Designers » N-Q » Oriental Floral « Groups

Olympea Paco Rabanne for women

salty
Olympea Paco Rabanne for women Videos
Olympea Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Olympea Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Olympea Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Olympea Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Olympea Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Olympea Paco Rabanne for women Pictures Olympea Paco Rabanne for women Pictures

Paco Rabanne launches a new feminine fragrance in August 2015 under the mythical name of Olympéa. Olympéa represents the equivalent of the masculine edition Invictus from 2013, inspired by the athletic spirit, competition and victory.

The concept is based on the idea of a modern Greek goddess and evokes strength, dynamism and conquests. The perfume is developed by Loc Dong and Anne Flipo. Its both salty and floral compositions is characterized as fresh oriental, opening with sparkling green mandarin, aquatic notes of water jasmine and fiery ginger lily, with salted vanilla in the heart. The base notes are sandalwood, cashmere and ambergris.

The face of the perfume is Brazilian model Luma Grothe. The bottle is shaped like a laurel crown, designed by Marc Ange. The fragrance is available as 30, 50 and 80 ml Eau de Parfum. Olympea was created by Loc Dong, Anne Flipo and Dominique Ropion.

Green Mandarin Water Jasmine Ginger flower

Ivanka Trump

Olympea Fragrance Reviews

bcars10
bcars10

After seeing this in a broken up gift set (a mini and lotion; the large spray is MIA) on clearance at Marshall's for about two months, first at $40 and then a week or so ago marked down to $12, I finally took the plunge and bought Olympea. I've probably had this in my hands ten times over the course of a couple of months. Yesterday, it even took me three trips to Marshall's to actually buy it!

I'm so glad I did! My daughter and I slathered the lotion on as soon as we got to the car, and it is delicious! I don't consider this a true gourmand, but it has a yummy vanilla note. I admit that I was concerned about the "salty" note, and that's why I didn't buy it for so long. The saltiness is more pronounced while far away from the nose. I think it's there just to kind of keep this fragrance from being to "friendly." It's not crazy and weird, but it does have some bite, I think due to the salty note. It has a fruity hit at the beginning, but then that dies down. It's mostly a beautiful powdery-woodsy vanilla on me. Very elegant; it could become a classic. It reminds me a lot of Ivanka Trump's perfume, but that one is a bit fruitier.

I love this Olympea! I'm so glad I bought it...it is going straight to my top shelf! Twelve bucks was a great deal to find such a keeper.

AirHale
AirHale

I'm all about longevity. I was testing some fragrances yesterday morning and saw the elegant bottle so I sprayed it on my sweater. I kept on smelling it the whole day and even today it is going strong! Wow that salt note is delicious mixed with vanilla and sandalwood. And not to brag or anything but I am super lucky. Today I stopped at a store and thought about Olympea (still on my sweater) but I have never seen it anywhere else other than Macy's. I went to check the perfume section but nothing. I grabbed something else to decorate my room and there was another short shelf close to the registers and I could not believe my eyes. Not only the Olympia but a full bottle gift set. My counselor at the bank will slap me but oh well.

kosma
kosma

Wonderful combination of vanilla, citrus notes and salt. I am totally in love with this fragrance!

GGLiCious
GGLiCious

This fragrance is gorgeous & beautiful but I think Olympéa is just a fresher/sparkling/wearable version of Lady Million. It is fresh but not in an aquatic way, it's just the salty notes that gives it's freshness + the jasmine. Less sweet than Lady Million & both shares the same sharpness blooming jasmine. I think I like this more just because it's wearable & likeable. I might be 'love' this scent. And it's even smell more similar when it starts to dry down. I like Lady Million too but it's too sweet & too heady for my taste... I really love the opening burst of Olympéa & Lady Million (but love Olympéa's more). But unfortunately it's just about maybe in 30sec. I just hope it stays more longer. I think Olympéa has more versatile, it could be wear to work or casual or even going out for any event. Not for a dates i think but it's really smell feminine & sexy. Spring & summer the best, might be good for fall too. It's a strong & heavy scent, so 2 or 3 sprays a more than enough & it stays from am to pm for sure. The salt note really give the character to the scent, it really helps balanced the vanilla & jasmine so that's why I like this fragrance because usually I don't really like vanilla & jasmine in perfumes. I will keep repurchase this as long as it's still available. But make sure don't blind buy this even though you are vanilla lover, just test it out first.

DorothyCassidy
DorothyCassidy

Well, I like it. I think this one is going to divide opinion judging by the amount of "dislikes" it's already received here.

It's strange though because I find it completely inoffensive, and the longer I wore it, the more I liked it.

I saw this on Fragrantica a few months ago and got a sample to test it because I tend to enjoy Paco Rabanne's female fragrances (especially Black XS). I saw it a few days ago and had to have a spritz - on me it's pure vanilla. The sandal wood and other woody base notes remind me of the beach. For people who want a beachy vibe but don't enjoy aquatics like Cool Water, this might be worth a shot.

_christine_
_christine_

The top is a bit sharp, but the dry down is immediately appreciable and then it's a very strong, sweet jasmine. It's simple, and quite juvenile, through the middle. The bottom notes are lovely, vanilla, wood and Ambroxan.

This is one that needs a very light touch. It's lovely when delicately sprayed.

LadyIva
LadyIva

Very often I would walk past women in the streets doused head to toe in this incredibly sweet, fruity-vanillic fragrance, but until today I didin't know what scent that was. I thought it had to be one of the countless LVEB flankers, but today I discovered, via a tester in a glossy mag, that it's Olympea. No offense to those who enjoy it, but my stomach always does a somersault when confronted with this scent. It's one of the most unpleasant sugary fragrances I have ever smelled. It's like a mutant child of Beyonce Heat and Cacharel Eden.

contact.2
contact.2

I requested a free sample of this along with a couple of other fragrances through my local Sephora store. This has by far exceeded my expectations and become my favorite fragrance. I was originally leaning towards Michael Kors Midnight Shimmer but Olympéa has won my heart and nose. I have since bought a 1.7 oz bottle. It is like having two perfumes in one. Olympéa starts out as a beautiful, youthful, and citrusy floral with an undercurrent of vanilla but then dries down to a more mature, sexy, and sophisticated gourmand similar to Midnight Shimmer. Unlike Midnight Shimmer, Olympéa is not overpowering but is strong enough to last most of the day and into the evening. If I put it on in the morning before work, I can still smell it in the evening when I get home.

kellirae
kellirae

Where do I begin?? It was love at first sniff... So complex and unlike any others on my skin and to my nose. It's unique and the notes meld into a sweet, powdery amber and a couple floral notes in there, but not much. My skin loves gourmands, it's like it craves them. A perfume can smell like flowers on someone else, but on me the gourmand notes are very prominent. I even smell caramel on me with this.
Silliage is amazing and I get many compliments. Men in stores opening doors for me and even asking what I am wearing. I almost don't want to tell my little secret. I want to keep it all to myself ; )

WildDove
WildDove

Olympea gives me an impression fruity sweetness with aquatic green notes. Reminds me of the fresh humid air and greens in a flower shop.

Andreab969
Andreab969

Oh dear! First I was binging because it was the holidays, then the New Year; this week's excuse is Valentine's Day! A newbie to collecting and analyzing frags, I've always loved perfume. & now I know another reason God gave us 2 arms... so one can test run TWO frags at once! I won't say what the other arms is lavished with but my Olympea arm is beautiful! It's a highly underrated frag, and the drydown is to die for. Exquisite! I'm learning to distinguish notes and Olympea's "salt" is coming out to me but subtly and pleasantly. So I've learned to identify a new note - salt - YAY. It's a warm loving concoction worthy of top shelf placement. The bottle is MUCH prettier and a bit different thand the picture here, also. It's a wonderful fragrance, from first spray, lovely middle notes, through dry down. Five stars for Olympea!

amoranda
amoranda

There is something a bit eighties to me about this scent. I do like it and purchased a bottle but swiftly took it back after a few hours. Nothing wrong with it other than it just underwhelmed me. It's sweet and powdery but .. can't find the words.. meh.. but not in a negative way more ambivalent sweetness..

orpailleur
orpailleur

The vanilla notes clearly dominate the scene throughout the show, and somewhat amplify jasmine and ambergris.
I tried to see if some other, more discrete floral frags could gather more strength spraying them on my skin after Olympea, just because of the dominating vanilla: they don't.
Is it the salt?
Anyway, this is a quite original stand alone frag and I like it - congratulations to its creators !

LizH15
LizH15

I don't know what it is about this perfume but it's sooo individual, so confident soooooo yummy. That vanilla and salt !! YES ! With the ambergris ! YES YES !! Gimme gimme gimme.

I had a bottle of this a while ago and gave it to my stepmother for some demented reason ! No idea what I was thinking.

My skin chemistry works excellent with it. So definitely try before you buy. I don't even care if I can smell it on every other woman haha it's worth it !
Personally it invokes some sort of memory, I don't know which one though, but my goodness, does it give me a good feeling.

This will literally last alll day/night. It will stay in the room once you have left it ! That to me is a mark of a great perfume. You don't just smell the shadow of the perfume after a few hours (5+) but the real thing ! I really think this doesn't get the recognition it deserves !
But I know for sure this one will forever live on as a classic.

cmagjo04
cmagjo04

Lovely strong scent! For me this is too strong for day wear, so I keep it for special occasions or a night out. I can see why it's so popular, it's very long lasting and stays strong for hours. Nice and sweet on my skin, it smells heavily of strawberries and vanilla. A summer favourite.

FrkFors

Ginger lily: "Their fragrance intensifies as evening approaches and it is reminiscent of gardenias."

I got this today, and I love it! It smells both aquatic, warm and sweet! I feel very comforted by it. Don't be afraid of the salt note, it's like a fresh, gentle seabreeze in the summer. Mix that with woods, vanilla, flowers and green mandarin, and it's just lovely and feminine! Inoffensive and great for everyday use, both summer and winter, I think.

mutintabailey
mutintabailey

I love it, clean fresh and just simplistic and feminine
It smells floral and musky a really fresh but clean smelling scent
A very feminine clean scent.

Tosia
Tosia

This is quickly becoming my signature scent. This fragrance was one of those 'love at first smell' moments, and I have been walking around smelling oh so powerful ever since. The vanilla isn't boring and creamy like it so often is, but instead there is something intoxicating and intriguing about it, almost as though it's contradicting its own delicacy (and I mean this in a very good way). In a way the saltiness also reminds me of the sea and the mediterranean.

To me, this is Venus stepping out of the ocean waiting to be admired.

thegreekone
thegreekone

Alien's little sister,Olympia.If they ever release a softer version of Alien,(eau de cologne or eau fraice)i am sure that it would smell identical to Olympea.Anyway,not very authentic inspiration,not a unique fragrance but smells divine.

Countrygurl
Countrygurl

I recently got a very good DUPE of this at Dollar tree . That smells very good. Its made by EAD ( in their "new" shaped bottle)Its called Omniscient. The box is peach colored. I really like this one. Great option for budget buyers. scent itself is creamy vanilla( without smelling like a cookie), and a lot of citrus. its a bright , sunny scent. Love it

fihe
fihe

This is not so much a review as it is a first impression, since I was just checking out some perfumes at my local Sephora and decided to try this one based on what I read about it on Fragrantica. Let me just say that while I like to smell a lot of perfumes while browsing, I will only spray a few on my skin, lest all of the smells get lost in each other. I would never buy a perfume the same day as when I try it on, since I need to let it "cook" and see how it reacts with my skin.

Two of the three top notes listed on Fragrantica are green mandarin and ginger flower, so I was expecting this to start out as a "fresh" fragrance with a bit of spice. However, I honestly regretted spraying it on myself at first (after all, my own two arms are prime real estate when trying on perfumes!), because it smelled JUST like my sample of Lady Million, also from Paco Rabanne. (While Lady Million does not smell bad to me, I really do not find it to be anything special.)

Oh! But give it 15-20 minutes and you get the creaminess of the vanilla and cashmere wood in the mid notes. Now, to be honest, I cheated and did not actually put this on unperfumed skin; I tried out several ho-hum Kate Spade and Tory Burch rollerballs on my skin about 20 minutes prior, then washed my arms in an attempt to wash off the scent. (It was effective, which may not be a good thing if I'm looking for a perfume to buy.) I couldn't smell any of them over Olympéa, just the sweet, creamy goodness with a little something "extra" that I can't put my finger on. Sillage is better than that of a lot of other perfumes I own, but then again, much of my collection is in fact made up of samples, especially from sampler sets of popular fragrances. I don't know if most perfumes in general nowadays are made to have low sillage, or if that's just what most people tend to prefer, but I want something that I don't have to put my nose to to smell, something that wows me, and THIS IS IT!

I see from the reviews here that people have compared it to Avon Far Away Infinity. While I haven't tried that, I do have a sample of the original Far Away, and I in fact do smell a bit of Far Away in Olympéa. Must be the common notes of jasmine, vanilla, and sandalwood.

I NEED THIS! /YOU/ NEED THIS!

ladyarizel
ladyarizel

At first it kind of smells like Playdough, in a good way. After 3 hours settles into a delicious vanilla and cashmere wood sweetness.

kbord777
kbord777

A wonderful fragrance!

I recently took my husband with me to fragrance shop, bless his heart lol. He was patient and smelled everything I presented to him on test strips. But he always came back to Olympea as the one he liked most. (I found it to be love at first sniff by the way)

Vanilla, salt and water jasmine were the most prominent notes, on the dry down some of the other notes come in to play, slightly powdery and a little sweeter. Great longevity and sillage. Delicious!

And? Anything that makes my husband say, "you smell yummy!" is a win in my book :o)

Breath fashion
Breath fashion

This perfume smells very much like cologne to me . Reminds me of one million for men

perfumeproblem777
perfumeproblem777

All I smell is salt and aquatic notes. It's super fresh and beachy, but that salt note does not jive with me. I'd rather spend money on something else. I can still smell it after about 5 hours. Initial spray was very strong.

Chynadoll09
Chynadoll09

This is like luxury in a bottle. This is the first perfume that I have just fell in love at first spray in a long time. Every time I wear this I get so many compliments from men and women. There aren't enough good things I can say about this perfume. You will not be disappointed!

heltorn
heltorn

It was difficult one to put into a category. I don't like it, but I either cannot say I dislike it. I am neutral about it. The smell is sweet, safe, vanilla powder but not overpowering. Unlike ad and promotion pictures, i think it's for a good smell for a mature lady rather under 30 one and this one is definitely for colder weather.

MaryAddiction
MaryAddiction

When I first bought this in the spring I absolutely loved it. Thought it was sweet but with a bit of freshness. Then all of a sudden I didn't like it, thought it was cloying and stopped wearing it till I gave it another try this winter. I was absolutely sure that it smelled better in the summer, but it smells better in the winter to me now. I am still not a big fan of it, something about it kind of bothers me. It has this sharp note that ruins it for me. I can definitely smell the salt, vanilla and ambergris, which I think is what bothers me, or maybe just a mixture of notes, who knows.
Overall it is a nice fragrance, I haven't smelled anything like it before. I will try it again some other time and see how I feel about it.
Someone said that she felt like it was too sweet for someone in her 30's. I think this is a matter of taste and how sweet you like your perfumes. I don't think it's overly sweet at all. It's one of those perfumes that I imagine all ages wearing including mature women and not only younger girls in their 20s.

stella-00
stella-00

Artsyrn, eau des mervilles???? EAU DES MERVILLES???!!! you must be kidding me. nothing, absolutelly nothing from EDM in the perfume under the review.

Very cloying disapointing generic stuff.At the beginning, first 10 min, reminds me of one of my 16 y o son perfumes, - so very strong masculine pronounced note.

NO NO NO. don t waste money.

new bottle up for swap

bottle swapped!

CeeLeeBee
CeeLeeBee

Literally every note in Olympea is one of my favorites, so I was expecting to fall head over heels for it. When I sprayed it on myself, I liked it, but I felt it smelled too sweet - like something I would have worn in my 20s when I was hitting the bar scene hard, but now that I'm in my 30s it seems a little... much. HOWEVER, I sprayed it in the morning when I was still in my bathrobe. The three mornings since then, I've gotten this strong whiff of Olympea coming from my bathrobe, and I have to confess: I love it! It IS too sweet, and too obvious, and too flirtatious, but I still can't get enough. It smells like the remnants of a night of debauchery, like smelling it on my bathrobe should come with hazy memories of a half forgotten night. The salt combined with the sweet vanilla, jasmine, and mandarine, smells just a tiny bit sweaty - like sweet perfume after a night of dancing.

I'm happily married with a good job and a baby on the way, but Olympea makes me feel like I've just made some bad decisions. It's not a "new classic," or "refined," or "mature," but it is a lot of fun!

artsyrn
artsyrn

So this is a new accusation for me and I find this quite unusual, except for maybe remembering some salty notes in
Agent Provavateur and Eau Des Mervilles... They do not smell at all alike.
Olympea is exceedingly sweet and very aggressive when initially applied. I need to to point out that my choice in perfumes do not gravitate toward vanilla based scents, or for that matter, aquatics. This scent seems to have both elements in it,somehow done in a beautifully wearable fashion for my chemistry.
The heart and dry down I find is pretty, long lasting and intimate, becoming a soft- woodsy- vanilla skin affair, with still a hint of that glorious salty bit.
Maybe it is the salt note that excites me so much, I think. I live near beaches, and this does truly smell like that kind of salt water aroma.

lulu169

this is a very very modern perfume, no comparision with older styles, this is the Epitome of modern scent!

socorrosouza

I dont think Olympea resemble any older perfume, I wish!!!! In the 90s there was nothinh that vanillary, vanilla was strictly background (except for Joop le Bain, but Joop was always a freak)(in the 60/70s/80s it is even more ridiculous).There are some perfumes that resemble Olympea but they are quite current (Far Away Infinity for me is very alike, minus salt note). To say that Olympea is old fashioned is kind of demeaning it, to say you didn't like it without saying.I have seen Fantasy decried as an " old woman scent" and now it is Olympea's turn.
Unlike Soofyia Olympea on my skin lasts 7 hours plus on me with heavy sillage for 3 hours and I don't feel the salty notes so I am left with the vanillary/jasmine goodness and I quite like it.

bookishbeauty
bookishbeauty

This really does smell like several old 1990s favorites. Avon Far Away, Wild Heart, maybe even Coty Vanilla Fields. Blast from the past for sure. It has strong sillage and lasts a long time on skin. If you liked those older perfumes, give this one a try!

Soofiya
Soofiya

Anything with dominant vanilla grabbes my attention,I usually like combination of vanilla,jasmine and woods,throw in a little ginger and orange and this sounds amazing for me,so olympea was always in my blindbuy list
Recently I promised myself to control my addiction to perfume buying and put some limitations on my purchases specially blindbuys so I decided to buy a sample of olymea first
I hate it's opening and initial minutes.salt ruins it for me and it's easily detectable,like the salt note of Womanity TM,ugh.it's a combination of sweet creamy vanilla-jasmine and watery saltyness
After half an hour I can pick up some mandarin orange,a noticeably fresh one and a hint of ginger adding a refreshing,bright undertone to vanilla-jasmine combo and there's just a hint of salt,not really bothering but I still wish it wasn't there at all(although I know it's the only factor that gives character to this fragrance)
Salt fades more as time passes and I can detect some woody notes trying to make olymea warmer and rich but actually there's still big amount of orange freshness there,so it remains a warm weather perfume,at least for me
I'm not a citrus fan but honestly I enjoy it here.there are rare summery vanilla scents and this one would be great even in very hot days as it's wearable year round.longevity and sillage are moderate
I can't make my final decision about olymea,I love it's drydown as much as I hate it's opening
Gonna try it more and decide on buying a bottle or not for summer
By the way unfortunately I dislike it's bottle.however I like it's shape I think it looks cheap in person

Lucyana
Lucyana

IMO this is very similar to CK Reveal. I would say like 90% the same. I have Olympea and wanted to buy Reveal, but side by side they are almost the same so I will no longer have to buy Reveal. This two have some notes in common, especialy salt,ginger, cashmere, sandalwood.I like them both very much, but If You have one of those, You won't need the other.

rougenoirmakeup
rougenoirmakeup

This is a bit of a basic bitch of a fragrance, but I love it regardless.

It's a true, mouth-watering gourmand; people always tell me I smell nice (even edible) when I'm wearing this one. I detect salty vanilla and water jasmine from this, just as promised. It lasts for a long time, up to 8+ hours. I wore this in the summer because the saltiness and floral notes make it suitable for summer, but it also suits winter perfectly being the sweet vanilla it is. I have absolutely no complaints - this may not be the most unique one out there, but it's delicious and reliable.

jlfears
jlfears

48 hours.

48 hours later (which included a scrub with dish soap and baking soda, a shower, a night out dancing, a sleep, and then round 2), it was still on my wrists. On my perfume-eating wrists.

So of course I can't stand it.

When I saw it had ginger lily in the notes, I had high hopes. I was thinking "I love ginger!" "I love lily!"

Welp, this isn't lily or ginger (which I'm sure 99% of you know, but I'm making sure everyone knows), but ginger lily...which is super aquatic, like water lily.

The vanilla is strong. The salt is stronger. The combination made me nauseated.

I'm assuming the ambergris base ~ along with the salty and aquatic vanilla combo ~ is what makes this stay on forever. It's probably also why I hate it. I love salty notes, and vanilla. I don't usually wear ambergris well but appreciate it (and LOVE it in Angelique Encens). But here, here, it does not work.

I am leaving now. I feel like there aren't enough bad words in the English language to describe how this smelled to me.

(I'm not normally quite so negative, with the exception of MMM Untitled AKA bong water.)

I might actually see if I can get my friend to spray herself. It really might just be me, but man, this was one off-putting scent that just kept going and going and going.

velvetrose23
velvetrose23

The reviews on Olympea are Olympic,lol. I want so bad to love this perfume! I have tried this perfume countless times when I go to the fragrance counter. But every time I am let down by the longveity. It just doesn't last very long on me. Maybe four hours, if I'm lucky. It starts out sweet and strong smelling on my skin for the first hour. Then is quickly dies in the second hour. I also don't get any of the salty note. I get sweet,and more sweet and then the fragrance dies on my skin. So far I haven't been able to commit to buying,because of the longevity. But that may be just my skin chemistry at work. Overall I think it's a lovely smelling fragrance,nothing ground breaking. But very pleasant to the nose. Could be a little heavy,if you apply more than 2 sprays. I advise to go try it out. You may love it!

Andie68
Andie68

I love, love, love this! It's beautiful, long lasting and soooo fantastic. I tested this in store a couple of weeks ago but it was a bit out of my price range at the time, but it's in a pre Christmas sale at £40 for 50ml so I just had to have it. I found myself obsessing about it, it's my new Winter signature scent now. Go try it, if you can, the testers at Boots are always empty, it's so popular, love at first sniff. Stunning, gorgeous, amazing, I could go on and on...I just adore it so much. I think you've guessed that though

lollipopsneeze
lollipopsneeze

If this is out of your price range, Ari Grande's perfume is so similar it's almost ridiculous. They both remind me of My Insolence by Guerlain so much I can't bring myself to buy either.

jellybeantree

This lasted 8 hours on me and at the 8th hour my girlfriend said 'O-h you smell so good , just got a whiff of your fragrance ! ' I was half a meter away ! This is definitely a winner on me . What a surprise ! This one is a love or hate perfume ,you either love it or loath it, I LOVE IT !

molliedollie
molliedollie

Bear with me - I felt like this was a lovechild of the newest Zadig & Voltaire (This is Her!) and Elixir des Merveilles. The salty, warm, sweet drydown reminds me intensely of EdM, whereas the first few minutes in particular, followed by the next hour or two, didn't clash at all with the spritz of Z&G on my other wrist. It was, in fact, almost identical.

I may actually have to acquire both scents. (Elixir des Merveilles only lasts for twenty minutes on my skin, alas.)

Ariana.b
Ariana.b

Olympea is one of those perfumes that warms a little the colder days of winter. I find it impressive, with a huge sillage and longevity. The vanilla is present from the beginning, so this is for sure a very sweet perfume, but the ginger and jasmine accords make it a little softer and even sensual. Also the salty note saves it from not going too far with the gourmand-sweet accents, making it be suitable even for hot summer nights at the seaside.

For now Olympea accompanies me at -5°C, on a very fluffy scarf, pleasing my senses at every waft.

slavka.filipova
slavka.filipova

Pretty powdery, comforting vanilla scent. Very warm, soft and strong in the same time, light and sweet, oriental scent. When i tried this for first time i thought i will not like it but on my skin i just loved it, it lasted on my wrist for hours and hours even after shower. I got it yesterday and now Olympea is part of my collection. Really lovely scent, i even regret i didn't get the full size bottle. I think i even need a backup of this one, love it!!!

Centsless
Centsless

Pretty floral vanilla, the salty note is there but subtle. This scent reminds me of Just Cavalli by Roberto Cavalli and has a beachy vibe going on. Interesting mix of notes.

Tintin Parfumeur
Tintin Parfumeur

parfum qui sent le vinaigre !!!

Sailor Pluto
Sailor Pluto

I tried this on skin today thinking it would be salty but all I got was sweet heavy perfume. Vanilla, jasmine and something perfumey, similar to the perfumey accord in Lady Million. This is not a fresh frag.

*_Lilly_*
*_Lilly_*

I smelled this today (on paper strip) and could smell SALT right away or was it Ambergris? The vanilla I did not really get but it was a sweet like scent. Pretty and I liked it. Wonder what it would be like on my skin... I did not buy but next time I am in Sephora (today I was in Ulta) I am getting a sample :)

pansylady
pansylady

Soft, deep and lovely- vanilla gourmands are not my usual fragrance genre, but even so, I found this enchanting--

I smell honey, don't you??

scain54

I just came home with a FB of this. OMG, I love it! That salty note in there is delicious. Salted vanilla (but not caramel), with gentle musk and flowers. And that woody base. I am in love!! I can't stop sniffing my wrist, it is so gorgeous, yet calming, this is my new frag to sleep in. Woo-hoo, I'm so happy, I really needed to treat myself today, and oh boy! Talk about a big smile!

dyaver
dyaver

It's a very warm, comforting, oriental fragrance with a salty twist, which definitely makes it stand out. I'm actually surprised how much I like it. It's not an ordinary perfume. It's intriguing and quite addictive.

BridgeLouise
BridgeLouise

On the tester paper it smelt like bubblegum...I sprayed a healthy dose of this on this morning for the first time and it has a sweet kick to it. The fresh juicy burst of mandarins combined with the spicy ginger note translates into something that smells kind of like a Grape lollipop?!? Or those non-alcoholic champagnes that taste like fizzy grape juice...
So yummy. At the same time though it also reminded me of a couple of generic perfumes from my past. I was torn on feeling insane love or... just bleh...
In the first thirty minutes, I picked up the saltiness - It had a slight Acqua di Gio vibe. It settles down into a softer, fruity slightly floral scent that has a milky creaminess to it with traces of Vanilla. I can still smell a grape tinge which somehow separates it from the rest of the department store babies and makes it stand out in a good way.
I like it alot... Do I like it enough to buy it? Not sure yet. I'll need to test this out a while longer. I have a feeling though, that its going to be a compliment magnet. This is a great summer scent I think - Especially on a warm summer night...

chasingbutterflies
chasingbutterflies

Powdery, lightly sweet and very nice. I just feel like it is very ''perfumey'' and quite generic. I almost felt like I had smelled this one a million times in different bottles.

Glamazzin869
Glamazzin869

This was a disappointment the scent is great.I can definitely smell the salt strong salt not bad at all it pairs well with the vanilla it smells beachy. The disappointment is that it doesn't last 30 mins on me. I really wanted to return it but I already put a dent in it and that would be tacky.

AllieJ
AllieJ

I wanted so badly to love this, but its going to get given away. The notes are accurate, and it smells wonderful - just not on me. The aquatic, watery note in it goes sour on my skin :( just as it does in Maison Margiela Beach Walk, Issey Miyake, a handful of others. I wish I knew what chemical it was that goes sour on me within 3 minutes, but obviously they aren't exactly listed. Anyone else with similar problems beware! I should have gotten a sample first.

Lafierita
Lafierita

Oh my goodness. I could see this becoming a signature scent for me. I love it.

Ok- maybe I'm jumping to conclusions a bit too quickly here. I was wearing Feerie for its first test run while out running errands and had no intentions of sampling anything else, but who am I kidding, I went to the mall with the one high end department store that has any perfume selection around here. And since I really couldn't smell the Feerie anymore I figured I'd give this delightful baby a shot since the spritz on paper was amazing. The bottle alone is gorgeous. Rose gold!

I haven't been into anything fresh/marine/aquatic for a long time, but this is amazing. The salty/marine notes remind me a little of beach walk by Maison Martin Margiela.

I'm going to have to get at least a sample of this one to test again asap.

Update: again I was out and this time wearing O by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, which I figured would mix well with this since it's got some of the same notes (Amber and vanilla). I was right and this time I got a sample. If I love it by the end of the same as much as I do right now I'll get the big bottle.

frag_lover
frag_lover

When I smell this on a girl I go crazy. sexy and inviting.

lonn3k3
lonn3k3

This one is indeed, as its notes say, sweet and salty at the same time. It's a safe buy if you want something most people would be fond of and would get you compliments.
I have a 5 ml miniature of it and after i finish it, i doubt i will get a full bottle as i grew tired of sweet scents and though i do find that it's in the same category as LVEB, Si, La Nuit Tresor, Manifesto, it's just not as good as those ones. 7/10

esteban747
esteban747

A vanilla enveloped in sandalwood and ambergris. The opening is quite boring, nothing remarkable. But the middle and especially the dry down is much better, sweet, creamy and velvety.
The fragrance is described as a ' fresh oriental'. I personally don't smell the salt, by the reviews I must be the only one. Anyways, I find Olympea a very attractive perfume. If you want to try a oriental without going Opium, then this is a good fragrance to start.

arwa hussein
arwa hussein

soft sexy perfume on my skin i get vanilla floral woody powdery scent really elegant and feminine.
i recommend this perfume strongly

FrkFors

A lady who just had a bath in the ocean. She is now sitting on her towel on the beach, wich is surrounded by a tropical forest. The bright sun is warming up her suntan lotion and seawater covered skin.

This is the scenery that pops up in my mind when smelling this perfume. A beachy, sunny, warm, "summery" smell. Really lovely fragrance that would be absolutely perfect for summer, but could be used in colder seasons, too :)

AshesM
AshesM

The first thing that popped in my mind was 'saltwater taffy'! I get a beachy vibe, but not a lush tropical vibe, like there's a palm and evergreen forest right off the beach, but more a colder temperate beach. With a slight commercial vibe with cotton candy machines, striped cabanas, and a beautiful blonde girl wearing a striped sundress, a straw hat and acetate sunnies. It's a delicious perfume, but the salt aspect makes it not quite gourmand. On me anyway the vanilla is quite muted. Don't get much of the jasmine either. On me it's a hit of gingery Mandarin with a hint of salt that is quite spicy (from the ginger) in the mid with hints of ambergris that fades into a soothing warm ambergris skin scent. The lasting power is really good and it stays well for the first few hours, but the skin scent stays on till the next day! This is a modern kinda perfume, not nostalgic or traditional in any way whatsoever. It's feminine, but in a modern young girl kinda way. I imagine a young preppy sort of girl wearing it. I'm about as preppy as a moon rock but boy does it transport me to the east coast of the usa.

zoranna
zoranna

I tried this quite a few times over the summer and concluded that this is a new release that swims against the tide (sea pun intended!). I get a harmonious and sophisticated scent that isn't like anything else on the market - I don't find it a generic crowd pleaser and there are some tricky notes in the composition - I am not surprised to see wildly differing opinions. I am baffled there are comparisons to such a range of other perfumes. On me there is something classic about it and I thought that this one would become appreciated over time - something of a timeless classic. Then I doubt my own nose! At the end of the day I suppose it doesn't matter - there's something uplifting and beachy about it that I don't get from tropical scents, or even Bobbi Brown, but closer to the summer joy when I wear Creed Milliseme Imperial. On me it's a bit of a sillage monster so when I tried the lighter 'Acqua' verson my joy was complete.

shauna.parra
shauna.parra

The bottle is so pretty but the scent inside of it is just as pretty. I have the gift set with the perfume the body lotion and a travel size spray.

This is definitely for travel alright. It smells like a sweet salty sea breeze, like being right on the shore with the waves making splashes on your bare feet. This is a perfume of feminine skin warmed up by the sun and creamy with sun tan lotion. It reminds me of scents like Bronze Goddess by Estee Lauder and Womanity by Thierry Mugler.

It's aquatic and sweet. The ginger note really stands out on me as does the salt, but it's a sweet salt, like the salty sea air. A jasmine very silky and sweet emerges out of the watery notes. This is pretty light so I have to keep reapplying it but it smells so nice!

I recommend this if you like light textured perfumes without having to make a statement, skin scents, and perfume to wear to the beach. It's sweet and unmistakably feminine with every thing that smells of woman's skin. I don't think it's that sexy but it does have a sensuality to it. I also find it easy to wear and laid back, soothing, and relaxing, even perfect to wear with lingerie to bed. I scent my pillows with this perfume and wear this to bed hoping to dream of being out on a yacht sailing around the world.

This perfume matches up with that old song

By The Sea By The Sea By The Beautiful Sea, you and me, oh how happy we'll be, when each wave comes rolling in we'll duck or swim and we'll float and fool around the water over and under and then up for air, ma is rich pa is rich but oh what do we care!

polkadot27
polkadot27

I don't know but to me this just has a generic perfume smell. Like when you go into debenhams or boots etc this is the smell this is the generic smell of the perfume counter. It's not bad it just smells of perfume to me, to me it is a soft vanilla predominant white floral. I get no salt whatsoever with this one, rather I get an oakmoss instead. I don't know what to say about this, it's not original it doesn't smell of anything distinctive and it didn't blow me away. There's nothing bad about the scent, it's just painfully boring and lacks any sort of originality. I hate the bottle... It looks like a pound land perfume bottle to me.

ms.serenity
ms.serenity

It's amazing how most people call this sweet because on me, it's nothing but florals on a rainy day for the first couple of hours. The initial spray makes me think of a young woman lounging by the lake while sniffing jasmine flowers. It isn't until the dry down (which takes forever) that I begin to detect this very salty vanilla scent that's more airy than cake batter-ish. Olympea is a very delicate yet unique fragrance. It's one of those perfumes that's going to do something different depending on the person wearing it. I quite like it.

Also, I would definitely recommend this for spring/summer. Whenever I step outside, the fresh air mixed with Olympea's aquatic, floral (and later salty vanilla) notes makes for a luscious combo!

redskyatnight
redskyatnight

Have you ever gotten hit in the face with a wave? Your nose fills with saltwater, your sinuses clear, and your nasal passages tingle a little bit? That's this feeling in a bottle. I'm reliving every salt-washed wipeout with a sniff of my wrist. Without losing my bikini top, thank goodness.

Seriously though, it's a lovely perfume. I always thought that if Yankee Candle's Pink Sands (strawberry and salt) came in a perfume, I'd love to have it. This comes pretty close. I get mostly a crowd-pleasing, subtle fruit with lots of salt and a talc-powdery-like finish. I'm not usually a fan of powder but it's doable here. I have a high tolerance for spice and gourmand scents, so the vanilla and ginger barely register for me. I really wish I could pick up on those more.

This seems like a pretty good year-round scent for a variety of occasions. Particularly for summer, as it's fresh and light. The longevity and sillage are both excellent (one spritz was more than enough for me). Great creativity in creating a bottle and scent that are reminiscent of common themes in Greek mythology: feminine mystique, natural beauty, and the sea (up close and personal! Nose is still tingling...).

Edit: I want to like this so much, but after a couple days of wearing it, I'm getting a little headache. Beware if you know anyone who is sensitive to perfumes. I might try layering it to round it out more (it's soooo powdery on my chemistry, not very gourmand at all).

scain54

Very nice! Similar in respect to CK Reveal, but sweeter, though not overly so. Creamy jasmine vanilla, and the salt makes it just Heavenly. Bought a sample, going to get FB. Good longevity, moderate sillage. Not too powdery, and the woods in the dry down are beautiful. This is a comfort scent to me.

aqua76239
aqua76239

I sampled Olympea several times because I couldn't quite decide if I liked it or not. And the verdict is -not.

This gets your with brief citrusy note but then its all about jasmine. I don't really see that salt vanilla note-my nose doesn't smell anything remotely resembling it.
However, what it does smell like is Alien-Olympea is his younger, less brash, less in your face, less heady, cooler, more watery sister.
So for those who like Alien but feel its too much, try Olympea.
I think its a nice scent, just not for me

Mybeautyfrog
Mybeautyfrog

As a new perfume lover, my nose is not well trained yet. I was given a sample of Olympea and liked but didn't buy it.
It also lasts quite well on my skin.
Afterwards I had the chance to test Eau des Merveilles Hermes, didn't like it for the first 2-3 days and then, one morning I became addicted.
Today I sprayed Olympea again and, if not from the very opening, it reminded me a lot of EdM. It is more sweet and less complex, but my memory brought EdM out at some point and now I cannot cut the connection out.
But again, my nose is not trained yet. and it might never become either.
I think I would go for the EdM as it has more depth on my skin. And i just adore to roll my nose in the pillow when i smell that one!

Skayalily
Skayalily

I experience this as a generic caramel vanilla. I know this isn't the popular opinion and Olympea is very much a scent of the moment. My skin absolutely devours salt, though; I love it as a note, but there isn't enough here to balance my chemistry. And all that's left on me is a "sweeter than I like" vanilla. It has a light moderate projection and fades quickly on my skin.

janeofdoe
janeofdoe

Whit...you are my perfume go to person when it comes to reviews! Lol! Always spot on!

I have to say, I tried this one and at first, I thought. ...hmmm....I don't know...and after about 5 mins, it really settled and I think it's beautiful and juuusssttttt different enough. I will be buying a bottle, myself....one spray on my hand, and I hit myself with a trail of scent all day long. I didn't expect it to last. I'm not exactly sure why. Great scent :)

Kohla1
Kohla1

Delightful fragrance... That is until I sprayed it on my skin. On the card it was love at first sniff. A nice white floral vanilla with the saltiness that made it different. The moment I sprayed it on my skin I started coughing and getting a headache. It turns very harsh on skin and burns nose hairs. I don't know what makes it so harsh but I am so devastated.

Whit
Whit

When this perfumed was released, I thought "Uh oh, loads of salt? Eh, think I'll pass on trying it." And I did, until yesterday. I thought "What the hell!" and gave it a sniff. Well, on the tester paper, it smelled very nondescript and (bubble gummy?). So I went back and sprayed it on my wrist and then it blossomed.

The opening is salty, but sweet and I smelled the jasmine intermingling with the vanilla and salt. It actually reminds me of a salty, less gourmand version of Alien Absolu. I really wasn't sure I'd like it because I'm not a huge fan of salt in my perfumes, but it works in this one. The dry down is a sweet vanilla, but it's not cloying; it's more of a milky vanilla with an ambery hint.

With the notes in this, I can see it not working for some people. If you don't like jasmine, you may want to pass on it. This is one of those perfumes that you have to give it time to develop on the skin first. After an hour of sniffing it and letting it settle, I bought a bottle. Oh, and this stuff is tenacious too; I still smell it faintly on my wrist from where I sprayed it yesterday. I'd say longevity is around 12+ hours.

Riisssaaa
Riisssaaa

For me it's a very milky, strong jasmine, vanilla fragrance. The vanilla acts like a base or support and the jasmine takes the limelight. The combination becomes milky.

The scent is not unpleasant; in fact my description sounds lovely BUT! this is sweet -- ULTRA SWEET, piercingly sweet. At first I had the perfume in the 'loves,' then 'likes' and then to its resting place in 'dislikes'. The milky, pungent sweetness actually made me nauseous so I cannot wear this. (For a lover of 'sweet' that's quite a feat!)

I would only recommend buying this perfume for yourself and if you do be sure to try it in store. As a designer fragrance it should be easily available.

The scent persists even after a shower so use sparingly.

rihabi
rihabi

I bought this in 30ml bottle and how happy am I ? The moment I first smelled it , I couldn't resist it. It's sweet, light, and the salty note is making it a summer fragrance, because you can feel the salty sea's vibrations. At the beach, the air, the wind, the waves - that's the atmosphere I can feel. And the vanilla note to it. Amazing!

meow_83
meow_83

I imagine wearing Olympea at an opulent Greek resort on the sea. The salt represents the sea and soft summer fabrics in shades of blue, aqua, and white. The warmth of fruit and vanilla brings to mind sunkissed skin, an afternoon on a terrace spent savoring the best of Greek cuisine.

I am loving this fragrance in our Midwest summer. The salt is what makes an otherwise cozy scent work in the heat. Olympea is full and rich. Hands down it is the fragrance I'd take on a cruise. My daily life almost doesn't do it justice, but I might need a bottle anyway!

Jellybean
Jellybean

Beginning is lovely! Soft powdery lipstick 'n leather with vanilla and soft musk notes. Oh yes peach is there too. This reminds me of Tresor's younger sister. Then shortly after, sugarbomb overpowers everything. I do not notice any salt whatsoever. But there's ton of sugar, a bit cloying and musty with drydown. Ginger, sweet orange and patchouli notes looks like it. Might have something to do that I am wearing this in Southern California heat at this time of a year. I wonder if that cloying sweetness be toned down in cooler weather? I'll give it a try, since it has that little something-something I like. And it laaaaaasts all day. Usually I prefer to go for originals first made perfume in a line, this time it makes me want to check out other versions to see if it works better in my case.

MorganaLeFey
MorganaLeFey

It's sweet and flowery and then comes the salt, cutting through its armony like someone breaking a rule, saying something that could get them into trouble but it's still worth saying. I feel it's a modern scent, lovely but brave, young at heart. it's not something I loved at first smell, but later on I couldn't stop thinking about it, because it felt braver than others. I don't feel like it's appropriate to a particular season, but rather to a kind of character.

lydia.bradshaw
lydia.bradshaw

Wow this scent is just gorgeous! When I first spray I can smell the fresh citrus & salty notes and then it warms on your skin after a couple of hours and goes more vanilla but in a well balanced way, not sickly at all like other vanilla perfumes can be. The dry down is so yum, I can't stop sniffing my wrists after I've put it on! I've been getting comments on how nice I smell, even after 10 hours of wearing it. I can no longer smell it on myself but I think this is where the ambergris comes in working with your body/skin chemistry. Very clever mix and balance of ingredients. If you think you don't smell of it after a few hours or the perfumes vanished that is not the case. Other people will tell you otherwise.

rakan1985

too feminine for me
good vanilla fragrance

lauren67
lauren67

As others have mentioned this scent seems to depend on the skin chemistry. On me I get the vanilla, salty, sweet floral, but no jasmine, which is good because I hate jasmine. I also do not get much of the woody and absolutely no powder coming through.

I do get many compliments and it suits me well. A lovely scent, and I like that it is, on me, a vanilla that is not gourmand, and not an overly floral scent. It is just right. Pretty sure it is my new signature.

nitschevo
nitschevo

It seems that Olympea is a very body chemistry dependent perfume, love that! On me this was just weird, unfortunately. Fast forward sitting in a meeting with a colleague and being hit by a gorgeous powdery smell... On her this is a salty, jasmine infused vanilla (dry down, not sure about the whole experience from start to finish) that is like nothing I have ever smelled. Thumbs up, Paco Rabanne! Wouldn't mind smelling this more often :) And what a gorgeous bottle with a nod to the classic Shalimar (IMHO).

KATERINA LABROPOULOU
KATERINA LABROPOULOU

Indeed a wonderful perfume, quite unusual with the sweet and altogether salty vanilla combination. I tried this during summertime and is really great. It reminds me alot of Bvlgari Aqva divina since both share the salty experience. The perfume itself is longlasting, medium sillage but the bottle is gorgeous with red gold olive leaves decoration and first class glass. The whole idea brings my mind in ancient Greece where the Greek gods ruled in Mount Olympus and olive leaves where part of their decorations too. Really I was very very pleased with this perfume.

Jenavira
Jenavira

Ehh, if you have issues with jasmine then this will probably be problematic for you. Most definitely within the family of Thierry Mugler's Alien but less honey radioactive and more salty. If it works on you probably amazing but on me a total dud.

la Maga
la Maga

I´ve got a sample of this one. I currently have black xs and lady million edt which is amazing, sooo feminine. I will give my impression of this one. Paco Rabbane fragrances are the ones made to be loved especially by younger population (18-38). But this one has that cheap smell that can easily fool you, and you could think you actually like it, but there isn´t anything original in it and it´s to sweet and simple. I am very in love with sweet vanilla fragrances but not this one.

beachesnbreezes
beachesnbreezes

I have never had much of an interest in Pacco Rabbane fragragrances until I came across this scent.I kind of lost faith in mainstream perfumes due to them being reformulated and watered down but when I sprayed this on my skin I fell in love.First off I am obsessed with salt notes in perfumes.This starts off with a green mandarin note thats juicy and fresh but the ginger dominates the opening on my dry skin.This quickly turns to the sea salt vanilla note.The unique thing about this fragrance for me is the vanilla almost turns into a carmelized taffy note like salt water taffy on a sea side boardwalk and its utterly delicious!Its beachy but not in a tropical way more of a summer goddess type scent.I love floral orientals and gourmands and this is the best of both worlds.The dry down is warm and ambery but the salt keeps it fresh.Try this scent if you have dry skin like me.Orientals work really well on dry skin types.This would go well with a coconut body lotion like skin trip if you want to turn it into a hippy beachy vibe.I have to agree that this works best as a spring and summer scent.It would be a little harsh in really cold weather.I love this perfume the longevity is great and I find it rather unique.Fresh salty sweet and warm with carmel taffy undertones.A unique take on a beachy scent.Looking forward to trying the EDT!This is a gorgeous summer fragrance!5 stars from me!

Germany

This is becoming one of my favourites. I don't own any other Paco Rabanne perfumes , never liked them enough to purchase one. Never hated them but never loved them.
This is intriguing , different than most fragrances and I am becoming slowly addicted to it.

Starts of with a fresh burst of mandarins ,fresh juicy and succulent, accompanied with a rather spicy and sharp ginger note and some green ,sweet fresh Jasmine ,,,, fresh , green pungent but very pleasant as it all lays on a bed of cool salty but warm delicious vanilla .
Savoury at its best ! There is a similarity with womanity , the freshness ,the sweetness the Savory salty aspect ,,,but there is something here that womanity can't compete with ,,,, heavenly vanilla and warm woods as well as ambergris with its salty warm addictive smell.
The musky vibe of cashmere woods and the warm creamy sandalwood which is so enjoyable and addictive wins my heart over womanity !

picisziv
picisziv

Paco Rabanne's reply to Miss Dior, which was Dior's reply to Coco Mademoiselle. If you think about it, no wonder it's a huge success.
The newest generation of the typical feminine, warm floral. I guess they in perfumery stick with what works, nothing new under the sun, really.
If I had to pick mosts, Coco Mad is the classiest, Miss Dior is the most romantic and Olympéa is the most obnoxious.

msvrnon
msvrnon

I really despise paco rabanne fragrances HOWEVER IM IN LOVE WITH OLYMPEA!

when i first saw this i was ready to disregard completely because i really don't understand the hype around lady million and i don't think i ever will, so i didn't think the brand behind that could ever astound me. a colleague suggested i try so i gave it a spritz before work (in winter i might add) and i found it heady and i felt a bit dizzied by the jasmine but i loved the vanilla notes, i think i oversprayed and it doesn't perform as well in the cold...... fast forward to summer and i'd been gifted a bottle, and i got to experiment with the dosages so to speak... and oh my gosh!!

THIS FRAGRANCE WAS MADE FOR SUMMER! in the summer on my skin this smells like a salty jasmine sea breeze with a hint of vanilla that almost adds a coconut smell that a lot of people comment on, a lot of people say it smells like sun cream but i just think it smells like a beach surrounded by jasmine flowers, it smells like summer!

the saltiness stops it from being overly floral and at the same time makes it really addictive and mysteriously sexy, the sandalwood note too brings a bit more dimension and stops it feeling flat and over sweet like those victorias secret sprays that are crammed with vanilla and sweet flowers.

I cannot say it has similarities with LVEB like some suggest, i own that too and i love it but the two smell nothing alike on me apart from the vanilla? perhaps the salt is really amped up on my chemistry? LVEB is more mellow and woody on me with a kind of berry note that is present in a lot of lancome perfumes that gives them that strange nostalgic sweet shop undertone.

ANYWAYS... i usually struggle to find summer fragrances that don't go stale or sour on me, because i usually like heavy spicy vanillary winter scents that seem to go kind of cloying in the heat... i used to just not wear perfume in the heat but now this is my forever solution

Lybarra118
Lybarra118

I have been in love with Olympea since I smelled it in a magazine strip when it first came out. I agree that it smells like a mixture of many of the current perfumes on the market right now...to me it smells like Juicy Couture Hollywood Royal, but the salt note really makes Olympea stand above the rest. It's become my favorite, anyway.
The salt, while I don't smell salt per se, really does give much needed character, and also gives it a naturally sexy, confident vibe, in my opinion of course.

Initial spray is strong but it calms down fairly quickly. Longevity is great! It even stays on skin after a shower. Perfect for hot weather; I visualize glowing skin, minimal makeup, wavy hair, summery dress and sandals.

mlpalazzo
mlpalazzo

I really like this one, and that's no surprise....it reminds me of a few perfumes I already own and like, mixed together. It has the saltiness of Womanity, combined with the jasmine of Alien/Just Cavalli. Very pretty and nice for the summertime....but unfortunately it has almost zero strength and lasting power on my skin. Seriously, I have to put my wrist to my nose to smell it after an hour. I'm jealous of those who get projection and longevity with this one, because it is lovely.

socorrosouza

On me it is vanilla and jasmine, not even much salt, with great longevity and moderate to soft sillage. It has the same Far Away Infinity vanilla ( at least in summer) though a more "introverted" (FAI has a beachier vibe) scent and I don't find it resembles Alien, a comparison often made in Brazil. All in all I quite like it, but love FAI.

smokvica
smokvica

LVEB from the start till the end on my skin. And I like it a lot. Great sillage and pleasant smell. But I already have LVEB as my favorite.

aliciacb828
aliciacb828

I really like this fragrance, I love vanilla notes in perfumes but this one is different as it is balanced with salt. This, I find prevents it being sweet however when it's smelt immediately after smelling Invictus it smells much sweeter than it actually is.
The notes I can detect most on my skin are salt and vanilla. I can kind of smell the mandarin and in the dry down I can smell the Cashmere.
The dry down is a bit of a let down as on me it smells completely different to the rest of the perfume. To me it just does not match the top and middle notes and it smells like a completely different fragrance
It begins to smell just like Black XS L'exces in the dry down which is mildly disappointing that Paco Rabanne gave up with the base notes and made it smell like another one of their fragrances.
On the plus side however it takes a while to reach the basenotes and for the vanilla and salt to die down and it is a very unique fragrance in my opinion

genevieves
genevieves

It's similar to Aqva Divina, which is my preference. It has more character and is more unique.

Alisa90
Alisa90

This perfume is sweet and sophisticated! I simply love it!

Na0
Na0

And once again, Rabanne made a wonderful women counterpart of an awful men perfume.

What is wrong with you ?

AuroraFisherman
AuroraFisherman

If I had this perfume it would be my signature all summer!

I had a spritz at my wrist at the beauty store and I just fell in LOVE!
Olympea is soft, elegant and airy! Strong floral (i love the wather jasmine- it's so elegant!) and vanilla scent but not at all powdery- it feels fresh thanks to the salt.
Soft to moderate silage and the longlivety is high! Almost 18 hour later i could still notice the vanilla and salt.

Cams
Cams

I'm quite surprised by this fragrance! I bought it for my March break family trip to Cuba, although it is not light and airy. Amazingly this luscious and potent floral and woody beauty performed wonderfully - it floated around me in a sophisticated way despite the Holguin heat!

As it warms in Toronto I have worn nothing else - every morning I reach for a fresh fragrance, arguably more suited for the summer, and I find myself defering to this beautiful fragrance. I get compliments galore (which is always lovely ) but ultimately I feel so amazing when I wear it.

Magnificent!

mrin
mrin

I love this fragrance! This was a recent gift from my boyfriend and he perfectly know how to pick fragrance for me that suit my personality.

When i spray it, i can smell fresh white flowers (I love perfumes with white flowers) mixed with something fruity. Then the sweetness hits you with a hint of sea saltyness. It settles down into a sweet woodyness. It is slightly powdery but in a very good way.. Normally i stay away from powdery scents because they remind me of talcum powders But this one nothing like that. This is Clean-Powdery. I never had a perfume with salt in it... and i am loving this one! Combinations may appear odd at first sight... but it is soo complex and beautiful!

The perfume is so unique. It reminds of walking onto a beach .. The saltyness on my lips.. the warm sun yet the cool breeze... rough yet comferting sand at my feet...

I think this perfume is luxurious, alluring, enchanting, sexy and perfect for any age.. And everytime i smell it makes me want to have sex with myself !!

LipenschiSabina
LipenschiSabina

on my skin this is smelling exactly like lancome-la vie est belle.

littleprada
littleprada

I loved the reviews so much that i went to test this today, thinking it would be the ultimate summer-beach perfume. Today was quite a hot pre-summer day, so it would be the perfect weather to test its potential.

Oh god it smells terrible. I actually can't tell the ingredients apart, it's all such a mess. This is not light, not pleasant and definately not suited for summer. It smells awefully powdery and heavy, the kind of smell you get when you wear a heavy winter perfume on a hot day. It tingles my nose in a non-enjoyable way. I wanted to love this so much but I was extremely dissapointed by paco rabanne yet again.

In conclusion, if you want to buy this blindly -don't. Test it first on your skin, to see how it reacts with your chemistry.

Madrona
Madrona

It does remind me of that other vaguely salty beige scent, CK Reveal, but this is sweeter and easier to love. Very pleasant composition, this. It's the scent of a woman's skin with the volume turned up to 11, sort of like when you increase the saturation of a color in Photoshop to extremes. Very soft and becoming.

lulu169

God saves me, this is an addictive, adorable stuff! cant get enough of it, seriously!!

olga_adriana

i'll write a second review on this now that i'm wearing it in warmer weather. Firstly, it really is strong. The sillage is 6 ft + ... when i went back into my room maybe 5 hours later after spraying it (windows open!!) i could still catch whiffs of it emanating off the carpets or something. so the longevity is there too. The heat really brings the potency up a notch, and while I don't think it's a seasonal fragrance, I have slightly different interpretations in the cold and warm weather. I might even prefer wearing this in the warm weather actually because of the salty note. I find that note to be cold in the winter.

I think this perfume is very well blended. The salt is there. The vanilla is there. The floral and woody notes are there, but no one really jumps out at me. It's nicely done. I have found other Paco Rabanne fragrances (Black XS For Her and Lady Million) a little...gauche. Not that I don't enjoy them from time to time, but they aren't very sophisticated or elegant scents to my nose. Olympea could be. It's feminine in a more girly way than a womanly way.

I've received male compliments on this. Mostly because I think it's strong, rather than that it's especially outstanding. It is not totally generic, as others have said here. I would disagree with that. It is a little different. I think it's memorable, but I can see how some people would say it's generic because it's definitely not a polarizing scent. There's not much to dislike. But by the same token, it's not something super distinguished either. It is versatile, I'd wear it for casual or more formal occasions. Probably not for a job interview.

I can understand the comparison to Alien. Not that the notes are similar. The "vibe" is similar. Contemporary, heavy village, ultra feminine kind of scent. I do like it. I don't think I'd buy another bottle of it, but I'll definitely find occasions to wear it while I've got it!

prettyswag

I got a bottle of this and it's so lovely ! Beachy warm sexy sweet vanilla salted air....love! Great summer to fall scent. Soft with a summer kick but sexy n creamy warmth. Great on my caramel natural bronzed skin!

whitenette
whitenette

This is very interesting.
The vanilla and salt combination is fascinating. There's nothing that screams vanilla or salt, but somehow I can say definitively that the most prevalent note is the combination of the two. The vanilla isn't creamy nor is the salt crisp. There is a middle ground where the two have met. That being said, this combination isn't unique or some groundbreaking discovery.
The floral notes however, I feel disrupts the finesse of the vanilla salt. In particularly, the jasmine muddles up the composition by making it a little bit more feminine, but not sexy or coy. Rather, it projects an old fashioned homely sense of feeling. Reminds me of 18th century noblewoman having high tea in a pavilion. I feel like they were playing it safe by adding the jasmine and sticking with a white floral heart.
Sillage and longevity are good. As expected of Paco Rabanne fragrances.
The bottle is creative while still maintaining an expensive elegance.

Lyoness
Lyoness

I tried this on a whim at David Jones, and found that later I could not stop smelling the tester card or my wrists and had to go back. It is such a powerful, long-lasting scent in a beautiful, unique bottle. The vanilla-salt combination is absolutely spot on. It's feminine and isn't over-powered by the woody notes, and the white florals combined with the aquatic notes are absolutely mouthwatering. This is a scent for people who want to smell yummy and sophisticated at the same time. I find its longevity is reasonable, and the sillage is definitely substantial. I was so surprised to learn that it was a new perfume, because it looks like it's the kind of perfume that has been around forever. An instant classic!

auroramaria

Gorgeous combination of sweet and salty notes smells amazing in warm climate great for many occasion also it lasts many hours and leaves a beautiful trail

SuzanneS
SuzanneS

Olympia 1.7 edp
Beautiful modern scent. Beachy for the spring- summer.
The mandarin citrus open lasts for a nice while before the jasmine comes in which is like Muglers Alien jasmine only tempered by vanilla and woods. This works in a harmony to produce a beautiful salty sea scent that isnt offensive.

I dont get a lot of spice only the ginger note in the opening with the citrus, but it doesnt stay. Its definitely synthetic, so the depth isnt there, and it has a focus, and doesnt have a lot going on compared to another popular modern La Nuit Tresor. It is interesting with the salty ambergis thing going on. If I had to sum this up, its Aliens gentler, sweeter daughter that lived by the sea. I tested both fragrances and compared side by side. Maybe people think its closer to womanity with the caviar note, but I dont think its womanity as all because theres no big fig notes, or that strange....note that puts off people with womanity. But its just my opinion, my chemistry.

Southern Blonde
Southern Blonde

I thought this sort of smelled like Womanity but BETTER. I sampled Womanity and my nose was turned off by it. This is a beach fragrance of salty ocean water and ocean breezes on sand. I love the ginger note which is both spicy and sweet. There is a jasmine I like and wish it was more pronounced. This is a refreshing aquatic scent to wear as a pick me up scent and like others have pointed out - to wear to the beach or on a cruise! It's sweet and savory. It has a great longevity on me and smells good. I love the bottle. Nothing but love for this perfume.

Adina Galani
Adina Galani

Alien, Womanity, well done Mr. Mugler for inspiring this one! Not bad, but I am too comfortable with my Mugler creations which are much more rounded and in their own an inspiration. Bottle, selling campagne, all too much for the juice inn there. But is a best sould after all so I keep aside from being mean.

nightcutter
nightcutter

A girl I work with was wearing a beautiful perfume this week. When I asked what it was she said Olympea.

I was very surprised. I've smelt it in shops and thought it was just OK. I'm going to have to try it again because on her it smelt fabulous.

courtney.imholt
courtney.imholt

The praise for this beautiful fragrance still doesn't quite do it justice. I am not suggesting that it is inaccurately described. Perhaps, it is how I feel while wearing it. It is sweet, the salt is just enough to peak curiosity, but not like the saltiness in Womanity. It gives this sweet, warm beauty a unique characteristic that I haven't detected in any other sweet/white floral/vanilla fragrance. I am a little burned out on my perfumes that are dominated by patchouli, and I am happy I purchased the large bottle.
I do have to warn you, if you have fallen in love with the bottle. It photographs beautifully, but that plastic is awful in person. It is very cheaply made and you can tell. However, I love this fragrance so much that I can cope with the disappointing bottle.

smh28
smh28

Paco Rabanne Olympea reminds me of a toned down Guess by Marciano. They smell very similar. I just find Guess by Marciano a lot stronger, but not in a good way. Olympea is much more wearable.

I love Paco Rabanne Olympea. I have been wearing it for about three days now and it grows on me more every day. I came across it by accident when the store I went into did not carry the Chanel Allure I was looking for.

Olymbea starts out fruity and sharp but mellows down to this amazing soft, luxurious smell that lasts all day. Sweet, vanilla, amber, a little jasmine. Slightly more grown up than the gourmand vanillas I normally wear, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Sillage is good but I can still wear it to work without feeling like I am walking in a cloud of perfume all day.

I spend all day smelling myself! Love it.

fashionista
fashionista

On my skin, the middle and bottom notes smell just like Margiela's Beach Walk. I love, love Beach Walk and I am enamored of Olympea, also.

celia46
celia46

Beautiful opening but poor lasting power.

I received a sample yesterday and try it today after the shower. At the beginning I thought that it's going to be a strong companion during the day but I find that after 1 hour I barely notice it.
Now 5 hours after I'm without any traces of perfume, it's a petty because I find very interesting the salty note.

socorrosouza

Gigi, you should try Far Away Infinity, which is a very very good scent by Avon with great longevity and moderate sillage but which projects for a long time. FAI has somewhat (at least on me) the same vibe, although more open and cheerful, than Olympea.

turbijuli
turbijuli

Uh, what's with the salt? It's not sexy, it's not appealing, I want my up-scale fish market to smell like this.

Gigi The Fashionista
Gigi The Fashionista

Fragrance Review For Olympea Paco Rabanne

Top Notes: Mandarin Jasmine Ginger

Middle Notes: Vanilla Salt

Base Notes: Ambergris Cashmere Wood Sandalwood

An extremely popular fragrance right now. As a perfumista and fashionista I need to know what's in and what's hot, even though I wear a lot of "outdated" old fashioned classic fragrances from 1912. Now this, this is gorgeous. It's sweet and aquatic, subtle and summery. I agree with every Fragrantican that has called this a beach fragrance. It takes you to the beach, to the sea shore. But in my imagination this is the Mediterranean coast of Greece where Aphrodite is rising from the sea in her clam shell, where beautiful nymphs in diaphanous white gowns dance around the fertility goddess and welcome the spring. As for category of perfume I would not call this a floral. This is a very unique fragrance that is hard to label. It is not gourmand, it is not floral, it is not fruity. It opens with a fresh citrus, a mandarin orange which is also very summery. Fresh and sweet. Then I detected distinct but subtly spicy and sweet ginger and cinnamon. I found this to be the best part of the fragrance. If you like ginger this is a lovely ginger scent. It's feminine and seductive, but with an innocence. It's a beautiful young Vestal virgin who, despite her coyness and modesty, wants to be ravished. In fact she wants to be made love to by the man who wears the men's equivalent to this fragrance which is clearly Paco Rabanne's Invictus. This is Invictus for Women. Both scents are aquatic and contain fresh sea like beach like scents. Both have wood. The ambergris which is a synthetic whale secretion helps so much in providing this fragrance with that under water ocean quality. The salt as well because as we all know the ocean is very salty. I am in love with this perfume and have been wearing it all week. I can't wait for summer to wear this at the beach in Long Island. The only downside is this fragrance (along with Dior Poison Girl La Nuit Tresor Chanel Mademoiselle Daisy Marc Jacobs) is very common and I'm smelling it everywhere. I have a selfish desire to have fragrances made for me which no one else has rather than just wearing the uniform that a frag becomes if every woman is wearing it. But it is a truly beautiful fragrance. Highly recommended. Perfectly suited to wear with casual clothing day time spring and summer.

prettyswag

I quite like this scent , very beachy and lasting! may pick this up soon :)

fcirone1
fcirone1

Tried this lovely fragrance today...it reminded me right away of yves rocher monoi fragrance...also has a roberto cavalli vibe sort of tahitian monoi scent, coconutty, beachy vibe...great for spring/summer i would say.

mschnabel666
mschnabel666

I own and enjoy a few Paco scents... Black XS for Her, Ultrared (the red marshmallow one), Lady Million (just a "like" on that one)...
So I wondered about this.
I randomly get magazines in the mail, and I got a paper sample of Olympea. At first it was like "NOOOO!" Until I smelled again and thought about it. Thought about the notes and the sweetness. (Sweet gourmands are my thing)
Then I got the salty vanilla, which I'm sooo excited about. (Molinard Vanille Marine is delicious!)
So I rubbed furiously the paper on my wrist, and got the salty vanilla, and then a creamy white floral drydown that reminded me of Juicy Couture EDP.
It's a love from that... so I got a deal on a big 2.7 tester off ebay for $45 shipped. I can't wait! It's almost here... hurry up!
My Full Bottle is here... but I'm working!! I want to go home sick! LOL!

Mmmmmmm even more delicious and dreamy in person! Very very beachy with a hint of baby powder, and the same creamy florals as Juicy Couture edp. It's fresh from the beach vibe, but heavy, yet nowhere near cloying. I would kill for the extract/pure parfum. How do I get my hands on that??
Some may find it too thick for a summer perfume, but I won't!
It's like FCUK Friction meets JCouture.
This exceeded my expectations!!

I absolutely love this! One of my new faves!! The scent lasted over 24 hours on a shirt!

Germany

I was not going to buy this one as I bought many others lately. But every time I went to the store I couldn't help spaying it. Just because I thought it was a little unusual. Savoury , something really attractive.
Sweet vanilla ,,,,, salty wind by the sea , this is summertime by the ocean to me.
Not a scent a normally go for but I really enjoy this. I like the sweetness of it , the vanilla and the salt is just fabulous ! And ambergris and sandalwood is always amazing to me in a fragrance. , so it has a lot I love ,,,, yet I dislike to much jasmine , not sure about ginger and something in it to me reminds me briefly of womanity ,but not the silver spoon taste I get from womanity. I suppose the attractive side of womanity ! And yes there is a lady million vibe going , a scent I always wanted to get but never did and partly because of the bottle .

Olympia starts with a fresh , mandarine ,citrusy spicy , jasmine scent which can be off putting to my nose ,,,,but then quickly goes into a absolutely wonderful vanilla salty stage ,,,,this is when I go crazy over it. And obsess completely ,,,, then the drydown is phantastic with the ambergris and sandalwood , warm creamy but still airy in a way , never heavy ,, this makes a great summer fragrance!!! It's uplifting !

Update , great summer perfume, wearing it a lot , my husband likes it he said it smells like Florida , this time he is not so far off.

Sasco
Sasco

I've been testing this one all week and I still can't quite make my mind up........ I agree with the reviewer below that it makes for a perfect summer evening scent - it smells sensual and beachy and a little bit sultry all at once. But there's something that just keeps it from being a 'love' for me, and I think it's the sharpness of the green mandarin which seems somehow out of synch with the otherwise creamy feel of this fragrance. I kinda wish they'd toned that note down a bit and maybe amped up the sandalwood. I also get a hint of coconut, though it's not listed, which is rather lovely. The dry down is a heavenly, 'bathed-in-the-sea-then-basked-in-the-sun' skin scent with a lick of vanilla - I'm just not sure I enjoy the mid-notes enough to make the wait worthwhile. So still undecided about a full bottle - but certainly enjoying the decision-making process, for sure....

Edit: I'm gonna go for it. I live on the coast, the beach is my favourite place in the world to be, and I just find Olympea so darned......BEACHY. Every time I smell it, I think of warm, salty skin, sea breeze in my hair and the sun on my face. It just evokes a feeling of sheer pleasure and relaxation.

One more edit: Annnnnd it's a LOVE! I almost veered off and bought the Aqua version, but went for this at the last minute. I ADORE it. Great sillage; it almost seems to penetrate deep into the skin, giving you that lit-from-within feel. Creamy, beachy, potent perfection. Signature-worthy. Just plain awesome!

ddm.s
ddm.s

At my first try , I suppose that I smell a sun lotion on my salty skin. It penetrates deeply to the skin. It smells salty and sweet . These two tastes suit to themselfs perfectly. After you recognise soft and warm jasmine tone. It is sexy and perfect for the summer nights in my opinion.

deakrek
deakrek

From the middle to the end it was totally alike with Dior Sweet Sun for me. The beginning of PRO smells more interesting.

blake.lee
blake.lee

Pretty, but nondescript slightly sweet vanilla and musk. Oddly in the top notes I got almost a strawberry vibe, but it was gone in a flash and it's not listed in the notes. It also has a hint of aquatic, beachy vibe to it at moments, but it's not a light, airy fragrance. It reminds me of the most recent reformulation of Miss Dior Cherie. They have the same feel anyway. This is a office friendly, safe skin scent fragrance. It's not groundbreaking, but it's nice.

Edited: gave this a second try and I have to say I'm liking it more and more. I think it's a nice, slightly beachy fragrance for people who don't like your typical coconut beach scent. It's sweet and musky but that weird almost watery vibe keeps it from being cloying. It's fuzzy, but not cashmere sweater fuzzy, more big, fluffy beach towel fuzzy.

Hanawari
Hanawari

My first thought when spray Olympea is mmm.. another sweet fragrance. Yes, to me it smells like many other sweet vanilla scent perfume. Very common scent in my opinion. I can stand sweet perfume so it is not much a problem for me. Olympea is quite a strong perfume so it would be a good credit for those who love strong and sweet vanilla scent. Behind the sweet I can smell the fresh floral but its not that obvious.

I have only the mini Olympea and I wear it to the office. My job only requires me to sit at my desk but the day I wore Olympea I have to get up and walk around the office frequently because it is so strong. I just love the feel when the air brings the scent to a fresh-mild sweet scent.

A few hours Olympea smells a "mature" nice vanilla floral. I still get the sweetness but it settles to a medium and warm vanilla sweetness. This has remind me of other old perfume but I just cant recall what it is. Maybe it is too common scent you can get in the 90's.

Overall, to me Olympea is a nice sweet vanilla perfume. I don't really into its initial sweet but I appreciate the dry down scent. Lovely.

Neckromancer
Neckromancer

To me this smells like it contains a chocolate or praline note, along with salty male deodorant-like powdery musk. I don't find it feminine or pretty. Maybe sporty. But it smells very synthetic to my nose, like many other new perfumes. I also don't find it aquatic, fruity, or floral in any way. No explicit vanilla either. But, I did wash this off before it got to the drydown.

socorrosouza

On me it smells of vanilla and jasmine and it becomes more woody (sandalwood and cashmere) as the time passes, ending as a woody vanilla. The vanilla is not too sweet, it has a salty quality to it, but not overwhemingly so.It lasts for 9 to 10 hours with moderate sillage, after 2 houts becomes a skin scent.Since I wore it on very high temps, must test it again in what passes for winter in Brazil.

lafefe
lafefe

It's just perfect for my skin, nothing groundbreaking, but so comfortable and easy to wear. I wonder why there are so many negative reviews here. Maybe from the name and adv we expect something unforgettable but Olympea is just good. Maybe good is not enough, maybe we always need to find something unique and a bit loud. Olympea is just a very nice scent, lovely, milky, aromatic, long lasting and very close to the skin.
It is a great fragrance in its "fantastic normality", let's put it this way, it's a Goddess among casual scents!

Miss_Vanity
Miss_Vanity

I tried it today and i get mixed feelings about this. Although it belongs to the oriental floral group, it doesn't feel oriental at all, at least not on my skin. Vanilla is barely detectable and all I got was a salty, fresh summer scent with a touch of fruit, the forgettable kind.
However, its composition feels like it's fitting for a lot of skin types, so I guess it's an OK solution for a daytime in hot Mediterranean climate. I don't think I would buy it.

annisa.a
annisa.a

I've tried Olympea on my skin. Yes, it had vanilla in it, but quite in a fresher tone. And I don't know either if it was salty enough, but it had some kind of aquatic vibe indeed.
So Olympea was both sweet and fresh.
It was elegant enough and lasted for quite a long time.
Maybe I could imagine it to be really perfect for summer dusk.

ginaestheradams
ginaestheradams

I find Olympea to be quite an oddball - it is both sweet and sour. Vanilla with salt, what a strange mixture it is.
The opening is somewhat pungent, mostly I smell the green mandarine with ginger flower. Then the freshness slowly subsides and becomes an excellent counterbalance to the sweetness.
Not like anything I've smelt before, it's very distinctive and definitely not generic.
I find it to be the most perfect scent for a sunset at the beach in August - the salty air gradually getting colder and colder as the sun seems to slowly submerge in the sea.

ladyinpink
ladyinpink

There is something about this that i love. I cant name it. I guees it must be salt. The same thing happened to me with calvin klein reveal. It had something (salt?) In common with olypea but i like olympea better. It is more feminine. It smells warm and just beautiful. Lasts over 5 hours on skin.
It is something new on the market. I believe it doesnt smell like anything else before. I will for sure always keep it in my collection.

AmoreProfumi
AmoreProfumi

This isn't as bad as the scent strip lead me to believe..When I first smelled the strip I thought it was horrible..I said they needa stop advertising this like it's something great..but I gave it another chance by doing a skin test. Must say this performs way better on skin. I was surprised a lil to see that Vanilla & salt are the star notes here (being such a vanilla lover), my skin at first was picking up I guess more of the jasmine, now that it's mellowed the vanilla emerged more && it's actually quite beautiful/interesting. It's not bad but it's not groundbreaking either, I immediately got a similarity with another scent, && I can agree to a previous commenter's post with saying it reminded them of a lighter Alien. I deff. get that, there's Jasmine in Alien..so I think if TM was to do a lighter vanilla infused alien Olympea would be it's twin. It has a nice deep seductive & alluring smell to it; the bottle is really pretty && looks even nicer in the extrait version. I say if you're interested in this scent deff. give it a skin test if it off puts you at first, it might surprise you. ;)

cafe au lait
cafe au lait

Love, love, love this perfume. It's as if it's made for me. By the way I have no idea what salty vanilla smells like, this perfume smells sweet to me without cloying.
Edit : After using it a few months, I have to say I would like it more if the longevity was better. I still love the smell so much tough.

hsheep
hsheep

I found this one to be very generic in a perfumey-floral way. I couldn't pick out any notes, it was more of a scented hairspray sort of spritz, even after drying down 20 min. I don't get much vanilla or salt, mostly just the perfumey jasmin floral accord. In the dry down it sort of reminds me of JPG Classique, but much more faint, it kind of has that similar soapy and slightly warm vibe.

An hour in though I'm actually liking it much more, it's settled down to a warm and toasty sort of light and soapy floral with a hint of vanilla still. Pretty much a skin scent. Nice, but it doesn't stand out enough for me. Overall it's still just generic, but pleasant and inoffensive (unless overpsrayed). It also only lasts a short time, about 1-2 hours for me until I can barely smell it against my skin or shirt.

Solstice88
Solstice88

When this perfume settles it is beautiful. To me it smells more like coconut than vanilla. Its perfect for an autumn day...and perfectly versatile for an evening too. It also lasts for ages. Age group wise I think it would suit 25>34 year olds best.

thomasx3
thomasx3

Love this fragrance. Personally i did not like it at first, i thought it was horrible but after wearing it i fell in love. It's a scent people will either love or hate.
I don't get any of the vanilla when i spray it, i mostly get the salty jasmine scent.
But when it dries down i get more of the soft musky vanilla scent.
People who love heavy and sexy scents will love this. :)

Seattle Dweller
Seattle Dweller

Guys opinion.

My neighbors Asian daughter 26 years old and a surgeon for Swedish Hospital in WA (how's that for a profile) wore this to dinner with my girlfriend and a group of friends last week.

The vanilla floral mix was intoxicating on her skin. Beautifully distracting in a feminine and confident way. Nothing skanky or naughty. Nothing old ladyish or dated. Just soft sweet and uplifting.

A few people writing reviews are comparing the floral elements to the Dior Cherie series of perfumes - but this obviously adds the trademark Paco Rabanne sweetness (fun) and the ever so slight salty aquatic notes that the male version Invictus has.

I purchased my girlfriend a bottle and she is on cloud nine with its performance and longevity. She says she literally feels better and the male compliments and attention (what have I done!) are never ending.

Other comparisons are to that of the new CK reveal for women, and LA Rive in flames - that one similar but having more amber in the dry down.

If you want to drive men crazy, ignore the ridiculous marketing and in store promo materials, and give this fragrance a whirl.

SoheePark

It's gorgeous!! The only thing that bothers me is that Paco Rabanne is marketing this as 'athletic'. As I see it, it's for a Greek queen aura type of girl!

IgnitingFlares
IgnitingFlares

I usually love Paco Rabanne scents because of their strong scent palette and their spicy tones. This one, this one has none of that.
Perfumeries keep pushing it to be a great scent, and it's in a couple of best-sold lists on online perfumeries but I can't fathom why, it's too safe and too bland. Shame really, it's such a pretty bottle and I expected more from Rabanne

amirali0072000
amirali0072000

this fragrance is vanilla,white floral and salty.
The bottle is pretty and gorgeous.wonderful,warm and sweet.It really smells awesome.
sillage and longevity are well,
One of the best Paco Rabanne.
I think this one is similar to Lady Million Absolutely Gold but Olympea is better!
It has smooth vanilla,salty at the opening.

Wheaters
Wheaters

There is something very nauseating and suffocating about Olympea. It's sweet and powdery in the manner of something decaying. I also get no salt which is the sole reason I got a sample of this.
Don't recommend.
In practical terms, this perfume actually ticked all my boxes notes-wise, yet I hate it. So it is a reminder to sample as much as possible rather than blind buy unless there is no alternative. I am very pleased I only have 2 little samples of this.

aSmileiswild
aSmileiswild

I only want this dumb fragrance because it's a variation of my name. Even tho I haven't smelled it. But obviously I want to smell it before spending money.
Oh my ego.
I'm thinking I'll like it tho

Milenadim
Milenadim

Neutral scent. Smells like CK Reveal. The salt note is dominant!

Toom_Snoopy
Toom_Snoopy

Olympea is definitely sweet shea butter lotion in a bottle. I'm very get familiar with this kind of scent. It's smooth vanilla with a bit salty at the opening. It's not shy but a bit loud, nice vailla-based scent.

sherien
sherien

Opening like Reveal, dry down like LVEB minus the praline note = Olympea.. very good staying power though

MysticRose
MysticRose

I was fascinated by this one for a while because it was alluringly sweet and powdery. I kept coming back for more but it eventually got to me and now I CANNOT stand it. Upon the initial spray she is gentle and feminine: a combination of musk and jasmine but as time progresses Olympea rebels. She does not want to be associated with intricacy and grace, she's LOUD and proud. The dry-down is nauseatingly sweet (caramel, sandalwood and more musk) and has a sillage to match. I'd much rather wear Invictus.

mypersonalharmonics
mypersonalharmonics

This is so boring I cannot even review it :P Safe, round, powdery floral, no id. Ok. Nothing to see here.

And please, don't get me started with the saltiness. Does anyone actually get that salty note or is it just the impression imposed to you by reading its description above?

Oh, and I'm greek so the whole greek godess thing feels so tacky. Mythology, of all origins, is wonderful. I'm afrad it is just misused and abused in so many aspects of modern culture.

Eri1985
Eri1985

At first it is somewhat strange. I don't like it at all. Very strong smell. When left on the skin, i.e. after 10 minutes, it has a smell salty caramel, with a cooling breeze. Keeps several hours. I do not know whether to choose. It's just nice, not divine ...

raiza1990
raiza1990

A sweet floral with a hint of salt. I was expecting the salt to be stronger but on me it is very shy,unfortunately. The salt is what actually gives this fragrance personality, but because it is so weak we´re left with a generic (and overpriced) floral.
Longevity is moderate and it sits close to the skin.
I think for this price tag one can find better florals out there. I don´t actually dislike it (because there is nothing to dislike on it, so innofensive it is) but i am unimpressed.

Wassim Gharbi
Wassim Gharbi

For me, it is a very kinda "sneaky" scent. Once, I ordered a perfume and I had to choose 2 samples. So I chose this one and My Burberry because they were the only ones that I was interested in. When I received my perfume with the samples, I was more excited to smell My Burberry than this one and when I smelled this one, I didn't like it at all. I was sad. I remember that it was "weird" and I loved My Burberry more. But 4 days ago, I've seen the sample and I gave it a 2nd chance and it was worth it! Right now, I love this more than My Burberry! (I also gave it a 2nd chance because I've seen it for a cheap price) So, I obviously ordered it! I just received it today and I'm totally in love with the scent and bottle! Like I said, it is a "sneaky" scent. First, I didn't liked it and the 2nd time, I loved it. The advertisement and commercial definitely describe the scent: powerful goddess of beauty. The bottle is beautiful! It gives this antiquity shaped bottle. (If I'm showing this to my history teacher, he would love this! well, I hope) The fragrance starts with a nice floral with a hint of salt. It is floral but something strong it behind this which is salt. The vanilla gives the softness of the fragrance and it gives this sexy side to the fragrance. And the longetivity is incredibely nice! It lasts for 8 hours on me! And the thing amazing with this is that when you're spraying the perfume, it is not too overwhelming for a fragrance that lasts 8 hours. I recommend to try this fragrance if you like floral salty scents. It is a must have! My signature scent so far!

chiara.candaele
chiara.candaele

I didn't want to like this as much as I actually do. Paco Rabanne perfumes and advertisements always seem gimmicky and very 'nouveau riche' to me. The bottle is quite horrendous, I love me some rose gold but this is a cheap trick. However, after getting a few samples I was lured in to try the fragrance anyway.

To my surprise, this is rather stunning. It's sweet, but not a candy store kind of sweet, more like a beach vibe faint coconut and sunscreen kind of sweet. That salty vanilla is so jummy and I really want to get this perfume to wear on those moody summer evenings, when the air is humid and thick. I love how it's breezy but sultry at the same time.

This reminds me of a less cloying and more 'airy' version of Diptyque's Eau Duelle.

desdekid
desdekid

Unfortunately the salty note goes away too fast and I am only left with a heady floral, the jasmine.

lindley
lindley

Salty vanilla! Seriously, the other notes are there, especially the jasmine and musk, but overall that's what I get. And it is unusual and more-ish. Like eating icecream on a pier on a warm, windy night, while wearing an elegant evening gown.

olga_adriana

as a below reviewer said, i don't get too much vanilla either (nor too much salt) but i
pick up on orange very strong at the opening, as well as jasmine and maybe cashmere wood and sandalwood. it's sweet-floral. i actually smell grapefruit, even though i know it's not listed. it smells a little bit like The Body Shop store.
i have to say, i wasn't expecting to like this too much, but it is actually lovely! i think that like many paco rabanne perfumes, the marketing/name/packaging seems to be "universally appealing" but, the perfume truly is likeable, and season indifferent ... perfect for an everyday kind of scent!

ppetra-
ppetra-

This is a nice scent, even though I get zero vanilla. I get the salt, green mandarine, the airy-ness.

It reminds me a little bit of CK reveal, a little bit of the aquatic Cool Water, and those two make a real nice blend.

And the bottle! I'd buy it for the bottle only. Maybe next time.

shiva77
shiva77

Soo nice.It's lady Milion and Alien's little sister.

Parfumdame
Parfumdame

Tried this for the first time on my skin (wrists) today. I am not sure what to think.. At first it's really strong and I almost couldn't handle it and wanted to wash it off, but I decided to give it a try. Now, a couple of hours later, the scent is pleasant. I think I can smell the vanilla now, which I really like!
Not sure what it is that almost triggers a headache..

Kate33
Kate33

This is my new love.It smells very long and hard. I collect the same compliments and queries what a beautiful smell ?? I'm 40.

Valleyofthedolls
Valleyofthedolls

First spray was a '' eh, not interested''. Around 20 minutes later, oh my goodness!!! Olympea, you beauty! It warms up and becomes an addictive sweet, creamy floral. The vanilla is not too much and the jasmine keeps it clean and almost aquatic. The woody base delivers and you will find that this scent will last and last. I am considering this as a signature since it's the perfect mix between sweet and clean, seductive but not inappropriate for office wear. It's a well round creation with impeccable longevity and sillage. Very impressed!!

mamehaviolette
mamehaviolette

This isn't a bad perfume, it has actually something quite unusual that you can smell during the first 10 minutes after you have sprayed it: this very distinctive salty note, that mixed with the jasmine and vanille creates a sort of "fleshy", raw smell, that I personally like a lot and that I find quite innovative, also if I have already smelled this note in Thierry Mugler's Womanity.

But what disappoints me is the drydown. This original scent becomes your usual "vanilla-sweet-white flowery" combination that you have found in a lot of scents. And this perfume isn't worth its price anymore, in my opinion :(

Betsywoolbright
Betsywoolbright

I love this. It has some of the same salty and gingery and white floral notes that I love in Bvlgari's Aqva Divina, but also some fruity (watermelon jolly rancher?) notes not listed here.

Fábio Condé
Fábio Condé

Olympea is a good creamy floral.
While he has a sweet aspect he has a fresh floral, it's something between floral and oriental, so I speak, creamy.
Early on we felt jasmine with fresh nuances, and something bittersweet, I think it's ginger with the invigorating and lightly spicy, but later vanilla already takes hold, it is something sweet and a half floral spicy, which balances and means becomes creamy.
But feel a mild saline semi powdery tone behind, very light, but interesting.
Woody musky base when it is dry, but it's really strong and floral oriental in a way, by the way characteristic of Paco Rabanne.

Beautiful,SOft BUT VERY noticeable Flowery fragrance.

Settles well and lingers for hours.

LOVE the Jasmine thats wafts all day long --- reminds me of freshly washed linen blowing in a warm summer breeze.

SIGH :-)

Cocotea
Cocotea

This smells like a milk and honey body wash I once had from either Suave or St. Ives, can't remember. I get gingery milk with honey and salt. It smells like how a clean warm fuzzy blanket would feel. It's interesting. I like it! The longevity is outstanding. After over six hand washes, my hands (I spray the backs of my hands) still smell strongly of this. Two people commented I smell nice too that was about nine hours after I first applied, so the silage is also awesome.

_Lashes_
_Lashes_

I was gifted this. To me it smells very clean, almost detergent like. It lingers on your skin and clothes forever which is a great testament to PR...I just wish I liked it :( gave this away.

pri_alip
pri_alip

When I read about this fragrance's release here in Fragrantica, I didn't really care for it - salty vanilla sounded like a bizarre combination to me, and I don't even like vanilla that much anyway. So the other day I was at a department store and the fragrance SA asked me if I wanted to try it. I thought "why not" and accepted the paper strip. It was nice and that's all. I shoved the paper inside my bag and proceeded with my shopping. When I reached inside my bag again to get my wallet, about half an hour later, the most lovely scent invaded my nose. I couldn't believe it was the little paper strip! I smelled it again and fell in love!
Santa Claus came early this year and brought me a bottle of Olympea. Four spritzes - two showers later and I can still smell it on my skin. It lasts FOREVER. Unbelievable.
Objective review: the first blast is a bit uncomfortable, as the vanilla comes out too strong. After a few minutes it settles down and feels more cozy, making room for a very, very feminine and elegant drydown. I love it.
Oh, and I agree that it kind of resembles CK Reveal, but in a much nicer way.

Purplegem
Purplegem

I tried this perfume both from a card which someone had spritzer a few hours before for me from a chemist (so I wouldn't neccessaril get the top notes) and from a sample spray vial.

This isn't really my type of fragrance. Its fairly sophisticated though. I dont buy in to the whole 'cleopatra' story. Its just marketing (in my opinion).

Without looking at the notes on here I could detect a salty sort of smell. It smelt quite deep.definitely ginger too. A little bit of orange but not that noticeable.

It lasted on the card it was sprayed on for a few days. It has good lasting power. Its different to other perfumes I've tried. If I had to wear it I would choose to wear it at night as it is a little deeper than what I prefer to wear... And saltier. I prefer light florals and not ginger. It would be OK for the day too though if you liked the fragrance.

Someone I know thought it smelt like a biscuit. I couldn't really detect this. She seems to have a better nose than me though and I notice someone else wrote this (Im British - cookie in america). Definitely not overly sweet. Definitely not too young smelling. Mainly salty ginger scent for me with a few other notes thrown in maybe.

It is cosy, I'll give you that, and warm. Not really pretty (in my opinion).

I have not smelled a fragrance like it. I have not tried womanity and lady million thay others mention. I have tried tm alien but I wouldn't really relate/compare them. I dont think they reqlly smell similar. Alien to me is linear and strong (with 1spray from a sample). This has more to it. I dont particularly like either. My personal view. Fairly sophisticated. Not old fashioned.

senalica
senalica

I don't quite know how I feel about this fragrance... Yes, It's pleasant, however I don't associate it with summer - to me it smells like a warm winter evening by a fireplace enjoying a cup of milk with honey and vanilla cupcakes. Sure, who doesn't like that? But at the same time it is lacking some.. I don't know - intrigue? It gives me a hit of pleasant vanilla sweetness, but it doesn't captivate, there's not much mystery in it for me... Longevity is ok for the vanilla note. As for other notes - not so much.

SoheePark

I get no salty notes whatsoever, only tonka bean, vanilla, milk. Gosh this is so gorgeous, it's like a sophisticated version of Diesel Loverdose Tattoo (the latter is more caramelly and a tad more childish). However Olympea is more fierce. I LOVE this perfume. 9/10

littebee
littebee

That reminds me of Just Cavalli with a tiny touch of Womanity:) I like it. Unfortunatelly it smells better on clothes than on skin.

Malibu
Malibu

To me this is beachy upon application; it smells like sea salt and coconuts - even though there's no mention of coconut being included in the juice. This mix warms up and becomes creamier as the vanilla mixes with the sandalwood, so I don't feel out of place wearing this perfume in the current cold & wet weather.

I'm a sucker for salt and coconut in fragrance, so I'm seriously thinking of buying a bottle of this.

lolitajade
lolitajade

Tried it. Thought I recognize this. It is not Alien or Womanity like I had heard. I have a very cheap roll on of Wigdan by al rehab. Its the same!! Very sexy...........

rararamadanti
rararamadanti

I can smell slight of LVEB on the drydown. But in first hour it's really beachy and clean, then it turns into something sweet, salty sweet :).
Not that bad for a blind buy :)

La DameDeNoir
La DameDeNoir

First, this is a personal opinion, and not a criticism against the people who use and like this fragance.

This is like crossover between Bulgari's Acqua Divina and Lancôme La Vie est Belle. Pretending to be the perfume for a godess...and it's more likely the perfume for some lanky looking and sassy young girls who run out from History's classroom to lurk in the boys' lockeroom. Just vulgar and common. Interchangeable with dozens and dozens of many other perfumes of our days. A vaguely citrus accord, a non-descriptible floral-sweet heart (the random note of almost all Paco Rabanne's female perfumes in our days), and a background note with that salty smell, so fashionable now and so reminiscent of dirty underwear. No good.

It is a fact that Paco Rabanne is no longer the original, daring, futuristic and yet practical house of fashion that once was, and that its main concern, in our days, is to do very expensive training suits for rappers, pseudo-goths and hipsters. One wonders why did they spend time and money to release things like Lady Million, the endless Black XS series or this Olympéa, that more likely are going to be withdrawn from the market in three or four seasons, due its poor quality as soon as the target people get tired of this of find something better and more affordable, instead of rescuing beautiful and venerable classics like La Nuit, Metal, Eau de Calandre or Teneré.

elisiann
elisiann

I mostly do like vanilla so this is a quite pleasant fragrance to me. Appreciate the citrus notes that add freshness and make the composition a bit more interesting. Very feminine and definitely romantic, for a winter season. Longevity is good, but in a while all that I can smell on my skin is the vanilla. Still - rather enjoyable.

Calinare
Calinare

Ohhh I tried this one and it smells like a much bitter vanilla plus Alien :3 But it's a bit expensive

Kasiasma
Kasiasma

After many days of testing this beauty I have to say that this is my new favorite fragrance . Like many other reviewers I do think that this one is similar to Womanity but Olympea is truly a million times better ! Vanilla in this one is so perfectly smooth if that makes any sense :) and salt as an ingredient is something that I have never seen before but that makes the most beautiful combination EVER . It is a must have for me so I grabbed the biggest bottle. Longevity on this one is absolutely amazing , 12 h + on skin , on clothes even 5 days which is stunning .

mangocherry
mangocherry

There is something familiar and yet unfamiliar about this scent. It reminds me of Lady Million and Obsession Night by Calvin Klein, but softer. On me it starts off candy sweet then dries down into this pleasant, nutty yet fresh smell. It is a great autumn daytime scent. It's is a fresh strong breeze and transitional clothes, hot chocolates and honey roasted cashews.... comfy, yet interesting and unusual. It lasted 4 - 6 hours on me close to skin. I like it. I haven't smelled Alien so can't make the connection as others have but I do find Paco Rabbane smells all have a familiar quality that connects them so I would not be surprised

Devrinna
Devrinna

Did they mix Alien and Womanity? Anyway, I find it lovely, not very original, but nice and intense.

vanillapocky
vanillapocky

I am a huge vanilla fan, so I was excited when I first smelled Olympēa from my wrist. I noticed the jasmin, but it wasn't very dominant which was amazing; because I was afraid that this perfume would be too flowery. I was about to buy it, but I stopped when I saw the price and just added it to my wishlist.
About an hour later, when I was in the airplane I smelled my wrist again and I was shocked. It smelled like our backyard, just full of jasmin & woody notes; and zero vanilla. Maybe it's just like this on my skin, but I'm glad I haven't purchased it.

fleurdefi
fleurdefi

I sampled this at bedtime. At first sniff, I was oh right, they said it smelled like Lady Million and it does, but a softer version. But as I was drifting off to sleep, all of a sudden it turned into something else! What was it? I know this! I had to find my phone and pull up Fragrantica to re-read the reviews. Oh my gosh, yes! It smelled like Alien but again, but a softer version. So until I fell asleep I kept smelling Lady Million and Alien simultaneously. Not bad just very unusual!

PerfumAdict
PerfumAdict

Yo trabajo en una perfumería y hoy decidí probar esta fragancia. Tengo que ser honesta, cuando la llevaron a la tienda no fue un boom para mi, fue solamente otra fragancia más, y eso que, uno de mis perfumes favoritos es Lady Million y el de mi novio es One Million, pensé que por ser Paco Rabanne sería una buena fragancia.
Bueno, empece mi shift a las 9:00 am. Lo primero que hago es sprayar la fragancia, la primeras notas son una mezcla entre vainilla, ginger que la hace un poco picante y floral. Lo impresionamte fue que seis horas después todavia se sentía! Solo que ya habia cambiado, ya no era tan picante, se había vuelto un poco mas floral/sweet/musky.a mi novio le encanto!! En lo personal si me gustó! No la compraría para mi, pero no es mal perfume y tiene una fijación INCREÍBLE! En este mismo momento son laa 11:30 pm y aun lo puedo sentir, es un poco mas floral/vanilla/woodsy.
Ya pasaron 14 horas desde que la espraye y aun sigue alli! Talvez no sea la mejor fragancia pero si tiene buena fijación.

alemaiden
alemaiden

Hola lo probé ayer y lo siento con la salida casi igual a La vie est belle de Lancome mezclado con Dior Hypnotic Posion eau Sensuelle... en mi piel a la hora me queda como si me hubiese puesto el H.P. Sensuelle!!! Espero les ayude, es una cmbinación exquisita y de muy larga duración.

katmo
katmo

On skin - salty vanilla.
On clothes - salty vanilla with a hint of jasmine.
Soft, feminine, uplifting, sexy but comforting as well, versatile, for any occasion/mood/time/age. Long lasting.

The 50 ml bottle is a piece of art, I appreciate the attention to detail. (The bottle in the picture here is 30 ml.)

So far my most favorite release of 2015.

rosywise1
rosywise1

I WANT TO BATHE IN THIS BEAUTIFUL FRAGRANCE. IT IS STUNNING AND LASTS A VERY VERY LONG TIME. ITS PERFECT FOR MY AGE 58 AND EVERYONE HAS MENTIONED IT SAYING ITS JUST LOVELY. SO I AM FEELING MORE FEMINE THAN FOR A LONG TIME

Crystals On My Converse
Crystals On My Converse

The opening of this reminds me of Lady Million which I already have. This is a nice scent with a beautiful bottle. If you already have Lady Million I would give this one a miss!

ailimeavolokin
ailimeavolokin

If I had done a blind test, I would have thought that this is a fragrance from Thierry Mugler.

jeri_1510
jeri_1510

This fragrance opens up very similar to Lady Million...you can feel a lot of sweet fruit (very strong) then, as it developes, the saltiness comes along with the florals to refresh it but don't be fooled...it is very strong and powerful.
I really liked it and I'm thinking Of buying it really soon.
The name fits The fragrance perfectly.

I don't know why, but on me it opens like new Nina by Nina Ricci.

gulsen
gulsen

nothing special.very ordinary.stays on for a very long time but not for me not for my age.(42)

Ioli19
Ioli19

This is a lovely floral perfume which can be worn year round. It's mostly jasmine and vanilla, but there's a freshness to it. It's unlike any other perfume, it doesn't remind me of anything, and can't see any similarity between olympea and womanity or alien or lady million as others have found. It's elegant with great longevity, it's a very smooth feminine perfume, which though sweet is not sweet in a gourmand way.moderate sillage, beautiful bottle. I find myself wearing it often as it suits any occassion, very easy to wear.

I don't detect Womanity, or Alien in it!!! Womanity is awful to my nose, when Olympea is all femininity, airiness , and attractiveness!! Lovely !!

tahia_loky
tahia_loky

La mezcla de la vainilla con el jasmin es tan cálida, dulce y hasta un poco elegante, pero perfectamente para el uso diario. Esta fragancia me recuerda a muchas fragancias entre las mas notorias la de Avon "far away" y la de Pacha ibiza (dorada).

Contessa01
Contessa01

I had tested this and had two people in ten minutes ask me what I was wearing! I like it, it reminds me of Womanity with a touch of lady millionaire. It is not overly unique but the saltiness keeps it from being a standard floral fruity. I am really enjoying this and glad I bought it.

susieqrj
susieqrj

The saltiness reminds me a lot of Womanity (without the sickly sweet and metalic note of fig).
On my skin it stayed for a long time but on my clothes it had better performance (I used a jacket while using the perfume and today Im using a different fragrance but all I smell is Olympea)

greek_goddes
greek_goddes

I enjoy Olympea but I have to confess that it reminds of Lady Million a lot. I don't think someone needs both. If I had to choose between the two I would go for Olympea as it is a more natural scent.

Edit: After wearing it for a while I have to say that it is subtle but long lasting, with an obvious aquatic character in the drydown, which I love! Also, it strongly reminds me of Acqua di Gioia Essenza by Armani. I might actually get a bigger bottle for Christmas.

NancyD76
NancyD76

I smelled it in the shop last week, when I was searching for a new autumn scent and I immediately fell in love!

This is such a nice sweet summer vanilla scent, but a heavy one! Pity it is launched after summer, otherwise I would have immediately bought it. I love the "salted" vanilla in combination with jasmine, sandalwood and cashmere. I even smelled coconut, maybe I'm the nut but I thought it was in it.

I want this for next summer and yeah I'll feel like a goddess :-)

ADDED: I could not get this perfume out of my head and at every occasion at the perfume shop I tried several new scents but always ended up spraying Olympea. So I put it on my Christmas wish list :-D Now I got it, together with the body milk. I love it! It's such a nice scent and opposite to what I first thought, it's really suited as a warm special winter scent.
Only minor: longivety is poor on my skun, so I end up spraying it all the time ;-)

Mukuro
Mukuro

Love the name and the concept of this perfume, also the video clip is very intriguing. I almost blind buy it! But something tells me not to rush... so today I went to department store and give it a try.

The bottle is really pretty but perfume open with very strong with salt and vanilla. There is only a hint of jasmin & ginger. Can't find no mandarin.
One spray goes a long way, the sillage is almost overwhelming and quite long lasting.

I'm sure I smell this kind salty-vanilla perfume before but I can't quite put my finger on it. Personally, I don't appreciate the over-sweet smell of vanilla, but I can imagine some female would really likes it.

I'm so glad I did not blind buy this, or it would be a epic fail.

Rain Cloud
Rain Cloud

This scent reminds me of Lady Million.

jellybeantree

I have tested this a few days and now I can review it . This is a savoury salty vanilla fragrance with a woody base . I also get a similar vibe in Lady million but this is more fresh as Lady million is more warm. I think its a very interesting and great smelling fragrance that is worth a try . Lasting power also very good ! This is how I wished womanity smelled like .

irisjetaime
irisjetaime

Encore un clone de milliers de parfums déjà sentis dans tous les Nocibés ou Séphoras de France et de Navarre....Très linéaire comme cela est la mode depuis plusieurs années dans la parfumerie.
En tout cas pour ce qui est de mes narines.
Une senteur pseudo "embruns" grâce à la note salée mariée à de la vanille (bas de gamme) du cachemire de même gamme et une pseudo note légèrement gourmande.
Ouais ! Ouais ! Ouais !!!! Bon ben à part ça ??!!!
Rien de neuf, rien qui va mettre mon odorat en ébullition.

Allez ! Next...

sandrile.saleysa
sandrile.saleysa

why many people dislike it??!! it's loely one
I just tried it and i absolutely love this fragrance
first the bottle is great design i picked it up and tried its smell sweet from white floral warm from woody and i feel fresh with citrus fruit
The scent reminds me of Lady Million and the advertisement remind me of Versace Eros pour femme.

edwardian.lady
edwardian.lady

it smells sexy, beachy..i just needed to buy it!

jellybeantree

This perfume is amazing and different ! Paco Rabanne get's it right every time!

Triksy27
Triksy27

This perfume is sooo beautiful. I sprayed one time and i could smell it all day! Lovin' it!

LadyPilot
LadyPilot

Tested it today and I got totally overwhelmed by the opulence of this scent. It's so intense, full of EVERYTHING!!! I believe that the combination of vanilla and wood is wonderful, but vanilla + wood + a ton of SALT is way too much! OK, OLYMPEA is the winner, the goddess or queen, she rules the world but her reign can be a cruel one. She doesn't know when to say "Stop, that's enough!" And a classy queen always knows when it's enough, doesn't she?
I would expect such a creation from Paco Rabanne though...
Take away the salt and I'm buying it!!!

PerfumeEmpress
PerfumeEmpress

I smelled this at a duty free shop and was underwhelmed (truth be told, I was pretty much underwhelmed by nearly all new frags I tested; and I tested them thoroughly as I had plenty of time). Truly nothing to write home about.

And the bottle is a faithful reproduction of Cartier's Panthere perfume bottle (the original 1980s version, not the new one). Only Cartier's bottle has a black panther on each shoulder of the bottle (go to Cartier in this site and take a look). I know because I still have a bottle of the original Panthere in the beautiful red leather box.

jinjun
jinjun

Love the name and the bottle. The perfume is not so great.

lirael00
lirael00

Olympea, wooow, wooow, wooow. Femme fatale in a bottle.It smells divine, I wouldn't guess that there are salty notes in this juice. I don't know how this frag can be both: fresh and warm at the same time. Like you can wear this to the beach or when you go skiing in winter. And that is something that is really hard to pull off. So, bravo Olympea! Can I just add that the lasting power is amazing on my skin and that I got compliments immediately when I sprayed it on me. Gotta get a bottle of this asap!

Tardigrada
Tardigrada

I've tried testing Olympea with the most ever unbiased approach today. I can only say that I was never a big fan of this brand ant their perfumes to say the least. Though I admit Black Xs has a straightforward sexy vibe, that really pulls some triggers for me, I hate Mr. Million of theirs with great passion.
Olympea is a beautiful gentle sweet floral blend, decent and even could be perceived as elegant. But that's it. The salty note? Well in Womanity it was done in a much more creative manner.
Initially it starts on fresh and at the same time tart accords, nothing ground breaking, then that pinch of salt kicks in and it just thins more and more vanishing into thin air. Hours later, the drydown leaves me uninspired by a chemical and screechy synthetic jasmine on an even more see-through synthetic sandalwood. I think maybe if ginger was more prominent it would truly kick some ass, but then it wouldn't the croudpleaser with intended high sales it's supposed to be. Meh..

ladyfragantica
ladyfragantica

Sweet, salty, floral and some woods, I like it, it reminds me a lot of reveal from Calvin Klein, however I like this one better, it's fresher than reveal. The designed of the bottle quite original, go Paco!

DMS162002
DMS162002

I love this and disagree that it is unremarkable. It's a salty spicy scent that could be unisex. I was trying to think of what it was reminding me of until someone pointed out the similarity to Womanity. The difference here is Olympea lacks the dirty slightly discordant notes of Womanity (which I do love). This is more polished, less polarizing but still a beauty. If Derek Walcott's poem, the Almond Trees had a scent this would be it, not because there is an almond note, for there is none, but for the sense of things being worn down into suppleness by salt and heat.

snel hest
snel hest

This is a perfect example of todays perfumery.
Very nice looking bottle, unremarkable scent. It actually made my throat hurt.
Nothing more than a articicial, chemical smelling mess. DH could not wait until I had washed it off.

But the bottle is nice!

QueenofForks
QueenofForks

Love it, the sweet woody dry down gets me every time. I love the gods and goddesses theme they went with makes you feel sexy and revolutionary. It last long as well and its faorly strong but not over powering, its pleasant even when youre wearing a bit much

Ohkit
Ohkit

Olympea isn't a masterpiece nor a groundbreaking scent. That's true. But let's be honest, paco rabanne is a master of best selling perfumes. Most of them. If not all are hits. This one is sweet , fruity and reminds me of womanity meets la petite robe noir. It lasts all day on skin and a couple of days more on clothes. I d say that olympea is more of a nighttime scent, especially if overapplied. All in all, a decent crowd-pleaSer

Nikkafragrance
Nikkafragrance

This scent is very interesting indeed - a new star of the salty-sweet perfume trend. Modern, sexy, suitable for all occassions and slightly masculine. Worth a try! I do not feel it as an aquatic fragrance - for example CK's Reveal is also a salty perfume, but much more marine than Olympea. A new favourite by Paco Rabanne just in time, because I got bored of Lady million.

charloppe
charloppe

I agree with the people finding this scent aquatic! I am not good with aquatics unfortunately, so for me, this ended in a scrub down after 2 hours of really trying to get past the aqua :( I didn't expect this at all according to the listed notes. Does anyone know which ingredient might evolve like that?

Longevity and sillage is great, but it's a definite no from me.

gamme82
gamme82

A nice fragrance, very different. It has a butter and beachy vibe, I know it sounds weird!
It melts immediately with the skin chemistry, and it is most definitely a high quality perfume, it last for ages. Longevity 16 hours + and sillage massive. Suitable for all seasons I guess. Its nice and I bet it will become very popular, its a power fragrance, The same class as Si Armani, Manifesto and La vie est belle. Sweet and warm, and leaves a beautiful trail.

GourmandGirl
GourmandGirl

This is one of my new favourites, I am literally in love!! I could say so much about this beauty, but i'll keep it short for your sakes lol. I get a real gourmandy vibe from this, but a warm, not overpoweringly sweet one.

The ginger is faint, but just gives it that edge, and the jasmine gives it a real sense of luxury, just so breathtaking... It is an absolute sillage monster on me, which believe me, is a good thing, as perfumes don't seem to last on my skin well. But the sillage is a pleasant one, not an 'in your face, look at me, smell me now!', just a beautiful, heavenly vanillary waft. The saltiness in this I can't really smell, but I think it definitely stops the sweetness of the vanilla from being too overpowering. The longevity is absolutely amazing, I can still smell it the next day, which again is rare for a perfume on my skin.

My fiancé loves this on me, and can't stop sniffing me when I wear it, which is a real bonus as he rarely compliments me on my perfumes. I personally think it's more for the autumnal months, as it has such a warmth about it. I imagine it almost embraces you, helping to keep out the cold on a wet and windy day. All in all, this is a winner and gets a massive thumbs up from me.

AND-MAT
AND-MAT

Olympea is a well done uplifting perfume. The best thing in it is it's versatility. It can be casual or formal. It can be worn in any season at any time of the day.

The salt note here that is slowly becoming the next "Frenzy" in perfume, is very discreet. Jasmine and vanilla laid on a sandalwood base. This is a well made perfume. It has definitely that tropical beach accord but it's not a simple beachy cologne. It has sophistication in it.

All in all, A very good perfume that any woman can enjoy. A crowd pleaser for sure but a very good one. 7.5/10

Lexy656612
Lexy656612

This lasts for such a long time and even a couple of spritz can go a long way. It's a wonderful scent. But we expect nothing less from paco !! <3

Not a bad one, but it's all partial to the present perfumery situation. Olympea has a big, eye-catching bottle in the Paco Rabanne's style, that I feel it's a little similar to latest Versace: big bottles for so-so fragrances.
When seeing these testers, one is lead to think opulent bottle = opulent scent. This is quite wrong actually. It seems that brands want to impress the watcher, then you buy the bottle, then if the scent is just meh is all your problem.
Olympea is nothing great.
On first spray, when it's still wet you smell something pickling which I think it's the ginger part. I really like ginger in all its forms. It smells like gingered flower (any flower). Honestly the jasmin is not that great here, but I come from glorious jasmin perfumes (old Samsara, Jasminora...) and true oils, so I'm biased on that. It's your typical fresh synthetical jasmin. The feeling is summery and feminine.
Then the vanilla sets in and its quite nice. I didn't really smell salt. It's not a saline perfume. It probably adds some stuff to the whole blend.
Unfortunately the drydown, after more than one hour is the weak point, as usual. I believe that the era of great sandalwood-amber has come to an end since many years.
Olympea stayed on my skin for a few hours but gradually went to a sweetish misch-masch of any wood, not strong but annoying. It's similar to many modern ones, like Armani Sì.
So my personal thinking is: stop putting so much effort in bottles and make better perfumes.

Katyycat001
Katyycat001

Absouloutley love this scent, it has fresh vanilla wrapped around sexy woods. It is sweet and elegant, sometimes smells creamy but my mom loves this scent too so it is for any age young or old.

auroramaria

I got Olympea today at Sephora here in Italy.This is a very special fragrance indeed! On my skin it starts very acquatic but settles very soon into a very feminine salty seet scent.You get the feeling it is. vefy well composed. Great sillage and top longevity.Great one from Rabanne!

closetlikeboots
closetlikeboots

LOVE this scent. The very first time I tried on a tester strip it smelt very sweet but nice ( not a fan of sickly sweet scents). The 2nd time, I could pick up the wood which was nice. The 3rd time I sprayed it on myself and carried on shopping. Immediately I got a compliment and thought oh well I may as well buy. Since, I've had loads of compliments. Have to say it is my new signature scent. There have been only 2 other perfumes I received compliments on: the original Ghost and Kenzo Jeu D'amour and believe me my closet looks like Boots... Olympea I think beats them all, where I found something missing or not finishing the scent well with the others, this is PERFECT for me.

I love how it seems well rounded and the sweetness dries down to a warmth, mixed with wood yet clean freshness. Cannot pick up the individual notes of mandarin nor ginger but collectively they work well balanced out. I had no idea salt was one of the ingredients but I can smell something of it now after 30 mins of a spritz, and I guess mixed with the vanilla, brings the sweetness down a level, sinks into your sink and becomes a warm feminine 'body' scent.

The sillage and longevity is actually very very good.

LisaMari
LisaMari

Just smells like metallic baby powder to me

Scentmad
Scentmad

Initially, when I sprayed this, I was rather unimpressed. However, as many have already mentioned - if you wait a wee while the structure of an otherwise generic perfume comes forth and it's pretty good.

This starts out as a bit of a horror but calms down to a sweet (very sweet in fact but I like that), woody, musky, vanilla gourmand-y fragrance.

I don't get a lot of salt or green mandarin but that may be my skin more than the perfume. Not bad at all, very wearable and I can even forgive the obvious (and detestable) aqua note that lurks about in the background.

zalc
zalc

Ok...first and foremost this definitely does not smell like fish ....AT ALL!! Now everybody has their own opinion and is fully entitled to it and I am not for one second suggesting that everyone should like this fragrance Nor am I the type to get offended by a negative review on a fragrance that I like and wear, but I am on this occasion very very confused.I mean... FISH?? Really?? Err...I think maybe you had smelled something else or perhaps someone standing close to you had just had a tuna sandwich for their lunch?!I don't know what happened to be honest But this does not smell of fish. So ladies ( or gents), if you have just bought this fragrance, or you have been wearing this frag today you can rest assured that you have not been walking around all day smelling of a mackerel...I promise. BOB BOB lol

Now for what this does smell like :)

A gorgeous sweet syrupy fruit tart with vanilla custard and smooth creamy sandalwood with the tiniest hint of warm ginger. I don't really smell anything aquatic (certainly no fish), cant detect the jasmine either which is a shame because I really like jasmine :( And as for the salt, this note has always confused me because I don't really know what salt smells like :-/ maybe other people's noses are just a lot more sensitive than mine but ive got a tub full of salt in my kitchen and a jar of dead sea salt in my bathroom and neither smell of anything at all to me if im honest. For some reason this reminds me of just cavalli...I just checked on here and the notes are completely different but there is definitely something in this frag that reminds me of just cavalli. Anyway this is a very nice fruity gourmand scent that is in my opinion very inoffensive and easy to wear, the bottle is gorgeous and silage/longevity are very good, I get around 6-8 hours out of 3 sprays and two people have complimented me on my perfume today and both where standing a few feet away so I know this projects well :)

I love it :)

Sorry it isn't fishy or salty of oceanic in any way!! And the vanilla is discreet!! Just a wonderful feminine scent , warm and breezy at the same time..it needs time to open up, and it develops nicely ...my top scent, I am totally into it!! like vanilla on soft wood, with a hint of florals..I don't want readers to think this is a bad scent!!

Very sweet! I guess I can only smell vanilla. Mostly it's just sweet. And I like it a lot, it's pleasant and enjoyable. Not all fragrances with dominating vanilla note are so nice.
If I concentrate on the smell I sense some citrus notes and jasmine. Absolutely lovely fragrance.
I don't think I'm buying it any time soon, because there's so many great sweet perfumes in my "want list", but it's definitely worth a try.

TheCatsMother
TheCatsMother

I totally agree with 'Juicyassrose'. Yes indeed best to let it sit for at least 30 mins or so. I felt a bit ill when i sprayed it first, it felt a bit sickly, sweet, salty and something else i'm unsure what it was. I nearly scrubbed it off, but i left it and wow = it has dried down to a beautiful powdery, vanilla, flowery musk. It will need a few more wears before i decide if i shall buy. Overall not bad - its just a pity about the opening 30 minutes or so......

meama
meama

What is happening? P.Rabanne launches a good perfume! Everything happens today. At the opening there is a salty butter caramel effect which is very nice. The heart of the fragrance has in the overall effect a rendering of gardenia, very close to that one of Annick Goutal in A Matin d'Orage EDP. Gradually, as the jasmine fades, the gardenia morphs into a salty slightly fresh (ginger) vanilla who persists for hours.
The most beautiful part is the first half-hour but the base is just ok, quite identical to La Vie est Belle Absolu (from the same nose), easy without being vulgar, finally a Paco Rabane who not taking the customer for a cash cow.

Yes it opens up nicely, and smells wonderful! Everywhere I go , I get compliments!! It is in my views better than Lady Million, which was more linear, and more floral. In Olympea the notes are blended in like on top of each other...nicely done!!
The more I wear Olympea, the more I like it!!! I have always thought Paco Rabanne made interesting fragrances!!
I wouldn't call Olympea a floral oriental, more like a sweet floral maybe, it is actually hard to define!!

Juicyassrose
Juicyassrose

EVERYBODY!!...
... You must allow this to develop for 40-50 minutes!!
I know the top and heart notes are the most prominent, but I fell in love with the dry down of Olympéa when it released the soft cashmere wood note... So SMOOTH and creamy!! Such contrasts all the way through the fragrance.

Eira Sol
Eira Sol

I am not getting a full bottle of this... The opening is just so bitter on me! Maybe the ginger/mandarin combo.

It changes quite a lot - the aquatic vibe becomes present, and some vanilla, but I do not get a gourmand vibe. It smells woody and dry, with an aquatic citrus note (which is quite weird) and some sweetness, but not overly so. Olympea projects pretty well, and is quite fresh, sweet-vanillary and uplifting when it settles.

I hope others will find more pleasure in this than I did :) Great bottle!

Pepperflower
Pepperflower

An easy and inoffensive fragrance. Tangerine top turning quickly into candied ginger yielding eventually to the very sweet synthetic vanilla. Something about this reminds me of Kenzo Amour, for I smell faint rice notes in this. Maybe it's the vanilla, timid woods mixed with the "salt" note. I dont find this fragrance mind blowing, not for me...

lilymorena
lilymorena

I tryed this one today and I must say I have smel the same before. I couldn't say what came to my mind but I knew it was something I don't like very much. And yes E Saab Resort and also lady million eau my gold. The top is nice and sweet but this becomes bitter and smels like rot mandarin. The sillage and longevity is good and stays for about 4 hours, first a bit sharp, then sweet en then bitter. Maybe my skin but this smell also generic, nothing new or wow. Don't buy it blind.

Quite strange scent and it changes a lot while wearing. Top notes are very nice, energetic and powerful, but middle notes are very sweet due to intense vanilla. Base notes are weird, difficult to describe. All in all, it's quite likeable scent, but not for me.

First of all, the bottle is gorgeous! The top notes are definitely bright, like a big floral., the cashmere appears with the vanilla, and it makes for a wonderfully warm creation..I like the top notes, it has something unique, although it makes me think of a big scent, like a Boucheron, or a Givenchy, with something more...very pretty, in the drydown I detect the salty note, .feminine., grown up, attractive..my husband loves it, which is always a plus!!
I don't find it sweet,nor youngish, rather sophisticated, the vanilla is not like cake vanilla..It is kind of fresh, and airy, and warms up nicely in the base..
update: the more I wear it, the more I love it!!!
Glad to have it in my collection

saguna
saguna

I tried it today in Boots in London. The bottle amazed me, the tester had all the notes stated on the bottle in writing, funny.
Literally, it's another perfume that wants to hit the market like One Million. Many similar accents. The drydown is very similar. The opening is nice but not beautiful. Paco Rabanne, bring back masculine ENERGY , it was your best perfume !

Morgana LaMort
Morgana LaMort

So this is the female counterpart of Invictus...I can say already that it will be SO hated :D haha!
I tested it the past week on Sephora and to me it smells like Love Story by Chloé, with a hint of honey?/vanilla. Longevity is good and sillage really surprised me. Seems like we have a new Paco Rabanne best seller.

Angela Agiannidou
Angela Agiannidou

I tried this today on my lunch break (I know, mad.....). I was curious, well, it starts with a strong, gingery vanilla and mandarin, salty sweet if that makes any sense, with the cashmeran wood keeping everything smooth and elegant in the background. The jasmine note is well blended and aromatic. After the initial blast of vanilla the scent loses slightly its more gourmand phase and turns woody and spicy with the vanilla still present. Even though its gourmand aspect is too much for me I can objectively say that for those who love gourmand vanilla this can be a great choice. Another good point is that longevity and sillage are great.

x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x
x-x-x-ANGEL-x-x-x

This is so lovely. Salted caramel with whipped cream and citrus fruit is the only way I can describe this. Was originally going to get the more petite bottle, until I realised the petite bottle didn't have the rose gold details.

The bottle is incredibly pretty. If this fragrance was a dessert, I'd happily binge on that dessert all day long.

Bluemarinejosephine
Bluemarinejosephine

“Olympea” by Paco Rabanne - 27/07/2015

I tried "Olympea” yesterday, it has already marketed in the U.K.

Initially, when I saw the poster I confused it for “Eros” by Versace. I find that the marketing idea behind both fragrances is quite similar. The fragrance itself is a combination of “Si” by Giorgio Armani, “La Vie est Belle” by Lancome with a dash of “L’ eau d’ Issey” by Issey Miyake and I will explain exactly what I mean.

The fragrance opens almost in an identical way as "Si” by Giorgio Armani. It is sweet and sugary like (burnt) cotton candy. Soon after, a smoky note is introduced to the blend quite similar to the one in “La Vie est Belle” by Lancome (I am guessing it is the sandalwood) which tones down the overall sugary feel. The next prominent note is a fruity fresh one (I guess it is the mandarin and the jasmine) in an attempt to introduce to the fragrance a fruity vibe (maybe in an effort to distinguish it from the aforementioned two) however, this note does not work well with the overall blend because, what I do get is a slight feel of melon (although I know that it is not listed among the notes). The end result on my wrist is a heavy sweet yet orientallly moldy result which I do not enjoy.

I also would not consider it a summer fragrance. There is no happy, carefree vibe to this fragrance.

I have to admit that, in my view, the overall result is not one I am drawn to. I cannot classify it as a bad fragrance because it is not bad. But, it is not interesting either. Actually, it is pointless.

I completely agree with a previous reviewer, we have smelled variations of the same blend over and over again the last 3-4 years. "Olympea” has nothing new to add.

I would not purchase it for myself and even if I received it as a gift I believe that it would not be a fragrance that I would reach for often. I must admit that the bottle is decadently beautiful though. However, for me this is not a reason good enough to proceed with a purchase.

It is a generally... (hmmm)... okay fragrance but, I honestly do not find a reason to recommend it.

Enjoy the perfume quest.
Josephine.

P.S. The tackiness of the promotion ad is indescribable...

Babygia
Babygia

Beatiful,warm,beachy fragrance with delicious salt/vanilla . Fluffy,cloudy,sunny and very cheerful.
Yes,it is gourmandy and vanilla is strong ,but the watery-salty note make it not cloying.
This whole concept remind me of JPG Classique Intense mixed with CK Reveal,just softer and dreamier.
Moderate sillage and decent longevity.
Beatiful summer scent. Best Paco Rabanne for me- so far.

flowers-in-the-springtime
flowers-in-the-springtime

Sweet, unoriginal, pleasant enough, a crowd pleaser. I get a gourmand vibe from the vanilla but all in all its just another sweet, floral perfume created for the young market.

Curly Sherly
Curly Sherly

In the UK this perfume has been lounged a few weeks ago. Tried it at Debenhams and Boots :) - very strong (I do tend to like stronger perfumes), feminine, sweet, spicy and long lasting with good silage. I wouldn't say it's very original, smells synthetic to my nose.. Not my cup of tea unfortunately!

amazonia
amazonia

Well, I like it. I think this one is going to divide opinion judging by the amount of "dislikes" it's already received here and the fact it's the female version of Invictus which a lot of people seem to hate.

It's strange though because to me it's completely inoffensive, and the longer I wore it, the more I liked it.

I saw this on Fragrantica a few months ago and made a note to test it because I tend to enjoy Paco Rabanne's female fragrances (especially Black XS). I saw it a few days ago and had to have a spritz - on me it's pure vanilla for the most part, but with a salty undercurrent. The sandalwood and other woody base notes remind me of the beach - sort of like CK Reveal but nicer and less harsh. For people who want a beachy vibe but don't enjoy aquatics like Cool Water, this might be worth a shot.

I'll test a few more times but this is a definite potential purchase for me.