Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Lola Marc Jacobs for women
dislike

I have it: 1437 I had it: 641 I want it: 770 My signature: 24

Lola Marc Jacobs for women Videos
Lola Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Lola Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Lola Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Lola Marc Jacobs for women Pictures

Lola arrived on the market in August 2009. It was created in cooperation with Calice Becker, Yann Vasnier and consultations with Ann Gottlieb. Lola includes pink pepper, pear, ruby red grapefruit, peony, rose, geranium, vanilla, creamy musk and tonka. Face of this perfume is Karlie Kloss. The perfume is available as 30, 50 and 100ml edt, as well as solid perfume in a ring, body cream, bath and lotion.

Pink Pepper Pear Grapefruit

I Love Dior

Lola Fragrance Reviews

eveliina
eveliina

This smells very much like Nina Ricci L'Extase to me. It's a very memorable and unique scent.

piahellgren
piahellgren

Lovely, lovely, lovely. Like Lancomes Magnifique Lola is approaching niche territory. "What did she say?" I hear people thinking. This one? Oh, yes! It´s VERY good, juicy, boozy and at the same time fresh and flowery- it´s a contrasting fragrance, so I am not talking weird niche, just maybe ALMOST a beginner´s niche, like something by Montale or Bond. Sure, pink pepper has been overused, but when it´s as perfect in moderation as it is here- who cares? I adore that it has rose and grapefruit. I am finding that I really love scents with the rose/grapefruit combo- it´s wonderful in Byredo Rose Noir as well. Peony makes it flirty, geranium serious, so it´s a slightly contrasting fragrance- is it for perky girls or grown women? Again, who cares? ANY woman could wear this and would smell wonderful in it. I don´t really smell vanilla, but rather the tonka and musk, this type, is in almost ALL modern scents, so nothing to add about that. Somehow Lola also makes me think of Tauer perfumes- the boozy depth combined with something fun and sunny, as in hot weather sunny, not as in "happy-go-lucky" sunny. Lola is really very nice and I want more of it.

Soniechka
Soniechka

I bought it cause I loved the bottle and the opening smell. Sadly,the dry down smelled like fruit liqueur on me. When I moved, I left it for the girl who moved in after me. She loved it.

artisy
artisy

My boyfriend surprised me with this early in our relationship because I mentioned how much I adored Marc Jacobs as a designer and was that I interested in his scents.

When I said that, I am fairly certain I meant Daisy and whatever its new flanker was in its early years. When I opened the package and discovered Lola, I wasn't sure how to feel.

Daisy is light, fresh, unoffensive. Lola is gothic, floral, and musky.

My nose is sensitive to pepper notes and musk. I think that's why it was so confused at first. I love the beautiful dark rose and the sweetness of this, it's just the heaviness that sometimes keeps me from reaching for it.

Walpurga
Walpurga

My Lola! I worry it has gone a bit off...
I love it so much, got it when I was around 15 and my mum went on a business trip to New York. I had requested Daisy but as it sold out she got me this in stead. I would say so much better... Really hope it is still wearable. We are 6 years down the road now but 100ml is just quite a lot for the infrequent wearer.

Now the dominant liquorice (I am sure it wasn't that dominant) has gone it starts to smell a bit more like it was again... Hope it turns out to be wearable still.

Guess I'll give this one some undivided attention the upcoming months! And I need to stop buying perfume, I don't understand how you guys keep your perfumes in condition haha... I have 10 now and I guess I keep that my max to prevent any other going off. I added one cheapie today, but I'll stop myself and say only until my next birthday I may request a new one!

apricot_blossom
apricot_blossom

I am ambivalent with Marc Jacobs' perfumes. They're a bit out of my price range (and I've only seen them once at the discounters I shop at--TJ Maxx and the like), so I tend to hoard samples of the ones I love (Daisy Dream, Dot, Daisy Eau So Fresh, and Honey), and sample the rest. When I was young, the original Daisy was so thoroughly repulsive that I avoided all MJ perfumes, but clearly I've found some that I love. Lola, however, is a first for me in how my relationship with it has changed and is continually changing.

Lola is the one exception to my sample hoard: I own a full sized bottle of this because my former roommate left it behind after she moved out. And like Daisy, I was initially repelled by this scent when I sampled it. Where were people getting rose? All I could detect was pepper and dirty chrysanthemums. When I got this full sized bottle, I decided to give it another chance, and what I smelled was a pleasing combination of the two Stella McCartney perfumes I love: Stella and L.I.L.Y. (basically the combination of Stella's rose/peony + L.I.L.Y.'s peppery musk).

Now, this is all well and good, but Lola is the one perfume that I've noticed changes based on my (forgive me for the euphemism) moon cycle. Most days, I get the Stella McCartney combination. But this week, I noticed that right before my cycle, this smells completely different: I get a strong whiff of juicy pear (usually not my favorite note because pear can smell too concentrated; here, it was perfect, like a real pear cut in half, instead of a pear juice) and geranium. It was really surprising, as fruity florals are not my usual cup of tea, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. The love affair ends on my actual cycle, as now I'm nearly anosomic to it; if I strain, I can detect a vague baby powderish rose, and that's it.

Lola's interesting behavior almost makes me want to give Daisy another chance. Almost.

peace_flower
peace_flower

She's wearing a floral dress and a big smile on her face. She's youthful and clumsy and beautifully imperfect. She's vulnerable in the most endearing way. She might be a little tipsy. The kind of girl everyone wants to hug and kiss for her sweet smile and colorful personality. I think this is an approachable, sunny, feminine perfume for any casual affair... This could work for date nights as well, a way to bring your sweetheart closer.

The opening smell is similar to me to Honey by Marc Jacobs, which I love. I was never incredibly sold by Daisy or Dot, but I gravitated toward the lush goodness of Honey. That smell eventually fades, and you're left with the sweet floral goodness that is tempered by a powdered musk. It's lovely really, and smells like a sweet drunken rose. I just bought this from TJ Maxx for $29. It's good at that price, I think!

Madrona
Madrona

The opening is actually rather promising but the promise is fleeting. I'm iffy about pink pepper to say the least so I didn't expect to love this one, and I certainly don't. It doesn't really inspire me to delve into the details of the composition, so I'll let you keep this one to yourself, morose Karlie Kloss.

Imago23
Imago23

I think I had a small bottle of this when I was around 15 or 16 years old. Absolutely loved it back then. I can definitely see why it is still a popular choice among girls around my age (20s) and I'd definitely reconsider buying it again for a fun night out.

To me it smells flirty and fun while not being overpowering but still giving a certain 'seductive' vibe.

I definitely smell the florals and it's quite sweet (but not in-your-face-sweet!). I don't really smell the rose but then I almost never do unless it's the main focus of the perfume.

So in conclusion a very nice fun going-out perfume you can wear to the movies, a party, etc.

carpp79
carpp79

Wearing it right now from a vial sample. It's an acceptable scent, but I can't imagine myself buying a full bottle of this, or wearing it days in a row. Too contemporary (in a bad sense).This Lola is too generic, represents modern perfume industry, I mean, disposable fragrances. I prefer fragrances with a vintage vibe, something more special, exclusive or misterious. And plus: I hate marc jacobs frags bottles, those butterflies and flowers petals and wings are so tacky.
P.S.: Many years ago I had a miniature of Rose (pierre cardin)... Lola reminded me Rose a little, but it was so long ago... I'm not sure...

dglightblue
dglightblue

I wish this fragrance smelled like the bottle looks.
The opening is so wonderful and intriguing. Fresh and warm, fruity but not sickly sweet. I tried this on about an hour ago, and it's gone a flat floral, with a pinch of spice or something.
I wouldn't buy it sadly

Rissatish
Rissatish

This was a gift from my college boyfriend for the Christmas that marked almost a year together. Naturally, I switched from my one and only Gucci Rush to this, out of sentimental value. At the time I liked this scent, it's fruity, floral, spicy-- but it's very generic, it doesn't move me. As my nose becomes more experienced I like it less and less. It smells like college romance: clumsy, trying to be frisky with pink peppercorns but clashing with youthful/girly fruits and florals. It isn't blended well. Lola is figuring herself out, unsure of what she really wants, still coming of age. A perfect scent for a 16-22 year old, AHA! That's why it's called Lola! Alluding to Vladmir Nabokov's "Lolita", very clever Marc Jacobs.

Sasco
Sasco

Taking Southern Blonde's cue here:

Well, I'm not dumb, but I can't understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a ....

Not a man. No. Just another floral-fruity-cutie - which wouldn't bother me in the slightest had she not had the potential of being so much more. I've tested Lola a zillion times, because the thing is, I really like the start of this scent, and there's a suggestion that it's about to bloom into a lovely, heady voluptuous rose - but it always just stops short. It's pretty and flirty but not the least bit dirty, and that's what I want my rose to be. I think the citrus and geranium are the culprits here; they lighten Lola up to the point that yes, she does become fairly generic.

I can't help thinking thinking the Marc Jacobs team DID want to do something a bit different and darker with Lola; but then they got stuck on the tried-and-tested success of the fairly generic Daisy and Dot, and lost their nerve. They bottled it. Literally. The Lola of the Kinks song turns out to be something quite different to the singer's expectations, but at least it's a thrill of a ride. This Lola promises a thrill but it's just so much harmless flirting...

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

Her Name Was Lola She Was A Showgirl With Yellow Feathers In Her Hair And A Dress Cut Down To There

This smells so so good! My God does it smell good. The bottle is so pretty. It smells of grape fruit and pear as it opens. Then all I get is a rose scent. It lasts a long time before it turns into vanilla and a bit but only a bit powdery. This is a soft sexy romantic rose fragrance to wear when you go out on dates. I wear this on dates and have received many compliments. I also like to wear this on cruises when I perform. A little goes a long way as this scent is detectable to others. I just love it so much. I prefer this to Decadence by Marc Jacobs. This one is a gorgeous fruity floral.

bunchofpants
bunchofpants

Vaguely generically fruity/floral with huge sillage at first, Lola quickly becomes a cloying vinyl/vanilla that begs to be scrubbed.

minusvminus
minusvminus

Blind bought this at TJ Maxx this weekend, either the juice is bad or this is straight up the scent of a thousand common fragrances. Cannot tolerate this scent at all. I feel horrible that I spent twenty bucks on this.
It's the fact that I can't even detect any singular notes that makes me thing maybe this is off.

sarah.lily
sarah.lily

I have been looking for a rose scent, so when I found a bottle of this for a bargain I picked it up. Unfortunately this is a most neutered rose, utterly lacking the dry yet oily classic scent of rose. The rose does lurk in the background, but is almost completely extinguished by the peony, pear and pepper, which unfortunately when combined on my skin make me smell like I'm covered in Herbal Essences shampoo. The scent is very generic and inoffensive, great if you work in a super conservative office but it bores me to tears.

Circuit FAiry
Circuit FAiry

Lola - I almost wish the full size would have the same shape as the 1.7? Why,well because Lola is gorgeous in that size, very representative of a woman's body shape in a rich velvety purple gown and she adorns her hair with beautiful flowers pinned on the side. She is flawless, sexy, somewhat mysterious old Hollywood vibe like Laurette Luez but with a modern Salma Hayek twist.

I am so glad the pink pepper note is not prominent on me, what I get is a beautiful fruity floral musky scent. Good longevity and pretty nice sillage.

Dort0625

I found the cuttest little thing today...its two 20mls bottle of this one of which comes in a little gold container with the purple colours this perfume comes in, then the little replacement vial-so each one is 20mls. Then it has a cute little cosmetics bag to carry it in, or for whatever else. I had not smelled it before but wanted to. So this little set being 19.99 thought why not. And I'm glad I did! I love this. Its not like the usual blast of florals like the other Marc Jacobs frags out there-dont get me wrong I love those ones too! But this is different. It has something very nostalgic to it-not sure what but it smells great. Its a deep floral to me, a deep aquatic floral-if that makes sense to anyone other then me haha!

mushroom8118
mushroom8118

I extremely loveeeeeeee the fact that it's long lasting on me and attracts compliments from people around me. Even my mom and sister in laws loves it. They thought that it is a perfect perfume and suits me very well.

However, I must admit that I don't like the smells of it on me. The crisp musky smells feels generic to me and overtime I think it smell like piss. Now I just keep it in my car so that I can use it in case of emergency or when my car needs an extra boosts of scents.

It was a gift and I don't wanna be rude by not wearing them at all though.

Jojopie
Jojopie

Maybe it's because I got a really old sample, but I found this to have a very fruity "pastey" smell. The closest thing I could think of to describe it is fondant. Acai also has that gummy/pasty quality which actually surprised me that there was no acai in this perfume.

Ah, dominant pepper! with some Pear and Rose to start with. After a while it gets warm, soft pepper with deep Dark Rose and Musk. A lovely scent, but I sneeze, a problem I have with many scents.

Åh, dominant peppar! med söt Päron och Ros i toppen. Efter en stund blir det en varm, mjukpepprig doft med djupa, mörka Rosor och Musk. En underbar doft, men jag nyser av den - ett problem jag har med många dofter (växande allergi).

amyyychan
amyyychan

This fragrance is beautiful, mysterious, and sexy. It has lots of layers but upon first spray you get roses, pink pepper, and vanilla. It is warm and spicy but somehow floral and sweet too. I don't even know how to explain it but whenever I wear it I get showered in compliments. It makes me feel like such a woman. I've got to say the most compliments I get are from men who seem to love this smell.

Another thing I love is that it lasts but it isn't overpowering, but if people lean in or hug me they immediately are like what are you wearing, wow!

I see this perfume as a power perfume; walk into a room and own it. Its so so unique too. I have never smelled anything like it ever. This is my signature scent for sure.

Melodiarose82
Melodiarose82

I love this gal, so much... But, alas... she says hello, nice to meet you so sweetly and seductively at first spray... and then... nothing. 5 minutes later, absolutely nothing... I have a full size bottle of this gem and I'm starting to think- should I sell it? What the heck... A huge selling point for me, is staying power. This lady has not got that at all. Is it just me?? Why doesn't she want to stay? *sniffle* *sniff* ... flat.

But like I said, the initial blast for me is absolutely wonderful. I like those 2 minutes...

Months later... Suddenly, I don't like it. It smells different on me. I think my nose has elevated to higher frequencies of the quality fragrance meter. Lol Seriously though, it's so weird.

katemax
katemax

I got this for Christmas when it was first released. I didn't have an extensive knowledge of fragrance at the time but I like it because it was different, to me it reminded me of patchouli but I guess that's because its a little darker than some perfumes ive had. I used up a 30ml edp in about 6 months. 3 years later my husband and I were at a huge duty free perfume event at Birmingham airport and I could have got more of this but chose dot instead to be different. BIG MISTAKE! a 100ml bottle of dot ended up in the bin a few months ago as I never wore it and wish Id got lola!

Fawkey
Fawkey

A few years ago I wore this a lot, never for work, only evenings or weekends, now it almost makes me gag. Strange. I think it is the peony perhaps, as I quite like peppery notes in a fragrance. I always hated the bottle! I I think it may remind me of Lauren which is why I first got it, not the same notes but reminds me of it, but now, oh dear. Oh Lola is even worse...

Mer-mere
Mer-mere

When I was wearing Lola a few years ago, so many people - strangers too - wanted to know what it was. Everybody seemed to like it on me.
But somehow I don't like it anymore, I got bored with it, it seems, or people can change this much in a few years.
It is spicey, strong and long lasting. It is more fruity than sweet or flowery on me.

PurpleNewt
PurpleNewt

Far too peppery for me. I gave it away to my best friend who loves it.

daisyvision
daisyvision

Lola is one of my favorite fruity florals (which is not typically a group I pick from often). It's soft, pretty, and unassuming. The pink pepper provides a little spiciness and intrigue to the rose, and together, they perfectly complement each other. The pear is just the right amount of fruitiness without overpowering the soft florals, musk and sweet vanilla. Lola is gentle, buoyant. Purely delightful.

To mimic another reviewer below me: Lola absolutely has a '90s throwback quality. That's actually the entire reason I decided to try it. I think most times I see Marc Jacobs perfumes with their flamboyant toy-like bottles, I can't take them seriously. But Lola helped me gain perspective on the matter. Especially going back to that '90s mentality - Couldn't you see the kitschy Lola bottle sitting atop Lisa Turtle's dresser (from Saved by the Bell)? Or perhaps Blossom Russo's? Heck, one of my favorite perfumes in the '90s, Fetish, had a ridiculous bottle. Which is one of the reasons I tried it in the first place! Haha.

Lastly, I have an odd story, or, perhaps a comparison to add. Lola isn't exactly a perfume I would've even taken a second look at if not for searching high and low for similar scents to Avon's discontinued 'Natori'. I recently read that a knock-off of Lola, called "Hola", was a dead ringer for the gloriously '90s Natori. I thought, "Well, what about actual Lola?" While they had a few notes in common, Lola turned out to be only vaguely similar to Natori. But I wasn't disappointed by Lola in the slightest - it's a charming scent that I'm glad I happened to stumble upon.

Tardigrada
Tardigrada

Lola hits you in the face with a plastic pear, but soon the gentle petals of a peony start to emerge while tickling your cheeks with cool leaves. It's the moment you realize that the petals themselves have a green leaf life juice vibe. Grapefruit and pink pepper are jumping on a bed and the whole scene shortly dims as a voluptuous corseted diva - the rose enters, hushes the kids jumping on the bed, puts the peonies in a vase and starts singing a jazzy song with her beautiful voice, but her voice is shy and muted. All the other noisemakers gently gather round her. as it all mellows into some kind of melodramatic coziness. And then the song starts going louder as Vanilla enters and joins with her sidekick Tonka in their low, velvety voices.
I got it as a birthday gift many months ago and gave it a proper one perfume sniffing and wearing per day, but probably I will be giving it to someone else. This is way too adolescent to pull off for me. It's for a flirty girl, and I have zero skills. I believe to most might seem deliberately sexy date night perfume. And if I ever needed that, I have way more sophisticated guns in my arsenal.
EDIT: "I'm not a girl, not yet a woman!" kind perfume, I'm just a child, trying to survive in an aging body.

EDIT: still have it though and tested the other day, and I must admit I really hate it. She is like a friend, that seems cool at first, but then annoys the hell out of you and you want to run away, screaming never again!

i love this and always have. i get lots of pepper which i happen to like in perfume. it's sweetened by the rose and vanilla. i find the lasting power and silage to be above average. i feel great and happy when i wear this perfume. it's flirty and fun just like the bottle.

katoy4
katoy4

Testing it on paper, I quite enjoyed this sangria-like rose. However on skin, it developed a thick impenetrable quality with a nagging scent memory that I finally placed - it reminds me of those edible wax lip candies, plasticky and generically vanilla-fruity. Once I made that association, it wouldn't go away . . . so this isn't a winner for me.

GeorgiaMoxie
GeorgiaMoxie

This perfume is very 90s- it reminds me a lot of Tommy Girl which was one of my first perfumes ever and now recently I've started wearing it again for the nostalgic vibe and the fact that nobody I know wears it anymore. I do prefer Tommy Girl over Lola because it's a fresher lemon rose and Lola is more peppery, but those who like peppery citrus perfumes like Chanel's line will likely prefer Lola.

Cybernoir
Cybernoir

This is rich, almost oily, a powerful rose scent; the key with this one is to apply lightly, with one or two sprays. It is stronger than you think. I love grapefruit and rose conbinations. I love the grapefruit-rose in Coco Noir.

This grapefruit is a sour one, a big juicy Indian River squirt in your eye grapefruit. The rose note is thick, oily, and fatty. The whole perfume has a Rubenesque quality, overripe, sensual, a little blowsy. I love it, it is like bad genre fiction that is so bad it is good. I don't get that much peony, but I definitely get an old school geranium, which I love. There is quite a soild base of vanilla and tonka to anchor the rose, and sweeten the greenish geranium. Projects big, and leaves an impressive trail.

This is not a black pepper at all, it is a rosy, spicy, pink pepper, but it definitely opens with a bang. Very little pear on me, enough to sweeten the grapefruit. Pear can have a dry quality for a fruit, but this is a juicy pear note. Again, there is a thick quality to the pear, a little sweet, a little gourmand with the vanilla and tonka. The rose lingers throughout, never really ceding the stage. I don't get much musk, which is probably a good thing. Just a little sexy muskiness to the florals.

But, that top! that giant plastic gaudy ridiculous thing. I don't know what that is supposed to be saying to the world. I have to keep my bottle out because it doesn't fit anywhere. so there it sits, next to those ridiculous birds from Lily Sanguine.

babimaka
babimaka

I have had this perfume sitting on my perfume shelf for almost 2 years. When I initially tried it, I hated it & immediately scrubbed it off without letting it settle on my skin. It made me want to puke. It seemed to heavy & dark smelling & almost too mature on me. There was something that turned me off against the scent & I normally love all of Marc Jacobs perfumes, but this one was awful....

But THEN, i decided to pull it out yesterday & give it another try. After all, the bottle was just sitting there.. and something magical happened. The initial burst still made me almost gag but I told myself to brave past it to see how it will mingle on my skin & OH MY! It settle into such a cozy beautiful scent. Its still dark but delicious at the same time. It almost has a gourmand feel to it. Maybe thats the tonk a bean, I'm not sure but I love it. The scent really did balance out nicely & lovely with my chemistry & honestly, I can't stop smelling my wrist!

What a wonderful surprise to pull out something I thought I hated & end up loving it! This is definitely different than what I normally love & thats what makes me love it even more. YUMM!

brigitterose
brigitterose

I'm not a huge fan. Was a present from someone who knew I liked Marc Jacobs fragrances but this one is too dark and heavy on me. didnt smell great on me - very spicy actually. Ended up swapping it with a coworker for Oh Lola which is much more suited to my taste.

adrianacruzh
adrianacruzh

First time I tried it, I drove home all the way smelling my wrist. I took a shower and still could felt the aroma. Inmediately next day I went again to the shop and bought it. It's so sensual and delicious. For a woman of 30 onwards. A man that smells it, defenitely will not stop thinking of the woman who wears it. It's such an exciting and addictive smell. It goes to your brain! It lasts all day. Defenitely I recomend it! =)

armacoonsum
armacoonsum

I love the look of the bottle. I also adore roses, and peonies, and pink pepper, and musk, and tonka... so it has to be the grapefruit and geranium that is killing this for me. The unwelcome intruder is definitely on the sour, green, vegetal side of things, so yes, it must be the grapefruit/ geranium combo.
Perhaps I'd be a bigger fan if the grapefruit was replaced with litchi, and the geranium was just not present... but then Lola would be a dead-ringer for so many other perfumes I already own and love.
I will say that the sillage and longevity of this one are fierce, so if you love the smell of it, you are in luck.
I suppose I just expected it to be sweeter and more feminine, and what I get from it is grassy and making me sneeze. Ah, well.

Lucky7z
Lucky7z

Yuck!!! Thank god for free samples lol this stuff is heavy and awful smelling. I do like heavier scents in the winter but this so awful imo its just way too much of a harsh peppered,musky floral. Cute bottle tho...

emmahlou
emmahlou

I used to adore Lola. My boyfriend has bought me two bottles since I discovered the scent for birthdays as I go through it so quick, however it's starting to feel a bit funny on me. The scent once applied is almost an instant headache. It's very strong and peppery, with a slight hint of roses. The scent does fade a little bit to peppery roses but it's still a very dark smell. Not for those who enjoy light florals and fruits, or clean scents. Lola is very in your face heavy and dark.

MsGoody2Shoes

Oh my... Calice Becker is a genius! Lola is by the same creator as 2 of my other faves - 'J'Adore by Dior' and 'Tommy girl by Tommy Hilfiger'

I wrote a review for this about a year ago, and said that the perfume was okay but not spectacular and that a roller ball will suffice.

Well, the craziest thing happened since then.

I wore this perfume during the holidays 2 years ago, and found it was subdued and elegant enough, but nothing like crazy good.

Fast forward another year, and I'm like, WOW.

It didn't really smell different but I interpreted it totally differently.

It is very exquisite and sophisticated, and maybe my skin chemistry has changed, but the way it smells on my skin is unbelievable and unlike ANY other perfume I've ever smelled.

I get this aroma from that is so hard to put my finger on, but it actually reminds me a lot of one of my favourite scents in the world 'Neutrogena Body Oil'.

It smells like the base is just like that but then there is just an unbelievable fresh and yummy quality that is definitely from the pink pepper (and vanilla).

The rose may be what gives the perfume it's oily aroma, it smells like a hot, rich bath in a dark room lit by just a few candles. The bath is filled with red and black rose petals and there are slices of lemon and yuzu (the pear and grapefruit).

Under these fresh bursts of citrus, rose, pink pepper, and a light and subdued peony, there lies a warm vanilla base that gives the fragrance it's slightly gourmand qualilty.

I picture the vanilla as little wisps of vanilla bubbles in this bath of Lola yumminess.

I just bought myself a 100 ml now that I'm done with my roller ball and have no regrets, just that I didn't realize how much I love this fragrance sooner!

It's so original, unlike a lot of my perfumes, and I feel before the week is done this will probably become my new signature, as I never smell this on other people, and the fact that apparently it mixes not well with most people's chemistry makes it even more special and personal to me in a way, I think.

Also, the bottle is a lot better looking in person than in the photo which was a relief!

I used to be obsessed with Daisy by Marc Jacobs a few years ago, but never replaced my bottle once it ran out as the scent became too popular, so it's nice to have another MJ to replace it.

The more I smell this perfume, the more I love it, this is something I have found is a rare but amazing quality that means you and a perfume are probably bonded for life, this has also happened to me with 'Dkny Golden Delicious'.

foxy_princess
foxy_princess

Was at my boyfriend's house and his cousin had left a bottle of this in the bathroom. He told me to try some and i did, sprayed once at the back of the hand and got a blast of unpleasant bitter roses and pepper. Luckily it didn't really start to waft so I just ignored that it was on my wrist til like 20 mins later when I started to smell something delicious. on me this turned into roses and pepper with a backdrop of smooth tonka bean, i didn't get any pear from this which im happy about but oh my it's soooooo good! Sweet aromatic musky roses this is. I want it :)

emtopaz
emtopaz

I've noticed the perfumes I like seem to have the same theme when it comes to notes - either one of or a combination of florals, pear and musk. This has all three! This smells sweet but not too sweet, is sophisticated and reminds me of those peel off samples of perfume you get in an expensive glamour/beauty magazine. As with a lot of Marc Jacob's perfumes, the bottle is beautiful and very flamboyant. This is high on my wishlist!

Alison Wonderland
Alison Wonderland

I have a sample of this I got from a swap. So many polarizing reviews....

This is very rosey, with pepper and pear. After a while the musk and pink pepper dominate the fading roses.

I'm on the fence. Kinda generic fruity floral I've seen everywhere. Perfumes need to tell me a story and with Lola i'm falling asleep :P

scarlett.angel
scarlett.angel

I received a sample vial of Lola last year. Not being a fan of MJ's floral-fruity perfumes, I surely thought I'd hate it. I was pleasantly surprised to discover a scent which is reminiscent of dark, sultry peppery roses. I happen to love Rose, and the one in Lola is not the 'light, girly, bouquet of fresh roses' type of scent other perfumes have.

Instead it is dark and musky in a good way. Like an old vase filled with dried roses. Has a slight Gothic appeal to me, despite the incredibly girly-looking bottle. It's nothing like Oh, Lola!

Note: Be warned I sampled this from a tester bottle in 2 different stores, and got an entirely awful, different scent of mothballs and rotten fruit. Apparently quite a few people have experienced the same problem when testing Lola in store, as I've heard that the tester bottles are prone to being off. So if you sampled one and got an old, dank smell, try again with a new tester or sample.

Lovelylittlelisa
Lovelylittlelisa

I tried this fragrance at sephora, there was a an almost full sample bottle of this, and when I first sprayed it, there were some dark floral notes, reminded me of dark roses, definitely a scent to wear at night. But for some reason it goes on light on my skin. I prefer "oh, Lola!" than this one, it's stronger and lasts longer on my skin. This fragrance ight be more suitable for a mature woman, it's just not for me.

Fragrance_Lily
Fragrance_Lily

I am much more of a sweet and gourmand fragrance kind of lady, but this is a wonderful floral that is not too mature for my 25-year-old self. The bottle is very cute, but I bought the lotion instead because I feel it lasts much longer than the perfume. I have sat in a classroom close to others who remark, "What is that good smell!?" when I put it on.

TeacupBreaker
TeacupBreaker

If rose scents are your thing, go for it. Otherwise, steer clear. Heck, even if roses ARE your thing, tread lightly. This is dangerously close to headache-inducing old lady perfume.

Leah lilly
Leah lilly

I got sharpness, headache, and never any beautiful florals . I didn't like this perfume.

Lovescent95
Lovescent95

Very elegant scent. Not the usually overly sweet, floral fruity scent from Marc Jacobs. If you love rosey scents you'll definitely love this! Even though I don't tend to like rose scents, I really loooooove this perfume! Best Marc Jacobs perfume ever!

The Wandering Fern
The Wandering Fern

This was a surprise. Very lovely and works well on my skin.

halona1
halona1

The most interesting of all Marc Jacobs perfumes. Lola is a lady in a crowd of immature daisies ;) So if you are disappointed about other MJ perfumes, try this one. It's definitely floral with fruity touch and it can't be different, it's Jacobs style. But...It's very feminine and significant. There roses are spicy. I feel this perfume very vintage, reminds me something from 90's. I'd put it in the same shelf with Romance.

AngelEuphoria
AngelEuphoria

Huge fan of Marc Jacobs' Daisy but not Lola. Lola has a chemical dry down that doesn't quite cut it.

jeanbean7777
jeanbean7777

This smells like gorgeous dark wet roses at night.....like deep purplish/ darkest red flowers..wit cold waterdrops trickling off.......I get the pink pepper bite as well as a bunch of sweet fruit but ultimately this is about the elegant and unbeatable rose. I see that many young reviewers aren't big fans of this one....This is one for us mature ladies! It isn't "fresh" or "sugary" or "innocent".......for heaven's sakes this is called "lola"......This attracts my nose and feels right to me. I like it for work when it's no too hot. I like to wear it to romantic lunches and it makes me feel so happy to spray it on before running my errands. It is simply beautiful and very unique. I feel like this is a perfume that picks you. It is very picky. But amazing if it matches your personality. For unconventional people like artists or salespeople or those who just don't care anymore what people think. They live their own life and hear their own drum.....very feminine.....yet never weak. In the same vein as Stella, dark kiss, Trevor midnight rose,etc. Very rosy yet exceedingly dark and quite sexual in away. One of my faves.

shahrzad7
shahrzad7

IT's a wonderful majestic scent !!
It is so feminine and elegant
and the bottle of course speaks for itself !!
it's a great scent to be your signature <3

mrsg34
mrsg34

Recieved a sample of this today and I just love it,I'm new to experimenting with perfumes but this is unlike anything I have tried I certainly will be buying a bottle of this beauty!

boutonstendres
boutonstendres

Rose and peony, two of my favourite flowers, melt into pear, one of my favourite fruits. So bright and cheery that it almost smells like a mix of a little girl's shampoo and champagne. You could wear this or one of Bath and Body Works's many fruity, floral compositions and it'd almost be the same thing. Except that I'm actually more biased towards BABW, oddly enough. Even though they are less subtle and less sophisticated, Velvet Sugar or Carried Away would do just as well and at a better price point.

Aysu
Aysu

I think Lola is a love or hate perfume, and I am on the lovers' side.
Purple bottle is very original, although the velvet cap is better than plastic cap.
For me this is a spicy rose scent with strong vanilla notes. Scent stays with you very long time, and after the dry down it gets better and better, smells like a rose scented lipstick with strong sillage.. I receive so many compliments with this perfume so I believe it fits to my chemistry. I love wearing this in winter, because due to its strong presence, wearing it in summer may be disturbing.
If you like your rose spicy and sweet, then this is a must try.

Jacquelyn1
Jacquelyn1

When I first sampled this in the store, I loved it. Then I bought it and have decided after wearing it a few times... meh. I'm not crazy about it. At first its fair, but dries to a barely there scent that is more floral and powdery than I like. Not a fan.

perfumeproblem777
perfumeproblem777

I've always wanted to try this perfume, and it was included in a sample set that I just got today. I'm glad I tried it!

First spray, I didn't like it very much. There was something off about it. Then I tried it on my skin and it smelled better. It's floral and fruity and very sweet, and works well with my body chemistry. There are some white florals that I can smell, but no rose. The dry down is very very nice. The vanilla comes through and stays on the skin for over four hours and softens the floral. It just smells so nice on my skin, and is something that I will definitely be buying at some point. Another good thing, it is actually my least favorite of the Marc Jacobs scents that I have tried, so I'm a fan.

celebrity89
celebrity89

The multiple personality of perfumes. Starts with a beautiful musky rose (I think Lilly Pulitzer Wink was inspired by Lola). It then becomes spicy like Chanel Coco. Finally, it settles into a sweet, old fashioned, 80's base like Gucci No. 3. I like the beginning the best.

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

I received this as a gift, but sadly had to give it to my mother.
It was too much of an in your face floral for me and there wasn't anything to offset that sharpness, like a sweet note or a woody note. I never smelled the pear note that's listed above. Quite honestly, it made me feel uncomfortable in my own skin. It also made me feel much older than my 30 years, and I don't mean that to say it made me feel mature or elegant.

Lola is truly a pretty fragrance, it just didn't sit well with me.

It's nice and smells gorgeous on my mom.

I will also add that the bottle pictured above looks much more convenient than the one I was gifted (from Macy's). Mine was the skinner, taller bottle with the same top, but it wasn't the special edition Velvet top. The taller bottle was pretty but very inconvenient and awkward. I can't tell you how many times I knocked it over, thankfully never onto the floor.

christinavictory
christinavictory

This is BBW ps I love you meets Paris Hilton siren with the dry down of Wonderstruck enchanted....if you like those, you'll like Lola...but it's just not for me. Pretty bottle....if the Marc Jacobs perfumes are sisters, this is the rebellious goth sister, good for someone else, not me. I am torn by it though... After a few hours it's nice, but before then it's just... Not me.

arrokaj
arrokaj

beautiful bottle . nice smell but it didn't stay long.i expected more from marc jacobs

icekat
icekat

I love sweet fruity scents, so I tried to give this fragrance a chance. I really tried. Lola got so much publicity going for it with its unusual bottle and a promise to vow me with its youthful and fun composition. Unfortunately this scent is worse than many celebrity scents I have tried.

The composition starts with citrus and awfully synthetic pear. The overall effect is unpleasant and frankly I had an urge to scrub it off. There is a bit of improvement as the scent settles on my skin into a sweet non-distinctive rose composition. The scent has formidable strength and tenacity to remain on my skin even after I washed it off, so both, sillage and longevity are nice.

The best part of this perfume is the bottle. It is certainly unusual and unique. When I saw it in person for the first time, I did not know what to make of it. It really walks the fine line between being unique, fun and whimsical, or cheap and tacky. After much debate, I think, somehow, it does manage to remain in artsy rather than trashy category. So I will give credit to Marc Jacobs for its unusual path with the bottle creation.

There are many nicer fruit floral scents on the market, so if you are looking for a fun girly scent I would recommend looking elsewhere. Overall score 5/10.

Cw830
Cw830

My nutshell interpretation: clean, bright grassy-like opening, followed by something that is both juicy and sassy. Overall a very pretty perfume. I think it is one of the more flexible fragrances I've smelled in terms of age and time wear. I have a miniature bottle. After applying a dab to my inner arm, more proximal than my wrist, I found the sillage to be weak. Longevity has been decent enough for me though, ~3 hours.

This is the best of the Marc Jacobs scents I have tried so far.
Very floral, but tender. I can sense rose, pepper and some fruits like pear in it. The perfume is quite sweet.
Lola is very youthful, pretty and happy.

akohk
akohk

I did smell this perfume on my wrist before purchasing it. I am wearing it today for the first time. At first, it smelled of something from my childhood, which was very lovely (people here have mentioned toys, dolls, erasers... I don't know exactly what it is, but there's definitely something to that). Also, it felt warm, cozy and somewhat sophisticated. Unfortunately, after the dry down, it turned into a very powdery scent that sadly stirs my allergies. I'm feeling a bit of asphyxia right now and coughing nonstop. In the future, I'll try wearing it only in my wrists and maybe a spritz on my chest. I now know I have to keep this fragrance away from my head and neck. Let's hope it works, otherwise I'll have to give it away. Too bad.

UPDATE: I tried it again and have been wearing it. It only made me cough the first couple of times I put it on. I'm happy to say I can now wear it and it doesn't cause any allergy or irritation. The only sad thing I have to say is I now find this fragrance very... blah... I doesn't seem interesting anymore, it doesn't make me feel anything special whatsoever. I've been trying to wear it very infrequently to see if my nose finds it again new and I get back some of the magic that made me purchase it, but it have not succeeded. Blah...

Guest_NoireFox
Guest_NoireFox

One of the best warm florals. Sweet rose, dried pepper, geranium and some of the most delicious, warm salty musk I've ever smelled. A truly scrumptious and original floral with a surprising amount of depth. Love it.

TrudyAmanda
TrudyAmanda

Lola joined my perfume family today. When this fragrance settled on my skin it reminded me of smelling a bouquet of fresh flowers. It's like picking a huge bunch daffodils in the spring and smelling them all at once. The rose notes are the strongest with peppery undertones and is it just me or can anyone else smell a hint of smoky-ness?

The bottle as on all Marc Jacobs fragrances is a work of art! Some say they are tacky but if you love the other MJ fragrance bottles this will be a welcome addition to your collection.

I feel Lola would suit a more mature woman (even though I'm 22 and I will quite happily wear her). Whereas Oh! Lola is definitely suited to the younger ladies. Over all I would say try Lola a few times before you knock it. Or at least try it a few times before you buy it to make sure it suits you as I can imagine that it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Guest_lizzie81
Guest_lizzie81

hurray!! I have finally found a Marc Jacobs perfume that I like! Why I did not sample one of the most famous ones first I don't know. I tried 'Oh Lola' and thought it was terribly boring, bland and weak so I just assumed I wouldn't like this one. Of all the other Marc Jacobs I've tried I always found the bottles beautiful but the scent leaving a lot to be desired therefore I was never tempted to pay the price that these babies go for. I'm just not a buy it for the bottle only type of gal, at the end of the day, to me anyway, that is least important.

Now let me tell you....I am tempted to own my very first Marc Jacobs! This one has a slight spicy element to it, the pepper I am assuming. Personally I like pepper notes I know they can be hit and miss with people. This sits on a beautiful geranium and soft rose body, finished with a beautiful smooth vanilla with a touch of sweetness. Not too much mind you, this one is fresh, wonderfully floral (can you tell I like geranium??) with a hint of sweet milkyness. This one is a winner in my book :) !!!!

liban23
liban23

Very similar to the part in the first Harry Potter movie where Olivander tells Harry; "the wand chooses the wizard, Harry," the same concept exists with Lola; this perfume chooses the wearer.

Alot of comments mention how this perfume smells "plasticky" or synthetic, and I can totally understand where those thoughts may come from. The first time I gave Lola a sniff it was straight from the nozzle and I had that YUCK! reaction. I thought to myself, why would anyone actually find this perfume pleasant to wear? I moved on and forgot about it.

Fast forward a year later, to where Lola and I meet again. This time it wasn't at a perfume counter, but one of my best friends was wearing her. A few of us went out the bars and all night I kept smelling something amazing coming from one of my friends and I finally had to ask "who the hell smells so effing good and what are you wearing?!" When she responded "Lola...Marc Jacobs," my face was kind of like this -----> O_o
I asked her to repeat her answer because there was no way the stinky perfume I smelled a year ago could actually be this beautiful on the skin.

The next morning, I find my sample of Lola and spray it on my wrist, still in disbelief. I left my wrist alone for a few minutes so the spray could fully dry and then I gave her a sniff....
Amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beautiful....peppery...rose....vanilla...tonka...musk....PERFECTION.
Lola was the perfume that really got me to start appreciating rose notes in perfume. The rose is blended together so perfectly with all the other notes and is so radiant and delicious.
Lola is powerful without being in your face. The longevity? Could be better if you ask me, I usually get only 6 hours of wear which isn't that stellar compared to alot of my other perfumes. The bottle? Not really my favorite, I find it overly tacky for my taste but I'm willing to look past it for the juice.
You HAVE to test Lola on your skin otherwise you will not get the full effect! On a tester strip and on the nozzle this perfume just flat lines..

My conclusion: no, Lola is not for everyone and as a poster mention above, it really shouldn't be. This is why I reference the HP quote. If Lola is meant to be...she will choose you and you two will have a beautiful relationship. If not, wellll then it's on to the next one.... :)

I've tried next Marc Jacobs fragrance, of course tempted by the bottle beauty, which is much prettier than the one shown on Fragrantica (tester bottle in a shop is divine navy blue, not violet.) At first this scent was quite ok, fruity, so I really hoped it would develop into something really good. But sadly, it does not like my skin. On me it is horrible, like something rotten. Ugh...
I don't have skin for Marc Jacobs fragrances so far. Ah, that means these bottles can't please my eyes every day. What a shame!!!

echounit
echounit

This is a fragrance that not everyone can or should wear, nor is it appropriate for many occasions. The ad campaign (however weakly controversial it was), belied the scent completely.

In my opinion, Lola is reserved for situations involving periods of intense and intimate physical activity. It is powerfully sensual and wears very well for many hours.

Outside of such a situation, and the hours leading up to it, it's either a loud advertisement for cheap sticky thrills, or a promise not delivered on.

sophiealbarn
sophiealbarn

Lola is one of my favorites. The reviewers describing it as a "peppery floral" are spot on. I guess it isn't for everyone, but that is what makes it special. A friend of mine- who has an excellent nose- one remarked that it smells like pencil lead! And funnily enough, she was totally right. But in a good way; in a lovely, floral, peppery, musky way!

lyciumchld
lyciumchld

I find Lola to be a spicy, jammy floral, just sweet enough to be accessible but by no means syrupy. There's something about the way pepper is featured in this fragrance that gives an energetic, almost vampy vibe to it, and though it does fade in later stages, pepper is nonetheless noticeable throughout.

Lola is definitely for mature women, but mature absolutely does NOT mean 'old lady' (I love how people seem to gravitate to the image of a blue-haired grandma, sitting in her living room wearing a crocheted sweater and smelling of powder and stale flowers - where do we come up with such things?? My grandmother was anything but stale!!). Think more of the woman who has flowered, accomplished, and become her most authentic, powerful self. She is self-assured, comfortable with her achievements and with her sexuality, and unafraid to be assertive.

Lola lasts on my skin for several hours, though it does not project for much more than 2 or 3. The bottle is unique, a good item for a collector (though I'm unsure of how that gargantuan flower would travel...). If I can find it on discount, I'll likely pick it up. Recommended.

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

Smells very much like rose soap, it's not offensive but I wouldn't pay that price for something so generic. Oh Lola is better in my opinion.

ialwayssmellgood
ialwayssmellgood

Lola, to me, smells like a stinky underarm. I thought some one accidentally brushed the tester under their funky armpit. However, the same smell came out of the nozzle when I sprayed it. Uggghhhh!

cherise1676
cherise1676

TRY BEFORE YOU BUY.I hate bashing anything. And this is just my personal opinion. Personally I think its putrid and disgusting. Smells of an old women, no offense. Just not for me what so ever.

CozyCat
CozyCat

This is such a delicious candied floral...so sweet, creamy and yummy. Wearable day and night, and all year round too, especially if you're more of an 'indoors' person in the hotter months. I definitely get alot of roses, pear, vanilla, pink pepper...and also a fluffy musky note. Lola is super-feminine and adorable, oozing with girlish charm, abit quirky and whimsical, with just the right amount of sexy. The musk note lends a touch of grown-up sophistication to this otherwise sweet, young, and playful scent. I can see this scent being worn by a woman with a very cheerful, bright and friendly disposition, whatever her age, 18 or 80. Sillage is perfect for everyday use, noticeable but won't choke others...longevity is about average, 5-6 hours on my skin. It's not a very distinctive scent, but it's different enough from many other fragrances released these days, has an irresistably adorable scent, plus bottle is kitschy cool. I also can see myself wearing this scent in just about any occasion, work, partying, hanging out, to a wedding...etc. I'll just have to get a decant and wear it a few more times before I decide to purchase. But as for now, my nose tells me that it is Marc Jacob's best release to date.

bailarina
bailarina

I received some compliments on this one the first time I wore it (it was a cold morning). For rose lovers, you have to give this a try. I don't know why the "dislikes", unless you don't like musky rose, but obviously if you are looking into this fragrance you probably like musky rose. My guess is that people wanted to smell more fruit, but you don't really smell a lot of frutiness on this one. Maybe you can try "Oh Lola" if you want more fruit.

lizzygee0
lizzygee0

I have a gently used large bottle of this i would really like to swap... please send me a note if interested :]

prettyswag
prettyswag

I love this winter scent...its heady yeah, floral yeah, sweet yeah....lasting ?..YES! I think some ppl are wearing this one at the wrong time...its a cold weather scent, spray lightly, wear often..so once you do that ..your body warms up to it..and thats what happen to me..the more i wore it during winter..the more great it became..the most compliments i got on this scent and my fav lady million...divine!

georgiacharms
georgiacharms

I love this perfume. I always get compliments on it and it's got such an elegant and classy feel to it. My is always long lasting and I can smell it on my clothes the next day and probably the next if I haven't washed it. I'm genuinely shocked that not many people like this perfume. Perhaps it just works with my body chemistry.

MsGoody2Shoes

I'm surprised so many people don't like this scent. It is definetly not my favourite, and a rollerball will suffice but I do not understand this reference I keep reading about where people say it smells like plastic and talcum.

To me this is definetly an evening scent (even though as I write this it's noon... felt like mixing it up today!)

It is ultra mature and probably the most sophisticated of Marc Jacobs' scents. The rose is not too sharp or overpowering is rather sweet when complimented by the pear, which reminds me quite a bit of one of my favourite fragrances, Trésor in Love, which also has roses and pears.

The Vanilla and Tonka Bean lend itself to create what some would consider a 'gourmand' scent, despite the obvious floral qualities.

The lemon and pink pepper add an usual burst of freshness.

This scent to me is perfect for the holidays, and a great choice for a christmas party.

Despite some reviews which claim this is a 'sweaty' scent, I find it quite clean and subtle.

Perhaps this works better with my body chemistry than the mass majority.

I am a huge fan of all Marc Jacobs fragrances, but this one definetly stands out from the rest.

I do not suggest blind buying this just because you like his other fragrances because it is very different, a lot more grown-up.

What else can I say? When I smell this I smell 'elegance'

EDIT: I should also include that the dry-down is almost a pure, delicate vanilla

saintleegray
saintleegray

I wanted to like this, especially based on all the notes. It might just be my body chemistry, but this doesn't work for me, even just a light spray. It's not horrible, just nothing special. Very processed smelling, with an odd after smell. Not my thing.

Antares811
Antares811

Sweet and spicy, what a beautiful floral. Unfortunately longevity is not very good on my skin. Very lovely and feminine, the drydown is warm and cozy.
I love it!

jackiebug
jackiebug

Love almost everything he makes.... but there is only one word for this ... YUCK! AS soon as it was on my skin I felt gross and wanted it off. It made me think of what it must of smelt like in a mid century whore house. Sweaty, dirty and cheap. I don't know how he can make such heavenly, wonderful scents...and then ... then this. He must have had a cold or was trying to get to a different market with this scent. THE PLASTIC ON THE TOP OF THE BOTTLE SMELT BETTER. :(

smellycat12
smellycat12

I quite liked it - it is heavy and smells cheap when not on skin. However I got bored of it very quickly and have most of a 50ml bottle to use up... It feels like a chore to wear now!

kasiarog
kasiarog

When I read the reviews, I thought I would love this fragrance, as I like sweet scents. Thank God I tested it before buying! I get nothing but plastic from it! There are some notes that remind be of Ricci Ricci, but I mainly get this plastic smell. The bottle is goregeous though. Oh Lola is hundred times better and has nothing to do with this one.

ClaireRr
ClaireRr

I had it and I forgot what it was like. I recently smelled it again. I have to say I didn't like it, and I recalled how tired I was of this scent the last period I had worn it.

takeasniff

I just dragged this out again recently and it reminds me of the smell of plastic dolls or those plastic baby dolls that were all the rage in the 80s. I think they were called New born babies and they had a talcum powder smell mixed with plastic. They had the little hospital wristband and certificate etc.

Some dolls when I was little had this smell and that is what this reminds me of I don't know if Marc Jacobs was trying to achieve the effect of a plastic doll but he nailed it if he was?

This still lasts an eternity on me so I have to be in the mood to wear it because for me it is not easy to scrub off if I change my mind.

tyekristopher
tyekristopher

I don't know about anybody else but I get a dirty smell from lola, almost like dirt and sweat. I find it to be musty, I do like daisy but lola is a different story...

timida88
timida88

Musky floral scent suitable for evening. I find it disturbing at daytime. It really reminds me some perfume from childhood. So i treat this as the best from MJ, much more imaginative than Daisy and Dot. However, I wouldn't buy it because of tacky bottle.

I remember when this first came out I read an article saying that Marc Jacobs was inspired by vampires in creating this fragrance.
I don't get it..
Lola is a musky rose-vanilla with a lot of peony and pepper. Vampires can bring up a lot of associations, but none of the ones I'm thinking of match this fragrance.
Dark? no.
Old timey? no.
Weird fetishistic sex? no.

Migalex

This is to me a fruity floral gourmand. To me it smells very much of coffee and chocolate, and its scent is quite common these days. I think it does smell nice and I find it a bit addictive. Personally, I am not very fond of gourmand scents.

EmilyTheStrange
EmilyTheStrange

I wanted SO much to love this perfume. I adore Daisy and love 'Oh Lola'...so I figured this would be a rather "safe" blind purchase. I was wrong. On me, this smelt overpowering, medicinal and far, far too masculine. My body chemistry and this particular perfume do not mesh at all. It had AMAZING staying power....which would of been great if I actually liked the scent. I agree with others, this is not a perfume you want to blindly purchase even if you do enjoy the other Marc Jacob options.

Adam300691
Adam300691

My best friend in the whole world wears this. It brings me to my knees everytime.

I love the smell of roses, and on her, it just compliments her so well. Her Bday was on the 14th and i got her the biggest bottle i could find, and she of course was the cutest, happiest thing in the whole world when she opened it!

This should be in every romantic/classy woman's collection!

vatnsmelona
vatnsmelona

an old favourite. i prefer it for evening wear but it works just as well on a rainy day. goes with most seasons i feel but i tend to get bored of it rather quickly nowadays. love the soft musky undertones and kitsch bottle. my hipster cousin recommended this to me :)

Aly135
Aly135

I dont like that scent at all .. too strong in a bad way and not balanced .. I ve a friend that loves that I cant stand near of her when she is wearing that..

sweet chestnut
sweet chestnut

I dont like it!The pepper is too strong.Definitely not for me.

Inesis
Inesis

I really, really like Lola! Such a gorgeus, dark, rose-musk-vanilla fragrance. I think the floral fruity category won't do it any justice. Makes it look lighter and more general than it actually is.

At the beginning there is strong grapefruit and pink pepper, but soon it turns into that rose musky vanilla-y thing I already mentioned. Lovely! Lola is in no way a typical floral fruity, not even a floral and definitely not fruity. I'd say it leans more to oriental or gourmand, during the middle notes even to woody if I'm being bold here.

One would have thought that for a fragrance with a powerful spirit like Lola, it would have a monster sillage, but alas, it doesn't. The sillage is just medium, which makes it suitable for daytime too. It doesn't last that long either, something around 4-5 hours on me. Still, I'm so glad I bought this!

dawn.brooks.391
dawn.brooks.391

ok normally i hate the smell of roses in perfume.so cloying and synthetic. blind bought this from reviews here,and it was like $6 for a rollerball,so thought what the heck,if I hate it I have a 17 yr old daughter who would enjoy it,or a friend.Put it on maybe 30 mins ago,and I love it! the rose is definitely front and center,but it isn't gagging and over powering at all.I think the musk gives it a softer,more earthy feeling.
the sillage isn't what I was hoping for,but it is a rollerball,so perhaps in a spray it would project more.I will update my review at the end of the day,if I get any compliments and how the dry down works out
Either way,it's a keeper,and will definitely be buying a larger edp or edt asap!

ok i didn't get too many compliments,a few and my bf likes it,he was surprised I did lol.it's definitely rosy,but i did enjoy the dry down,very soft and musky.
again sillage was a bit too close to the skin.but perhaps in spray form it will be stronger.will definitely re-purchase this one.

Jellybean
Jellybean

Rose peony duo accentuated with pepper. I like the beginning where rose is softened by vanilla; it has that feminine girly aura. That same rose becomes metallicy with time on my skin for some reason. I sprayed it on my shirt and it had that wonderfully soft beginning all the way thru. Oh Lola's older sister, but not by much.

Synthetic bomb on me, plasticky smell, I didnt like it one bit, lots of musk it seems, I dont know, I failed to smell the magic in that one. Seems the noses working on it had different ideas ! The flankers though are quite nice.

arwen38
arwen38

I just purchased this perfume. In the beginning I thought it was too strong for my taste. After a few hours, it grew on me! It doesn't smell as fruity as I thought it was going to be. After six hours it smells soft and feminine. Long lasting.

Update: Love the pink pepper and peony notes! I have to admit, it gave me a headache the first time I wore it. I realized that if I spray the back of my neck and arms the headaches are gone. I went out and bought a bigger bottle as a back up.

Kemerri
Kemerri

For some reason, when I think of floral perfumes, I think of like.. powdery scents? I don't know why. ESPECIALLY rose scents, but this is different. Every woman should own this perfume. It's long lasting, the sillage is perfect, and it smells great. Smells just, very feminine.. slightly fruity. It's not offensive and like, wow it lasts long. I'm so tired of these perfumes that you can only smell if you sniff someones shirt or something. Please someone tell me what the point of that is? If I wanted that, I'd buy a bodymist. Does the same job but for like 10 bucks. So if you like a nice young feminine scent with great sillage and lasting-power, I definitely suggest this.

My sister still smelled the perfume on me after a long day of work, even after we hung out til 7 pm. So that's 12 hours, TWELVE HOURS of wear and she STILL smelled it. WITHOUT sniffing my shirt (and I didn't ask her if she could smell it, she randomly asked. She said "Wow I smell that, smells good. What perfume is that? I want it.".. That's a freaking great perfume right there. Worth every buck.

clickingpenguin
clickingpenguin

Usually I feel buyers remorse after I give into my impulses and buy a new perfume. I don't even know how it happens. Once in a while I'll walk into a store to buy something else, and I'll end up with a new perfume. But this time when it happened, I didn't feel guilty at all. I absolutely love this perfume. You have your Daisys and newer fragrances like Dot. Then there's this. I can see why maybe the "Daisy" crowd doesn't like this because it's heavier and contains rose. I don't know why younger people don't care for rose, but I love it. The rose in this blends so well with the other notes. It's just so amazing. It's almost hard to describe properly. Just give it a chance! Oh, and it lasts forever and projects very well! I only needed a two sprays tops.

Hannehoney
Hannehoney

Beautiful bottle...but the scent is way too heavy for me..regret buying it

SeleneHdez
SeleneHdez

Me gustó en papel, pero cuando la pongo en mi piel sobresale la pimienta demasiado :(, por eso no me agrada

kasreen
kasreen

Lola is my absolute favourite. I can understand that for some it may be too much but to me it is just beautiful and always gets compliments. To me the bottle is gorgeous and looks great sitting on your dresser. It suits the fragrance so well as it is like putting your face into a bunch of flowers when you first smell it (again, this may not be your thing)!

harini_20
harini_20

I got this perfume yesterday!!! I jus love the bottle it's soooo beautiful and it's smells soo fresh, enchanting and it's fruity!!! It works soooo well on my skin and I got lottsss of compliments from my friends:)))

Berlynn
Berlynn

I really like this fragrance, but it is a very `Loud`scent. On initial spray it seems to completely take over. 1 spray is enough to not only envellop your entire body, but that of those around you too. The pepper note I think is the turn off for me. It dries into a lovely medley of roses and peonies, but its that initial Peppery/ musky spray and the massive silage that has me on the fence about Lola.

I have to agree with Nabegum. Also I don't get much rose of this scent. It's a very musky scent for me. It doesn't last long on me. It's gone very soon.

nabegum
nabegum

I don't really like this as it's very strong and musky. Smells like perfume in the 80's. Last very long too. I bought it because of the beautiful bottle but the perfume is just not my taste. The bottle is still sitting on my table.I don't think I will buy this again. But I read that Oh Lola smells much better. I might get this next month:)

Guest_DomizianoA
Guest_DomizianoA

Cannot believe some of these comments! What now? Tell me this is not a pretty bottle? Tell me this is not a sweet and sexy fragrance on a lady?
Come on girls, be ladies!!! Time to end your infatuation for the light, fresh little fragrance a dude could sport, try to be .. sexy and be light doesn't mean wearing something light, even grandma knew better than many of you! Sorry had to say!

jennifer.phippsgarner
jennifer.phippsgarner

I have to admit I like the fruity/light scents, and the description on this didn't sound like I would like it, but I love it. It has great staying power and is a change up from my regular scents.

Fragaria
Fragaria

There are scents I've fallen in LOVE with and would purchase in a beer bottle! There are scents I have found that were "eh...s'ok" and purchased because the bottle also, was visually appealing to me. This is just a nice scent to me but, COULD have been a purchase for me if the bottle would have been something I could live with. If this scent is a LOVE for you, and you find the bottle to "just die for!", it'll be worth your money.

Kayse
Kayse

Lola is a cosy smell, with a delightful woodsy dry down. I find it to be marvelous, with an excellent thick quality body cream also. Sample it, you might just love it

suhaesa
suhaesa

a sweet plastic y (just a hint)..you know the smell of those sweet erasers you used to have as a kid and almost want to eat..now i know why i liked it !
a fresh.. young.. sweet.. gourmand.. but its not that you almost want to drink it.. as in the escadas.. it has a unique character.. for a light floral powdery sweetish fragrance..i think the newer one.. the pink long one is alot friendlier or atleast will appeal to the younger crowds much more..
its fruity.. tropical.. bit of coconut. a bit of vanilla.. a bit of burnt sugar.. oh and the rubhub is just in your face.. and pears.. and all the exotic fruits of the enchanted forest..its almost made for a smurfet.. but something is missing the complexity.. the depth.. maybe i am smelling it and reviewing it after reviewing some master pieces.. so its not fair to judge it now..i bought it when it first came out i was in to those new purple bottles like the nina richi and packo rbane andd valantino u know 2008 or 9 the theme was all those sweet gormond young fre spritied light hearted perfumes that dont last long ..
i want to smell the depth but nothing as if its all made up of top notes.. and maybe one or 2 middle notes there is no base to the perfume.. its just a beautiful young sweet fragrance that will not stand the test of time..

perfume ratting 3.6 out of 5
botlle rating tacky but unique 3.8 out 5

Cecza
Cecza

When I saw the notes here I thought I will love this fragrance but unfortunately I realy hate it :( It's just so very sythetic :( But its little sister Oh, Lola is gorgeous :)

Turbo-Rose
Turbo-Rose

The bottle screams out to you "Look at me, look at me, I'm a big-ass bam-in-yo-face flowery cutesy perfume bottle, aren't I pretty?"
But honestly, and in contrast to other reviews I've seen, there are a lot better, less synthetic rosy fragrances out there that are worth the money and not all about the packaging like Agent Provocateur by Agent Provocateur. I got a headache when I sprayed this even though its a seemingly nice scent..

LIN
LIN

The bottle is outstanding and super feminine and the juice is just nice... rosses and flowers, flowers and rosses...bla bla bla I like it but wouldn't buy it again! I bought it the first time only because i colect bottles and had to have this one...Lasting power is medium and also the silage. Nothing unique.

RGR
RGR

My best friend gave me the solid perfume ring as a gift and I have to say I was not expecting this! I love the colors and the flower is so flamboyant!

I saw the flower and thought about violets and roses blooming but as the scent develops I find myself stuck on the pepper notes. It gives it a wooden "vintage" feel reminiscent of 80's YSL perfumes perhaps? I don't know why people say this smells sweet or vanilla-like. I smell vintage style flowers and pepper.

I find this scent lures me into thinking of madonna and kitsch art. It makes me remember my older sister who was a teenager in the 80's. She was also flamboyant, rebellious and colorful.

I would wear this through the autumn and winter seasons and I would wear it lightly as in some people find the pink pepper offensive.

Grottola
Grottola

It's pleasant and all, but to me Lola just smells like apple shampoo. I suppose if that's your sort of thing, then go for it.

vood-oohlala
vood-oohlala

Flowery sweetness with no signs of candy and pastries… what a relief. She is without question a very sweet scent, but the sweetness comes by way of an intense bouquet of flowers, pear juice and vanilla. I don't consider this a generic scent...but it easily could have been. Lola is a warm and friendly way to wear a scent which features a prominent rose.I think i'd be a bigger fan if the sweetness was toned down *just* a bit...but as she stands i still enjoy it.

apple pie2929
apple pie2929

<3 LOVE this perfume!! :D

teddyandturtle
teddyandturtle

Ugh, do not like it. I have no idea what possessed me to buy this when I was in high school, but now I have a whole horrid bottle of this stuff with the lotion.

It's sweet from the vanilla, which is very apparent on my skin...and the peppers just really give me a headache. And it's incredibly potent.

Not my cup of tea.

synergypsy
synergypsy

Lovely pink roses, very soft and feminine. I don't detect any "juicey" or "ripe" accords that would debauche or tart up this fragrance. I grant you that it does not smell expensive, and I think that's because aldehydes are held in check, or at least employed judiciously. So, you don't get that sophisticated chi-chi sparkle. The grapefruit isn't pungent and adds a slightly musky balance-- easy companionship with the rose. The tonka bean is evident and provides more warmth that does kind of spar with the pink pepper, but does prevail.

Overall, Lola isn't a complex fragrance, it's just a very nice feminine fragrance that shouldn't be over-analyzed. It is what it is, sweet, rosy, and very pretty.

dioradddict
dioradddict

my 1st impression on lola is a cross between amor amor and burberry the beat . on my skin the drydown was inexpressive, very light, but it was just my 1st impression. I love and prefer burberry the beat, but lola seems to be more innocent, girlish, happy... have to try once more...

almarie
almarie

Even after 3 years, I am still on the fence about Lola. I have been occasionally spraying it on my wrist when I am at work, but I still can't say that it jumps out at me. Honestly, it smells like bananas and pepper to me! Maybe I am wrong, but that's what I get from it. Needless to say, I still have not purchased it. Sometimes I see it on eBay for cheap, so I may still get it and add it to my collection since I do have Oh Lola and Dot.

jewlz114
jewlz114

Love me some Lola... its a very mysterious, senual lusty fragrance. half way through my bottle and already purchased another one. Whoever disagree, sorry it doesnt compliment your body chemistry

agiuliano87
agiuliano87

I own this and I still cant decide if i like it or not. It smells kindof like plastic to me sometimes.

cronai
cronai

I wanted very much to like this one because I love the bottle, but no way. To me, it smells just like a cheap candy store. I have nothing against cheap candies when going to, say, a horror movie, but I do object to them on my neck. Yuck!

theprophetblog
theprophetblog

Why so much negativity? One of my female friends has this and I think it's beautiful. A lovely girly floral.

sateni
sateni

This is a perfume that I would not wish to ever spray on anyone. I think it smells as if made with discount ingredients. Too plastic, too fake. The bottle even has a plastic flower on it, which gets more and more sticky the more you spray the perfume. And all that dust and dirt that then sticks to the flower. Who would want to wear that? There's no depth or 'story' to it.

cdimmick2013
cdimmick2013

I am sorry to say that this smells like a funky underarm. I was upset that I even sprayed it.

Green Jade
Green Jade

Lola is a dewy floral bouquet ... The aroma leads to a garden filled with flowers sweet, citrusy and spicy. However, depends on the chemistry with each type of skin. Makes my style, which is predominantly floral ...

Lola é um buquê floral orvalhado... O aroma remete a um jardim repleto de flores doces, cítricas e apimentadas. No entanto, dependerá da química com cada tipo de pele. Faz o meu estilo, que é, predominantemente floral...

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

I LOVE Lola. If i had to describe this scent in one word... SENSUAL

My boyfriend loves this on me as well!

Migalex

The not to me frankly dominating in the edp is Grapefruit, the same grapefruit I detect in intuition, not fresh at all, but spicy like, very close to natural coumin. In the edt I do not detect it at all, it is very different, more floral and fresher, and also quite weak. Staying power of the edp is quite good. This perfume won a FiFi award, but when I compare the EDP to intuition, I do prefer intuition, intuition to me does have something this one lacks, and which makes it somehow special, even though it is not a type of scent I am that fond of. But I find them very very similar. The scent of grapefruit does wear off in Lola EDP, but it takes hours, so that it does go into the heart and the drydown of the perfume and, as I said, is the most dominant note to me.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Lola is one of those perfumes I still can't figure out whether I like it or not: it is very sweet floral, mostly vanilla and gardenia on my skin, but it's synthetic-smelling, which I don't like. After several hours, however, it smells almost nice. I think, it smells better on a paper strip...

cocorosie
cocorosie

I love this. For me, it's easy to wear everyday and good for all occasions, but it still has a very distinct character, with a sexy edge. Fun and girly, but still chic - not too sweet and certainly not bland. Lola knows who she is and what she wants.

safiah.lia
safiah.lia

i like the smell but i had a severe headache each time using it. so i stopped then.

takeasniff

I have the little solid ring instead of the spray. When I spray this on it is really too much for me. Another reviewer pointed out that this is nicer when the ring is used and I agree. I use just a little dab on my kneck and wrists and I can smell it just slightly which in this perfume's case is all that is needed otherwise it can become a real mess. It lasts really well. Just when I think I cannot smell it anymore it wafts up to my nose. I like it and I agree it is nothing special but I like the soft powdery sweetness mixed with a little pepper if worn correctly it is a feminine pleasant perfume. I will always have it in my collection.

The Swedish girl
The Swedish girl

Dramatic and cute bottle, but awful stench.

I can only smell stale plastic liqourice? Was expecting something else.

Btw - the annoying little boy Justin Bieber must have been VERY inspired by this bottle when his crew created "Someday".

dinosgirl3
dinosgirl3

To me, this perfume is the epitome of innocence, yet somehow, it still manages to have a mysterious, sexy edge to it. The opening is very soft and sweet - a lovely, creamy rose. It's youthful and feminine. But lurking beneath is a subtle, warm spiciness that makes you wonder if the innocence is all a facade, or if there truly is a femme fatale waiting for the right moment to emerge.

I am not usually a rose fan, but Lola's rich, creamy quality in addition to the spiciness works amazingly well. I definitely think this would make a great date night scent.

colorblindlove
colorblindlove

I love this bottle but I wish I could like this scent...but I don't :( Too flowery and spicy for me.

perfectxpisces
perfectxpisces

The bottle alone made me want this fragrance & it looks so pretty sitting on my dresser with my other fragrances but that's as far as it goes. Don't get me wrong I do LIKE it but it's def not my go to. In fact, I've had it for a little over a year and wore it the most the 1st month I got it. With my body chemistry all I get is a blast of roses...a big, huge, BLAST. After the dry down I can sense a lil bit of the Pink Pepper but that's it.

I personally don't see how anyone can call Lola "light" this is indeed a very heavy and long lasting fragrance. I just sprayed it once on my right wrist to reminisce and fairly write this review. After a about an hr I have a slight headache and Lola hasn't calmed down or faded much.

When Lola completely calms after a few hours, it is very pleasant but you have to get over the initial weight of it which lasts hours.

Again I say, I LIKE Lola but I do not love her... however she'll always have a place on my dresser as I absolutely ADORE the bottle. :)

Cadnuim
Cadnuim

I have a complete love-hate relationship with this. Some days it smells really nice, peony and roses with a little pepper, but the others the pepper is really strong and overpowering.

lucifera
lucifera

this is just what im looking for, fresh fruity AND longlasting :D my favorite!

Adriannayo
Adriannayo

I have the really cute solid perfume... I deffintly smell the red pepper and rose.. In my nose it doesnt smell very sweet or fruity, but it's still got a nice like spicy spark to it.. When i wait for a bit, the sweetness starts to come through. With my solid perfume, it's really nice because you use the littlest bit and it smells strong, but doesnt really surround me... It stays close to your skin. so people arent slapped by the scent..
and let me just say this even if you don't liek this scent, This ring thing is the cutest thing ever.. I feel like a lil spy with this ring, cuz when i turn the cap, i have like a secret compartment of perfume...

zulukline
zulukline

I received this in a swap today, and the bottle is so gorgeous. It looks perfect on any kind of vanity, especially when the sunlight hits it. That being said, the juice just isn't for me. I smelled this and upon first spray was taken aback to a time somewhere in the early 2000's. I was a young and chubby 5 year old, and I adored my mother, and everything she was. I wanted to be everything she was. She always wore very peculiar scents, albeit she did work at May Company, which became JC Penney, so she knew her fragrances. One in particular, Chloe Narcisse. Everyday I'd smell Narcisse, and everyday it reminded me of her. 12 years later, lo and behold, this smell is evocative of Narcisse. An homage almost. I can't wear this out, but I love to spray it on my pillowcase and be taken back to my innocent times, when I still had my mother and all her warmth.

fullbottleworthy
fullbottleworthy

Honestly, there's not much I can say about this perfume. I mean, it's just kind of generic and not really that special. I thought it might be nice for summer, but I think I will pass.

temo
temo

Pleasant enough at first, but after a while it took a really weird turn and wound up smelling like that "pencil shaving" smell from a third grade classroom. Very strange smell for me.

Filigree
Filigree

I will admit right here that I must be crazy...because I *really* don't like this fragrance! I got a huge rollerball of this as a free sample and had to put the cap back on as soon as I'd taken it off and sniffed it. To me, this smells very young, like your teenage daughters' first self-purchased perfume. Or like something Alicia Silverstone would have worn in the movie Clueless (not because I think y'all are clueless...I don't...it's just that I get that bubbly blonde image in my head when I smell this and I don't think I've thought of that movie in YEARS).

I put some of this on a few minutes before writing this review to make sure I was getting the full benefit of drydown, body temperature, etc...nope. 30 minutes later, all I smell is that initial peppercorn odor and dry down has resulted in me smelling like an old 80's Vogue magazine (with a million of those dry, folded perfume "samples" that used to all smell the same).

My sinuses feel like they're on FIRE, my nose is burning so bad, and I must wash this off now.

OlfactoryOverload
OlfactoryOverload

On my skin it starts out with a soft rose note, distinctive pink peppercorn and geranium. It's not bad during the first 5 minutes. I like it during this phase.

After the top notes dry down on my skin, it smells like plastic burning.

So, needless to say this one is a no-go on my skin.

On the positive side if this works with your chemistry, it is amazingly long-lasting and has a polite sillage.

Dmarie0218
Dmarie0218

Rose and Tonka Bean really take over this scent. I would not recommend to anyone who has a strong disdain for rose. It can be quite overwhelming so a little goes a long way. It is definitely a winter scent.

brettashley
brettashley

I think it's about time I admit this to myself: I don't like Lola all that much. In fact, I might dislike it quite a bit. I purchased a 1.7 oz bottle impulsively because I found it for a good price and I thought the bottle was adorable, plus I've found Marc Jacobs' perfumes pleasant enough in the past. But from the first spray, I've found Lola first screechy and then bland.

Lola starts with a blast of pink pepper and grapefruit, a top note confection that had me sneezing without fail for the first five or six times I wore this. (Having already spent money on it, I was really determined to like it.) This eventually abates as the floral notes come peeking through, and I have to say, I mainly get rose from this, but it's a deeper, purple-ish rose, if that makes any sense. (The bottle really is a good representation of the perfume. Make of that what you will.) The florals don't smell complex though; they're decidedly flat. Vanilla and tonka bean are there to sweeten the fragrance and add warmth, but the overall effect is of something contrived and artificial. Once the excitement of the fruity top notes die down, I'm left with a very generic sweetened floral. (And at this point, I'm kinda hoping the pink pepper comes back because at least that's interesting.) Lola can be quite overwhelming, so apply lightly.

I've managed to wear Lola quite a few times, and to even get used to the scent. But putting it on, especially when there's so many other more interesting and beautiful fragrances around, feels more like a chore than anything else. And applying perfume should never be a chore.

easybeauty.via giolitti
easybeauty.via giolitti

nice floral fragrance, perfect for autumn superbe packaging!

nush imogen
nush imogen

OOOhhh i FINALLY got this!! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE .. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! :)

angelic4296
angelic4296

I've smelled this "scent" a million times before in a million different other florals. Completely non-distinctive to me, I couldn't pick this one out of a lineup of florals. Pretty, just not "special".....

Kamaty
Kamaty

I looove it !!! Is delicious ,creamy , long lasting...
The first impression was simple fragrance but when i put it on ....
Everything changed !!! It is so comfort , nice and make me feel very good.

twilight1234
twilight1234

This smells really floral and is really right for me. I didn't get to test it on skin, I just put it on a piece of card but it still smelled LOVELY!!!! It really gives you a perk up, even if it gives me a headache. It will brighten up anyones day. But don't overdo the spritz. 2 is quite enough!!

Aspendina
Aspendina

looking at the notes this review is not gonna make sense, it sounds like it would smell amazing. On me it smelt like I had a burning incense tapped to my arm and I hate the smell of incense. In end it once the incense smell was gone finally it smelt like those cheap crayons they give away at restaurants for kids. I am still looking at these wonderful notes, wondering what went wrong :-/

Sophie.love
Sophie.love

Wonderful , excelent !!!!! The bottle is awsome . What can I say about the smell ??? Hmmmm.... At first spritz , I can smell pink pepper , then rose and vanilla . On my skin the longevity is about 6 hours . Something of this perfume reminds me about Si Lolita , but more fruity and sweet . Yes , Lola is Si Lolita + fruity vanilla . Positive vote .

Efflorescence
Efflorescence

This scent is great. It's sweet, but not overpowering, and it's such a comforting scent in the winter and the fall. I get compliments on it too, which I really like. But I have barely touched it in the last month, seeing as the spring has started to appear here in Norway. Definitely not something I would use before the winter starts creeping back, but in the dark and cold months of the year, this is my signature scent.

The staying power isn't great, but it isn't terrible either. But if you like your scent to be noticeable, then you probably have to spray yourself with it 2 - 3 times a day. Not something I would do, as I only want people to smell my perfume if they are very close to me.

ru2
ru2

My mum's signature scent nowadays... VERY good sillage, Lola just seems to waft in the air around her and can smell it from about 2 meters away. I can even smell it even when she has left the room. It's very strong so one spray is enough.

In the bottle it smells gorgeous. On my mum its not as nice - the smell gets on my nerves after a while. There's just something about it! I don't think it works that well for her. Haven't had a chance to try it for myself yet to see if it works for me but kind of scared to because of how strong it is.

On the other hand my mother always complains that she can barely smell it at all! Just shows how easily the nose can get used to it and you can end up spraying too much.

Might edit to say my experience when I try it.

Jamtin
Jamtin

Ah; the scent of a woman - a mature woman. It is sweet, sultury and mysterious. As we age we lose our "sweetness" however Lola brings it back, not disguising, but enhancing, the sensual woman that we become

LillyBunnyBoo
LillyBunnyBoo

Got this as a sample today. Woo, boy. So sweet I'm kinda nauseous. Reminds me when I smelled "Joy" for the first time years ago. :P I'm discovering that I'm very far from being a Floral Fruity kinda girl and that I DETEST PINK PEPPER. lol Didn't like it in the bottle and liked it even less on me. Will not be wearing, nor purchasing, this. Scents like this just smell cheap to me.

maissaa.zahran
maissaa.zahran

I bought this last night for my 8 years old daughter. A year ago she saw it in the shop and loved the bottle, can you blame her?... I refused to get for here then cos I thought it was too old for her, and it is kind of. But a few days back she mentioned it again and I thought why not? If she is old enough to appreciate it then she deserves it. Does that sound logical... Well here we are and she is happy with it.
Off course I had to give it a try. It is quite lovely with a floral, musky and powdery feel. Not too powerful but not week either.

Cams
Cams

I have underestimated Lola. I bought it a year ago, sprayed it once and didn't spray it again until today. What a wonderful, amazing surprise. I sprayed it on both wrists at 6:20 am and I still smell it on my wrists at 10:25pm!!! I have officially fallen in love with this beautiful fragrance. I walked past a co-worker at 4 pm and he told me he loved my fragrance. This is a winner for me.

RoRoSe
RoRoSe

This is spicy to me and the spices are warm not soft.. The sweetness appears at the drydown ,, defiantly for winter.I am so in love with the bottle but the scent is Not for me :(

jenny2301
jenny2301

I smelled this today and I found it quite pleasant. I smelled this and Daisy. I liked them both,didnt love them but they were nice. Lola is a light floral and common that bottle is just so nice.Love it!Maybe even better than the fragrance

bananafishbones
bananafishbones

The bottle is gorgeous and the cap is adorable.

But for me the scent isnt one I could stand wearing at all.

I wanted to like Lola, I really did, but theres something overbearingly soapy and stale and ... old about this.

Maybe I had a tester that went off, but I really didnt enjoy this one .

Suzi
Suzi

I have just got Lola but I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with it I found a bit too sickly sweet it smells different on me vs on the card I like it on the card but when I spray it on myself it's definitely not as nice it doesn't mesh with my body chemistry I find it a bit lacklustre and it doesn't really live up to it's own reputation not one I'd get again and I don't know why everyone likes the bottle it's too big and garrish really

feelawesomerobot
feelawesomerobot

I adore this perfume. Not for everyone, though. Sweet with a small hint of sultry.

megansoong
megansoong

i think the notes that stand out the most is the rose and the pink pepper. Its not sweet but its spicy.

Emmskii
Emmskii

Just got this perfume for Christmas instead of Oh Lola! (the one I wanted). Can't decide whether I like it or not... I believe it'll definitely grow on me. It's not a BAD scent..adorable bottle. I definitely smell the initial peppery scent. It's quite flirty.

PalmSpringsTammy
PalmSpringsTammy

This is one of my sister in law's signature fragrances. It smells so lovely on her! So, I thought I'd give it a try. Big mistake! Huge Mistake! It's crazy how perfumes react to body chemistry... or is it vise versa? ;0)

ladymillion123456789
ladymillion123456789

i am getting this gorgeous perfume for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXCITED MUCH WANTED TO GET THIS PERFUME FOR A WHILE I HOPE I WILL LOVE IT A LOT!!!!!!!!!HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE

Got It and i like LOLA alot !!!!!!!!! such a cute bottle looks great on my dresser

vincy_gal

For me, the initial whiff is a pepper punch. After a few minutes it seems to be nothing but roses. And strong rose smell at that. If I was looking for a rose frag this would be a good choice. Unfortunately it's a bit linear and simple for my taste...and while I do love a good rose smell, it's a bit overpowering.

faline9162
faline9162

I have a friend who absolutely loves this perfume so one day I stole a spray or two and deeply regretted it. I don't know why but the only note I get is roses, roses roses roses roses and oh, more roses. I do smell a bit of the pepper but the over powering rose just killed it for me.

karaaslang
karaaslang

I was wondering whether or not somethings wrong with me-I don't like this fragrance at all- then I took a look at the like-love-dislike scale and I saw that there are many members of fragrantica that dont like this particular smell. Yes I like spicy, yes I like vanilla and sweet but there is something wrong with this smell. The bottle was so attractive and the gift-a purple hat box (that I use as decorative purposes) witht that gorgeous flower attached to it made me buy this fragrance I have to admit but then whenever I put this fragrance on, the smell when the last notes rise to the top, annoys me. I cant put a finger on it if you ask me why, the whole bottle stays right on my dressing table for the last two years, I use it as a room spray from time to time and I still do not like it so it has nothing to do with my skin chemistry, but it is expensive to give it away...the image of lola, in my mind, should not smell like this. she should be much more sweetier, muskier, flirty and upbeat, this is when Lola puts it on when she becomes MADAME Lola.

chromaggia
chromaggia

Not the biggest fan myself. That's not to say it's a bad fragrance. I find it to be a mature floral, and the pepper punched me in the nose right from the first sniff. Too intense for my style, but a sophisticated older woman would smell great in it. I much prefer Oh Lola!, it's a lot more delicate.

Eicher
Eicher

I personnaly love this perfume though, I am not suprised that the dislike/like votes are almost at the same range. Marc Jacob's Lola is a heavy, mature and particular perfume.

Lee79
Lee79

This perfume is perfect for the fall/winter. Starts out very strong. But it softens up nicely, and very sexy and mature. This perfume lasts all night and u can still smell it the next morning.

92heartbeat
92heartbeat

love love love!!! pretty bottle and good smell ;)

aftab1362n
aftab1362n

one of my friend has it.she prefers it for the party,i ve tested this fragrance and i m not interested in it enough

Cookie2
Cookie2

Beautiful! Don't think this is a teen scent atall, could be worn by any age. Love the strong opening , lovely night-time perfume but doesn't last for longer than 2/3 hours.

Ohkit
Ohkit

Just after spraying some on paper, it smells citrusy. Minutes later, Lola turns into a pleasant floral fragrance. I can't detect any pink pepper (what a shame!), but the grapefruit, the rose and the pear notes make a nice combination. Although this perfume is really nice on others, I don't like it too much on my skin. I get a faint smell of a pencil that has just been sharpened, and I guess it's my body chemistry.

vanillabean23
vanillabean23

A friend of mine wears this, it is very similar to Britney Spears' Curious (which I used to wear). To make it sheer perfection, it needs to be a tad more potent. It's certainly gorgeous enough, but it needs more clout.

beti123
beti123

Its nice to read that some people hate that perfume because its great to know that I am not sharing the same perfume with lots of people! I love LoLa and Im really jealous about it! I want to be the only woman that men reminds with that perfume :P just joking :) but lola is really great as a perfume and great as a creation. For me, Lola is young hot woman who blossoms like a flower. And men, If you are the right man for lola, lola will open her heart for you, so u can see the lola's inner beauty :) 10/10 floral, warm, spicy, sexy <3

SheShe
SheShe

I had a sample but I didn't like it - OK, it was pleasant, with a bubblegum-ish notes in the opening, but heart and base notes were boring, nothing I remembered. And the lasting power wasn't good on me. A nice smell, quite young, not the strongest one and that's all.

What's the best in the perfume is its name and bottle ;) Bottle is definitely Tim Burton-like.

Sherry9LeE
Sherry9LeE

This is one of my favorites! Has a unique and feminine character, and gives a sophisticated touch. I like the bottle as well (don't agree at all that it feels tacky!).

Lil Mju
Lil Mju

Whell, what can I say? The best stuff was already said :)It lasts forever on me - all day long - which is impossible for any edp that i know. On second thought, nothing is impossible for Lola! ;) She's a rebellious and sometimes obnoxiously loud girl that can be quite likeable if you don't overdo her :) i smell mostly peony, rose and red pepper. As long as I understand it's not liked because it can be a bit too much.. which is true. a girl i know sprays it on one time but i can smell her within 2 metres! wow.

To sum it all up, i'd like to say that this is not your average every-day scent. it's a spicy floral to my nose, and it's good for going out (to a party, date - anywhere as long as it's going out :)) well i guess that's all i can say

Rach1
Rach1

I like it don't love it but i do adore this unqie scent. it's very sophisticated, very evening, and perfect for going out.

iKoiKo
iKoiKo

I got into perfume last spring, and Lola was the first "seductive" fragrance I bought. I felt it was dark and playful, and the pink pepper seemed to make it unique. Wearing it made me feel mischievously sexy.

I guess my nose matured faster than I would have liked, because after a very short time I couldn't wear it anymore. It started to feel very thin and synthetic. At 23, I feel too old to wear this. I put it on from time to time and wish I could like it again, but it just smells annoying and I have to wash it off.

I don't hate Lola, but I know I'll never wear it again. I love the bottle though, and think it's a good match for the juice. There's a certain plastic cheerfulness about them that makes me think of a very young drag queen.

karolla28
karolla28

I love it! Especially the pink pepper this is it, what I adore! The next fragrance, which makes me happy :)
Unfortunatelly it doesn't long lasting fragrance. 15 minutes and its disappear

tiffanykimwagner
tiffanykimwagner

What is there to hate about this fragrance?? I adore it!!

PlunketNurse
PlunketNurse

Perhaps its my chemistry perhaps it s the bottle i got. But this smell absolutely disgusting. Strong alcohol dissipation at the start that burnt my nostril, however it was only a second. Plasticky rubbery smell that dominates, smelt like overboozed pear syrup, the peony only emphasized it more. Frankly so, it a horribly done scent that is harsh and unrefined in my opinion.
smells like a concentrated dollar shop fragrance gone wrong.

I.I
I.I

I like it. It's the type of perfume that 'tells' a certain story.
The inicial blust was disappointing, it smelled somewhat like ashes on me but after two hours it turned out to be one of the most amazing scents I've ever worn. Sadly I already have enough perfumes and I've just found and purchased a 'new love', so no room (and money) to purchesh it right now.
It's long lasting, somewhat intense but ok if applied with a light hand. Suitable for all ages in my opinion, quite sophisticated, classy and feminine (not 'sexy' though).

DarkViolet
DarkViolet

Lola - quite like some recent launches from mainstream brands (right now I'm thinking about Chloe Chloe and Flora by Gucci) - opens pretty citrusy and brisk, but it soon turns into a rose-y floral with creamy and delicate hints of pear and vanilla. I guess the main character of this fragrance is red pepper, making Lola somehow remarkable and quite interesting through adding some excitement to the combo, I would say: you can really smell something like a tickling-herbal spice through the heart of this EDP, providing the whole composition with a wittier, more intriguing mood. Drydown features a musk-vanilla accord in which I can also detect a refined floral shade (sharing some similarities with its older sister Daisy, in which the floral and musky tones are strongly reminiscent of a body lotion smell).
Sillage is good at least through the first 30 minutes, then the scent gets quite close to skin and subtle; longevity is low/average (for an EDP it is not impressive..).
I don't use to pay too much attention to bottles, but what a cute and lovely design we have here! I can't say how much I'm in love with that multicolor stopper, ain't it a bit childish yet feminine and malicious?.. and the bottle looks like a dark amethyst gem, so luminous and smooth. Lola has a really attractive look, no doubts about it.

At the end I don't feel too attracted to this fragrance right now: the first times I sprayed it on paper I got the impression of a somehow generic scent, and its vagueness is what keeps me quite far from wanting to purchase it (actually Lola is not sweet nor sharp, not sensual neither shy, not particularly fruity nor floral.. or maybe a combination of that all). Yet I admit this fragrance would be a funny and easy piece in my quite serious collection.. something I'd definitely wear each time I feel easy and malicious: a cute, smooth and inoffensive fruity floral for any occasions after all, not a must-have so far..

ogofragrant
ogofragrant

Wonderful feminine scent! It's got everything I love (creaminess, subtlety, lasting power, softness, tonka bean & musk) & a couple of unexpected extras (grapefruit sharpness, & peony which I don't usually like). The combination of notes in this fragrance is a perfect harmonious melody. Very delicious if you like heady, girly scents. At the same time, while it is a heady scent, it's not overwhelming or overbearing or suffocating. It actually smells very fresh & floral, like a spring garden, with a simultaneous touch of warmth. One spray shared btwn my wrists is all I need to avoid sillage but enjoy the soft scent that lingers deliciously for hrs. Makes me feel very feminine when I wear this. I wear this basically in the daytime but I can see myself reaching for this in any season, day or night. Super-cute floral bottle too!

aray
aray

I was truly disappointed by this and I'm not sure if it's the fragrance itself or the fact that I'm getting seriously tired of pink pepper.

I was dying to try this after having been a Daisy-Fan for so long and probably just having super high expectations for Lola. It was, however, a let-down on many levels.

Overall I would describe Lola as a one-night stand - WOW, BAM and ... gone.

A no for me, sorry, Mr Jacobs.

dollglam
dollglam

its a sexy dark night smell! not for girls who love fresh tutti frutti splash bottle.

it smells expensive yet sexy!

for a really confident girl who can pull out this smell!

i like it!

Sly88
Sly88

My sister has this and I must say this perfume smells like a SKANK whore to me and it can give a headace to!

sarazonoz
sarazonoz

can't stand the tacky, bottle, can't stand the nasty smell... it is far too overpowering, and I don't mean that in a positive way by any means.. just really strange and 'off'. was put off immediately!

atiet97
atiet97

Guys, have you tried ENJOY by Jean Patou??? On my skin LOLA smells exactly like ENJOY!! Yeahh...I know some of the notes are the same, but still with different other notes added, it still smells the same.

For those who have smelled both, did you get similar effect? Or it's just my skin?

getora
getora

I LOVE MARC JACOBS' PERFUMES, IN GENERAL, BUT I HAVE TO SAY THAT I HATE LOLA. VERY AGGRESSIVE SMELL, TOOOO OVERPOWERING, NASTY, CHEAP SCENT. GAVE HEADACHE.

tracysakon
tracysakon

I feel like people just buy this fragrance for the pretty bottle. I really wanted to like it, because the bottle is so avant garde and fun, but the scent just gave me a headache. When I first sprayed it, it was SO strong and overpowering. The dry down was OK, but nothing special- just a vague, typical vanilla scent.

janmcm
janmcm

I love this bottle, well the bottle top actually. But I thought the perfume was a bit average, not bad but not exciting. I did only spray it on a card though & not my skin so maybe have to try that.
I was surprised that some reviews said it was too strong cos I could hardly smell it. Although I could have just burned out my nose sniffing Marc Jacobs Bang prior to that!

Giselle Viz
Giselle Viz

This is a lovely fragrance. It's a sweet, fruity, floral that gives off the vibe of youth and vibrancy. I don't think it's for everyone. It's made to get attention The botle is stunning and looks beautiful on my dresser. It should be put on in small amounts though, or, it might just knock someone out!

;-)
;-)

It's nice and I like it but I need woods in my perfumes so it's not for me. Maby if I combine it with some thing. It got every thing else thow, pepper flowers, sweetness from vanilla and tonka bean etc. Really lovely, maby for my girls wen they're old enough.

maneki_neko
maneki_neko

Nice enough. Moderately loud pear at the beginning, and an easy floral afterward (the peony was the most apparent to me). It is much lovelier and warmer on the skin. Was expecting a little more spice, I suppose, but pleasant overall.

domenicamartinello
domenicamartinello

I received this as a Christmas gift from my mother who, knowing my style, knew I would adore the look of the bottle. The juice, though.... not so much. It's way too strong and straightforward--A heavy floral with no variation. Even as a winter scent. It gives me a headache all day long.
Just recently I saw it sitting on my perfume shelf and decided to give it another go. But even the TINIEST spray and I was smelling it on myself all day long (in an annoying way). Not spicy, not vanillic, now sweet.... just.... strong synthetic flowers.

curcuma
curcuma

I bought this, and i can not say i love it.

GiorgioArmaniLover!
GiorgioArmaniLover!

LoLa is a really strong perfume, and I woulnt recomend it if you have allergies to perfume. When you first smell it it isnt all that great...but after you wear it for a while, and the sent gets less strong, and it gets worn out, it smells great! Its like an amazing after taste after a strong cup of coffee!

sweetstar1
sweetstar1

Lola is a very strong, floral fragrance. I cannot detect any fruity notes in it. Lola does not have a wow factor for me and is not a scent I'd wear.

meg1969
meg1969

The only thing surprising about this one is the unique bottle. Some say tacky, but I think the bottle is a very fun design. The juice inside is a nice enough fruity floral. Perfect for a teen, I think who would appreciate the whimsy of the bottle and the non-threatening nature of the perfume. It's better than many fuity florals, but I guess I was expecting something more edgy from Marc Jacobs. IMHO, the notes and compositon on this one are so mainstream, predictable, and yes, boring.(To me anyway.) I hope I am not offending anyone. I am disappointed with it. I am selling mine on ebay, unless someone wants to trade.

So far, I've found that Marc Jacobs' fragrances, more so than usual, are either hit or miss, depending on how the notes interact with a person's skin. This one really works for me. I found the opening notes to be a bit sharp and unpleasant, but after the fragrance dies down, what's left is a beautiful, soft, slightly powdery floral bouquet. It's not very fruity or strong to me at all. I like it.

ebonyeyes
ebonyeyes

I loved this perfume at ist, it smells like bouquet of flowers so I purchased a big bottle but after using it continuously for a year, I grew tired of it and now I cant stand it anymore. Hopefully the new edition is much nicer.

Louw
Louw

Eurgh! This fragrance makes me recoil in horror - it's awful, in my opinion! I know there are plenty of people who really love it but to me it's on a par with fly spray! The bottle looks incredibly tacky too so it won't be joining my perfume wardrobe.

FreshAir
FreshAir

I think this one has to be smelled on the skin to be truly appreciated. Its a comforting smell that is perfect on a cool fall day. The bottle however . . . well although I find the shape & color fitting, Im not a fan of the plastic disaster on top.

marrojas
marrojas

Mmmm, not sure of what to say...I'm still getting used to it...at first place I don't like it at all...It seemed to me too strong...Now that I have been tasting it for some weeks now...I have to say..I'm discovering it actually smells delicious but weird :)

Fearless
Fearless

I dont know why people hate this perfume. I love love it! It smells so sweet and instantly, summer pops to my mind. Its like a loud festival scent and personally, its my favorite.

It last a reasonable time and it wears down to a pretty nice smell. I must say though, the bottle is a lil tacky but its a cute perfume.

flowerbombhannah
flowerbombhannah

This was too deep and mysterious for me...a very powerful, seductive scent!

Tye kristoher
Tye kristoher

yuck ! this is a nasty one! The bottle is tacky along with the fragrance I dont like marc jacobs pefumes they are too expensive and too cheap smelling

gwb
gwb

smells divine but has no staying power, so bit of waste of money

Tigerlillian
Tigerlillian

A luscious citrus cream surrounding a fresh floral bouquet.

Lola opens with soft pepper and autumn fruit in a light syrup. Pink, fluffy flowers weave through giving it a cheerfully pretty heart.

This fragrance shares a lot of the same notes as Burberry Brit, only Lola is a little less heady and with bigger billowy petals. I feel like Lola is Brit's girly, younger sister who can still hold her own, but Brit defintitely has more attitude.

Delicious vanilla-tonka drydown that's warm with a honeyed-hay like nuance. A really nice combination with the light, rosey pear and citrus.

Feminine, cosy and alluring, not obnoxious or too outstandingly different. But different enough that you can call it your own. Sometimes you need fragrances like this to get away from others that try too hard.

farry
farry

This perfume I severely dislike,as soon as i sprayed it i had a horrible headache. Its nauseating and too over powering for me.

LLL3
LLL3

I almost got this untested but luckily held out. This scent is nauseating from first to finish. The opening notes are synthetic and fruity, like watermelon bubblegum, and then become a loud powder that has amazing lasting power and drives strangers away on the bus. In vain, I searched for the beautiful notes listed above but found not one of them. For me, a total scent failure.

elinamould
elinamould

i find this perfume terribly boring. Smells to me like any other cheap knock-off scent. It was a gift from my husband, so I do use it occasionally, but I couldn't say I like it. Not that I dislike it, it just smells like nothing special to me.

Pout
Pout

I absolutely love Lola, every morning I spray it and it makes my day:) Very modern scent.

ojosverdes
ojosverdes

I like this perfume but it is so strong like an atomic bomb and it last and last. It's loud and obnoxious not for the faint of heart! It opens sweet with notes of peony and pear. The dry down is cozy more like a vanilla-gourmand. This is a flirty and sexy fragrance and you will get noticed while wearing it. This fragrance its STRONG with good sillage and the staying power is simply amazing one of my most lasting fragrances that I have in my collection. Most perfumes fade really fast on me this one is an exception. I wore it today and my husband asked me what I was wearing, he really liked it! This is going to take some getting used to. I sprayed it this morning around 7 a.m is now 8:30 at night and I can still smell it. ONE spray is all you'll need so this fragrance will last you a while otherwise get ready for major headache! This fragrance is not very versatile it's mostly a night fragrance to go to a club or a gathering if you want to be the center of attention. Don't let the negative reviews put you off from trying this fragrance it might be what you are looking for!

Norgirl
Norgirl

wow . i have bin waiting for this bottle for quite sometime now and i just got i yesterday . sprayd it on and ... wow . this is quite a loud perfume.. fruty whit the pear and grapefruts. and very present whit the Pepper notes . whic i like in this one .
it is a bit off a coctail . mixed together nice?? yes but maybe it could have been even better..
tha flowers Peony and geranium goes very whel whit the peppers and frut i think at this tage it is very plesant to me . . i cant say that the bottom notes is very prominant , not on my skin anyway, i would have loved just a little bit more from the Vanilla nd tonkabeen . Its there , but just lingers..

It last for quite some time , but when it starts to fade it fades very quikly i think . i like it . but not all at the top of the list just jet . have to use it a bit more first ..

Mr. Nose
Mr. Nose

This perfume is like Lady Gaga. Eye-catching, but you will notice there's something missing on it's content.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Lola seems like a big perfume mess to me. When I tested this on paper I thought it seemed pleasant, but not that interesting. One day I sprayed a bit on my skin, and what a mistake that was! I can't detect any of the notes that are supposedly in this...just a loud, generic "perfume" smell. There is something in it that is quite acrid and sour smelling...like hairspray and cheap beauty products. Something about it smells "dated." Like I can imagine a shoulder-pad wearing woman in the 80s spraying Lola on along with an excess of hairspray.

This seems to be marketed as a sexy fragrance...it's a million miles away from anything sexy in my opinion. Conversely, it smells like something you'd wear to blend in...absolutely not a statement-maker. Bland and unpleasant.

A lot of effort seems to have gone into making this big, showy bottle...I'm disappointed that the fragrance inside the bottle is so blah.

abigail5328
abigail5328

Smells like a bouquet of flowers!
Feminine, loud, strong, sharp, spicy-flowery fragrance!
Lola opens with a fresh burst of grapefruit and pear but this is mostly overpowered by the sharp pepper.
While I find this scent pleasant enough, I can also see why it has so many negative reviews. Lola is not your typical fresh, watery fruity floral type. Lola is quite loud and strong with a bit of spice! This is what makes Lola different.
The sillage is strong upon first application due to the pink pepper-tonka bean combo overpowering most of the other notes.
Only one spray is needed as it is quite strong to begin with. More than two sprays and it could become overpowering.
I find Lola to be a rather ‘grown up’ fruity floral.
Nice scent for the evenings in winter. Or maybe even summer if you use it sparingly, otherwise it could be cloying.
Beautiful bottle! The flower cap is huge! Very eye catching!

Psyche
Psyche

A part of me worries that when I wear this I'll smell like a florist shop, but a part of me just loves it and doesn't give a hoot! I don't really smell fruit in particular, to me the florals are the notes that shine but there is a definite sharpness about it that makes it funkier than an average floral. It's got bite, and I'm assuming that's the pink pepper.

I think a lot of my confusion is because this is one of the first non-celebrity fragrances I've purchased, much more grown up than some of the perfumes I normally wear, and I still am not sure as to whether or not the florals suit me as I'm used to mostly fruity and woodsy scents.

EDIT: to mention the flacon was part of what persuaded me to buy it. I watched Flowers Uncut and saw the florist design a Lola themed party for the perfume so I HAD to try it...:)

vincy_gal

There was a lot of hype when this frag was new...and I'll admit the bottle is quite eye-catching...but as for the scent... 'meh'. Too ordinary, too much of 'same old same old'. Not a fan....

duskangel101
duskangel101

I like this perfume but don't love it. At first it smells very fresh and fruity, then it turns sweet. Loa is a warm, sweet, not too sophisticated scent that is more suitable for younger girls.

olga1780
olga1780

Just tried it at TJmaxx.....how highly unoriginal. Reminds me of Amour Amour by Cacharel...and a bunch of other stuff, can't remember what. It doesn't make it a bad perfume though, it's a pretty scent, but definitely nothing to go crazy or broke about. I can understand it taking your breath away if you have a few perfumes in your collection, but when you get to the point where you start scouring for vintages to smell something original, your reaction to this will be more of a "meh".
Personally, I was not even tempted by a great deal....i already have at least 2 or 3 fragrances similar to this one.

roo7i
roo7i

I was so sad when B&BW discontinued their peony collection a few years ago. I wore the body spray for my wedding. But then I tried Lola and I was so excited and surprised! It smells bursting with peony and so lovely and energizing. It is quite strong though but absolutely my favorite perfume.

jolla
jolla

i don't understand why so many people dislike this perfume , i love it! it's a special perfume and i have just tested this once and i got 5 compliments the same day :)

perfumeluver
perfumeluver

I know it's supposed to be a dark "sexy" fragrance but I find it way too heavy, cloying, and overpowering. More than a couple sprays and I instantly get a headache. Also the scent is not that great. The pink pepper and rose combined with the musk are too dominant and don't go well together imo.

Wynter
Wynter

Lola is a somewhat heavy, warm floral scent. It has great silage and a tiny bit goes a long way. In small amounts, Lola is so sexy and seductive. I love the bottle too, it's very unique.

NNN
NNN

When I first saw this bottle I thought "This must be a really nice fragrance! The bottle is very cute, it has flowers! I wanna smell like flowers!"
But when I tried the fragrance... What a huge disapointment!
Smells like syntethic flowers, or a really cheap and girly drugstore shampoo.
A terrible plus: the sillage is monstrous! My cousin got it as a xmas present and sprayed a little bit on her wrist. In 3 minutes, the hole room was infected by Lola's terrible smell.
Please don't disturb people around you.
Oh my, I think that I need some antiemetic medicines.

shazella
shazella

really like this scent..someone ask what perfume i'am wearing when i wear this scent.. because she love the smell.. lasting for 7-8 hour.. highly recommend for floral fruity lovers..powdery so sweet...

funcaramelqt
funcaramelqt

This stuff smells like roach spray when you first spray it. I can't even wait for it to dry into its better notes before I shower this perfume off! I HATE IT! I have had this perfume since 2009 and the 3.4Oz bottle is still full...

swenada
swenada

I got a sample and I am still struggling to finish it because I hate to waste things. Here's my thoughts on this one. I am pretty indifferent to it. I neither care for or dislike it so yes you've guessed right. I am not buying it.

feline_amour
feline_amour

i fell in love for the first time with this pretty perfume when i found out that Marc Jacobs launch this perfume..the bottle is amazing..when i go to singapore and buy this perfume i fell in love even more..i feel like a sexy and playful chick(like betty boop) when i wear this perfume..and the durability also good..i spray it on my jacket and when i smell it 3 days later it still smell so delicious..for me it is one of my signature scent(suitable for day and night)..

rednut
rednut

I love this. It's not fruity on me at all and seems to go straight to a peony based floral smell on me which goes to a musky floral smell after about and hour. delicious!

Udaria
Udaria

Wow, there is so much controversy about this perfume. I don't care what anybody says, on me it smells good ... I got the mini as a gift and was politely saying, oh, how nice, but now - and I have lots of bottles to choose from - this is the one I have been reaching for lately ...

It would be wise not to overapply, a little goes a long way.

umum_smellsgood
umum_smellsgood

Not for me! I tried samples, glad I did not buy the bottle. No offence, with my chemistry, I smelled like I had been working at a funeral parlor. It may work for others, but NOT for me.

napiergirl
napiergirl

Nice perfume not really me though ...would be one of those safe choices that you would wear to meet future mother in law.

toothfairy
toothfairy

When I first smelled Lola, I didn't like it it seemed sickeningly sweet to me.The fragrance seemed a little bit heavy. But when I tried it on my skin, this sweet lovely fragrance covered me and it felt like magic.Lola may seem too sweet but it's much better than Lolita Lempicka that really makes me feel sick.Lola is a gorgeous fragrance for people who appreciate Marc Jacobs. But I don't like the design of the bottle and these rose petals:)

alexanna7
alexanna7

Lola is a verry soft and feminine perfume! The tender rose,the juicy pear,the sweet vanilla,creates that perfect summer smell! The geranium is at the beginning of the perfume,but fades away softly after a while.Simple,soft,feminine,gentle perfume. Love it!

wonderland
wonderland

Like the bottle hints, it is an okay floral perfume, spicy in the beginning, ends up a bit vanilla scented. The big flower cap, although it is eye-catching, very impractical.

I grew tired of Lola and also gave me a slight head-ache.
But on some people Lola smells wonderful. Just check it on your skin before buying it, it might be a bit too heavy.

Veroronnieronron
Veroronnieronron

I finally got to try this and I dont like it. The bottle, some would call playfull and others would call downright tacky. Maybe its my chemistry, but it seemed to go straight to the base notes in a matter of minutes, so I didnt have time to decide if I liked the top notes or not. It just didnt leave much of an impression and it just like a load of clever marketing. Daisy, however, is very nice!

Follow my beauty blog in spanish! esunbellodia.blogspot.com

My most recent post is about essential oils and I have a haul page. Ive been trying out products by corean brand Missha.

bartenderbabe
bartenderbabe

The main notes I picked up on are the pink pepper, the rose, and a vanilla/musk mix. I think it smells lovely and classy, but nothing really jumps out at me or would motivate me to buy a bottle. Speaking of the bottle, it's beautifully unique(typical of Marc Jacobs) but I don't think it matches the juice inside at all. I was expecting something MUCH more opulent than what it is. For the price, this one's a no.

sweetlola
sweetlola

I had test this smell yesterday first smell fresh ,and about 3 hours later very sweet and the last soft smell I like it. Today I want buy it because same my nickname Lola.

egyptian_beauty99
egyptian_beauty99

Can't believe all the negative reviews.But it all opinions and we are entitled to that.I find it amazing fragrance I love the pear and the rose.It's soft,sweet,sexy.Standout from the typical scents that are out.Which is perfect for me.

heavenbelle
heavenbelle

ooohh....I can see there are so many haters for this one. to be honest, I bought this because I love the bottle design and it would look good to add to my collection. I can say that the scent is very unique and cannot be confused with others. I think this would be perfect for a cold weather and one doesn't have to spray too much to make it strong...and no matter what people say, I find this perfume lovely...

Marc Jacobs is just like Donna Karan not really my style of perfumes. In some way I find them almost all unbalanced. This one for example is so extremely strong ! like a superspeed highway to death valley.

the perfume collector
the perfume collector

i think lola is a four seasons night fregrance. feminime, floral, magic, magnetism,heavy, chic and sexy. its on the highest stands of the grestest ever fragrances

driggs46
driggs46

I think this perfume is great for all ages. I love fruity florals and this is a nice one. At first spray I smell the red grapefruit and pink pepper, but then it settles into a very soft bouquet of flowers, with peony being the stand out. I think it is sensual yet warm and cozy. The bottle is very interesting. The top is like a cartoon rose, the bottle without the top is sheer elegance. Put it all together and you have a very lovely fragrance housed in a piece of art.

ajbww
ajbww

i really like Lola perfume its quite warm, soft and soapy and smells a bit like a good pot porri lol but its very wearable i ts very different from daisy, but this is to be loved aswell espspecially on a nite or winters day..... i love the bottle

fallingin28
fallingin28

At first spray I get a sharp scent, the grapefruit (and maybe pepper?), it takes a moment to settle and the slight sweetness of the pear comes out. I wasn't fond of the grapefruit note, it was too sharp, and didn't remind me of fresh fruit, or even a grapefruit at first. I would say the pear is a similar scent, synthetic.

Then the middle notes came, which was so lovely, a vibrant scented floral mix which led to the sent of fresh, real roses. These notes were lovely to me, I normally love the fruity bit more than the floral but not in this case.

The dry down proved to be appealing to me as well. A light sweetness, a hint of vanilla, floral, with a hint of musk, slightly refreshing, feminine, non offensive, close to skin scent.

I am enjoying it, but it doesn't seem it will not last all day on my skin, possibly my shirt though.

It's a cozy, lovely light floral that is powdery and soft, non offensive, that lies close to the skin. I enjoy wearing it, but as stated below does not last long on my skin.

Marc Jacobs LOLA is a somewhat run-of-the-mill fruity floral perfume which does not conflict with my skin chemistry and does not overdo the pepper--that's the good news. I must say, though, that I'm a bit disappointed. All of the hype appears to be purely of the marketing type, as there is nothing distinctive or remarkable about this composition at all, IMNSHO.

LOLA smells like a dozen other fruity florals to me. A bit on the sweet side, and with a touch of resinosity (a la Banana Republic JADE and so many others...) but without anything to set it apart from the crowd--well, except the bottle.

I like the bottle a lot, but since I'm not looking for yet another safe and inoffensive, non-descript fruity floral, I'll take a pass on LOLA.

enigma_33
enigma_33

Beaitful perfume smells of flowers and ripe fruits, but absolutely no lasting power. Gone in an hour or so.

LydiaLiu
LydiaLiu

Lola, I have to admit Lola is different from Daisy, but I can't believe there are so many people who dislike it, maybe that's because it doesn't follow the same concept of Marc Jacobs' previous bestseller - Daisy.

With an unbiased attitude, I'd sincerely say Lola is indeed a beautiful design. The scent has layers: the fresh sourish beginning, the soft floral middle, the musky vanilla base, each phase has a different beautiful touch. I don't think it's an overly strong perfume that would annoy others. It's totally tender and soft though there is a little red pepper detectable.

To recap it in a few words: cheerful, optimistic, bright, sexy yet a little elusive. It can be applied at any time through the year, without age limit.

The bottle design is an art too, the 100ml is really an impact and huge one, the flower top is so attention-grabbing, I'd be happy if I have one on my dresser.

OneScent
OneScent

Mmmmmm fresh roses! I normally hate the srong floraly scents but this one is too good! And the dry down of creamy vanilla with the smell of roses lingering in the background is to die for.

Passionflower
Passionflower

This is my new favourite! I came across it in a french perfumestore and I love it. It's not too heavy I think, very flowery and sweet but not like you're drowning in it. Some of the other comments describe it very well, so I won't even try to. I have to get used to the bottle, but it does suit the scent very well. Well done, mr. Jacobs.

ednafrau
ednafrau

i just posted this on nst and i thought i might add my two cents on this perfume here on fragrantica, a place i always visit :) i must plead guilty to (unexpectedly) loving “lola”! i received it from someone who traveled abroad and the first time i tried it i thought “weird, undefined synthetic shampooey mess”! but a couple of days later i decided to give it another try (as i was stuck with it) and i was surprised to find i liked it just a bit more…then, the third time was the charm: “lola” on my skin is a warm, creamy, spicy pear with a musky vanilla drydown that lasts all day! and i don’t know why – my usual style isn’t “fruity oriental” – but it makes me happy and i find myself wearing it frequently in these cold winter days (i’m in argentina)…it’s a comfort scent, in a way, and i never would have given it a second chance if i had just tried it once at a perfume shop! and i have to add i don’t even like the (slightly inconvenient) flacon much because, having a feisty siamese cat at home, the big, colorful flower stopper makes it a prospective target/toy, so i have to keep it in the box…oh, well! all in all, i'd say don't discard this fragrance...i know life is short, but try it a couple of times and see if it works for you. i'm glad i did!

I'm wearing Lola from a big sample right now and I still can't make my mind on it in a definitive way.
At first I didn't care. I noticed the weird bottle on shelves (not many shops here sell it) just because you can't avoid.
I thought it was a beautiful extravagant bottle, but it also maybe annoying after a while.
Anyway I mind the jus!
On paper first try it seemed bland.
First time on skin: also bland fresh something
Second time: is this the same scent?!? It is sweet, slightly cloying, very feminine.
Third try: ok, if I ever cared about feeling fashionable, modern and flirty in a model-like way this would be the scent! The model in the ad is very apt: a young thin woman in her 20-25 who looks younger and holds a grudge against the world like a spoiled baby and for that she is perceived as sexy by some men. Someone flattering and sweet, yet poisonous.
It works well with my chemistry anyway.
Today it smelled sweet gently peppery creamy with a clear fresh edge then after 1 hour it became boozy and it seemed that I bathed into some kind of rhum, then nothing. After about 3 hours I can only smell a faint trace of Lola on my skin.
Still I like it somehow.

Nothing to be with me anyway.

JoJewel
JoJewel

I love it. Definitely one to get & keep for a while. Love the fruity floral smell. Worth buying. :)

mjdaren
mjdaren

我怎么觉得mark jacbos的香水现在都是以瓶子为噱头,价钱贵不说,留香时间貌似也不长嘛

notme
notme

It's a warm, excessively feminine, magnetic scent. It creates a warm(ing) aura that attracts, it is not a dull 'lost in the crowd' scent. You can definitely stand out as a woman who is aware and proud of her femininity. Very alluring, well balanced, a bit 'sweet' to put it this way. Definitely will buy it. It seems suitable for colder seasons or for special/romantic summer evenings.

anitarosal
anitarosal

No sé por qué se ensañan con Lola. Yo lo adquirí recientemente, lo probé en papel y en mi piel, me va de maravilla y dura horas y horas. Estoy de acuerdo: No es para todas, gracias a Dios. Me encanta y mi novio lo encuentra supersexy.También amo el frasco por estrafalario. Es uno de mis nuevos favoritos, para salidas especiales.

swedeangel

I gave a rewiew a little while ago,after trying it for the first time, and that rewiew wasnt too positive. since then Ive tried it several times,since i noticed i kinda liked it and it tasted more for every time ! I one day found myself in love ,charmed and seduced into craxyness... weird!
This loud lady,is indeed noisy and loud,she takes place and wants everyone to notice her with her rosy ,flowery ,peppery fruitaura. So much flowers,so much sweetness,but not cloying ... and then the fruit,not fresh fruit ,but candyfruit - bonbons .Lovely fruitcandys with a sweet sourness that makes me wanna bite and crush them in my mouth like when i was a kid!
Shes not my type at all,this lola,but i love her and i think im stuck with her!
And that awful bottle with its plastic big rose on top like a funny big hat - its her in a nutshell - like that she smells!!
She makes me happy!

Catbiscuit
Catbiscuit

Hmm, I don't know what to make of Lola. I think it is more of a gourmand than just a fruity floral. Let me explain; it opens like bubbly lemonade, settles into a musk stick/jellybean flavour and then vanilla cake.

I haven't felt this ambivalent about a perfume since Angel. On one hand, I think I like it and on the other, there is something a bit unsettling about it, something I can't quite put my finger on.

In short, I would enjoy this scent more on someone else than on me.

greenfaerie38
greenfaerie38

I thought this scent smelled pleasant but dull on the card, but my boyfriend liked it and (considering he is extremely picky), I decided to give it a try. Big mistake. On my skin it smelled like I had showered in vodka, even after quite some time had gone by (when I stopped by my mother's later, she asked if I had been drinking!). I'm personally rather surprised this won a FiFi.

perfume_prince
perfume_prince

All i have to say is..

LOLA SHMOLAAAAA!!

This perfume is a big flop, no one talks about it and no one buys it..

Oh..and it smells like something you don't want to smell......*hint hint*

Dark Curls
Dark Curls

Hmm, I have Champagne and have loved it on my mom and now myself for many years- Lola smells nothing like it!! Lola is a pretty scent, but I just gave away mine to a co-worker. It turns just too sweet on my skin, and I feel bored while wearing it. :-( I hope she enjoys it.

golden
golden

If you like/love Yvresse (formerly known as Champagne) then you will like/love this, because it smells exactly the same.
I am not fond of either my self, way too strong, too much of every thing going on, to the point it made me sick. But i appreciate that it smells nice on many others.

deeper_shallow
deeper_shallow

I tried Lola on when it first came out, and quickly wrote it off into the "nice, but won't spend money on it" category.
But then I received it in a swap, and I must say I'm happy to have it! I suspect that some of the negative reviews come from the fact that with a bottle looking like this, you expect something truly out of the ordinary, and, let's face it, it's not.
But it's a bright, sparkly, fresh floral bouquet, with juicy fruits and peppers on top, and a little creamy sweetness underneath.
Slightly soapy and perhaps not that long-lasting, but great for a spring/summer day at work that needs a perk-up.

tee_vee09
tee_vee09

peppery then creamy vinalla musk after dry down i cant smell rose as much pear yes
would not buy it
i found the lasting power good though on me
chunky bottle haha i love how some one called it ghastly
i found it mature too

perfumes_addict
perfumes_addict

awful stuff. it is very heavy and it literally made me sick to my stomach. i usually like all the perfumes that include in their notes pink pepper but this one is an exception. another minus is the bottle which has an enormous flower cap.

Jasmin Dorney
Jasmin Dorney

There is something so increddibly unique about Lola. Although the bottle may in certain cases be somewhat of an eyesore - I cannot fault the juice inside.

Lola opens with a sparkling mix of juicy pear, spicy pink peppercorns and ruby red grapefruit. The top notes are loud and proud and I have nothing that even compares to it in my scent wardrobe!

After about 15 minutes, the feminine floral heart notes begin in a warm mix of rose, geranium, fuschia and peony. This is my favourite part of the fragrance as it sums up what Lola is all about - girliness and fun with a hint of sophistication.

Lastly Lola takes her final bow with base notes of vanilla, warm tonka bean and creamy musk. It is not headeache inducing and also has a faint dry quality which adds greatly to the overall experience.

In my opinion, Lola is one of the best perfumes currently out there, its unique without trying to make a 'statement' and its an exciting scent which is still wearable. Go and try Lola! :D

jonr951

Lola is a very LOUD & STRONG scent!! U definitely dont want to over do it. One spray and you'll be fine. This is that powerful. My sis puts like 5 sprays on and its just too much! It gets me sick! LOL! : )

swedeangel

At first a sweet wonderful fresh burst of grape and pear ,and a little pepper - lovely!
But it didnt last many minutes before it dissapeared and left me with a awfully cloying and headaching scent of peonies, violets and that damn pepper ,pepper ,pepper .... It got so sweet and loud .
My husband found it sexy and flirty yes,and ok i can see that - but its not my cup of tea even though its very modern

Marisa36
Marisa36

I wasn't expecting this at all. Very very fruity, so much so that I was afraid to spray it in case I would regret it later. Will give this one a miss.

Mad-Lainey
Mad-Lainey

After so many negative comments, I decided I had to step in in defence of the fragrance :-)
I am a happy owner of 50ml edp and to avoid any unwanted bias when writing my own opinion - I read the good comments as well as negative ones to keep the balance.
The only negative part regarding marketing campaign, was chosing the model; she's completely indifferent; neither hot nor cold. Just a random girl who to me, please let me apologize here, looks like a junkie.
I would see Claudia Schiffer here, feminine and sexy yet naughty and fun, great looking classy supermodel :-)
Lola opens fresh, with a hint of fruit and definitely noticable pink pepper note, gently settling down on my skin.
After approx half an hour, I can smell feminine and subtle note of peony and rose. It is like relaxing on a blanket in the garden with a straw hat on, reading book, admiring roses and peonies as they wake all your senses up...the scent is so calming that I have to take a nap dreaming of walking down the alley with rose and peony petals falling down on me....
After an hour the vanilla wakes me up, as if it was a time for tea and freshly baked cookies...At this point for some reason, I really do smell tea, rose and vanilla, mixed up in a non intrusive way...It smells delicious.
Lola is a really soft fragrance, perfect for an evening for two, as well as a hot day in the garden.
It is not strong, I agree, it could have had a better silage, but instead of leaving dead bodies behind as I walk, I prefer that gentle tail.
And the bottle? C'mon Ladies, rather than being grave serious about whether or not the petals are made of rubber, why not consider the bottle a funny trick of Jacob's designers?
Have a little sense of humour!
It is certainly not the best shape and size (I am talking about cap) to keep a bottle in your handbag, but when I wake up in a horrible mood and go into my bathroom - the view of my Lola bottle really cheers me up...as well as the content which I spray after a nice quick shower...
Gravity kills, Ladies, have a bit more laid back attitude!
I highly recommend it to all floral - fruity - tea notes - lovers.
But it is a bit overpriced (and I ONLY mean the staying power, which is average versus price), therefore take my advice and buy at sales.
Well worth having :-)

narcotic
narcotic

I've wanted to like this for so long (chalk it up to a sneaking affinity for Karlie Kloss, who apparently "never leaves the house without a spritz" of this stuff.) After testing it multiple times on multiple days I just can't handle it on my skin - the burst of florals quickly gives way to a baby powdery scent shot through with a very sickly artificial vanilla for hours - very weird for a decidedly overmarketed perfume.

Although I will say that the shade of purple for the bottle is an excellent visual representation of the scent, I would definitely do some extensive field testing before you get this!

RobLyn
RobLyn

Found this bottle to be very interesting, so I took Lola for a test run. Very disappointed, smelled very cheap; I could not find redeaming any qualities, neither could my two friends who also sampled it.

It might work for some people, but test it a time or two before you buy. If you do choose to wear this, please don't sit next to me.

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

Nice fragrance that works well with my body chemistry. I agree with the reviewers about the plastic top (I threw it away as the plastic actually smelt strange!).

This lasts pretty well on me and I like the fact that you can smell the rose but it's not a big stinky rose but tempered by the other florals.

mshughes87
mshughes87

Adore this fragrance - i like the sweet, vanilla notes & it really compliments a dress for a night out! Marc Jacobs Daisy is another favourite of mine - Lola for night, Daisy for day :)

epiano
epiano

This perfume is not offensive, it smells sweet and flowery, but I didn't find anything special about it. Any time I go out looking for a new fragrance they try to push this one on me, and it really doesn't suit my taste at all. I think a lot of its popularity has to do with the packaging- it certainly stands out, but if you see this bottle in real life, especially the larger sizes, it is quite tacky.

This is a nice perfume, but nothing extraordinary.

yuyulanta
yuyulanta

it have sweet smells like syrup yet so
unusual to me. not kind of frangrance which u can buy it before sniff it as its smell so strong for other person and yet so good for others.its smell good but doesnt work for my body chemistry.i really hope to like this, so sad it didnt

jigglyclefairypuff

Lola by Marc Jacobs is like a newly risen popstar whose just gotten her '15 minutes of fame', only to have her fans forget her as quickly as they knew her.

Thats Lola for you; a spunky and innovative flacon containing a scent not so innovative at all.
It's a gorgeous scent I suppose, but many who try it will imagine that Lola is merely another fruity floral forulated from a gazillion others. Charming at first, but not so original.
Many will be left feeling somewhat resentful at the numerous marketing campaigns for this.

rithacha
rithacha

I'm surprised by the overwhelming negative feedback on this! I could understand where the reviewers below are coming from, but my experience with Lola was generally positive. I've even smelled it in passing on several (young) women, and I find it a pleasant. Not too crazy about it, and it could give headaches after a while, but there *is* something nice to this perfume.

Lola opens with a giant wave of sugary pepper. It's gourmand, with a little undercurrent of spice. The sillage is strong at first, with the vanilla-tonka duo overpowering most of the other notes. I also smell something fruity in that syrup, and I guess it's pear. The opening isn't very spectacular, and the sweet sharp pepper might put people off . . . but wait for it! The creamy heart is really quite nice! It's slightly floral, but mostly warm vanilla musk. VERY delicious, and MUCH better done than the army of celebrity fragrances invading department store counters.

I might complain about the quality of ingredients, though. Marc Jacobs isn't known for lasting power or sillage, but I would've expected something better for Lola's OUTRAGEOUS pricetag. The opening is too loud and chemical, and the lovely base is too quiet and weak. Nice to smell, but doesn't last! >:(

As a final thought, I appreciate Lola for being different from the typical Marc Jacobs perfume style. The rest of his line tends to be watery, fresh, citrusy, inobtrusive fruits or white florals. While I enjoy his perfumes, I feel that Lola (or at least the idea behind the notes) better represents Marc Jacobs's fashion, which is colorful, trendy, and a little avante garde. I hope to see some of this SPIRIT come through the perfume line as well!

Bluuki
Bluuki

Dear Fragrance Addict,

The Story: I was shopping around at my local Macy's store last month.
My mission, to find the perfect perfume for my sister...She is still very young and I did not want to give her anything "overpowering". After trying a gazillion samples of perfume, I came across this one.

The Conclusion/Review: Lola is a very light yet pretty scent. It starts out smelling like a bouquet of roses, then fades to a subtle vanilla-ish scent. It is very versatile and could be worn while on an errand or at a formal event. Lola is kinda borderline between old granny and annoying tween, but beautiful nonetheless =]... As far as staying power goes, Lola is not all that amazing. It will stay on longer than most light fragrances, but it still fades quickly (4-7 hours). Kinda disappointing for such an expensive perfume! D= But, I suppose that 4-7 hours of stay power isn't very traumatizing ;)

Lola gets a 4.5/5. It's very beautiful, versatile, and just outright incredible! The fragrance would get a 5, but it doesn't cut it as far as staying power goes.

Sincerely,
Bluuki-Chan

LadyMuck
LadyMuck

LOVE it! Sweet, sexy, musky and rich in it's depth of blended ingredients.
Love Marc Jacob's scents. Just unique and dilicious in every way.
One thing I found that I can fault it on is that on me it didn't have the staying power that I expected but when layered with the body lotion it does it linger alittle longer. Bliss!

Oh Sugar
Oh Sugar

It sure is unusual, at least to my nose. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but now I think it's outstanding, intriguing and sexy. The pink pepper is at the beginning a bit irritating, but when the florals start to develop, it turns out to be very plesant. I sprayed some on my sweater and then when I put it on again I was wondering "what's this wonderful smell?" It was obviously Lola. I like it, I would buy it if it only was a bit cheaper. When I smell it, I see a confident young woman who knows what she wants and is aware of her beauty, but deep inside is romantic and sentimental, awaiting her Prince Charming. Perfect for a date. Lola won't left you unnoticed.

Victoria Regia
Victoria Regia

A good trip to the 80's, and one that I don't mind taking. Youthful and modern, but far from childish. I agree with guest_safa as I also detect an antique, old book quality in this scent, and I think it's what draws me in. It gives a cool, quirky twist to this cola-candy floral that makes it very interesting. One of my two favorite offerings from Marc Jacobs, along with Blush. I do not own a bottle, but will probably buy a one in the near future.

mudpach
mudpach

i tried this on my skin, and it works, I like it. It's similar J'adore, and long lasting. And the bottle...hmmm...i love it!:)

MirabelleJee
MirabelleJee

Not bad, but nothing special except the plastic rose as has been said. Reminds me a mix of something that I've smelled before. Please sell me the plastic rose alone ))))))))

jigglyclefairypuff

Lola is at the end of it's fifteen minutes of fame. With an initially exciting arrival, it has now lost its charm and has now seen better days.

It's just your average fruity floral that has been reformulated from other designer fruity floral fragrance.

The only thing memorable about this is its ghastly plastic petal flacon.

LenaBel
LenaBel

I dont understand why everybody is raving about it, everytime I go to the perfume store, there is a bunch of women around it exclaiming how 'amazing' it is. after I come back home I can smell it on me.
To me, it just smells cheap, I dont know why. It is a bit sour to me and I dont like that kind of fragrances. I dont find it sweet as others and the good thing it does smell different. I think Daisy is better, more pleasant.

a.k.a.warum
a.k.a.warum

I loved the look of the bottle. Sometimes it's just nice to have them together -- the classic minimalist designs and the funkier ones.

But it's all about the smell, right? :)

It's sweet. It actually reminds me some candy from my childhood -- I guess this is the pink pepper. I like it on. But then the weird stuff happens -- my husband can smell it on me and he likes the floral-fruity smell, but I cannot smell it at all. Pretty dangerous, huh? that way I'm bound to overdo it, and this is one thing I don't like to do.

Perhaps, it's just because I'm using a tester with no sprayer. I'll try to actually spray it on myself from the bottle and see where that lead me.

Isn't it just me? Smells to me a little like Lancome Hypnose.

filiz
filiz

at first this scent just like a buquet of rose.. when it dries down, it is completely transforming into another scent, which spicy a little bit ,and facinating. but I can not say that there is fruity notes in it.İf there is,it must be very slight. maybe I can define this scent spicy floral, but something unique in it.

Well, what can I say, I genuinely don't understand this fragrance's popularity.

Personally I find this to be your average fruity floral, nothing too ground-breaking here I'm afraid.

Lola is basically an opening of peppery and musky citrus followed by a fresh burst of pear and predictable florals, finishing with an uninspiring blend of musk and vanilla.

I'll give credit to Marc Jacobs for refraining from making this sickeningly sweet like most new perfumes aim to do these days. The scent is playful and young without making one smell like a candy shop.

I can imagine that this will be quite popular this Summer as it seems that already women and young girls alike are buying Lola like hotcakes. From just over-hearing what people have said about Lola, many are attracted to the bottle design. I, for one, don't find the bottle to be overly appealing. The pictures on here seem to flatter the bottle, in real life Lola looks quite tacky, especially with the mult-coloured, plastic folds which are meant to represent god only knows what.

crystal lady
crystal lady

Loved the bottle. The day it launched in this country I was walking past the display and it caught my eye. I smelled it and liked it very quickly. Having worn it a few times now, it is a light smell and doesnt wear well. It is not offensive but has no depth or character. Deff not a signature scent for me. More for a young girl or someone who doesnt want to stand out from the crowd. Floral, some other hints of fruits and musks but doesnt last. Pity it has potential.

Perfumaniac
Perfumaniac

Sexy. Cool. Confident. A modern free spirit with an irresistible allure. LOLA is an intoxicating swirl of rich layers, wrapping the skin in sensuous florals-blooming with the signature note of fuchsia peony.

nasus s
nasus s

Booo. Awesome bottle, dull scent. Yery light and lacking in depth. It smelled like a sweeter, soapy version of Rock N' Rose on me, and the lasting power was poor.

ignis
ignis

I'm sorry to say this, but the bottle is just ugly. I mean that cap is just wrong... As to the smell, nothing special. It smells quite ordinary... bunch of flowers... like a flowers bouquet found at the nearest convenience store.

Back to the horrid bottle/cap, i must add, that it really resembles a horribly cheap looking "perfume" bottle i've seen not long ago at a dollar store... so? bottom line, looks CHEAP and smells MEDIOCRE.

Pashalitsa
Pashalitsa

This new perfume by Marc Jacobs is just awesome! It reminds me of the old fragrance by Yves St. Laurent, Champagne.

After inspecting its notes, I pleasantly found out that it has pink pepper in it which I adore, and also found in the newly launched Bebe perfume.

It shares similar notes to Lancome, Tresor. I love Tresor too and wore it forever, but i think Lola will replace it for now.
Its an excellent fall/winter scent. It's incredible :)

reddragon55
reddragon55

Loved it for the first hour and nearly went back to buy it. Luckily I didn't because several hours later I found it smelled really stale. It reminded me of the smell of an old bottle of Givenchy Amarige I found when clearing out a cupboard. The bottle draws your eye but like the perfume on closer reflection cheap and pretty nasty.

Antoinette
Antoinette

Not unpleasant for the first few minutes but there is something off on the dry down; I hate to say it but it reminds me of doggie shampoo. The bottle is adorable, but I am not looking forward to walking by gaggles of teens drenched in this. Alas, with the cute bottle and the cult following of Marc Jacobs, I fear I will be smelling this everywhere.

Aphrobaby
Aphrobaby

I sampled this fragrance yesterday at Shoppers and I instantly loved it. I was quite surprised to like it so much. I thought that I wouldn't like it just simply and purely judging by the enormous and exaggerated bottle it comes in. But then after smelling it I must say I fell in love with it. It's very fruity and yet it's also floral and the combination of the fruits and florals in it work very well for my taste. It's also pretty sweet. Then I took a closer look at the bottle and it's very unique. I have never seen a fragrance with such a different design for its bottle. I actually like the flower, it's all rubber which at first I thought was kinda cheap but it's pretty and very big too. The box this fragrance comes in is huge. LOL. Better have lots of closet space if you want to hide it for a gift. I think it would make a royal gift. To sum up I think this fragrance is one that you either love or hate. It's very distinguished and also might probably not work on everyone. Iam getting it next week, this one is prefect for the fall/winter months ahead. I find the smell very lasting and also almost as it was warming up on my body. MMMM I miss the smell of it. It's really simply delicious!

krishka
krishka

Liked the bottle and the name on it..tried it and wasn't impressed...there is something plastique in it...like fruit that has been vacuum packed for a long time...staying power was long:(

Trvevil
Trvevil

Yeah, as someone mentioned- if Lola is older sister then Daisy must be 10 years old.

The pre-story.
You know you sometimes have around you girls that wear clothes that are prettier and nicer than yours, they have parents that love them and take care and buy things for them. They often don't count you as a meat. But you know the life and sometimes you want to bite a piece from that purrfect life and try to enjoy it no matter what. At first it seems delight, later- boring, characterless... They all're like copycat's. That's why you have FdB in your closet.

This is a very fruity floral. She would wear it. And you might too.

When I sprayed it, I was quite pleased with sparkling fruity notes of pear and grapefruit. It was very pretty, enjoyable, a bit teeny, but if we see ad, we see a teenager who obviously has tons of cream foundation, it's aimed at them, then?

Later comes the florals screaming 'Don't die!!' to fruity top and they support them until the very end, probably not noticing they're tired and become fainter itself.

I can't really point out the floral notes, because scent is so faint and barely there. Staying power isn't great...

Bottle.
The top, ah, how I adore the gummy thing on the top. If I would be under 1 year old I would have a great time chewing it. I still like it now =^-^= Probably two exciting moment I had while I was sampling this fragrance- the cap and top notes.

Price.
Sorry, but omfg! It's too overpriced. 84$ for 1 oz of this crap O.o I mean, I can buy something else that is much better for that price and actually lasts and got personality, say Lolita Lempicka in 3.4 oz bottle O.o
P.S. I bought my D&G 3.4 bottle for that price and happy, it actually lasts xD

kizkad
kizkad

love it so much more than daisy but i do not think that the 2 can be compared.... when i spray this i get a blast of grapefruit, yummy, so fresh and sharp in a nice way and lasts ages. the flower on the bottle is a bit garish but the purple juice is beautiful and looks so pretty amongst my other perfumes. a winner for me

Annie_D
Annie_D

The pepper begins and then it dries to this spicy fruity floral (if that makes any sense). I find it delicious complex and fascinating. The pepper and pear start and then the peony adds this soft floral. Its exquisite and the lasting power is great. Love it I will be adding it to my collection.

Flowercat
Flowercat

I've never experienced a fragrance that I was confused about...either loved 'em or hated 'em. But "Lola" is a mystery for me! It's not my usual soft, sweet scent preference, yet I am drawn to it, and have enjoyed wearing it for 3 days now. It is delicate upon first spritz, but a spicey-flowery strength develops, lasting a few hours on me. The final phase is a rose-y, spicey-vanilla essence that is nice. The scent lingers in the room...my students have commented that my classroom smells so good, and I smell it when I re-enter the room myself. I don't recognize it as "me", but it's fun to wear this playful scent. It has an exotic quality about it, sort of like Armani Code. Yet it's pretty, if a little strong in certain phases. Nonetheless, I never had to go through that staleness that some perfumes are reduced to after many hours. It retains a freshness that I really appreciate. What IS it about this fragrance?! I think I really like it! (The bottle is adorable in my girly bathroom too!)

luz
luz

Not for me. I find it boring and cheap, did not like the bottle and the fragrance is commom.

rainydays
rainydays

Marc Jacobs said this was like a "big sister to Daisy" (I believe), so I was interested to try it. I liked Daisy, but never loved it because there was a strange pine note that really annoyed me. I smelled this one and was disappointed. It smells, plain and simply, cheap and boring. I expected the fruits to be somewhat strong and energetic, and for it to dry down sensual with the musk and vanilla, but it was very... bland. Really a shame, because the bottle is so unique and gorgeous.

Spring25
Spring25

I tried this at Macy's today. The bottle is indeed huge and very eye-catching! The fragrance is a light, pretty, mostly fruity floral. It's smooth, slightly spicy and sugary, but fairly faint on me. It lasted only about a couple hours. I probably wouldn't purchase a full bottle, but it would be hard to resist a mini - great design!

APassionateJourney

This is one of the most grown up Fruity Floral Fragrances I've ever smelled. When you first spray it, it's very spicy and sweet. I guess that's the pink Pepper and Pear working. I just can't stop smelling it. When it dries down it's a very soft Vanillaish scent. None of what I described is kiddish smelling. It's all very mature. The Lasting Power is nice as well. I sprayed this on me at 2:03 p.m and it is now 5:58 and it's still here. Very Well done, Marc Jacobs! I'm trying to decide now if I'll get the Body Cream or Body Lotion. When I get all of the products I tire of the scent really easily, and I don't want that to happen with this :)

jonr951

I finally tried this at Macys yesterday and O MY GOSH do i love love love love love it! I find it far more better then Daisy. Daisy i really like but Lola i just love! The pear the pink peppercorn and the grapefruit! The vanilla and the tonka bean! Its perfection in a bottle! I have to have it! And that BOTTLE! I just think its wonderful! Probably the best design in awhile! I prefer it over Daisys bottle as well! The 3.4oz bottle is HUGE! The biggest bottle I have ever seen for a 3.4oz! The flower cap is ENORMOUS! Simply stunning! Its a must have everyone!!!

APassionateJourney

I smelled this in Cosmo also, and I liked it. I have to test it on my skin, though. Not sure if this is worth 90 bucks

mmizy
mmizy

I smelled this perfume in the flap of a Comso magazine. It smelled like raspberry vapor rub. You know the chest decongestor. It cleared my sinuses right up. Not a fan of pepper notes and this one definitely has to much. Surprised that it is a fruity floral.

bjsmellgood
bjsmellgood

This is definitely a perfume you should sample before purchasing. I love it. Works well with by body chemistry. I wore it for the first time today and received a ton of compliments.

ILOVEEEPERFUME
ILOVEEEPERFUME

ew ew ew ew! i smelled this today because the bottle looks so interesting ..it made me gag its a very different scent- not like anything ive ever smelled before. it burned my damn nose off its NASTY

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Lola fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Lola, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lola by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lola by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.