Designers » M » Floral Aquatic « Groups

Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Marc Jacobs for women

Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Marc Jacobs for women
dislike

Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Marc Jacobs for women Pictures

Marc Jacobs Splash Rain by Marc Jacobs is a Floral Aquatic fragrance for women. Marc Jacobs Splash Rain was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Laurent Le Guernec. Top notes are clementine, cypress and strawberry; middle notes are sunflower, passion flower and orchid; base notes are teak wood, amber, musk and oakmoss.

Clementine Cypress Strawberry

Like a Walk in the Summer Rain

Marc Jacobs Splash Rain Fragrance Reviews

smellagent
smellagent

Love this lightly woody floral fume. I get mostly sunflower and Passion flower upfront. Everything is light and lovely. The only thing that is a little disappointing is it is short lived but the good news is it is a ten ounce bottle so there is plenty to reapply. Perfect for summer

yidansheng
yidansheng

That's quite a fruity rain we're enjoying! Chosen as one of the 4 best selling fragrances from the Splash collection, it's creating a dreamy rain experience which would exist only in a perfumer's imagination: citrus and a touch of tropical fruits, powdery floral and clean yet powerful dry down, with a drop of dewy green. What a lovely rain!

GinWeed
GinWeed

It literally feels like you're outside standing in the rain and you can just smell that amazing purity, simplicity and freshness. When I smell this perfume I think: heaven, sky, raindrops, clouds, silk, kisses, and air. This fragrance is like a super soft, tender dream with so much thought in one bottle. I love it!

bukanlahanakajaib
bukanlahanakajaib

Fresh, cool and dewy... Great for the summer

Too bad the longevity doesn't last long on my skin, perhaps like around 1-2 hours then it's completely gone.

But since I like fresh fragrance I don't mind at all, no wonder Marc Jacobs released it in huge bottle (can't even keep it on my purse!)

[email protected]
chrismriley@hotmail.com

A light, floral-watery frag which is short lived and sits close to the skin...

I applied 6 heavy sprays

0 -1.5 hours- 4 inch projection. This frag is clean, flowery, feminine and for summer day use. It is a flowers in water frag, with orchid and some very distant sweetness on the skin- strawberry - though the overriding smell is floral. It is 70% the same as Clean Shower Fresh EDP which I used to own; with the 30% differernce being that this this frag does not have the watery aluminium vibe, instead it is more toned down and light which makes it more bearable than shower fressh

1.5 hours - 2 hours - 1 inch projection. Little bit more sweetness now on the skin but overall a linear frag.

2-4 hours - Quite faint smell on the skin

This frag has little staying power, and is not nice enough to remain linear

Not for me

pravda48
pravda48

On me it's fresh, cool, almost dewy cypress, sunflower (a fun note to find prominent in a scent), & a lot of some type of (cheap) musk that makes it smell like 'morning rain' style fabric softeners to me. It's soft, fresh, clean, & just barely sweet like a sunflower in bloom.

It's pretty and something to reach for on very hot days to feel fresh vs heavily perfumed.

teachersu
teachersu

On my skin, clean and Light. Very safe. Reminds me of victoria's secret pink wild and breezy body mist ( the blue one), which also has passion flower. But the second is sweeter.

djeine
djeine

I have the new version of this one.
It opens with aquatic and grass notes that reminds me of summer rain - Which is marvelous! However a minute later the strawberry scent arises and destroy all the joy of the fragrance.
Why did they put the strawberry? It turned the scent into a cheap fragrance. I really hate that.
Very disappointing scent.

Red Rose
Red Rose

I tried this a few days ago as Marc re-release it again I guess. It smells so much like the discontinued body shop oceanus if you recall that scent. so flowry & aquatic & it dries down to a very clean scent like a freshly washed clothes. There's ony this note that smells like melon that truly annoy me & make me sick, other than that it's fantastic & a must for anyone seeking a clean safe scent for work or just a walk in the garden in the morning.
update:
with my full respect to Mr.Jacobs I think the name of this scent is misleading. It doesn't has anything to do with actual & real rain. It maybe fresh & clean yeah but it doesn't smell like rain at all in my humble openion.

evacecilias
evacecilias

I havent tried any of Marc Jacobs before, when seeing this at Kicks locally. This one smelled rain instantly, Fresh pure a little fresh lather like.
I could quite like wearing this as a refresher summertime. The top was great, the one note I did not get was the wild strawberry, too bad . The peony at heart was nice.
I think that all you gúys who likes all the shower fresh ones from Clean - would die for this,
This was more a true smell of rain and freshness
than all those synthetic ones....
But when I realized it is similar to -
PURE by Biotherm, wich I actually have a 100 ml of -
I thought better start using that one , eh ?

Wise-222
Wise-222

I was very happy when i tried this one it's look like

the smell of washing soap for the clothing you can

feel about the happiness with this one.

great job marc jacobs keep going.

10/10 like.

DocTales
DocTales

I tried it today and was soooo disappointed! I usually LOVE all Marc Jacobs scents, but the new splash series just is not for me...none of the three, yet least of all 'Rain'.
It is somewhat 'non-descript' bordering on a mild disinfectant. Did not like it at all. Am a huge fan of almost all the previous splashes and even the ones that were not my favorites I still found very pleasant.

Is it just me or do other people out there think that the current splash series is somewhat off, to say the least?

SS79
SS79

Beauitiful! This would be best when you want to feel clean and fresh without smelling like you are wearing perfume.
Would love to sdd this to my collection.

orchid_84
orchid_84

Rain, Hibiscus, and Kumquat are the three MJ “Splash” scents available this year as part of the tropical theme. I like Rain the best of those three. It lasts maybe a couple of hours on my skin, which is quite a bit longer than either Hibiscus or Kumquat lasted. It’s cool, green, aquatic, and vegetal. It has a calming and fresh feel, evoking watery reeds and still lakes. To me, it smells very similar to Clinique Happy Heart. Both have a combo of watery florals, citrus, and green notes that give off that serene vibe. I get the cypress, sunflower, and clementine the most strongly. I like it a lot, but wouldn't choose it over Happy Heart (which outdoes Rain in terms of longevity).

If the huge 300 ml bottle (TEN ounces!!) and lightness of the previous SPLASHes were not "enough" for you, this summer (2012) MJ is re-releasing this scent in a smaller bottle (100 ml) in an EDT concentration. *claps*

Also released along with this were Kumquat and Hibiscus! Finally, someone in the marketing department listened to us parfumistas and changed both bottle design (too big) and scent concentration (too weak).

If the "rain" smell of this is ANYTHING like the tropical rain accord in Marc Jacobs HOME room and linen spray...I will be needing a FB and a back-up!

sandra2202
sandra2202

loved this perfume. Very light. Perfect for daytime. Anyone know where I can get it.Hasn't been available Here( Ireland) or duty free for last couple of years.

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

This is just a beautiful clean scent, really pretty, and unlike most clean scents smells lightly floral rather than citrusy.
It is actually like a garden after rain, when the sun is coming out again and the flowers are beginning to perk up once more. Lovely and natural.

njdeb
njdeb

This just might be the perfect after shower scent. It is the definition of fresh and clean. After showering, I spray some into a glob of unscented body lotion and mix it in my hands to make a scented moisturizer. I then spray myself with the scent itself. Luckily the bottle is huge (10oz), and I got it for $20 at Marshall's, so I can use it liberally. Love it.

Reviewer below, check out TJ Maxx or Marshall's.

Can Anyone Tell Me Where I can Find Rain Splash in the Atlanta area? I have been looking for that fragrance for a few months.

Manya
Manya

It doesn't really smell like rain to me, more like 'anticipation of rain'.

This smells like a fresh breeze coming from the sea after a hot day.
Heavy rainclouds are forming on the horizon, the turquoise waves get bigger and a brisk gust of cold wind playfully messes up your hair.

A refreshing, cold floral which is perfect for those hot summer days.
Very longlasting, especially on clothes (over a week on a shawl!)

liongigi
liongigi

About 2 wks ago I purchase this splash at TJMAXX. I needed a lite scent for work. I sprayed soon as I got into my car before going to the grocery store, as I entered the produce section, a lady asked what am I wearing, I said Rain. She just loved it, said it was fresh and light and happy THAT JUST GOT OUT OF THE SHOWER FEEL. If this is what you are looking for then rain is for you. I like it and just wish it was not a splash but an EDT OR EDP.

Ziana
Ziana

Got it! Love this smell, but yes not lasting on me. Never mind I can keep on spray this every 3 hours, but the bottle! Too heavy to carry! Maybe that's the reason MJ packed it for 300ml, coz you'll need to keep on spray for every 3 hours. So, I end up bought this two bottles for my stock.

rdoonanuk
rdoonanuk

This is one of my favourites. As the other reviewers say, it does smell clean and fresh, I think that could be the cypress sent.

One me it does last a long time which I wouldn't have expected.

I wore this on my wedding day because I wanted to smell fresh, clean and pretty. The girl who did my makeup said she could smell sunflowers and that was a few hours after spraying.

I agree about the large bottle, it's too much. I have hidden it in a dark cupboard in case it goes off!

jigglyclefairypuff
jigglyclefairypuff

Most people can detect when the rain is about to arrive cause they can smell it in the air. But I had my doubts over whether Marc Jacobs could actually recreate that as a fragrance.

Sure, Splash Rain doesn't exactly smell like the rain, but it's pure and clean and its a nice change from the mainstream floral scents.

Marc Jacobs Splashes need to be re-applied sometimes cause they're so light in fragrance structure.

I agree with Susiqrj that the bottles are massive and heavy. - Marc Jacobs should have produced these in lighter, shatterproof bottles because people would rather take these with them in holiday bags rather than just sitting on the vanity table.

Σελήνη
Σελήνη

Rain is a good comfortable scent!
It smells not really like rain but i think rain don't have a scent structure,it smells only clean and freah and like nature.And this fragrance is freah and clean (it smells a bit like washed clothes)and also a bit fruity.When you close your eyes and smell this scent you feel, like your in a garden full of flowers and fruits and the sun is shining and it rains,it's very nice i always must smell my wrist now, because the scent catched me.The Bottle itself is so clean and pure like the scent but 300ml are so much, but i want it,it's a light scent but it last a good time four hours on me.Rain is a good fragrance for all seasons i think in the summer it's really refreshing and romantic and in the spring joyful,in the fall perfect,and in the winter you could think it's a fragrance called snow because it's also very fresh and clean.

susieqrj
susieqrj

I really like this one: the smell is very clean, not quite like fresh laundry but very refreshing, just like a walk in the rain. Some could say it has some masculine touch on it, because even though it has flower notes, you can´t smell them clearly.
Not very lasting, must be reapplyied during the day, what is not something very easy because the bottle is very huge (must be poured in a smaller flask to carry on a purse).

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Splash Rain fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Marc Jacobs Splash Rain, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Marc Jacobs Splash Rain by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Marc Jacobs Splash Rain by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.