Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Vanille d'Iris Ormonde Jayne for women and men

Vanille d'Iris Ormonde Jayne for women and men
dislike

Vanille d’Iris is a modern classic in the making, representing the very definition of pedigree and heritage with its precious content of Orris butter and an abundance of the aphrodisiac Tahitian vanilla bud. Vanille d’Iris is a cocktail of irresistible elegance, which makes it all the more desirable. Its all-enveloping, hypnotizing and purring seductiveness will leave all admirers breathless with anticipation.

Vanille d'Iris is a 2015 release, created by perfumer Geza Schoen. Top notes include coriander seed, Sicilian bergamot, carrot seed and schinus molle (pink pepper). The heart consists of orris absolute, jasmine absolute, magnolia bud oil and osmanthus. The base includes vanilla extract, Tahitian vanilla bud, cedar wood, vetiver, amber and musk.

The fragrance is available in eau de parfum or Made to Measure Parfum for which the customer selects the concentration.

Coriander Sicilian Bergamot Carrot Seeds Pink Pepper

Orris Jasmine Magnolia Osmanthus

Vanilla Tahitian Vanilla Cedar Vetiver Amber Musk

Magnum Iris

Vanille d'Iris Fragrance Reviews

lada1947
lada1947

The first spray of Vanille d'Iris was a slightly sweet citrus scent on my skin, not at all what I was expecting, but not unpleasant. This faded after about five minutes, becoming a strangely uncomfortable mixture of citrus, vanilla and iris that wasn't quite any one of them, but was familiar in some way...and not necessarily a nice way. The unsettled mélange lasted for an hour or more, and I was beginning to feel that this was not going to be a good experience, when I smelled something much more familiar: Zinc and castor oil barrier cream. Well...that was unexpected.

After two and a half hours, a little of something spicy, or peppery, crept into the mix, together with a light dusting of powder and an open bottle of red wine. I had still noticed no iris at all and although this was proving an interesting journey through the stages, I was really there for the iris... Later still the fragrance had developed into a pleasant, slightly sweet, non gourmand vanilla with a little amber, perhaps, or incense, added. And no iris.

Plus seven hours, and the perfume I could still smell in the air around me was mainly that vanilla, with an underlying note which I did not like very much. I think that this was jasmine, as jasmine and I do not have a good history together. However, the drydown on my arm was much nicer, a gentle, slightly spicy vanilla.

This is a beautifully blended fragrance and it is also beautifully presented. If it suits one's skin type, I am sure that it works the magic it promises. Sadly, on my skin, it has not been happy and has never shown its beauty, or the shy iris it has been hiding. Longevity is good and the fragrance is still noticeable on skin after eight hours, and in the air around me certainly after seven hours. Projection is also above average and my husband was uncomfortably aware of my presence for much of the day. Vanille d'Iris will therefore not be joining the iris perfumes on my shelves.

ellen1159
ellen1159

I generally prefer female scents to unisex, so I am trying to be open-minded. On my wrist, I like the warm vanilla and amber/musk that isn't too heavy or cloying. Do I like the wood enough?

Q80
Q80

This one is one hot juice, the Iris in here is presented by Iris flower seeds and not the actual iris, and the vanilla is quite quality with slight apple crisp and vanilla ice cream. It's NOT cloying at all other than a tender calmness spread upon the iris seeds.
I didn't get that feeling when i first spray it but i got the feeling of naughtiness instead, and when it calmed down it went quite captivating. Nice creation.

rschmidt65
rschmidt65

This is an absolutely sublime scent. One that reminded me of perfume's possibilities as an art form. It colored my entire day with delicious wafts of gorgeousity. I have and wear five other OJ scents but this one might be the best of them all. An absolutely heart wrenching combination of lipstick iris and smoke.

One thing that is important to understand about this scent with regards to sillage and longevity is that it's an atmospheric scent, not a wrist sniffer. As with all OJs, less is more. I had only a tiny bit in a sample vial that a dear friend had sweetly decanted from her sample. After generous swiping, maybe equalling a full spray, I enjoyed it's presence all day. Then, two days later, I wore the same sweater and I swear not only did the sweater leave enough on my wrists that I continued to smell it even after I took it off, but it was only then that I think I experienced the full beauty of the drydown.

The best way I can think of to describe this scent is that there are two parts. One is a beautifully rounded iris of the vintage lipstick variety. The other is a clean, dry smoke. At first, I kind of thought "Uh oh these two may not play well together." And at first they don't. It's back and forth with one popping up and then the other. Iris and incense aren't necessarily an obvious match and my doubts persisted for the first hour. But then something magic starts to happen and the rest of the scent progression is of the two gradually weaving themselves together more and more tightly like the protagonists in some kind of epic romance.

It isn't until two days later on my sweater that I could actually sniff and get the final merging of the two, a sweet, complicated iris incense, clean, bright and pure. And yet, I am certain that this is what the aura of the fragrance smelled like the whole time.

This one isn't just love, it's awe.

endge
endge

Got my sample today. 2 generous sprays on the wrists, 2 on the neck, let's go! It is what it says it is - vanilla and iris. The opening is identical to that of Chanel 28 La Pausa, very nice, warm, ambery and musky but it lasts less than 5 min, then vanilla is gone and it becomes iris+musk+amber, 20 min later just musk+amber, 1 h later just musk, the skin sent that's left after 1h 30 min can only be picked by a bloodhound. Will not buy, 28 La Pausa is better value for money.

Correction: Tried it on my pillow this time. Staying power is tremendous, 2 days on still there and pretty much the same without any development! Conclusion: does not work on my skin, should be applied on fabric. Might buy a FB after all!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Ormonde Jayne Vanille d'Iris, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Vanille d'Iris by Ormonde Jayne. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Vanille d'Iris by Ormonde Jayne represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.