Designers » N-Q » Oriental Woody « Groups

Satori Parfum Satori for women and men
dislike

I have it: 13 I want it: 15

cinnamon

Satori by Parfum Satori is a Oriental Woody fragrance for women and men. Satori was launched in 2006. The nose behind this fragrance is Satori Osawa. Top notes are bergamot and coriander; middle notes are cinnamon, cloves, cacao pod and vanilla; base notes are kyara incense (olibanum), sandalwood, oakmoss and agarwood (oud).

Bergamot Coriander

Cinnamon Cloves Cacao Pod Vanilla

Kyara Incense (olibanum) Sandalwood Oakmoss Agarwood (Oud)

Satori Fragrance Reviews

Amazing. It is beautiful. In summer, hot season, it was Handsome scent for me. But cold season, it is very warm and soft. Not so strong from the start and the scent lasts to the end. Very nice to wear. I love this.

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

Dry, spicy woody notes fused with a subtle citrus for a discriminating Japanese taste. Each note, from the sandalwood and oud, to the bergamot is blended for perfect harmony and perfect effect. Like the exquisite movements at a ritualized tea ceremony, the fragrance seamlessly moves through transitions. Each quietly eloquent, bespeaking superlative talent of the perfumer.

Words seem crude when describing such an elegant masterpiece. So refined, so delicate . . . time slows and you find yourself in a place of surreal beauty where art and nature join.

Calvini

"The Agar wood...rises straight up from the incense burner. This perfume has preciously locked up the Zen sense of Japanese beauty."
So true! Sooo TRUE!!

I finally got to try it! and what an experience!!
This is very different from the oud we're used to now; not European, Southeast Asian, or Middle Eastern, but specifically Japanese. It's about Kodo, the act, the feeling, and the scent it evokes. The fragrance captures the smell of a room filled with aromas of a heated (and seasoned) Kyara chip (which is something I've always dreamt to do); I can picture myself "listening" to the fragrance with the masters, detecting all 5 facets--some stronger than others (especially spiciness & saltiness), but they're all part of this harmony.
The theme actually suggests it's more of an incense fragrance than an oud one; with that understanding, you shouldn't overlook this gem and instead appreciate its complexity! It literally smells so good that I want to sleep in it and wake up to it!

Calvini

"Kyara...the highest quality agarwood, is known to have five tastes... I have expressed the five tastes by blending cinnamon and clove for spiciness, cacao for bitterness, and vanilla for sweetness. Sourness and saltiness was added with a delicate amount of bitter orange, oak tree, moss, and cypress... These five tastes are unified by...sandalwood and frankincense, bringing out gentleness and warmth."

I want it sooo bad x(

cirmok
cirmok

A true gem.

Timeless and unique.

All the notes I love in one bottle.

The fragrance changes smoothly as time passes, no clear cut between the notes. No sweetness in spite of the vanilla, but still warm because of the base notes. Spicy without being sharp. Fresh and dark at the same time, the oud is absolutely there, but fortunately doesn't get smoky tones.
Serious, but not overpowering or heady.
Attractive, erotic even, without being seductive.

Being a woman (38), I use it when I need to focus and/or want to feel feminine without getting flirty: meetings, conference, theatre. Goes better with white shirt or black dress than with jeans.

It is supposed to be unisex, and in this case, I guess it might be true.

It somehow cleans my mind and makes me feel professional in a feminine way.

I travelled with this scent, and I found it performs better in humid climate than in the drier continental air. (Maybe the oak moss?)

Longevity is shorter, sillage is softer than you would think. Some might think it is not a good thing, especially considering the price (16.000 JPY excl. tax), but I feel it is exactly because it comes from the Japanese concept of fragrance: the first rule that it shouldn't offense others. Maintaining group harmony by not overpowering the air. And instead of longevity, again, Japanese value appreciating the fleeting moment, the disappearance.

The bottle design is simple yet elegant.

A couple of years ago I visited Ms. Satori's shop in Tokyo. It is a charming and tiny shop, and she told stories of her fragrances, and showed me how she created the perfumes. It was a great experience, absolutely recommended, if you have a chance.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Parfum Satori Satori fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Parfum Satori Satori, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Satori by Parfum Satori. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Satori by Parfum Satori represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.

Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Bel Respiro Chanel Les Exclusifs de Chanel Sycomore Parfum Satori Iris Homme Maitre Parfumeur et Gantier Ambre Precieux Parfum Satori Sakura Serge Lutens Chergui Guerlain Jicky Aramis Perfume Calligraphy Rose Comme des Garcons Comme des Garcons Series 3 Incense: Avignon Rania J Ambre Loup Ralph Lauren Portrait of New York - Vetiver Chanel Sycomore Eau de Parfum Hermes Hermessence Epice Marine Christian Dior La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Vetiver Guerlain French Kiss Hermes Cuir d`Ange Slumberhouse Ore Yves Saint Laurent M7 The Vagabond Prince Enchanted Forest Gucci Gucci pour Homme