Designers » M » Oriental « Groups

Maderas de Oriente Myrurgia for women

Maderas de Oriente Myrurgia for women
dislike

Maderas de Oriente by Myrurgia is a Oriental fragrance for women. Maderas de Oriente was launched in 1918.

Maderas de Oriente Fragrance Reviews

icecube
icecube

I can se there are som new bottles of Madras ......... on E-bay.
Found it under: Maderas de Oriente Maderas de Oriente for women for the ones that want a chans to get it again - seems that people think it is similar to the old one.
Apparently they have been produced in Spain all the time after what fraganticans write.
So the fragrance should be exactly the same they say.
I bought a bottle on E-bay now for 20 euro for 100 ml that includes shipping.
But if you go to Spain they seems to be in every shop an pharmacy for around 6 euro - a bargain.

EK
EK

It's been about 35 years since last time I had a bottle. I could just sit and sniff my Maderas de Oriente for hours and hours, deeply inhaling it like a drug.
The sandalwood sticks floating around in the bottle gave it a certain magic.
I went through several bottles in my early youth and never grew tired of it.

Back then I used to go to Spain on holiday and I always bought it there. I remember they sold it everywhere, in every single tourist shop they had bottle after bottle lined up. It cost next to nothing. I mean, literally. It was SO dirt cheap.

I actually found it on ebay recently. At $325 for a bottle. I was in shock! So I thought I'd just cling to my fading memory of "The One and Only Perfume" from my youth.

But - a while ago I was offered a large decant of Maderas de Oriente, just out of the blue! I was almost afraid to spray it. You can't trust memory, not really. I recognized it instantly, this soft woody oriental. I don't feel the same way about it now - I've encountered so many great perfumes over time, and objectively I can see that Maderas is not a masterpiece beyond everything else. It's still lovely though, and I enjoy wearing it. I have the loción concentration and it has a decent longevity and a soft sillage. It's a very cosy perfume, like a light blanket on a rainy day.

EDIT: It was first launched in 1918 and was on the market for a long time. I think I bought my last bottle is 1979 or so.

missan
missan

I have an old bottle of this, most likely 50years. I would say this is mainly woody, not much else. But it´s very nice and very natural IMO. A very good mix of natural woods, sandal, cedar and oud plus something more, rather linear.

akohk
akohk

My mother loved this perfume as it was one of my grandmother's favourites. Recently, I've been wearing Kenzo Amour Florale and my mother says it reminds her a lot of Maderas de Oriente. If you loved Maderas de Oriente, but cannot find it anymore, maybe you'll enjoy Kenzo Amour Florale. I've never tried Maderas de Oriente myself, I'm basing this review on my mother's opinion.

A mi mamá le encantaba este perfume porque mi abuela lo usaba. En América Latina ya no se consigue. Recientemente he estado poniéndome Kenzo Amour Florale y mi mamá dice que le recuerda mucho a Maderas de Oriente, tanto que le regalé una botella de aquel. No es un substituto exacto, pero quienes aman Maderas de Oriente y ya no lo encuentran quizás disfruten de Kenzo Amour Florale. Yo nunca he olido Maderas de Oriente, estoy basándome en la opinión de mi madre.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Myrurgia Maderas de Oriente fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Myrurgia Maderas de Oriente, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Maderas de Oriente by Myrurgia. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Maderas de Oriente by Myrurgia represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.