Designers » M » Chypre Floral « Groups

Fleurs de Sel Miller Harris for women
dislike

herbal
salty

Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris is a Chypre Floral fragrance for women. Fleurs de Sel was launched in 2007. Top notes are rosemary, thyme, clary sage, angelica and salt; middle notes are iris, rose and narcissus; base notes are leather, amber, oakmoss and vetiver.

Rosemary Thyme Clary Sage Angelica Salt

iris Rose Narcissus

Leather Amber Oakmoss Vetiver

Week End a Deauville
Aria di Mare

Fleurs de Sel Fragrance Reviews

Black_Swan
Black_Swan

I totally agree with shushkin below in saying this is a mistake on the part of Fragrantica to list this as a female scent. Everywhere else I've seen this, it is listed as unisex. It is DEFINITELY unisex, and I would agree even leaning toward masculine. Men would be missing out on a treat by overlooking this one. It's an aromatic, salty vetiver dream with a slight touch of flowers - perfect for summer. Don't be scared off by the sharp opening - the dry down is soft and gorgeous - woody and slightly smoky, and a little sweeter so women can rock this just as well as men. If you're looking for an authentic, salty "beachy" rather than a sweet tropical "beachy" this is definitely worth a try. Luca Turin calls this a seaside bouquet, and I'd say he was right on. Because it's so expensive to get here in the States, I'm not sure I will spring for a full bottle, but the scent is definitely FB worthy for me. I'll just have to see how sad I feel when I finish my sample...

Ivyswirl
Ivyswirl

Loved it on first spritz!

I opened this early in the morning as I started off a long drive to the Scottish coast, thinking that the salt would be a good match and the herbal feel would be calming and nd fresh. Not quite correct but I love it! This reminds me of Dzongkha by L'artisan but without the sweet liquorice note! I think it's the herbal leather but it's so smooth under the salt and warm too! I'd say it would work as a unisex but I don't fancy sharing! Excellent work by a fail proof brand!
Sillage and longevity is pretty good as usual for Miller Harris!

shushkin
shushkin

A bit perplexed why it says for women as its clearly unisex. If anything perhaps leaning towards the masculine. Strong aromatic/herbal creation. Equally herbal as salty. Very tasty. I cant say I think of the sea. It smells like one of my herbal mixes that I add to cooking.
This would be excellent to wear on a hot sunny day as it is refreshing and almost biting in its herbal strength. The sage, narcissus and vetiver certainly add plenty of kick. This could possible be migraine inducing!
I appreciate it for what it is and will let my fella have this to wear when it is hot. Strong sillage and good longevity.

sebeck666
sebeck666

dry, green, minty seabreeze... cooling, enveloping... i can detect some of the green/salty top notes + a trace of dry peppery leather... drydown seems to be a little bit sweeter. a very nice , comforting, dry summer scent!!!

Layla54
Layla54

This is expensive but I read all the reviews and thought it sounded so glorious I had to go for it. Classic mistake not to have tried it first, of course. I actually find it unpleasant from the opening notes to the base notes and everything in between. As soon as I took the cellophane off this antiseptic, hospital smell hit me. Then I tried it and it only got worse; there are some lavenders that don't smell soft and feminine, but harsh and medicinal instead and that's what this is. It even felt like it was scorching the place on my arm that I'd sprayed it - maybe that was psychosomatic!

brixtonbruxelles
brixtonbruxelles

It reminds me of drinking Campari sodas in the south of France :)

ParfumAmour
ParfumAmour

This is very savory. The pungent salt and herb mix with a leather backdrop are masculine and sensual. This comes across very much as a modern cologne, though it is technically unisex. Thirty minutes later the base notes dominate, with leather being the heaviest, and a pleasant rosemary and thyme add a bare hint of sweetness.

Shimoldeam
Shimoldeam

I must admit I was pretty apprehensive about this scent after reading the varied reviews, but it is glorious. It opens with a big hit of rosemary and salt, then quite quickly softens to an earthy herby scent, with the salt present but not overpowering throughout. I don't detect any floral notes at all. I can see the confusion whether this is feminine or masculine as a lot of the notes are masculine, but I think it is more on the feminine side, although a strong one at that! I can't wait to wear this in summer, as it instantly takes me to a cliff top with a strong wind coming in from the sea and beautiful coastal plants underfoot. Another challenging yet beautiful Miller Harris masterpiece!

DR521
DR521

The wonder of this composition is that here we have a marine fragrance with salt instead of the usual chemical ozone note. Sprayed out of a bottle it feels like a hit of sea air, you can actually smell the salt, over a sharpness of herbs supported by florals that are clean and not sweet, mimicking the freshness and vibrant nature of windblown air and underneath mossy earthy green underpinnings. This base is well blended, you can pick out the individual qualities but the olfactory impression is sunny earthy vegetation including flowers and grasses with the marine air over them, as it never gets too dark. I guess over time the story goes from a windy day to stillness, as the top notes wear off and the heart opens up and takes us into the dry down. The leather is soft and feels like it connects the body to this natural landscape. It's a great summer perfume.

sofiebgoode
sofiebgoode

the rose in this is a surprise, reminiscent of the uber rose in ysl paris. this is the parisienne who has a weekend house in britanny (as imagined by an englishwoman, lyn harris :-)).

i like to layer this with other, tamer marine fragrances to add some naturalistic realness to them.

Walking Unicorn
Walking Unicorn

When I first put this on I could have sworn I smelled spicy wood and incense. Then I looked at the notes and was completely surprised that this consists of a bunch of herbs. After the dry down I could smell the salt, thyme, clary sage, oakmoss and vetiver, a nice herb garden. About an hour later I noticed the smell of men's cologne and it was on me. This started out nice but turned out to be too masculine for me to wear.

Majesty
Majesty

Fleurs de Sel to my nose is a spicy , herbal , earthy perfume with predominant notes of clary sage , thyme and salt . On my skin it is very herbal , quite spicy with a fresh aura that leans towards the masculine side . A breezy , earthy spicy fragrance , definitely complex .it doesn't change a lot . The opening and the drydown is quite similar on me . Average lasting power and low silage .

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

A bit artificial and delivering nowadays' niche signature "mono-dimensionality", in other words lacking a bit in depth, charme and substance, but a remarkable a partially well executed idea. Basically, Fleurs de Sel is a sort of subtle, icy, sharp and sheer leather scent with a bold salt note, some pepper, dry "culinary" herbs and light floral notes – those also, delicate and cold, all wrapped up in a synthetic aura of Iso E and eugenol (the pungent cloves note). I said the idea is remarkable because the concept of an icy, grey-azure scent is not that common, and the peculiar personality halfway austere and shady, but also cozy and quiet like "before the storm", is unusual and fascinating, and somehow "works". Sadly the notes themselves are materially barely decent, all a bit pale and dull (not in a creative way, I fear: just more because of quality limits), and the light leather accord is honestly fairly depressing – as it basically smells like something any novice can build with a $20 purchase from Perfumer's Apprentice; but apart all of that, the concept itself is so nice it almost "saves" the scent from smelling cheap. Worth a try, not a purchase unless it's really a good deal on the price.

6,5/10

nero77
nero77

Well, this is another triumph for Lynn Harris... A scent which evokes the outdoors (specifically a little town in Brittany called "Batz sur Mer" where Lynn Harris used to spend her childhood holidays). The name "Fleurs du Sel" relates to the process of collecting the top grains of salt from the salt making process. So the idea is to evoke a setting where people are sitting by the sea, in the midst of nature, making salt.

What I get from this is a great mix between salt, earth and dry herbs. It's a very dry, aromatic fragrance. Herbs like sage, rosemary, thyme all dry and sprinkled with salt. There is also a floral backup to "soften" the whole composition. Even though this has salt and herbs, for some reason I find it very refreshing. It's incredibly well blended and softened by notes such as rose, iris and vetiver. It's not as harsh as you would think, and it has a great drydown of vetiver and sweet leather. A really great fragrance. It's not all about the salt (and to be honest I've tried much drier/saltier fragrances than this and this is quite soft and subtle in comparison).

kanashimiblue
kanashimiblue

Omg, what a complex, strong, cologne. Really high quality ingredients used in this one. It lasts and lasts. It's bergamot, vetiver, and a lot of green herbs so intricately woven together like a green, grassy, citrusy tapestry that's been lightly sprinkled with sea salt. It's a masterpiece but not really for me.

slapdash
slapdash

Fleurs de Sel awakens my senses like few other fragrances can. It's breathing in the great outdoors and suddenly feeling truly alive.

To be clear, this is no rendition of pristine and sun-kissed rolling fields. There is neither clean mountain air nor the sweet aroma of white flowers carried along a gentle breeze.

Instead, you have an unpromising landscape upon which to inspire a fragrance. A stirring wind. Dull greens, muted yellows and harsh browns. Tall reeds, coarse grass, thick bracken and knotted roots resting atop a brine-soaked wetland. Despite appearances though, there is a thriving, aroma-rich underbelly that is well worth exploring.

Things begin with a nose-tingling experience of punchy wild herbs and astringent green flora - flitting between medicinal, mentholated and mineral. It's seemingly a lot to handle but it's suitably contained. Mid-development the fragrance has mellowed with a soft iris, yet intermittently perks up again with hits of the underlying salt base. A persistent leather note works wonders: it binds, gives depth, acts as an olfactory distraction. I should add that I experience no woody facets here. Rather, it's strongly herbaceous.

Fleurs de Sel is a slice of nature that's been fully imagined and perfectly realised.

Hats off to Lyn Harris.

Laurensz
Laurensz

My first wearing of this perfume today. I am three hours into the perfume and I do enjoy it enormously. I never smelled a salt marsh and it's vegetation but if this is it, I will go and visit. I am getting whiffs of different scents constantly, it changes all the time. Find it truly amazing that one can create a perfume like this.

henri345que
henri345que

This is an amazing scent from Miller Harris. For me, it`s simple and complex at the same time, and always chic and structured. The main impression that i have is of a leathery fragrance wich is in the midway of the heavy leathery aroma of classics and the soft suedish touch of modern fragrances. And orchestrated with the leather you have a complex bouquet of herbs and flowers that creates an aura which is always green but with different aspects of green during the evolution: starting more sharp and herbal and going towards a green musky, slightly flowery aroma. The salty touch of ambrette seed is noticed during all the fragrance, but more after one hour. It does a beautiful bridge between the leather impression, the herbs and the flowers used. One of the bests from the brand and a incredible unissex frag.

Ditta70
Ditta70

I got a sample of this in London the other day, and when I tested it last night, without checking this database, I was absolutely sure this is a masculine, or unisex, at best. I am very much surprized to find, that it meant to be a feminine fragrance. To my taste it is totally, 100% masculine, and one that failed to impress me. I wouldn't even like it on my husband, to be honest. To my nose it is more sour than salty, sour, dry, metallic, and I find it rather irritating. Unfortunately for me both the staying power and projection are very good. Definitely not a keeper.

BettyNoir
BettyNoir

Gorgeous! lots of herbs: Thyme and Clary Sage, bedding down into Leather and Vetiver with a bit of salt spray. Does what it says it's going to. Marvellous. A tad masculine, but that's fine by me.

AnyaZ
AnyaZ

This is not a fragrance I wear every day, but for the right mood it is very nice; it is a complex, natural and aromatic poem of scents that keeps talking to me, at times it gets slightly annoying (cough syrup?), but mostly, it is woody, free and mysterious (cooler climate coastal vegetation?) and has a bit of florals to soften the oakmoss. I like it best after about 30 minutes.

d_l_esmond
d_l_esmond

Incredibly complex, dynamic fragrance. If shifts between herbal, fresh and green spice that leads into something medicinal, and also strong leather and whiskey. Very hard to pin down as it keeps changing, although the leather remains a constant feature for me.

The initial opening impression is whiskey, but one can immediately unpack that into the thyme, rosemary, clary sage, all coming together into a bracing medicinal or herbalist vapor (a similar impact as in Terre de Bois, currently my favourite from MH). The leather is there, a bit stronger than I would like, probably amplified by the iris. The salt comes later, not marine, but more imbued with vegetal and woody undertones, although a bit of table salt with iodine surfaces now and again. It manages to convey at the same time freshness (the green herbs) and some kind of confinement (the leather), with the salt coming into it more as an effort of the imagination and maybe tying the two together.

Excellent staying power, good projection. More of a daytime or afternoon wear, but would work in the evening, too.

There is some confusion about whether this is a feminine or masculine or unisex fragrance (currently, on the Miller Harris website it is listed for men). I am more inclined to say that this is predominantly masculine, but very appropriate for assertive, strong, sensible women. Definitely not girly, but not hyper-masculine either, as far away from fragrance gender stereotypes as possible. A serious grown-up scent, sophisticated and a tad complicated.

As in the case of LA PLUIE, the name of Miller Harris FLEURS DE SEL is going to set up some expectations among people. This is not a floral fragrance at all, for one thing.

Fleur de sel is an epicurean sea salt, so one might suppose that this would be a very salty perfume. Against all expectations, FLEURS DE SEL is a totally woody perfume, with an incense-like vibe imparted perhaps by the mixture of the vetiver, the oakmoss, and the flowers.

I've worn this creation a couple of times now and it in each case it has conjured up in my mind memories of Bond no 9 ANDY WARHOL SILVER FACTORY. The difference is that this pseudo-incense perfume does not have the "silver" or metallic facet of the Bond no 9.

I think that this smells really great, but it's more unisex than feminine and even leans toward the masculine side. In wafts, I even find myself thinking of Lalique ENCRE NOIRE while wearing FLEURS DE SEL. Is it ink or is it incense? Maybe a bit of both, at least in terms of its final effect, whatever the intended notes were meant to have been.

padraiginrua
padraiginrua

I really wanted to like this--love the name, respect for Harris but the woods in here were so off-putting. What was supposed to read as driftwood perhaps just conjured up the old wood of a barn. That special wood that is infused with rot and animal badness. If anyone wants my sample let me know. :(

Woody green with minty notes that remind of me of true eucalyptus. Great cool herbal woody scent, easily unisex. Somehow mind-clearing,like a breeze on a crisp summer morning.

maggiesmeow
maggiesmeow

i think lyn harris is a genius.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Miller Harris Fleurs de Sel, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Fleurs de Sel by Miller Harris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.