Designers » N-Q » Aromatic « Groups

Tabacco Odori for women and men

Tabacco Odori for women and men
dislike

tobacco
Tabacco Odori for women and men Pictures Tabacco Odori for women and men Pictures

After niche collection Bois 1920, which was presented in 2005, Enzo Galardi continues his author journey of thoughts and arts. A new line by this distinguished author was introduced. It was named ODORI, inspired by and dedicated to Italian city of Florence, which tells the story of essences of stores, squares, ancient buildings, of history and scents of the city.

New collection of fragrances Profumo di Firenze - ODORI encompasses: Cuoio, Spigo, Tabacco, Zafferano, Iris, Gli Odori.

Six new fragrances show uniqueness through charming relations of essences and packages which keep them and present in their way. Wooden frame which frames each of glass bottles is made with a special technique, which demands a whole process before it is attached to glass. The bottle is decorated with details of finest leather from Florence, which are there to introduce a seal to art of creations and creators. Each of the bottles also represents a fusion of tradition and minimalism.

The third perfume of the collection is Tabacco, inspired by tobacco harvest and by a woman working in the field, collecting leaves the scent of which sticks on her hands and skin very clearly.

A whole range of Florence aromas is available in six new fragrances by Enzo Galardi. The bottles are available as 100 ml EDT. You can read more about their compositions in Fragrantica's base, on pages dedicated to each edition separately. Tabacco was launched in 2008.

Bitter Orange Incense Eucalyptus Jasmine Vetiver Oakmoss Vanilla Tobacco

Tabacco Fragrance Reviews

siririschmoos
siririschmoos

This reminds me of La Yuqawam Pour Homme, not a great kind of tobacco. I think that there is a difference in the fragrance world...............you got your pipe, cigar and then there is this type of tobacco.

That's all I get, a rather dirty second class tobacco.........maybe Pure Havane raised the bar so high that others just seem to pale in comparison.

Another scent to compare this to is Tabaco Latino (2003)
by Monotheme.

I guess it's just me, it may be masculine but more of an unkept-screw-the-world type of masculine.

Moderate projection and lasts okay on my skin.

Castor
Castor

What is going on with this house? I remember clearly well all the hype around Cuoio and Tabacco when in 2009 I joined a discussion board on perfumes. It was among the best selling niche brands.

Fast forward to 2016: while driving from Genoa to Milan a stop by ends up checking out a small perfumery and there it was, 50 ml bottles for € 13. The S A asked me if I were aware I was buying a € 75 scent for the previously mentioned amount. Yes, I was.

A. Niche? It seems this is kind of relative.
B. It smells like a stronger, spicier Zino. Tobacco? Not at all; having worked in the industry I can surely tell you it smells like the essences added to blends, not tobacco leaves.
C. Para los argentinos: huele a Tabaco por Fulton, caja marrón. Una copia de Zino que termina siendo bastante fiel al aqui descrito y no al de Davidoff.

Pare159

From reading the latest reviews below I must disagree. There must of been a reformulation. I have seen some cylindrical bottles floating around this must be the sweet new ones other reviewers are talking about. I have the orginal bottle from 2008 and it smell far from sweet. This is a classy well balanced humidor leather and woods smell. Pure class and gentleman throughout. If you get a chance on the older wooden bottles as pictured above don't pass it up. They are hard to come by. Thank goodness I have a back up. This is definitely a stunning fragrance. No other like it.

smellavision
smellavision

Another scent in the vein of TFs Tobacco Vanille and Marlys Herod, this one is emphasing on the honey even though it's not listed in the notes.

Very long lasting and heavy on the sillage as well. I am missing the incense myself, but maybe this is what covers the sable-like midtones. It's truly sweet with an emphasis on honey, pipe tobacco, vanilla, a discrete eucalyptus and a very smooth vetiver layering with a hay-like quality. The jasmine adds a slight bit of boozy dark florals in the drydown as well.

It's a nice scent for winter or colder temps, but could easily get too heavy if worn in higher temperatures.

To quote my gf : "This should be named Winnie the Pooh - it smells like you emptied a jar of honey all over yourself". Oh well, can't please everybody ;-)

landshark321
landshark321

Odori Tabacco is a subdued tobacco scent not dominated the by sweetness that is characteristic of most of the prominent tobacco scents that get a lot of play online, such as Tom Ford -Tobacco Vanille, By Kilian - Back to Black, or even Parfums de Marly - Herod. The tobacco figures in most prominently but there's a citrus sweetness and greenness at the beginning. Odori does not evolve all that much, with perhaps the greenness fading a little into the dry down, but the tobacco remaining strong throughout. In response to the notes list, I don't get much eucalyptus at all, and I definitely don't detect vanilla at all, even in the dry down.

Projection is decent for an EDT--clearly this fragrance is meant to be understated, so I would not expect it to be loud in terms of its performance. Longevity seems great so far, as in, not much of a drop in the first couple hours.

This is definitely a tobacco fragrance that needs to be tried for those that find the sweetness of some of the sweet tobacco fragrances listed above to be too cloying and want something that is more tobacco-centric. I'm not sure it's for me, as I do like the sweetness to a balance out the green and dry notes that dominate Odori, but it's certainly a new facet of tobacco fragrance and one that receives a lot of praise from the community for being more genuinely. As it's now discontinued, happy hunting on the secondary market!

7 out of 10

Cochlea
Cochlea

Odori - Tabacco

The first spray is vanilla with soft incense and a faint citrus note. The tobacco comes through on my skin, the incense is supporting the tobacco. The tobacco is sweet from honey, I do not see honey listed but I sense it on my skin. There is a very delicately fresh, aromatic scent from eucalyptus. The jasmine is well-blended on my skin, it is covered by the honeyed-tobacco. The vanilla is soft, lingers on my skin.

Longevity on my skin is about 5 hours and sillage is soft but noticeable. A must test for tobacco lovers!

hanginglimbs
hanginglimbs

Sampled this and loved the authentic tobacco quality.

Anyone looking to sell their bottle?

Pare159

Got 2 bottles of this amazing art work. Cigars in a box real life take not sweet but this is perfumery at its finest.

JEDI 2.0
JEDI 2.0

Aww man, I am SO BUMMED with this. Does not work for me.

I definitely get an earthen, filthy unprocessed tobacco and the pungency of eucalyptus and some jasmine. I get no vanilla. But the sum of all the parts gives me an unmistakable essence of "truckstop urinal".

I've read many times how the smell of urine can be present for some people in fragrances. ...and I've always secretly thought "what a weirdo! You CAN'T be smelling urine, come on!" but lo and behold, here I am smelling the smell of a dried pissy toilet, attempted to be masked with a bundle of eucalyptus. It's really a bummer, I was hoping this would smell like an old cigar box my grandma used to keep her weed in. As time goes on, the drydown is mostly "eucalyptus and dirty tobacco" but that truckstop urinal essence is unescapable for me with this one.

Bummed as I am with the scent, I'm still elated to have found it, and tried it rather than blind-buying a hard-to-find, expensive bottle which I almost did.

DerangedGoose
DerangedGoose

It is one of the more accurate frags, versus the insipid bathroom candle of TV and its ilk, but its not all that enjoyable. Smells like a moist pile of tobacco, very earthy and vegetal. Interesting in that regard, but not something I would consider worth wearing.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Tabacco by Odori is one of those “tobacco” scents in which I don’t really perceive any tobacco at all. I get sometimes notes and names have to be taken in a figurative meaning, but honestly, even making the effort of avoiding literal expectations, I get no tobacco at all here – and I consider myself quite familiar with several types of tobacco, being a passionate smoker (but well, then I may suffer from “olfactory fatigue” as regards of the smell of tobacco). Nonetheless, this fragrance is actually quite good. It opens with a thick, boozy, sweet blend which seems revolving around something like a resinous, licorice-infused note of jasmine with hay, something like aniseed, and a thin, distinguished dark base of mossy woods and a shade of something similar to styrax, all topped with a zesty drop of bergamot (or something like bergamot – some aromatic, sweet citrus/orange note) and some camphorous, pungent cloves – quite a must in tobacco scents. I am just throwing ideas and impressions as I don’t know the actual composition of this, but more or less that’s what I get out of Tabacco.

Ideally I would say this smells like something Parfum d’Empire could have made, considering Marc Antoine Corticchiato’s fondness for hay and moody Mediterranean earthy-anisic notes of herbs (and I mean also “culinary” herbs, I think I get an odd whiff of garlic too at some points) and mossy woods. Tobacco is quite herbal in fact, it’s balsamic and sweet with a really well-executed boozy and floral heart – “floral” meaning here what I referred as jasmine above (which kind of reminds me of immortelle, too; maybe there’s some). That’s it, no tobacco at all, but a rather complex and sophisticated blend evoking nuances of licorice, damp flowers, country herbs, hay and woods. Perfectly unisex, quite evocative, balanced and effortlessly pleasant, classy and smooth, with a nice evolution towards a discreet, albet quite short-lived and thin balsamic drydown of leathery herbs still carrying some floral-resinous sweetness. Carolina Herrera for Men also comes to mind during the very late drydown, although Tabacco feels “nicher”. For some reasons I smell a lot of “other fragrances” here, so this isn’t really something I would consider memorable enough, and the short persistence doesn’t help... but until it lasts, it’s really decent and pleasant.

7,5/10

jeffwithfrags
jeffwithfrags

I test ran this right alongside Roja's Enigma.

And, to cut short a long story; it lost out badly. Like from the 1st spray badly.

While of course, this, Enigma and and ubiquitous TV all have very nice and sweet tobacco drydowns - this by far has the worst opening.

What should be pure tobacco is offset by some very odd greeny, weird menthol-ly thing. I don't know, it's just odd.

It certainly totally burns when the orange comes through on me, ugh, it's very raw and green orange and totally swerves this one way off the beautifully 'clear' path of the other two Great scents.

Really, many say top notes wear off however breif or fleeting but, they don't really.

I guess I'm just not a fan of Galardi's work, seeing as absolutely none of the Bios 1920 have half-impressed me either.

The menthol / greeny vibe really kills this one for me.

Enigma 'Creation Cola-E' with the less expensive TV were always going to be very tough Tobacco scents to dethrone in my eyes, and this one didn't make it past the bathroom mirror rather than a dress rehearsal.

My rating: 4/10.
Quality: 8/10.

MegaMav
MegaMav

A solid, soft tobacco and vanilla scent.
To me, this has some similarities to Bvlgari Black.
Substitute the smoky, burned tea note in Bvlgari Black for a very realistic humid tobacco note. The vanilla note is nearly identical. I dont get much else front to back, the opening is fresh with the bitter citrus, but that lasts maybe a minute and not worth analyzing.

Its simple, yet the tobacco and vanilla are balanced perfectly. Its not so entombing like Tobacco Vanille. Its an EDT with good staying power and the projection is respectable at an arms length for hours. It wont clear a room but others near you will know you're wearing something rich, warm, sophisticated.

This scent, for me, has redefined what tobacco in a fragrance should smell like. The retail price is painful, and not worth it at $210, but if you can find it for under $100, its worth considering. Its hard to argue with its execution and wearability.

Well done.

sunnyinphilly
sunnyinphilly

It smells like a pee on me. I had to wash it off immediately.

AveParfum
AveParfum

This is SO GOOD! This is the tobacco I have been longing for. I didn't find it in Costamor's perfume, and I didn't quite find it in L'Antichambre's either. This is it--that amazing smell that catches you by surprise when you are walking down the street, and you walk smack into it. You turn your head every which way, you know it's tobacco, and for a moment it makes you think maybe you ought to take up smoking pipes or cigars. This smells a bit sweet, a bit powdery, and a tad woody too, but it is really 95% tobacco enhanced by those other notes in all the right ways. The scent is really soothing. I'm head over heels for this glorious and very unisex beauty!

Update: This perfume is very hard to find. I got lucky. A perfume shop sold their tester bottle to me for half price. I will treasure this one til the last drop.

Lana148
Lana148

Sweet tobacco.

Starts quite unpleasant, like bunch of rotten tobacco leaves drenched in honey. Later fragrance clears up to be the mix of slightly musty tobacco and honey. Not too complex, a bit sweet for my liking. Not bad, but the opening is too much to take for me. I love tobacco fragrances, but have to pass on this one.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Very original, a perfume with a wonderful tobacco.
A translation in my nose where it seems it is the aroma of pipe tobacco in the background, which is a light sweet tobacco, honeyed.
That here by the presence of vanilla, all balanced notes in harmony, a beautiful work.

srt33
srt33

After multiple wearings, all I get is a dry, bitter, powdery tobacco. None of the other notes come through. It is not something I would call disguisting like a hand full of other fragrances I've smelled, but there is just something about this one I just cannot stand. Not that this isn't a quality fragrance, it just really is not for me. In that regard, I would not be surprised if whoever I pass along this sample to ends up loving it.

ms rochambeau
ms rochambeau

I dropped into a thrift store to pick up a couple of cheapie t-shits and as I was checking out, I noticed an odd object inside the glass display case below the counter. I asked the clerk to see it and it turned out to be Tabacco by Odori with the leather cap and bottle that's suspended in a wooden frame. The taped-on tag said $6.95. I vaguely remembered seeing a bottle like that as I was researching tabacco scents a couple of years back, but I wasn't sure. I spritz some on and liked it instantly.

It opens with a the strong sweet scent of a freshly opened pouch of pipe tobacco and even though eucalyptus and jasmine, and orange flower are listed, I don't get those notes. The scent seems to slowly quiet down to a subtle combination of tabacco, incense, a dusting of cocoa powder and vanilla beans (just a tad bit too much vanilla for me), that reminds me of something between new Tabac Blond by Caron, and Serge Luten's Fumerie Turque.

From time to time I ponder trying to purchase either a full, or partial bottle of Fumerie Turque, and I scour ebay looking for vintage Tabac Blond, but both are so far out of my price range that I know I'm just going through the motions. With this full, 100 ml bottle of Odori's Tabacco I can end the search (for those two, at least) as Odori Tabacco satisfies my tabacco scent craving completely, even though it could be a little more dry and smoky.

Silliage is moderate. I think men would appreciate the opening phase more and women would appreciate the sweet woody dry down more, but it's definitely unisex.

shawny
shawny

Picture Babe Ruth's glove stored in the attic of his old mansion. Go back about a century ago, and in the dugout, Babe Ruth smokes his cigar, while pieces of tobacco leaf fall into his glove. He then peels an orange, leaving the peels on the glove until he is done eating. To me, this fragrance is more than a tobacco scent. It is a vintage leather glove buried in the memories of the past, a past that may have never existed outside of the mind.

bigjakeriz
bigjakeriz

The description describes this fragrance perfectly. The smell as if you went out into a field of tobacco leaves, picked up a few leaves and started rubbing them back and forth between your hands until the oils in the leaves begin to soak into your hands. Take a big whiff of that and bang. That's what I get out of Tabacco. I don't get any of the other notes. Very linear scent. Stays that way for a long time. Longevity is good. Sillage is about average. But the tobacco note is too harsh for me. Still Tobacco Vanille is the smoothest most delicious tobacco I've smelled.

rickyrebarco
rickyrebarco

Just tried my decant of this scent and found it very comforting and the nicest tobacco scent I have found so far. It starts a bit sweet, then becomes drier but with still a hint of sweetness and the tobacco note really smells like tobacco without being annoying and too smokey. This makes me feel nostalgic. Reminds me of getting hugs from my Dad and uncles as a child when they all had on their Sunday best suits, Old Spice and had been smoking. There is both a spicy and a warm clothing smell in this fragrance like a wool suit or a cashmere sweater. It also smells like an older blend of fruit flavored pipe tobacco. As a woman I won't wear this scent, but I'm keeping my decant. I really love this. Leaves me with a warm glow of nostalgia.

body67
body67

tobacco with A LOT OF HONEY. not bad but can be a bit cloying at times and i'm sure it works best in winter. my favourite from this line is still cuoio, by far their best creation. it also reminds me a lot of serge lutens' fumerie turque. if you have one, you can certainly dispense with the other.

Wano
Wano

A nice tobacco and vanilla scent. I think of 2 fragrances, Zino Davidoff and Tom Ford Tobbaco Vanille. A sweeter version of Zino and, for me, a more wearable version of Tom Ford TV.

Honeyed tobacco and faint citrus at the onset, this dries down to sweet tobacco and clean musk. A little cloying on me today, but overall nice.

champaka
champaka

Mmmmm....Tabacco is an unusual play with tobacco note. Warm, smoky and sweet but surprisingly non-cloying nor dry or heavy. The sweetness is warm and very earthy, reminding me of moist, humid earth kissed by the early morning sun, it most probably came from the vetiver and vanilla. The aromatic tobacco scent can be detected all through,with a hint of soft leather somewhere in the background but surprisingly this fragrance is not harsh, it playfully lingers oh-so very gently close to the skin...very attractive and subtly sexy. But sadly, it didn't last long on my skin...

sfonativeboy
sfonativeboy

Rebella
you are soo on the mark!
love your review!!!
I went to Barneys in SF today
and Rex Richardson (ask for him he's a fun person to know) ... gave me a generous sample ...

WOW!!!
I really like this Fragrance !!!
Rich in tone and feel...
Bitter orange softened with a hint of jasmine somehow works on my skin really well
that settles in a rich smoky base of Vanilla Tobacco...

TABAC BLOND is made very youthful .. even "Teenage" in comparison
and a Smokier robust leathery version of Chanel- Cuir Russe!
and yet there is no mention of LEATHER in the mix!

SOFT as a CASHMERE SWEATER..
Warm as a Cup of Coffee
"Grown-up" and comfortable like a
a Favorite Old Bookstore...

A new found fave!
I am unable to pry my nose from my wrist. !!! as we speak!!!

Smauglius
Smauglius

Am I the only one who clearly smells honey in this perfume?
The first time I had it sprayed on my wrist I said - tobacco and honey, tobacco IN fresh summer honey, literally soaked in it ... I checked the notes - no honey :)))) My nose does funy tricks to me :))))

glitteralex
glitteralex

Upon application, the bitter orange gives way almost immediately to the sweet incense and ever-present tobacco within seconds. The top and heart of this scent bear notable similarities to JPG's Fleur de Le Male, with the orange blossom in FDLM and the bitter orange here. In Tabacco, however, the entire composition is smoother and the base richer-in comparison to FDLM, where the base remains the sharp ashtray note that we meet early on. Here it wears off with the heart....The scent is fairly potent, but not particularly long-lasting. The eucalyptus and vetiver are used very judiciously and do not present as individual smells, but rather as part of a larger harmony.

I have been keeping a tin of Bay Rum tobacco next to my bed for years to remind me of my dear Grandpa Taylor. This scent is as close to that tobacco as ever I have smelled. I would definitely wear this, mostly to bed ;}. It's about as comforting as hubby's big camelhair cardigan.

rebella
rebella

So far I´ve only tried two perfumes from Odori, and I am pleasantly surprised. Tabacco is such a pretty, soft and still very aromatic tobacco fragrance. The jasmine note softens it up and the euacalyptus makes it just the slightest fresh. Oh, I really like this one. No matter usual preferences I think this one is so worth testing. I feel happy when I have the luxury to try such a comfortable, smoth and still very uniqe perfume. I am so looking forward to try the rest of Odori perfumes!
Longlasting, warm, grown-up and very easy to like.