Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Molinard de Molinard Molinard for women

Molinard de Molinard Molinard for women
dislike

yellow floral
Molinard de Molinard Molinard for women Pictures Molinard de Molinard Molinard for women Pictures

Molinard de Molinard by Molinard is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Molinard de Molinard was launched in 1979. The nose behind this fragrance is Molinard. Top notes are black currant, fruity notes, green notes, asafoetida, lemon, bergamot and cassis; middle notes are jasmine, ylang-ylang, lily-of-the-valley, bulgarian rose and narcissus; base notes are labdanum, amber, musk, vetiver, incense and patchouli.

Black Currant Fruity Notes Green Notes Asafoetida Lemon Bergamot Cassis

Goldleaf
L'Eau de Merzhin

Molinard de Molinard Fragrance Reviews

Militza

Years ago, the shopping fairy was with me when I blindly bought this at a Discount stire.Imagine light shining through the room. It was summer. The bottle is lovely, and the scent ethereal. Green, soft, warm, inviting. I went to my graduate class the next day and all the men suddenly sat near me. This scent is soft and womanly, green and inviting. It is as if we all fell back in the garden of Eden in that class that day. I suppose it was the 80's but this scent is timeless, and even today I wear it. I can't even compare it to anything. It is unique and my first bottle still has a little. It never turned. I collect cologne while others collect wine. Trust me. You would want this in your collection.

arzacu
arzacu

I recieved a vintage sample of this one the other day...

Its so sharp and green, very similar to the old AMAZON by Hermés...

Very 70's/80's kind of scent, on me smells very green and mossy with fruity hints and a strong patchouli/vetiver combo!

Agree with @[email protected] user who said it smells like pot! hahahaha... yeah it does, a strong california orange dubi.. hell yeah!!

Overall I loved the scent, would be the perfect light scent for a strong character person.. unfortunately not available in my country u__u

Greetings from Chile!

kl99
kl99

Molinard de Molinard is: light chamomile, yellow apple, subtle musky notes, pure lily of the valley, clean fresh notes of mountain air, and yes, little apple blossoms, plus lightweight green herbal notes like galbanum, warm at the end. A chamomile bar soap. Nice feminine. A jump back in the 70s. Remember me a purified innocent version of Silences.
Even is the perfume is very well built I find it a bit dated, a bit, hairspray, a bit bath freshener.
Surely the industry of perfume for house has copy this kind of fresh flowery perfume of the 80s (‘79 this one) to aromatize product for the bath, the laundry, deodorant for the house conditioner for towels, shampoo, and now unfortunately the result is that many fresh fragrances, revolutionary born, year by year, by mind associations, becomes unwearables like a Glade gel you hide under the W.C.
The 30ml bottle I own is satinée on the women relief and transparent under the script and on the neck.

MadeiraD
MadeiraD

Sexy sexy sexy, dry tart green wood, soap and a forest glade, very unisex, old fashioned but not elderly, androgynous, on a man this would be irresistible

Evelyn Orchid
Evelyn Orchid

“People where you live," the Little Prince said, "grow five thousand roses in one garden... yet they don't find what they're looking for...
They don't find it," I answered.
And yet what they're looking for could be found in a single rose, or a little water..."
I've found mine like a Narcissus finding its reflection in a little water falling in love with its image....Molinard is me in a bottle. Narcissus is quite symbolic here as a main accord note enchanting you with its green, floral voice permeated with deep, woody, earth-invoking vetyver dance. This one is my Rose.
Molinard de Molinard is as beautiful as Aphrodite and as wise as Athena, she fills those empty places in your dreams making them breathtakingly ravishing and flawless. A highly sophisticated perfume, the essence of elegance....it's all there, just bask in all that Beauty that glows from one of the most beautifully created bottles. Molinard de Molinard is as sublime and ethereal as a highly lyrical poem.....walking in Beauty...

AngieGCarp

Oh Molinard how I've missed you...I got into a trading habit for a awhile and I traded this and immediately regretted it. This is a classic green beauty. So fresh and perfect for summer. Wear it with light fresh clothing and you will float on air...

Nelken
Nelken

Molinard is a young, free spirited parisian
« bourgeoise » from the seventies who has just come back from a week-end in the country and overslept.

Her usually impeccable up do is askew and underneath her string of pearls and silk scarf, her skin is slightly sunburnt from enjoying the outdoors . She is not averse to frolicking in the hay barn when the opportunity arises and who cares if it leaves a few scratches on her arms and legs…

If you shy away from wearing classics like Chanel 19 or Hermes Caleche because you find them too serious and sophisticated to be worn on a daily basis in 2015, yet would still love to own a fragrance with that silky vintage touch (and which is wearable in warm weather !), then Molinard is a must try.

The green, humid and somewhat bitter( asa foetida ?) notes are what makes Molinard really stand out in my opinion. It smells like nothing else. Hermes Amazone could be a more assertive and formal distant cousin of hers though.

Good lasting power, moderate sillage.

enigmaticessence
enigmaticessence

Evesoho, your review enchanted me so much I had to try this. <3

There is a vintage vetiver green edge to the narcissus and perfect blend of the notes listed. It gives a happy, clean sunshine impression of yellow flowers, and has the added quality of a kind of odd verdant dampness that is Warm in chilly spring air.

Some will probably not like this if they dislike vintage chypres or narcissus. For me, this is one of the only fragrances I can wear with that flower dominating, along with Van Cleef and Arpels First. I didn't have difficulty with it as I would with narcissus bulbs, yet Molinard is still true to the real essence.

Once more I find my skin loves Molinard and my style does too. If you love fragrance and this brand, even if you find it's not "you", this is a fascinating vintage experience not to be missed!

Moderate sillage and longevity.

Fhaldara
Fhaldara

I just purchased a small (1oz.edt) bottle of this, and its lovely. I don't get a lot of 'fruitiness' from it other than the citrus right after spraying, but the florals are very fresh and green, exactly the way I like them! I have many Molinard fragrances, they are one of my favorite houses - well made perfumes for very affordable prices, and Molinard de Molinard is no exception!

PastelMoon
PastelMoon

Current EDT is a herbal, green floral, not exactly damp or watery, but not dry either. Very refreshing but of course it's quite different from contemporary fresh scents. It has a hint of enigma or even melancholy in it, at least at the start.
The drydown is quite subdued, it remains a green, lemony, mostly herbal throughout its life.

It could last better though.

Jerine123
Jerine123

I bought this edt last fall and thought it was just ok but it didn't seem to "fit". It was kind of a confusing scent, seemed to have a coldness or chill to it with pretty florals in the mid notes and prominent sparkling green notes. A sparkling green floral? Well, today the snow is deep and the temps are in the teens and this scent is just perfection. In fact it kind of energized and made me get out of my cozy cocoon. Usually wear warmer cozy scents during the winter but this switch up was amazing. It is interesting how fragrance may need a season along with your own personal timing to be truly appreciated.

Deppaholic
Deppaholic

I got a sample of this, and wow it's strong. It reminds me of the 70's thick heavy perfumes. I rather like it. Very feminine, very classy actually. I can see Elizabeth Taylor wearing this with her fabulous jewels! Oh yes I can. I am unsure if I will look for a vintage of this because really I do not need it. I think if you like a very pretty feminine fragrance do try a sample of this. I gather that this would drive a man wild on first impression and turn him towards looking at you, but with caution because it is very ladylike. It reminds me Houbligant Queles Fleures, pardon my spelling. with QF being lighter and even more feminine. It doesn't smell the same, is heavier, but in the same family.

Birdlegs88
Birdlegs88

This was my absolute favorite back in the early 80's. They redeveloped it and it is no longer that Christmasy Holly scent that I loved so much. I always got compliments but now I can't stand the way it smells on me. The color is darker too.

soleia
soleia

I bought Molinard de Molinard blind, based on these reviews. I did not regret it.It is indeed a lovely green floral, crisp and somewhat bitter. I don't get the incense at all - in fact to my mind this is "the perfume with no base".

I didn't reach for it that often until this winter: I discovered that for me it suits those freezing winter days when the sun is shining, what we call where I live "sunshine with a bite": it's a sunny but cold scent.

It is by no means a night time perfume. It would be perfect for long walks and picnics, but it's also very appropriate for the office.

I do wish I could experience the vintage version, the one with the base.

atb
atb

This is a review for M DE MOLINARD, but it's not listed on the Molinard listing here (or on the Molinard site!) so I just Had to add it.
Notes may be, bergamot,, rose, narcissus amber, patchouli. It comes in a red bottle.

I'm amazed there are so few reviews of this beauty.

Also, it seems to be unavailable unless you're lucky enough to get it on ebay!

To my untrained nose it opens leaning to chypre - perhaps that's the patchouli, but I don't get patchouli as a note at any phase. Perhaps that's down to the artistry of the blend. (or my lack of nose)

For me the amber warmth is present from the start, underscoring the rose. I keep getting fleeting and oh so tempting wafts and lifts of green which may I guess be the narcissus/bergamot.

The middle is deliciously rich whilst still keeping just a little light. I get a slight powder, very very slight 'dirty' (and perhaps the patchouli) which is probably why I find it so friendly and human... all this in the voluptuous amber rose patchouli (and whatever else) balance.

I would say, being of a certain age! that this is for the lover of vintage. it has a warmth and class that seem to be of a past time although I think I read somewhere it's not that old a creation.
Throughout it keeps a bit of edge, a bit of bite from the green notes...keeps just a little lively. For me it's more of a daytime perfume as it remains lightish and is more warm and friendly than seductive. ..like your favourite aunt who you could tell anything to and always be sure of a warm enveloping hug.

Today feels like the beginning of autumn - perfect for this warmth of huggeable happiness in a bottle. Sort of makes me feel very good about being a grown-up.

lalondem
lalondem

Not my favorite, , but clean , soapy and pine smelling

rottannie
rottannie

This smells beautiful out of the bottle, but on my skin it smells like I got sprayed by a skunk...for nearly an hour. Unfortunately I cant wear it.

evesoho
evesoho

This perfume is overlooked for no good reason. It has equal parts "big 80s" and "interesting niche" qualities. Except that it's good that it's overlooked - because now it *is* niche or at least underrated and vintage.

I received a vintage bottle from ebay (the blind buy I was worried about most has turned out to be my favourite surprise!), and the Lalique design is spectacular. "Molinard de Molinard" is such a *French* name. . . oooo lala!

Today is Easter Sunday and I wore Molinard for the first time in public: to a church service, then to brunch with the family. I dressed in a mint green eyelet shift dress, off-white jewelneck cardigan, white tights, and off-white suede flats. I wore my hair down in waves, berry lipstain, with soft glow makeup mostly from the Naked Basics by Urban Decay palette. I just wanted to be fresh, fresh, fresh, a little bit pretty ;) and a little bit demure but fun! I think I pulled it off entirely since this is how I would describe Molinard! In keeping with the French theme, I wore an oversized flower brooch, a copy of one made in France in 1810 that now resides in the Victoria and Albert Museum in London. Ooooo lala!

Molinard has the potential to be called an "old lady" perfume because of its 80s yellow floral vibe, but it's all in how you wear it. I'm 30, and it suits me just fine for a daytime event in the spring, especially because the fruity notes really work well on my skin. I say "event", because I don't find it to be all that casual. And it's pretty, but not girly; it's womanly, but not sexy... therefore perfect for a lunch with family, church, afternoon tea with friends, or even a wedding. It's classy enough to go into the evening... but it is an original - you won't blend in although you won't offend - make sense?

I've been able to smell myself all day and it's so pleasing! Even more pleasing is that my boyfriend was sitting right next to me and I asked him if he liked my perfume - but he couldn't smell it. I was relieved because although the scent gives a big impression, the sillage isn't all that crazy.

It does have character; it's a bit demure, but no doormat! Crisp, yes, but not a refresher like another reviewer mentioned. I think of a refresher as a cologne, eau de toilette, or a soliflore Yardley water. The flowers and fruit have been going strong on me all day and I only applied 2 small dabs! It's certainly complex enough. This is real perfume. And it's really lovely. Happy Easter!

Le_Coeur_Gothique
Le_Coeur_Gothique

I could forgive almost everything to she who is wearing this...

Guest_Abendlicht
Guest_Abendlicht

I definitely don't get the "fruity"... I get floral, incense, woody, green... No sweetness at all. It's very feminine. I love it. I me it resembles a bit of "Balmain de Balmain" after it settles down. I own and love both. It's elegant and carefree... Not heavy at all, but it lingers for a long time. Longevity is excellent.... My husband LOVES it.... Humm not that he ever told me, but I can tell when I wear it (TMI)

kinderny
kinderny

Before reformulation, this was my signature scent for over 25 years. Now it smells watery and somewhat spoiled in the bottle, and fails to last when I wear it. Another scent spoiled by the reformulation.

iMaverick
iMaverick

Ah, this was a perfume that was a thing of nostalgia. A perfume, just by smelling it you know it took years to create its perfection. The Lalique perfume bottle was a thing to lust after, wishing it adorned your dressing table.

MdeM, as I remember it, was a chypre that began with chilly and green floral notes which deepened to sunny florals tinged with fruit notes with a slight powdery edge. It was captivating, but didn't smell snobby or reserved.

I wish perfumes of today are created again for the lovers of perfume, NOT those who are afraid to wear perfume!

AngieGCarp

I am at a loss for words to describe this beautiful creation. It is the blonde version of Habanita. It MAY inch out Habinita as my all time fav. I also have Clinique Wrappings and I can assure you that Molinard by Molinard is much more like First by Van Cleef and Arpels or Goldleaf by Thymes.

smile4thecamera
smile4thecamera

I was so excited to get my mini bottle of Molinard de Molinard. I don't love this scent at all - and I so wanted to! It's too green and too yellow (narcissus) and then dried down to something very soapy and strong. It kind of made me not feel very well besides. It reminds me very much of White Linen by Estee Lauder - another that doesn't match with my chemistry. Sigh, sigh, sigh. I will keep this little gem though - the bottle is too wonderful to part with - frosted lalique glass with etchings of women just like on the box.

mylancome
mylancome

A brand with great history with the unbelievable affordable price. With that kind of price tag, I can spray as much as I want without feeling sinful.
A classic green chypre of the 70s. Absolute agree it smells wealth and money. A perfect all day scents from office use to evening formal function. This is my Commoner Creed fragrance in my cosmetics cabinet.

maatgirl
maatgirl

This was my fragrance of the week last week. It was one of those Indian summer weeks in Northern California: 80 degree plus, sun-soaked days with cool, crisp nights. Too warm for a full-bodied fall fragrance, but not right for a summer fume either, Molinard de Molinard got the call. Green, crisp, somewhat dry and thoroughly refreshing, it fit the week perfectly.
I have loved the Lalique bottle for years and I will always associate it with the elegant I.Magnin store where I first encountered it as a young girl. The store has been gone for years, replaced by a 24-Hour Fitness, but it still exists in dreams about my childhood; its makeup/fragrance department with its Rococo molded and painted ceiling and the promise of beauty and sophistication it contained.
The fragrance itself reminds me a great deal of Ivoire de Balmain, though Ivoire is more aldehydic and Molinard is much more grassy. In EDT it is very light (unfortunately it does not last very long) and can be sprayed liberally without offense. While I wish it had more lasting power, I love it for what it is and highly recommend it.

pdxhb
pdxhb

I've worn Molinard de Molinard as my signature scent almost since it was introduced. It was actually a replacement scent for me after Rafale, my very first perfume as a young woman, was discontinued. I occasionally alternated with the original Cristalle, but that's another story.

The post-IFRA reformulation is weaker. Not doubt because the jasmine, among other ingredients, has been reduced/changed. That said, there is still a bit of that *special something* from the incense, lily of the valley (very strong on me) and green notes. It dries down a lot quicker than before and fades faster. It used to be that it left scent on my clothing and now it's nearly gone by the end of a workday. My comments apply to both the EDP and EDT, by the way.

All that said, it's such a classic that I am having a difficult time replacing it with anything else. It's inoffensive and distinct and I have gotten away with wearing it around people who are allergic to scent with no comments whatsoever. How often can we find a perfume that achieves all of that and is so appealing? The fruit blends with the base notes under the florals in one of the most delicious formulations I have ever experienced.

***
Update:

I purchased two vintage Lalique bottles of the EDT via eBay. They smelled somewhat faded, one more than the other. The less faded one was certainly missing something when I dabbed it on so I thought I'd try layering with the reformulated EDT. First I got the stronger assertion of the floral notes - lily of the valley still the most noticeable on my skin. And 20 minutes in it has gone through a sharper phase and a quick turn of soap. It's starting to settle into some of the familiar softness of the heart and base notes.

Editing what I said above, I think there are a few notes sorely lacking in the reformulation but the most noticeable to me may actually be in the base that had such a long life in the original. I will experiment a bit more to see what I can get out of these vintage bottles.

[email protected]
dmdipentino@verizon.net

My father used to say my mother smelled like 'pot' when she wore this.
Don't know exactly sure how my father knew what 'pot' smelled like, but... there you have it.

Habanita is so in your face that it is difficult to imagine this house being capable of producing anything soft or fresh. Molinard de Molinard is that freshness I was looking for. This really is a fragrance that deserves far more accolade than is given.

I find this fragrance more green rather than fruity. It opens with crisp, sparkling citrus and soapy, green accords. It's a very classic smelling fragrance, like the reviewers have already noted. At first I thought that Molinard de Molinard may be a little one-dimensional, however I was wrong.

The floral heart is quite pretty and feminine, though perhaps not feminine in the way you would expect. Lily of the valley, jasmine and narcissus tend to stand out to my nose the most, presented in a rather refreshing and green manner. The most intriguing aspect of the composition are the vetiver and incense notes, which create an earthy and smokey finish, which I personally adore.

I love how Fragrance-Magic (on Fragrantica) described it as, "grassy incense", because that's exactly how I see it. It's refreshing enough for Spring and Summer, however the 'incensey vibe' makes me long to wear this in the Winter months too.

I find it similar to Chanel No.19, just perhaps not as sharp. It's quite bittersweet in some ways, but lovely nonetheless. Molinard de Molinard captivates me in a way that is difficult to put into words. I don't usually like green scents, but with all that delicious ambery and incensey goodness, I cannot resist.

corvuseye
corvuseye

I discovered this when a visitor left it lingering in my bathroom...and it was Different. Since then (80s I imagine)..it has DEFINITELY become more one dimensional and light, BUT I find it has a perfect place as an inoffensive after bath spritz. In this day and age, when City Hall asks that you NOT wear any scents, (or bring any sense...snicker), for the hypersensitive, this one usually won't offend anyone IF noticed, and yet...and yet...It's NICE to spray on!

Nuthin' wrong with this type of product. It ISN'T 1,000! (more like a grown up 4711..but HEY on a crowded plane, it might keep You feeling fresh without making the person next to you ask for a seat re-assignment. (The price is right, and it also might be suitable for a younger "perfumista in training"....

I like a lot of Molinards' scents but this one is not my type. I would say it's too masculine and too green for me.

imoore
imoore

I am the same when it comes to Molinard as Action.
But as a perfume lover I can not ignore them. Habanita and Molinard de Molinard is a must for us, no metter what we like.

This one is not my type of perfume. Unfortunately Molinard is a difficult house for me, just like Caron. But I do love Habanita, Nirmala and Homme II, they are just fantastic!

melancholybaby
melancholybaby

This has a wonderful very green opening, which slowly transforms into a floral bouquet with no clear notes. I loved the opening, but found the dry-down a bit disappointing. It became a bit harsh in it's floral composition. I will wear it again, but it will not be in my permanent rotation.

guest_Lola
guest_Lola

I have used this perfume in the past and recently ordered another bottle. I hope it still has that "Christmas tree" smell. It always made me think of the Christmas holidays when I wore it. It didn't last long on me but few perfumes ever do.

pnkplate
pnkplate

ladies, i have been wearing this for over 20 years and just started wearing coco - i have always gotten compliments - men especially like it - it is true that it doesn't last all day - coco has some of the same notes - is a little deeper and richer - but molinard de molinard will always be my favorite.

Rumpelstilzchen
Rumpelstilzchen

I fully agree with Miss Nightingale. I own the EdP in this beautiful Lalique bottle with that old-fashioned rubber atomizer. There is no depth in this scent at all. If I spray it on, it's gone within half an hour. Maybe some rather cheap smelling flowery greens remain. This is very disappointing, as the EdP was rather expensive.

Moyra
Moyra

This is a review of the eau de toilette, unfortunately, the eau de parfum or perfume are no longer available. As an aside, be aware that almost every single eau de parfum they used to have is no longer available, from the Molinard website itself.
The bottle I have is the large frosted ultra lovely Lalique bottle pictured on this page. Its commonly available with online retailers and its very, very afforable.
It would be nice to get any of the notes listed at the top or base(except the black currants), alas, the eau de toilette only seems to have the middle notes. Its a little on the sharpish green side at first, then immediately tosses a bouquet of fresh cut garden flowers and a few black currants at you.
They're not horrible or funerary flowers or cloying black currants but light, fresh (even ever-so-slightly soapy) and crisp, which makes Molinard de Molinard a nice, inoffensive little summer perfume.
However, I feel it lacks character, which may be due to the eau de toilette problem detailed above. You really have to practically bathe in the stuff in order to derive the scent, and it gallops out of your immediate environment within an hour or two, trailing nothing but a few memories of flowers.
The eau de toilette is a pleasant after shower summer refresher, but, alas, nothing special.

guest_JuJuJuicy

It seems a doubt several people would all decide to delete the nice reviews. They were very good and had good information. I think something is wrong with this website. I can see there are many missing reviews and can not understand how they are disappearing. This is a concern to me and my mother. I wanted to join this site, but now my mother says there are problems here.

guest_JuJuJuicy

What happened to all the other Molinard de Molinard reviews? There were several here and I saw just a few weeks ago. I told my mother to read them and now all of them are gone. What happened to them?

Miss_Nightingale
Miss_Nightingale

Ladies, I am desperately unhappy. I SO wanted to love this perfume but, over the course of two days, I am sorry to say that it REALLY isn't me at all. :(

I purchased a small bottle to try on a whim, having read the glowing reviews here, and was excited by the first spray - an uplifting freshness of a faintly herbal smelling blackcurrant leafiness that turned almost immediately into a kind of tomato leaf aroma with a hint of muskiness. Not at all unpleasant and quite an intriguing start...

Unfortunately, for me it was all downhill from there. It just smelled (dare I say it?) cheap on my skin, and didn't really last above a lingering "I am wearing perfume" smell that I couldn't really detect any notes listed in at all. I searched in vain for the incense and vetiver and ended each day in the doldrums, and with a headache to boot! I am glad so many of you love this, and that truly there is a perfume for everyone under the sun... but this is definitely not one of mine.

I am seriously thinking of putting this up for a swap or trade (it's a 30ml/1 Fl . oz bottle that's really meant to keep in your purse, I suppose, as it isn't the stately decorative kind depicted on this page). If you're interested, drop me a line or look out for this soon on the forum's swap posts.

Oh well, I am all for trying new things - nothing ventured, nothing gained!

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

A true classic. The description above indicates it is a fruity floral. To my nose, it smells clean, fresh, green, slightly peppery and woody. I received lots of compliments when I wore this one. It's almost universally pleasing and never offensive. The bottle is also a work of art and looks great on your dresser top.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molinard Molinard de Molinard fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Molinard Molinard de Molinard, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Molinard de Molinard by Molinard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Molinard de Molinard by Molinard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay