Designers » N-Q » Oriental « Groups

Amber Musc Narciso Rodriguez for women

Amber Musc Narciso Rodriguez for women
dislike

oud
Amber Musc Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures Amber Musc Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures Amber Musc Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures

Amber Musc by Narciso Rodriguez is a Oriental fragrance for women. Amber Musc was launched in 2013. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard. Top notes are orange blossom and musk; middle notes are agarwood (oud), patchouli and leather; base notes are vanilla, incense and amber.

Orange Blossom Musk

Agarwood (Oud) Patchouli Leather

Vanilla Incense Amber

Capriccio
Black Musk

Amber Musc Fragrance Reviews

AntoanetteS
AntoanetteS

It's smells clean.... Just beautiful!

Jenny.Baby
Jenny.Baby

It s gorgeous, amber with a balsamic scent is great. I wouldn t have put musky scent.

nihalhel
nihalhel

Anyone knows where can I get it in US? Please

heather62
heather62

I love love love this smell. It's gorgeous. Thanks to my friend Dante for giving me some of this wonderfulness. I am totally addicted to this for life.

I have a little amber essential oil that I keep in my bag and I put a little bit of this on first and then follow up with this lovely Amber Musc.

I like this so much that I could be my signature. Hard to beat Prada, but it's very close.

Mojan
Mojan

I can't believe only 75 Fragranticans own this gem. Well, I'm happy to be one of them. It's one of the bests in the line of NR. The scent has the same vibe of "For Her EDT", only more mature and deeper, with amber being the leader and musk supporting it. I also find it somehow similar to Gaultier2, which I also own and love. This one is softer, more delicate and better-crafted though.
One of the most sensual, delicate and feminine scents I've ever had. Don't miss it.

through*smoke
through*smoke

It's my favourite of this line; everything I love about the original and nothing I don't. This one seems softer,and smoother.
It's prettier.

shalimaraddict
shalimaraddict

I love this scent, it is an interesting take on an amber scent. Very musky, but leaves a powdery trail. Warning: do not overspray! You will feel sick, a little goes a long way. It's very potent!

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

A nice-smelling oud-amber perfume, which I can describe as a modernized take on Arabian scents. I find this oriental perfume unique, warm, and very interesting.

The opening is medicinal, like the smell of camphor, and I really love that! I guess its from the extensive patchouli. The greatest medicinal patchouli. The patchouli is well blended with the oud, making it very easy to wear. It has a subtle and faint powdery background, probably from the musk and the patchouli. It also possesses a sparkling quality, similar to that effect of tonka beans or pepper.

Although it contains 6 dark ingredients (oud, amber, musk, incense, leather, and patchouli), it's not dark like those suffocating smoky-woody perfumes. This one remains tamed, elegant, and mildly bold. I'm happy for having this.

But still, this is not for everyone. Women inclined to playful fruity perfumes, or not familiar with Arabian blends, would probably find this strange or unpleasant, until it grows on them. Plus, this probably cannot work for patchouli haters.

Anyhow, I find it fairly unisex, due to the well-balanced masculine qualities in it.

Really nice and creative.

AveParfum
AveParfum

I have the perfume oil, and wow, it's really gorgoeous. It's a very simple formula--For Her Edt mixed with a decent quality creamy amber. It's creamy, but I would not say that it is any sweeter or more vanilla than the original For Her. I still prefer the black bottle Edt best, but this would come second. It's extremely comforting.

Adiro

I don't know what people are smelling here really... This is soft? This doesn't last? I have one ( mine is marked "tester" , true...) and it's a long lasting power bomb, intoxicating and unforgettable Amber, musk and flowers wrapped up in something a bit sweeter, and much warmer than the original.... One of those things that's should come max in a 15ml bottle, but instead I have 100ml of mega scent in a gold bottle as big as a brick ...

umsultan
umsultan

Love the sweet amber smell. i feel its suitable for men and women. its like the softer, sweeter version of Narciso Rodriquez for him.

lollsazz
lollsazz

Very very very woody scent. For me, the main note is definitely wood and not amber. It's a bit unisex because of this. Not much sweetness at all. Very powerfull when first sprayed, and has pretty huge sillage - spray with caution

Vesna8888
Vesna8888

Very warm oriental. Am surprised to like it this much since I am more into sweet scents. This also smells expensive. Probably one of the best perfumes I have ever had.

lotus and jasmine
lotus and jasmine

To my nose, this is orange blossom, not neroli (bitter orange). Amber Musc opens with a heady, sweet, orange blossom note, followed by very soapy (but not too strong) white musk.

In the heart, I get warm. clean, synthetic amber, a nice, delicate leather, and a touch of incense...this phase is pretty, but a little sweet for my taste. In the dry down patch arrives, I kind of wish this had been there for the heart. Leather, patch, amber, vanilla, a little incense. This part of the scent is lovely!

Fresh, clean, floral, sweet, but not sugary, warm, but not powdery. This is a charming, almost bouyant scent. Not too feminine, but not too masculine either (as some musk heavy scents sometimes seem to me), this is a lovely, approachable scent for the sweet moments in life. I think this would be even better on a man, frankly. Overall, I like this a lot, but I find it a little too clean for my taste. Add the dark, rangy musk of castoreum, and I'd be in love!

Now available here, I had to try it as sson as I noticed the golden bottle on a counter!
The bottle is beautiful because it looks both gold and fluid.
The scent is lovely, but don't expect an oriental bomb of musk and oud. It is quite tamed and subtle compared to the standard Eastern potions and absolutely unisex.
The orange blossom is very faint and this is the bad part for me. The rest of the composition is a modern blend of chemicals in the famous artistry way of NR that makes it smells both modern and high end. It's a pleasant cloud of velvety musk with oud and a gentle patchouli with a delicate leathert side. It smells like your-skin-but-better-the-oriental way if it makes sense.
Very wearable and it gives comfort somehow. Not bad in warm weather.
I cannot see any real resemblance with other NR, only vaguely with black bottle EdT.
I like it.

houstcs
houstcs

This is possibly one of the greatest scents I have smelled. Like floating in a cloud of gold wrapped in velvet musk. The color of the bottle appears as it feels. Dorthy wasn't following a yellow brick road, she was following a gold brick road, searching for the Oz that is this perfume. Upon finding Oz, her disappointment is a result of stumbling upon a sample and not a full bottle. (I only sample by wearing, not by wrist. Second wearing).

10/10 easy all around

virga
virga

Amber Musc is creamy and warm, almost edible ambery musc. I can detect mild incense and sweet buttered leather. And a hint of oud. It’s very appealing, very tender, subtle and long lasting, but stays so close to the skin, that I must press my arm against my nose to smell it. So although I like the smell, I won’t be buying a bottle.

Flayvian
Flayvian

I love this perfume. Am only able to get a sample, but would easily buy a full size bottle. It starts lovely and sweet and then you can smell the musk. Definitely would find a market in western countries.

cleo cupcake
cleo cupcake

I so expected to love this that I sprayed it straight onto my wrist without testing on paper first - this was a mistake. On me this is pure oud and very, very loud.I walked out the store and through a shopping mall giving off so much scent I felt I should apologise to people as I walked by. Naturally it would not scrub off and I still caught whiffs of it from my skin after a shower. If you love oud and enjoy a blockbuster effect then I can thoroughly recommend this but it was all way too much for me.

Well, not for my skintype. On me it gets sharp and sticky -maybe the Oudnote that turns sharp. I had high hopes but this one I pass.

Tja, inte för min hudtyp. På mig blir den skarp och stickig - kanske Oudnoten som skapar det skarpa? Hade höga förhoppningar om denna men passar.

CozyCat
CozyCat

This scent is very warm, rich, ambery and oud-y sweet, somewhat creamy even with musks. The oud here is not too dark, medicinal or sharp, so I applaud that, I do! It's perfect for oud-beginners. Great quality, it smells like its price tag. But I'm not a fan of this, not that shocking...I'm a Middle Easterner, living in the Middle East, so I smell alot of amber-oud scents on many people on a near daily basis...it gets tiring after some time and they all start to smell the same to me. I admit my tastes run abit more Western.

Muznabutt
Muznabutt

Wearing this today and although its a lovely eastern perfume, with all the ingredients like warm spicy notes and oud and amber and musk...it smells nicer as the skin warms up...but it doesnt have much sillage. its a very sophisticated scent, worth testing if you can. i must go and put some more on now...

TumiNkosi

Oh yes - and the perfume is available in South Africa. Thank you Mr. Rodriguez.

TumiNkosi

I absolutely love it. As a fan of Tom Ford's White Patchouli, I am in love with this scent. I am also surprised at how bold the perfume is - it is unlike NR's usual offerings. The opening notes remind me of Idyllic, the base notes of Tom Ford's Oud Wood and the base notes of....well....Amber Musc I guess.

It is a unique scent and really does hold its own. The sillage, longevity and composition are worth the R 2000.00 that I paid for it.

Like with most Orientals, try it out before you buy. I did not though. *wink*.

vivik
vivik

Tried this one yesterday at Frankfurt airport duty free /Heineman shops/. 125 euros for a 100 ml bottle... To me it smells a lot like Narciso For her Musc intense with a dash of amber and some Tom Ford White Patchouli.... Nice,but I wouldn´t kill for it. /and I am a Narciso fan./

Jaimenjones
Jaimenjones

Where can I buy this in the USA?

luz
luz

Oh I really wanna try this! It is not on sale in Israel.
I understand that some perfume versions are targeted to Asian market, like euphoria blossom originally was, etc, as the public prefer soft scents. In the Middle East people tend to like spicies, more than in Europe or US ... But so do perfume lovers all over the world. Chinatown, organza indecency and others are very appreciated by perfume lovers but not by the large public. Maybe this would not be a success in sales, but top between fragrantica members... So I understand the complains here and share the disappointment of not finding this available.

iam2sexy4uris
iam2sexy4uris

This reminds me very much of Kilian Rose Oud, to me it's almost identical. This is a great great fragrance over all, but it doesn't compare to original ( in black bottle ), that one is still the best.

Right now, I found this one on one of the websites, priced for 150 + Shipping for 100 ml ( a tester only ). I am so not going to pay this kind of money for a designer fragrance that is a tester, it's good but not that good. Test it before you buy it.

Wise-222
Wise-222

This fragrance intersting and not boring at all and I'm in my belief that he is the best perfume in the group of NR,Components enjoyable and attractive In my view, is worthy of its price.

IT'S A SMELL OF RICH PEOPLE.

LONGEVITY 10/10
PROJECTION 8/10
SMELL 10/10

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Amber Musc's opening is a bit deceiving. It opens with NR type sweet clean musk and orange blossom. However, soon comes a touch of oud, turning the scent towards the Orient. The oud here is more like incense, not very difficult but beautiful. It then smoothly transforms into a gorgeous blend of amber, patchouli and musk. The combination of amber and patchouli here actually remotely reminds me of L'Erbolario Papavero Soave. But in Amber Musc, the sweet NR musk really does its job, bringing a sort of airiness into this blend, like the whipped egg white in a soufflé. It's voluptuous, at the same time fluffy and airy. Towards the very end, after about 10 hours, there is still a trail of musk easily detectable on the skin, like a melody still lingering in the air.

The sillage is heavy to moderate. One spritz is enough to do the trick. The longevity is spectacular, 12+ hours, even survived from a shower. I personally wish the oud could be more prominent. But Amber Musc really lives up to its name, a beautiful blend of amber and musk. It's very unfortunate that it's not widely available. But I would certainly recommend giving it a try if possible. And thank you @flowers-in-the-springtime for the wonderful opportunity for me to try this lovely fragrance!

PinkLotus
PinkLotus

Very interesting this new fragrance , I hope it come to south Africa soon

rogson
rogson

Sampled this one today and did not like the opening. Very harsh orange blossom. When the top faded the fragrance became easier for me. There was a strong showing of patchouli, which really takes over at this point. I also get vanilla and amber, but the patchouli is quite dominant, not in an overbearing way, but nicely apparent. Hoped to get more oud but I couldn't find it. Perhaps it is well blended in there so it is harder to find. Patchouli fragrances for me can sometimes obliterate most all of the other components.

Pleasant fragrance but not that original, plenty of patchouli fragrances out there that are easier to get and cheaper. Like curve vintage soul.

Edit: Really a patchouli bomb now, too much for me!

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

I'm going to try and do this review again for the third time!
I bought this perfume blindly based entirely on the notes.
It is not available in the UK so I ordered a full bottle online.
Please message me if you want the web address.
This perfume is sheer genius! A masterpiece of notes which will send you on the most amazing olfactory journey!
The opening is a crazy mixture of harsh musk and sweet amber but the amber is most certainly the star of the show. If you were expecting the usual dominance of musk, as is in all NR perfumes you will be shocked. This musk is very quiet, it sits in the wings just waiting patiently, it does not dominate or overwhelm the fragrance. The musk helps to bind the orange and spices which allows the amber note to shine through!
This fragrance is like a chameleon, in that it keeps changing all the time in order to blend in with its environment. Slowly this amazing fragrance then makes centre stage for the Oud note which I adore and which then remains for the duration. Oud changes this into a slightly more masculine and fresher perfume and helps to balance the sweetness of the amber, changing this from a warm spice to a pine forest full of woody trees.
Just as you think that your olfactory senses have been taken to heaven and back, another surprise, the smell of leather which is like a sweet school satchel.
Eventually the composition reaches it's grand finale with the arrival of patchouli and incense!
This is very Arabesque in genre, beautifully spicy and exotic, fit for an Arabian princess!
This perfume is genius in that it's supremely feminine and astoundingly masculine all at the same time. The longevity is forever, this did not fade away into the sunset like all other fragrances, but held its head up high for hours and hours and through the night until I showered it off.
I rarely get complemented on my perfume but I was complemented on this one. Well done NR for this unbelievable creation.

Adiro

I was fortunate enough to receive this in a swap from a dear Fragrantica member, wow! This is one beautiful fragrance, very strong, long lasting and individual, fully worth of its high price! It is a gorgeous blend of orange flower, light amber, very light suede, fragrant vanilla and a strong musk that gives a perfect result. I personally cannot smell any patchouli , incense or agar wood at all, but maybe they are there in very light concentration
If I were to say what is smells like, it would be a mix of NR for Her with Mancera Rose Vanille with E Lauder PC Amber Ylang Ylang , yes a three way mixture it is a complex scent, but the end result is quite unique !
The bottle is heavy , bright gold with a chrome like sheen, really sparkly, matches well the rich scent inside! Highly recommended but be aware of the hight musk concentration in this one.

jht4060
jht4060

The cries of foul from Westerners about this being available only in the Middle East seem inappropriate to me. Thousands of products, including perfumes, are no doubt available only in the western world - the only difference is that this is so common the company doesn't announce it. There is a deep tradition of scent appreciation in many parts of the Middle East and Westerners should respect that.

I am a Westerner (US specifically) and I share a little twinge of disappointment that I can't try this perfume, but in the interests of world harmony and mutual respect among peoples, I am delighted to forego this luxury. Love of scent is a world unifier and we should celebrate that and embrace regional scent traditions rather than be annoyed by them.

majazivkovic
majazivkovic

I am a HUGE FAN of his perfume "For Her" (black bottle). I find it spicy, strong and sexy! Will anybody please tell me if I will be satisfied with this one, since I never had an opportunity to smell it.
Thanx

zestedorange
zestedorange

This fragrance is definitely a masterpiece, by Aurélien Guichard. Exquisitely sweet and warm thanks to the notes of orange blossom and absolute of vanilla, it evolves on the skin to deliver all day long a deep woody trail. The heart of musk, narciso rodriguez parfums' signature, completes this magical scent by an elegant and smooth delicacy. A precious fragrance confined in a golden bottle ... like a pure jewel !

HebaD'Opium
HebaD'Opium

I tried this on yesterday and i totally forgot that it was limited to the middle east only, I must be lucky that i'm in Saudi Arabia right now!!

When I found the stand i just ran over there, I tried it on my wrist...very intense at first spritz; Patchouli and musk, one of my favorite note combos, honestly i think Narciso Rodriguez perfumes do a wonderful favor to these notes, they're always smokey, clean and fresh even though they're supposed to be heavy but i love how they manifest and compliment each other in his perfumes....really wonderful.
As i waited for it to settle down, I noticed that it seriously resembles Thierry Mugler's "Angel" I even told the salesman "It smells like Angel" and he agreed.
Anyway, that was just the first impression.

After it settled I could smell Amber, very clear very sweet and warm with Oud. To me Oud is Raw, it smells raw somehow and has an oily feel to it you could always pinpoint oud out; very distinctive. I should say that here however in this wonderful gold bottle the oud is very tamed down. I have mentioned in my reviews before how i think musk "anchors" perfumes, if that's the case here then it's doing a wonderful job holding the oud down.
I didn't really get any orange blossom mentioned there in the top notes.
After about 2 hours, I got a feel of "leather" and incense, wonderful again with the amber, patchouli, musk and the oud.
I didn't get a whiff of vanilla throughout my experience with Amber Musc as well.
Other than how i just described how the transition of notes took place on my skin, how can i describe the perfume now?
As the user bellow me mentioned it is very oriental and very strong indeed. I loved it.
It is very unique even when oriental scents could seem to resemble each other but this is definitely something else. I don't know even how to describe it, such a shame.
This perfume surpasses time and weather; it could be worn by day (with just a couple of spritz) but only on a winter day when it's cold.
It's made for nights though (that's just my take on it) a party, an important event, a celebration you get the point. It's very precious. I hope I could have found it sooner, cause i already bought 3 Perfumes this month (still didn't review them) :/
Another thought; Oud is timeless. It really does suit any season (depending how you wear it) so I think it will suit whatever occasion. I just imagined myself wearing this while out with friends just walking and talking aimlessly.
This perfume drove me crazy, I don't know what i'm saying anymore, I'm kinda contradicting myself on how i see it could be worn.
However, It stays on for a long time 12 hrs+ it stayed on even though i washed my hands several times, withstood sleep (i woke up with it was still on) and it still lingers; oud, amber and faint musk. Bliss.

Now, I don't know how it made me think of "angel" instantly, they do have this intensive patchouli at first, musk and amber. Maybe that rang a bell somewhere in my mind. However after about an hour it doesn't give the "angel" aura at all, since angel drifts away in a sweet candy shop or a chocolatiere while this drifts away to the desert beneath a blanket of stars and a sea of sand. I absolutely adored it, thank you Narciso for such a mysterious perfume.

Yes, finally found some words to describe it; mysterious, sexy, confident, warm and reassuring!! (Sorry for not making sense at all lol).
It's been a while since i reviewed a perfume I simply didn't find a new perfume that stirred so much curiosity and emotion this year.

I really hope that people all over the world get to test this perfume, it really is a pleasant experience.

hanin80
hanin80

This scent is AMAZING. So Oriental. So Original. So Strong. So expensive too..but for the Maximum sillage & longevity it deserves every penny. I think thats why its made for Middle East region. But i agree its not fair at all.i believe eveyone should have access to this gem, and people decide either to buy it or not. Some other perfumes were made only to U.S. others made only to EU markets.not fair at all. I manage to buy such perfume online from websites that offer international delivery. Hope with time this can be found on ebay or other online websites that can connect perfume lovers all over the world.

amaraztavich
amaraztavich

I'm saddened that it's not available in the u.s. While I understand that we have more choice amongst all types of ''products'' than anyone else in the world (at a high price to others), therefor as saddened as I am by this, I will keep my whimpers to myself and not be a spoiled brat

Besides if I get really desperate , there's always ebay, or one can actually order possibly from those that have this (probably) gem

sheherazade80

Really it is right to complain!!!!!! No way they're going to keep up with this middle east thing, that's insulting for both us westerner AND middle eastern!!
And I haven't mentioned the thierry mugler's middle east edition yet!! THAT IS SHAMEFUL!!

leboblue
leboblue

Just contacted narcisorodriguez.com and voiced my complaint about the Mideast only launch of Amber Musc. Mr. Rodriguez was born in New Jersey, USA and U.S. customers should be able to get it on the website at least. Maybe there is something contained in the formula banned in the U.S.? If not, what does the company gain from excluding a faithful American fan base?

calyx93
calyx93

At least allow westerners to purchase it via website. c'mon.

sheherazade80

They have to stop this 'middle east' limited editions. Flowerbomb and then NR in the same week!! Really, Am I the only one to find it quite RACIST??!! Really, I can't stand it when they sell some wonderful edition just in the middle east, people are not travelling there on a dayly basis and there are even ones, like me, who has never got there and God knows when I'll be able to go, considering this economic crisis. Sell this in Europe, for god sake!!!

auroramaria
auroramaria

Lost for words!! The bottle is gorgeous and so are the notes!! I hope it's available in Europe without restriction, it was about time Narciso came out with something a bit more daring than his usual scents.