Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Violet Marc Jacobs for women

Violet Marc Jacobs for women
dislike

Violet Marc Jacobs for women Pictures Violet Marc Jacobs for women Pictures

Marc Jacobs presents Violet, a new fragrance that belongs to the same line as Dot from 2012 and Honey from 2013. The fragrance comes out in May 2015 as a limited edition, exclusive to travel retail. It is charming, spontaneous and illuminating.

Marc Jacobs Violet is announced as a delectable and luminous modern chypre perfume, reminiscent of an opalescent bubble. Warm and sensual shades are illuminated by the charming and contemporary composition. It starts fresh and pungent with Calabria bergamot, green apple and kumquat, leading to the floral heart of white lily, jasmine, magnolia and violet. The base consists of precious woods such as patchouli, together with skin musk and vanilla bean.

The bottle design follows the previous editions of the collection, only in differing color - this time in a soft pearly shade of purple. The fragrance is available in the format of 50 ml Eau de Parfum.

Calabrian bergamot Green Apple Kumquat

White Lily Jasmine Magnolia Violet

Patchouli Musk Vanilla

Forever Midnight
Police Exotic

Violet Fragrance Reviews

Toronto_pro
Toronto_pro

I would combine "Bvglari Amethyst", "Violet", "Me" (Lanvin) and somewhat (just somewhat, because it's least powdery and most citrusy) "Eclat" into the same category, with "Amethyst" being the weakest and "Me" and "Eclat" - the strongest.

Everyone who likes powdery scents should love "Violet". Because powder is what my nose felt the most.

My skin doesn't go well with florals and powder: florals just evaporating in 5 minutes and powder becomes dull and cheap, like a regular smell of lipstick-powder-mascara from a cosmetic isle in a drug store. Or a baby shampoo.

So it didn't work for me, I gave it to my friend and she loved it.

Saxophonia
Saxophonia

Instant love! A very successful blind buy. I didn't expect this to be sweet and delicious, yes it's sweet but not cloying. My husband loved it on me. Longevity is pretty impressive as well as the sillage at least for me. And the bottle is just so adorable it's a big plus.

DuchessL
DuchessL

Beautiful a bit powdery scent, not overly sweet and has VERY interesting tones to it! Perfume stayed on nicely! It reminds me of my favorite scent from 10 years ago Lancome "Hypnôse", if you liked this scent, you are going to love "Violet" aswell!! it is even a bit crispier which I like!
Came across this perfume in airports twice! Never found it in local shops, now I found out here that it is meant only for travel retail! Definately going to buy this online or next time at the airport!
I haven't been a fan of Marc Jacobs fragrances before, this is something different from him!!
The bottle design is a bit childish but a lot better than "Dot" & "Honey", which look juvenile!:)

sabysabster
sabysabster

For me, personally, this scent is waaay too sweet for me. Almost makes me sick. But maybe it's only on my skin, I haven't smelled it on anyone else yet! I love the violet notes though, but I think it's too sweet and not enough strong florals, mostly vanilla and sweetness.

I sense it mostly as spicy and powdery. There's an interesting floral scent, mostly violet, jasmine and lily. I can also sense sweetness, but it's well balanced, not annoying in any way.
I consider it to be good, an interesting one by Marc Jacobs.

IrisLily
IrisLily

I don't normally care much for Marc Jacobs' perfumes, but I love this one. It is light and sweet, summery, delicate but lingering. It reminds me a little of the way an iris smells when it first opens. Love it!

guachipiruli
guachipiruli

Total dissapointment. Very baby shampooish.

The patchouli is present from the beginning which ruins a nice idea. I don't find it powdery at all and the violet note is quite faint. Nothing new really. Has a masculine note that reminds me of Paco Rabanne 1 million for men... The sour apple makes it smell synthetic. I do like the kumquat.

Save your money, this is not worth the hipe. Another flowery smell of je ne sais quoi.

VioletNoir
VioletNoir

My name is Violet so i was already happy just to have a pretty purfume bottle with the name Violet just to have as a keep sake....but the scent itself is beautiful....i think it even fits my personality....soft, feminine, clean and sweet is how i would describe me....i mean Violet lol. I recommend this scent for whoever likes sweet soft scents.

This actually reminds me of a softer version of "Flowerbomb" i like this much more than Flowerbomb but they share the same warmth and sweetness

XocoFlor
XocoFlor

Woah this was a lovely surprise of a scent. I tend to find Marc Jacobs perfumes too fruity fresh or clean. But, this is a nice warm sweetness I loooooove! And a beautiful bottle. Very happy. :)

laurakaye
laurakaye

"Testing" this from the bottle I purchased at TJ Maxx and gave to my teenage daughter for Christmas. Hey, if she can stroll into my room and help herself to any of my scents, I should be able to do the same with hers, yes?

Well, I love violet, and I love this scent. It's soft, flirty, fun, powdery, sweet, innocent, and fresh. The official description mentions comparison to an opalescent bubble, and this is very accurate. A bubble, when blowing in the breeze, changes and morphs very slowly but still maintains its "bubbleness." This starts out all powdery violet, then morphs into something deeper but still lovely, which I believe is the patchouli and vanilla peeking through the powder to say hello. All in all, I love this and hope that its random appearance at TJ Maxx was not a one-time deal, because I - I mean, my daughter - is going to need a backup pretty soon.

And the bottle is all kinds of adorable!

sweetpunkin
sweetpunkin

This smells EXACTLY like Forever Midnight from Bath and Body Works (which is now discontinued.) Violet is a pretty, inoffensive scent but it isn't unique or memorable. The lasting power is decent. If you already have FM, I'd skip this one.

The bottle is beautiful, though.

Jaycm
Jaycm

Very pretty soft scent, I get mostly sweet vanilla and a bit of flowers. I love the bottle, really cute on my dresser. Longevity is much better than other Marc Jacobs perfumes I've tried. I think this would be a great gift for a young lady, I doubt anyone would find this scent unpleasant. Not the most unique but a good everyday scent.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

I sampled this at Marshall's (Yea I made a tester lol shhh..) I was just so curious.. Well the curiosity paid off, I was immediately captivated, I'm a lover of violet && powdery scents, but I'm even more a lover for vanilla. && I found here a least on my skin that the Vanilla dominated the most && having 3 loves in one scent I was completely won over && Violet deff. has the cuddly factor I also like in scents. Agreed to what other's have commented it seems Marc's girl has grown up a lil, sampling this && Decadence (which I'm also in love with && getting for xmas! *can't wait*)They both lean more to the classier/mature side. I didn't have the funds at the time && I only seen the one bottle (which I hid) lol. So if it's still there I told myself I'd get it. That bottle too is even prettier in person && beings it hard to find in other stores here I may just have to spring for it.

Longevity: Moderate
Sillage: Pretty nice Radiated within 6 feet.

barentonwithaba
barentonwithaba

This is what Mariah Carey Dreams should smell like. It's a little similar but a lot less vanilla and more flowery. Very lovely fragrance. Better lasting power than most other Marc Jacobs fragrances. And the bottle is beautiful.

gabri
gabri

I don't smell bergamot or violet in this one,
Who said there's cashmere in it ? Anyway it's pleasant in spite of being a bit flowery.

Bruno57
Bruno57

Just tried this one at the airport
It's floral but not mature, sweet but not sticky, light but not too much... It smells like a new flanker of Fantasy by Britney, I love it !
And the bottle is like the others MJ: beautiful !

emyalda
emyalda

i have fallen so hard in love with this perfume surprisingly because i was never a fan marc jacobs fragrances, but this stuff is amazing.
Powdery violets, toffee apple, sparkling citrus and florals.

i just picked it up from the airport as it is not available in Australia and wore it overseas. i decided to pick up another bottle on the way back but there was none left! so i ordered 2 bottles online thats how much i love it.

Jenyjane
Jenyjane

I love the creamy cashmere vibe I get from this violet perfume. Plus I love citrus scents, as they are my go-to and this perfume has that going on in the background. They don't mix to make a new scent, they play off of each other, making this perfume very intriguing! The citrus scent gives it a fizzy vibe, while the cashmere feel to the violet notes keep it nice and romantic. A scent you keep smelling to try and "figure out". One thing I have figured out...I love this perfume! It's a comforting scent, while still being feminine! I wish this wasn't a limited time perfume, only available to a limited group (travel retail)! I might have to buy the small bottle they have on Ebay too!!!

passionata20
passionata20

23. July 2015

I saw the bottle today at the tax free shop and it is very beautiful! The mother-of-pearl cap has caught my eye, which i can't say about the fragrance itself.
It starts out very nicely, i smell some fruits, bit of freshness, no powder, but it passes by very quickly and what you are left with is a vanilla pudding. The kind of cream vanilla of YSL's Manifesto Le Parfum has. It is nice and buttery, but i wish the delicious opening would stay on for longer, it is really a shame but i do not smell any jasmne in here, but the overall impression is almost the same as i would put on YSL Manifesto Le parfum on, i believe they are very close.

I must compliment the lasting power, nice 6hrs from 1 wrist spray, but the sillage is close to skin. I would probably buy it on a discount, mostly because of the bottle, and less based on the scent. It is not powdery at all, but more of the fall-winter scent IMO.

Malibu
Malibu

Violet has really surprised me; based on the scent notes I thought I'd like it, but it turns out I love it and will probably get my first-ever perfume backup when I go on holiday in September.

The fruit notes are very subtle, so add a bit of freshness to the fragrance without being in your face, Jolly Rancher type fruity notes.

Violet is my favourite floral scent and adds a bit of fizzyness to the gentle floral heart, whilst my second favourite floral note - magnolia - gives the fragrance a more vintage powered feel. I love the feel of quiet energy Violet gives when the fizz and the powder mixes. It's quite addictive.

The vanilla is like the fruit - light and airy, so whilst I know it's there it is quite subtle and stays in the background. Same deal for the patchouli, thank goodness. For me the base is centred around sandalwood and musk, with traces of remaining bergamot.

Violet is a soft and feminine perfume, so is close to the skin, but it lasts longer then the Daisy fragrances or Dot does.

Lakambini
Lakambini

I tried a spray on my wrist and the cuff of my cardigan. Initially it reminds me very much of a lost fragrance from the 70s -- Blue Jeans by Shulton. It is light, gentle, comforting, like putting your cheek up to the fibers of a soft, fuzzy sweater. A clean, soft-musk smell. I didn't get much powder, really. The vanilla note is low-calorie dessert-like, but intensifies after about half an hour. A very pretty fragrance, very wearable.

vik73
vik73

Wow! Marc Jacobs hits with the powdery notes. First a bohemian Decadence, now a crispy Violet. Does it mean that his "girl" became older?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Marc Jacobs Violet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Marc Jacobs Violet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Violet by Marc Jacobs. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Violet by Marc Jacobs represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.