Designers » M » Aromatic Fougere « Groups

Legend Special Edition 2012 Montblanc for men

Legend Special Edition 2012 Montblanc for men
dislike

Legend Special Edition 2012 Montblanc for men Pictures Legend Special Edition 2012 Montblanc for men Pictures Legend Special Edition 2012 Montblanc for men Pictures

For the first birthday of the already famous masculine fragrance Legend, Mont Blanc launched its reissue—Legend Special Edition 2012. The new fragrance is a refreshed version of the original, a combination of cooling notes suitable for spring and summer.

Perfumer Olivier Pescheux gave a cold breeze of aromatic notes to already existing strong woody-fougere composition. Frozen ginger and spearmint provide extra aromatic freshness, backed by "hidden" ingredients of bergamot and mandarin, which extend through the entire fragrance. The composition’s core includes flowers of hybrid lavender, rose and jasmine. The base is recognizable with notes of tonka bean, sandalwood, dry amber and Evernyl molecule (a substitute for oak moss).

The fragrance is available as 100 ml Eau de Toilette.

Ginger flower Bergamot Mandarin Orange Mint

FCUK Summer Him

Legend Special Edition 2012 Fragrance Reviews

animalintown
animalintown

De ja vu-gr, appropriate review glad to find another user that appreciates Mont Blanc. Enjoy

foreignshores
foreignshores

My opinion on the 2012 special edition has completely changed. I've had my bottle for about three years. Blind buy. I was not impressed at first and I really didn't care for the mint note at the time. It wasn't the prominence of the mint that bothered me, but the lack of definition. Instead of feeling fresh, it felt very muddled and damp. The ginger was barely discernable and the citrus/lavender/tonka/geranium just seemed to settle into a pudgy blob underneath.

Disappointed, I stuck my bottle away and basically forgot about it. I passed altogether on the 2013 edition. When the 2014 edition came out, I tried it and fell in love. It was bright and crisp and invigorating, like I hoped the 2012 version would be. I purchased it on the spot and went through almost the entire bottle that summer. When autumn came, I picked up MBL Intense. Wore that through the winter. Loved it. By the time spring rolled around again, I had had enough of Legend for a while and moved on to other stuff in my collection.

So last week, I pulled the 2012 bottle out of my 'swap bin' and sprayed it a couple of times to make sure the sprayer worked. I had intended to swap or sell it, but I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist! I don't know what changed, but I seriously love this now. All I smell is fresh spearmint and grated ginger that settle down gracefully into the signtaure Legend base dna. Glad I hung on to it!!

GabrielCupim
GabrielCupim

Fresh Citrus Love!

Amazing scent, but not so great performance.
Expected more from a Montblanc.

Still, great for quick dates or anything that won't take too long!
I'm loving it anyway : )

sameh
sameh

Legend Special Edition 2012 Montblanc for men is having a very bad performance on my skin which is translated to longevity , projection , smell & bottle design.

longevity : 20 minutes tops.
projection : you have to be within 30 cm .
smell : oridinary citrus.
bottle design : Fine.

Shayan.k
Shayan.k

یک عطر خوب و خنک وسبک که دوستان بسیار خوب اون رو توصیف کردند.به نظرم شباهت هایی با عطر بلو د شنل داره.بلو د شنل تلخ تر و بسیار شفاف تر هست.به علت غالبیت ترکیبات لیمو و نعنا کمی ترکیبات شیرین به نظرم حسی شبیه به گوچی گیلتی بلک هم داره

Oudy
Oudy

Nothing really new here. Smells like 100 other "fresh" scents out there. Actually this is the exact same smell you get when you walk into an Abercrombie store. This is boring and uninspiring. I haven't a clue what the price of this is, but if it's more than 15 or 20 then you are getting robbed.

Scent 4/10...light and positively generic
Projection 5/10...moderate I'd say...1 spray on the wrist and I can smell it an hour later around my head
Fortitude 5/10...last a couple of hours.

Thoroughly forgettable

Gator83
Gator83

I own both the original Legend and this special edition. The special edition is a bit lighter than the original, with some notes taken out (pineapple, red apple) and ginger/mint thrown in. It's more refreshing and sharp because of the mint and ginger, so I wear this one during warm/causal days. I really love both scents and they are different enough to own both, some of the other special/intense additions are too close to get both. This one has received just as many compliments as the original and is a pleaser. I get the same longevity and a tad less projection as the original. I would recommend a blind buy, as it's hard to find samples now. If you are looking for a bottle just type special edition as it was the first and it will sometimes not say 2012 edition, but make sure it is frosted blue and not clear bottle.

deja vu-gr
deja vu-gr

Really refreshing and bright perfume excellent for spring,summer,early fall season. A very nice alternative when you don't prefer to wear aquatic scents but you want to feel clean and fresh. I prefer this than the original legend (that I love too) because the plastic,synthetic note of the pineapple that is present in the original is missing here and that makes it less synthetic and more well crafted. Not in your face fragrance with decent longevity and projection though. Very good job by Mont Blanc,so it deserves a big thumbs up.

Mr.Bobby.N
Mr.Bobby.N

I thought that since this has less of a tonka Bean/musky undertone than the regular 'Legend' version... I'd like it a lot more... but I'm confused with this one.

The ginger really helps it 'kick' in the topnote, but a little too much. I was expecting the smooth ginger of KENNETH COLE BLACK... but this one is very 'lemony'

Both this 'special edition' and the regular one are great in their own way though.

---------------------------------------------
SILLAGE: good
LONGEVITY: average
SCENT: excellent
VALUE FOR MONEY: average

OVERALL: 8/10
---------------------------------------------

Stoycho
Stoycho

Absolutely in love scent!!!! :)

dmirror
dmirror

This is a nice scent might be a little too minty for some people but still i'll say it's slightly better than the original check this one out on your skin before buying it to me it smells good it's a 7/10 I just smelled this one I don't own it but i might buy it i'm leaning more towards issey summer or jpg le male summer

michael.j
michael.j

This is a grown-up version, though not too grown-up, of the minty-citrus genre. Not innovative in any way, but well made and solid. It straddles the formal and the more relaxed. It reminds me a lot of Burberry for Summer 2013, but without the very fruity top, and with a lot more lime instead. Very sharp and bracing. This would be better with more orange, though nothing quite as sweet as Orange Sanguine or Artisan. Maybe Bigarade. Still, I like it a lot and have been wearing heavily for two days now. Loving the icy mint.

Mark Antony
Mark Antony

A great summer frag. The mint makes this frag heavy in the beginning but after 1 hour you undestand the citrus notes and together they give a very refreshing result.I agree that the dry down reminds the original one.I can not say which is better because i think that the original is for winter ans fall and not for summer. But both of them in my opinion are sexy and long lasting frags. In my skin lasts about 8 hours and thats a big advantage because other equally great summer frags (chrome, bleu de chanel) last less than 5-6 hours. Closing I recommend it to the guys who want a clear manly summer frag.

paralataringa
paralataringa

I dont like it, it is just like the original but with lots and lots of mint on top of it, not a good blend here and the worst part is that the mint monster last for hours!!!!

Rankn504
Rankn504

This stuff smells sooo good better than the original. The original is to much like Fierce frm Ambercrombie.This is manly on the dry down but it doesnt last,well on me it doesnt it stays close to the skin but its great stuff..

trickykid300
trickykid300

this is a really cool scent, it reminds me of a mojito when it first is sprayed but in a really good way. it is the mint and lime with some sweetness. it makes it kind of tasty almost. I might purchase this, it is a relaly fun scent. Everyone should check it out.

Scrash Luisao
Scrash Luisao

Yo compre esta fragancia, pero que les puedo decir amigos? es especial, fresca, varonil y deliciosa!! me hace volar a mis viejos tiempos en la escuela y colegio, aunque es un olor viejo, pero un poco mejorado!! nunca dejare de usarlo!! un 10 para Mont Blanc, esta de miedo esta loción!!

silvernose
silvernose

Previous review is in my words I was just not signed in at the moment.

The opening of This scent has a minty mysterious linger, that tip-toes across the nose but is heavy enogh to leave an impression. Then comes the heart where the mint is still there dancing on top of these woody notes and there is also a creamy vibe to it. Now the dry down its charismatically aloof and gently assertive. This fragrance makes for a sophisticated independent charismtic mysterious look. A plus plus in my collection.

TheLumineri
TheLumineri

JUST received this one...1 spray to each wrist and 3 to the neck/chest...I could EASILY love this! Opens minty fresh with notes of mandarin, some Ginger to open up the sinus...smoothes out with masculine florals...will keep you posted on the drydown...so far I'm REALLY liking it!

UPDATE:
+3hrs: Mint is pretty much dissipated at this point...Still able to smell some floral hints and very faint mandarin...not as pronounced, but still present. It's starting to pretty much die down at this point. I don't think it will make it passed 5 hrs - which is still pretty good.

MY RATINGS:
Smell: 9/10
Potency: 7/10
Sillage: 7/10
Overall: 8/10

CONCLUSION:
This was a blind-buy for me since I enjoyed the 2011 MBL EDT, and I'm glad I've acquired this juice. It's definitely worth it! I could see myself getting another bottle once it's done. May perform better in warmer weather, but it's pretty well balanced for normal wear in my opinion.

murysusanto
murysusanto

Well balanced, fresher than the black legend. Glad to have owned one. I must say that this deserves 9/10

iranperfumer
iranperfumer

نظر افراد زیادی را برای خود میعار دادم اما توافتی را که بتوان در دیگر محصولات باشد پیدا نکردم پس احساس دوستاران برای یک عطر خوب شیک وساده را احترام گذاشته برای روزانه پیشهناد میکنم.

leslievadams
leslievadams

VERY MASCULINE NICE FRESH BUT STRONG FRAGANCE GOOD TO GO OUT AT NIGHT TIME> LOOKS LIKE IT WILL OUTSTAND.

Kain
Kain

Well, actually I like this one!
I think it's much better and much more pleasant than the original!
Start really fresh with mint and citrus notes and some spice from ginger. it's not synthetic like the original! it's much more natural.
In the mid and base the mint is gone, the citrus is weak in the background and you can smell a fresh, semi sweet melon smell! there is no melon in the notes, but it does have that melon vibe.
Good projection and longevity.
Check this one out and forget the original!
It's not something new or unique but it's very pleasant. specially against the original with that synthetic sweet pineapple note!!!
A good choice for spring and hot summer days.
خوب راستش به نظر من از نسخه اصلي خيلي بهتره
رايحه اوليه اين عطر بوي بسيار خنك و شاداب نعناء هست به همراه بوي ترش و خنك مركبات كه بوي بسيار خوب و طبيعي داره و حس سرزندگي به آدم ميده
در ادامه بوي نعناء به مرور محو ميشه و بوي مركبات خيلي ضعيف در حاشيه قرار ميگيرن و شما يه بوي نسبتا شيرين و بويي شبيه به خربزه رو حس ميكنين
شيريني عطر خيلي كمه و اصلا توي ذوق نميزنه
پخش بو و ماندگاري خوبي داره و از نسخه اصلي خيلي بهتره به نظر من
براي بهار و روزاي گرم و مزخرف تابستون انتخاب خوبيه

carera
carera

same as old legand specially in the dry down the different in top notes you will smell more lemon citruss plus little spices .

Anywhereyouare
Anywhereyouare

Subtle yet longlasting, refined mixture. Mature, day-time scent with average projection. Opens with citruses and fresh spices, then turns into aromatic, florals blend nice with woods and amber. Alltogether it feels quite green, vibrant/spicy fresh, very pleasant and sophisticated, I'm enchanted.
It reminds me a bit of YSL Live Jazz so I asume it isn't very unique but except one false artificial note (oakmoss I suppose, I don't have nose trained that well), I didn't find any flaws.

Guest_Swahili
Guest_Swahili

تبدوا ممتعة ولذا تستحق التجربة
لكن الروائح الصيفية دائما ليس لها عطر جديد ومميز للأسف

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012 fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Montblanc Legend Special Edition 2012, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Legend Special Edition 2012 by Montblanc represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.