Designers » M » Oriental Fougere « Groups

A*Men Kryptomint Mugler for men

A*Men Kryptomint Mugler for men
dislike

A*Men Kryptomint Mugler for men Pictures A*Men Kryptomint Mugler for men Pictures

The new limited edition of the masculine Thierry Mugler fragrance for 2017 is A*Men Kryptomint, its fresh interpretation with peppermint as the main ingredient. The fragrance is designed as a powerful "star" that instantly restores your energy. The composition opens with notes of frozen US peppermint. Egyptian geranium forms the heart of the perfume, while the base captures patchouli and tonka.

Available as a 100 ml Eau de Toilette. The nose behind this fragrance is Jacques Huclier.

Mint Sage

Geranium

Patchouli Tonka Bean Chocolate Coffee Vanilla

A*Men Ultra Zest

A*Men Kryptomint Fragrance Reviews

olfactorium
olfactorium

I’m not sure how some folks can adore Ultra Zest and not at least like Kryptomint. They are, after all, like fraternal twins birthed from the pop culture of Andy Warhol’s Silver Sixties. Perhaps it has to do with the auto-response people have to certain aromas. That’s understandable, but the principle is the same for both of these: take the coffee heart of the A*Men formula and add one intense, compatible note to create a new fragrance with the same DNA. Package it in rubberized living color. Voila!

I passed on Ultra Zest after wearing a sample mailed to me by Mugler because I felt that, although the blood orange was very good, I had other orange fragrances that I liked even better, like Hermes Orange Vert. I will give Mugler credit for appearing to ignite the current craze for blood orange in fragrance (a’la Dior Homme Sport 2017, Dunhill Desire Extreme, etc.), but Kryptomint is more stimulating in my opinion. The essential mint is uplifting and combines with the chocolate in a pleasant way that remains gourmand, but not suffocating. The patchouli comes forward here, the geranium adds an unexpected floral touch, and the caramel as well as a few other notes are dropped.

I can also vouch for the fact that Kryptomint really comes to life on sun-warmed skin. I live in a subtropical climate. If I am working in my flower garden in the hot sun and come in the house all sweaty and wilted, a few spritzes of this right after a quick shower is absolutely delightful. I liked the sample I received so much that I ordered it straight away from Mugler and have been wearing it with relish ever since. I have gotten several “You smell wonderful!” type exclamations from strangers, but this is not a criterion for me. Kryptomint is just a fun, spring into summer personal refresh-MINT! This A*Men flanker also compliments warm weather wardrobe essentials brilliantly. Good timing on the part of Mugler.

mikemuscles21
mikemuscles21

I love this one. To be blunt I enjoy all of the A*men versions and I can detect the mint here. It's light but adds an icy touch. And i also like all of the zillion Angel flankers lol.

On a side note, I totally understand the comment a few comments down about sales associates not knowing the notes. It's such a turn off for me. Here they are, doing my dream job, and they can't even explain to you the notes in the fragrance. How do they expect to sell any? In Canada we have The Bay, Holts, Nordstroms, Shoppers drug mart etc. I find if I go into any retail outlet, if the sales rep is so uneducated that they can't tell me the notes, I just walk away. Here I am, a customer, and I can tell them every single note off the top of my head for virtually every fragrance that is at least recent. In many cases I can even tell you the name of the perfumer, and usually the house history etc. I know all of this for fun!

So when I go into a store and the sales associate says to me, "I don't remember the notes in this one. There's just too many fragrances to know." I stare back and in the back of my mind I say to myself "there literally isn't. If anything there should be more new ones coming out." These sales people make me sick. They should be thankful to have jobs and show some appreciation by learning their product.
And that is my misplaced rant on sales people. It's honestly enough to drive me to continue making my purchases online instead. That and pushy salespeople, and when security follows you around to make sure you don't steal a tester. Lol I have never stolen in my life and honey, trust me, I got the funds or I SURE AS HELL PICKED THE WRONG HOBBY! Lol

wodzocelot
wodzocelot

Ultra Zest is my signature. but this... is sooooo boring, Five'o'clock scent, not worth mentioning. sorry, Mugler, you created Pure Malt and Zest... so why have you given us this sweet toothpaste?

Guinea54
Guinea54

Not sure why this one is getting so much hate. Its a decent release. Its in the genre of ultra zest... but pure coffee and pure leather and pure pure pure were all in the genre of the original A*men. That is nothing new. This has mint without being too minty.. and it has the A*men DNA without having it too loud and bold. I enjoy it, and have a 10ml decant I will wear this spring/summer. When I get whiffs of this stuff in the air it is a pleasant smell. The mint tones down and mixes into the fragrance to slightly lighten up the A*men DNA and makes it a little more crisp.. I have to wear it more to give this a more thorough review... As for now

Scent 4/5
Performance 4/5
Season: Any season but think Spring/Summer Or 60-75F ideal temp range.
Overall right now on initial impression.. 4/5

invaderlark
invaderlark

I tried this at Ulta yesterday and I absolutely love it. This is a first impressions based on paper and on my skin.

It first starts off with mint and patchouli, but this isn't typical Mugler patchouli and mint to me. To me this is dank dark earthy patchouli with an herbal twinge of mint and some sweetness in the background. I can see the resemblance to Ultra Zest but only because they most likely share the same drydown. Performance was good on my skin. Lasted a good 8 hours on my skin and projection was moderate, nothing loud or obnoxious. To be honest I wouldn't want something like this to project too much because it might be controversial. I'm very impressed with Thierry Mugler, oh excuse me "Mugler"; stupid name change, like imitating Dior and Saint Laurent. Other than the stupid name change I'm very impressed so far with the house. I'd still love an Alien Man or Manity. To contradict Angel maybe Devil or Demon would be a good opposite as well. Just a thought.

Cory Anders
Cory Anders

Kryptomint is a fresh, yet sweet fragrance, that's very well suited for casual, spring wear. The mint quiets down after a couple hours wearing, and the patchouli and tonka dominate from there on out (surprise, surprise coming from the A*Men line).

I enjoy the crap out of this. I throw this on for almost any normal daytime occasion, whether it be work or an off day, and have gotten lots of positive feedback. Although it smells youthful and pleasing, it comes off as being unique. I feel pretty confident when I wear this that people are generally going to like it and find it to be a smell they may not encountered before. As long as Mugler keeps cranking out stuff as good as they have been in their A*Men line, I'll keep being a customer!

jabar
jabar

The new A*Men flanker, Kryptomint, provides a different interpretation of the gourmand A*Men DNA. Kryptomint does follow alongside the more successful and celebrated Pure Malt and Ultra Zest flankers, but stands apart enough to justify its existence.

Kryptomint features a cool, creamy mint wrapped up dark chocolate (After Eight mints, for sure) from the patchouli A*Men base. Sprayed lightly, the patchouli rings out, emphasizing the darker chocolate shell. With a heavier trigger, the richness of the mint is emphasized, bringing to mind creamy minty cookies.

While the levity of the minty composition might bring to mind Ultra Zest, Kryptomint is much less sweet and doesn't have the punchy top note (as Ultra Zest's orange behaves). Overall, the two really don't compare beyond the A*Men base.

Longevity is not as good, however, compared to the phenomenal Ultra Zest. Do indulge in a few more well-placed sprays and the scent can last at least 8 hours. Projection is good for the first few hours.

For a Mugler fan like myself, Kryptomint is an easy choice. For new comers, a good option too though, for me, Ultra Zest remains the top A*Men contender.

Wooster97
Wooster97

This new version of Amen is amazing!!the mint is instantly recognised in the top note and can still be smelt in the dry down as the base note!the mint and the coffee mix together to make a sweet aroma which hangs around for hours and hours,the light floral heart repeats through and gives it gardenia smell which lets it touch the feminine side of fragrances ,this is definitely not a fresh smell but still smells great for the summer as well as the winter !the heat does not get to this fragrance and therefore means day or night wear in the summer will not matter!love Thierry mugler fragrances ,hard to find in the uk for males fragrances but is always worth the try when ordering in!the pure versions ,the limited editions and the les exceptions range on the mugler website are all amazing!will wear this constantly !

Summer4Life
Summer4Life

After Eight chocolate with hints of the original A*Men in the dry down.
It's minty, not fresh. Fresh is something you'd wear in summer and I personally wouldn't wear this in hot weather, it's way too sweet for that.
Nice for winter, fall and maybe early spring, though.

Since no fragrance ever lasts long on my skin, I can't reliably comment on that.
On the other hand, sillage seems to be good. People notice it and even proceed to compliment, which is kinda rare for me - to get compliments on fragrances.

I agree with the average 3.67 / 5 rating, I guess.

ScentBent
ScentBent

Sales associate sprayed it on a card for me, and I asked her what it smelled like. She knew nothing about it.

It took her naming five notes before she finally said "perhaps just a touch of mint in there."

I smelled it and had to dig REAL deep to find any mint in this.

Had a third party smell it, they couldn't smell mint either (about five minutes in at this point).

Glad I found a few people online who can't find the mint either. MEANING: It's there, but BARELY there.

Ultra Zest is a massive blast of orangy creamcicle.

Where is the massive blast of mint?

The dry down is similar to (not exactly) like UZ. The dirty patchouli is surely there, with some other tiny nuances that differentiate it from UZ in the dry down, with the added bonus of a scent-memory thing experienced involving feelings from childhood that I can't place, but were quite nice.

I will never wear it, but it is worth testing again. I'm wondering if we all got a bad batch or something considering how everyone else is smelling the mint that we can't.

AlexFox
AlexFox

I got to test this out three times over at the airport on separate occasions.

This is very minty with patchouli being very noticeable in the mix. The smell on this is very Mugler which I typically love but this does not rank high compared to the other Pure flankers.

It is a very mint fresh sort of scent mixed into a rich sweet sort of smell. At times it felt like I was wearing mint chocolate. Performance is great and in line with other Pure products but not a stand out like Havane or Tonka.

It's an odd sort of summer scent that does smell good but it's not something I would want as a go to. What makes it fresh is the mint which in many ways is not the best note to take the lead as the only fresh note for what is suppose to be a summer scent. This is a good smell but you would do well looking elsewhere for that more versatile everyday use scent. Definitely a try before you buy.

bwieler21
bwieler21

I understand some of the hate as this fragrance is definitely not for everyone and should be tested before purchasing. I do give Mugler kudos for trying something a little out of the ordinary and that seems to be a theme with his fragrances. That is the reason I like his line so much.

I do like this fragrance and so does my wife. This is one of the fragrances she likes the most. It does smell like mint chocolate, especially on initial spray. After about 10-15 minutes the mint does die down, it is still there but not as prominent. After the initial 10-15 minutes it is a sweet, chocolaty, somewhat minty gourmand. It has great longevity, sillage and projection. I wouldn't say it is beast mode but, definitely above average.

This is a risky fragrance, not really an office or formal type of scent. More of a scent to wear around friends, family and at home for your own enjoyment, that is of course if you like minty chocolate.

hod
hod

worst fragrance out of the mugler line. think of a chocolate-mint praline (chocolate filled with mint) that's it. it's disgusting. it smells like some very bad mouthwash. got VERY bad reactions from family and friend. 1/10. a scrubber. try pure malt or pure havane, don't even TRY this one!

Seattle Dweller

@problematic try Aqua Celestia - lighter shower gel type vibe but classy and mature. Or Carven L`Eau Intense Carven.

problematic
problematic

I got a 5ml sample. What I was hoping for was something minty, fresh, clean – suitable for oncoming warm weather. This isn't that.

I have only tried the original A*Men before. To my nose, this has a lot of the same characteristics – ripe (if not overripe) fruit (mango, maybe?), a little vanilla, and maybe a hint of something woody in the background. Except that there is a a whiff of mint in the initial spray, as other reviewers have mentioned. Maybe a little in the background later, but very faint. Whoever said this opens like a peppermint patty or gum has a very different impression of that flavor/aroma than I have. I think of crisp, cool, very minty ... not present here.

This is maybe a dalliance or curiosity at best for me, not repertoire material. And definitely not the warm-weather, minty coolness I was hoping for.

Can anyone recommend a minty fragrance I might like better?

shayz
shayz

Ultra Zest in a green bottle nothing new

devenautar
devenautar

Yes! Bravo Mugler. I was waiting for this release for a long time and I am happy to say that it did not disappoint. Love it

Celeria
Celeria

Mint in Kryptomint is what Orange is in Ultra Zest ... Only in the opening ( 10 - 15 minutes ) then it's just the same as Ultra Zest , if you liked this one you'll like for sure Kryptomint , and performance is the same.

A bit disappointed since it's really really close to Ultra Zest , a more original release would have been prefered , but it's still a good fragrance ...

andonirdc
andonirdc

Freshly sprayed, it smells like pure mint, i'ts very refreshing. It feels like eating Tic-Tac or a mint gum : when you inhale, you can feel the freshness of the mint in your nose and your throat. That's very original ! However, I only felt the mint for the first 15 to 20 minutes. Then I was left with straight A*Men Ultra Zest ! I feel orange, blood orange, bitter orange, lime, lots of cinnamon, coffee, chocolate, the usual blast of powerful patchouli, tonka bean and the discrete vanilla in the background. Unfortunately I didn't smell any geranium and god know how much I love geranium...

As a lot of people commented bellow, this is more a flanker to Ultra Zest than to the regular A*Men. I like both but I don't see the point for this one as I already have the other two. I'd rather buy some Tic-Tac and spray some Ultra Zest ahah !

So it's a pass for me but it can be a great option for someone that doesn't have Ultra Zest yet. In my opinion, it's not as fresh as Pure Energy/Shot. I would wear it in autumn instead of spring/summer.

On a side not, the bottle is strangely a refillable one and the colour looks quiet good so it could be an good option to refill it with the regular A*Men for someone that want to show off a different bottle, at least I like the idea. :)

Colour: ORANGE and BROWN

Guilherme Fernandes
Guilherme Fernandes

A lovely Mint Chewing Gun...
Bring me back to my childhood

Seattle Dweller

Update after extensive testing at college.

Essentially a minty flanker to Ultra Zest.

YouTubers are giving this average to poor reviews - mostly because mint is played out. Walking around all day smelling like mouthwash and gum isn't very attractive. And Mugler Kryptomint does lean in that direction.

Positives: Kryptomint has got a light peppery nuance to it that I somewhat like. Similar to Prada Luna Rosa extreme but obviously blended with mint and less vanilla. So the twist from Mugler seems to be that the pepper-mint has a peppery kick to it. Like a Peppermint patty.

Opens with a menthol smell, also disliked by girls, "smells like you are sick" many said.

There is a feminine floral element that I can't quite place - not sure what notes are creating it but it reminds me of Mugler releases my girlfriend owns. Still haven't figured that part out. (anyone else?)

The dry down is simple tonka bean Armani Code freshness with some traces of mint left. Perhaps Armani Code mixed with Versace Eros and Prada Luna Rosa Extreme would be the best way to describe this release. And toss in some liquid menthol mint cough drops.

Reactions from female college students are now overwhelming negative. Girls definitely don't care for it - Just like the recent Jeremy fragrance video, nearly 50 girls I know at college all said the same thing. A few girls confused it with Versace Eros. Might be a nice scent to wear by yourself and not around other people.

"cheap gum, cheap mouthwash, not attractive." - UW girls

If someone is looking for a superior Mint fragrance (remember the warnings about Mint above) - try Aqua Celestia - lighter shower gel type vibe but classy and mature. Or Carven L`Eau Intense Carven.

aaronstarks73
aaronstarks73

The opening is where the 'mint' is. You smell like a York Peppermint Patty. After about 30 minutes, it dries down to smell very similar to the Ultra Zest dry down. But after about an hour, it smells JUST like the original A*Men except lighter and fresher. So it's basically an A*Men you can wear in the spring & summer (don't dare try that with the original)

It' projects just "ok". And that's fine. It last 6+ hours. But it's a "shirt spray" for me, so if you do that, you'll get 10+ hours.

An excellent all-round scent EXCEPT for work. This and Ultra Zest are too "playful" for my job at least (business casual). So casual to night out scent. A no-go for work or formal. I'm surprised I like it after the initial negative buzz in the frag-com.

victoriasecret0303
victoriasecret0303

Just got this in the post!! It definitely smells similar to ultra zest. However not quite as sweet and more earthy. I wouldn't say it's particularly fresh, it's more warm and does have the a men DNA.
I have got the good longevity everyone is lacking! On me it lasted well around 7 or 8 hours. Which is amazing considering it is an eau de toilette.

Overall it's a very nice fragrance with impressive performance however it's not as interesting as all of the othe other flankers. But if you are a mugler fan like myself it is a must buy!

Molko
Molko

I'm a fan of A*men creations, but now I'm disappointed, because Kryptomint is very similar to Ultra Zest after 5-10 minutes. it's fresh, cold, patchouli-mint combo. The projection on the skin is low, stronger on paper. I like the bottle and box, if you're a collector, you must buy only for the bottle:)

konkok
konkok

Smells amazing, I got a few compliments but performance sucks!!

I applied 10 times, after 2 hours : nobody can smell me.

Sashmatic
Sashmatic

I definitely like the mint touch of this fragrance. It´s a very nice combination of Amen´s signature scent and new ingredients. Kryptomint is a nice fragrance for early spring days, not too strong and yet warm and cozy

Altorhys
Altorhys

So, this is not to sell yet in my country, but following comments below, it is look like a mix between Ultra Zest and Pure Energy

lalelu
lalelu

They got the name wrong. This is pure Patchoulie because -> 80% Patchoulie and 20% Mint. Wtf?

Shaheen
Shaheen

As others have mentioned, Kryptomint resembles Ultra Zest in that they essentially took that fragrance and added a sweet mint note to the top. It's not a toothpasty or even natural smelling mint, but rather it's a sweet, synthetic (but enjoyable) mint note that's immediately recognizable as Mugler upon the first sniff. As someone else stated, I can even smell a bit of orange in the background, leading me to believe that they didn't even bother to strip out the citrus note from Ultra Zest before adding the mint in. In that sense, this is a lazy release from the house of Mugler, but I also think it smells really nice. The fact that some sort of citrus isn't listed as one of the notes in this release is very odd. It's easily recognizable in the top and middle notes.

If you enjoyed Ultra Zest, there's really no reason why you wouldn't like this one. The opening is slightly different (added "mint" note), but they basically dry down to the same base.

Tommy2fish
Tommy2fish

I am a huge fan of Mugler fragrences, womens and mens, but this one just doesn't work well on me. I love the opening blast but the dry down just bothers me. There is a Yankee candle that smells identical to this that I have to smell at work everyday so I might be just overdosing on this particular scent. Love the bottle, love that opening Andes chocolate type blast just not the Drydown

Buysblind
Buysblind

KRYPTOMINT begins with a very cooling, almost-mentholated, green mint, synthetic in the Mugler style but very nice and well done. It really has that nostril-chilling feel of crisp, cold mountain air when you inhale it. I think some of the coolness also comes from the geranium note, as there is definitely a subtle geranium floating around the top with its trademark bitter-spicy-cold nuance. Soon into its development the mint takes on a sweetness, so it moves from the cold crisp variety to more of a tonka infused mint with a fuller, rounder feel and beginning to show flashes of the A*Men style we've become acquainted with. The duration of the opening, when KRYPTOMINT is very cool and crisp, lasts for about 30 or 40 minutes. The sweetness begins to show itself around the 20 minute mark and becomes the dominant element of the mint at around 45 minutes, persisting until about an hour and a half to two hours. At this point KRYPTOMINT returns to a very familiar theme. It smells like a lighter version of Angel (think diluted by about 50%) or, as other reviewers have mentioned, the base of Ultra Zest (which smells like Angel). While I don't love this particular aspect of it, I don't mind it for TWO reasons: 1) The base is a much lighter version of the Angel DNA. Although the patchouli is apparent, it doesn't take over and feel heavy as it does in A*Men, Angel and Ultra Zest. 2) I find the smell of the mint transitions very nicely, and natulally into this stage. To put it simply--it works. I find the transition in Ultra Zest (from orange) sort of awkward and abrupt. But KRYPTOMINT moves gradually and smoothly from top to mid to base.

Overall, this is a good scent. I'd sort of place it right in the middle of the A*Men pantheon. It's not incredible, but it's enjoyable and well-done. The mint aspect is cooling and smooth, has a couple of nice transitions, and matches up with the base in a way that doesn't feel forced or clumsy. Its performance is kind of in the middle, with a politely restrained projection, but solid longevity. KRYPTOMINT closes out with a familiar theme, but due to its lightness, it doesn't ruin the nice feeling that was created in the opening and mid. Thumbs up.

strut
strut

Opens up with fresh minty almost toothpaste and a bit sour vibe. But the sweetness, with a little bit dirty patchouli that gives a white pepper feeling, immediately follows and gives the scent a depth and richness.

In the middle its a playful dance between patchouli, mint and sweetness (i guess that's geranium and tonka bean) as mint settles in the background with a time.

The dry-down (in about 30 min) is a patchouli base that gives earthy sourly menly vibe with sweetness that mostly reminds me a pineapple sweet syrup. Maybe that is where the relation to Ultra Zest - that creamsicle sweetness (this sweetness some times reminds me of Marina De Bourbon woman perfume from the 90s). The tonka inreaches it all and softens and the pepermint projects its sharpness in the background.

Sometimes the scent gives me a distant vibe of Pi by Givenchy but the patchouli is very Muglerish and the composition remains pretty unique.

I must say that all the notes are very natural for my nose, which i like very much. Sometimes i can almost chew a peppermint gum, and sometimes a can taste that pineapple sweet syrup, and some times I stuck my nose in in geranium with patchouli pot.. Amazing how such a minimalist notes fragrance can be so playful.

I would personally say that this is more a flanker to a Pure Energy then to Ultra Zest, as it lacks that prominent blood orange an mandarin ginger smell, but it has that patchouli and white pepper vibe from the Pure Energy.

On the performance side.. Its from the Ultra Zest and PE world - longevity about 3h, projection good for the first our and in the second hour it becomes closed skin. But I reapplied it second time with 3 sprays and the performance did got better and longer, and in about 5h from the second spray i did got a compliment about it.
Also there is no problem to over spray it as the scent remains soft and not cloying. Maybe there will be lots of peppermint in the first 3 minutes.

Well.. Mugler house done it again. A unique distinguished original high quality release, and I'm happy that i got it.
The surprise is that that the rubber flask is refillable... It opens up like the original black refillable A*Men flask.. I wonder why is that.

The scent lives beautifully in the cold weather and interesting how it will behave in the summer.

From the all A*Men line I think this flanker is light pleasant and defiantly lovable. It's like Blu De Channel crowd pleaser but in the Mugler unique quirky way (though the peppermint in the opening is unusual). Lots of people liked it on me.

I admit, I'm a Mugler fan, but its not me but my nose that loves it. If I expected the originality and enjoyablity from the Mugler scent when i heard about the flanker - i got it.

I was eager to smell this the moment it was announced and i wallowed the comments and reviews - Haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate... this is an excellent perfumery.

rerthegreat
rerthegreat

Blind bought this as i do with all of the new mugler releases. I was expecting thick, sweet, heavy peppermint mocha with that usual a men drydown. No sir. Big blast of mint in the beginning and then the mint fades in the background. Not a powerhouse, not sweet, not a pure flanker at all.

This is accurately described as a flanker to ultra zest. With that said, ultra zest wears heavy on me and i get a lot of that tar patchouli note and not a whole lot of vanilla. Not so with kryptomint. It is airy, breezy almost. This is going to be very interesting to wear in the spring time and summer, as I have a feeling the sillage and longevity will really pick up. This was a fail in terms of when they released this fragrance. Late march or early April release would totally change how this is reviewed and its expectations.

A very nice scent that I am glad i purchased, but i feel the review is incomplete because this is not a winter scent whatsoever. I feel a need to edit this review in 3 months, and I have a feeling you will see more likes, loves and positive reviews. Unless you're a collector you may want to try before you buy, With that said I am quite pleased and pleasantly surprised. To be continued...

Edit: The mint opening is absolutely incredible and invigorating on a freezing cold day. I like it more and more with each wearing.

Btw, imagine this: A light blue amen bottle with the usual star a light yellow or white, but in the design of a starfish. Pure paradise: Mugler needs to give us coconut, rum, vanilla contrasted against the trademark patchouli with some bright citrus and lush pineapple. Mugler is the one who could give us an incredible coconut fragrance and if constructed right and marketed properly would sell it in droves. Damn, I should contact them...

ses2017
ses2017

I ordered this the first day available on the MuglerUSA site. couldn't wait! I am a huge Mugler fan, and own most of their line. $90, free shipped and at my door in 2 days. I love the scent, very minty and sweet.

But that is where it stops. I have no idea (although I realize our body chemistry's are all different) how people have rated the sillage and longevity as high as they have. The scent and ingredients are wonderful, but that aside, it is barely noticeable (on me) after less than an hour. This to me is disappointing, as much of what Mugler makes lasts and projects well on me.

Perhaps I am the "odd man out", as it were, but since I was unable to find ANY samples/testers in my area, I rather 'blind bought' this, based on my experience with his (Mugler's) line.

All in all, I wish it were a more pronounced scent on me, as original A*Men, Leather, and Havane are, but it was not to be.

Solely from my perspective, a more apt name for this would have been "Disappoint-Mint".

mshilov
mshilov

Nice as always... But where is mint? It doesn't feel 'fresh' or 'frozen' even at the very beginning. Just sweet, sweeeet, sweeeeeeeeet...

beavisbonce
beavisbonce

I'm suddenly on muglers side. If my hit compositions were bringing in a million pounds a minute I too would be experimenting like a mad fiend in a laboratory with no limits. The result could be unwearable but hey kids the expense is in his hands but the fun is handed down to us. Thierry is the willy wonka of perfume!

antonpan
antonpan

Smelled this one today. Guys, this a flanker to Ultrazest, not to the regular Amen. An orange+patchouli combo with a mint coldness now. In the dry down Kryptomint becomes identical to Ultrazest.

YouSmells
YouSmells

Some reviews I overheard this past week:

"Really love this juice; doubles as a great breath freshener!" ...(Stewart Smelzit)

"Not only is this a great scent, it's the best sprayer I've ever used; great for developing mono-dexterity! I love a challenge!!" ...(Carey Mugler)

"Mommy says I smell like Peppermint Patties and candy canes; the kids at school all like me now!" ...(Tommy Nostrill)

Seattle Dweller

For those that blind buy (not me) this might help - I just sampled it Monday and have worn it to work and college last 3 days - my .02 cents.

Essentially a minty flanker to Ultra Zest.

YouTubers are giving this average to poor reviews - mostly because mint is played out. Walking around all day smelling like mouthwash and cheap gum isn't very attractive. And Mugler Kryptomint does lean in that direction.

Bolder and more rich than a typical aquatic scent, Mugler style it seems. Goes in the direction of Ultra Zest in terms of feel. IE Ultra Zest is creamsicle thick, not just light citrus.

There is a feminine floral element that I can't quite place - not sure what notes are creating it but it reminds me of Mugler releases my girlfriend owns. Ill be at her apartment Friday and sniff all her bottles and update this review if I can figure it out. *im weird like that but I KNOW its in some of her Mugler perfumes*

Reactions from female college students were mixed and a few girls confused it with Versace Eros. A handful of girls did bring up the mouthwash association - Kryptomint will always have that stigma.

Performance is the issue I have currently. Weather here in Seattle is the mid 40 degrees with heavy rain and its not holding up as well as Mugler Pure Malt or the original Mugler Angel. I haven't tried it on clothing yet but im struggling to get 5 hours thus far. And projection is also limited to a few feet. This won't fill a small room. No way. Its like its a fall fragrance....too thick for spring summer and too wimpy for winter.

Blackened
Blackened

After a couple of full wearing days .. I can say that is a cool smell.
It has a type of aromatic mint at the top ( slightly citrussy), covering the sweet A*men feeling , wich is at the background ... unveiled in a nice and light way, always noticeable but perfectly well restrained.What I like about the light A*men background is that I felt it more near to pure tonka kind of nice sweetness (not exacty the same) than to the traditional A*men kind of sweetness.

I´ll say that is a nice casual fragrance with the disaventage of a discret projection.

yourfriendmarito

I smelled it today, tried it on my skin and I have it on paper as well. The opening is VERY peppery! It is to a point that I could not recognize the Mugler DNA. This minty pepper disappear really quickly. When the peppermint fades away, we plunges directly in the Mugler DNA. For this realease, they did not go bact to their Ice Man/Sunessence direction. They went to the Ultrazest direction. To a certain extent, they are also borrowing to the Angel for wonan as there is something floral in it (geranium?). This frag is not a fresh summer scent and I am surprised that it is marketed as such.. it is something that the Mugler fan will love, it is a solid flanker. However, do not expect a pojection beast. It is not strong. I have 2 sprays un my arm and I must put my nose on my skin to smell it. To me softer AMan is better. I now prefer my frags softer. As per the sales associate, it should be in stores in March! Edit: on my skin it turns really feminine. It could have been marketed as an Angel (woman) flanker.

rmf1112

Its funny because one of the other frag sites only lets you vote on the bottle deisgn before its released. Its almost as if this site wants to stir up controversy with letting votes before its released so people keep talking about it. Hmm...

RoyalPerez516
RoyalPerez516

Fragantica, you guys must find or HAVE a way to lock the voting for a frag that isn't out yet. This is just crazy!!

RoseWick
RoseWick

The perfect example of how people RAVE for something they see that has a name on it. It's not even out yet and people from the Mugler cult are already hoping on it like it's the best FRAGRANCE EVER!!!!!
That being said, I will eventually get a bottle

yourfriendmarito

I went to the Thierry Mugler counter in Montreal hoping to test it, they usually have the testers months before official releases. The sales associate told me that they had the tester, but that it was sent to another counter. Apoarently, there is only 1 tester for all counters in Canada. He states that Kryptomint in on the same vein as Ice Man. He was not sure for the date of release. To be followed.

1welshdevil
1welshdevil

Can everyone please just click no on the 'reminds me of' fragrances, this review will otherwise be misleading.

moawiya.alanazi
moawiya.alanazi

where are the site moderators? this thing is not acceptable, people voting while the fragrance has not been outed is getting out of hand please find a way to fix this. Either reset the voting counter or figure a way out to only allow voting once the perfume has been released.

carlosrafael
carlosrafael

47 love votes and it has not even started to be sold. Crazy funny.

siraog
siraog

WOW again. People are voting without sampling the fragrance. Please, find a solution to this.

I.D.Adam
I.D.Adam

Looks like the Mugler people are getting their spam voting into the bar graph polls. LOL

XLsizeNoodle
XLsizeNoodle

I seriously hope this will be crap, it's annoying to see people already say they love a fragrance based on how the bottle looks.

esteban747
esteban747

If you love the bottle just give your opinion on the review section.
A lot of people (including myself) look at the "love" "like" "hate" to see how many of you actually like/dislike the PERFUME NOT THE BOTTLE! Get it?

rmf1112

Lol at 10 people clicking that it reminds them of ice*man, although there is only one similar note.

It's like they said Both bottles are blue, they have to be similar! Lol