Designers » M » Floral Aquatic « Groups

dislike

leather
smoky
Island Michael Kors for women Pictures Island Michael Kors for women Pictures

The Island perfume was presented in 2005. This blue lagoon was created by Loc Dong and Christophe Laudamiel. It is dedicated to self conches, chic and sexy woman, whose attitude and lifestyle match up with perfume’s relaxing and luxurious feeling. It opens in notes of Chinese kiwi Kauai waterfall and ion water, followed by the heart of honeysuckle, Hydroponic Tyger lily, tulip, Bulgarian rose and ginger, settling at the base of birch, driftwood and sensuous notes of rice field. The bottle captivates with its design and color; mixture of modern and luxurious that represents a true journey along the Caribbean shores. Rectangle bottle and cap were made to “simulate ethereally, calm and carefree sea water, melting in with the horizon”. It’s available as 50 and 100 ml edp solid perfume, as well as body lotion and shower gel.

Tulip Honeysuckle Ginger Lily Bulgarian Rose

Instinct d`Animale

Island Fragrance Reviews

Fancygirl
Fancygirl

May be weird on some, but it is killer on me!! I have gotten sooooo many compliments while wearing this perfume. To me, the best of his Island/tropical line. White flowers, waterfalls, tropical breezes, etc. Also ,very clean. Does not morph into anything other than what it is. If you have lotion it will be a plus, but not a must.
Another big plus for me is that nobody readily recognizes what it is. They just know that someone smells great!!!!

alexandra13
alexandra13

What´s a "self conches woman"? Hahah! Hilarious...(and last I checked being self-conscious is not really a positive thing; if that´s what they mean)

b.a.denney
b.a.denney

I found an over half full bottle at Goodwill, of all places. I snatched it up, even knowing I don't like most Michael Kors fragrances. I haven't worn it yet, because I can already tell it's another of those very strong white floral perfumes. I'll test in on paper, and see if I get brave enough to attempt this. Strong white floral notes are something I struggle with. The bottle is gorgeous though, and maybe if I only spray my wrists I'll be able to wear it.

telayla
telayla

OK, first with review of this fragrance. I bought this while on a stop over in Las Vegas on my way to Monteray CA to visit my daughter in 2007. It's opening was fresh, clean and the honeysuckle was very present. Not an overpowering scent, very pleasant. It's Silage is pretty good but staying power is just so so... I don't get aquatic at all and I wonder if it's psycological suggestion (blue gorgeous bottle and carefully crafted marketing jargon) that so many of you get ocean from it. I just don't. Fast forward to 2015, I reacquired this (now discontinued) scent on eBay for a bargain and from first spritz I am transported back to Monteray and that really great trip! For me it's sentimental and I still love it. A great spring/summer scent with the added bonus of a trip down memory lane.

OK, second, my opinion of the marketing jargon. It's complete BS! Driftwood? Rice fields? Exotic waterfalls? Conch? Have you really smelled some of these things? In real life they don't smell very good. Tulip, have you smelled a tulip blossom? They have nooooo scent.

Bottle is great! Gorgeous.

The notes I get from this are honeysuckle, lily of the valley, hint of rose, bergamot and light musk. It's lovely, very simple but not a lot of depth.

Pinnacos
Pinnacos

Note: This contains not just a tiger lily note but a HYDROPONIC tiger lily note. It also contains waterfall notes--not just your run of the mill waterfall notes but actual Kauai waterfall notes.

What a bunch of pretentious drivel.

moonstarwolf
moonstarwolf

Not a big fan of this. I do not get Island at all. I totally agree with Peachysugarbuns' review!

Peachysugarbuns
Peachysugarbuns

Island's notes sound SO lovely, but they just don't translate on my skin. It's like the sharp marine notes are misplaced among the florals and the sweet notes...or perhaps it's the ginger note that's adding a synthetic, syrupy presence to an otherwise fresh, aquatic floral - SOMETHING isn't blending in a pleasant way to me. I never get headaches, ever, for any reason, but Island makes me feel woozy.

Oddly enough, because Michael Kors makes some strong perfumes, this fragrance projects during its opening and not otherwise. I do not like the kiwi and sweet notes in the opening anyway, so that's a bummer. The marine notes can't seem to show themselves through all that ginger, no matter how much time passes, so I must declare: I'm not a fan of this mish-mashed composition.

Yah-el
Yah-el

I have no idea what this smells like, but that is one awesome-looking bottle! My review is of the packaging -- fantastico!

lexi.malevolent
lexi.malevolent

I love this! It smells just like the name suggests. A blind-buy, I went from the description. You just feel like you should be lying in the sand on a tropical island wearing this. How do people not like this?!

Jonayla
Jonayla

This was big no for me. I ordered it blind in internet. First I think I liked it, but it was too sharp and I started feeling sick through a day, when I use it, even my friend got headache from it, when she was near to me whole day. It last very long, it like poison what you can`t get rid of. I really can`t recommend this one to anyone.

sjam3295
sjam3295

Now this, for me, is a dream right from the first spritz. A balmy, tropical ocean in a bottle. What sets this apart for me from other similar white floral scents is the balance of sweet and spicy – it’s flowery, fruity, fresh but not simple – the mix of ginger and rose really captures for me the freshness and saltiness of the sun-wind sea breeze. I really feel I can smell the wind. An absolute delight for all the senses. Captivating.

joliecat
joliecat

When this frag first came out on the market, I had to have it. It was beautiful and it lasted a long long time on my skin. But the newer reformulated version is too synthetic. It doesn't last long at all. A good perfume shouldn't have to be layered with other products to make it last. What a shame. I won't buy it again.

ruth53
ruth53

I love this one. I smelled a sample of it for several days before I bought it. I had the lotion and the shower gel. It is long lasting for me especialy if you layer it.

LindsinMCO
LindsinMCO

I like it at the top. The drydown is less than stellar and it doesn't wear long. I've never detected it after two hours. Shortlived and inoffensive. Lacking creativity in the sense that there are so many similar fragrances out there. Enjoyable in the short term.

dkny27
dkny27

Thought for sure from the notes and reviews this would be a winner. Just isn't doing much in the way of standing out from many of the fresh, slightly floral, aquatic scents that are out there. I imagined more of an islandy beach, sun, tropical scent. It's clean but vague, nothing that stands out .
Practically unused, if anyone is interested let me know.

wajeeha85
wajeeha85

The lasting power on this one is AMAZING! I put it on at 8.30 am and was still getting whiffs of it at 8p.m! It's a great tropical summer perfume - a great purchase for all those who enjoy aquatics and I think the ginger note gives it a great kick differentiating it from all the aquatics available in the market. Definitely worth sniffing! :)

Irisfvh
Irisfvh

This is amazing. This is a smell that would suit the best on woman who are 20+. My mother is 50 and owns it for 3 years now, and I just love how it smells. it's very comforting and deffinatly smells like an "island" to me

lisa.m.kasper
lisa.m.kasper

I like this. I discovered it in a magazine sample. I don't wear it often cuz I like the heavy orientals, but on the occasional summer day its good.

Its definitely aquatic.

I can't pull out the different florals, but they are there. Perhaps the lily?

I don't get any weird or synthetic smells from this. Its lush, and smells of moist tropical plants... like ferns and leaves...

Some say it makes them think of a tropical beach. I've been to tropical beaches, and this does not make me think of those.

Considering all the folks who can't stand this, the obvious advise is: sample it first!

naheed
naheed

I come up with a positive review about Island. I received a sample from system_d and tested just yesterday.

The beginning is a bit synthetic and smells like brandy but as soon as the heart notes start to settle, it smells kind of aquatic which is with a little just a dash of salt notes. Along with the aquatic notes, the accord of ginger and florals join in which is like spicy and sweet.

The dry down is more a blend of the heart notes that settles down on the base notes and emerges as refreshing and subtle.

I like it on the whole and recommendation to others would be to give it a try in autumn/winter as it's almost the start of winter here
and I have tested it and found it great on my skin.

Update

This could be a unisex perfume as I asked my dad to wear a couple of puffs on him and it smells great on him.

ComfyCat
ComfyCat

I bought it once unsniffed, expecting something to remind me of summer, warm ocean water, palmtrees, well everthing that's far off a cold and dark winter evening.

Unfortunately Island is a weird mixture of fruits, water, driftwood and even more fruits. Even more unfortunately these different themes were not blended together at all, while I liked the overall aquatic wood some flowers and fruits theme, there was something in it which made me feel really sick, I developed serious headaches.

In the end it just smelled like a cheap air refresher, I passed it on to my mother who actually used it as an air refreshener...

Contessa01
Contessa01

Nothing special about this, it lasts about 10 mins on the skin then disappears. There are a lot better acquatic scents out there.

Enchantia

I love floral aquatic perfumes but it is so difficult to find one that suits me. Some of them give me chest pain - Michael Kors Island is one of them. I am not sure which ingredient(s) is the culprit as aquatic perfumes don't always share the same ingredients. Blue Seduction by Antonio Banderras is so much more pleasant.

Alinabadea
Alinabadea

I am not good at describing scents, like other people around here, but I simply love it. It goes well with the springtime and I think it would go even better during summer days. :)

c3c
c3c

I like it! The kiwi definitely stands out in the beginning and makes me think of the way Amour d`Amandier by Nina Ricci begins. The ginger / salty aquatic notes add a strange note in the center but fade. Island isn't necessarily a ground shaker. It's similar to others, but it's very pleasant and I'm glad to have it in my collection.

altezze
altezze

For some reason all Michael Kors fragrances smell very un-blended to me. A cacophony of random weak notes, and one strategically a bit stronger than others. This one, as I am almost certain, is dog flea shampoo. Sorry, Michael. The Island smelled like slightly rotting cheap bouquet which someone accidentally left by open sea bath salt jar.

Island is on the borderline between being an aquatic and a fruity floral. Unfortunately those are not my favourite fragrance genres, so clearly Island isn't the scent for me. But apart from that this fragrance has some admirable qualities.

The scent is very fresh yet vibrant. It does indeed evoke a sense of a holiday on a tropical island, it gives you that chance to escape to a different world.

The heart and the drydown reminds me of Ralph by Ralph Lauren, possibly because of the apple and jasmine notes.

Apart from being fresh, Island is also a sweet scent, but not overly sweet like a candy shop, only very subtle.

I will admit that I too find this scent a little artificial and synthetic smelling, however it is difficult to produce these kinds of scents without getting this result. Although fake, it doesn't mean that this fragrance can't be worn and enjoyed by others. I personally think that on a person with the right skin chemistry, Island would smell like paradise.

guest_melissa
guest_melissa

I have owned this fragrance for a couple of years. It reminds me of a remote tropical island.

kiselina
kiselina

Aquatic, flowery and sour. Nothing unique for me, although it could be a pleasant fragrance for the hot summer days.

Moszatka
Moszatka

What a great aquatic perfume! Really lovely and fresh with a hint of apple and ginger, which gives a sepcially accord. I close my eyes and fells like the smells of sea and coloured flowers. Perfect summer fragrance for a hot summer day!

veronique
veronique

I love marine scents and this one is quite interesting,
tropical sweet floral, very breezy and light. Perfect for a summer day.

sharyssa
sharyssa

Had this and returned it.I really liked the bottle but the perfume is really synthetic smelling without much character.I have my EA Mediterranean for a marine scent and I prefer it much more!MK could have done better!

Kyrrah
Kyrrah

Wearing it today and yet again it has given me a headache(hits the sinuses for some reason). Clean yet not fresh. Bit too artificial but I will pursue with it as it eventually can settle down to soft marine scent.

Enchantia

I tested this at the MK counter and didn't like it. It smells funny and gives me a chest pain about a minute after I sniff it. The discomfort lingers on long after I left the counter. It'll probably smell great on someone else but for me it's a definite no-no.

sjanira
sjanira

I got this as a gift and it's ok but not one I reach for alot. It does smell aquatic to me and has a summery scent. The color and shape of the bottle is pretty I think.

Aeternitas
Aeternitas

Different, but I don't like it. It has a weird smell in it I can't put my finger on. I think it may be violet? It also smells very fake, it's just not blended together very well.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Michael Kors Island fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Michael Kors Island, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Island by Michael Kors. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Island by Michael Kors represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.