Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Prodigieux Le Parfum Nuxe for women

Prodigieux Le Parfum Nuxe for women
dislike

coconut
Prodigieux Le Parfum Nuxe for women Pictures Prodigieux Le Parfum Nuxe for women Pictures Prodigieux Le Parfum Nuxe for women Pictures

Prodigieux Le Parfum by Nuxe is a Floral fragrance for women. Prodigieux Le Parfum was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Serge Majoullier. Top notes are orange blossom, bergamot, mandarin orange and orange; middle notes are rose, magnolia and gardenia; base notes are vanilla, coconut milk and pebbles.

Orange Blossom Bergamot Mandarin Orange Orange

Amande Fleurie

Prodigieux Le Parfum Fragrance Reviews

stella_gray
stella_gray

I'm a huge fan of Nuxe products and particularly love their Prodigieux range including the oil and face cream. In my opinion the face/hair/body oil is not noticeably better than any other similar products on the market but its signature scent sucked me right in. So when I saw that Nuxe released a perfume for the Prodigieux range I hopped online and snapped up a few bottles!
My impression on the perfume is that the fragrance is strong at first when first sprayed on so don't overdo it. The first notes I get are white florals and vanilla. The perfume then settles down to that familiar Nuxe Prodigieux scent that is exactly like the oil.
This perfume is not particularly long lasting but layering it with other Prodigieux products would likely give a bit more longevity. While I think it is predominantly a summer/spring scent, I do think you could wear it in colder weather. I also think it is a very versatile scent that could be worn in the office as well as after hours/out for dinner. Likewise despite being quite a classic style fragrance, it is a perfume that could be worn by a variety of ages.
So thumbs up from me and it will definitely become a favourite in my perfume collection of around 50 different scents. If you love the Nuxe oil, you will love this!

nweh
nweh

Love the scent of the day oil but hate how much silicone there was in that. Was very happy to find this perfume. Love this. Creamy orange blossom with a kiss of coconut, but well blended so it doesn't smell too tropical or beachy. May be cloying if you spray too much.

catherine82
catherine82

Ohhh, could this usurp my beloved Yves Rocher Monoi? Probably not, but this is lovely. The same coconut-gardenia you get in all these sorts of perfumes, with a wee dash of orange too.

What have we learned? All monoi is good monoi.

Layla54
Layla54

I impulse bought this at the airport after a holiday in Corsica when I was high on dazzling light and space and, inevitably, it carries those images back when I put it on now. I find it has a soft, honeyed scent that doesn't screech at all on me, but then I have the kind of skin that soaks up top notes super fast, leaving nothing but a wisp of wood smoke or trace of musk. I don't get coconut, but I do get the flowers of the gorse bush warmed up in the sun, which also reminds me of childhood holidays in Cornwall and the scent wafting off the cliffs. It's not amazingly original or complex, but it is NICE.

socorrosouza
socorrosouza

All fragrances now are mostly synthetic, with a few (but very few) exceptions.And have been for almost 30 years, as I have read here on Fragrantica.

sistermoon
sistermoon

I tested this recently in a store. The opening is more floral than the famous oil. But the florals disappear and all what is left is the signature Nuxe oil scent. Which I love by the way. But I figured the oil is cheaper and it's multi-tasking, and the fragrance of the oil lingers just as much as this perfume. There's really no reason to get this fragrance if you own and use the oil. But judged on its own, this is a beautiful, summery, beachy scent - but nothing fruity or tropical, this is a classic scent that brings to mind hot beach sand mixed with the scent of a sunscreen lotion. It feels luxurious and somehow comforting.

margoval
margoval

Thanks to the top notes it is nice at the beginning but it quickly becomes heavy floral, creamy and old-fashioned. Gardenia suffocates the rest of the notes and me as well.
I cannot bear it *especially* in summer.

SIPLANTIS
SIPLANTIS

Dear Sannee77, i like coconut scents too, so i suggest you to try Sarah Jessica Parker's Pure Crush. Its aroma is so similar to Malibu :)

Sannee77
Sannee77

Oh man, what a disappointment! Based on the notes I expected this to be the perfect cozy scent, but no. The Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse oil that the fragrance is based on is lovely. Prodigieux Le Parfum is a pungent and screechy version, boozy orange blossom and coconut gone bad. Why can't I ever find a coconut scent that I like?

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

Just vanilla and sweet notes along with some soft white florals. It smells indeed like suntan lotion, reminiscent of long days of summer, beaches and holidays. Not bad, but not really special, at less, not for me, since I am not found of such sweet scents. However, if that kind of perfume is of your liking or you are a fan of Nuxe products, this one is indeed worth of trying.

Rianna
Rianna

As long as you don't go berserk with this then you'll be okay. I first smelt this in a magazine sample and really liked it because it was unlike anything I'd smelt before.
Then seeing it on offer decided to take the plunge.
It's quite strong and slightly sweet on first spray and can come across as synthetic and off putting. My advice spray once on your wrist, lightly rub with the other and leave it alone for 15 minutes before sniffing.
There it is - a waft of the beach right there on your wrist, sand sun sea and pebbles. I can smell the bergamot and a trace of orange blossom with the underlying magnolia but ultimately the vanilla and coconut milk.
This is the perfume you turn to when you want something different, when you're fed up with your florals but want something not too masculine but not too feminine.
It's clean not dirty, and definitely different. Don't overspray or you'll put yourself off and try before you buy.

goofycaramel
goofycaramel

This is an example of how fragrance can differ so much in different product incarnations. I purchased a Nuxe gift set that included a sample of this perfume because I adored the soft creamy tropical frangipani scent wafting from my Nuxe candle. However, the Parfum version is a very old fashioned white floral that is decidedly not for me.

This is remarkably similar to Annick Goutal's Songes on me, if a touch less heavy. I can't wear Songes due to the thick miasma of fragrance that surrounded me for hours if I even dared a spray, but Nuxe Prodigieux is somewhat more wearable. If you like Songes but found it too heavy, give Nuxe Prodigieux a try.

Update: I've since tried the Nuxe beauty oil that seems to be a cult favorite (and it does seem to relieve my mild winter psoriasis). The scent is somewhere in the middle between the candle and the parfum versions, not as soft as the candle, but not as strong and heavy as the parfum; if you're a fan of the beauty oil scent, note that the parfum's scent is going to be in the similar vein, but heavier, than the oil. The candle remains my favorite fragrance carrier format.

Littlegrassstraw
Littlegrassstraw

This is obviously a perfume that behaves quite differently on different skin. This was my experience: Lovely creamy floral alternating with powdery vanilla dust and only very late a fleeting glimpse of of light citrus! The first scent waves reminded me of a chestnut flower perfume i gave as a present once. So no fresh start here, it is straight on sweet, slightly heavy flowers. I would have sworn there is jasmine in this, of a very creamy-oily sweet kind. However, must be orange flower, my uneducated nose is sometimes confused but just to point out that the orange blossoms here are heady rather than fresh. Other flowers are mixed in to create a luxurious, sweet, super creamy/oily and rather captivating composition. Kind of like a Lush product for a grown up, without the candyish undercurrent.
Looking at the scent pyramid: Pebbles? Yes indeed! But very dry ones covered by dust, creates a sort of contrast theme together with vanilla, resulting in a very dry powdery effect that alternates interestingly, even if not always totally pleasant, with the dense and sweet floral aspect.
Sillage is rather close, longevity half a day. I dont think use of this is limited to summer, i can imagine it quite versatile actually, even if the sillage does not present it as an obvious evening scent. I might have considered buying this floral beauty but these days i do not gravitate to opulent mature sweet florals like this but will keep it in mind for sure!
Edit: only in the very end do i get the beach vibe other reviewers talk about.

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

Nuxe – Nuxe Prodigieux. 11/08/2015

Nuxe Prodigieux is a beautiful, predominately Spring and Summer, fragrance. It is comprised by, mainly, white flowers rounded by a honeyed note but, it is not at all sweet or cloying. On the contrary, it is citrusy sharp and fresh and it wakes up the senses.

I find it suitable for all ages, all occasions and officewear. I think it is pleasant and inoffensive and I do recommend it.

The downside to it is the longevity which is very small. It lasts for about an hour, at best. This, combined with the fact that its price is considerable, make the perfume a questionable purchase. If you do not mind splurging on a scent that lasts so little then, Nuxe Prodigieux will not disappoint you.

Enjoy the perfume quest.
Regards
Josephine

miss mills
miss mills

This smells like coconut sunscreen to me! Warm, a soft sillage but a dense fragrance. The vanilla and coconut combined with gardenia is definitely a heavy mix, summery but not in an aquatic, fresh way - more of a humid, midday, early afternoon heated way. It's a beautiful blend to be sure but for summer, personally I would usually go for something that makes me feel fresher, not muggier!

samsara1977
samsara1977

I don't quote this as a summer scent, to me it is very synthetic after a couple of minutes. It keeps hanging on your skin and is disturbing causing instant headache! I think Nuxe wanted to live of the success of their oil... but using oil as a perfume base gives a very different result I believe.

missrukia
missrukia

Tropical but also very classy and feminine. It's a clean scent (gardenia) but a 'gourmand' at the same time with the coconut milk and vanilla. It's a nice perfume, Serge Majoullier did a good job ! It's very strong when you spray it but it doesn't lasts on my skin, that's why I spray it more on clothes where it can last 2 days.

katushka37
katushka37

On my skin it smells very similar to Nuxe dry oil. I got my hands on the oil first because I've heard lots of good reviews about it and fell in love with the scent. It is rich, creamy white floral warmed with coconut and vanilla notes.

I had tried it a while back, and didn't think much of it, as I am not fond of the huile prodigieuse..I recently bought a 15 ml, and it is definitely different, it smells summery. Not so much like sunscreen. More like tropical!?like a tropical floral scent, sunny, and real attractive!! My husband likes it, which is a plus!! I detect a beautiful gardenia flower,which in the drydown gets creamy..
Overall a nice scent, feminine, stylish...I like it...I already have Kate spade live colorfully and it is in that same vibe, the Nuxe being less floral..
in the end, it isnt what I like wearing, so I gave it away!

Tiwalii
Tiwalii

My skin really loves this stuff, it brings out this scents best features and amplifies them. The result is a gorgeus, voluptuous and very elegant tropical floral.

I can smell the creamy coconut milk, the smooth and sweet vanilla, the charming and very pleasant magnolia, gardenia and orange blossom. And in the dry down this very interesting dry beach rock (pebble) note is quite prominent. It all comes together to create a fantastic summer scent reminiscent of the best summer vacations of my life.

The sillage is great and I can smell the scent for hours and hours on my skin.

I adore this perfume. :)

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

What's with all these negative reviews?! On me this smells gorgeous and classy - I can sense orange blossom, gardenia, vanilla, coconut milk and magnolia. The scent is a sillage monster - it fills a room and it lasts for ages. The composition is very original, I haven't smelt anything like it before. Definately a night perfume. So, thumbs up, at least for me.

Lashandy
Lashandy

After using dry oil, I decided to get perfume too. The EDP supposes to long lasting but it doesn't. Very disappointed but no choice..I need to apply oil first and spray it on top in order to keep the smell but I can keep the smell till afternoon only. Its represented summer time, Singapore is cold season now..So, I gonna keep it till sun is hot enough to burn and diffuse.

mariatsi
mariatsi

Attention fans of the Nuxe huile Prodigieuse! This perfume don't smell as good as the oil! It is so much different. It's smells flat and cheap!

eirenelisa
eirenelisa

Review is of a body oil sample. It would be so good if it was missing the lime-tangerine note. I love the beeswax and vanilla floral and bit of coconut, but the citrus fruits and the tad of tea rose are messing it up for me. I smell a good amount of orange blossom in here too, but I don't get much gardenia. It does remind me of the smell of the beach and outdoor pools (minus the chlorine smell).The quality of the oil seems really nice, but I haven't tried more than a few dry oils in my life.

Antares811
Antares811

This is a very summery and light floral. I can detect mostly white flowers, coconut, and a hint of citrus and honey. It reminds me of suntan lotions smell. Suitable for summer. Lovely.

LetThereBeMe
LetThereBeMe

Living on an island in the tropics, I'm on the hunt for a scent to match my surroundings. Something balmy, coconutty, creamy, slightly sweet, slightly citrusy. Looking at the notes listed above, this perfume fits the bill. However, on my skin, it's the exact opposite. I get a whiff of vanilla and then dust! It smells so dry, I needed a drink of water.

jedrzejowskia
jedrzejowskia

This is really not worth the price tag.
It smells like Monoi oil, only with a plasticky undertone. Not bad, but definitely nothing groundbreaking.
I find the oils overpriced too. Lots of hype and it didn't deliver.
I prefer my Monoi eau de Vahines from Yves Rocher, that one smells far more luscious, creamy, alive and summery whereas Prodigieux falls flat and dull on it's face.

jennigo
jennigo

Along with many other reviewers, I use the oils (both types) frequently and love the Prodigieux fragrance. I was thrilled when NUXE released the perfume. Even more thrilled to discover that, to me, the perfume is a true representation of the best of the oils' fragrance. The difference I detect is that the perfume is more focused and behaves like a perfume, whereas I detect an off putting note in the oils that I've found difficult to describe. (I lack the awe-inspiring fragrance vocabulary that so many in the Fragrantica community possess.) Can't recall what oil is used in the NUXE Prodigieux products, but that may be the cause of the bothersome smell. Happily, the perfume is free of that issue. In the context of my fragrance life, I have a finicky and disloyal nose.On any given day I may reject a fragrance that was the prior day's craving so I doubt that a signature scent is in my future. However, this lovely NUXE Prodigieux perfume is proving to be a welcomed and frequent companion; easy to be around - never tiresome, interesting but not so complicated as to require too much reflection, courteous - never overbearing, and surprisingly, has not yet irritated this goldilocks of all things sensory: not too this and not too that but just right.
By the way, the NUXE Prodigieux candle is also delightful! Thank you NUXE!

star38
star38

the oil smelles better than the parfume

Allinug
Allinug

Tropical smell, vanilla, coconut....WHERE...Not here, just an awful smell of to much white flowers and nothing more.

I smelled the perfume some weeks ago and when I bought a perfume the other day I got a little bottle with the Nuxe oil as a gift and it's the same awful smell even when I smell it from the bottle or put it on my skin.

Can't understand why so many think it smells so wonderful, it doesn't to me.

coffeebee88
coffeebee88

I'm in two minds about this perfume. I think it is quite pleasant but the orange blossom is really quite strong on my skin. The top note definitely reminds me of Elie Saab, which is not a bad thing but it's just slightly too strong. The dry down is better and it lingers for quite a while. I will still probably purchase it sometime soon, but I have yet to find a summer fragrance that compares to Azuree Soleil!

dsty
dsty

I bought this because I love the smell of Huile Prodigieuse. I'd use it all the time if my skin were less dry or if it were less expensive. As it is, I need too much of it to make it affordable, so I was very glad when I found out about this perfume. And I wasn't disappointed.
I especially like this perfume after it's had some time. At first there is some dominant smell that I would have called "nylon stockings"; having read the description, I assume it's the pebbles. It's not unpleasant later on when it fades more into the background (then it contributes to the general lovely "beach" smell), but at first it's a bit too much.
After a while it becomes a very nice beach/skin scent: suntan lotion, a bit of coconut, warm skin, a bit of sand. Lovely!
It's pretty longlasting too; I can smell it on my wrist all day long, fading slowly...

archergirl
archergirl

I am a big fan of the Huile Prodigieuse oil and go through a bottle every few months. The perfume smells exactly like the oil. Exactly. On my skin, as with a few other reviewers, it is pure tropics and suntan oil. A warm, golden smell redolent of hot sun, summer and beaches. I get very few of the top notes except orange blossom and a slightly sharp orange, which fades quickly. Of the middle notes, only a hint of magnolia and gardenia (rose? where?), last through the dry-down and then out come all of the base notes, including the dry, sort of dusty smell of pebbles. It's a seductive, subtle, creamy scent, not 'perfumy', that will really only reveal itself to someone who is up close and personal with you. I would love to buy a bottle, but on me the perfume does not last as long as the oil does, so I may as well keep buying the oil (it's cheaper, for one thing).

Emma0714
Emma0714

Meh. Niether good nor bad. It smells like monoi oil. Gardenia and coconut. Wich is really nice! But in my honest opinion, next to "Monoi eau des Vahines" by Yves Rocher, or Vercases "Crystal Noir", this one smells bland. More "wonderbaum-ish". If that makes sense. I don't get that soft SOFT creamy scent. There is some note that is really off in this one... Don't know.. the pebbles maybe? Makes it smell a bit... cheap. Unfortuneatly :(

meligonlan
meligonlan

I'm in the Caribbean wearing a white bikini and panama hat. It's the middle of the afternoon when the sun is most powerful. My skin is burning and sweating so I decide to reapplying my suntan lotion.To freshen up I go for a dip in the sea and then go lay down on the sand while sipping my Piña Colada. This is what NUXE reminds me of :) Absolutely delicious.

Exenidi
Exenidi

Very soft , ultimate creaminess and smoothness. The scent oozes comfort and delicate top notes gently carry you over to the perfectly blent coconut and vanilla. There is nothing sharp or sun-tan lotion- like in the scent, despite it's originating from the popularity of the oil itself. Wearable in cold Asa we'll as summer months. Once again Creaminess itself. That's how Vanilla Noir by Yves Rocher would smell, had it creamy coconut added. Highly recommended!

beauty_girl
beauty_girl

sirop de Liège:
Can you desribe that scent? Cause i have that product too, but to me it just smells old and dated, even though my bottle isnt.

sirop de Liège
sirop de Liège

I would like to try this! I use the Nuxe huile Prodigieuse which has a heavenly scent and if the perfume smells similar then for sure I will love it!

daisyM
daisyM

Pebbles?! I tried it yesterday and didn't smell any pebbles...