Designers » N-Q » Oriental « Groups

Cathedral Neil Morris for women and men

Cathedral Neil Morris for women and men
dislike

yellow floral

Cathedral by Neil Morris is a Oriental fragrance for women and men. The nose behind this fragrance is Neil Morris. Top notes are black pepper and green tea; middle notes are ylang-ylang and narcissus; base notes are labdanum, incense, oak, cedar, leather and amyris.

Black Pepper Green Tea

Cuir Mauresque

Cathedral Fragrance Reviews

archivist
archivist

Ordinarily the notes listed are among my favorites of all time. Labdanum? Narcissus? Incense? *And* ylang?

And yet.

This is oily, and it makes my skin itchy-burny, so I'm speculating that the black pepper is natural (CO2 or oil). I have to go wash it off, but I'd say 1) not for people with sensitive skin and 2) smells like quite a few other things, mostly Parfum Sacre, Niki de Saint Phalle, Caron Poivre... It's not really incense driven, there's nothing "Cathedral"ish about this to me. It reminds me a lot more of Elizabeth Taylor's perfumes, the ones named after gemstones, all of them at once, in a vintage bag that hasn't been cleaned in decades, in which a bottle of mace has leaked. So... I guess it might smell like a fearful octogenarian who is on her way to a cathedral?

When I tried to wash it off, the burn got worse and turned bright red - so yeah, something in here is giving me a chemical burn and it's oil based. Not the first time it's happened with a natural pepper and it should be pretty intuitive not to put a ml of mace in your perfume, but ok. Not everyone has sensitive skin.

An extremely old-school base accord remains even after I washed three times with soap and water, this thing has some serious tenacity. After all those washings it really does smell like an elderly lady's lingerie drawer, with old-school paper liners and the special sachet. Odd.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Neil Morris Cathedral fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Neil Morris Cathedral, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Cathedral by Neil Morris. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Cathedral by Neil Morris represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Dana Tabu Solstice Scents Gehenna Solstice Scents Gibbon's Boarding School Solstice Scents Library Solstice Scents Manor Mona di Orio Vanille Evocative Perfumes Olibanum Dua Fragrances Sweet Tabacum La Via del Profumo Balsamo della Mecca / Mecca Balsam Santa Maria Novella Tabacco Toscano Sarah Jessica Parker Stash SJP Les Nereides Oppoponax Annick Goutal Ambre Fétiche Tom Ford Amber Absolute Slava Zaitsev Maroussia Neil Morris Earthtones #3: North Woods Neil Morris Earthtones #1: Dark Earth Alkemia Perfumes Vixen Solstice Scents Thornwood Thicket Evocative Perfumes Siberian Fir