Designers » M » Floral « Groups

White Lilac Mary Chess for women

White Lilac Mary Chess for women
dislike

yellow floral

White Lilac by Mary Chess is a Floral fragrance for women. White Lilac was launched in 1932. The fragrance features lilac, wisteria, lily-of-the-valley, narcissus and musk.

Lilac Wisteria Lily-of-the-Valley Narcissus Musk

White Lilac Fragrance Reviews

Ms.Mink
Ms.Mink

I smell like I got in a fight with a lilac bush and lost. The first time I tried this, in a 1950s nip, it smelled exactly like a lilac bush. I liked the scent so much, that I bought a 1970s bottle of the "eu de toilette". I don't know if its the reformation, or the perfume has just gone a little bad. The 1970s version has a much stronger "grassy" note. It's SO STRONG and LONG LASTING, I open the bottle and it's like I've released the kraken, the whole room smells like lilac bushes and acres of freshly mowed grass.

grayspoole
grayspoole

Like Stacia79, I have fun with my box of vintage nips. I pick one at random, and I give it a try. When I saw that the random nip of the day was White Lilac, I was a little disappointed at first. I don't wear lilac perfumes and I don't plant them in my garden. On the other hand, It can be lovely to walk by a lilac bush in full bloom and be surrounded by their sweet floral fug. So, onward with my sampling game, only to be pleasantly surprised and impressed by White Lilac. How can a 50 year old scent smell so fresh and alive? The lilacs are blooming right here in my bedroom, in late November. And if we can believe Wikipedia, Grace Mary Chess Robinson was an interesting early perfumer who began making her own scents using natural ingredients in the 1930's. White Lilac was her first perfume. If you really like lilacs, you might enjoy a vintage bottle of this.

stacia79
stacia79

I would be happy to write a review of Mary Chess White Lilac. I had a vintage nip of this (probably from the mid-50s) and no, I don't save vintage like a wine snob bragging about his cellar but never drinking from it. Perfume is meant to be worn and enjoyed!

Unlike many vintages, this went on without any of those musty top notes that usually haunt the first 15 minutes of vintage. Right from the start it was FRESH floral, a very realistic lilac, straight out of springtime. It could have been something I sprayed off the shelf at my local Sephora, but it possesses that sort of generous oomph that many of today's florals seem to lack.

I love how women of that era were not concerned with smelling "office appropriate". This is a heady lilac with the guts to be a WOMAN! The lasting power is great....used the tiny sample 10 hours ago and it is just now fading.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mary Chess White Lilac fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mary Chess White Lilac, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify White Lilac by Mary Chess. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of White Lilac by Mary Chess represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.