Designers » M » Woody Spicy « Groups

Amyitis Mona di Orio for women and men

Amyitis Mona di Orio for women and men
dislike

Amyitis is an aromatic green female fragrance introduced in 2008, as creation of the owner of Mona di Orio house. It was inspired by The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, built to please the queen Amyitis. The fragrance is balanced with nature and includes cumin, heather, green pepper and green notes at the top. The heart includes iris, violet, Guiac wood and Virginian cedar. Base notes finish the composition with saffron, opopanax, oakmoss and amber. It is available as 50 and 100 ml EDP.

Green Notes

iris Violet Cedar Guaiac Wood

Amber Opoponax Oakmoss Saffron

Amyitis Fragrance Reviews

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Mona di Orio Amyitis opens as a ghostly green fragrance on my skin. It behaves surprisingly transparent compared to her other heavy hitters, even a bit aqueous at times. However, underneath this limpid, delicate green veil, there are subtle aromatic herbs which consist mostly of sage, and dirt-like moss that are trying to peak through. The overall effect is like a mysterious fog hovering over a mossy, aromatic forest floor.

I don't detect any obvious powdery aspect of iris or violet, only a glimpse of their vegetal earthiness enhancing the green atmosphere, and a bit of the rooty aspect of iris around 20 minutes in. Soon after, sage and moss come forward with full strength and completely dominate the fragrance. The combined effect is aromatic, bitter, slightly salty, even a bit acrid at times, which makes me think of herbal medicine. The texture also becomes rougher, and the scent evokes a grey-green colour in my mind. Although the herbal medicine-like bitterness is sometimes too tough to my taste, I'm nevertheless impressed by its vegetal vigour.

Fortunately, 1 hours in, this powerful herbal, medicinal bitterness eventually starts to mellow, and makes peace in the dry down. The musky cedar, the rounded, smoky guaiac wood, and the velvety, suave opoponax all quietly seep through the roots of sage and moss like golden fluid. They're now the sensual, rich soil, upon which grow the now-delicate aromatic vegetations. Amyitis returns to the wispy, poetic beauty of its opening, but now, its greenness shimmers with a golden hue.

Amyitis has a moderate to soft sillage, and its longevity is around 9 hours

Even though I have difficulty to fully embrace the bitter, medicinal middle phase of Amyitis, its uncompromising strength, and its poetic, pellucid, green opening and hushed, sensual dry down all leave a strong impression on me, and I'm especially enamoured with the opening and the dry down. Amyitis feels no doubt complex and sophisticated, yet each piece fits seamlessly into the grand picture. There are darkness and light, untamed wild plants and sensual ambery skin. They easily make contrasts, yet the execution is fluid, refined, and never feels out of place.

I think Amyitis definitely worths a try, especially to those who enjoy old-school green fragrances with a modern, artful twist, and I wish, maybe, just maybe, one day, that it could be resurrected out of the abyss of "discontinued" like Nuit Noire and Lux.

dbrii24
dbrii24

Wow! This is one of the few green fragrances that excite me to enormous levels. Woods, spices, amber, cedar... this is perfection to me! I adore the late Mona Di Orio's talent and artistry, and Amyitis is one of my favorites from her line of exquisite gems. On my skin, a sophisticated and sensual aroma of saffron, dry cedar, and amber radiate into the air. It's downright gorgeous.

vikereuss
vikereuss

Fantastic fragrance. Complex and opulent. Mona was generous for ingredients. Nothing similar to modern "commercial" perfumes "with one face."
Mona;s Signature collection was created for the sake of pure art.
Beautiful!!!! but impossible to fing it.

nikoleta1
nikoleta1

I smell tobacco- leather sharp opening,that softens down, unisex more than a women perfume, this my first Mona testing, it is nothing to go home and tell your mother about.

9-na
9-na

What I love this scent for is that picture of a dark, mossy part of the forest it gives me, but not too dark, with sun rays filtering through the leaves and spices, lovely spices are in the air, too... and then I walk out of the forest, and there's more sunlight, more air, and the gravel road smells as if rain hit it while I've been in the forest. Nice.

Lovely peppery green citrus scent, very nice for hot months.

lindy-fay
lindy-fay

This is how I imagine it smells on the English countryside, during late spring/ early summer. It actually reminds me of a Poirot(Agatha Christie)-episode for some reson, Mr.Poirot is taking a stroll along a crocket road, figuring out who the murderer is. The surroundings are lush and leafy...
Like Cereza, I don`t get any flowers at all, neither cumin.On my skin it`s like the essence of a dewy landscape, with a hint of tea, cardamom and moss.
Masterfully blended!
PS: Rednut, The french shop, Premiere avenue, still has some bottles left.(It`s discontinued.) They ship worldwide

Cereza
Cereza

This opens green and soapy with a strange zist and somehow makes me seek for aldehydes in the notes, but there are not there.
Anyway - what I love about this and Mona di Orio frangrances is the quality of how everything is blent together, I can't feel any particular notes dominating, just the mix of everything.
The cedar gives a really dry feeling which I'm not fond of as I don't like my perfume dry and strict, but the smell it self is marvelous and I might say it's more "unisex".

No flowers for me though. Pity.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Mona di Orio Amyitis fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Mona di Orio Amyitis, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Amyitis by Mona di Orio. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Amyitis by Mona di Orio represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.