Designers » M » Floral Fruity Gourmand « Groups

Wonderlust Michael Kors for women

Wonderlust Michael Kors for women
dislike

almond
Wonderlust Michael Kors for women Pictures Wonderlust Michael Kors for women Pictures Wonderlust Michael Kors for women Pictures Wonderlust Michael Kors for women Pictures

The concept of “escape” is central to the WONDERLUST story, Michael Kors told WWD. This story, he elaborated, includes a corresponding ad and video campaign depicting the face of the scent: a gold, sequined-dress-clad Lily Aldridge, in an unknown far-flung locale. She is escaping from a yacht into a small speedboat with her paramour, Dutch model Wouter Peelen, into a rose-fueled sunset. As a game on words, Wanderlust (which denotes a great wish of travelling) is the desire for escape in Kors’ collection. The campaign was developed by Mario Testino.

The composition of the new fragrance was created in partnership with Firmenich by perfumers Honorine Blanc and Aurelien Guichard, as gourmand (a synthetic note with “edible,” sweet qualities). The focus lies on the dianthus flower to give Wonderlust the feel of an almond milk that’s been blended with a “spicy, creamy floral.” Top notes of almond milk are accompanied by heliotrope placed at the hart of the fragrance. The base of the composition provides benzoin, a natural resin from Thailand leaving the impression of warmth, and the spicy sweetness of cinnamon.

“I wanted something that’s feminine, not in an insipid way, but in a streamlined, modern way. It’s the same way with the gourmand. The almond milk has something delicious, but not edible or sticky,” the designer continued. “Our girl is looking for a way to experience and have fun but stay within her world.” – as explained by Michael Kors.

MICHAEL KORS WONDERLUST will be available at the price from $62 to $108, accompanied by rollerball flacons priced at $28 and perfumed shower gel priced at $48 starting from the beginning of August 2016.

Almond Milk Bergamot Pink Pepper

Dianthus Heliotrope

Benzoin Sandalwood

Wonderlust Fragrance Reviews

Wendyrachel
Wendyrachel

Lovely scent. Creamy, almondy, warm and sweet. Perfect for summer. Feels quite soft on skin once sprayed so may have high oil/perfume content. Only just purchased it so am yet to wear it around friends and colleagues but I am sure it'll be a pleaser!

charloppe
charloppe

I can´t wear this. I simply smell like a man. It reminds me of Burberry Brit for women where I experienced the same problem.

chimidoro
chimidoro

This is lovely.
However, the notes here mean nothing to me.
For me this is a passion flower, tuberose and lemon sherbet/meringue concoction of sweet, buttery and powdery proportions.

I got a pretty good deal ("best offer" accepted after a bit of bartering...) for 100ml on eBay but the seller was lying, they were actually selling a 50ml.
They didn't even apologize and, in a round about way, basically accused me of being ungrateful for not accepting the 50ml at the price I'd paid under false pretenses.

Typical. No reflection on this lovely scent though.

But having only tried this on paper I can't provide a more thorough review.
This will be mine! Watch this space.

antuan
antuan

I really like this perfume. it's powdery, spicy (i love pink pepper in perfumes), fresh but a little bit sweet: perfect for spring/summer. It's not an intense or too heavy/rich scent, it's not that peculiar but it reminds me about my favorite perfumes like Beyond Paradise (Estee Lauder) and Fuel for Life (Diesel), those kind of perfumes that i like to wear every day, that give me energy every time.

Ggillespie
Ggillespie

If you ever smelled Givenchy's Amarige back in the 90's, this is so so similar. Even my mom kept sniffing her sample, scratching her head, trying to figure it out. The minute I mentioned Amarige (we both wore it about 20 years ago) it's like a light bulb clicked. She completely agreed.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is a powdery mess on my skin . The SA told me that in September they will release a new Wonderlust that smells like JPG FRAGILE ! Can anyone confirm this for me ?

jlfears
jlfears

Wow, what a shapeshifter!

I used the roller (a pal has this and let me try her roller, something I wouldn't do, lol). I only rolled a *little* bit on the back of my (dry) hand.

BOMB. I can't imagine how this would be sprayed, and sprayed on not-dry skin. This is a strong, strong perfume.

The scent:

Take Lancome Poeme. Make it 10x stronger. Take Chloe Narcisse. Make it 10x stronger. Take another (drawing a blank~~can't put finger on the other one this reminds me of) 80s-like heavy floral. Mix them all together. BOOM.

Boom, indeed. It was a gorgeous scent, but way, way, way too strong for me. (I wear Angel and Chinatown, if that tells you anything.)

But wait. It starts to calm down after 20-30 minutes, and you can *kind of* smell something creamy. I had high hopes at this point, but I still knew I would never be able to wait through the headache of the first blast.

But wait. Again. It's Allure eau de toilette, through and through. The notes are almost nothing alike, but this dries down to (the pre-reformulated) Allure EDT on me, dead on.

It's been 2 hours, and it's still like I sprayed my hand with Allure.

I have Allure, and I am going to get either Poeme or Narcisse (again) one of these days, so I won't be upset about passing this one by.

I wish it had that same dreamy-creamy thing going on that some others have experienced. Chemistry.

EDITING: It's more like GAI MATTIOLO, Allure's less expensive, lighter, and creamier sister!!!

iamoir
iamoir

Cute spicy opening, with the bergamot being prominent for quite some time. It's softly balsamic, which I like and approve, and the almond really pairs well with heliotrope. I would like the overall blend to be more pronounced, because it's so lovely and velvety I would want it to project much more. But it's more than heliotrope, it has that medicinal note underneath all, one that makes me want to sniff it all the time. Some coconut as well. Basically Tom Ford Orchid Soleil watered down and sweetened, not as harsh and piercing.

I like it. A yes from me

stargazer_1118
stargazer_1118

Reminds me of rhetoric fields of wild lupine growing in Northern New Hampshire in June. Love this because it is different!

I cannot imagine Wonderlust having anything remotely similar to Allure!! I doesn't in my opinion..Wonderlust is a fresh creamy oriental, Allure a classy Chypre ..

Anichka5
Anichka5

Fell in love with the magazine sample and bought it right away. I am one of the few apparently, who adores this scent! I don't think I will dissect the different notes. While my favourite will always be Kors' first perfume, Michael by Michael Kors, Wonderlust just makes me feel happy and sexy, and I love wearing it. I get so many compliments from other people, so it is making other people happy too. 'Nuff said.

Lucky7z
Lucky7z

I have a mini tester of this and I wanted to like it but NOPE!!!!

Unfortunately this was a floral,powdery mess on me!! And as for anything almond smelling nope nothing at all.

I did get complimented on this while wearing it but that's not enough to make me want a bottle lol once this tester mini is gone that's it for me..

perfumeaddiction
perfumeaddiction

I agree with some of the others. It's pretty but nothing outstanding yet I really do like the sample I smelled. I feel it's one of those "safe" inoffensive scents that I probaby would wear more often just because of that. Help me ladies this smells like another fragrance that eludes me.. what is it?

AlexaBells
AlexaBells

I can see and smell the idea of wanderlust in this. I get it. It's feminine but light and sunny. Yet there's nothing special, no special touch that draws you back.
I can wear it and feel pretty on somedays, not much more.

Astar
Astar

Quite a mediocre scent, in my opinion. Nothing too distinct, one of the many. I can point my finger at heliotrope (extremely potent during the first hour), then the fragrance "grows up" a little bit, but again, never reached this point when it becomes more interesting. It becomes much warmer versus the floral beginning, but also almost sickly sweet. Silage is however present, and it stays on the skin for quite a while.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I love gourmies... and I smelled this is a magazine and really liked it.

It's not gourmand tho. However, I was still willing to buy on the almond note.

Got a full bottle today. And yeah... it's common, generic maybe... mostly a sharp, yet creamy floral-fruity... but it's VERY well done. And I'm glad to have it. It would be a great daytime scent to please everyone and I think the potency/sillage is good so far!

Worn on a proper body/chest/clothing.... I do like this. It's bright, feminine, airy.... decent sillage/potency... but honestly.... this smells like Viva La Juicy on me. Weird!! It does NOT smell like VLJ up close... but I was wearing this and it created a VLJ aura around me. It radiated like VLJ. But otherwise, they are not similar, and this was just my experience.

I still like this, but I knew it would be a WELL DONE fruity-floral-gourmand that is also generic/common.

MissAnnette
MissAnnette

I'm very surprised Jasmine is not listed as it is very prominent on my nose. O_o my nose must be defective.

Moderate sillage
Poor longevity

amna723
amna723

Very pleasant clean floral scent. I think the scent of heliotrope is a lot like jasmine except without the overbearing, cloying after"taste". This is a warm, clean fragrance, very simple. I dont smell much of anything else besides heliotrope, but it's really nice. It reminds me of Coach's signature fragrance.

Loveflower
Loveflower

This one reminds me of Avon far away fragrance with the jasmine notes.

Caledonian77
Caledonian77

It's just nice to come across a gentle, airless floral scent that smells simply heavenly. Sucker for soft, smooth scents especially when they oooze! buckets of warmth but adding that hint of mysterious helitrope powdery sensuality. I found half way through application Wonderlust becomes a little fresh which indeed elevates me as some scents can remain stagnant throughout. The whole experience is like being immersed in glitter while wrapped up in a cosy cashmere sweater while watching the evening sunset.

zsu_13
zsu_13

I was sceptical when testing it but it's a beautiful fragrance: soft, powdery, cozy, warm, pretty, long lasting. I can't stop wearing it since I received a bottle for Christmas. It became my no.1! :o)

theredpony.1
theredpony.1

A nice everyday type scent. Creamy almonds with some powdery floral background. Not a fav by any means. Probably will not buy a FB. A little too generic for me.

auroramaria
auroramaria

This is really quite a beautiful fragrance, creamy slightly sweet and powdery.It is an everyday fragrance nothing groundbreaking but really lovely.Almond milk is currently a popular note in perfumery and it works well in Wonderlust making the scent smell creamy and comforting.
Sillage and longevity are both very good.I think I'll be getting the body care range too as I really love it.

Missmaassen
Missmaassen

ok i am re writing my review because this to me is definitely a autumn and winter scent. Michael is on point with how he describes this perfume. To me Wonderlust and Sexy Amber are my favourites of his. This fragrance is very creamy and milky. i love almond in fragrances. It is definitely romantic and captivating. This one is perfect for fall as it is so comforting. longevity and silage are good too, 7hrs+ . x

dttk
dttk

smells similar to burberry brit, which i used to like a lot at college. both have almond.
now i think mk wonderlust is nice, i might like it on someone if i smell, but it's just ok for my taste.

nettoyant
nettoyant

This is a sandalwood scent spiked with bright bergamot/sweet and sour citrus fruit, powdery heliotrope, spicy carnation and probably jasmine (definitely a white flower of some sort). I think the almond is maybe overwhelmed by the sandalwood or blends in so I really can't sense it. It is a nice balance between classic and modern - modern because it hasn't been dirtied up with amber, patchouli, leather etc. It's pretty and pleasing for anyone who enjoys warm but bright scents. It's not boring like some have suggested, it's actually quite sexy. Sandalwood heavy scents are always sexy to me. The top notes are very fruity and generic, it's the dry down where I get musky sandalwood sexiness.

BrittneyN
BrittneyN

Lovely, cozy, and uplifting are words I would describe for this scent. It's creamy, a bit sweet, and fruity. The Dianthus and Almond milk notes are the most prominent on me at first application, with the pink pepper and benzion coming out at the drydown. Would work for all seasons IMO. The longevity is good, silage is moderate.

CycoEva
CycoEva

All I'm getting is synthetic Honeysuckles.

OTA Mom
OTA Mom

I just couldn't find anything with this one that stands out enough to comment on, so generic.

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

On me it's a beautiful floral fragrance. I thought there was tuberose in it. Nice silage and longevity, perfect for all seasons.

neonaya
neonaya

Tried this one today in Macy’s. First thought was OMG this is exactly like Amarige Givenchy i smelled in 90’s! But after 15 minutes the perfume began to change. First sparkling notes were changed by more calm powdery tones. It was very interesting transformation, cause next hour I recognized notes of Mimosa flower, Orange candy, White flowers, Daisies… Perfume changed and I enjoyed every new tone it brought to me. Right now (4 hour later) I definitely can say that initial floral perfume turned into balsamic scent that un-offencively exist on my skin. I would describe it like vanilla cream and orange. Very comfortable. I think I will buy it.

A very nice warm, sweet and spicy scent. I sense almond and spices the most.
It's not the most unique, outstanding fragrance, but likeable for sure.
I'm pleased with the scent, it's my favorite from the scents I tried today.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This smells so good! prob my fav. MK release thus far..A creamy almond accord over a floriental base. I didn't really think gourmand with this it may be ever so slightly sweet but don't let the description fool you if you're not big on sweet scents. It's Enchanting & playful on the nose, I deff. enjoyed more on my skin then the paper strip..to me it was like Narciso Rodriguez Narciso & Sexy Amber had an offspring. Not offensive & deff. not boring, I'm sure you will get asked multiple times what is that lovely scent you're wearing. Sillage & longevity both excellent!; really enjoyed this one! :D

Snuffeltje
Snuffeltje

I could have sworn there was Ylang Ylang in it, but apparently not.
Like it.

jswtnsourh
jswtnsourh

Agree with many of the other reviews- this smells like something I've smelled many times before. It's sweet and generic, although I wouldn't necessarily call this inoffensive. If you overspray and walk into a crowd, this could definitely displease some.

Now about those almond notes... I'm not getting any at all. It's mostly just floral on my skin which is unfortunate because I was so excited for the almond!

Even though jasmine is not listed as in ingredient, the drydown on me is almost completely jasmine.

ru2
ru2

love this perfume. It was between this and coral, and I felt this was better as it was warmer and more comforting - exactly what I was looking for in an autumn/winter everyday scent. It just envelopes you in warmth and niceness! I also liked how it wasn't sickly sweet or too strong! A lot of people are saying that its just way too common/similar but for what I'm looking for, this perfume was perfect. Really enjoying it so far.

beatrix75
beatrix75

It's me it is my smell! Powder creamy almond and rose pepper/ flowers with warm and cuddly undertones I love this scent.longevity is very good unbelievable long lasting!!!!

sarage

This is my 2nd review on Wonderlust. It bothered me that I smelled only the strong pepper note and found nothing beautiful in it, when other reviews are more positive.
Today I tested it again in another shop, and my goodness, what a difference!
The strong and screechy pepper note is there in the opening, but fades away and the dry down is something more soft, warm yet energetic and elegant.
A businesswoman on heels could wear this.
Also this is perfect for the fall season and I do smell some almond now.
I still don't love the opening notes but after all it is the dry down that is more important.
Good longevity and stylish bottle. (Plus I want the free bag with zebra pattern!)

tijgetje
tijgetje

To me this parfume is not boring at all. I think it's very unique smell. I never smelled something simular. I think it's the dianthus and heliotrope. To me it smells tropical but in a fresh way. Only the opening is a bit sharp because of the pepper and citrus. But almond makes it right. At the end it's a warm and cosy parfume because of benzoin.

It stayes on my skin for hours! Even the next morning I can smell it on my shirt.:-) I love this parfume because it stands out in a good way.

My husband likes this one to. He also says when it's not ok ;-)

fuzzybutt59
fuzzybutt59

Boring & inoffensive.

hiuhime
hiuhime

The most inoffensive perfume I've ever tested. If you're looking for a pleasant, pretty but nondescript office scent, look no further. The most I can say is that the bottle is lovely but I agree with another reviewer that there are other perfumes in this genre that are done better - specifically Angel Muse.

jockinjb
jockinjb

This is a nice creamy, warm fall fragrance. It's very pleasant and inoffensive, however it still has layers to it that would appeal to some Fragrantican veteran noses. My boyfriend hardly ever likes perfume despite my obsession, but after smelling this on me (when I tested it) he insisted on buying me a bottle. He prefers this one over Angel Muse.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

I sampled this at Macy's today. I agree with the review below that it has a dominant pepper note, but more so in the drydown. To me, the perfume comes off as a silky soft sweet scent with a bit of maturity, for which the pepper is the culprit. It's nice...I can imagine a business woman in a beige suit wearing this. After it dries down, it sort of smells like a very sweet version of Lacoste Pour Femme. I don't smell almonds or almond milk or anything milky. In the drydown, there's also something salty. To me, this just smells like a rich woman.

sarage

There was a sales promotion of Wonderlust in my city's biggest and fanciest department store.

They offered a silver coloured Michael Kors tote as a free gift to all who buy the perfume.
Bags are my other passion, and I wanted to like Wonderlust.

I kept smelling my wrist every now and then during my stay, and I never found out the character of this fragrance.
Almond milk? Really?
I thought, according to the notes, this would be a seasonal scent, perfect for fall. But I did not catch the spirit or the character of it.

I smelled a strong, almost dominant pepper note.
I did not like it.
I need something soft, warm and cozy for this season, nothing peppery!
I don't think this is fresh or soapy or girly, like some other reviews say. But maybe that is part of Wonderlust's nature, it doesn't have a clear idea.

The strong pepper note ruined this for me.

Tovah
Tovah

This disappointed me. On me it smells like a cheap version of Valentina. It doesn't smell even remotely like any Dianthus I've ever smelled. I didn't smell anything like almond milk, either, and I drink almond milk all the time. Of course, the official blurb says, "luxurious blossoms mingled with delectably spiced notes that melt into a warm finish of exotic woods", which means, "Any flower you think you can smell plus any spice you can name, and any note you cannot recognize is some kinda wood. Trust us." To me this smells strongly of tuberose, generic fruit, and that popular cashmere-sandalwood thing that's replaced fruitchouli for being in every new department store fragrance. It has incredible longevity (of course, because I didn't like it), and I couldn't even wash it off after two showers. I tried covering it up with Tocca Florence, but it devoured the jasmine in minutes. I think my problem with this might not be the fragrance itself as much as the fact that it reminds me of the beautiful, rare, masterfully crafted Valentina. It's such a shame to take away the joyful surprise of smelling something unique.

Eh
Nothing groundbreaking or unique.
Reminds me of Donna Karan white liquid cashmere. Same feel.

cara94
cara94

I'm finding this one very hard to review. I have mixed feelings...

To me, upon first sniff when I sprayed was "Oh...hmm...pleasant...I think? Wait..."

It has an inoffensive sweet smell. I'm not too great at detecting notes yet but I did figure out what it reminds me of.

(Pls don't hate me perfume lovers, at that MK lovers), but it kind of reminds me of cleaning product. Kind of like the cleaning wipes used for preschool plastic toys. I have zero idea why this makes me think of that. But I know we as people do link smell to memory and this just makes me think of clean plastic toys. And a lot like the lavender vanilla air wick spray actually. That's what I'm missing. It's like when air freshners try to put together lavender and vanilla and it's not necessarily a bad smell, I kinda like it.. That's how I feel about this.

I really love almond and don't know the difference between almond milk (which is in this) and just almond but I did not pick up the almond milk. But it somehow is kind of milky and floral in my opinion.

With all of that I really mean it when I say I don't dislike it necessarily. To me it smells inoffensive and kind of calming. I'd rather have this scent in a candle.

Moderate lasting power and sillage is soft to moderate on me.

youreyes
youreyes

A soft, sunny and pretty scent, and not too sweet. Surprisingly good longetivity.

tabitha106
tabitha106

MK's Wonderlust opens with a fresh citrusy note adding a brightness to the warmth that follows. The citrus is definitely needed to counter the warm sweetness of almond milk--which I was not familiar with. On me it's very nice and not too sweet. Rather a warm sweet floral with a very nice earthy dry-down. Plenty of compliments on this one especially from the guys! I agree with others who find it hard to classify this fragrance as "gourmand". But that may not be a bad thing since some gourmand scents tend to over-do the rich sweetness. Personally, I love the Michael Kors fragrances for their lasting power and sillage. All of them actually stay on my skin for a long time. Wonderlust is not was I was expecting, but it's still a very nice fragrance that will be lovely this fall.

SmokeySings789
SmokeySings789

I agree with the reviewers who say this is nondescript and nothing special or unique. To me this is very sweet and I detect no almond nor any of the other accords listed. To me this smells like a celeb type of perfume. Very sweet and very girly. I just detect a boatload of sweetness with this, and barely any floral or sandalwood, perhaps only if I really strain my nose I can detect a very slight hint of floral and sandalwood. But this is just an overly sweet perfume for me. Not headache-inducing sweet, but light. I do agree this is not overpowering and could be safe to wear at school or the office. Just all in all a very average highly sweet fragrance for me.

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

Nondescript.
Its nice, not offensive for work scent. Its watery and thin to me. The almond and heliotrope softness is there in a gentle lilt not dialed up like it is in Datura Noir. Its a very soft gourmand, and id call that a stretch with more almond milky tones rather than gourmand.

If you like:
Nice light work scent
Not too flashy
Daytime to use around mom or family

I think Angel Muse, Olympea or Si is better in its genre.

nadineitani
nadineitani

A beautiful mix of flowers and almond scent.

Top notes are very nice, sparkly and light. Middle notes are strange though. Hard to describe. I like this scent, but it's not like 100% me.

Update: I've tested it again and again I don't know how to describe middle notes. LOL

aqua76239
aqua76239

Gourmand? What? Where? Where is that almond milk? For the life of me I can't understand why its classified as gourmand since its not even very sweet.
I get a bit of citrus at the start, then its all about sweeter florals and hint of powders and woods at the drydown.
That's what my nose smells. As another reviewer said, I felt like I smelled similar notes in several other fragrances.
Its not bad but I am not excited about it and not planning on purchasing.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

I admit I am a little disappointed in Wonderlust! It's not a bad fragrance, but each phase of it smells like something I've smelled several times before in other perfumes. So I agree with genny17 that, at least for me, it was a bit nondescript and didn't make a strong impression. I got some bergamot and pink pepper in the opening, so overall that part was a bit green-spicy-fresh, and I could detect some soft florals moving in, but I can't say I specifically smelled heliotrope or almond milk, and the dry down was a standard creamy blond wood and pale amber scent (here the benzoin is behaving like soft amber to my nose). Nice, but it really didn't make much of an impact on me! In fact, the base of Wonderlust smelled so familiar, that I pulled out my bottle of St John edp for women, sprayed my other wrist, waited a couple hours for the dry down, and it was exactly the same as Wonderlust. But overall, I find St John more mature, with stronger bitter facets in the opening.

The whole time I was wearing Wonderlust, I just couldn't help thinking of what might be a little girl's bubble bath. It's somewhat floral, a little soapy in a freshly-bathed-gel-soap type of way, and a little creamy like generic vanilla soap scents...but overall, totally uninspiring for me!

scentnewbie
scentnewbie

Not a review, as I haven't sampled it myself, but I'm confused because Michael Kors described this scent in August's Marie Claire as "...the freshness of Italian bergamot and mandarin, as well as jasmine" but that sounds nothing like the description above. Hmm

Ok, I have to rewrite my review, as when I first tried Wonderlust, I didnt like it..today, upon wearing it again, I get a much better impression, so I will say give it time! the top notes are fresh, with a soft floral undertone, must be the carnation!? it still has that spicy watery vibe, but I detect a bit of a sweet note, maybe the almond milk!? not sure
I like it, but I don't love it..
The cinammon gives it that interesting watery spicy vibe, it isn't too much though, just enough, to me it is a fresh spicy scent
I get frustrated with Guichard' s creations, they tend to be a bit non descriptive, and looking at the notes I expected something different
Wonderlust smells like a lot of other fragrances, it isnt a bad thing but it isnt overall real impressive to me..
will continue wearing it, and I feel it might do better in colder weather
longevity is good, and the trail it leaves on my skin is actually warm, and pretty!
Had compliments today, seems other people like the smell, men especially!

lesecretforme

Hmmmm. Maybe I'll like this one!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Michael Kors Wonderlust fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Michael Kors Wonderlust, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Wonderlust by Michael Kors. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Wonderlust by Michael Kors represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.