Designers » M » Oriental Woody « Groups

Red Vetyver Montale for men

Red Vetyver Montale for men
dislike

Red Vetyver is a contrastive scent, which is hot of spices and cold of green freshness of vetiver; an utterly unusual version of fragrances based on a classic ingredient – vetiver. Warm sandalwood, red cedar, incessant wave of patchouli in fire of hot spices, refreshing vetiver in contrast with black pepper – a real adventure for fans of spices and vetiver. Red Vetyver was launched in 2008. The nose behind this fragrance is Pierre Montale.

Vetiver Patchouli Cedar Grapefruit Peru Balsam Pepper

Black Touch

Red Vetyver Fragrance Reviews

gedlive
gedlive

It's trying to be a clone of Terre de Hermes, but the blending is not the modern day masterpiece that Terre de Hermes is.
Red Vetiver is 3× more money than TDH.
If you need better longevity, get TDH, edp, at 1/2 the price of Red Vetiver.
Red Vetiver is a darker fragrance than TDH, more woody and resinous, pepery. It is in-between TdH and Wonderwood, but not nearly as good as either.

sagjan
sagjan

Terre D'Hermes gave me a histamine headache....Red vetyver is smooth and very natural

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

This fragrance was rather off-putting as well for me as others have mentioned. This is some potent stuff and very green.

I was looking and expecting some spices, maybe a little sweetness, and definitely some vetiver-but this is ALL vetiver and nothing else. I am a fan of some vetiver fragrances, even some that claim to be strictly vetiver fragrances but may give a different impression after a good smell, i.e. Original Vetiver, Cologne by Mugler...although classified as Vetiver fragrances and I do believe they are;

Red Vetyver was strong, dark, earthy, and very piney-very potent!!

I can't compare this to Terre D'Hermes as I don't have the background any longer; not a fan of Terre D'Hermes, this IMO was too green and linear and from what I remember obviously this is similar. With notes of Lemon, Patchouli, Cedar, and Pepper to name a few, I didn't get any of the abovementioned. This was Lemon and Pepper that fell into a sea of nothingness. Sorry if I crushed the party of others, but this is a 'no' for me!

asgeirn
asgeirn

Agree with the guys below me, it's a no from me too, despite being a "vetiver-lover". The pepper is too off-putting for me, and being a Montale I was honestly expecting more sophistication, treating the beloved vetiver right. High hopes beforehand, this was a disappointing juice. Glad I only bought a sample first this time around.

valantis
valantis

Linear and boring!!!

Daymeric
Daymeric

The initial notes of grapefruit are nice, but quickly give way to a very standard vetiver smell. In fact, this is a simple vetiver, quite ordinary. It lacks complexity and really has nothing special to it. Also longevity and silliage are weak.

matthewapotter
matthewapotter

It would be impossible to review Red Vetyver without also mentioning Terre d'Hermes. This was a blind buy for me, with the promise of a longer lasting, niche version of my beloved TdH. I'm glad to say it delivers on my expectations...Red Vetyver delivers a richer, denser and longer lasting experience than Terre d'Hermes while remaining very similar. The opening is boozy - almost whiskey like - and the drydown retains the cedar and vetiver combo of TdH but spices it up with black pepper and patchouli - the result is something denser and more substantial. Longevity and sillage are very good - definitely worth a try for any vetiver fan.

zekita
zekita

Whatever you may say, this perfum it´s great!!!

My wife loves it!!

banorgue
banorgue

Unfortunately there is no trademark on a smell, so somebody can copy a succesfull fragrance as the case here. In my eye it is not a nice habit. I had a side by side comparison between Terre d'Hermes and Red Vetyver. The Hermes fragrance is more complex and detailed, more natural smelling. In the copy you can get the "main smell" of Terre d'Hermes without that many nice details what the scent of Jean Claude Ellena have. Longevity is really good on Red Vetyver but very linear, so you can smell the same for long long hours. It is a good and pleasant fragrance but I highly respect the intellectual creation of Ellena.

Kain
Kain

Everybody keeps comparing this to Terre D'Hermes and many people say this one is even better because it lasts longer!
Based on these opinions I was going to blind buy Red Vetyver when I finished my Terre D'Hermes bottles.
BTW I have both EDT and Pure Parfum versions of Terre 'Hermes and love them both. It's my signature scent and every time that I don't know what to wear ... Terre D'Hermes is something that comes in my mind.
Anyway, a few weeks back one of my friends got Red Vetyver and I had a chance to test it out and see if whatever I've heard and read is true.

The opening of this fragrance is a sweet and juicy orange note mixed with some woods, some spices and maybe a lttle bit of vetiver.
The overall feeling of the scent remind me of Terre D'Hermes but dude, quality of Terre D'Hermes is something else and waaaaay better than this!
Terre D'Hermes is more aromatic and you can definitely smell black pepper and orange in it and they feel very realistic but this one is kind of synthetic!

As time passes by I can detect even more differences between these two. Red Vetyver in the drydown and base changes to a synthetic bitter woody slightly spicy kind of scent and this is where the quality of Terre D'Hermes shines even more!
Based on my experience with Red Vetyver now I know what I'm going to do when I'm finished my Terre D'Hermes bottles. I'll buy just another bottle!
There is no way that I buy Red Vetyver!
If I'm gonna buy a synthetic version of Terre D'Hermes I'll go for Rasasi brand that copies many famous fragrances with poor quality and very cheap prices. you can buy 100ml for around $15 and just like Red Vetyver it's is a synthetic and cheap version of Terre D'Hermes!
Projection and longevity is very good with Red Vetyver. moderate projection and around 6-7 hours longevity but personally I choose quality over longevity!

همه این عطر رو با تق د هرمس مقایسه میکنن و حتی خیلی ها اعتقاد دارن این عطر ورژن بهتر تق د هرمس هست چون بویی مشابه ولی پخش و ماندگاری بهتری داره
با توجه به این مقایسه ها و نوشته ها شخصا برنامه ام این بود که وقتی تق د هرمس های خودم تموم شدن برم اینو بدون تست بخرم بعنوان جایگزین. من هر دو نسخه ادو تویلت و پیور پارفوم تق د هرمس رو دارم و هر دو رو بی نهایت دوست دارم. هر وقت نمیدونم چه عطری بزنم تق د هرمس اولین عطری هست که همیشه میاد تو ذهنم
چند هفته پیش دیدم یکی از دوستان این عطر رو داره و بهانه ای شد که ازش یه سمپل بگیرم و تستش کنم و ببینم این همه صحبتهای هیجان انگیز راجع به این عطر حقیقت داره یا نه

رایحه ابتدایی این عطر با بوی شیرین پرتقالی شروع میشه که در کنارش بوی چوبی نسبتا تلخ و کمی رایحه فلفلی هم به مشام میرسه. شایدم یه ذره وتیور اما نه زیاد
حس کلی عطر شباهت داره به تق د هرمس اما پسر تفاوت کیفیت رایحه هاشون خیلی فاحشه! تق د هرمس بوی فلفل سیاه و پرتقال اون اولش به وضوح به مشام میرسه و بوی طبیعی داره اما رد وتیور به نظر من سینتتیک هست و به هیچ وجه کیفیت و حس طبیعی تق رو نداره

با گذر زمان تفاوت این دو عطر خودشو بیشتر نشون میده. رد وتیور در ادامه بوی پرتقالی خودشو تا حد زیادی از دست میده و یه بوی چوبی تلخ سینتتیک و بی کیفیت و کمی ادویه ای به خوش میگیره و اینجاست که کیفیت بالای تق د هرمس بیشتر از ابتدا خودشو نشون میده
با توجه به این تجربه ای که از این عطر بدست آوردم تکلیف خودمو مشخص کردم. وقتی تق د هرمس هام تموم بشه دوباره یه شیشه دیگه تق د هرمس میخرم و پولمو برای این هدر نمیدم
اگر قرار باشه مشابه بی کیفیت تق رو بخرم میرم سراغ برند عربی رساسی که برداشته هر چی عطر پرفروش و معروفه رو با کیفیت پایین و شباهت متوسط یا کم کپی کرده و با قیمت حدود 50 هزار تومن میشه 100 میلشو خرید
پخش بوی رد وتیور نسبتا خوبه و ماندگاریشم هر چند اصلا در حدی که میگن بالا نیست و حدود 6-7 ساعت روی پوست هست اما شخصا کیفیت بالا و ماندگاری متوسط تق رو هزار بار به این ترجیح میدم

ddadam
ddadam

this is crafted with an oriental twist. The patchouli and peru balsem give the earthiness much more depth. However there is less prejection than Terre Hermes has. The way Terre from Hermes reflects like a diamond, Red Vetiver is lacking that lusture. But overall it is still a solid fragrance.

deadidol
deadidol

The textbook combination of bergamot and vetiver with a cedar foundation. Pepper and citrus give it an elevated welcome, but it smells like an offshoot of Terre d’Hermes or one of the myriad TdH offshoots that exist. I’m sure it fills a hole in the Montale family line-up, but it’s doing nothing new. It’s doing nothing new perfectly well, though—which is sort of Montale’s whole approach to perfumery.

esteban747
esteban747

I smell mostly vetyver, cedar, patchouli and a vague hint of pepper.
The grapefruit is noticeable for a moment in the beginning, but not strong enough. Which (at east in my case) is better because grapefruit tends to turn very sour on my skin.
It's a smooth fragrance, not a good choice if you are looking for an attention grabber scent. It's masculine, understated and refined from start to finish.
I had high hopes based on the reviews. It didn't exactly disappoint me but it didn't drive me crazy either. Sorry.

Knightofwands
Knightofwands

Montale is available in the UK from scentsamples.uk.com as decants (1ml - 50ml) and some sold as full bottles. I've found it great to try a whole bunch of expensive scents without risking large amounts of money on blind buys of Creeds, Montales etc. It also allows for controlled testing rather than department store olfactory overload!
I'm awaiting my decant of this (along with Terre D'Hermes EDT &EDP) as I write, so will be able to compare all 3 and will add my thoughts in due course.

RUDOLFO512
RUDOLFO512

I tried a sample of Red Vetiver this evening and I am in love. It does smell a lot like Terre d'Hermes but a bit rougher. The dry down is beautiful with vetiver being the main accord followed by citruces. I love vetiver and I love this fragrance. I think it will work well in the fall and winter. I am getting a full bottle for sure, soon.

riverbank
riverbank

Don't overlook this perfume if you are a woman! I tried it and found that there was a sweetness underlying the vetiver and woods that makes it perfect for a hot summer's day. I felt as if I had been transported to the rolling western hills of North America where the scent of the sage in bloom mixes with the scents of grasses growing and breezes whispering through the evergreen trees. Twelve hours after I sprayed just a trace on my arms the wonderful scent still surrounds me. While it would be perfectly suitable for a man, women who are looking for scents that aren't floral should see if 'Red Vetiver' suits them.
This is the second of Montale's perfumes that I have bought. My first was 'Full Incense', another scent designed for men but intense and interesting on women's skin. I'm sensing a pattern here and will be trying more of Montale's perfumes.

illatos
illatos

Terre De'Hermes is much better and sophisticated. You need to wait 4 hours to get it smell right, so if you go somewhere and the journey take more then 4 hours than use this one. Otherwise use Terre which lasts longer then this.

bouddha bleu
bouddha bleu

Similar to Terre d'Hermès? Absolutely yes! But more potent and in my opinion with a better drydown.

I get many compliments and Red Vetyver works great with my body chemistry and I appreciate it a lot… Unfortunately, my nose doesn't find it nice. Sharp contrast perfumes - hot/cold; citrus/pepper combinations, make me somehow nauseated.

Despite my spoiled complaints and bad, bad subjectivity - this is a high quality, stylish creation with a very strong french character. If you like french admiration for exotic and a sophisticated cosmopolitan allure - you must try it! Also, Terre d'Hermès fans (and I know lots of them), please, do not miss this one!

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Cedar, Iso E Super, citrus, spices, a sweet base accord comprising patchouli, tonka, perhaps sandalwood. Terre d'Hermès? Yes, quite a bit. But also more "generic" mainstream oriental-woody scents like for example Carbone by Balmain. Not the slightest hint of vetiver except for a rubbery-pencil feel à la Encre Noire which I'm given to know someone still mistakes for vetiver. Not stinky, but derivative, dull and plain.

Okay so I'm pretty seasoned in Montale fragrances now...I've tried a lot of them. Red Vetyver is one of the stragglers after working my way through various Aouds.
Yes...I thought to myself...how much can this smell like Terre d'Hermes? Well... ALOT! is the answer.
The opening is that gorgeous juicy orange tempered with dry earthy vetiver the spice of pepper and cleanness of cedar.
It's a stunning fragrance done very well and it's the age old question..."who did it first?" or more ominously..."Who copied who?" (I don't believe in intentional copying in most cases BTW) well I think this was out in 2008 and Terre was 2006 if I remember correctly?
But more importantly is there anything which sets this apart from TdH and the answer could well be starring me in the face.
Recently I tried Terre d'Hermes EDP for the first time and pitted it against the faithful EDT. The main difference was that I prefered the 'ever so' slightly boozier, heavier and more fruity quality of the EDP in smell. However performance wise the EDT beat it hands down and the fragrance never changed from beginning to end, just straight delivers.
I'd say positively Red Vetyver possesses the great qualities of both! The opening is exploding with orange fruit like the EDP, the bitterness of the EDT is there but it has the transitional drydown from the EDP.
That drydown incidentally is really nice and long as I've come to expect from Montale.
So Is it worth trading this for Terre d'Hermes?
That's no offense to this fragrance but even if it lasts longer that has never been an issue for me.
How about Montale make a copycat of D&G's the One that lasts 12 hours...then they'd have a winner on their hands!

RogerJr17
RogerJr17

First off I want to say for those who want a fragrance that is VERY season appropriate, this one might be the one for you, depending if this review appeals to you.

I really enjoy a few fragrances from Montale. Blue Amber is lobbying for that number one spot. Let's see why Red Vetyver is a solid contender for that number one.

Smell: Red Vetyver will instantly remind you of another fragrance provided you have smelled it. The fragrance I am referring to is Terre D'Hermes. The two are very similar with what they are trying to accomplish in my opinion, yet Red Vetyver just does it so much better. The vetiver note in here is just so earthy. Don't get me wrong it is in Terre D'Hermes as well, but the orange in TdH almost wants to "clean up" the vetiver. In RV, however, the vetiver is so dirty and I love that. Some vetiver fragrances have the tendency to go green that I have smelled. Red Vetyver does not follow that path. The pepper and the patchouli keep it very earthy. When I first sampled this, I didn't like the opening, but the drydown won me over. Now that I have owned it for a while and tested it extensively, I can honestly say now that the opening and drydown are equal now in my book. Wonderful smell.

Longevity: Montale is no slouch when it comes to making quality fragrances which last a long time. This scent is no different. Red Vetyver lasts about 10-12 hours on my skin any given wearing. No complaints here.

Projection: Montale is ALSO no slouch at creating scents that can melt your face off. Their oud scents being the ones that I hear most about which accomplish this feat. Red Vetyver is not quite as loud as their oud scents, but still packs a good punch. I have tested Original Vetiver and Red Vetyver side by side. 3 sprays of OV and 3 sprays of RV. Red Vetyver outperformed OV in all departments. I am not biased toward either house for the record. Both houses are great in their own right. I digress. Red Vetyver projected for a solid 6 hours on me before slowly dying down, but never becoming a skin scent.

Versatility: This one is pretty versatile. I wore it in the winter and it just wouldn't quit. I believe this fragrance is meant for the spring. No doubt. I do think, however, that it should not be limited to the spring. You can wear this basically whenever you please. It can hold its own in any scenario in my humble opinion.

Final rating: 9.7/10

shoryuke
shoryuke

i found a shop, let's say the only shop that sells Montale frangrances. when i found this shop, i tried testing it on the paper. Montale's Red Vetyver is pretty similar to Terre D'Hermes i love the smell of these two, but i dont wanna test on my skin becoz i was wearing a fragrance that day. so at the 2nd visit, i went to Montale shop first. i tried Red Vetyver on my skin (only one spray on my right wrist) and then i went to another perfumery which took around 15 minutes of walking distance and tested Terre D'Hermes on my left wrist and the lady did two sprays!

I found both Red Vetyver and Terre D'Hermes works fine to my body chemistry. Both are pleasant scents but Terre D'Hermes fades faster than Red Vetyver. One spray (Red Vetyver) with a 15 minutes gap. againts 2 sprays (Terre D'Hermes). i found that Red Vetyver is the winner for both projection and longevity, solid 12hours plus! and the real beauty in Red Vetyver is the dry down, the scent of woodsy and earthy vetiver keeps hanging all day! the Testing Paper which i sprayed on with the Red Vetyver in the first day still smells lovely!

So after another week, i went back to that shop and i grabbed Montale's Red Vetyver 100ml, and they gave me a free 20ml travel size Sprayer which is really cool, i can transfer some of the juice from the 100ml bottle. Plus, yes plus! the guy gave me samples to try on. Montale's Black Aoud, Greyland and Aoud Leather. Le Labo's Vetiver 46 and Santal 33 samples as well!

Double Thumbs up for Montale's Red Vetyver! it is a Rockstar!

So after another week, i went back to that shop and i grabbed Montale's Red Vetyver 100ml, and they gave me a free 20ml travel size Sprayer which is really cool, i can transfer some of the juice from the 100ml bottle. Plus, yes plus! the guy gave me samples to try on. Montale's Black Aoud, Greyland and Leather Aoud. Le Labo's Vetiver 46 and Santal 33 samples as well!

Double Thumbs up for Montale's Red Vetyver! it is a Rockstar!

rum
rum

After much anticipation and quite a lot of effort, I managed to come by a decant from a renowned site in Germany, as Montale isn't available in the UK.
What a complete disappointment this was! People go on about how this is similar to my signature scent, Terre d' Hermes, but all I can detect is ethanol/alcohol (ISO E Super perhaps?), some light citrus and that's just about it. No evolving pattern of top/middle/base notes, just a very bland alcohol-like scent with light citrus. I was expecting a more woody scent overall, but this turned out to be quite revolting. It was a scrubber - it turned out to be too medicinal and all-out synthetic. I expected more from a company that has been praised on these forums as being 'the baseline' of vetivers and orientals.
OK, I'm not going to judge Montale on just one fragrance, but if this is anything to go by, I will be approaching even a decant of any Montale fragrance with great caution. Don't hold your breath. Stick to Terre d' Hermes or if you prefer, give DR Harris Windsor a try. A very big thumbs down from me on Red Vetyver.

Marciu

It's the second Montale fragrance that I've ever tested. I love it.

On my skin I obviously feel a lot of vetyver. But it's not pure, green vetyver, no! It's perfectly blended with pepper(also plenty of it here :D) and citruses.

To be honest, I reached for Red Vetyver 'cause I wanted to find something what could replace Terre d'Hermes in my wardrobe. Well, it's not the same, but now I'm 100% sure it'll be a good replacement. Sometimes it reminds me of good, old Terre, but it smells more mature. And more sophisticated, I would say.

You have to be careful on the trigger with this one, it's for sure. It projects so good, that 2 sprays are enough. That guarantees you longevity about 10 hours, at least on my skin. And it's not so heavy, eventually could be used whole year round. But in my opinion it fits best for spring and autumn.

To me this one and old Terre d'Hermes are the smells of autumn...

Marciu

@hankypanky2 - Terre d'Hermes Parfum is flat and linear and this one is much more complex.

hankypanky2
hankypanky2

How is this compared to tdh parfum. I blind bought tdh parfum based on reviews here and other sources.

janeworld
janeworld

I usually prefer men's scents to women's, and warm scents to cool, so this hits a lovely sweet spot; great, sharp, spicy / peppery opening that recedes to a fresh-edged yet comforting middle note, like walking in the forest in afternoon sun. The cedar and pepper (which I read more as pink pepper, perhaps because of the warmth and softness it has) strike as strongest notes through the mid-section.

The drydown is quite clean and soapy on me, similar to Prada Pour Homme, but this is much nicer.

I won't buy this one yet (there are too many on the list) but it is on the list.

7.5/10

pjd1234
pjd1234

One of my most recent purchases from montale. Montale is my favorite niche house for a reason they last and project and very well made. At first spray i have to agree it reminded me of terre d hermes edt. ill be honest i did not get the wow factor as i smelled it before in terre d hermes which i do have as well but red vetyver is a little peppery and earthy with hint of spice at dry down. this does not remind me of spoiled oranges by the way as which i do in hermes. red vetyver smells of first class squeezed oranges/grapefruit with pepper and spice makes the scent a lot warmer and not bright the sort of vibe i find in terre d hermes edt. red vetyver is more sophisticated and more well made. the main question is? if you have tdh is it necessary to buy red vetyver IMHO if youre a collector absolutely for a non collector no as you wont appreciate it. I describe red vetyver as the more refind and sophisticated version of terre d hermes. If youre thinking of getting tdh might as well get this one for a bit more you wont be disappointed. my rate
longevity 10/10 10 plus hours
sillage above average 9/10 easily a ten i give it a 9 does project for hours.
uniqueness 8/10 a little low score because of the similarities with tdh.
overall smell 10/10 no questions here stunning and perfect.
price vs quality 10/10 worth every penny
versatility all seasons love motale does not dissapoint me thus far.

oliver1h

One of my favourite vetivers and favourite Montales. This fresh combination of spices and vetiver seems to appeal me a lot! I just purchased a full bottle from this beauty. This scent is really relaxing, and sets my mind to a relaxing, confident state. This smells like a hay of dried vetiver roots splashed with Grapefruit and Black Pepper. I smell Elemi, Patchouli, Cedarwood too, which adds to the complexity of the scent. These notes stay in the background, never overpowering the vetiver/spice notes. Great longevity and sillage.

On a sidenote: I have and use both Terre d'Hermes and Montale's Vetyver. I admit they are similar, but if you "listen", you can smell the differences. Honestly I can recommend both.

Jwaks
Jwaks

My favorite vetiver fragrance to date. A brighter and richer terre d'hermes. So warm, spicy and fresh. Vetiver and black pepper wrapped in bright, juicy grapefruit! A must try for vetiver lovers!

williamvargas
williamvargas

have tested this one a few times, a very bright opener definitely is the way of terre de hermes., this one has better projection and just seems to be a stronger version of that fragrance, there are some slight differences but overall if you like terre , you may love this one. I find myself wearing this one more than terre and I used to wear that frequently. I still love terre and this in no way is a knock on that fragrance because I consider that to be a masterpiece..montale overall , their scents seem to be much stronger with the same application with all their fragrances I have tested. so for the price this might not be a bad value..i will just call it terre de hermes on steroids. this is a great fragrance I read where someone mentioned two sprays, that is about right, you need about 4 to 6 from terre to get the same type of projection, this also may last longer so something to consider. I am not really sure I think this is a better smell than terre, I do like the softer dry down that terre has, this strong of a fragrance might be a little off putting if you went too heavy, it is strong...so if you just buy the fragrance for the opener? it is a toin coss all considered this is just more concentrated perhaps, but I certainly would not throw my terre away. check It out though, order samples of each and compare, then you can make the call.i love them both, they are both gorgeous scents.i don't think you can go wrong either way.thumbs up.

nadr
nadr

ممكن احد عربي يحكينا على تجربته على هدا العطر .. ممكن ؟

MadameCherie
MadameCherie

Everyone mentions this for spring, summer or fall, but I think this scent is perfect for cold weather. Sharp, crisp, green. Just like a walk thru the botanical garden on a soft and snowy winter's day.

lassie172
lassie172

man woman use it :) nice fragrance

russian
russian

is it really for men only? I had a sample and was going to buy it for my mom, she really liked it.She liked it and i liked it too. Now i am confused. Please help!

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

Gorgeous green vetiver with citruses and spices - a richer, deeper and stronger version of Terre d'Hermes. Great for spring and summer.

Kochy7058
Kochy7058

Solid scent, I get an opening of spicy wet diced carrots that is surprisingly pleasant. Lasts for most of the work day. More unisex than straight men's scent. Recommend for a change of pace spring, summer, fall fragrance.

christmasinjanuary
christmasinjanuary

Oh my god....after reading the reviews and already having Montales masterful patchouli I thought I would try this one. Red Vetiver is amazing. I am not gonna try and pick apart the different scents but on my skin this stuff smells amazing....my nose is literally glued to my wrist....lol.....sillage is great and longevity is great too. Definitely gonna buy a full bottle of this.

oliver1h

Earthy, fresh and peppery vetiver. Great sillage and longevity. Perfect for spring, summer. I can't compare it to Terre d'Hermes, but judged on its own merits I love it!
Edit: Compared to Terre d'Hermes the vetiver is more clear here. Still love it!

Ovaltine Jenkins
Ovaltine Jenkins

I've tried several vetivers recently - TF Grey Vetiver, Encre Noir, and Guerlain but this one is my fave. The combination of grapefruit and pepper blend well with the vetiver and take some of the sharpness out of the vetiver. Sillage and longevity are excellent; price not so much.

Legionaire
Legionaire

@reiabaygar, price is around 100 euro...so you get the very best out of Terre d'Hermes and much more, for the same money!:)

reiabaygar
reiabaygar

DOES ANYBODY KNOW THE PRICE OF THIS RED VETIVER?
THANKS...

Redpula
Redpula

Red Vetiver is exlusive and gorgeous.

It is far better than Tom Ford's Grey Vetiver because this RV smells so rich and elegant.

I like this better than Chanel Sycomore (sweeter and milder). RV is strong but non cloying. It is a scent that would make a statement that you've got a wonderful taste in fragrance. It is rich, the vetiver is formal, the projection and longevity is to die for.

So far, I have tried 5 Vetiver fragrances and awaiting Guerlain Vetiver Extreme and 1902 Vetiver. But of all these 5, my top is RV, second is Encre Noir, next would be Sycomore, Vettiveru and TF Grey Vetiver.

Red Vetiver is good to blind buy so long as you have an idea what a vetiver note smelled from other perfumes. You can't go wrong with RV. It is for me, so far, Montale's best after trying my other Montales: Red Aoud, Black Aoud and Aoud Ambre.

Montale Red Vetiver: 9.5/10 ... It is almost a holy grail. It is at par with my Ferrari Essence Oud, Meharees, A*Men and TM Angel.

Aks
Aks

where to get this from????pls help..want this badly..

Pegasus
Pegasus

Another epic win blind buy, while I was already a big fan of Terre d'Hermes, unfortunately both EDT and pure parfum didn't last long on my skin so I decided to give Red Vetyver a shot. My bottle arrived this morning (Extra Concentration) and I applied only two sprays on both sides of the neck, I'm still getting whiffs of it as I'm writing this review 12+ hours later. This one is excellent, a far better Terre with outstanding longevity and very good projection. A true head turner!

cable311
cable311

I never was a big fan of vetiver, but this is amazing. I guess I really am not a fan of green fragrances more so than vetiver, but there is something mesmerizing about Red Vetiver. When I wear it I feel so elegant. Like I should put on an Italian suit and head out for a night on the town. There is a richness to this that makes it stand out. The smell is strong, but nothing is overpowering or out of place. Red Vetiver also seems very manly to me. I have a hard time seeing a woman in this.

As all Montale the silage is excellent. My only complaint is it only last about 6 hours on my skin. I don't know if I just overlook the pepper once the vetiver wears off, but every time I wear Red Vetiver I have this amazing vetiver scent that just falls off a cliff at about 6 hours.

timeazsofia
timeazsofia

I know this is a man fragrance, but I like it so much! Maybe I will wear on summer...
I agree with everybody, this is better and more intensive than Terre d'Hermes!

fqjcior
fqjcior

Better version of Terre d'Hermes IMO. After I tried it a few times, Terre is no longer my favourite, which surprised me quite a lot. The main advantage of Red Vetyver over Terre is what is going on 3-4 hours after application. RV smells much better than Terre in it's heart and base, as heads are very similar.

Xanti
Xanti

As to me it's like an Ice & Fire in one vial.

Terre d'Hermes? Perhpas only when to judge both very briefly. But RV - this is quite another scale, and it seems like Terre d'Hermes is loosing...

People around do pay attention to this, and the Owner of this Scent will share deserved success with this Aroma. It has attracting power - nothing to say! Seems like easily would fit man & woman. After sprits it begins sparkling with all colors - Vetiver, Grapefruit, Pepper.... And after some time suddenly appear like from nowhere Cedar & Patchouli in the lucent cloud of Peruan balsam. And all this beauty shining, playing by the edges, like in kaleidoscope. And it's playing with you, giving new turn of impressions! It comes to mind some comparison with mysterious Forest after the rainfall, with wet & odorant evaporations coming up from the Trees and Earth, melting in the hot air of Sunset – that’s the feeling like.
Supposed to be evenly good for every of 4 times of the year -and every time you’ll be gifted by this Aroma with new impressions! it‘s suitable for any occasion, and it is easily acceptable by most of people. The difference is in the measure of exclamations and delight you would hear around!
Only once I noticed negative report from one very malicious man that is completely unfair to this Scent. It’s like some spiteful hissing at Queen of Beauty by the reason she is beautiful…. But let’s keep it aside!
This is just splendid – just keep trying and get inspiration from this Scent – it’s just exactly created for that!

netorian
netorian

It's really like Terre d'Hermes (smell the tart of the grapefruit), but a Red Vetiver is drier. They are nearly in the same price (Hermes is bit cheaper). Hard to choose! After Hermes i'll wear this for hard business lunches.

cpk
cpk

It is really strange that I do not see geranium listed in its notes. Nor in Terre d' Hermes notes. They are very similar indeed but I prefer this one. Much warmer, stronger, a bit sweeter. It is like a cross between Terre d'Hermes and Vetiver Tonka.

Red Vetyver
I love it. It´s an extravagant fragrance. Super silage, super longevyti

alaaddin777
alaaddin777

basic formula:

2 x terre d'hermes = montale red vetyver (sillage and lasting power)

better than hermes.i love it.

Let me say that being myself a vetiver freak, after all the fuss I've heard about this fragrance, my expectations while approaching Red Vetiver were maybe too high but, as a matter of fact, I've been disappointed. At the same time I see why this fragrance counts many supporters around.

Red Vetiver shares more than one single similarity with Terre D'Hermes (a fragrance I don't love). While they quite differ in the opening where Red Vetiver adds some extra richness to the simple peppery-citrusy formula of TdH, and shows the unmistakeable Montale's hallmark with some (let's say) gourmandic hints, they become totally alike in the drydown. In this phase they share the same slight harshness, the same vetiver/woods combo, the same allure. I'm pretty sure that If you carefully look at them you'l be able to find more differencies and (maybe) prefer one over the other. Me? I didn't like the cheaper version (TdH) I don't see why I should like the expensier...

Tenacious lasting power and good projection (as usual in Montale's fragrances).

Rating: 6.5/10

alaLavande
alaLavande

Identical to Galimard's Aventure.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

Manly, yes, but I like it, too. It is definitely a unisex fragrance. I tried a lot of Montales and this was the one I ultimately purchased.

Red Vetiver is hot and spicy, with no sweetness at all, and dries down to a lovely, grassy vetiver that rivals the essential oil or absolute. I agree with the comparisons to Terre d'Hermes, but there is an off-note in that one that is not present in Red Vetiver. Terre also fades quickly, whereas Red Vetiver lasts 10+ hours and stays strong and true throughout.

Arvydas

I love it...super silage, super longevyti. Great for fall and Winter. Good job Pierre Montale

JeanMaurice
JeanMaurice

I like this.

Nice Vetiver with a touch of sweetness. More wearable than Guerlain Vetiver cause more modern.

First I got the rooty vetiver with lemon.
Secondly I got the pepper and cedar. But I can't detect the patchouly at all.

Long lasting and decent sillage. Won't offend anyone, this is most manly, not really unisex... in my opinion.

4.5/5

da_markos
da_markos

hmmmmm....

1st thought - opening is very, very similar to Terre d'Hermes.
2nd - for me it's linear scent. it doesn't envolve to much. i can feel rotten orange/grapefruit all the time. That's the difference between this one and Terre d'Hermes. Terre wander 3 steps way - from opening to drydown. Here i receve the same, main notes all the time. Is it bad? it depends what you like...
In my opinion you should try both scetn (this and Td'H) on your skin. It will be oracle. Those scents are so close to each other that it's hard to find the difference.
My advice if you like those kind of scent - do "death match" between Td'H edt, Td'H pure parfum and Red vetiver. Give each one the chance of full wear. Afther that you will have the winner for your.

mal23
mal23

For a mens vetitver scent this is a solid choice. However, the initial top notes are a little to peppery for my liking. But the rest of the middle notes and base notes are warm soft and soothing to the nose. With nice pachouli, vetiver, and cedar shining through the silliage towards the end. Overall great sillage = 8-12 hours consistently. Overall 8/10 for this scent. However, I do not think it is worth the $150.00 price tag.

Stefan
Stefan

Smells like Terres De'Hermes but better. I enjoy the pepper and cooldown. TDH does NOT have the HOT pepper yo get with this. And if you like that, why not just get this?

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montale Red Vetyver fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montale Red Vetyver, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Red Vetyver by Montale. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Red Vetyver by Montale represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

beauty at ebay