitely different!

Ugh, I just don't know how I feel about this. It's soooo woody and manly.... and my husband said I smell like Deep Woods Off/Bug Spray. I do like the hint of dark sweetness, but this just isn't for me. Damn this expensive blind buy! Even tho I bought a cap-less tester on ebay for way less. I adore the bottle with the cap, but it wasn't worth spending that much.
It isn't a huge sillage bomb IMO, but it did last a long time on my shirt. The next day drydown was actually nicer. Haha.
I understand where people get the Dill Pickle from.... haha.

The jasmine, orris, amber, and woods gave me a tiny vibe of Alien Essence Absolue, but they are nothing alike! I love AEA, but since that took awhile to grow on me, maybe I'll learn to like Decadence. It is unique to my collection, I don't own mossy man perfumes... ;) lol....

Wearing LIGHTLY today at work. The first 4-6 hours are Pickles and Pine-Sol, but I don't mind the drydown! LOL!
The drydown is like a river of amber through a forest of Pines. ;)

My future plan for this 3.4 bottle is to spray a winter sweater/outfit the night before. It def lasts that long, and I only get the drydown. :)

Sasco

Well I've just bought myself a little 30ml, and I've already had three compliments since I put it on at lunchtime. I absolutely love the plum in this little beauty - it also reminds me a tiny bit of Jimmy Choo, but only the barest hint. I won't gush on about how much I like it because I've already written a review but I will say that I'm NOT 'a 14 year old girl' (switch the numbers round!) and I DO find it decadent - in fact, I find ALL perfumes to be decadent, whether they cost £1 or £100. We don't NEED perfume to survive (although a lot of us can convince ourselves otherwise!) - they are little luxuries that help make life more bearable when the going gets tough, and give an extra little zing to the good times. Much like the design of the bottle, I don't think the name is supposed to be taken seriously. If we all approached perfume with the idea that the juice inside should directly corelate to the name on the outside, then sales of Poison would never have got off the ground! If reviewers don't find the fragrance sophisticated enough for them, that's okay, but mean spirited attempts to belittle those of us who DO like it, alludes to a lack of the very sophistication they are hoping to convey.......

ms.serenity
ms.serenity

This is a very nice scent. On me, I can't really detect the "leafy" fragrance that others claim it has but I definitely get a woody, sweet, and somewhat spicy aroma. On Frangrantica, I don't see vanilla indicated as a note but for some reason I can detect it on my skin which is probably why I like it. Although I think the fragrance is a bit too mature for my taste, it's definitely something I'd recommend for those who like more sophisticated, woodsy perfumes. Also, people are saying the bottle is tacky but personally I find it unique and great accessory in one's bedroom.

DramonaScarlet

Love the bottle, the sea green, black and gold look great together. Smells woody and sweet, but not too syrupy and heady. Smells sexy and gorgeous.
Do NOT understand the bad reviews at all. Buying some next week, and very excited about it.

sharon.ramsey.900
sharon.ramsey.900

gorgeous scent, woody and dry, reminds me of vetiver also . will enjoy the bottle I have,

LuxAestiva
LuxAestiva

I don't understand how lychee is not listed as a note; the opening to me is pure lychee. The tacky purse-shaped bottle (it is a really beautiful color though) and confused, overly sweet fragrance earn this a thumbs down from me. This is a poorly named fragrance as only 14 year old girls would find Decadence to be decadent.

Madrona
Madrona

For some reason I thought I would like this, but nope. It is another nauseous floral mess on me, though I find it "leafy" rather than floral if that makes sense. Reminds me of the smell when breaking off one of the leaves of the huge green plant we had in the living room when I grew up.

EDIT: On paper, this is in fact not half bad. It's an eucalyptus lozenge kind of scent when sniffing it on paper but my skin does horrible, horrible things to it.

Ninulia
Ninulia

In a nutshell. This fragrance made me want to write a bad review, which I haven't done don't know after when. The most bothering scent I have ever tried, and I love woody oriental, sweet and heavy ones but this one is off limits... Nothing nice to write about!

tessa2809
tessa2809

Ooh, now this is lush! An instant classic if you ask me. It starts off with a wonderful blast of plum, followed by an intense vanilla-like amber. And just when I thought this perfume would be too sweet for me, it gets more subtle and leaves a wonderful, more subtle and gourmandy amber trail with a hint of vetiver. Very classy and a great lasting power (+10 hours).
I tried this on in april and it definitely feels like a winter scent to me, but I'm still going to get this right now :)

Sasco

I'm hooked on Fragrantica and there's no going back, but sometimes I do wish I could return to the days when I walked into department stores, sampled whatever caught my eye, and then bought whatever was most pleasing to my nose, without being swayed by other people's opinions! I'm disgustingly easily influenced! I've seen this get bad review after bad review, and because I'm not keen on Marc Jacobs' other offerings, I wrote it off completely. And not because I don't like the bottle - you can call it cheap and tacky, but I reckon it's fabulously kitsch and downright adorable. And yes, GigiTheFashionista, I'd kill to see them make a 'real-life' version to tote this about in!

Well, I tried it today. And........ lesson learned. It's lovely! The plummy opening with the saffron does, in my humble opinion, do justice to the name 'Decadence', and I love Rose and jasmine anyway, so that's a win-win for me. It's nowhere near as sweet as his other creations, I enjoy the way the vetiver gives it a masculine edge. I find it very appealing, and I'm sorely tempted to purchase. It's been described as an evening scent, and as a single mummy, I don't get to do much dancing till dawn these days. Sod it. I can still be the best smelling shopper at the grocery store.

Note to self: Trust your own sniffer before all others - it 'nose' best (sorry, had to be done...)

taylorcake1
taylorcake1

Not a huge fan of Marc Jacobs other fragrances but I love this. The moment I smelled the paper sample that fell out of my ulta catalog I knew I had to have it. It's a sweet woody smell on me that lasts FOREVER. It smells unlike anything I've ever sniffed. Powerful, edgy, elegant. I feel like it was made for me. My new signature <3

desdekid
desdekid

Warm, sultry, super sexy, sweet but not cloying, extremely long lasting, I sprayed it in the afternoon and could still feel it the next morning in my hair and on the clothes it lasted for days; makes me feel like a sexy rich bitch :) great for autumn winter

Norgirl
Norgirl

A very strong perfume . Smelling it on my skin i cant think other then This is "Green " I guess the bottle being green has somthing to do with it , But the papyrus and vetiver makes me think green . I did not have the note in front of me , When i see plum i can not say that i can mell that at all . To me it smells green patchouli papyrus vanilla and ligt touch of floral . It isent bad at all but it is with only one spray very powerfull and dominent . I tryed sniffing other perfumes the cloud of Marck jacobs , But it did not work . I could only smell this green patchouli with amber vanilla touch , there is defenetly a balance between the floral green part and sweetnes . very well done , But not my cup of tea im affraid .
A different and interesting perfume . Cool o find something to wrapp your head around trying o figuere it out .
Great testing but not for me

Cocolisa
Cocolisa

Received this as a birthday present from my dear boyfriend and I'm in love with it! I am also very surprised by the long dislike bar since to me this is such a lovely, well made scent!
This is a sweet, gourmand fragrance but not that kind of girly sweet, this is adult, woody sweet! To me the most profound notes are amber, wood, plum and rose. It is warm and inviting, a very sexy perfume.
This even reminds me a little bit of Thierry Mugler's Angel. It is not the same scent, but they have something in common (both have amber, plum, jasmine and rose). Definitely a classic and good quality scent that I will cherish for a long time. Also long lasting and has a good silage.

Miruna
Miruna

I got it for Valentines from my partner and I am very happy with it. Woody-sweet-amber that dries down into powdery, with a quite decent lasting power. Perfect as an interesting every day fragrance.
Also, I love the kitsch it has as a bottle, I find it cute and decorative, although it would be uncomfortable to carry around.

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

This smells like cream soda to me. Not a scent I'd wear.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Marc Jacobs is a brand that is marketed more toward women than men. I say this because there's only one dedicated 'Men's' fragrance which has been out for some years now and always seems to be relegated to the bottom shelf in department stores. Women (well the few I know) seem to display a better knowledge of the brand, and I've often wondered why? Perhaps the other products or feminine perfumes are really good? (I pondered...) Because some of the unisex 'splashes' I've tried smell really quite good but don't last due to rubbish concentration and being light by nature. (same story with for men)
I actually like a innovative bit of design and the chintzy handbag look of the bottle, serves to appeal to another accessory women love...shrewd.
I actually really dig the colour of the bottle too, that deep teal is visually appealing to me.
However, the scent itself is not something I'd recommend due to the fact I see this as a slightly second rate perfume in the mould of Tom Ford Black Orchid.
Doesn't quite have the mystery of BO even, the top notes are an exotically sweet cocktail of tart, plummy berries and exotic flowers (I'm surprised there's non listed? although could be the orris/jasmine sambac combo?) which is actually really pleasant and although too feminine for me, I like it.
The problem is this lasts for all of about 5 mins before that same fruity smell becomes cloying and a bit nauseating to tell the truth. This is made worse by that Black orchid association, notes of thick chocolaty patchouli and a powdered amber base just make this thick and stodgy. The mid stage of this scent is really powdery orris/amber which coupled with the top notes was a slightly dizzying and painful wear for me.
Okay this is the perpective of a man and as such no authority on women's fragrance but I do occasionally dip in when something takes my fancy or in this case I was given samples. Marc Jacobs Decedence is worth a try but I honestly didn't think it was anything special...good job the performance was average and washed off quite easily.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

This is an incredibly luxurious fragrance, the opening is sweet and heady, the plum note is very prominent. As it dries it turns into something different, an almost powdery amber. It smells premium, the Vetiver note gives it a different feel, it is prominent and very smooth. A beautifully blended fragrance, don't be put off by the love or hate it bottle.

BlackAmberMoon
BlackAmberMoon

I love the opening - fresh, fruity/floral, woodsy, but then the dry down turns powdery, which for me is the kiss of death. I'm sure the amber is the culprit. I adore amber, but in some blends it just turns into a powder puff. Throw in the vetiver, and it's just not a good combo. But definitely give it a whirl if you're into fragrances like Si from Armani. Same family.

Purepurple1983
Purepurple1983

This replaced my signature scent. BEAUTIFUL.

paradigm
paradigm

I'm a guy. Ive had 100's of frags from designer, to uber niche, and masculine, feminine, and unisex. My wife just purchased a bottle of this, and its fantastic. Disregard the snobbish remarks being made and judge the scent, instead of the marketing or bottle. I love this so far.

annija8
annija8

It may be miles away from the stuff Marc Jacobs normally does, but decadence it is NOT! The scent itself is pleasant, very sweet and appealing, but it lacks the promised maturity and feeling of luxury.
I'm surprised there aren't tons of vanilla in this perfume.
Overall, it's nice but pretty generic and I don't think the actual perfume fits with the marketing brief.

GrandmaGaga
GrandmaGaga

This starts out so nice...for the first hour or so I can believe this scent might be worthy of being named Decadence. Then comes the dry-down; I'm left with vetiver, which most often strikes me as masculine as a single note; in my mind, decadence = rich (not in money) and to me vetiver registers as quite far from a 'rich' ingredient. To my nose the next several hours until it fades away are not even pleasant...just sharp, irritating vetiver.

KDobiecki
KDobiecki

This is very different from all the other "fun" Marc Jacobs fragrances. It is deeper, woodier, and a bit muskier. I saw someone else write that it has a dusky smokiness, which is totally true. It's woods, with some sweet plum mixed in and a warm amber base. This isn't an everyday fragrance for me, rather one I might pull out every once and again at night.

IgnitingFlares
IgnitingFlares

I'm surprised by the bad reviews here. In the real world and instagram this scent is very popular, at least where I'm from.
As I was looking for a new perfume this one was presented to me by a saleswoman.
I only had to look at the design of the bottle and my mind was made up. This was a scent made to impress and many would by it solely for the bottle and name. Which is a turndown for me since I don't like smelling like 1 in 1000. My thoughts were only confirmed upon smelling. I liked it, it's a strong smell but masculine was not the word that popped up in my head. Somewhere, it reminded me of Le Panthère by Cartier, but it was much richer and less airy. It nails the seduction but lacks refinement and originallity.
Not that I need scents to be super original, I'd definitly buy it if it wasn't from Marc Jacobs. His scents just sell too well and I've smelled it on too many of people I know and I'm not a person to steal go-to scents from friends. Perhaps in a couple of years I might buy it since it has that deep fruity, floral scent I love.

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I just smelled this the other night, and figured I wouldn't like it. Wow, I love it! First I sprayed it on the test strip, and I was so amazed that I actually gave myself a good spray. All night I just liked it more and more. I'll have to get a bottle eventually, but it's pretty pricey right now. I really don't like any of Marc Jacobs' other perfumes, but this is lovely. I think it's sexy, and on me, definitely somewhat gourmand. I don't get the masculine vibe some mention. I tend to hate that in a woman's perfume. I do know that that my husband has a few fragrances that I love so much, I'd possibly wear them. Men's fragrances have come a long way though recently, and I think the lines are blurring somewhat.

I even like the bottle for this, but am thinking I would probably remove the chain/necklace thing. I'm glad he didn't go for a weird looking bottle. This is rather sleek, and seems to suit the perfume. Bravo!

OTA Mom

Such a departure for this designer, I was pleasantly surprised to find something that isn't an endless Daisy flanker and also not too weighted down with heavy base notes. Modern, mature and glamorous. A modern evening scent.

DramonaScarlet

Surprised at the bad reviews here. I was looking for a scent that had an edge of masculinity, but still dominantly feminine, and this was it. It has a dusky smokiness about it, which is the woods coming through. The plum sweetens it and makes it feminine. The vetiver is strong and sophisticated in this scent.

emelim
emelim

Don't like it. Such a disappointment. This perfume smells kinda old fashioned it's not modern smell, will be good for your grandma

chillalot
chillalot

Jilligan is so right. ..this is fresh and warm...its sweet and spicy...very grown and sexy...sprayed it at 2:39 am before work ( legit job...lmao!!)...and I could still smell it by 2pm...I put more on just because its delicious...well done Mark

jovejove

Feels like this fragrance did a cannon ball in the pool. Made a huge splash, but immediately sank. I haven't hear anyone mention it since the month it launched.

Renata tang
Renata tang

I can't take the strong woody smell, gee, I am having a migraine.

Nil3
Nil3

Hmmmm, let's see.....

How do I write a review by just smelling the nozzle....?

If Insolence has been nominated the Violet bomb , Sexy Rio by M.Kors a Jasmine one , then I'd def characterize this one an Amber bomb.

It's sweet , almost vanilla like , only to discover that all the sweetness is from the Amber .

HOWEVER, it's not said that if you are an amber person , this would become a secure blind buy. It's not!

It is played with really well . I can't tell you about the silage and projection , all I did is smell the nozzle and the scent was there under my nose after 10 minutes when I was walking to my car . After that I got no whiffs .,... So, try it.

The person who had this had next to it another bottle of Olympea sitting .

aigilia
aigilia

Tested this perfume at sephora..since so many negative reviews, suprisingly this perfume was not bad at all..it made me keep sniffing the paper strip and my wrist..totally a grown up scent sexy, seductive, dark n mysterious..I think I like it a lot n gonna buy it ^-^

goingblonde
goingblonde

The first MJ fragrance I actually like, although not for the first hour when it smells like hairspray !
Was going to scrub it off but decided to ride it out and about an hour later it becomes a bit sweet and slightly powdery then a soft pretty Amber which I do like a lot
Sadly the longevity is very bad.

jacmac
jacmac

Smells like cheap hairspray. Screechy and stings my nose with a sharpness that isn't pretty at all. I get no sweetness at all, just alcohol smell. Tacky bottle perfectly suits it.

jilligan

My review seems to have disappeared - but after a month of wearing, I can say it's become a favorite. It's one of the few "green" notes that last longer than 10 minutes on my skin, and the dry down is as close to 1998 Givenchy's Organza Indecence as I've found since it went off the market (prior to its reformulation and reintroduction). A great way to blend fresh and warm. I've worn it during the day and in this cold weather it hasn't been overpowering for the office.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

I don't get all these negative reviews. Indeed the scent it not the most unique I smelled, but I find it sexy and provocative. Why everybody is making so much fuss about the bottle?! It's not my thing for sure, but I don't find it gross. Actually, I don't find most of MJ perfumes bottle much sophisticated. I love the notes - plum is beautifully incorporated in this perfume. The vetiver is pretty strong too. Sillage and longevity - excellent. I want this fragrance.

alicerose
alicerose

It smells like pure sugar on me. Candyfloss. I don't think it's either sexy or grown-up, it smells what I imagine a Victoria's Secret perfume would smell like - sweet, fruity and a bit cheap. However I quite like the plummy note. I would wear it (rarely) if I had a sample ...

elmizakamarulzaman
elmizakamarulzaman

Tried the sample at store today. The smell is very much similar to Burberry Brit Rhythm for women. Very very similar but in stronger version of Burberry Brit Rhythm. Really wanted to try this on my skin.

nelise29
nelise29

I sampled this in Macy's the other day because I noticed a sweetness in the air near the bottle. I've seen this as being described as mature. Well if "mature" = masculine, they nailed it. However, I didn't dislike it. It smelled spicy and a bit sweet. I left the card in my purse and can still smell it! To me, the drydown reminds me of D/G Light Blue.

Malenkig
Malenkig

I found this better than the rest of the Marc Jacobs perfumes, but still kind of cheap smelling. There's a schreechiness to it that with three (sometimes even two) sprays gave me an headache. It makes me think of a twentysomething woman who's fun and flirty (and sexy for that matter)but havent quite gotten a style of her own just yet. I did however get a lot of saffron and vanilla on the dry down, which i liked.

The final straw for me was when my boyfriend commented it smelled like his grandmother. She apperently collects girly perfumes. I gave it away.

Planet_X
Planet_X

Ok, I did it. I sprayed it on myself in Debenhams. With idea that I might be delusional and it should be something, anything out there, on modern designer perfume-stage , that you actually CAN wear. Nope.I wish I haven't done that. Synthetic sugar bomb, screechy, annoying, very cheap-smelling like. Also hollow inside, like those tacky Christmas tree decorations with no fantasy and quality, just shiny from afar. Drydown lasts forever and I feel covered by sticky smell of male Lynx deo, that teenagers love that much.
Farewell, my unhealthy experiences with open-minded approach.

Adina Galani
Adina Galani

Am no designer, but that bottle.... I mean, seriously. Totally out of my taste. What kind of public they try to impress with it. It turned me off in an instant. And the juice, o well, just like the bottle, opulent, in a "look at me else I'll slap You", way, that is all. A no no for me. Personal taste though. Fully agree with Nathalie's review all the way.

DariDahlia
DariDahlia

I like this, it's very unique. It reminds me of a VERY light version of Dior Poison. Which I loved, but is too heavy. This has a soapier, powder scent. I would wear it in the summer to smell fresh, clean, and feminine. A perfect first-date fragrance. Not very "decadent" but very nice.

Musselille
Musselille

Tried this today, and it is now on my "want" list. Woody, powdery and the plum, is what I get. It reminds me of a darker version of Burberry Body - at least on my skin ;)

Would be a perfect night scent. I would wear it at night in every season. Don't think it is for wintertime only.

susan1326
susan1326

Sniffed this today and got a Vicks Vapor Rub vibe.

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

I got something unique and leathery from this, something vintage, something familiar.
I find it something different and new, I don't get huge floral from this, and certainly not anything aquatic as some people have said.
I intend to buy it.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

I have the 100 ML Eau de Pafum their largest size. The handbag perfume my friends keep calling it. I wish they had designed an actual handbag to match the fragrance. This is better than most people think. It looks simple with only 9 notes and accords. It's opening is fruity with plum but I really like plum scents and prefer that as an opening or top note instead of citrus, i.e. bergamot orange. The rose and iris are clearly the strongest of the floral notes. If you're familiar with iris, you'll recognize it on this fragrance. The rose is a bit bitter, green, fragrant, and doesn't go away either. This is a rose perfume but it has some Oriental tendencies. Saffron, jasmine, but no sandalwood. Papyrus definitely makes it an Oriental. This is a dry scent that helps with the dry down which is also filled with amber. Jasmine in this fragrance is not a big player. So if you like iris and rose and papyrus in Oriental style fragrances you will like this one. To me it evokes a luxurious hotel in Dubai where a Saudi Arab woman, dressed impeccably and faultlessly in an Oscar Night Red Carpet style evening gown, is waiting in the lobby for her millionaire husband to whisk them out of the hotel on a jet. This is an expensive smelling perfume, and more womanly than unisex. Mature. Not girly. It's got a lot of things I love about it. It's also making a fashion statement. Based on other reviews, it appears that not everyone has warmed up to this fragrance yet but give it some time. I suspect that this year 2016 even celebrities will be wearing this fragrance themselves to Oscar Night and the Golden Globes. It's like something that Mrs. George Clooney would wear LOL It's luxurious, floral, exotic. I'm so happy I have it in my collection. And I want a matching handbag dammit!

Nathalie xoxo
Nathalie xoxo

So, this is what I think about Decadence:
The little purse doesn't look sophisticated, the idea was good but there is too much going on with that bottle, it just looks TacKY. Remove the chain and modify the shape a little bit to make it look more like an evening clutch. (sorry but the designer in me had to say something about the bottle).
And for the juice, yes it's a bit different from the other MJ fragrances, which is a good thing. But I personnaly don't like it, it smells too...TacKy and powdery.

aqua76239
aqua76239

this is very unusual and distinctive fragrance. It has very interesting aquatic green top note that I fell absolutely in love with. Aquafahrenheit by Dior has the same top note actually and I loved it. Anyhoo, I almost bought it on the spot but good thing I didn't. I don't know about plums in it because there is no sign of them whatsoever in the top note(not at least to my nose)
what you will get after top note wear off is slightly powdery woodsy rose. Which is nice, don't get me wrong but not my cup of tea.
I will say this-Decadence is TOTALLY different from anything MJ have done. This strikes me as great deal more sophisticated and adult than his previous offerings.
And...it doesn't smell like anything else on the market. For that alone I will give it high marks but I prefer sweeter scents so I will not purchase.

matthew369
matthew369

tried this again today. it honestly made me come close to gagging. literally.

Sagez
Sagez

I tried this at Sephora back in October and loved it instantly. Made an awesome swap for this with another member here who was happy to choose something from my collection. I get mostly a blast of fresh cool plums in the beginning which I adore, then the amber comes through and warms up almost like a vanilla vibe, drydown for me picks up the papyrus note I think, but not getting the florals. This one is so different, and I find it is not overwelming at any stage, so I can wear it anytime. Really love it!

I think Marc Jacobs is aiming for the new audiences with this perfume. It's the only thing I have tried from their scents, that isn't light, summery and very girly.
This will probably get lots of attention.
It's dark, quite sweet, fruity, ambery and woody.
It's aiming at seductive and alluring presence.
I'm not super impressed with it, or saying it's original, but I find it likable.

Soutty123
Soutty123

It is a bit aquatic, particularly at first but then it becomes softly sweet. Received lots of compliments on it, seems very popular with men for some reason. The combination of fresh and sweet maybe?

I like it enough to have a bottle but I doubt I'd buy another one when I've used it up. Part of the reason I wanted it is because of the bottle which (unusually for me) I have on display. I have the smallest size. I imagine the 100ml bottle could be a nuisance as it actually is the size of a handbag!

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

This is aquatic! I do not like it at all. I smell green melon(maybe unripe plum?), and it gives me an immediate headache. It also has that weird sour-powdery note that makes Light Blue unpalatable to my nose. Maybe Iso E super?

amastara
amastara

the scent itself is highly alluring, though it does not seem to mesh well with a lot of peoples body chemistry. it seems to either work, or not work. not much of an in between.

fortunately for me, it does work, and its defiantly one of my "feel sexy" scents

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

I am sorry but this perfume is wrong in so many ways !! This is horrible. Luca Turin gave a great review on this at Arabian style . 2 stars meaning NOT RECOMMENDED . Yup I agree ...

barentonwithaba
barentonwithaba

Finally got to smell this the other day. Honestly it wasn't anything great. To me all I got was a mix of spree candy and booze. The dry down was ok compres to sharp first spray but it smells kind of old and tacky to me. Almost like a new spin on something old but gone wrong. Not for me and not for the MJ prices.

OTA Mom

I love 'Daisy' and most of its flankers, and this new fragrance is antithetical to those. Given the notes, I would not have expected to like it as well as I do, but they blend well. Not sure that 'Decadence' accurately reflects the vibe of this scent, though, more in control, powerful and steady rather than overtly obnoxious or unnecessarily extravagant as the name would imply. As others have pointed out, I also get an incense impression.

andjela
andjela

This one is a definitive 'yes' as oppose of all other MJ's creations.

theparfumfairy
theparfumfairy

I have never had a good relationship with Marc Jacobs fragrances. After receiving numerous samples of Decadence from Sephora, I was shocked that I actually found a Marc Jacobs perfume that I can tolerate. Finally, a Marc Jacobs scent for grown folks. I redeemed some rewards points from Ulta and got the 50ml for free.

I am a little confused because the samples smelled a little different than the scent from the bottle. The bottle scent is dark, mysterious, sweet and kind of sensual. I get a smoky incense vibe but that is not listed in the fragrance notes.

guachipiruli
guachipiruli

What can I say... I have always disliked brands like Michael Kors, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, etc because I always associate them with expensive prostitutes that cover themselves in logos thinking that makes them classy and chic...

Whatever, once you get passed the hideousness the bottle is (and you ignore the commercials on tv)... Omg such an ugly bottle!! And you have to arm it yourself like an ikea bookshelf...

Well, once you pass all that this is quite a nice perfume. Indeed very vanilla and gourmand although there is no vanilla in the notes list, which i find quite intriguing! Pleasantly surprised I must say. Can be customized to give a strong presence, or elegantly applied to be very soft and sensual. In both cases it will leave your sillage-signature on the sheets if you happen to sleep in someone else´s bed ;-) .

To me this is the Marc Jacobs versión of (original) Addict.

lulu169

got t for Christmas from my sweet sister, although she hated the tester on herself, but I love love love!!!

AmoreProfumi

Got this for xmas!! I love it! Lol my poor mother thought she got me the big bottle b/c of it's hefty price tag (really the 1.7) but that's more then enough having so many other scents I need to go through. && tho I love it, I find this a scent I need to be in the mood for to wear && when I do I only do like 2-3 spritzes so I'm sure that size will last me a while, that && I just love that bottle && don't want to go through it quickly, I feel it's one of those bottles I just couldn't throw away..lol

fabulassie
fabulassie

I got this for Christmas after having sampled it multiple times over the past couple of months. I try not to buy perfume on impulse as I don't want to have too many scents that are just "meh." I knew that I wasn't going to get sick of this.

I'm not good with identifying notes but I would agree with the plum. It's not a cloying fruity but it's got lots of floral in there and to me this scent "sparkles." From reading other reviews I think this smells very different on different people. An hour after spraying on, this smells pretty much the same as it did when I first applied it.

I think it's bold and sophisticated and very feminine. I love it.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

As others have mentioned, this scent has a prominent dill note that I just can't ignore. I can't see how others can't smell it. I absolutely love dill, and I love pickles, but not in my perfume. Upon first sniff, I get dill and sugar. That's it. It's a weird combination and I really have no desire to test it further. Sorry :(

SorceressOfTheDark
SorceressOfTheDark

Warning: Not a favorable review. I was recently in Sephora and saw the little bag of perfume and decided to try it on. I wasn't impressed with the initial spray and walked around shopping.The smell was getting more and more sour, turning minute-by-minute. Within half an hour, it had turned into a rancid after-sex smell. You know the kind. Well, that can be good or bad, depending on where you wear the perfume and actually, how it starts out. But if the entire journey of it isn't good, for me, it's not purchase-worthy. The manager came on the floor, who is a friend of mine, and yelled over to me to come and test the new Marc Jacobs perfume because she needed my opinion. She told me that a number of her girls and herself felt there was a minty feel to it, but mint was not listed in the notes. Why was she getting that, she asked. I had no idea, judging from the notes, but I asked her to smell my wrist. She did, her eyes opened up, and she hesitated to say what she smelled. But she did say, "That doesn't smell good on you..." I asked her what does it remind you of?" She laughed and said "Sex". And then she asked how could that be? What I offered was that some perfumes have a certain chemical composition when mixed with a person's skin to produce certain aromas to create various effects. I explained that some of the earthiness came from the orris root, saffron and jasmine. Unfortunately, I didn't think this was what Marc Jacobs was going for. Imari Elixir and Agent Provocateur L'Agent have the same identical effect for me. On the up side, I think the bottle is different and I like it. Oh well, not every perfume will be a winner for everyone.

d7just
d7just

Decadence is a new scent from Marc Jacobs house. Aromatic (saffron, ginger) flowery (viola, iris, jasmin, rose) balsamic sensual touch of Vanilla! I mean really not Overkill. After 30 minutes is the scent completly perfect on the skin. Check it out!

_Lashes_
_Lashes_

I knew I would love this before I even read the notes! It's very very sexy. It's what sex should smell like lol I only need one spray as any more than that gives me a headache, but it lasts all day and definetly fills the room. Only criticism the bottle design. The chain is so cumbersome, I wish you could remove it or that there was an alternative lid that came in the box. It's ironic that the bottle is based on a handbag but isn't handbag friendly!

Nobrainer22tx
Nobrainer22tx

Oh my gosh I tried a sample of this today and fell in love which doesn't surprise me too much because I typically like scents with Amber, rose, jasmine, plum, and iris. All good. This is a delicious rich sensual fruity scent. Really is decadent. I like all of MJ's stuff, but they are all just "ok" to me. Girl next door kind of scents. This one is luscious and sexy, more mature. Ordered a bottle!

arwa hussein
arwa hussein

this very long lasting perfume on my skin,
for me its smell like cucumber nothing special !!
disappointed :(
edit after trying this again i guess i like it !!
there is something fresh and unusual about it !!

dormir6
dormir6

It is a very good and longlasting parfume!!!!!
The bottle is a good match.
Velvety, mature (I mean it is not girlie, super sweet fruity lotion). It is Wealth, GoodMoney, Taste, Selfrespect and Knowledge of a real Woman!!! Really good. It dares to be different, still has the power to appeal.

stinkypinky
stinkypinky

Wow I just tried this perfume, it caught my eye at one of those perfume makeup stores, so I spritzed a very small amount on my wrist. The silage is MAJOR! It's a roar and not a whisper. It lingers but in a good way. A little is all you need because it's potent, but at the same time it's really a nice scent. It's a floral but not sugary - there's no noticeable vanilla in it because that would make it goopy sweet. It's a very SEXY scent to wear, on me I get a huge hit of the vetiver, jasmine and amber, definitely a cool weather scent - in hot weather it would be too heavy. I like Marc Jacobs perfumes I own several and this one will make its way to my perfume shelf for sure.

lsetshogoe
lsetshogoe

Personally this is Marc Jacobs' best fragrance thus far. His other fragrances were just too casual with nothing wow to them - hence appealing to < 25 women.

To me it's the winter version of Armani Si. Nevertheless, it lasts quite long on my skin, a definite contender for a trendy winter fragrance.

Martaynd
Martaynd

Sample: Not my favorite. Sweet and common. Not a signature fragrance IMO. Not designer worthy.

badloser

it smells like the "JUNGLE" hair conditioner bar from Lush. In a good way.

gerry.madoni
gerry.madoni

Out of about 5 samples including Narciso for her and some others. Marc Jacobs Decadence was the winner. I really like this scent as it is softly seductive with kitten like playfulness. Very nice indeed.

Elmyra
Elmyra

This perfume contains something extremely addictive in it. I couldnt stop smelling my wrist - and yip, i think i want to get this scent.
Very unique. Reminds me personally of Kenzo Jungle, which ive had and loved, its along the same range of scents, powdery and feminine, but muuuch lighter and non cloying, yet long lasting. The base / after its settled a few hrs, it smells amazing on me.

sail0rmars
sail0rmars

I don't know why somebody would want a pefume to look like a bag, so I wasn't so excited to try the new Marc Jacobs perfume. But a saleswoman sprayed me with this and that's what crossed my mind. "I don't know what they've put in but they've made it pretty good!" I couldn't detect any notes and that's good as it didn't remind me of anything, I'm happy that it's not another chocolate fuitchouli or a citrus floral. Feminine and very, very special.

MLK
MLK

I never thought I'd be obsessed by a Marc Jacobs perfume....Decadence says it all, the bottle design, the gorgeous perfume...I've been wearing it for two weeks now and I love it more and more. Even on warm days this has been such a comforting scent to wear. I especially love the seductive dry down with the warm creamy saffron note.... Just beautiful and lasts all day on my skin. I can't fault it....love, love, love.

chakalitpasshun
chakalitpasshun

After reading the reviews and opinions about Decadence, I decided to test this it at Sephora. At first whiff I'm hit with a sharp, fresh, floral/fruity concoction. Almost like a guy used Irish Springs soap in the shower and washed his hair with a sweet warm plum shampoo. The opening is familiar to me, but a stranger to my senses at the same time. The dry down is a mixture of vanilla, amber, a faint clean linen, and a small ripened plum thats been in the sun. Although I disagree that this smells like Bath and Body works, its not wildly groundbreaking either. I would have to give this fragrance 8/10. I like the bottle design, for my vanity, but the longetivity does not justify spending more than $50 on this fragrance. Hence, I purchased the rollerball at $28. I have no idea why this is considered "mature" maybe if it had pink pepper or bergamot or something more oriental or earthy. I actually really like the Marc Jacobs brand as a whole but other than Lola, and the Original Daisy, the sillage has been a miss for me.

jilligan

I bought it. Not because it hits you like a freight train with its sticky sweet floral top note, and the green herbaceous middle note, but because the dry down on my skin is exactly like Organza Indecence by Givenchy- the original 90's version of the last bottle that is sitting in the back of my pantry. Oh My. Never thought I'd get that warm spicy smell again, but it happened. A little too powerful for the office, but in the winter with the sweaters it isn't too overwhelming. YAY!

Cocotea
Cocotea

I have this on my hand at the moment, sniffing it to within an inch of its life. This smells like berries, is very woody and powdery on the dry down. I like that very much. I also smell something sweet and creamy. Vanilla? I have no idea. I don't know if the name Decadence fits this fragrance though...I expected something heavy and very gourmand with a name like that. I expected to want to eat my arm. I feel like I have smelled this before, it reminds me of another fragrance I can't quite put my finger one at the moment. The silage is not monstrous, maybe two feet? Good longevity, four to five hours in me. All in all, it is a very nice fragrance. I like it!

Edit(Day after): I finally remembered what it reminds me of. It's Imari Elixir! Yep. Did a side by side and they do smell very similar, although I find Imari Elixir to be a very scandalous and erotic scent.

Kaamos
Kaamos

I fell hard for this one as soon as I smelled it. It has a bit of that masculine feel at first sniff thanks to the vetiver, but it's the drydown that sells it for me. It's very vanilla-y so I was surprised to find there wasn't any in this composition. I was afraid it was going to be a sillage monster, but it ended up being more of an arm's length type which I'm perfectly happy with. All in all, I think it's a well rounded fragrance, but there's just a little something 'je ne sais quoi' missing to push me over the edge of spending such a ridic amount of money on it.

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

The problem with reviews is we are all different and our skin chemistry is different. I have olive skin that is oily and on me the most prominent notes are the plum and the amber. It's also quite sweet on me, but not like Pravda candy sweet but more like a melon flavoured boiled sweet or maybe rhubarb crumble sweet. In other words a sour sweet. This is sold as a mature sent, but don't be put off as this is a mature Mark Jacobs sent, but is not mature like opium or maybe coco Chanel, more it's not young like daisy. It's more the older sister. I am wearing this today and for me it's pleasant, but just a little bit naughty which is what I wanted. Definitely a try before you buy fragrance. But I am happy with my impulse purchase.

DarlingNikki
DarlingNikki

@Jessora, I smelled that dill pickle thing too LOL! It was very strong on initial spray and I was shocked. I was like, "This smells like Lay's Dill Pickle chips," ha-ha, but it does eventually morph into something papery and elegant, as if smelling a papyrus scroll unearthed from an ancient Egyptian tomb.

VenusDescending
VenusDescending

I'm surprised more people aren't mentioning the prominent DILL top notes. This fragrance smells salty and herbaceous. Exactly like a Dill Pickle.

pravda48
pravda48

I'm surprised to see so much dislike! My sample (thanks to a sweet swap buddy!) leaked a bit on the way, so the package smelled amazing, familiar. I had to find the source.

Of course I had to try it on right away one I found it. I know this from somewhere and I haven't fished it out of my memory banks yet but I'm on it *thumbs up*: EDIT: Got it! DKNY's Creamy Meringue. It has a very creamy, custard-like note I adore. Bit of this also seen in Signorina, just delightful mixed w/ the plum. The more it dries down, the more it REALLY smells like C. Meringue!! At 1st I thought I got a very rich sugarplum smell but now it's dried down to creamy, lightly, mouthwateringly (lemon?) tart with a small pinch of saffron in the background. I would also have guessed there were some gently sweet white florals. I question the note pyramid but will give it a thorough solo testing soon to be sure.

I kind of want to pour the rest of my sample into a bubblebath and literally bathe in it right now to take it in. But, then again the same is true for the DKNY and I. Will revisit soon and edit this but, just wanted to leave it some love since the random 3ish comments I scrolled to really didn't work for the testers!

Winterwitch
Winterwitch

I got a sample of this prrfume in an Ulta catalogue. It made me drool. I couldn't stop smelling myself, it was fantastic. This vetiver heavy scent mixes fantastically with the strongest note of plum, a combination I would have never guessed I would love.
I can't say I "love" this perfume, however. After about 5 hours of wear, the scent fades to a too-warm metallic amber with the previously subtle orris becoming overpowering. It didn't smell awful, but it gave me one hell of a sinus headache!

jessora
jessora

Tried this on today because the bottle was so cute. I was surprised at the woodsy smell in the bottle, reminding me somewhat of the woods I got out of Dior's Midnight Poison. Sprayed a card and thought, I better try this on myself too.

The first scent I got surprised me! It was dill. Definitely dill, bordering on pickle. Dark and deep. It stayed for about 5 minutes then a nice vanilla cookie started to register for me. Then a light leather smell. Eventually I felt like a food dish from Europe I have had known as lepeny, which is a type of cheese cake I guess but it's topped with dill leaves.

The woodsy didn't last. Eventually I just felt, well the dark and deep lush herbal is probably the topnote and the drydown is fine, just a little more common than what I expected. I accidentally sprayed a little on my sleeve and that actually smells quite nice still. The woodsy smell is one that I really am starting to love and enjoy so I am actually considering to spray my clothes now because I can't get the scent I want to last on me.

Coming here and reading the description, I might smell the generic Bulgarian rose a little but not the fruit, at all. I think I might get a hint of the papyrus and vetiver but I don't know orris that well so I'm not sure.

raiza1990
raiza1990

This one does not smells like decadence to me, rather old hollywood glamour =)
I really enjoy this one. It is sweet,bold,opulent, elegant and feminine (grown up feminine, not girly). Projection is super strong and longevity too.
I haven´t smelled many fragrances like this one and the bottle is really creative and gorgeous.
I won´t buy it because i really don´t know where i could wear it and it is a bit expensive ( but at least it smells expensive too!).
Main notes i get are plum and amber.
Marc Jacobs did a really good job with this one.
Note: 9/10
P.s: one spray is enough!

mirrorghost
mirrorghost

somehow i got a sample of this, yay. it starts off fruity and floral, and luckily not too sharp. it smells like shampoo. i can't really pick out notes except plum at first, then i get some amber and iris/orris. i have never liked any marc jacobs scents, of the few i've tried, and i have to say, i like this one the best. i probably wouldn't buy it, but it's kind of nice. a purple-gold scent that is pretty much plummy-amber and iris on me.

hanin80
hanin80

This smelled exactly like the new One Direction perfume Between Us. I sprayed Decadence on one sleeve and Between Us on the other and after a while i couldn't see a difference. Most surprisingly the one direction perfume was stronger and lasted longer on me!! If you liked Decadence, Between Us is a less expensive alternative.

Jomoves
Jomoves

The bottle looks great in real life and the references to Si are obvious. But what really puts me off is the advert with the model practically shagging the bottle and rolling around all over the place. She needs to calm down.

pandasjors
pandasjors

To me this smells like a sharp version of Armani Si. And by sharp i mean really harsh, cloying, nose stingingly sharp.

I really regret using the sample, made me feel sick for almost an hour.

Dries down to a cheap vanilla (Yves Rocher style). Longevity is way too good for such dirt.

lirael00
lirael00

Just've tried this at tokyo airport. Totaly blown away!on me it's very strong creamy and velvety. Couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. Love the bottle and the name. In my opinion it's very daring! Must get my own bottle asap.

APassionateJourney
APassionateJourney

My goodness, this is one of my new faves! I cannot stop wearing this one and the La Vie Est Belle Intense!

This one is a very sweet and masculine fragrance. It starts off with a punch of that sweet plum dancing around the papyrus. The papyrus stops the sweetness dead in its tracks, but it does not force it to retreat. The blend so well together. I can even smell just the faintest hint of saffron in this fragrance. The drydown is all amber. Very long lasting, but stays very close to the skin after about 2 hours. It does stay on me all day, just very faint. You would have to darn near be Dracula bitting at my neck to smell a whiff, but I do not mind this. It stays there for a long time. Well done, Marc Jacobs.

GloriaGisela
GloriaGisela

Is smells sooooo creamy and glam!!!!... Interested in swapping if you guys bought it and did not like it!!!!....

polkadot27

I have just remembered what this scent smells like. It smells of impulse be surprised body spray!

pallasathene8
pallasathene8

It's not a bad scent, but it's dark sweetness reminds me just enough of Black Orchid to make me wish I was wearing it instead. Between the unfortunately tacky bottle and the fact that there are decadent alternatives I'd rather be wearing, I won't be buying this one.

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

While this is a negative review for Decadence, I thought it would be helpful (or stimulating at least) to list a few easily accessible fragrances that I think are Decadence-like but superior in quality and composition. They might be fun to try for comparing/contrasting purposes.

The type of on-trend, "decadent" notes featured in Decadence demand high quality ingredients and masterful composition. Everything Marc Jacobs house is working with falls short. What was the "goal" of this fragrance?

Decadence's screechy, fruity opening swiftly settles into a wanna-be high end/niche "deep-woody-sweet" fragrance and then fades quickly into a thin, sharp raspberry scent. (The terrible raspberry is barely detectable 30 minutes later, thank goodness.) It smells like Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck with harsh woods and a ill-placed vetiver note added. No part of Decadence translates into anything enjoyable to me, which is a shame because I like the little purse bottle and color scheme.

Some fragrances to explore if you want a Decadence vibe, only better:

1. Versace Oriental Oud for women. In my opinion, this is SO underrated and quite good! Very on trend with the oud, but not too "out there".
2. Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme. Yes, it is more expensive than Decadence, et. al. - smell it and you will understand why. It is rich in every sense of the word. A perfect balance of sweet, creamy and woody.
3. Tom Ford Velvet Orchid. This is popular for a reason, as is its "darker" sister, Black Orchid. If you really like Decadence, smell VO. It's sweet enough for the sweet-lovers but its depth and longevity set it apart. It smells "purple" :)
4. Calvin Klein Euphoria - It's been around for a while, sure, but you can find Euphoria for a song and it lasts longer and is far more interesting (in my opinion) than Decadence.

Sorry if the Decadence review was harsh - I would never pay the price this fragrance is demanding when it is such poorly created, void-of-personality juice. There is better stuff out there.

MademoiselleMaya
MademoiselleMaya

The start is very niche and yes, decadent, with the opulence of plums, saffron, orris, vetiver and amber, and at this point I like it. It's boozy, spicy, has some distant echo of Tom Ford and Kenzo Jungle but it dwindles after about 3-4 hours revealing a weak, chemical and cheap smelling base. That lack of development disappointed me. Otherwise it's fun and the packaging makes a statement, I like it.

chio17
chio17

Upon first spray I can smell a very delicate floral fruity scent that is so pleasant and inoffensive but while the scent make its way to the heart and base it becomes very unpleasant, harsh grassy and manly cologne! I was like wth just happened?!? Where did all the pleasant and lovely notes go?! They all just dissipate rather quickly and all that's left are the masculine kinda notes in it!

Too bad the bottle looks like a glamorous purse of a stunning and sophisticated woman. The bottle does not fit the juice inside...it probably suits a bottle that looks like a man's aftershave because it is very manly...like seriously! And they should have named it "Grass".

I really love the bottle and I would love to give the juice a chance but NO! Sorry....I don't want my skin and clothes to smell like a man's aftershave...

Amac24
Amac24

The fragrance is okay smells pretty generic like I have smelled the scent before the bottle is pretty love it! Hmm I wouldn't buy this but if it were gifted to me I would wear it.

whammy
whammy

ADDICTIVE AND WOODY

The first time I tried Decadence I was underwhelmed and could not pin point the notes, however I could not stop smelling my wrist the whole day! To me it is addictive and stood out above the other perfume samples I had.

I received a bottle of this at Christmas and wore it out on New Years Eve. I have never received so many questions as to what I was wearing! It seemed to drown out any other scents in the room. Sillage is great and I could smell it after 10+ hours.

It is definitely a mature scent in comparison to Jacobs other fragrances. I also think the green coloured bottle is really cute!

prettyswag

This is a fragrance that someone has to have the right chemistry for it. So, taking a sample home for a day before getting stuck with a huge bottle. I liked the scent but ...don't like it enough to purchase a huge bottle. This is an androgony scent..femme n manly blend , love or hate...this should be labeled unisex. Marc Jacobs made a scent like a "Angel" muglar style type perfume ...cause " this you love or hate it". Plus this a one season type scent ....fall winter ...summer no! With all that said ...it smells a bit cheap....I'd rather wear "Dior addict" for my decadent winter scent. My hubby thinks this smells like a man and it makes a great air freshener for your home , just like a candle.

LisaMari
LisaMari

To me it smells very minty and the saffron seems to get give it a dirty note.. its like an old fake leather handbag full of coins.

elliselove
elliselove

I sprayed a tester at Ulta a week ago and my first impression was mmm "vanilla". I like creamy scents during cold weather, you know. The scents lasted a long time compared to body sprays/eau de toilette I've been using. This one doesn't smell cheap either. I think a little spritz will do for whole day which is awesome.

I usually like fresh/light scents but the scents don't last long so if anyone has recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

Linaskye
Linaskye

I get so irritated with salespeople at Sephora and Macy's when I'm looking at perfumes because selecting a perfume is such a personal thing, and someone's "clean and light" might be another one's "heavy and overpowering". However, the lady at Macy's led me straight to Decadence when I said I wanted something different and sexy that not everyone was wearing (though I suspect they WILL all be wearing it soon enough). She sprayed a paper tester, and in the process sprayed my hand. When I sniffed the paper, I was repulsed. Who would want to smell like fruit and NyQuil?! I was disappointed because I'd read such promising things, And the bottle reminded me of a vintage designer handbag that a girl buys for no reason other than its own fabulosity.

This is where it got weird for me though. On paper, it actually made me spring away from the tester. However, the place where the sales lady got it on my hand was a different story. I kept thinking, "what's that smell? It's kind of...sexy" and then I'd sniff my hand and realize it was me. Then I'd get almost annoyed by the smell. Then I'd sniff my hand again. Then I'd think I smelled a really sexy cologne, and I knew it was me again. I've honestly never run into a fragrance that I can't categorize as love, like, or dislike until I grappled with Decadence. I'm certain that this is one of the most polarizing scents I've (at this point) discovered, and I'm interested to see how well this does in the public consciousness.

Cel405
Cel405

I gave this a try earlier with a tester bottle, hoping that it would be something really wonderful for me. Unfortunately, it wasn't. I was thinking it would be this more of a heady scent, not (to me) more of a fruity scent. I get mostly plum and some jasmine with a little amber and wood. There is this almost alcoholic / medicinal note to it. It's almost like walking into a dentist office. That strong disinfectant smell? That's part of what I get from this.

I don't know though, if I didn't detect that element, I probably still wouldn't care for this a whole lot. It just doesn't sit right with me for some reason.

As for the bottle itself, I think it's quite lovely!

Space-Elf
Space-Elf

I am a huge fan on Marc Jacobs' fruity summery girly scents, among which Dot and Daisy Eau so fresh are my most favs. The latter would have probably even been my summer signature scent if it wasn't so short lived... Now, having read the description of Decadence and the reviews, having looked at the notes, I went ant got me a sample with a 99% certainty that this one is definitely not for me... I mean, everything suggested I was supposed to hate this! Then I sprayed it on and... OMG. Heaven.

Wait... What? How? Why? I couldn't understand why it just worked for me, so I wanted to figure out what it is exactly in this juice that makes my nose want to sniff and sniff it again... And then I stumbled upon mentioning of Emporio Armani Diamonds here somewhere... Now, Diamonds has been my signature scent in the past for years, but this isn't anything like it surely? And then out of curiosity I went to check Diamonds' notes and OMG... Mystery solved! Rose, Amber, vetiver are all there, but instead of litchi+raspberry opening here is plum. Where Diamonds was tangy this is rounded, creamy and smooth.

I requested this for Christmas but I might just take that back... Don't think I can live without it for another 6 weeks, as my sample has only a couple of sprays left...

PS. And the bottle!!! Whoever thought of emerald green with black and gold to represent this scent is a genius. This is just what a black velvet dress and emeralds on a golden chain should smell of.

Napper216
Napper216

*spray on wrist and quick sniff* "Ooh, that's nice!"

5 minutes later, I get: PLUMPLUMPLUMPLUMPLUM and a little amber at the start. Forget plum, actually... it's damson jam! LALALALA I AM PLUM YOOHOO I AM PLUM CAN YOU HEAR ME LALALALA PLUMPLUMPLUM!

30 minutes - 2 hours later: *sniff again* "Actually, this is kind of annoying." PLUUM! PLUUUUM! PLUUUUM! [plum suddenly loses its voice] pluuuuuuuummmmmm [Enter rose]

8 hours later: Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Paper! [Plus some amber and maybe vetiver standing quietly to one side]

+ + + + +

It's heavy but not in a way I personally like all that much Not too dissimilar to Bonbon on that front, although the notes and composition are nothing alike). There was something green somewhere, but I'm not sure what.

I may have oversprayed, but the mist didn't spread out all that much (Maybe the bottle I tried had a dodgy nozzle).
The bottle's heavier than I expected and I love the tactile differences between the lid and bottle.
In fact, I legit want to buy an empty bottle of this to have as an ornament and am trying to find other frags in handbag-shaped bottles.

Overall, I think I can safely say this isn't for me but it was certainly worth experiencing. A pity, but at least I found out before buying any! I'd have been furious if I hadn't done that.

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

I dont like many Marc Jacobs perfumes, they were too airy and whispy for my liking. But here is a try from Marc at being sexy, dark and "decadent"...and I quite like it!

I will say it now, this is certainly sexy. Tight short dress, smokey eyes, and high heels sort of sexy. I wouldn't call this a trashy or cheap sexy but any sweeter, any fruity, and this perhaps could be. Smelling Decadence, I smell sugar plums, amber, wood and a bit of powder. Smells fruity, but dark fruit that is sticky and syrupy yet very smoothed out by the other notes. I find this well done, along with the attractive purse bottle it comes in; I can imagine this being a good seller.

Decadence is feminine, dark, glitzy, and perfect for going out at night, going to the club, bar, or going on a date that will end up in making out.

girasole638
girasole638

What a beautiful bottle! I'm not usually a bottle person but I can see why this would appeal to many - a clever design and beautiful colors. As for the juice, to me it dries down to La Vie Est Belle + Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black. Really, the likeness is uncanny! It has the praline-and-vanilla sweetness of LVEB tempered by the dry, scratchy sandalwood/patchouli of Nirvana Black (yes, I know these don't appear in the notes). It's a pleasant scent but not entirely unique. Nevertheless, I predict it will be very popular - the bottle alone practically guarantees that. Get ready to smell this everywhere after Christmas...

MedusaGorgon
MedusaGorgon

It is absolutely reminds me some of the Opus of Amouage, don't remember which one.

DIVa999
DIVa999

I got it yesterday! For my birthday)))) I did not really like it from the beginning, but then it OPENS its heart on my wrist perfectly. The scent is very unusual: I can feel saffron, amber and papyrus wood. It changes very quickly from the beginning notes to the last notes, so maybe its middle notes is not for my skin... Anyway, the package was great: satin box, necklace and the clutch. I bought it at Macy's. Don't hesitate to buy it, this perfume is great and "beautifully wasted"))) DECADENCE!

sassa7
sassa7

I love when perfumes smell like sweets made of fruits, just like Givenchy's Hot Couture EDT smells like sweet grape(the Greek dessert), this one smells like sweet fig dessert. I detect some smokiness in this as well. So mysterious & dark, with a bit of a masculine vibe to it and a green note. The dark green bottle suits it perfectly, it reminds me of the green sea waters of Melissani Cave in Greece.

sergio15
sergio15

This was a surprise, after testing Mod Noir (a green watery white floral) i was pleasantly surprised but Marc Jacobs has always made light watered down perfumes like Daisy, Dot, Honey and Daisy Dream. Decadence tries to be sultry and it kind of succeeds, Decadence is powdery and comforting iris. However, every time i smell the tester strip it reminds me of when i used to open a strip of grape gum and that powder that stayed on your fingers, it has this powdery bubblegum vibe and it's kind of nostalgic to me but it's a nice fragrance overall and i guess Marc Jacobs is heading in the right direction with fragrance. It also lasts a lot longer than many of his other perfumes.

Dort0625
Dort0625

While browsing the perfume section at SDM, I came across this. There are several Marc Jacobs fragrances that I enjoy, so I figured this to be the typical fruity floral summer fun in a bottle that is out out by Marc Jacobs. I noticed a MUCH larger price tag on this one though, like....ridiculously over priced! I figured that it must be outstanding and stunning for a price tag this large. I was very disappointed. I'm sure there will be lots of people who will love it, it's just not my personal style.

Emma0714
Emma0714

Aaah I see. Plum. I thought it was mango. Well. It's fruity alright. Not a bad fragrance, just not my cup of tea.

I was intrigued when I skimmed through the reviews here to see several people claiming it to be a bit masculin.

That is not the case at all, for me at least. I actually get a lot of similarities from The Body Shops Mango edt on my skin, though obviously the complexity is definitely different.

If you want something just __slightly__ similar, like saffron, fruity-floral-sugary mashup; try Traversee du Bosphore by L'Artisan Parfumeur. It's just... funnier.

Though the bottle sure is something.

Livvy111
Livvy111

There is a synthetic note that goes sour on my skin. Quite jarring- don't like at all! Its a shame because I like the warmth and luxury feel of the fragrance, but this synthetic note lingers-smells a bit like play-dough.

HannahNori
HannahNori

I tested this fragrance today at Macys. I adore it! The longer I wore it, the more I liked it. It smells very rich and sexy to me. Very feminine in a sultry way. I love the rich green bottle shaped like a little purse with a chain.
I have this one on my " to purchase list."

I got a little sample when I purchased my Opium perfume. It will have to last me until I can buy it.

bluepistachio
bluepistachio

It is a memorable fragrance, though it reminds me of a couple of perfumes out there. The bottle is very well designed (in my opinion it would have looked better without the snakeskin texture). The fragrance is just as loud and confident as its packaging. However, it does smell inexpensive. Not so elegant, it is just slightly sophisticated. More of a fun night fragrance. It's very sweet and loud. Not as strong as La Vie Est Belle. I like that its strong but not uber strong like that. I don't take this fragrance so seriously. It's just a "I don't care what people say, just wanna have fun" fragrance. lol.

yidansheng
yidansheng

For me, it's a baby of Armani Si and Black Opium. Nicely blended, smartly designed.

lulu169

I bet they wouldnt like it on you...because this is really a Piece of art, haute Couture, uber-modern, hot,...but nothing like the likable everybody´s Darling, say, Daisy. this is a devill, not an engel, so be aware....!!!

nefe
nefe

I bought M.J Decadence yesterday.I wanted to change perfume(guerlain la petite robe noir)..... and I couldn't find any perfume to like so I was dissapointed, I had already tested many perfumes and suddenly I smell this...Something different, loud...very LOUD!Hmmm....I thought that MJ's perfumes are very low profile...but this is much different....I like it and still smell it in the testing paper ....I will review again, to say the reactions from the others around me , wherther they like it or no....

ellina1984
ellina1984

The top was so promising! I kept getting whiffs of different gourmand notes: caramel, vanilla, cinnamon, coffee, coming up one after the other. Lovely. And then, it turned sticky, cloyingly sweet, like melted purple jelly sweets. Not nice. And, if I may add a word about the bottle, I find it positively hideous.

natfragrant

As a gourmand-musk-spice junkie, I love this fragrance however I won't understand why people refer to this as unisex. It's so utterly sweet.

Sebaht
Sebaht

This is impressive, potent rich and lingers on all day. I've used it with other fragrances and this being the smallest amount that I used and it outshines the rest all day.

canadianpetite
canadianpetite

Definite amber and vetiver notes with hints of saffron. On the drydown, I can detect the sweet plum. To me it has a musky vibe. Feminine and easy for the office. I actually love the bottle design more than the scent. The green bottle resembles a purse complete with gold link chain as a strap and black tassels. I could develop serious muscle from lifting off the heavily weighted flap (lid). Would love to purchase just to collect the bottle.

One spray on me,
Sillage: a foot for one hour then wrist-to-nose afterwards
Longevity: 4 hours

lulu169

modern chic and UNISEX indeed...

Very unusual fragrance with distinctive saffron note at the beginning. I'm happy that I like it enough to buy it because of the gorgeous bottle!
This scent is very subtle and really nice. It's slightly warm, very smooth and ladylike. Suitable for all seasons, including cool summer. Office safe, because stillage is rather soft.
By the way, it's clearly unisex. Good for a lady or a gentleman.

This is an update, I cannot make Decadence work for me!! It is a chameleon scent,I enjoy the creaminess in the top notes, then the heart gets like after shave a bit, I feel it is kind of a really strangely mixed up scent!? With notes that kind of interfere with each other...it smells kind of nice, but I don't feel I like it on me!! I suspect the papyrus does that, I don't like that note really...

Adickted2it
Adickted2it

Okay, sooo IMO this scent smells exactly like sex with a rich older man. It is a melted mixture of ultra femine and firm masculinity. It smells the way that a sweet gourmaund fragrance would when you are hot and dewy mixed with that boyfriend's Tshirt or sheets. It remindz me of the smell you have when you conquered/tamed a man's rough side. If you could bottle sexual confidence this would be it however i wouldnt put it in a little green purse. I must say i love the packaging. It reminds me of a purse i had in 1997. I wouldve liked to see a bottle like RiRi for this scent. What do you all think. I am not a perfumer. Just a consumer and lover of fragrance. To me the smell reminds me of gaga fame. Which has similar notes of jasmine saffron wood, etc. i am in love with them both. I want to thank MJ for coloring outside the lines on this one. One more dot fragrance and i was going to go insane in every sephora, macy, and marshalls/tjmaxx/ross from here to long island. I was f in over that light fluffy boring stuff. BBHMM. I hope this is a trend. Lets go hard in the paint with the fragrances. Let each one have strong presence. Screw these people and their allergies and preferences. Im in here!!! Can u smell me???!! Decadance. In the building. Throw it up!! Brrrrrrraatttt! Brooklyn Bronx Harlem Queens Manhattan. Stand up. Representing. Lol.

HeatherStarr2424
HeatherStarr2424

My newest obsession. And hey-there are worse obsessions to have.

Juicy, creamy, darker and surprisingly long lasting for a Mr. Jacobs scent. I thought I smelled berries at first, that's the plum. Then the creamy amber and vetiver. Goodness. Very sweet and powdery yet sexy - this doesn't smell like a grandma. Although my grandma was fierce. I lovvvvvveeeee this. Following along the lines of Armani's Si (lovvvvveeeeeeeee that one), this is just so unique and makes people lean in again and say, "you smell gooooooddd". And you can do your diva hair flip and say, "I know". And walk off with this bad ass bottle proudly (and decadently) on your counter at home knowing you are fabulous. Plus if you've been sorted into the Slytherin House (like yours truly), you need this anyway - that bottle, yo.

Go get this. Do your thang with your swag and smell fierce. #slay

sarabeegee
sarabeegee

Like the woodiness and plum top note. More adult than most other Marc Jacobs scents (Dot, the Daisy flankers, et al.). I like it, but HATE the tacky bottle that is supposed to look like an expensive purse, I guess? Will throw away the dumb "purse" cap and retain just the green bottle.

arrode
arrode

Ok so I absolutely hate the tackiness of the bottle, but enjoy the fragrance. It's very unique for a Marc Jacobs and also much different than any of the other super mainstream fashion designer fragrances! It's heavy and radiated off my wrist very well. I can imagine it won't be a super great seller though because of how atypical it is, but I have a new appreciation for Marc Jacobs fragrances now!

missingpuzzle
missingpuzzle

Decadence is very feminine and quite original for a mainstream fragrance. It reminds me of Potion by Dsquared2 which I really like. It's a creamy fruit that was going to be overripe but was immediately balanced with woody notes. Decadence, indeed.

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

This smells very masculine to me. The bottle is beautiful but I will not purchase this beauty because it is not feminine or what I had expected.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Decadence is much 'louder' than earlier Marc Jacobs offerings, a medium heavy fruity floral. It's nice, nothing wrong with it, but it smells like a copy of the original Hanae Mori to me. I like that fragrance so that is not a negative for me, but this is just what hit me when I smelled it.

auroramaria

Decadence is a very masculine scent for women too masculine in fact however I like it and find myself craving it.
It's not a love for me but a solid like.On me it starts with a very melony note and about five minutes later it gets very vanillic sweet which I love, it is a heavy scent but after a couple of hours wear it is down to skin scent.as I'm used to the heavy hitters Decadence is not too powerful for me.the thing is at some point I smell like I'm wearing a men's cologne with something sweet on top and I also get a tropical vibe from it which does not bring to mind decadence to me.All in all a good scent but nothing special for me.

smellysmellerson
smellysmellerson

Spot on review MattChartier. I was totally expecting something decadent and scandalous, but yawned instead. This is a totally forgettable scent. Only the bottle makes a lasting impression. However this would be a masterpiece for B and BW, and I would definitely buy the shower gel if they did come out with something like this.

Zetamamman
Zetamamman

On me, this is interesting the first hour or two. La Vie Est Belle chugging along steadily in the background while different coloured interesting little sparks jump around. Then they sparks get tired and dissapear, unlike the LVEB train, that continues in a straight line until the next day. But, not as cloying and sugary as the actual LVEB, but a version that is actually pleasant.

Edit 24/11/15
Now I found out what the early sparks smell like on me- violet! The violet I always wanted in a perfume, soft and creamy instead of sharp and cold. Like sweet violet-patchouli soda. I may have to get this one.

Edit 24/12/15
After spending some quality time with Tonka Imperiale, I get previous reviewers that talk about harsh and synthetic. Just didn't smell that before! Will not get, saving up for full bottle of TI for when my partial one runs out.

joan100
joan100

This is a very masculine smell indeed for a woman's fragrance in my opinion. I think they have overdone the vetiver, papyrus and amber too much which masks the more delicate notes like iris, plum, rose and saffron. These notes just don't blend well. This smell also reminds me of some of the weird fragrances from niche brands. If you like dark, heady, "expensive" smelling scents then go for it!

MattChartier
MattChartier

I can't remember being more disappointed by a modern release than I was when I sniffed Marc Jacobs Decadence.
I was expecting something spicy or ambery, the marketing all suggested it'd be an oriental.
What I got when I smelled it was a brief aquatic/melony Calone opening, followed by a heart accord that smelled like those peachy apricot flavored hard candies that elderly women suck on to keep their mouths from drying out (Nectaryl, is that you? I know this was probably a Firmenich creation, but I swear I smelled Nectaryl, the Givaudan lactonic peach apricot accord). I never made it to the base, I tossed the test strip with a yawn long before it could make an appearance.
I guess I just didn't expect it to be so ... boring!
Maybe we'll get a slightly less boring 'Decadence Noir' next year.

Jojopie
Jojopie

I've never owned vera wang princess, but I owned an imitation oil version of it, and this smells exacly like it, right down to the oil smell.

AmoreProfumi

To think I almost shunned this for the all over the place reviews && strong votes of the dislike button..this exudes it's Decadence name, rich sultry warm && inviting, you'll either going to love this or hate it, but with wut I just described why would you not love this?! I'm really glad MJ chose to go in a different direction b/c it really payed off, IMO this has been his best fragrance since Daisy..b/c there's enough there to make it stand out && apart rom the rest. This isn't Marc's usual fruity girly scent this is for the modern mature woman who wants to be bold yet subtle at the same time, I also like that he played with a scent that's a bit androgynous && has some masculinity to it; && that bottle talk about that bottle even more gorgeous in person, I seen the beautiful display in my local Nords all front && center that gorgeous teal box && bottle enough to suck you right on over, I picked up the bottle applied a spritz to the back of my hand && WOW! it got a wow && in my book when it gets a wow! it is good stuff! If I had to compare it to any scent I say at least on my skin it kinda favored a more deeper richer version of Armani's Si which I also like. The longevity I would say is in between you may have to re-apply for all day wear, sillage though is pretty bomb, it's a lovely night on the town scent, in all I have to applaud Mr. Jacobs so much win I needed 2 samples! eek! ;D <3

*Update* the more I wear this && catch subtle wafts hands down it reminds me of a slightly deeper more woody version of Armani 'Si' a few of my associates also agreed it does. *I work in perfume I'm around it everyday I know people smell different, but that's what I get*, this scent exudes sexy, it one of those I feel sexy while wearing it type of scent. ;)

charloppe
charloppe

To me, this is an evening version of MJ Daisy Eau so Fresh! They share the plum, rose and jasmine so I´m not surpriced...or am I? I must say that this sent is promoted soooo differently that I did expect something more different from Eau so Fresh!
Maybe my nose is overly sensitive to the plum/rose/jasmine because I seem to be the only one mentioning a similarity. It is a little like two sisters with lots of similarities only one is a blond, the other a brunette :) Well, in any case I love Eau so Fresh and I like Decadence.

antonpan
antonpan

I must confess I do love the scent. With Tom Ford Noir Pour Femme they both start the new trend in the womens perfumery. They are sweet, but sophisticated, sweet, but deep, sweet, but not La Vie Est Belle copies as many others. Olfactively, Decadance is fruity ambery vanilla with spicy/woody undertones. It starts off with an accord of dry fruits (plum? or other berries), then becoming richer and opulent with a strong amber and touch of vanilla.

The fragrance has presents an even niche quality, so its high price is justified. That way it has a masculine vibe typical for all ambery fragrances, on my skin it stays dry and ambery not turning into flowers. The bottle is not a materpiece to my taste.

Izzy smells
Izzy smells

I tried this earlier today on some card and was confused about why I could still smell the paper. On second investigation, I smelt the plum and the saffron, and was at a loss as to whether I liked or hated the scent. As the last time I had that reaction was with CD Hypnotic Poison edt, which is now a firm staple, I decided to try it on my arm.
That was over 3 hours ago now, and I don't know if it's just my chemistry, but Decadence has dried down to a papery, sweet smell that keeps forcing me to sniff my arm. It's reminiscent of flicking through a book, mixed with occasional wafts of sweet, ripe fruit.
It's not particularly feminine to me, and reminds me more of an aftershave, but not unpleasantly so. I've since gone on to order a bottle, because there's something about this I genuinely can't drag my nose away from. Also, although the sensible part of me thinks the packaging is a little tacky, but I still couldn't help myself from cooing over it in the shop when the lady pointed it out.

Sxaninha
Sxaninha

Another good surprise today, I was gifted a sample. This stuff is potent. A dark elegant perfume for outgoing. Yes, sugary like we used to know Marc Jacobs perfumes. I would put it at the same row as Tresor La nuit de Lancome. I don't know yet about the longevity but this dark bomb made me think about La nuit. The fruitiness comes out like a fruit liquor. I think the powderness turns it more sweet than it would need to be. But Ok, maybe MJ comes with a even darker the next months. LOL. It's intoxicating but not in a bad way. Thumb up.

deviation
deviation

Another designer perfume where they spend time and money on designing the bottle rather than creating new notes. Bottle is glamorous looking however that is all there is to it! Nothing different than Daisy(think jasmine and violets notes)and dries down to floral amber. In short, notes are clashing and a heady floral to make things worse.

edit: Okay so this perfume's mid note is florally amber which lasts like for hours and after 12 hours ( had sprayed on my sleeve) it then dries down to hearts. The headache-y floral takes a back seat and lets the vetiver take centre stage. Yet not sold on it because it still smells generic.

Caledonian77
Caledonian77

I found Decadence not to be a morpher meaning it was consistent all the way through the 3 levels of notes but has depth. This is a seriously indulgent spicy rich scent but i am loving the deepness from the musk. It is also sweet brings me in mind of Viktor Rolf Flowerbomb but i am not here to follow the flock as i wan't to give Decadence some worthwhile credit. Deliciously soft on dry down but still lingers & of course powdery & sensual. I am not sure if the young ones would go for this as the woody notes add some maturity. The bag design is to die for quite imaginative, striking emerald. Not to everyone's taste but some scents have to throw caution to the wind, i like it.

DJJellyBean
DJJellyBean

In the beginning this reminds me of Katy Perry Killer Queen or something along those lines. It's a scent that I've smelled before, kinda fruit-chouli territory. Dry down is green, fresh/ozonic, and almost patchouli like from the vetiver. Not really a fan (too familiar/overdone imo) but I like the bottle.
Edit: I feel like A Dozen Roses Angel Face comes to mind with this one but fresher.

ChypreAnn
ChypreAnn

I'm not sure if I like this or not. Not enough to buy, anyway. The opening has a hint of camphor to me, like muscle rub. Then the drydown is pure pipe tobacco to my nose. I don't actively dislike either of those scents; I just don't want my body to smell like them.

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

This reminds me of the sweets 'palma violets' a little. Opens with a burst of sweet berrys but not too sickly. I sprayed this on my coat and two days later it is still going strong ! To me, it is worth the price tag.Probably aimed at the younger woman at a guess. Gorgeous bottle too =D

Aurorquill
Aurorquill

I was given a sample card of this in a department store and after a week of melting every time I opened my bag and caught a whiff I finally cracked and picked up a bottle of this in the duty free. I adore it. I love that is it not too girlish and I can still smell it on myself 12hours after applying 2 sprays. Delicious!

evacecilias
evacecilias

Except the thing I'm not smellME anymore , but evacecilias...
this is a typical smellME perfume !!!
Strong, cold/bold, fresh, unisex , slightly sweet , amber gold...
and I am "sold" The bottle is both cute and tacky , a bit aiming the wrong direction. This is mature and not dolly. It should have been bottled like the Malles or Byredo, to make the juice justice. But the green colour is beautiful and matches the scent and they did a good job on the packaging ,
The bag "lid" was enourmosly well packed and I like the velvety box.
Best from Marc Jacobs ! - niche like if I may say so....
Love this !
Period.

Update : To be used sparingly, I had two persons reacting on me wearing this
, early morning of today. - Somethings smell strong here...
Well light hand should be used with every potent perfume...
Did I say potent ?
Yes it is - but lovely !

Sevparfumaddict
Sevparfumaddict

It reminds me of "un jardin après la mousson " by Hermes. But very dark and strong. Not feminine. Beautiful bottle.

autumn777
autumn777

The opening... I get Pickle.
The drydown... cloying, spicy.
All around I get Headache!

Kohla1
Kohla1

This is really really strong at first and gives me a headache. Flowers-in-the-springtime you nailed it when you say it opens with something very harsh. I like the drydown ok but the opening is so ugly I wont buy it.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

In my youth and before I knew better, I would probably have liked Decadence. Today, I am much more discerning when it comes to perfume. Being a 'perfumaholic' for the last 10 years has taught me the good, the bad and the ugly of the perfume world and whilst I may not be that great an expert, or a connoisseur of notes, I have learned a thing or two over the years.
When the 'Daisy' range was created by MJ, it was a bland, wishy washy perfume which appealed to the young soulless floral lovers but this new fragrance is another new ball game.
Decadence opens with something so harsh and sharp that it seriously terrorises your olfactory senses. I honestly recoiled from the smell. I can only describe this as a blast of pepper and then a concoction of the most synthetic notes I have ever smelled.
I feel that this fragrance is trying to be YSL Black Opium, but someone has got this terribly wrong. The perfume doesn't soften or mellow, even after a whole day of wearing it, but it turns into something like a spicy version of Lancôme La Vie est Belle.
If you are an experienced perfumista, this perfume will not be to your liking as it has been created for the mass market. This is not a unique perfume, nor is it groundbreaking. I even think the bottle is gimmicky. Decadence will sell well for Christmas. The pubs, clubs and parties will be full of it making the air sweet and chewy.
On a positive note, if you like this kind of thing, and let's face it, millions of people do, Decadence is powerful, heavy and sticks to the skin like a glue. It doesn't budge an inch until it is literally scrubbed off.
I put this in the same genre as the new Savauge by Dior thank you, but no thank you.

Camicami
Camicami

To me smells like Tocade Rochas. Sweet and very powdery. Very long lasting.

nena18sept
nena18sept

I tried this yesterday and OMG! i'll definitely buy it.. this has nothing to do with the daisy version of mr Jacobs... this is dark, sexy and perfect for this season.. now let me tell you if you don't like plum and amber just stay away from this perfume... because those are the main notes, and they're perfectly mixed with a hint of flowers and of course I can smell vanilla even tough is not listed here.. that must be the amber, I don't know... but oh well
OH and I almost forgot about the bottle... IT.IS. GORGEOUS!! classy and completely different .. the lady at Sephora told me" ain't this awesome" and I told her " I had to be Marc Jacobs"

ZELJO
ZELJO

For sure beetwen the Best new releases of the last years,opulence,baroque,sexy,rich,very much in the good old times fragances,well done Mr Jacobs

millie1980
millie1980

This fragrance starts well - it is pungent and intoxicating and lives up to its name. However, after about 20 - 30 mins it turns sweet and powdery on my skin. The drydown does not have the kick of the earlier notes, and no longer smells of 'decadence'. But that's just my perspective, I don't think a sweet, powdery smell is dark or sophisticated. The bottle also seems to be splitting opinion - personally I think it looks a bit trashy, although I like the combination of green and gold.

nettoyant
nettoyant

Ambery sweet pepper, very well blended and the bottle is cute. The iris/orris really stands out and makes it unique.

I don't get the hate. This is different than most designer scents, it lasts forever, it's obviously made of quality ingredients. It's much like Armani and Gucci scents, very Italian to me. But, it doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything. It IS shocking Jacobs indeed has the ability to sign off on a decent scent.

Photojenchick
Photojenchick

Linear, on my skin at least. First inhale- this is E & J's Nirvana Black with a few more notes thrown in. Evidence that more does not necessarily equal better. Something felt vaguely familiar with the first inhale, beyond E&J Black. Second inhale- Axe White Label Night. I suppose if you would like a low-budget bath and body to pair with your Decadence, Axe Night will fit the bill. Identically. Patent-infringement identical. But that's just the fragrance on my skin as inhaled by my nose. To each, his and her own. :)

Fernleaf
Fernleaf

Top notes are VERY HEAVY, sweet, strong, and in your face! The dry down/ base notes smell like amber, caramel, patchouli, vetiver and are not very strong yet very long lasting.

I'm not really a fan of Marc Jacobs, yet I did enjoy the dry down. Spray only once, since this scent is too much with a heavy hand. The dry down smelled the same as Gucci Guilty Black, a less expensive Flowerbomb, and a better smelling Prada Candy.

The packaging is friggin adorable!

lesecretforme
lesecretforme

All the people upset about this....please note it was intended to be far from his usual boring, flat, all smell the same fumes. Branch out. This is a big love for me.

ANNAFRYS
ANNAFRYS

I love the idea about design, but if I were Jacob I would change the green..this color is turning me off, I tried in Sacks and I am not impressed.

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

It is a very beautiful warm and sensual fragrance. I am attracted to it. The only down side is that it becomes rather masculine and has the "boyfriend" vibe. Just not quite for me but it's a well done fragrance.

miglena23
miglena23

I read the reviews for this perfume and was surprised to see the low ratings of it. I thought "How bad could it be? It's Marc Jacobs and his fragrances are pretty light and clean smelling."

So I went to Ulta today to sniff it and BOY, OH BOY.. I don't know who said this perfume is LIGHT. I sprayed my wrist ONCE only to get a quick sniff of it and sheesh is it super heavy and sugary smelling. I thought I'd let it sit on my wrist for 30 mins to see what the "actual smell" will be. 30 mins later it's still the same strong ass sugary smell and it definitely did a really GOOD job at giving me an instant headache that is still lingering while typing this. As soon as I went home I washed my wrist with soap and the smell is still THERE. I'm about to wash it again.

Darn, if they put as much thought into the smell of the perfumes as they do with the super cute bottles, it'd be peachy!

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

I finally had the opportunity to test this one out, and thank God it was true love for me, as I'd already decided I was buying it for the bottle alone, regardless of the smell inside.
This was my take on it:
Word of advice to all you Marc Jacobs lovers.... this is as far from Daisy as you can get. This is not Honey, or Dot, or any fruity floral he has previously graced us with. This one is a heavy, rich oriental. It IS decadent. It opens with heavy plum, rose, and jasmine and it's almost rude compared to his current mainstream scents. I sprayed 2 sprays and am wishing I'd only sprayed one. I'll buy it, but she's Cruella deVille in a room full of Cinderellas.
The drydown was a softer amber-vetiver-orris, and was so sexy and lovely I could not stop sniffing myself. A nice sweet and woody scent, and longevity was a good 6 hours. Definitely full bottle worthy.

The reviews on Decadence are all over the place, weird !? This isn't very strong, nor is it masculine to my nose...it is very amberish , a bit sweet, the orris note gives it a distinctive vibe, it is womanly, easy to wear, and unusual..lovely!!! I also detect the papyrus note and it almost reminds me of the Narciso by Narciso Rodriguez..Quite a departure from the other Marc Jacobs creations, it is definitely more sophisticated, more mature, yet totally contemporary, and well constructed also...I don't care much for the purse thing, but like the smoothness, the liquorish vibe of Decadence...I bought a 50 ml on the spot..I really like it!!!
I will add that the scent changes a bit from the skin to the clothes, it is a bit of a chameleon scent that way!!

gamos
gamos

I read a lot of reviews and was very curious what I will make of it as they were diverse and contradicting.

On my skin it is a very dark, woody, green fragrance (the colour of the bottle reflects this well). The mossy ambery greenness stays rather long. I would not describe it as sweet. Yes, it is heavy, but not overpowering and nice in autumn. Maybe the amber developes differently on different skins. As sombody else mentioned on the forum, it reminds me as well a tiny bit of La Panthere by Cartier. It is mature, but really interesting. For me the best of the Marc Jacobs fragrances. I like it!

ismellsogood

Ok so... This perfume is intense! Very, very long lasting... At the moment I can only wear this lightly and on the back parts of my body...I have it only on my wrists and it is ultra noticeable- which is good, but for now it's a little much whilst I am chilling on my sofa, but not for the person cuddling me lol! really strong.
The bottle design is super glamourous, chic, out of the ordinary, daring luxury- some call it tacky, I think it is very creative and refreshing... I love to display perfume so for me it's a winner, head turner, talk piece!

The fragrance is very unique, I have no other perfume to compare it to but I would say it's in the extended family of perfumes like Si Armani.
Very sweet green, amber, woody notes are there too...
I find it intoxicating, seductive, velvet like and mysteriously oriental.
I would say this is perfect for a Midsummer's evening, a tropical getaway, an evening in Thailand or Malaysia....(not that I've been lol) an evening of dark sexy mystery. So unique I love it.

mzurilove youtube XXxxsmoochesxxXX

Elisabeth M.
Elisabeth M.

To my nose there is a resemblance to La Nuit Tresor although LNT is much sweeter and more syrupy. Both contain papyrus which gives them an amazing dry and slightly vinyl note in the background. Definitely an interesting composition. Quite modern.

Miffy8900

I had been looking for this every since I saw it here on Fragrantica. And finally it arrived at my local perfumerie! It was most definetely love at first sight (and sniff) so I instantly bought the big bottle.
It is rich, deep, woody in the beginning, and turns more fruity/plum in the dry down. It reminds me a bit of Lola, as this one has the same waxy quality to it, which I absolutely love.
The bottle is hands down the most beautiful and unique one I have ever seen. The thick heavy green glass, the heavy gold and snake lid, the gold strap with a silky black tassel, the green velvet box - true perfection, and an absolute pleasure to have on my dressing table.
Oh, and the best part? My husband loves it too. He usually dislike perfume, and often think I wear too sweet, heady perfumes.
This is my new favorite, and maybe my new signature <3

blueviolet
blueviolet

Hmm...not sure what to make of this. It is mature yes, grown up and dense. It is not very sweet or girly. Woody, yes but not as heavy as I expected. In the first hour or so I pick up a quite oriental oily vibe. Trendy in that sense. I realised it reminded me of another perfume. La Panther, not sure about spelling, think it's Cartier? They're not the same, but similar. There's a note they share, it smells like Gardenia.
The dry down? Can't stand it. This will be a pass for me.
Awesome bottle tho.

aSmileiswild
aSmileiswild

My first reaction when I first smelled it is that it smells like TM Angel retired and settled down to have a fragrance child with Tresor... So if either of the previous two were too intense or overwhelming for you but you liked the idea, this might be worth a try.
I'll add more after some time.

ismellsogood

omg I just bought this.... cannot wait... my last indulgence this year...
check ot my review on youtube if you like just type mzurilove marc jacobs and it should pop up.

curvealert
curvealert

I was looking forward to trying this because of the notes listed. On my skin, it's unbalanced; the synthetic woody notes completely overpower the sweet/fruity ones. My left hand currently smells like one of those cardboard trees often found hanging off rear view car mirrors.

However, your mileage etc. If this is having the same effect on you but you'd like a good quality woody scent for a similar price, I'd go for Estée Lauder Sensuous Noir. It's not as sweet but it's well made.

ewanhoozarmy
ewanhoozarmy

Smelt this yesterday. Found it on a stand without the lid, so was captivated by the beautiful jade glass bottle. I believe the scent stands out from previous popular MJ frags; Daisy, Honey, Dot, which are mediocre at best in my opinion due to being far too light. Decadence is quite strong out of the bottle and could detect the woody, orris vibe. However, later I later researched the frag online, only to be horrified by the hideous eyesore of a lid, which had not been visible on my inital spray. What a tragedy! It looks cheap and trashy. Why did Mr. Jacobs feel the necessity to top such an opulent bottle with such an aesthetic atrocity?

amylouise_
amylouise_

Oh my goodness. I'm normally not a fan of Marc Jacobs' fragrances, as I find them targeted towards a younger crowd, but THIS one is SO different from anything he's ever put out there. I'm impressed!

The medley of Italian plum, amber and orris is such a brilliant combination and this perfume is the perfect scent to pair with a little black dress for a night out! I have a gala to go to next month and I'm pretty sure I'll be reaching for this lovely bottle.

Definitely a night fragrance designed for the fall and winter months. I can't wait to wear it out!

HeavyBeatsUK
HeavyBeatsUK

I put this on and all I can smell is sugar. This is very sweet. I wouldn't say it predominantly smells like plums as people have voted on the notes. I would say, if any of those notes, it would smell like amber. But still, without seeing the notes, I guessed that this would be sugar and vanilla. The sillage is heavy to enormous. The type of woman I imagine wearing this? Someone who is a bit rough but tries to be glamorous - Cheryl Cole, for example. Lots of makeup, revealing clothes, and tattoos. Because this thing is too sweet to be sophisticated.

Miss Precious Orchid
Miss Precious Orchid

Okay so let's talk about presentation. The bottle, the color of the fragrance to me is just stella. A definate wow! The fragrance itself goes on very strong at first and as some have mentioned vering masculine, could it be the vetiver, plum & saffron combo? It's also sweet, generic sweet to be precise. It definately has strong sillage and i get an almost tropical vibe like an all night party on a turquoise water beach, the scent of the ocean mixed with alcohol and sweat from dancing. So it's kinda hard to imagine where the decadence comes from. Interesting I don't normally asign age groups for fragrances but i would say this will have more appeal for say 18-25 age bracket imo.

cinnakitty
cinnakitty

I got to try this today. I had no idea of the notes, but the predominant note appeared to be canned lychee in syrup on a base of vetiver. There's definitely a vegetal aspect to it and it seems an odd scent, the two aspects don't marry for me. It's not feminine or masculine, it seems to be trying to be both, and as such fails to appeal to me. I have no problem wearing masculine scents, nor my boyfriend feminine, but this just feels like you've put on an aftershave and topped it with a candy sweet teenagers body spray. It's just...odd.

davidlong13
davidlong13

Decadence is a recent blind buy of mine. I have quite a like relationship with Marc Jacobs fragrances. This meaning they never usually blow me away but they are just nice. However I can honestly say that Decadence is a very sexy yet sophisticated fragrance. The main notes in which I smell are Plum, Amber and Saffron. These notes mix together to almost create a vanilla or heliotrope smell. The lasting power is very good, I wore this to a wedding very recently and I had sprayed it on me around 3pm and was still being complimented on the smell around 6-7 hours later. Definitely more suitable of an evening and is very fitting for the upcoming winter season.

Final verdict

Eaugirlspirit
Eaugirlspirit

I almost was ready to blind buy this given that it seems like such a well-loved fragrance in the forums so far.
The bottle is gorgeous. I just love that jade green color.
I'm glad I tested it first. Saffron and papyrus popped out the strongest. These notes are very loud and abundant in this fragrance, giving it a woody masculine quality which was not what I expected. I feel they overpower everything else. It isn't until the fragrance dies down that one begins to smell plum sweetness which gives it more smoothness. I'm sorry, this fragrance, on my skin, veered way too masculine!

want...need... Love......

The bottle design is one of dreams... When it's empty just keep it on display-

Scent is atrociously good

Lazaro
Lazaro

I just get a brand new 3.4 oz of this beauty...and let me tell you...that is so beautiful and sensual that makes me love her more every time I see her. Is so different to everything that Marc Jacobs as done before...the cocktail of saffron and iris with the blast of plum.. is very sweet and refreshing at the same time. My friend says that to him...this perfume resemble the smell of a brand new bag and the smell of a straight from factory Lincoln car...
The bottle is so beautiful and luxurious... it looks like a treasure on my vanity table...

helen anne.benn
helen anne.benn

I love Marc Jacobs New fragrance Decedance, it certainly lives up to its name. It's seductive powdery notes last on the skin. I look forward to adding it to my fragrance must haves and sharing it with others.

Vegas Pauli
Vegas Pauli

This is very very unusual and a huge departure for Marc Jacobs. I can't say I like this though. It has the same spirt of Alien, not because it smells similar but it does has that in your face boldness. And like Alien, the initial blast smells chemical, medicinal and strong. These kind of fragrances are meant to be appreciated from a far and for their dry down. They also need to be applied very sparingly.
Decadance is decadent, but its just kind of weird. Its not flowery, its not citrusy its not woody. Its somewhat fruity, plasticy and brassy. The amber note is also very syrupy and sweet. Maybe a woman all dressed up who wants to be noticed could pull this off. For everyday use or the office? No. No way.

polkadot27

I smell plums and blackcurrent!
I have never fell in love with any of the daisies or dot fragrances. However I tried this one today and I am very impressed- I was shocked at how different this fragrance is to any of his others. This is a very masculine scent, I find it sexy- to me it is citrus/spicy/woody. Longevity it actually excellent 9 hours on me. The dry down to me smells a lot like armani diamonds- maybe because they are both powdery. I definitely detect a similarity there- however I love armani diamonds so win-win. This is a brave one- in my other review; of daisy dream- I was only just then saying how Marc Jacobs is afraid to offend and take a risk with his scents- hence the mainstream fruity floral daisy perfumes. With this one however-just wow! very masculine for a female scent but very sexy smelling-I love it. This may be the first and the only Marc Jacobs sent I will own! I get heavy plum and saffron with vitver- those are the top 3 notes for me- this perfume smells dark and sexy and seductive- which is a refreshing change from all of his others. Honestly, I am so impressed with this one. This is a scent for a dark, mysterious, straight faced no Bulls*** woman. I love it, it makes me feel sexy and confident when i wear it- this fragrance just suits me so much. I honestly never thought I would fall in love with a marc jacobs fragrances after having a past couple of years of the constant daisy and dot line which did nothing for me. I am so happy- this is such a sexy different scent to any of his others. Well done Marc on taking a risk and becoming more versatile and creative with his fragrances!This is a massive hit for me. Love the colour of the bottle too, matches the scent perfectly- they really did hit the nail on the head with this one.

How I hate to love it and say I am impressed becuase no doubt in my mind it is gonna go global mainstream just for the label itself, but credit needs to be given where credit is due- It is rather tremendous coming from this line.

Musky4
Musky4

This one has confused me as I just can't tell what I'm smelling. It's something bitter and parsley keeps coming to mind (maybe it's the green colour of the bottle!) There's definitely something in this that I'm not too familiar with, maybe it's the saffron or orris, but it does dominate it a bit for me and isn't particularly pleasant to my nose. The overall impression is sweet but with a bitter edge. In spite of this it's actually quite a mainstream and modern (albeit slightly odd) sort of scent and the bottle is so cute that I'm sure it'll be very popular.

saguna

A nice woman in Perfume Shop gave it tome to try today. I own only one fragrance of MJ, Daisy Dream, which I don't like. I know the rest of the fragrances and I don't like any of them. This one, as someone pointed out , it's not like the rest of MJ stuff. It's more gourmand, honey sweet style, carrying long tail on my wrist for many hours. I have had one spray of different perfumes on the top of my hands, and MJ Daisy Dream EDP on the right wrist, and Decadence on my left wrist. It was 11 am when she sprayed it, and only Decadence is still there, giving me nice wave from time to time.
When I think about this fragrance, I see a mix of : Manifesto YSL, The One D&G, La Vie Est Belle, some good cake and musk. I can't detect separate notes, because I am not an expert, but I agree it will sell like crazy, because it is in the same family of fragrances as La Vie Est Belle. The middle notes are somehow alike. I do like it, but I will not buy it now, while it's expensive. Maybe in a few months time.

amna723
amna723

It is a mix of Guess's signature perfume for women, Beyonce Heat, CD Poison and Juicy Couture Couture Couture. It's heavy, musky and plummy (it doesn't smell exactly like CD Poison but has that same musky heaviness)

I think it smells very mature and unlike other popular MJ Fragrances I personally love (Daisy, Daisy ESF, Oh Lola...all my FAVES).

If you love the perfumes I mentioned you will love this.

Either way I'm dying at how cute and pretty the bottle is!!! A purse shaped bottle sounds like it would be extremely tacky (especially thinking about how tacky the bottles of Honey and that ladybug perfume are) but it's SO BEAUTIFUL, CHIC, ELEGANT AND CUTE! I want to buy this just for the amazing, gorgeous, cute bottle.

Whit
Whit

As much as I can't stand Marc Jacobs perfumes, I love this one! Honestly, most of his stuff is just too light/girly for me. Most of it smells like hair spray to my nose. This, however, is totally different from the usual stuff he puts out. I do agree that this does border on the gourmand side. It's juicy, dark , woodsy and ambery. A very nice creation for fall and winter. I actually find it deep and kinda thick, long lasting too.

I don't get any of the floral notes on me. It's plum with orris darkening it up and adding depth. I also get the vetiver and papyrus woven through as well. The amber keeps it dark and keeps adding to the depth. I do get a caramel accord, but it's not listed in the notes, so it's evidently the way the notes are mixing together.

Mr. Jacobs, if you'd make more creations like this, I'd be a fan. Come on, bring me the heavier shit; I can take it! Anyways, I think hell is going to freeze over because this is going to be my first Marc Jacobs purchase!

june7rose
june7rose

I like it, it borders on gourmand, though not enough to tempt someone who wears only those. Ambery, good for fall. Like it but not enough to buy a full bottle.

I agree with the other reviewers that this is going to sell like crazy, especially around the holidays. The bottle itself a major draw.

lizzyshreds

This perfume is now available on Ulta, 30ml $70, 50ml $95 100ml $120. Also on Macy's the prices are the same they have the 50ml, and 100ml. If you order the 100ml, even though it says on the site you will get a free deluxe mini, I talked to Macy's customer service on the phone, and they are sold out of it, so most likely you will get the tote bag instead.

lizzyshreds

Just so everyone knows I believe this perfume is available for pre order from Sephora it's a bit expensive it cost more than his other perfumes. 50ml is $95, and 100ml is $120.

jovejove

We just had a marketing meeting and were given a sample tester to pre-sell the fragrance downtown in Toronto. It reminds me of Guess By Marciano or a deeper version of Givenchy Dahlia Divin. It's very decadent, almost has that caramel tone of Bon Bon by V&R or Prada Candy. It's going to sell like CRAZY! Amazing packaging too!

likes2paint

Oh.. my review seems to have disappeared!

Well anyway, I am fortunate enough to have an original bottle of this honey coloured juice, and a brand new pale coloured sample of the same thing. Both of them blow my socks off. I am so impressed with this lovely fragrance, whether now, or yester-year. I feel like a goddess in this! Now where did I put that silk gown?

I won't twitter on because there are lovely reviews in here, but I can say that the perfume dries down very closely to one and other. Thank goodness!

likes2paint

I contacted the supplier and found out that they will release it on the 16th of September this year in the UK.

Other than that, it seems that there are no samples available for us to try out now (over excited!) prior to the release in the shops here.

Scent2Bed
Scent2Bed

I tried this earlier today... It is a complete departure from all the existing Marc Jacobs fragrances. The bottle and fragrance can live in harmony. It is a pretty scent, but not one that will be groundbreaking.

I hope that the Marc customer is this grown up as the scent is for a customer who has grown up with the Marc fragrances and is ready for something different.

Cannot wait for this to be officially released so that everyone would get a chance to review it.

bamapachyderm
bamapachyderm

Who are you people voting on notes/sillage/longevity and deciding whether you love/like/dislike this? Stop it. You're annoying everyone!

I just want this for the bottle. I never make a frag purchase for the bottle, but this time I will :)

vik73

I actually think( I want to believe) that it is going to be smthg special, a kind of creation that will be absolutely unforgettable. I am personally crazy about powdery well done notes.

lizzyshreds

I'm tired of people voting on the notes. I heard it won't be out until September.

louisminaj
louisminaj

Judging by the notes, sounds like tb is may smell like Prada Amber and/or Fancy nights by Jessica Simpson! I look forward to smelling it as I love both those scents!

Miffy8900

I am so in love with the bottle - so elegant and outstanding. Fingers crossed that the juice is as pretty as its bottle :) But according to the notes, I think it sounds very promissing. Can't wait to get my hands on it :)

Rhairis
Rhairis

Please.
Elegant scent need not be exotic, it need not be a heavy floral and also do not need talcum smell.
I'm waiting.
(Google translator Brasil)

vik73

Guys! How can you vote for the notes? Has anyone smelled it already?