Designers » N-Q » Floral Woody Musk « Groups

Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu Narciso Rodriguez for women
dislike

tuberose
Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu Narciso Rodriguez for women Pictures

In September 2015, Narciso Rodriguez launches the new version of its popular fragrance Narciso Rodriguez for Her from 2003. For Her L'Absolu is a new incarnation of this musky scent, deeper and more seductive, designed for a woman who is strong and passionate.

“The idea for l’absolu was to create an extremely special fragrance with an air of mystery that will endure. For Her L’Absolu embodies the ultimate femininity with a pure grace."—Narciso Rodriguez.

The composition contains intense floral accords of tuberose and jasmine absolute, the signature musk heart and the base of amber and woody tones of patchouli and sandalwood.

Model Carmen Kass was selected to be the face again. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 100 ml Eau de Parfum. It comes in a bottle of the original design, colored in a dark burgundy nuance. The nose behind this fragrance is Aurelien Guichard.

Tuberose Jasmine

Gold Lily

Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu Fragrance Reviews

dglightblue
dglightblue

Quietly cool and goes a bit sweet. Gentle.
Perhaps has the undertones of the other narsiso for her bottles, but this isn't as floral and cool.
Sits close to the skin, but is lasting ok so far, sprayed on. On pulse point two huors sgo.

Venusia
Venusia

Bold, unique, magnificent!

Edit:
After the first strong feeling that I've experienced already for a week, I can also describe it.
At first spray a cloud of tuberose and jasmine with green nuances emerge and lasts 2-3 hours. By and by musc takes its place in the composition and dances a while with the flowers which then tame but not disapear, letting amber and lightly sweet sandalwood come in. A hint of patchouli gives a fine edge to the whole mixture. After 4-5 hours it all turns into this gorgeous dark burgundy velvet that wraps me kindly and conquers me completely until the next morning when the scent still lingers in my hair. Totally enchanted and addicted! I am so in love

bvn1
bvn1

absolutely beautiful fragrance!! I have the EDT which I adore but I find after the first hour it settles right down to a skin scent. This is like the first spray of the EDT for at least 4 hours I absolutely adore it and I find I don't usually love perfumes straight out of the bottle so it really is something special. so sexy but not in the usual overly sweet, sugary/vanilla based fragrances. I snap all NR FH and all the variations whenever they are on sale for fear of running out!

cinnakitty
cinnakitty

I like the original one, I can never remember exactly which version, I *think* the edt but I can't be too sure since I don't own it, and I'm not sure if the sample sprays I had echoed the bottles or the boxes!
Anyhow, this smells a lot like one of those had a little baby with a piece of Turkish delight. It's has a rosy sweetness that other one doesn't have.

I really like it.
I don't think it has the lasting power of the other.
I think the original scent and this one do draw people in as everyone tends to be nice when wearing them.

Finally, I have to vent my frustration at scent houses who give everything a similar name: Narciso Rodriguez is one and Boss is another. Males in my family own some Boss scents. Do I know/remember which ones?! No. Can I buy said scents for birthdays without ruining the surprise, no! Do they know what they are called? No! For goodness sake people, give them names!

perfume_infatuated
perfume_infatuated

This is well-made and modernistic. An ideal companion to formal attire in offices. Very pleasant, impressive, and expensive smelling.

Don't judge it during the first 20-30 minutes, it will dramatically change from a controversial perfume to an addictive make-up perfume.

Unfortunately, it loses the sillage when it becomes addictive. What a drawback!

yeti
yeti

First smelled it in the Paris airport Duty Free....at that time, I found it to be the most revolutionary scent on the ladies market, modern vibe of the past...only Mystere de Rochas ever felt so ahead of everything else!

bjer-don
bjer-don

First spray, I get a huge blast of musk. Five minutes in, I see the tuberose appear, followed by some sort of bubble gum smell. I really never see the sandalwood appear, or the patchouli. Overall, the scent is very nice though. It is more of a classic "per-fumy" smell, just clean and fresh with flowers. Like a high end soap. Very refreshing, to have something that is neither sweet like candy or cake or food. Definitely no pre-teen scent going on here. This is wearing jeans and a white cotton T-shirt in the spring breeze, while barefoot on the beach.

fyre92
fyre92

anyone have a cap they dont need for the 100ml bottle?

willowbreath
willowbreath

Skin chemistry really changes this one apparently! On me, it smells like sweet boozey bourbon and faintly of tobacco, sort of a high end whiskey bar is what comes to mind when I put it on. The first time I wore it I wasn't crazy about it, but the second and third times it was love.

flashrainbow
flashrainbow

Ever heard "there's always that one person that will always have your heart (even when you cant call him/her yours)"? That is exactly how i feel about this perfume.
Tried it once around few months ago. Loved it but i was crazy in YSL Cinema & Jour d'Hermes by then. However i often think about this scent (like having dinner with ur beautiful boyfriend but u think about another guy).

I had holidays in Paris last month and a lady in Sephora spritzed this on me. Holy crap it feels like im in love again, but deeper and i want to have it forever! This is a tuberose bomb (I usually not a fan of it tho), the musk also heavy on my skin. Very sweet but not girl-next-door kind of sweet. The 'darkness' and creaminess blended well and turn it to an expensive and very ladylike scent.
An alpha lady, classy, mysterious, seductive but hard-to-get, high maintenance, successful career woman who loves to attend high-level party and surrounded by gorgeous crowd, fierce but kind-hearted ladyboss. You name it.

I love the reaction of people when i enter the room and catch them turn their head, deep inhale with face full of thoughts: who's entering the room? This smell is a killer! The sillage is crazy on my skin. Somehow makes me feel guilty if the scent is way too strong/overpowering, but then i tell myself : if loving you is wrong, i dont want to be right! Deal with that.
From top to drydown i absolutely LOVE IT!

TessiiDob
TessiiDob

I really like this one. I’d been coveting this perfume for quite a while, and was very lucky to be able to get a bottle on special at David Jones. I found it rather sweet when it first went on, but after an hour or so, it settled into a lovely warm, creamy, almost buttery jasmine-amber scent. For some reason, I got a faint hint of orange in this, which is quite pretty. It smells pricey, which it is, although not nearly as expensive as some I’ve seen, and considering the longevity of this, I think it’s good value. I met some friends for dinner the other night and wore this out, and they all wanted to know what I was wearing because “wow, you smell SO nice!” And yesterday, one of our students commented on it as well, so I gave her a spritz – she really liked it. I’m generally not too keen on fragrances with tuberose in the top notes as I sometimes find it a bit cloying and sweet, but this isn’t at all. Longevity is excellent – after 12 hours it was still there, softer but still noticeable and still lovely. Sillage and projection are great – not overpowering or in your face, just lovely, gentle, beautifully-scented wafts. This is a beautiful, lush, feminine scent, and I’m very glad that I now have this in my stable!

fath1ma
fath1ma

Really ? When I make this review, 37 peoples said it's like EDT in a Black bottle. I really dont said.
This burgundy has a bomb and beautiful of Narciso perfume line.
Save your money a lot, only had 1 spray , I feel like I'm drowning in it. (Whats wrong my nose...??) Once again..my husband said it was too strong. Heavy.
Oh c'mon....I love the bottle colour. Became softer after 3 hours.
Believe me it's not like an Edt Black one. Not at all
Sprayed at 6.30 pm, still smell it when I woke up.
Air conditioner at 24°C

Simyst
Simyst

So I went and tested this twice and in the first 30 mins the smell sort of repulsed me. I couldn't even bear to smell my wrist. It's got this wild animalic smell... It's too primitive for me. Then it turns nice and ladylike. Tuberose/gardenia and musk I think n leather too? But now that I've got it... Well, It lasts at least 6 hours on me. And silage? Great I suppose. The first day I wore it at work (dental office and mind you I have to wear a headscarf in my country and I change my clothes and headscarf at work) I had sprayed 3 times on my neck and nape at home after shower and a very attractive young man at the office looked at the me in the eyes and said 'There's a perfume smell... It smells like Maxi cologne that I used to wear when I was younger'(He wasn't even that close to me and I couldn't smell anything on myself). He looked like he meant well and was giving me a compliment but... :( Maxi is an old cologne from 70s. I'd also thought that this perfume smelled like Maxi the day before! He confirmed it. So strange. But that's a cheap cologne and I don't like it. I believe the tester smelled better. I think I'll like it in time.
Update: I returned mine. I got sick of it. I love a tuberose perfume but this wasn't it.

phạm.hiền.lê
phạm.hiền.lê

Mùi rất đàn bà,rất gợi tình,rất là có chút gì đó mơn trớn.
Mùi huệ non,mùi nhài trộn vào với xạ hương,khung cảnh thật chìm đắm
Có điều ở không gian hẹp thì còn thấy mùi,chứ ra đám đông hoặc ngoài đường phố là toả kém gần như chìm
Dòng nước hoa nhà Narciso đều có cảm giác bám toả kém :(
Nhưng nói chung là tôi vẫn thích mùi này,vẫn thỉnh thoảng hay dùng đến nó

milancelisac
milancelisac

Expensive version of Pachouli by L'Erbolario.

gillbert
gillbert

EDITED VERSION

Heavy, warm and rich musk, tuberose and jasmine in the opening. From top to dry down are musky, floral and woody scent. A very beautiful, delicate, seductive, warm and sexy scent. Absolutely bolder than original EDP and EDT. Surprisingly, after two hours it's bit closer to Miss Dior Le parfum. Whatever, i love Narciso line

Lagniappe
Lagniappe

Love it!! Its reminiscent of Narciso Rodriguez for her EDT but with that sweet tuberose. I always find it hard to describe NR perfumes because they're all very artfully blended. When you think you can't smell it anymore, bam, it keeps coming back. I'm trying to talk my boyfriend iinto trying it because it has a unisex vibe.

aki777
aki777

On me it's a musk bomb with a hint of a tuberose.

boulouboulou
boulouboulou

As chypre as Youth Dew with all what i like in Narciso Rodriguez.
For me, a killer.
I was thinking about wearing NR for Her, but i am really gonna buy this one for good. I am a man but hey, what a piece of art !
Heavy on the tuberose, be warned.

I usually at least like NR scents, but this one is not very good in my opinion. Strong tuberose, musky and lots of patchouli as well.
It's smoky, as other reviewers have said. Also mysterious and dark, kind of alluring scent. I'm more into bright and fresh, "a breath of fresh air" kind of scents, so this can't be it for me.
Too much tuberose and musk for me.

missingpuzzle
missingpuzzle

You accidentlly walked into shadowy alley of an innocent garden and you've started sinking in the creamy sin. It feels wrong yet so right. Yes, Alice, you've found your mirror world.

victoria.mei1992
victoria.mei1992

Smoky scent, reminds of something from channel, maybe chanel black... Too chypre for me.

ancelicah
ancelicah

I got this as a present because I love all Narsico Rodriguez fragrances. This is my least favorite. Tuberose starts out really strong. It toook me few weeks to start liking it. It really grows to a pleasent Narsico musk in few hours, and it lasts. Definetely winter, evening fragrance. Not a blond girls summer fragrance.I would call it Narsico Rodriguez Noir.

archivist
archivist

Intense tuberose makes this a no-go for me. It took some time to figure it out, but tuberose just urps me, no matter what - apparently to some people it smells like rotting flesh (mouse that died behind the stove kind of sweet, thick, meaty decay) and that is no fun. I suspect it's tied to the supertaster thing, which I have and my mom has (although, fortunately for me, I *like* things that are bittersweet and intensely flavored) which makes cilantro taste like soap, too.

There was a bagger at our grocery store in my childhood who wore Poison. The smell would stick to the brown paper bags and make my mother so sick, like really physically ill - we had a whole routine for unstenching the car and house when we had to bring home things that bagger had bandled. And she is a sweet and stoic Midwestern lady. And here it is again. It's my kryptonite, too.

Adina Galani
Adina Galani

Hmmm, for me this is more Narcisso EDP then For Her. It keeps that Narcisso EDP touch quite devoted, though this one is a bit more.... casual in my opinion. Definitely a Rodrigues scent, the only minus point is the projection and lasting power which on me are both little less than what I am used to from the house, which does not mean anything bad. A daily, easy wear, nonoffending fragrance, little different than many around there.

zoranna
zoranna

I adore NR perfumes, and Narciso EDP EDT are my all time loves. This one does not work for me. I am beginning to realise that Amber, Patchouli Heavy tuberose & Jasmine are featuring in perfumes that do sit well on my skin. At least I won't have to save up for this one! This may be a good choice for those that are not sure about the other fragrances in the line because this one smells very different to me; and someone else might get all the musky goodness of NR but with notes that they love.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

This is predominantly a play between musk and tuberose with a hefty addition of jasmine. To my nose tuberose starts strong at the beginning along with musk while at a later stage jasmine and musk run their course to the end with the sandalwood creamy and smooth. I like the musk note here, typical of Narciso, neither heavy nor clean, just beautiful. Though I prefer the one in the square white bottle (I don't think there are any similarities, Narciso in my opinion is more ethereal ), this is a nice and very wearable scent, especially for those who love tuberose. Excellent sillage and longevity.

Dove01
Dove01

Let's get this straight from the get go, I am not a fan of Narciso Perfumes usually, but my goodness, this scent is something else. It's creamy, feminine, alluring, sexy and delicious. I adore this. The opening is like a traditional Narciso perfume, but the dry down is divine. I cannot stop sniffing my wrist. Vanilla, white floral, honey, musk, tuberose - all combining to make a beautiful, expensive smelling perfume. I'm in love.

It's based on musk like the most of NR scents, but I think that flowers dominate in this scent. It's truly nice and creamy, good for cold season. However, some of its notes bother me. I guess it's tuberose. Again.

Ale
Ale

Unbelievably the drydown smells like YSL KOUROS POUR HOMME.

thảo intherain
thảo intherain

It started just like NR for her EDP, if you have the for her EDP you will get that impression, but after a while ( 2 hours for me), it started to get slightly bitter. If you like perfume with contrary aspects, it might worth a sniff before owning the big bottle.

Abo ahlamjood
Abo ahlamjood

عطر نسائي راقي وجميل ويصلح حق سهره بس لا يشمها الرجال

Lisa290872
Lisa290872

Sorry guys but I so don't agree with these reviews. I can't wear the original Narcisso Rodriguez no matter how much I wanted to, but this is perfect. I smell dark fruits, musk and a hint of patchouli. Without being crude this is how I want to smell after the most amazing sex. This is definitely for a confident sexy woman. I am in love.

crisjoy
crisjoy

I tried this in Sephora and it smelled like a bitter kind of perfume with a zesty fresh twist which seemed lovely, perfect for autumn...so I decided to order a 100 ml bottle online, for almost $100 of my hard earned money. Where's the zesty twist? Its just a bitter, leathery with an odd sweet side perfume...where's the fun? Its so linear (boring) and it doesnt last long either.
For something called L'absolu (the absolute), Mr. Rodriguez, and at $ 100 a bottle I would've expected LUXURY -more sillage, more lasting power, more intricacy, something to make my head spin. I'm feeling disappointed (and guilty for the spend)...
If you want something musky woody try Lanvin - Rumeur or if you want leathery try Ralph lauren - Notorious at a third of the price...
I'm done with overspending for something that doesnt deliver, after all there's a new economical world crisis coming up, so these luxury vendors better do something real for our money...
If the zest kicks in I'll report back, but I highly doubt it...
Edit 2
Apparently you can change your opinion about a perfume and perceive it differently! I found a bit of a twist to it, to the bitterness sweetness of it, I think there is a sexy zesty side. People have been telling me I smell nice. Still it is diluted for this price. I have to spray a ton to get that effect.

pauroj
pauroj

nooooooooooooo narciso why ???
is not bad, not bad at all , is just not narciso enough for me is definitely floral i don't know is just too tame , not musky not sexy enough like for her or narciso

is good i wouldn't mind if someone gave it to me as a present but i am not dying.

bottle is georgeous but the juice just not for me and trust me i loooooooooooove narciso i love narciso like i love bacon and puppies.

celia46
celia46

I just received a 50 ml but i'm thinking it could be fake, becouse it's not appealing at all.

After reading so good reviews I decided to blind buy it, but it's a totally disappoint.

Smells like a perfume of the Avon line... strong floral whith a strong woody notes... to my nose it's not romantic or subtle at all. very strong and persistent in an old fashion wat...

It's te perfume or it's me?

Edit: after almost 20 days of owning for her labsolu I began to appreciate it.

The fact is that it's takes two hours or more to arrive to the point I enjoy it.

I think that it's too much time! but now I can understand that in others would drydown different or faster and so they immediately get the creamier side of the perfume.

NancyD76
NancyD76

The black For Her EDT is one of my all time favorites for winter time. I always have a bottle, sometimes I wear it all winter, sometimes only sporadicly.

This scent is a really nice version of the For Her. It's way better than the EDT Delicate version of 2012 (which I also like). This one is warmer, it's more similar to the original but more tuberose. It is also not as longlasting as the original, this one just fades slightly away. I think this version is more suitable for younger girls who think the original is too much.

I love it, but if I would go to the shop tomorrow to buy a new bottle of For Her, it would be the original EDP.

HanamiTsukimi
HanamiTsukimi

This is a lovely musk, but it smells too much like the EDT, which I already own, to tempt me to purchase.

The opening is more mentholic than the EDT, and reminds me a little, but thankfully not too much, of the Musc Intense which I really wasn't fond of. The drydown is almost identical to the EDT, but it's a little less airy and I believe the amber is more present. Interestingly for an EDP, it doesn't seem to project quite as well or last quite as long as the EDT.

I have to say, I really enjoy the NR aesthetic.

Antares811
Antares811

This is a lovely, musky and creamy tuberose scent.
Absolutely beautiful and feminine.
Vey musky - like all Narciso scents - and similar to the new Narciso edp, white bottle, a delicate creamy floral.
Unfortunately the lasting power is too weak for my tastes.

Wow! I really like this NR! I still have to figure out if it's totally worthy for purchase, but in the meanwhile I lavishly enjoy my samples. I love it on paper and on my skin. It works very well with my chemistry.
After the first black bottled NR EdT, no other NR was quite convincing IMO. At least not on myself.
NR black bottle worked very well with my chemistry and I especially loved the orange blossom/musk combo.
I bought it in a rare perfume shop when nobody here even knew who NR is. Years later it became so popular and smelled everywhere, on just anyone and their cousins, in spite of the fact that it smells like cheap/rotten suntan lotions on many ladies.
Then came the Musc oil, the pink EdP, Essence, a thick list of flankers... then Narciso that falls flat and meaningless on my skin... No other NR seemed to work for me until L'Absolu. Here it comes again the unmistakable NR's trademark smell. No orange blossom is listed, but the tuberose-Jasmine/musk combo, once again expresses the magic of combining flowers with musk (hell, yes, synthetical, but can we choose still?).
As soon as the kind SA spritzed my wrist and gave me a paper to smell, I knew that this could be "maybe purchase" where the maybe part is given by low budget.
It smells so feminine, elegant, intimate, complex yet not uselessy complicated, just a little soapy. I like this way of making musk in modern times. I wish I could wear real musk, but I guess I cannot find that.
Modern musk is more of an acquired taste, yet there are differences among perfumes that apparently show the same notes.
This L'Absolu is soft, never skunk like Kiehl's, not too laundry (like screeching NR's Essence)
Here I find the familiar NR's vibe I loved in the first EdT.
The bottle is also very lovely.
Don't expect a projecting cloud of musky flowers like EdT. Here everything is made more essential and sits closer to wearer, almost more for her or (his) comfort rather than for making a statement to Others.
A modern winner.

Edit: I'm still on a fence. The floral part reminds me of a some very cheap (good) fragrance from drugstores, but I cannot point out which one. Maybe a tiarè from Monotheme? Don't know.
After multiple tests I like NR L'Absolu well. It is extremely long lasting in the tuberose edge, but... I come from glorious tuberoses of the past like original Chloè and I'm a bit confused about the modern wave of tuberose in many perfumes. Apparently there is a revival for this very assertive flower, but at the same time these perfumes are all very tamed tuberosas. They are longlasting (synthetical?) and at the same time they lack the naughty side. They smell like tuberose flowers after a tour in the washing machine. Must be new tastes.
Anyway NR L'Absolu is very very pleasant.

Edit 2: I like it, my man doesn't, as usual with tuberose (other than Amarige). He says that it smells old and musty (eye-roll)
I think I've spotted the drugstore similar: Revlon Charlie Red. Well, not exactly the same, but it smells similar.

Kateri81
Kateri81

I just recieved this beauty today as a gift from my husband to our 5th anniversary and it is beyond beautiful. I am crazy about tuberose. I do not get the reminiscence with Narciso's white cube, which is creamy and milky and it is my signature, so I know it by heart. This Narciso L'absolu is sultry and sexy. With the first spray it comes to me as a pink tuberose (the exact one from Fracas). After couple of minutes I can detect the typical Narciso's musk from the black bottle and it mixes together with the white flowers and gives them kind of that 'big wild cat's snarl' egde. Longevity and projection could be better, but this one is a win for me. 'Cos when my husband smelt it on me, he used words, which I cannot share with you :D And night is still young :D

Edit: The scent lingers, still the projection is weaker, but man, when u think it's gone, it wafts around u again.

jockinjb
jockinjb

Beautiful. Complex but not annoying. A little strange and a lot sexy... It lasts a long time on my skin but it It seems to come and go while staying very close to the skin. Over stock has bottles if the 3.3oz for under $50 right now.

rossyegio5
rossyegio5

La tuberosa è accesa, rinforzata, riscaldata da patchouli profondo e sensuale.
Il profumo, dopo un inizio affascinante e vigoroso, perde slancio rapidamente. Peccato.
Una bellezza troppo fuggevole, evanescente.
Comunque un bel fiorito, non opulento, non travolgente.
Un giusto compromesso per chi teme tuberose troppo intense o indoliche o disturbanti.
Una tuberosa che rispetta le leggi della prossemica...?

lolagizmo5
lolagizmo5

I love the original Narciso Rodriguez for her (edt - black bottle), I also have and love the new Narciso (edt - black bottle)..... but..... this?!? Yes it smells amazing, but it goes so quickly. It is just so soft, this is the first fragrance I have had from this fragrance house that has just vanished, so disappointed :( just not worth the money.

jellybeantree
jellybeantree

This is an interesting one . At first I can barely smell anything , then about 30 min later I can smell the dry down a little . This is lighter than Narciso Rodriguez for her edp and edt on me . Its smoother than the edt but its too light on my skin to purchase.

NO LASTING POWER!!! BE AWARE!!!

Alex1984
Alex1984

It seems that I'm turning into a Narciso Rodriguez fan. After Narciso and For Her, L'Absolu is my next big like. Though I kind of expected it as it contains tuberose.

L'Absolu is indeed very similar to both the aforementioned fragrances, and at the same time it feels different enough to justify owning it if you already own one or both of the above.

The opening blast is tuberose and jasmine. Very creamy, the tuberose soon takes center stage as the queen usually does. The jasmine isn't very prominent, while the tuberose sings for a good 45 minutes on my skin.

Heart and base is where the similarities start to show up; you get the signature musk that's highlighted in For Her, and the creamy amber of Narciso. This is where I feel that this couldn't be anything other than a member of the family. Narciso fragrances seem to have a certain elegance and understated sophistication that makes them so appealing to many, even if at first they seem kind of crude. They also bolster a very good longevity with a powerful sillage, which is something I wish would stand for most brands nowadays.

They are similar to each other and at the same time different. I enjoy For Her for its osmanthous/orange blossom no fuss musk, Narciso for its creamy ambery gardenia, and now L'Absolu for its strong tuberose presence, that is followed by what I like from the others. It's worth a try even though I know many will find it redundant. But if you like tuberose this a very pleasant surprise from the mainstream department that will surely be everywhere come fall and Christmas season.

Jenavira
Jenavira

Have you ever thought I wish there was maybe a more modern take on Nicolai's Sacrebleu? Well, here it is. I admire Sacrebleu! greatly and consider it the ultimate queen of the fairies scent but I can easily see that sometimes it has a bit of age to it going on that modern audiences can frequently ignore. L'Absolu takes that gorgeous deep tuberose note found in Sacrebleu and combines it with leathery plum opening and surrounds it a spicy musk. It is most definitely of the Narciso family but the spiciness is unique and tuberose gives the scent a narcotic quality.Overall this is like the sexy winter/fall night version of already sexy scent to begin with. First time I have been tempted by a Narciso Rodriguez flanker.

lisa o
lisa o

Has a juicy blueberry opening, then blends to a quite big gardenia, which I wouldn't call a tuberose (a bit similar like the white flower mix in Narciso EDP), until then I like it.
The drydown is a bit dowdy. Washed down Patchouli meets musc and generic vanilla.
And, surprise, it's quite fleeting! 1-2 hours bloom on my skin, then almost gone. Strange for a thing called absolue!

To me, it seems a bit, like NR is currently fond of his new "toy blocks" (a milky gardenia or a rosewood-vanilla compound (I can only guess) and is now trying to integrate them in different gradations and combinations. Interesting, but nothing I would buy.

hadassa
hadassa

This one smells amazing, a truly aurelien-guichardian perfume: thick creamy milky musky floral (check out a couple of his works, this young guy is a genius of the genre).

Lots of tuberose, non indolic though. Overall there's a very polished mainstream feel with niche-private-blend like depths.

Very strong and long lasting.

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

My skin chemistry threw me a curve-ball when I tested this at Sephora. I could have sworn there was a leather note along with the dense florals! For me, it was a heavy, oily, musky, leathery, and more suffocating version of the original. I even waited for any improvement through the dry down phase. It only softened slightly, but overall it felt extremely out of place on my skin. A strong dislike for me.

Happy to try it, but is it me or all the NR scents pretty much smell the same!? i must say I am not a fan of the NR scents...too dry, too musty/ musky, on a bed of flowers, same recipe, and my husband doesn't like them at all..
Absolu smells pretty much like the others, it isn't bad, but it truly isn't anything very different.
I guess NR is love, or hate!!!

monicabmh
monicabmh

I've tried the Narciso Rodriguez EDT in the black bottle before and enjoyed it and decided to test this one when it came out. It smells soft and powedery to my nose. I do like it, I just wish it had a little bit of a vanilla note in it that I think would make it more of a keeper scent for me.

I think it's worth mentioning that I've gotten compliments from perfumes before, but while wearing this, it was the first time I had a man stop me and insist I give him the name of the perfume so he could buy a bottle for his girlfriend.

swoon
swoon

Smells like every other Narciso perfume.

TillyWave
TillyWave

My Sephora in northern Indiana carries this. I was so excited, and shocked, to see it. I got a sample, and tested on skin and on paper.

Hoo, yeah, well, I'm glad I got to test this out before blindly plunking down my credit card like I usually do. The opening white florals are very strong, and really oily-medicinal on my skin. The opening was really off putting for sure--I was not expecting that. Slowly the medicinal notes wear off and the heart is all musky white mothball flowers on me, with a tinge underneath of something like spearmint. That parts lasts for hours. When it finally starts to drydown, it is rather pleasant, I detect a nice sandalwood, a hint of cedar, and a bit of musk. That part I liked.

This is a dislike for me. The drydown is okay but I'm not sitting through over 6 hours of medicinal, mothball tuberose & white flowers in order to get to it. There are so many NR's that I liked that I wish would last a little longer on skin, so of course J'Absolue, the one I DON'T like lasts up to 10 hours on me and has great strength and projection.

Obviously skin chemistry varies but I thought I would share my thoughts. And ultimately it's a relief in a way to not like it--I already have enough, and I'll save a bit of cash, too.

dannysmom
dannysmom

I do love this, but I'm not going to purchase it. On me, it smells way too similar to the white Narciso (the new cube one) that I already own. Germany is right that it's a mix of Narciso and the original Narciso Rodriguez (black edt), only it's much closer to Narciso on my skin.

Beautiful scent!! Beautiful bottle!! However; in my mind, there is no point in owning both Narciso and this one. I really wouldn't know which one to reach for..

Germany
Germany

Love Narciso ! And this is no exception. Bought it on the spot. Soft musky typical Narciso , had to have the 100 ml , instant compliments from 3 people , but I sprayed a lot !!!
It's musky , creamy sweet , very related to the others in this line , not as strong as pink and black bottle more along the line of the purple milky looking Narciso that came out a few years ago ,,,delicate ? Same sort of feel to it. Just airy fluffy and wonderful. Don't miss it. Bottle is deep burgundy gorgeous.
Update
Best way to describe this is , light , fluffy and clean but perfumy due to the tuberose maybe ? I love it , it smells like a mix between the orig and the new Narciso in the cube !!!!! Yes that's it !!!!

lollsazz
lollsazz

Arlanda airport in Sweden carries this. I was hoping for something else... I tried it on paper and it was so strange to me that I didn't dear to try it on my skin. Maybe next time

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Narciso Rodriguez Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Narciso Rodriguez For Her L'Absolu by Narciso Rodriguez represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.