Designers » M » Woody « Groups

Molinard Homme I Molinard for men

Molinard Homme I Molinard for men
dislike

Molinard Homme I by Molinard is a Woody fragrance for men. Molinard Homme I was launched in 1996. Top notes are lavender, pelargonium, cloves, myrrh and myrtle; middle notes are virginian cedar, guaiac wood and mint; base notes are patchouli, oakmoss and vetiver.

Lavender Pelargonium Cloves Myrrh Myrtle

Virginian Cedar Guaiac Wood Mint

Patchouli Oakmoss Vetiver

Ma Liberte

Molinard Homme I Fragrance Reviews

JoeMacchiato
JoeMacchiato

My first impression: old school(in a good way), barber shop, oak moss heavy.

mrluctoretemergo
mrluctoretemergo

as much as i ADORE molinard III, i dislike this one...it smells like i don't know how to describe this...like creamy cementy dust or dusty cementy cream with a medicinal green whiff coming behind it all...if this makes sense at all... :o)

sorry a no go for this guy...

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

I read this mostly as a patchouli scent with a little oakmoss. Longevity is, indeed, poor. I suspect this will be a much more successful scent for the spring or summer than in the dead of winter.

It's kind of blah; it doesn't really stand out from the crowd.

It was a blind buy - in fact, a Christmas present. I won't do a blind buy ever again, so this was probably worth the money.

I "like" it - but just barely.

---------

I traded this and some Halston 1-12 I didn't like for some vintage Antaeus. MUCH better. No more blind buys!

petrus
petrus

Mou de Molinard.

Senteur 6.5/10 Le début laissait augurer un développement subtil et harmonieux (grâce à la myrrh ?), et bien pas du tout : les jolies notes de têtes s'effondrent pour laisser place à une fougère discrète, d'un type déjà démodé à son lancement. Ce n'est pas désagréable, c'est juste ennuyeux : on a mieux ailleurs, bien mieux, dans les parfums des années 80 (Azzaro, Quorum, Drakkar Noir).

Sillage 1/2 Sillage discret, assez étonnant. C'est du Quorum dévirilisé en quelque sorte, idéal pour le bureau - mais encore une fois, quel ennui !

Longévité 2/2 Tient ses six heures.

Masculinité 0.5/2 Discret, sans caractère, démodé... pas franchement masculin, ça.

Evolution 0.5/4 Cf senteur : effondrement de la subtilité initiale, c'est dommage.

Total : 10.5/20

Na0
Na0

This is one of the best cheap but good "medicinal" fragrances I ever smelled. Fresh and relaxing, this is perfect for spring days.

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

It's a unique mix of mint, lavender, wood, incense and something sweet. It's quite fresh even though there is something thick and syrupy about it in the first hour.

You get two fragrances for the price of one in this. An opening of nice lavender, patchouli, pine and hints of citrus with a later dry-down of myrrh, mint, cloves, patchouli, creamy woods and incense gently wafting behind.

If you like oakmoss infused masculine fragrances this might be worth a try too because it has a touch of that lingering in the background.

Overall a quality scent that gets better as it dries. Good longevity for me - around 6 hours and nice not overly-aggressive sillage.

High quality ingredients - Molinard distills many of their essences themselves - which gives it the great price. Unfortunately, it often get's mistaken for a cheap fragrance because of that even though one would expect to pay 3x as much for comparable quality.

akheperure
akheperure

I just got a bottle of this one today, and I love it.
Clean, decent, and just right.
It reminds me of Mediterranean forests in summer.
I'll be wearing it myself, never mind that I'm not a guy...

WAUW, the notes of this one look so amazing! I have had this perfume forever, I will test it out today!!

Molinard I is more of an aromatic than a woody scent. Lavender and cloves are what seem to stand out the most to my nose.

I was introduced to this fragrance by a sales assistant shortly after testing Santos de Cartier. She described it as being a very classic fragrance, one which would appeal to those more mature men that seek conservative fragrances for their wardrobe.

I don't agree with the classic reference, however this fragrance is conservative. It's very basic in its approach, being somewhat one-dimensional, and having poor longevity, which is another downfall.

Molinard I is not signature material, however the scent itself is very soothing. Funny as it might sound, this fragrance would make an excellent bed-time scent. The lavender and soft woods would bring with it a peaceful night's sleep.

Despite my lack of enthusiasm for this fragrance, I do believe it would be a lot more well-known had it been packaged differently. The bottle is so plain that I would have walked past this fragrance and dismissed it entirely had I not been introduced to it by the pushy sales assistant.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molinard Molinard Homme I fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Molinard Molinard Homme I, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Molinard Homme I by Molinard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Molinard Homme I by Molinard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.