Designers » N-Q » « Groups

Pardon Nasomatto for men
dislike

oud
cacao

Pardon by Nasomatto is a fragrance for men. Pardon was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Alessandro Gualtieri. Top notes are magnolia and flowers; middle notes are dark chocolate, tonka bean and cinnamon; base notes are agarwood (oud) and sandalwood.

Magnolia Flowers

Dark Chocolate Tonka Bean Cinnamon

Agarwood (Oud) Sandalwood

Pardon Fragrance Reviews

smokysymphony
smokysymphony

The main smell I get with Pardon is cinnamon, and it's the most beautiful cinnamon I've ever smelt.

The masculine sweetness here slightly reminds me of the sweetness in the first formulation of Eau Sauvage Parfum. Very deep and not sugary.

Pardon is top notch, elegant and classy.

sagarjanvekar
sagarjanvekar

All contemporary Fragrances and perfume houses are inspired By Masters perfumer Guerlain, there are tons of examples and in fact, Gualtieri openly said that in one of his Interviews of Orto Parisi launch...
Amazing Fragrance very Dark and deep.
very potent too.

gregk
gregk

I own a decant of LIDGE, and have only sampled this one - but the sample was enough to tell this is - for me - a far superior and more interesting scent on every level. It's richer, darker, and where LIDGE has this sort of linear and somewhat cloying make-up/lipstick vibe, Pardon is deeper and more complex,far more woody and the oud(?) gives it an extra dimension. This one has a mysterious and addictive quality that will keep your nose guessing what's in it, but mostly just enjoying it

GMK
GMK

comparisons with LIDGE really make sense to me, these two definitely share some similarities but LIGDE to me has always been something outside this world nothing comes even closer to it at least to me.

Pardon is stronger , thicker and may be a bit long lasting , it has chocolate , woods , flowers and OUD , OUD makes it thicker , sometimes cloying and heavy , could not be worn in hotter days.

All in all a favorite from the house and works very well if applied in nights.

BloomPerfume
BloomPerfume

Dry woods with some Christmas spice and general liqueur like background. (If the formula is the same as it was 3 years ago). Plenty of similar blends around for 1/3 price.

MyWonderwall86
MyWonderwall86

Some people wear certain fragrances to garner compliments, while others wear a fragrance because they want to feel a certain way and be unique. I for one, enjoy trying unique scents since I recently started my fragrance journey. One of my favorite reviewers regards this as his favorite of all time. I decided to get a sample. This was my first oud-based fragrance and I wasn't disappointed.

I work in an environment where I wear a suit and tie everyday and meet with clients. That is the perfect attire for this masterpiece. I prefer wearing this at night, but I've also worn it during the day. It's masculine without a doubt and I often refer to it as "class in a bottle".

assim.hayderi
assim.hayderi

I was really excited to get my hands on this beauty and today I finally got it. When I first sniffed it I started wondering what it smelled like, I was sure that I had smelled something similar but I could not figure out what it smelled like. I went through all my perfumes at home and I got my eyes on M7 oud absolu from YSL. On my left arm I sprayed M7 Oud Absolu YSL and on my right arm I sprayed Pardon. Any difference? Yes, but Not a huge difference! M7 is stronger but smells very very very similar to Pardon. Both of them are semi-medicinal warm spicy and kinda nice to wear during autumn/winter.

Sillage: 7/10

thiagomartini
thiagomartini

I can see the comparison to LIDGE... the semi sweet chocolatey opening can be related, but indeed, after a short while each perfume takes its own way, and these paths are somewhat different.

While LIDGE remains a gourmand scent, and the woody-patchouli base slowly takes over, Pardon remains and goes more and more bitter. The oud/sandalwood base is really where it gravitates toward, and the cinammon-tonka chord is almost gone after a few hours; oddly, on this composition, the tonka is not on the base. Indeed, everything - the bitter chocolate with some florals, as well the spiced-coumarin heart - is a preparation for the strong - and excellently blended - oud note on the base.

AND, if I were told to describe this scent by comparisons, I would say that it's 60% vintage M7 (minus the sweet/syrupy amber), and 40% LIDGE (minus the patchouli). Obviously, I'm not sayng that if you mixture those two you would have Pardon, nor saying that the three fragrances are alike; only that they have some notes/chords in common. In short, only a way to describe one based on the resemblance of another, that's all.

Very well done, could easily be the best of this maison.

9 out of 10.

CastoR&Pollux
CastoR&Pollux

Pure nonsense to compare Pardon to Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme.
People go back and finally learn to smell - I can also try to comapare Pardon to Fahrenheit, could't I.

NewNose
NewNose

I love what this frag wants to be (in the same way that I love The One)...but Tonka bean smells rancid on my skin.

SirCharles
SirCharles

One of the most memorable and distinguished masculine frags I've ever smelled. Ever. Starting off with a spicy cocoa powder, soft sandalwood, and evolving to a smooth oud base, Pardon is refined yet rugged, strong yet gentle, unique yet likeable, rich yet humble. One of those fragrances that immediately transports you to another place and time. Interestingly enough, I imagine Clint Eastwood in his Old-West days when I smell this. I imagine this might be worn by a wealthy steel baron in the late 19th century who still likes to remember those rugged old days he spend as a cowboy. Pardon is one of those rare ones that remind me that fragrances can indeed be art.

gtabasso
gtabasso

smells a bit like what Serge Noire smelled like in the bottle before SL became like fish on my skin; this is a bit woodier than I like; no flowers, chocolate or vanilla; just wood wood wood and oud; since I love oud, I like this; it is a powerhitter. I am a woman and am wearing it. Reminds me of a milder and woodier form of Boadicea Complex, which I LOVE, without quite as much complexity. But, unlike Black Afgano, this one did not last very long on my skin, about 2-3 hours then it is a faint powdery smell. Weird. My skin has been eating stuff up lately.

silverlook1
silverlook1

Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme.. that's what immediately popped in my mind when I first sniffed this.

Very very close. You could call Pardon a more refined version of Eau Extreme. So if You don't mind paying so much for 30 ml (oh and btw Guerlain pour homme Eau Extreme is a beast mode fragrance as well - so don't tell me that Pardon will last longer - what, You're gonna HALF spray it???) go ahead and buy this one.

If You want to save your money on niche that is actually original than don't buy this and buy the Guerlain one instead. Simple as that :)

iskander
iskander

Very well made. It reminds me a lot of Frederic Malle's Dries van Noten, but it's a tiny bit less gourmand, more woodsy. This could very well be a unisex fragrance.

williamvargas
williamvargas

Being a big fan of Lidge and after reading several reviews about Pardon, I had sampled BA , excellent quality but just not to my tastes I guess is the best way to put it. After reading reviews my interest was peaked and I sought out a sample. My first reaction was that other viewers were right on the money about being similar to Lidge and at first I thought they were very close. I purchased a bottle of Lidge about 3 years ago. I still have a good amount of it left. What separates Pardon for me is a wood note, maybe agarwood? That note makes Pardon really stand apart to me. Not a fragrance I can wear everyday but I will reach for it on those occasions where I want to stand out a bit. I believe go light and test it before going for that second or third spray as this is a very potent fragrance and it could end up overpowering a room before you realize. It is still my opinion that LIDGE is a fantastic fragrance and still among my favorites but I now look at Pardon as it's own fragrance.

Marilimorajaspani
Marilimorajaspani

Guerlain L'Instant de Guerlain pour Homme Eau Extreme.
Almost identical.
Beautiful none-the-less.

landshark321
landshark321

Nasomatto Pardon gets a lot of niche buzz, and understandably so, as it's a rich, spicy, mostly masculine composition in a strong extrait form that makes it appropriate for winter use. I don't get as much of the sweetness (chocolate, tonka are listed notes) that I do in, say, LIDGE, but LIDGE makes for a good comparison. Nasomatto lives at the intersection of sweetness, booziness (some overlap with Bentley Intense), spiciness (cinnamon is the main ingredient), and woodiness (the balanced pairing of oud and sandalwood). It has a lot going on and this depth certainly comes through.

Performance-wise, it's very strong in both projection and longevity, as expected by its concentration. Even as an extrait, $185 for 30ml retail (Luckyscent, Twisted Lily, etc.) is a little steep, considering a 30ml extrait masterpiece like Rose Flash can be purchased for a third of the price. Still, it's intriguing and strong enough that I could see this being a men's signature scent so if it works that well, I suppose price matters. It's doubtful I'd ever opt for a bottle, though.

7 out of 10

yann33
yann33

nice, smooth in the dry down , sexy, masculine.upper class scent.very similar to Dries van noten by ferderic malle and LIDGE before reformulation.

citizenoftriton
citizenoftriton

My first review on Fragrantica.

Description: Imagine sprinkling cocoa powder over oriental woods, patchouli and flower petals that you are burning in dry sand.

Recommendation: A great choice for that special occasion in cool weather (like the opening of a secret gallery in Bristol, or a date with the girl who designed its nostril-like entrance).

Creativity*: 4.5 out of 5
Allure****: 4.25
Design: 5
Name: 4

Personal appreciation: 4.75 out of 5

Final notes: This was an instant love and may well be the fragrance that comes closest to my idea of a perfect scent. Will get a 5/5 if nothing else comes along.

-----
*Creativity: A frag gets a perfect score if it was the first of its kind on the market and if this kind was a game changer; **Blend: A perfect blend will trigger your imagination, take you places, but won't try to be the exact copy of something that exists in the world (in other words, single-themed gourmands get low scores); ***Distinctiveness: If everybody is wearing it and/or there are uncounted olfactory twins on the market: low score; ****Allure: Assessment based on verbal and non-verbal reactions from my surroundings.

Gabri031982
Gabri031982

Yes this one smell like lidge maybe 65% but there is a note in lidge that
I don't like almost like celery , I'm talking about new
Formula and I don't have idea about the vintage lidge .
Anyways pardon is better quality
U feel like u are really wearing expensive frag
Longevity and projection to be reviewed after full day
Wearing but so far this is a great scent
Well done but hope performance of this
Beauty won't change my opinion .

shoguns2480

As an update I have to say this really is a deleciously spicy dry cacao in the standard 30ml is alcol based so while nice does not hold a candle to its fuller bodied pure parfume oil incantation , and omg is the oil beautiful and provokitive.in hindsight only shares top item with FM DVN

weaselize
weaselize

today i gave pardon a shot again. 14 degrees celcius, no wind, very nice day.
The last time i,ve tried it i didn,t like it.
After today, my mind has changed. I do like it.
I think this is a pretty simple fragrance but a good one.
Put together nicely and balanced out.
Some say synthetic smelling. Not to me.
What i get is a woody, slightly vanillic, cacao with a touch of incense that gets more pronounced when hours pass.
What i like about this scent, is that despite i took 4 sprays, it doesn,t scream.
The longevity is nice,around 8 hours and i still get wifts.
I expected a loud fragrance but to my surprise this is totally inoffensive. You are not the perfumeguy with this one. You,ll just wear a nice and sexy scent with you.
Good for fall, winter, spring.
Because of it,s sexy factor i don,t know if it,s much versatile but enough possibilities to wear it. Dressed up, dressed down,with your love, no prob
Perfectly suited for my age and around it. I,m 38.
I,ve enjoyed wearing it alot today.
I don,t know still wether i prefer this one or duro. At the moment it,s a draw.
Maybe one day i will get a bottle, you,ll never know

arnefag
arnefag

My first encounter with Nasomatto and definitely not my last. Very masculine, but still elegant. The cacao is very prominent (although not very sweet or gourmand) so is the oud. I find it strange that patchouli isn´t listed as a note here, it´s not just present, it´s even quite dominating.
I always choose this one when I take on a rougher style with jeans and leather jacket etc.; it makes me feel confident and attractive. Lasts for days and has more sillage than any other perfume I own. Waiting to receive my next bottle from Nasomatto which will be Duro, another smashing scent. Black Afghano is not really my cup of tea, I prefer Duro and Pardon. Still I wouldn't recommend to blind buy any of these as they are quite demanding. You have to be "up for it" to wear Nasomatto, imho.

Marino419
Marino419

This is my absolute favorite fragrance. I own lots of bottles but consider Pardon my prized jewel.

Don't be afraid of the prices go out and get this. Or don't, let this be my secret. :)

Jrmcquill
Jrmcquill

This is absolutely delightful! Again, Black Afgano’s dark reputation had me thinking all wrong going into this. This is no heavy hitter, but carries a weight with ease, making it almost creamy. The notes are very much crowd pleasing, but of extremely high quality and deft balance! Thumbs up!

Totroy
Totroy

A truly magnificent scent that evolves and become more sensual as time goes on.

Love at first sniff!!!

What a fragrance!!!
I feel a bit vulgar trying to break it down but here goes.

There's definitely patchouli in here and that might account for the chocolatey vibe.
I also get a cocktail of sweet balmy incense elements of ladnaum, Myrrhe, opoponax just about everything I love.
The Oud is present but not that prominent at first but comes on stronger and stronger in the drydown which is sublime.
It's an interesting mixture of Carner cuirs, jubilation 25, black Afgano, Duro, Myrrhe imperial, bois noir but with the patchouli of Hindu grass.
This fragrance might even surpass some of my alltime favourites,
Pardon is quite simply a revelation, brilliant and something I would wear in a heartbeat.
Despite vague similarities across the board, the more you discover about perfume the more you refine 'exactly' what it is that you're into.
Pardon delivers it...what it can't do is recapture the enthusiasm or the sense of discovery the first time I smelled certain types of perfume but it has a damn good try.
By some strange miracle Pardon is not that strong...yes you heard me right.
Of course it's strong, it's a Nasomato perfume for gods sake but in my experience this is not as strong as Black Afgano or Duro.
A top top fragrance no doubt and has that signature Nasomatto thing about it.

AlmalkiJeme
AlmalkiJeme

من اجمل العطور توليفا.. انيق ورسمي وثباته عالي وفوحانه جيد..

NicheMaster29
NicheMaster29

Man.. I am not sure why black afghano gets so much hype. This and Duro imho are the best offerings. This smells so good and even though at this price point you only get 30ml , it equals to be ok because it will last you longer than a 3.4 or some ok lasting juice..,I'm serious. The best part is you won't smell like anyone else.. It's so good. Sample

Filipe Robert Souza
Filipe Robert Souza

Kokorico feelings.. But it's too much better, of course!

canesforlife
canesforlife

Amazing cologne! Very strong opening, but the dry down is beautiful. Unique, mysterious, sweet, different...

Scent: 9.5/10
Projection: 10/10

Overall: 9.8/10

One of my all time favorites. This will get you compliments if you apply it right.

*It's very strong, one to two sprays will do

Frada
Frada

I love nasomatto fragrances but I don't understand people saying Pardon is a masterpiece... Unlike Black afgano or duro which are -for me- masterpieces, this fragrance is simple, like lots of other modern ones : with oud, chocolate, maybe a note of leather but I dislike wearing it ! That's a soft perfume , not like Black afgano which has a real power. Yes, lots of people compliment me when wearing Pardon, but that's too modern. I prefer when people say : oh,gosh,what does it smell, when using BA or duro... The king of perfume you can buy everywhere,I believe ! I'll stay with BA and duro, not that ...

waruna gomis
waruna gomis

The initial whiff has to be taken at least 12 inches from your wrist. Its potent and blinding. Can smell only 3 notes but I really don't know what they are. But they are subtle spices and herbs. There is some green-ness which carries right through to the end.

I cant recollect any 'Place' associated with this one, There is no flow, just a hard slap from a man in a tuxedo and expensive shoes at someone who didn't do anything particularly wrong.

The man who got slapped says 'Pardon'

The Tux Slapped, because he can slap. Arrogant but undeniable.

Its difficult to become intimate with this at least for the first hour or two, keeps a major distance from myself, It is close to Dior Home Intense, made to impress everyone including the wearer.

A major Iconoclastic. at the beginning....
But when it settles, it is so smell-able and adorable.
Cuddle cuddle

Stromboli
Stromboli

At least this IS something that smells gorgeous, lasts and...PROJECTS! Please do not compare this gem with the reformulated L'instant de " synthetic guerlain". Worth every penny unlike all designers' new so called creations.

Thomas Ger
Thomas Ger

Ouaouuuu ..!!!! Like ''Yanis'' said.
That is a Ferrari of all winter night perfumes , an amazing,smart,rich perfume for the happy few men.
My only advice:
You should put this masterpiece ONLY with suit ( two spray is enough for 18 hours )

FTW Nose
FTW Nose

This fragrance is amazing. I recently sprayed it on my dad and then saw him later that day. My dad was in awe of it and wanted it until I shared the price. Needless to say, this is one of those fragrances that buries itself deep in your nostrils and somehow works it's way into your conscience. The chocolate will still be with you when you get in the shower 24 hours later. The oud, though, is what I think that really is the highlight. I truly love this fragrance and consider it to be a masterpiece in my collection. I don't wear it often as it is very expensive. When I do, it is a guaranteed good day!

My score 10

sharmap14
sharmap14

Smells a lot like lidge

shoguns2480

A better masculine version of FM Dress van noten absolutely awesom and light years better than LIDGE

Saeidreza
Saeidreza

Love this as I love LIDGE. Tried them side by side very similar to LIDGE vintage, not the new reformulated one! I stick with my L Instant de Guerlain Extreme vintage!

RachelGrigg
RachelGrigg

To me all I get is how it smells just like LIDG. It must be the cocoa.. LIDG is cheaper....

rob2b
rob2b

Smells like patchouli but contains none, so I guess the other notes are combining to portray the woody complexity that patchouli brings (one of the only essential oils which contains 300+ different scent molecules).

This is a marvellous fragrance. Woody (the sandalwood in this is sublime!!), comforting, warming, delicious and perhaps even slightly fruity all at the same time. Definitely FB worthy and have just ordered.

NOTE: this is incredible intense with 12h+ longevity and huge sillage. I suspect 30ml of this will last a long time, as it will only need a couple of sprays.

Highschoolrugbyboy64
Highschoolrugbyboy64

Yes this is sexy oud. Dark chocolate and beautiful woody oud that is nothing like any oud I've ever smelled! Pricey but amazing longevity and projection, but not too pungent or inoffensive to kill anyone haha. I am looking for a bottle of this :)

eldotjay123
eldotjay123

Just the greatest fragrance composition of all time. It's as simple as that. No oud frag out there is as well blended and as sexy. I call this one my 'sexy oud'. The patchouli cacoa and oud blend has to be the greatest thing ever birthed out of a fragrance lab. Will be buying several bottles of this.

edit: I have since now acquired 2 back up bottles of this (& will duely be adding more) - will never ever run out of this masterpiece in my entire life.

Renejens
Renejens

I really like this scent. On me it starts off very sweet but develops a nice chocolate, cinnamon smell within 20 minutes. As it drys down and after wearing it for 4 hours it turns from woody to soap-powdery on my skin, followed by a syrup sweet smell thereafter.

I really like the first few hours of wear but I'm still not so sure about the very sweet "afterglow".

It doesn’t have Gualtieri’s infamous sour synthetic sandalwood cocktail thing going on, which is nice as this smells overwhelmingly sour on me. (Not sure if I'm the only person experiencing this?)

And it lasts..... I was trying to scrub it off my skin... It's almost as it's burned in.... Definitely not easy to shad when one feels like a change. :-)

SmokinBetty
SmokinBetty

I bought this for my husband to wear for me.When I ask hi to wear this he knows exactly what is being implied and what is expected of him. This wonderful scent has a truly sexual effect on me, I like to breathe it deeply and well, the rest just happens!
Totally digging on the tonka beans the oud and the dark chocolate and the cinnamon is immense.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Pardon is very good, but lack something to be a masterpiece.
Clearly feel a cocoa, which refers to gross bitter chocolate and along comes an intriguing creamy sandalwood, no, he came, as it is dried by the agarwood leaves a smoky dry bitter chocolate, and that's what I think he can be more obvious and less intriguing, but has quality no doubt.

seekritdude
seekritdude

I was kinda scared to try this one. Heard a lot of good things, but at the same time things that made me iffy. Obviously that its just to out there, and powerful so its potentially offensive.. Well scratch that off, at least my sample it most certainly wasnt. Also I heard it was compared to imho one of the more overrated fragrances in the history ive smelled in my small time of collecting... LIDGE... well I didnt get that either(thank god)

Its a little harsh at the beginning I guess but not unwearable. Id say the most disappointing thing for me personally was the beginning is also where I got the most chocolate so my nose was fighting to get to the chocolate.

Just really didnt do anything for me I guess, didnt hate it, didnt like it. And nothing impressive performance wise...Just meh~ And the price is a little to high for what it is.

xanadu philodendron
xanadu philodendron

does anyone agree it smells like Zirh Ikon? but Pardon is more bitter than Ikon.

spidola
spidola

I would like to meet a man who wears Pardon! This is an amazing scent! It’s not enough to say it’s good! PARDON gives me a sense of strong embrace where you could melt…This scent invites:” Come with me, I'll gift you all the stars...” It’s not safe, it’s not calming, neither dirty or mischievous, but it’s elegant and so generous, it’s full of desire to make you feel good…
What can I say, try it!

muzzbait
muzzbait

wonderful, make-you-salivate chocolate (dark, 75% mexican!) and bitter oud. slight traces of white floral and some woody/earthy tones. spectacular.

keedon
keedon

something in this that makes it smell like l'artisan ambre extreme.

joplinbaby
joplinbaby

Very similar to the oud note of "Black Afghano"

nonsisa
nonsisa

Along with Black Afgano and Duro, Pardon shares an aggressive character, thats so distinctive for the house of Nasomatto. Mainly cocoa blended with some Oud and woodsy notes. Some flowers might be involved but they are not the main players here.

All in all: wood with some sweetness.

nemorino
nemorino

As much as I would like to love it, on my skin, it becomes sticky and unclear :-(

s.alswayeq
s.alswayeq

عطر مميز ورائع نعم من ضمن مكوناته العود ولكن ليست كرائحة العود المعهودة في العطور الاخرى التي تجده حادا فيها، بل العود هادي انيق في عطرنا هذا. للمسات الاخرى الرائعه من الورد (لا اقصد الروز) والقرفة والكاكو والساندل اعطت هذا العطر جمال وتميز وفخامة وجوا استقراطي. حقيقة من افضل عطوري بل من افضل العطور التي مرت علي اجد هنا عمل ابداعي متقن
من اول رشة ستشم عبق العودة وخشب الصندل وكانهما قطعة ثمنية لفت بقطعة حرير حوت المكونات الاخرى بنعومة ووقار كم اااااااااااااااااعشق هذا العطر

اقف حائر لو خيرت بينه وبين بلاك افغانو

جمال الرائحة 10/10
الفوحان 7/10
الثبات 10/10
التقييم هذا خاص بي ولاتستغرب ابدا ان ترى شخص آخر يصف العطر انه عادي

nada
nada

it smells more leather, not oud
and I would not pardon him who wears it :)

update - not for me, but actually smells nice on my husband

Natalia78
Natalia78

Pardon Moi, but this perfume pulls me out of my skin.

pepo18
pepo18

I don't know why but I smell tea and amber and because of that it reminds me of Ambre Russe much but without vodka. On me it's more aromatic spicy than woody
after 2 hours it's L'Instant Extreme!:)

TakeABiteOfMe
TakeABiteOfMe

It's something very unusual for Nasomatto, even if it's a "coherent" unusual.
It's a gourmand fragrance, but it's complex and heavy, heady, very intoxicating, velvety.
It's deep and dark, but in a sweet way. The sandalwood and headaching oud are blended with dark chocolate and cinnamon.
The result is a warm, wintery perfume, very surrounding, very pleasent.
I don't know if it could be for women.
If this perfume were a woman, this woman would be self-confident, powerful, but also sweet and fascinating, enticing, extremely sexy.

małgorzata.kupiec
małgorzata.kupiec

If you mix Fille en Aiguilles with half bar of dark chocholate and somehow make this fizz you've got Pardon. Lovely, sweet, warm and rich scent - I had no idea it is man perfume, I would rather think it's an unisex with a strong feminine side. I think this is a must for all chcolate and inscence combined lovers.

Vincents1278
Vincents1278

There's a hint of cacao mixed with patchouly and sandalwood. I don't get "spicy" but the synthetic agarwood has a sharpness that one might mistake for spice. This is Duro but smoother. That's really all I get from this. Didn't last quite as long as others have reported. Definitely a floral note in there somewhere but if you didn't read the listed notes beforehand you'd have no idea what it was. The same goes for the cacao, if there is any. Blended well as with L'Instant but I prefer the latter. Another overpriced "meh" from No-samatto. If it were truly a floral cacao dandy fragrance I would have liked it better. It's like they were afraid to get creative and made Duro-lite.

Mr. Doody
Mr. Doody

I've never been much for the gourmand juices. I'm a huge Nasomatto fan, but that hasn't helped me get over the hump on Pardon. I've worn this a few days now to give it a fair shot, and I think I'm done trying it out. It's a very interesting scent, and it's definitely got that Nasomatto rich base "thing" to it. The chocolate-y notes just are too much for me though, along with the sweetness it's tossing around. And the mofo LASTS. So if you hate it, you're gonna need to find a scrub-brush :-) . If you like gourmand and/or you're a Nasomatto fan, I would absolutely check this out. It is distinctive IMO. For me though, I'll stick to my Nasomatto faves: Hindu Grass, Duro, and Absinth. Many pardons, Pardon!

Ikosmajovich
Ikosmajovich

Really, it's the best perfume from Nasomatto's.It remains something from Montales' oudhs - but less woody and heavy. Much vetiver followed with spieces. It resembles Aomassai, Gaiac and Tea for two (L'Artisan). Noting in common with other Nasomatto's perfumes.Like it!

Notes: Floral Notes, Magnolia, Chocolate, Tonka Bean, Cinnamon, Agarwood, Sandalwood.

Pardon opens with a blast of synthetic oud a-là Montale joined by a chocolate accord and a considerable amount of tonka beans and cinnamon. It immediately reminds of Gualtieri's previous Duro and, for a few aspects, of Guerlain's L'Insant Extreme but where the former introduces leather and the latter shows the typical sweet vanilla base of many Guerlains, Pardon is joined by a strong woody/incensey base, floral patterns and an overall resinous-ambery vibe.

While Pardon is far from evoking the typical image of a mannered dandy, at the same time is not as loud and "deafening" as other deliveries from this house. Sort of a Nasomatto with a sore-throat. Don't get me wrong, Pardon remarks its presence very clearly but it doesn't cross the border of vulgarity. Nice sillage and great lasting power.

Overall I'd classify Pardon as a very contemporary, trendy gourmand that while being quite enjoyable and not particularly juvenile, it won't surely leave a trace. In the meantime, enjoy your bottle as this is probably one of the most succesful deliveries from this house.

Note for people leaving in the US: Nasomatto is much more cheaper in Europe (it sells for $125/138 against the usual $168) so you may consider buying it from an european reseller. Shipment fees? You can bypass this by simply joining some friends and place a cumulative order...

zielona
zielona

Mix Duro, Opus V [Amouage] and Gaiac [Micallef], then take the best of it - this is how Pardon smells.

It's definitely a strong woody fragrance, with brown sugar notes and a hint of heavy white flowers - I bet on jasmine. On the skin, at the beginning I get a synthetic, rubbery effect [jasmine again?], but spicy woods quickly save the composition. After a few hours it may change into quite salty, but still strong-and-sweet: like Lindt's chocolate with sea salt inside. Weird, but good ;]

Lasting - deadly.
By far, the best perfume from Nasomatto's.

Riccardo
Riccardo

I recently tested it. The first note that I smell is a note of oudh, very similar to the oudh note of "Black Afghano" and "Duro", then appears dark chocolate, immediately followed by something chemical - flowery and vetiver. Finally returns oudh, that on my skin is the main note of this fragrance. A trivial and obvious classic but(as in the style of Nasomatto)designed to be smelled from miles away,and after more than twelve hours after application. In the billboard that advertises "Pardon", the nose has made this fragrance was photographed as Count Robert de Montesquiou - Fezensac in the portrait painted by Giovanni Boldini. This character, really existed in the late nineteenth century, inspired 2 famous dandies of literature: Des Esseintes in the novel "A rebours" by Huysmans, and the Baron Charlus of the Proust's "Recherche", but honestly I think that a real dandy would refuse to wear something so trivial and loud at the same time.

velb95
velb95

Initially some chocolate-like notes, which develop in the spaced, woody and sweet notes (it happens only on your skin. On the tester paper it remains somethig unclear.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Nasomatto Pardon fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Nasomatto Pardon, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Pardon by Nasomatto. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Pardon by Nasomatto represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.