Designers » M » « Groups

Molinard Homme II Molinard for men

Molinard Homme II Molinard for men
dislike

Molinard Homme II by Molinard is a fragrance for men. Molinard Homme II was launched in 1996. Top notes are artemisia, juniper berries, bay leaf and sicilian mandarin; middle notes are orange, virginian cedar, coriander and lavender; base notes are honey, singapore patchouli, bourbon vanilla and vetiver.

Artemisia Juniper Berries Bay Leaf Sicilian Mandarin

Orange Virginian Cedar Coriander Lavender

Honey Singapore Patchouli Bourbon Vanilla Vetiver

Fleur du Mâle

Molinard Homme II Fragrance Reviews

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

What happened to my original review?

Anyway, I bought this and wore it only to find out, over time, it struck me as just plain weird. I tried and I tired, but no, I could not come to terms with it. So I don't really like it anymore and shall be giving it away as a white elephant exchange gift this Christmas!

pete2784
pete2784

I got surprised by the scent because it reminds me of several female perfumes, the likes of Shalimar, but also f. ex. of Gant Silver for men. It's definitely more on a heavy side and long-lasting. It's not a fresh and clean you get from this. It's more for an evening and for intimacy. This scent is either a winner or a total wannabe-loser. It's a statement perfume, nothing in between.

shavenonthedarkside
shavenonthedarkside

This is a Joop! toned down, not as cloying, not too sweet, and barbershop scent as a youtube frag review stated. I agree. It becomes very BARBERSHOP powdery in the dry down. It smells just the the powder the barber uses to get the hair clippings off you neck at the end of a haircut. It is a scent perfect to spray yourself with after every hair cut for the next three days, while the haircut is looking sharp. BUT NOT only then. It is a great signature scent. No cloying, offensive, too strong, or too weak. It last 2/3 hours, but as I always say, at the price point you can reapply and spray liberally.

Celeria
Celeria

Great alternative to fleur du male , it's less floral than Fleur du male but more creamy , balmy with a nice vanilla.

It looks like a lot to Fleur du Male in the opening and the middle , but the drydowns get in different ways , fleur du male remains a lot floral when this one is more vanillic.

Performances are also different , Fleur du Male is a performance beast , and it projects for long hours , this one is more subtle and last not so much but is still very discernable for 4-5 hours.

I prefer this one over Fleur du Male in the scent itself, but the performance makes me think that these two are equals..

talldarkroast
talldarkroast

Blind bought all three, and promptly discarded all three. They are cheap, and for a reason. Save your money and get something else.

X-hot
X-hot

Unique.. good for day time, Smells nice.

Rossyh
Rossyh

Wanted to love this after seeing the notes and all the reviews for it but even at a measly £20 it was a disappointing blind buy for me.

It's possibly one of the strangest fragrances I've come across and unfortunately not in a good way. To me it smells like the original Joop but an earthy version. I'm not Joops biggest fan as it is so to make it worse is a feat and a half.

I tried to give it as long as possible but after an hour I had to wash it off as it began to turn my stomach. Very few fragrances make me rather not want to wear anything at all, this is one of them.

Thinking about giving my bottle as a present but after experiencing it I think I'd be embarrassed to.

1/10.

chorando
chorando

Molinard Homme II has an awful lot going for it.Whilst similar to Joop Homme and Fleur du Male , Molinard Homme II has a sunnier disposition than both. The honeyed orange blossom is beautiful imparting a sense of well being. The mix is warming,comforting and draws the nose back for more. Softer than both the joop and the gaultier. Before getting aquainted with Homme II my go to orange blossom scent was fleur du male which is still a firm favourite, however The Molinard offers me something more with its harmony and consonance throughout the journey from top to bottom. If you already have Fleur du Male I would say there is absolutely room in your wardrobe for Homme II. Whilst there are similarities, the differences are intriguing in the same way familial differences between siblings are intriguing. You see they come from the same family and yet their distinct personalities make their similarities wholly engaging when placed within a different cluster of quirks and foibles.

Na0
Na0

I blind bought the whole Homme series, and this one is so far my favorite ! (but the two other ones are great too !) :o

I won't write a long review, my predecessors said everything you have to know about this one.

But I confirm its insane quality ! Longevity, sillage, ingredients, absolutely amazing and really great value !!

For the smell itself, it begins with floral notes, and slowly transforms on a gourmand honey/vanilla combo with a spicy background (hmm, the coriander !)

This is so very unique, I haven't smelled an amazing one like that before. Go for it blindly, for the price, you won't regret it !

IMsooKool4Real
IMsooKool4Real

A very nice Spring & Autumn fragrance! The bourbon vanilla and honey notes are great in this one and define the fragrance throughout it's life. It is a very clear fragrance - very smooth and not the least bit cloying. There are also some clean herbal green notes in the dry-down

There are definite similarities with Fleur Du Male (FDM) but there are some important yet subtle differences to me ...

Molinard is sweeter from the honey note and has a little less orange blossom/neroli (the strongest note of FDM along with chamomile).

Molinard II is less floral in the dry-down yet it shares some of the orange blossom note with FDM. This note seems to be the longest lasting note in both fragrances which might add to them feeling similar. The combination of vanilla and honey notes in Molinard II makes it sweeter than FDM until the final couple hours where it turns less sweet when the honey note fades.

Fluer du Male has a noticeable chamomile (I get no chamomile in the Molinard), FDM is more floral, sunny, dusty, the orange flower is drier, and has an ivory soap type note from what seems to be jasmine sambac not in Molinard II.

While Molinard II stays sweet, honey, vanilla and much less floral until the shared orange flower dry-down. The vanilla lasts a long time along with the honey and it is more a syrupy scent then the powdery FDM.

If you like neroli, white floral, chamomile, mega sillage, kinda dry ivory soap quality, go with FDM.

If you like slightly syrupy honey, vanilla and a little green & herb-like dry patchouli - more gentle sillage - comfortable with less projection - this is the one you should sample. If you love orange flower - you will love them both.

KoceFF : this fragrance was made for Spring or Fall days. If you wore this in hot humid weather I could see this getting very heavy - although the dry-down might work in dry heat.

KoceFF
KoceFF

Can I use it in the summer? It's over 30 celsius here.

RobbieX

A lovely vanilla based scent. It's long lasting and the projection is very good. Starts powdery, musky and floral. The drydown is a lovely mellow vanilla, honey and spices. It's definitely unique - I haven't smelled anything quite like this before. It's a goodie !

Today was a gender-bending fragrance day for sherapop. First I wore Heeley IRIS DE NUIT (review to follow), then I tested a bit of Bond no 9 HARRODS FOR HIM before donning a full serving of COOPER SQUARE. Yes, I luxuriated in labdanum-drenched lavender this afternoon. Now I am wearing Molinard HOMME II. Can we talk? This stuff is simply remarkable.

It's not just that it's remarkable for the price, which it certainly is--it's almost free: my four-ounce bottle set me back all of $16! No, it's totally gorgeous even in ignorance of the low price. The composition is a sweetish fougère featuring all sorts of characteristically masculine notes up top, and a completely compelling cluster of scrumptiousness for the base. Here are the notes, according to my bottle (they are printed right on it):

Tête: Armoise, Foin de la Cran, Mandarine de Sicile, Genièvre

Coeur: Orange du Brésil, Lavande de Provence, Coriandre de Crimée, Cèdre de Virginie

Fond: Vanille Bourbon, Patchouly de Singapour, Miel de Provence, Vétiver

I occasionally wear this fragrance to bed, and it smells even more beautiful in the morning, so it does not fall apart or degrade, the tell-tale signs of cheap-o juice. It's smooth and creamy and a bit spicy and sweet, and just a bit masculine, but in a gentle giant way. I just love this stuff.

So why do so few perfumistas talk about it? My theory: Molinard suffers from the dreaded fifty-cent whore problem. By selling their wares so cheaply, they drive serious perfume users away in droves. But you need to smell this stuff, guys--and gals! I'm thinking very seriously of purchasing a case of bottles of this juice to distribute to all of my male friends--and females, too!

In a word: yum!

LANIER
LANIER

Thank god for the French, for the need for perfume that developed at Versailles to mask the odors of the over powdered and under washed pre-revolution court of several King Louis. And thank god for Grasse. These three elements, France, Versailles and Grasse are invaluable to the world of perfume. This, Molinard Homme II is one of the pinnacles of French perfume. It is so incredibly complex and luxe. Rich and frothy vanilla, sharp tangy juniper berries, and rich thickly luxurious gold honey are the major notes I pick up right away. The bourbon vanilla and the honey come up from the base notes and never fade throughout the entire life of the fragrance. All the other notes are more or less a rising and falling Greek chorus that tells the back story to this utterly enjoyable scent. But at center stage though out its performance are the stars of the show, vanilla, juniper and honey.

The 163 year old house of Molinard in Grasse France is famous world wide for some incredible creations. This particular scent was created in 1996 but it seems timeless and new yet speaks of classic masculine fragrances of the past. It is the history of French fragrance in a milk glass bottle. (The bottle by the way is stunningly simple white milk glass with the notes listed in red on the back in French).

Wear this and you are transported to the Hall of Mirrors in Chateau Versailles flirting with some impossibly seductive courtesan, to the Opera house in the center of Paris on opening night of Les Troyens. Splash a little on your wrist and you will find yourself at Maxim’s with your cigar being lit by Collette. A little behind the ears and you will be drinking champagne from the slipper of Jane Avril at Moulin Rouge. Or you may find yourself climbing the stairs up to Sacré-Cœur at dawn with a sparkling flapper. A little spritz on the collarbone and you are toasting the glorious fireworks at the Exposition Universelle from atop the newly opened la Tour Eiffel, or just off the 747 at Charles de Gaulle Airport for your first visit to France. It is all here in this wonderful timeless magical mystery tour of Molinard Homme II. I can’t wait to try I and III!

The silage is very good and it projects well at about five feet. Last a good 8 to 9 hours on my skin and it elicits brilliant responses from those who were moved to comment on it. A real find at an incredibly reasonable cost, this is a masterwork of French Perfumery.

FIVE PLUS PLATINUM STARS *****+

akheperure
akheperure

I had a bit of a problem with this one at first because on the Molinard website it says that this is a fragrance for the "seducer", and immediately my mind conjured up scenes of lounge lizards and skirt chasers...
But after overcoming the initial resistance I felt for the perfume, I can only say that I love the way it smells on me.
It has a pleasant honey and woody scent, not too strong, which is good. I am wearing it now and it feels warm and comfortable.
I'm sure I'll be using it often... though I am a she, not a he...

RobbieX

The notes in this seem great. This scent certainly sounds like my cup of tea!

kdlehr
kdlehr

Just got this one.
dont really understand the standing ovations from "action"
Its okay but nothing to faint about.
for one the scent is very weak and stayes too close to my skin. The projection is very little.
the combination of notes are intriguing and I find it interesting.
Not masculine enough for me. Nice but thats it just nice.

Arvydas
Arvydas

Nice scent. One the best from Molinard!

Ohhhhhhh UNBELIEVABLE, only 2 people rating this!!
I just asked my husband to put it on and it's beauty almost made me faint!

I just now see it is now categorized! So, if you know the original Joop Homme, then that's the one that comes close. If you do not know it, this is a sweet oriental for men. The Honey & Vanilla are quite dominant as well as the Coriander and Patchouli. Probably, together with Habanita, the best Molinard of the entire range!

Its is a FANTASTIC perfume for men and for women too I think! It resembles Joop Homme too.
Very nice!!!!

juliamarchwicka
juliamarchwicka

yum :)

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molinard Molinard Homme II fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Molinard Molinard Homme II, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Molinard Homme II by Molinard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Molinard Homme II by Molinard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.