Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Baraonda Nasomatto for women and men

Baraonda Nasomatto for women and men
dislike

whiskey

Baraonda by Nasomatto is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. This is a new fragrance. Baraonda was launched in 2016. The nose behind this fragrance is Alessandro Gualtieri. The fragrance features musk, ambrette (musk mallow), whiskey, rose, ambroxan and woody notes.

Musk Ambrette (Musk Mallow) Whiskey Rose Ambroxan Woody Notes

Baraonda Fragrance Reviews

wisemoor
wisemoor

I dont know it just me..but the openin reminds me 'coconut tobacco' (caramelized/toasty like burnt coffe bean/candy one minute, tar/smoke like the one found in A*men note next ).Baraonda smells like a pouch of deluxe cured tobacco and whiskey-like scent from old barrels.
It just me or the dry down reminds the A*men DNA.

smokysymphony
smokysymphony

Whiskey & coconut.. awesome scent.

TheNichePerfumery
TheNichePerfumery

I would have named this scent "Pepsi-Leather" because that puts the nail on the head for me. It does have a liquor quality too so fans of Frapin, will want to find their way to this one. It is herbal without being spicy. Bright without being citrus and famously long lasting too.

A "man's man" fragrance to be sure.

Youssef Tarabey
Youssef Tarabey

To my nose I find it similar to frapin 1270 but more stronger and sweeter

afraafra
afraafra

A very boozy fragrance with great longevity, but the rose notes ruins it for me..

heissen
heissen

It is rich,woody-boozy and very nice scent.
So masculine and luxury with longevity and sillage very good.
Bravo Alessandro Gualtieri.

NickZee
NickZee

What a stunning release, smells intoxicating and lasts all day. On top of that it has very impressive development, from the photorealistic rendition of booze in the opening, and then the hard to describe but distinct phases in the mid and base, woody, boozy, fruity and floral all at the same time. Who would have thought Gualtieri would reopen the Nasomatto files, this time as a mercenary for a faceless corporation, and yet still come up with this stunning concoction that I dare say, may even be better than his previous stunning creations. Masculine perfumery truly has come a long way, almost compensating men for the lack of attention from the fashion industry.

MyWonderwall86
MyWonderwall86

Intoxicating, rich, luxurious and powerful. What more can you ask for?

Tassio12
Tassio12

Very similar to the boozy entries in the By Killian line. Very nice scent, but a bit of a disappointment from a house that usually knocks my socks off.

This is probably better than anything I've smelled from the By Killian lineup, so if boozy, sweet, almost honeyed woods are your thing, this could be the king.

Strong like, but a no-buy for me.

gregk
gregk

My nose is still not all that discerning for different notes, but I have sampled a lot to use as reference. The first thing I thought is that Baraonda reminds me of Frapin 1270. It has a similar booziness, but without the cocoa of 1270, making the oak more detectable. Swap the pineapple note in Frapin with equally smooth berries, and you have an idea. It has rounded edges and is well blended in a similar way, and stops just short of gourmand (less so than Frapin).

I'm also getting a resemblance to Byredo Pulp, but with more restrained fruity notes that are tempered by the musky notes, like they've been sitting out and collected dust. It's been a couple hours now but the berry and musk notes have stayed while the oaky boozy notes have mostly disappeared

landshark321
landshark321

Nasomatto Baraonda is a late 2016 release that seemingly ended up being one of the most hyped releases, purported as a boozy delight that was unlike previous Nasomatto releases.

It's certainly boozy, but mainly in the sense of a lighter rum, not a heavier scotch or whiskey, so I was a little surprised from the note breakdown (which is only an estimation, granted) as well as other accounts of the fragrance, which led me to believe it'd be a bit deeper. Instead, I get mainly a rum and liqueur-ish vibe.

Performance, like other Nasomattos, is quite excellent, as should be the expectation of a niche extrait priced at over $6/ml retail.

It definitely walks the line between "like" and "love" for now, at least. Someone pointed out to me that it has some of the similar lighter booziness of By Kilian Apple Brandy and it does ring a bell slightly in that respect, of course, with the major addition of apple. But the point is true---namely, that Baraonda isn't deeply resinous or reminiscent of dark, heavy spirits, and in that respect, that it's a departure from some of the heavier beasts, and seemingly most popular entries, of the Nasomatto line (Black Afgano, Pardon, Duro) means Baraonda could be viewed as a refreshing new offering. I for one need to try it a few more times.

7 out of 10

Bbjr
Bbjr

Plain and simple. Amazing.

mrsg34
mrsg34

Beautiful, pleasure to wear! The longevity is immense, its a creamy, whiskey, woody thoroughly enjoyable delight! 10/10!

equizikal
equizikal

Gualtieri, Gualtieri, Gualtieri... how do you do it? May God grant you eternal life so humanity can enjoy your creations until the end of times.

ScentsSibyl
ScentsSibyl

Years ago, while in New Orleans, my husband and I were celebrating the end of a three hour tapas experience with a decadent black chocolate torte cake accompanied by a double shot of headily fragrant, semi-sweet, caramel-ly oaken Jameson whiskey over one ice cube. The perfect dessert, tapas or not.

Last November, visiting New Orleans once again, a friend and I were sampling perfumes at Avery (niche perfume purveyor extraordinaire), where my first sniff of Nasomatto Baraonda swept me away like a category five. No shy intro. No courtship ritual. No polite two-step. Every component in Baraonda is immediately familiar, a few readily identifiable, but good luck discerning them all, as Nasomatto makes it a point not to disclose proprietary elements. It’s not often that I do not deliberate when purchasing a perfume, but there was no hesitation here.

Yuletide, a month later, that same perfume sniffing compatriot in New Orleans sends a fabulous gift package, the premier features being a bottle of Jameson Gold Reserve Whiskey and a box of 83% divine dark chocolates. Again, a jigger of whiskey over one ice cube, following a light melting of dark cacao on the tongue… I sat bolt upright in my comfy chair, exclaiming “Baraonda!!! Holy %@#&!!! It’s Baraonda!!”

Well… at least to *my* nose and taste buds anyway. Look up the description of Jameson Gold Reserve, and you’ll find a very close impression of this fabulous perfume.

Sláinte! Cheers! Salud! Santé! Prost! Kanpai! Gānbēi!

warrioromar
warrioromar

Are you a monster Gualtieri?

How the **** you manager to create MASTERPIECES like this, without failing!

PURE JOY!

Bravissimo Gualtieri

tdwctdwc
tdwctdwc

Definitely a nominee for 2016 release of the year for me.

First of all, the performance on this is off the roof. Every single time i was wearing my dab sample, it consistently overpowered whatever i was wearing that day in terms of whiffs and projection. I can only imagine what spraying will do.

I didn't want to research the notes in this, i wanted to keep it fun, so here it goes:

Whisky in the opening, shifting into caramel and woods afterwards. I also detect some flowers at some point during the development mixing with all that whiskey-led balsamic goodness.

Please don't let my caramel mention take you far, this is nothing like pure malt.

It never gets too sweet, nor too sharp, nor too woody, nor too alcoholic (hence the boozy theme). It's just VERY well blended, period.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

muzzbait

yup. i love this one. absolutely love it.
it's animalic, but not too much, leathery-musky. this offsets the boozy whiskey elements, which are joined by the earthy-balsamic elements of the ambrette seeds.

look, it's aromachemicalled to the eyelids, but we all know this is the case with so many perfumes, we kinda accept it.

love this one.
love love LOVE it.

Estebanz
Estebanz

Wearing my beloved BARAONDA by Nasomatto and just breathing the narcotic aphrodisiac aroma of this enigmatic juice brightens my day, and even though I can care less about compliments, I've already gotten 2 in just one hour, and I can totally see why, stuff is super powerful.
There's just something alluring and intriguing about the way the exotic floral nuances were infused into the booze and almost fermented yet deliciously caramelized fruits in this blend that is so hard to put into words.
Hats off to the monster Alessandro Gualtieri, he's truly a genius, and this composition, I can say in all honesty, is the closest thing to a genie coming out of a magic lamp.

b.gracious
b.gracious

Scent - creamy woods, berries & rum.

Season/Time of Day - I can wear it in the colder months, day or night.

Projection - I did get noticed, it garners compliments.

Longevity - I get 6hrs consistently.

amer1212
amer1212

"Baraonda Nasomatto"

Its opened with big blast of boozy aroma maybe mix of rum with wine , then gets more woodsy , little bit creamy and I think its something like oak wood in the composition or kind of liqueur barrel smell puts in the bottle !

Baraonda its such a niche natural boozy scent , shares some similarities with "La Tierra Del Rayo" which I had tried before and have a decant of , which Impressed me to write a review about it, in my opinion La Tierra shares with Baraonda that same kind of boozy chemicals but then La- Tierra goes in another side and Character like something bold spicy like Gingerbread in your face with strong oakwood base note ! otherwise Baraonda its smoother more refined transparent kind of boozy scent , creamy ambery caramelized well blended composition .
I am a big fun of boozy , deep fruits or dried fruit notes in the perfumes , So I dig out Baraonda as one of the most unique and interesting booze scent in the niche perfumery .

P.S . Baraonda has not that strength and power which have Black Afgano or Pardon "beast-mode" charterer , but its enough to be noticed with very good to excellent lasting power and with medium to good projection .

The Baraonda Midnight Music
10/10.

Bodda89
Bodda89

Baroanda ingredients according to "scents and chemistry authors"
25% muscone "The main odor constituent of deer musk"
25% Amrettolide "The main constituent of the ambrette seeds absolute aroma"
7.5% Exaltolide "a very powerful animalic powdery fruity musk"
5% whiskey lactone "the main player in the odor of whiskey"
1.5% phenyl ethanol "a rose oil ingredient and it's used to balance one of the musks"
30% Ambroxan "that's a lot of ambroxan"
-The rest of the formula is undeclared to prevent copying
-The ratios are calculated after excluding the alcohol

muzzbait

i read some reviews a few weeks ago but i can't remember anything from them...

first impression i get is 'tobacco oud' by tom ford. it has the same boozy-ashy-smokey vibe to it. i would imagine some may find it a bit noxious or even unbearable, but this booziness (is it whiskey?) is riiight where i like my booziness. a touch of skank and a lot of booze. i love it. as it develops, there's a resin base that comes out, a bit soft at first, then it smells like something in between amber and myrrh. knowing me it may even be benzoin. it develops nicely and projects a fair amount. all throughout there a bit of a floral touch here and there, but mostly it's boozalicious!

Thedentisttt
Thedentisttt

Finally got my bottle!
Guys this is such a Gorgeous anf addictive fragrance!
In the opening I can easily detect a rum note that might depict the highest quality of rum there is accompanied by this dry berry note that is just sublime!
20minutes into it is when the rum note starts to fade and the berries take centre stage and that is when I cnt stop sniffing my wrist!
This is an extremely unique fragrance!
Season : Fall/ Winter
Time of Day : Night
Performance : Beast Mode... Projection is good too..
Overall 10/10

GustaveTheNose
GustaveTheNose

I had a chance to sample this one at Harrods, the cap resembles a cork of cognac or whiskey bottle, and I read somewhere that it is made of really expensive materials too.

So the cork/cap is actually a hint of what the juice smells like, fine cognac. It is also woody but not oudy, there's some citrus at the beginning too but this fragrance is all about fine cognac/whiskey smell.

The sillage and longevity are in line with other nasomatto perfumes, it's enormous and it doesn't disappoint.

My only take on this perfume, and other booze-themed ones like apple brandy and vodka on the rocks (both from Killian), is who actually wants to go to work smelling of booze? would I want that, really?? BTW I'm not saying they don't smell nice, it's just the theme of the fragrance. (I know of other perfumes that have rum notes, but the perfumes are not built on it)

I know some people would object to my opinion but I'm not sure if it will be perceived in a good way if someone turns up smelling of booze first thing in the morning. Maybe someone can elaborate, please?

antonpan
antonpan

Guys, the Baraonda makes me crazy. Bought it immediately after my sample became empty.

A fully new style for the brand and for the perfumer. I'm a fan of an original rose scents with a masculine twist, and Baraonda is one of them.

A sour type of rose that you could meet in Tom Ford Noir de Noir or Eau d'Italie Paestum Rose. Maybe mixed with berries for the effect of "sourness". Some vanilla to make the scent velvety. Some incense for a niche, noble vibe.

The disctinctive element of the fragrance is the accord of dried fruits that sounds prominent in the base and gives the composition the boozy vibe.

Out of the other fragrances at the market Baraonda is really close to Paestum Rose, Eau d'Italie. Or, to be more precise, to both PR (rose  + incense) and Bois d'Ombrie (the boozy accord of dried fruits).

The longevity and sillage are high. A must try for those who like niche rosy compositions. However, you may be disappointed if you like Black Afgano/ Duro / Stercus and you are expect from Baraonda something like that.

smellagent
smellagent

Sprayed this on my arm today. I don't own it yet but I will. This is a vanilla very Bourbon fume. I love its deep syrupy bourbon smell. Did not last a real super long time but who cares when it smells so good. Can't wait to get to really know it.

Update: I do own this now and it is a lovely addition to my collection. It also lasts longer then I originally thought. I love the way the vanilla is handled in this not too much but enough to offset any harshness that the Bourbon note might create. This is a gourmand y'all and smells edible.

matty64
matty64

Yeah, the cap looks like a cork board and top heavy. Out of balance? Notes?

Liamsardea
Liamsardea

I had the pleasure of smelling this today.

Baraonda is a clear departure from usual Nasomatto stylings (a la Black Afghano and that lacklustre Orto Parisi line). It is a linear and thin work, that at times masquerades as transparent ... But that could just be the thinness of the scent to me, which is rather spacious compared to previous works.

It is a boozy fragrance, but not heavy! Baraonda is reminiscent of scotch and its impressions of baked apples, caramel, and notes of wood. In short, on me it smells like Glenfiddich 15 on skin. Not at once loud, or nebulous like usual Nasomatto works, this could see Guiltieri moving away from his style of "new-is-loud" perfume for something without relying on shock value. Also - well balanced.

It is not the red elf head bottle either - rather, it's of typical solid block shape with flecks of dark brown to light brown. It reminds me of a cork.

ancaan
ancaan

Is it just me or the top looks like a head of a garden dwarf? That's all I can see :)

Marilimorajaspani
Marilimorajaspani

"It is the result of a quest to evoke the powerful and mighty whisper of an olfactory stirring, which magically rejoins the whole and the nothing."

Delicoux
Delicoux

Doesn't "baraonda" translate from Italian to English as "shambles/mess"?
If so wasn't that the concept for the previous fragrance "blamage"?

Maybe they had vats of the previous mentioned and decided to rebottle and top it off with a strange little hat.

Weird....which makes me want it even more, I'm such a sucker for marketing!