Designers » M » Floral Fruity « Groups

Nirmala Limited Edition Molinard for women

Nirmala Limited Edition Molinard for women
dislike

tropical

Nirmala Limited Edition by Molinard is a Floral Fruity fragrance for women. Nirmala Limited Edition was launched in 2011. Top notes are passionfruit, mandarin orange and grapefruit; middle notes are jasmine and strelitzia; base notes are vanilla, tonka bean, sandalwood and cedar.

Passionfruit Mandarin Orange Grapefruit

Nirmala Baccarat Edition 2015

Nirmala Limited Edition Fragrance Reviews

Angelica 000
Angelica 000

This is my "I would never touch this" perfume, Everything is wrong...to paraphrase, if this is wrong I don't want to be right! Seductive, but bright, sweet but sour, heady, rich,narcotic...give me more, I love it!

gmstrack
gmstrack

This is a review of the Nirmala EDT that I recently purchased in the Molinard shop located in Nice.

Nirmala opens with a splash of grapefruit and quickly transitions to a tropical fruit explosion with a strange chloride note. Sometimes the bleach morphs into cumin, making this fruity floral a slightly sweaty affair. What is interesting about Nirmala is that it smells like it is pretending to be fruity patchouli. I compared it to Angel and discovered that the 1992 classic had more green patchouli and not as much sweat as the 1955 classic. So we have bleach plus cumin plus super obnoxious fruit plus a jasmine note that I’m not very pumped about plus some creepy “pretend” patchouli. I should hate this. I should be scrubbing it off right now, but I’m not. Nose meet arm. Nose meet arm again. And again.

My only complaint is that the performance isn’t that great, but maybe the EDP delivers?

Fans of contemporary fruity patchouli fragrances should check out Nirmala—this could be your classic!

AngieGCarp
AngieGCarp

I have an old review on the original Nirmala listing. The limited edition bottle is a perfume vs. an eau de toilette. I had the original for awhile and my daughter HATES IT! So, reluctantly, I either traded it or sold it..can't remember...but I couldn't stop thinking about it. This parfum is intoxicating!!! It is hard to imagine how these elements come together to make this melodious odor but I can say there is nothing like it. A lot has been made about a similarity to Angel by TM. It's not true. What is true more than likely if you like Angel, this is your style. If you hate it, best stay away. Nirmala doesn't have that sharp patchouli bite. I love it!

LuLuGoes
LuLuGoes

I am learning a lot from the previous reviews of Nirmala.

It smells so modern. How could it have been created so long ago?

Yes, I do sense the sweet similarity to Angel. However, as others have pointed out, there is no patchouli in Nirmala, a note that is central to the character of Angel.

I think the opening of Angel does have an intense sour note. I think Nirmala comes across this way due to the grapefruit against sandalwood. Oh, and the two do have jasmine in common.

Nirmala is distinctive and lovely. And, yes, Angel lovers will probably enjoy it.

beaglebaileysmom
beaglebaileysmom

Just curious whether those who love this are located outside the United States? I ask because this is the closest match to natural armpit odor that I have smelled in a perfume. I think in some other countries, body odor is not considered bad. But here, you would offend others and be judged very negatively if you smelled like this. I smell other notes too, and I do get the slight reminder of Angel, but at least with the bottle I received and my own chemistry, the main scent is "armpit odor after a long hot day." Had high hopes, but now feel rather foolish for buying it blind. That is a familiar feeling for me, however, as my gambling addiction is manifested entirely as blind perfume buys. I envy those for whom this smells beautiful!

Ginger Kitty
Ginger Kitty

I agree with the vast majority of positive comments already listed and respect the views of people less inclined to buy and wear this piece of history.

A few months ago, first enjoyed this as a "concreta / concrete" solid perfume sample and since then, although not listed on the "want" section, I have intended to buy it when I next have the opportunity.

Compared to Angel, I get less discomforting feelings when I wear this for a long time. Angel I prefer to spray lightly to avoid it's mildly sour notes.

Great value for money if you can obtain it without too much P&P costs.

karrykins
karrykins

I stopped wearing Angel when everyone discovered it - I had about 9 months of exclusivity then - Bam - everyone was wearing it.

I loved it, thought it was unique, my husband also loved it - then - disaster , every one was wearing it, every store in the country was selling it - so I used up the bottle and moved on . I don't want to smell like everyone else .

Reading Luca Turin and Tania Sanchez , I discovered that Angel was not as unique as I had first believed - Nirmala was composed in 1955 , thirty years before Angel and yes, there are some similarities but the patchouli is not there , which, for me , is a bonus .

However, I do like having a large wardrobe of perfume (snorts and laughs , there is large and there's unwearable in my own lifetime and I am in the latter category) so I still like having "something" of the fruity oriental variety in my wardrobe .

Investigation lead me to Les Senteurs - several samples later , I plunged and ordered Nirmala and Chypre 'd"Orient ( I mean, who could dislike a good chypre eh ? )

I have just bought 100 ml EDP for £42 which is a bargain compared to Angel but its not just that , Nirmala is so much less aggressive than Angel and , on me, the longevity is better . I also don't get that sweaty cumin note some people are complaining about . I think its fuzzier, less metallically bright than Angel - again, all good things in my book.

In fact , all the bits of Angel I didn't quite like are absent from this scent so for me, its a win-win .

I will never be the kind of person who has a "signature scent" - I did that years ago and got bored , so I match my scents to my moods , my aims, my surroundings, the weather , the clothes I am wearing - whatever I feel like .

So today I am having a Nirmala day - its nice , its sufficiently different to other things in my scent wardrobe without being too hissy .

My daughter says the scarf I wear each day smells gorgeous , smells of me . Well , that must be a weekly accumulation of so many different scents - maybe I should feed it through a gas chromatogram and find out what really is my own signature !

mhubbard

Just as an update, I splurged on the EDP, which is hard to find and 4x more expensive. I wore it today for the first time, and honestly it is no different. Not stronger, not longer lasting, none of above. I love it but certainly would not repurchase when the EDT is so affordable.

mhubbard

This lady has finally found her holy grail. What an amazing scent, which BTW predates Angel by decades. Here we have a hidden gem,and I almost hesitate to write this review for fear my precious secret will be out. Gorgeous sweet(but not candy-sweet), fresh and clean, but sophisticated and sexy all at the same time. Yes, it is very similar to the well known Thierry Mugler perfume but so much more wearable. Nirmala is the "Angel" you could wear in the summer, its the "Angel" you could wear in close quarters....and the price is unbeatable. I applied the EDT this am in anticipation of a difficult day at work, and thank Goodness because it was tough. My quiet perfume friend was with me all day,in pleasant little puffs, putting me at ease and not overpowering anyone at meetings in small rooms. For the price, its a must try. Longevity is also excellent, it is 10 hours later and I can still smell it-and I usually smell nothing after 4 hours. Highest recommendation, a perfect 10.

LOLAISA
LOLAISA

This is lovely... Tried it and totally failed in love with it, purchased next day full bottle.

It is fresh, yet sweet, intense, but not overwhelming, elegant and different, easy to wear to office or anywhere you want, can be the signature scent, UNIQUE...

I tried modern EDT and this limited EDP on each side of the same blotter; EDT faded quickly, EDP still there since 3 days and still goes strong! Excellent longevity, even on my skin, when usually perfumes does not last good on me....

What is the most amazing about this scent is that even the formula was created in 50s there is no old fashioned filling about it, it smells quiet modern!

Some people say here that it smells like the Angel, I agree, yes after smelling it there is some similarity with it. When I tried it first, I thought that it smells like good thick, white liquid shampoo and then in few minuted it was very similar to Lancome Hypnose, every one who wear it knows this sweet clean scent mixed with vanilla,Hypnose has strong passion flower note, when in Nirmala it is passion fruit, also in both there is vanilla and jasmine...
Nirmala is less sweet and stronger. Actually if you want to blind buy it imagine that it smells like Angel minus patchouli mixed with Hypnose. I love both and love the Nirmala.
I truly believe that Lancome was inspired by Molinards Nirmala to create it's famous Hypnose.

Lulutupelo
Lulutupelo

Wow! I love this fragrance. I can't imagine how I lived without it all these years. It is classic, well balanced, slightly spicy. I have collected about 15 fragrances I'd never tried since I discovered this site, all based on the wonderful reviews I've read from all of you, but this is the one I love the most. I also tried Habanita, but I prefer Nirmala. I am so impressed with the House of Molinard that I looked them up on the net and now dream of touring Grasse. I just wish they produced more perfumes and edp's rather than all the edt's.

lassie172
lassie172

very nice fragrance, smells a bit like angel, but not as overpowering.

Thomasania
Thomasania

I just got this today as a blind buy, and on my initial sniff I thought this reminds me of a Mugler fragrance. It resembles Angel to me. I plan on doing a side by side comparison later. Does anyone else think they are similar?

lizapnelli
lizapnelli

this is one of my favorite perfumes to wear in the spring and summer. i have been through several bottles in my lifetime. it is fresh, long-lasting, and every time i wear it both men and women comment on how delicious is smells. to me, this is like a fruity more youthful "angel", but not in an immature way, it's still sensual and super sexy.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Molinard Nirmala Limited Edition fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Molinard Nirmala Limited Edition, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Nirmala Limited Edition by Molinard. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Nirmala Limited Edition by Molinard represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.