Designers » N-Q » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Blenheim Bouquet Penhaligon`s for men

Blenheim Bouquet Penhaligon`s for men
dislike

Blenheim Bouquet Penhaligon`s for men Pictures

Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon`s is a Citrus Aromatic fragrance for men. Blenheim Bouquet was launched in 1902. Top notes are lavender, amalfi lemon and lime; base notes are musk, pine and black pepper.

Lavender Amalfi Lemon Lime

Musk Pine Black Pepper

La Collection Couturier Parfumeur Granville
Oranges and Lemons Say The Bells of St. Clements

Blenheim Bouquet Fragrance Reviews

vinyl_junky
vinyl_junky

I love citrus aromatics, and I love Penhaligon's, but this just didn't work for me. The citrus-lavender-pine combination here just doesn't work.

The opening is beautiful, with citrus and lavender notes, and you think "Ah, what a lovely eau de cologne!". That's when it starts to go downhill, and the pine kicks in. The pine stays throughout the drydown, and is positively noxious. The best way I can describe this is an eau de cologne trying to be a fougere, and failing miserably.

I get weak longevity (2 hours, tops) with moderate sillage. If I bother wearing it at all, that is.

wesleyhclark
wesleyhclark

Oh, this is VERY nice. It may be the best citrus scent I have ever smelled. Anyway, it's up well there. I want a bottle!

rosesbecomeme
rosesbecomeme

A beautiful citrus with a twist of laveander.It is unisex in my opinion.

davide2111
davide2111

Amo questo genere di fragranze ma questo Penhaligon's non è stato niente di eccezionale come mi sarei aspettato, sicuramente a mio parere l'errore è stato compiuto nella testa con il limone cui la contemporanea aggiunta di LIME in maniera copiosa ha reso "il volo del profumo" qualcosa di talmente pungente da far chiudere occhi e naso! Più prodotti di questo genero sento più cresce in me la convinzione che: i limoni, il lime, il bergamotto non devono essere mescolati in una fragranza i loro oli essenziali devono essere assoluti, portano con sè già un elevato potere acido da non avere bisogno di sovrapposizioni. Mentre arance, clementine, mandarini etc etc essendo più dolci possono essere messi contemporaneamente. Comunque appena spruzzato è per almeno la prima ora è uguale a " Oranges and Lemons Say The Bells of St. Clements James Heeley ", altro prodotto che non mi aveva fatto impazzire. Purtroppo per me che sono amante del genere agrumato-citrico questo prodotto per quanto discreto non ha soddisfatto le mie aspettative peccato!
Profumo 6,5/10
Longevità 7,5/10
Sillage 7/10

fuggerone
fuggerone

the main problem with this scent is duration and projection but if you go heavy with the sprayer you get a blast of lemon and musky woods, this scent was Winston Churchill signature scent..originally made for the Duke Of Marlborough, back int the day this gem must have been a pure blast of classiness, with today restrictions it's a tamed beast.
The architecture of the scent is very retro but it exudes classiness! I got some serious compliments from ladies!

spartan
spartan

I was surprised by this..Smells Exactly like Acqua di Selva...Exactly!! Also smells like Pino... Its good but for the $$ I will wear the Acqua di Selva.
Hard to belive this came out over 100 years ago! Men were men.. No Fem scent here....

Kharnak Rex
Kharnak Rex

Fresh bright lemon zest oil. Sweet pine hidden in the back. This isn't the candy like lemon from pine sol, it's a very rich oily kind of lemon.
there are many similar ones out there, like this body spray... it's meant to be worn with a leather jacket, to mix with your own scents.

Rather simplistic, but well done, natural smelling. Kinda reminds me of a much sweeter Lemony version of Pino Silvestre.

Longevity: kinda ok
Sillage: modest

Angeldaisy
Angeldaisy

i tested this cologne today and i got lots of lemons, a dash of lime.
herbal lemons.
herbal lemons with plasticine and paper.
then finally, plasticine and ink.
then the smell of a wooden kitchen chopping board that could do with a wash (it's been used to chop those lemons, but earlier in the day for other culinary choppings for that chicken marinade).
lemons begin to smell like they have been cut and left out on said damp wooden chopping board after a party on a hot summers eve.
when i was a silly teenager, i put lemon juice in my hair on holiday, having been told it would bleach it in the sun. it didn't. and after a day in the Greek sun, those lemons were far from zesty.
why is it called bouquet?
my nose can barely smell the lavender. and Penhaligon's are never usually shy on the lavender front, not with their perfumes i have with that note.
i am seeking out the pepper listed and it does have an exceedingly feint white ground pepper in there, like the pepper pots on the tables at school dinners. ground a year previously and left out in the open for months (no kid uses pepper, other than for pranks).
This is most definitely more man-some than lady-like.
i like wearing citrus colognes, for their fresh transparency. this is not a smell i would enjoy wearing. the sprayer smells like divine spicy lemons, but the moment it hits warm skin, it sort of disintegrates.
sillage is small, but longevity as skin scent was 6-8 hours.
PS i love my Penhaligon's collection, so this was a complete surprise to me.

MDL77
MDL77

Here's the thing, I really, really wanted to like at least one thing from Penhaligon's, but I don't, my range goes to mildly disliking to finding some repulsive. I find Blenheim Bouquet loud and invasive. Like in most of their fragrances, there's at least always one ingredient I can never identify lingering making the scents loud and rather inexpensive smelling. I guess what I'm trying to say is that while they would smell wonderful, there's one or a few ingredients they use that makes them smell inexpensive and like there's a lingering hidden odor, if those ingredients that repeat themselves in almost all their fragrances weren't there, most would be great fragrances. In Bouquets case, I find it harsh, acidic and unbalanced, very intrusive and taking all the bad qualities of each scent and exalting them, instead of the good qualities of each ingredient, and this is one of the many that has that ingredient I can't pinpoint but I always detect and that I find disagreeable.

Olgarth
Olgarth

This starts off as a salty lemon smell. After a few minutes, it turns into the smell of dry pine sawdust with no sweetness, and nothing else.

Urghh.

A more appropriate name for this in my opinion would be 'Workshop Bouquet'.

Juniper1
Juniper1

Nice, refreshing and classic. The magical interaction between pepper and citrus generates an amazing ginger-like scent, and ginger happens to be my favorite spice. I always picture an old-fashioned British gentleman when I smell it, but I know it actually suits a clean and tidy young man with casual clothing quite well because I've already got a lot of compliments from it:)

Something disgustingly awesome that I found about Blenheim Bouquet is that when it's on a sweat-soaked T-shirt in a burning hot day, the mingled scent smells just SEXY AS HELL!!! Literally , I want to kiss myself.

Longevity is so poor. Penhaligon's really should work harder on their longevity issue though I don't think they will.

buddhattitude
buddhattitude

I just adore this scent! Why so disappointing performance on my skin though - close to skin from the very beginning and evaporating within 3h :(

Lambda
Lambda

Two sprays on my arm, at sunset in spring:
starts with a great combination of lime, lemon and lavender, then goes into a "pine mode".

In my opinion, Blenheim Bouquet has one of the greatest, most beautiful and uplifting openings I've ever tried. Pine feels very realistic.

freewheelingvagabond
freewheelingvagabond

It's fascinating to think that Blenheim Bouquet first came out over a hundred years ago.

I find it primarily to be a piney citrus fragrance. It is mildly spiced, and soft but resilient. The initial opening is lemony, and soon the pine comes through. Thereafter it stays the same on skin till fading away. It's not the invigorating citrus one seeks in summer; rather it's the quietly uplifting citrus that one sometimes longs for in the cold.

I do not find it herbal, stark, bitter, sour or astringent - it is very well balanced. It's more dry, austere and reserved, and more refined than elegant. It's conservative - in a good way. It's gentlemanly, subtle and assured. And yes, it's very British in style.

I imagine this is what the more gentlemanly characters in Hitchcock films would have smelled like, before Hitchcock went Hollywood. It has an undeniable old world charm, but is still relevant.

It's a skin scent, but it's meant to be. Low sillage and average longevity on skin. But it's satisfying. Use the EdT together with the entire range of grooming products. Strictly for gentlemen.

My only little gripe is about the ingredients. If the quality were dialed up a notch or two, this would have been most excellent.

3.5/5 (thumbs up)

P.S.

1. Anyone looking for something similar but with a little more flesh should look at Dior Granville. Another pointer that Blenheim Bouquet is not out of time or place.

2. Do yourself a favour - kindly read the review of Blenheim Bouquet on Fragrantica by le mouchoir de monsieur. :)

SauvageHound
SauvageHound

Classic, lovely, and refined, Blenheim Bouquet is citrus artfully wed to lavender, with depth added by pepper and beautiful pine. It is simple, lasting, elegant, and uplifting. This truly extraordinary fragrance is worth seeking out. It is my signature scent.

I obtained a sample as a newbie and it struck me as too harsh, in an industrial cleaning product kind of way. Several years later I decided to try it again, and this time I was able to appreciate the drydown and complexity of this. The lavender is of the dry/herbal variety, and doesn't seem to stand out, as if often the case with this note. It's not obviously woody, as in a specific wood, but instead this is a great example of a very good composition. There does seem to be something like a touch of tonka/benzoin/whatever softening this up every so slightly, though it's not listed. It strikes me as a formal, warm weather scent, but I'd only suggest being concerned about this scent in a romantic or party social situation (though I think it would be fine for an office party at Christmas time).

Karma-Shave
Karma-Shave

At first I didn't care too much for this scent, but because of the bottle design I kept reaching for it. I have since finished the bottle and am now contemplating on replacing it as this has very much grown on me.

I would say that Blenheim Bouquet is not a young man scent but something for the more mature and distinguished gent, (40+). I have received good feedback from the ladies, again mostly from the 40+ age group.

On first application the scent is bright with a lemon and lime citrus note which I find very invigorating, especially after a wet shave. Dry down approaches rather quickly, (30 minutes or so) leaving a rather uplifting and balanced combination of citrus infused with a peppery lavender.

Both longevity and projection are above average with my skin chemistry, which is important.

I would certainly encourage gents to try this, like me you maybe pleasantly won over!

Jamiljames
Jamiljames

It took me a long time to appreciate Blenheim Bouquet as a fragrance. The lemon and lime smell great. I guess the issue is that this has a slightly more formal smell to it. Its a very British scent. There are two very obvious stages. The first is the citrus and Lavendar. The second is the more fern like base. Perhaps the issue is with this fragrance is that it is slightly limited in who can wear it well. I have found young people do not appreciate the smell. Personally I have grown a liking to it and enjoy wearing it occasionaly. It's a fragrance that can be applied heavily or very lightly. It's a relatively subtle fragrance and in my opinion does not project greatly

racb
racb

I can't pinpoint how I feel about this.

Massive burst of lemons which then almost completely disappears, leaving something mossy, tangy and slightly antiseptic. I think it might be a grower though. I will keep trying and see if I can isolate this one.

Complicated.

ddadam
ddadam

This turned out a total mess on the skin. From a distance the citrus is ok-ish, but upclose the pine-pepper stuff is indeed industrial type. I really cant imagine this being used on a daily base. I think this is better done in Creed Original Vetiver.

lucadantegabriel
lucadantegabriel

agrumi, lavanda, pino... un classico esempio di come la semplicità possa portare ad un bouquet in modo altrettanto complesso rispetto alla profumeria moderna. E' un profumo di un altro secolo, che va contestualizzato. Il suo obbiettivo era forse più simile al sanificare, dare una nota di "pulito" al viso di un fumatore. Ed è questo che spicca, un senso di pulito.

Un pulito non banale, un pulito molto complesso e articolato, diverso dai classici splash agrumati che nelle note di testa sembrano avere più somiglianza con un detersivo per piatti che con una istituzione profumiera.

ver jaina
ver jaina

Im a woman & i liked this, in fact i prefer the gentlemen perfumes more from the ladies one with this house. Bought a 50ml edt & shower gel set in a collector's tin.

Noirdesire
Noirdesire

The new reformulation unfortunately smells nothing like the original. To me it smells like paint. Disappointing.

orestes
orestes

Sorry but this fragrance created in 1902 and boucheron pour homme in 1991! So,if you think that this fragrances are the same,boucheron are copy...

Redbeard
Redbeard

Starts out as a decent lemony eau de cologne with some sharpness like Wellington. It becomes way too sour and then dry, with herbals that make me envision something used to season fish entrees (oregano?). I don't mind such herbalness per se, but the dry acridness of this mix could be confused with BO because nobody who encounters you will be expecting you to smell like Italian Seasonings. Other than that, I respect how they've accomplished this unique dried grass/herb/shrub smell. In the end, I like it more than I thought I would...probably the Penhaligon's that I'd most likely wear.

Mohd6220
Mohd6220

This is my signature perfume

ParfumFetiche
ParfumFetiche

This review is based on a decant. Opening is a burst of sharp citruses, which consists of lemon and lime with a touch of musk. It calms and dries down quickly with below average projection and longevity on my skin.

avalon88
avalon88

Late afternoon at the “costiera amalfitana” looking at the sea and Blenheim bouquet giving the essence along with the perfume of the nature elements.

sheri.patterson
sheri.patterson

My Grandpa wore this. Perfect warm manly smell. Comforting.

400blows
400blows

First whiff before applying; smoke. Almost coal-tar. I'm reminded of the washing of hands with coal tar soap in luke-cool to cold water at sunrise in winter on a farm in the British Isles, and the city winter pall anywhere in the British Isles when I was there.
Or the coppicing of the willows and the smouldering of the charcoal under the mounds.
It is absolutely nostalgic. Rigour and austerity were once paradoxically comforting things. You knew the routine and stuck to it and as a reward you got beautiful memories of white frosts, misty sunrises, iced puddles, porridge with brown sugar and cream donated by the cow that morning, the institutional pot belly stove and gruff but kind leaders of the uniformed, scouting sort. A bit like Moonrise Kingdom with less eccentricity and more ordinary fun. No element of Catch 22 at all. Serious, familiar goodness.

Much later... There is something simple and sweet in the dry down. Coming to an ID, the imagination was whisked into a memory of cake baking. I think it's the type of vanilla they call 'extract' where it's mixed with alcohol in the tiny bottles.

Layton S
Layton S

I tied the perfume and the deoderant. I wasn't a big fan of the perfume, on me I got a huge blast of lemon in the begining which eventually almost completely faded to just a woody musky cedar like scent. I am however really enjoying the deoderant. The lemon is prevalant at first but it quickly balances out with the pine/pepper creating a very nice spicy fresh smell. As I'm not a big fan of the sporty fragrances this will probably be the only deoderant I buy from now on.

pinktojen
pinktojen

I first smelled penhaligons in a hotel in NYC - a boutique hotel called The Carlton. Their house toiletry scent was Quercus. I could not get enough of it. When I looked up penhaligons and read all the descriptions and decide I must have the entire line.

When I went on a business trip to Vegas where there was a Penhaligons boutique in one of the hotels. I remember trying on every single scent, being overwhelmed, and then deciding blindly that I was going to buy this one for my boy friend at the time (husband to be).

I was terrified that it would smell horrible on him…but it didnt. I was quite struck when he first wore it. He has a warmer type of body scent which mixed with the smoky woods and citrus altogether smells like home to me.
it smells like man and culture. Someone wearing this has a soul and you can have a conversation with him. He's going to write you a letter not just send texts. He will remember when you love a piece a of jewelry and it eventually shows up on your birthday. He will surprise you with a new bottle of serge lutens when you get back from a long business trip.

The man wearing this is above money, insecurities and lust.

Errol the Flynn
Errol the Flynn

This is simply a classic Gentleman's aftershave. Imagine the typical London Gentlemen's club filled with upper class men smoking fine cigars whilst sat on old leather chairs and you have found Blenhiem Bouquet. The Fragrance starts off with a very citrus/lemon note and then as if by magic turns into a stunning incense smell not unlike the burning incense you find in a Church. In the background the citrus smell still sits there, but the dominance of the incense overrides the lemons etc and makes this scent just amazing. On a cold Winters day it just emanates class. It is no wonder the like of Winston Churchill and Prince William have used this fragrance. Penhaligon offer a true classic fit for a Prince and a Prime Minister.

I'm not surprised the notes in this rhyme...

Lavender, Lemon and Lime,
Pepper, Musk and Pine.

It strikes a great balance similar to all the Penhaligon's I've sniffed out. Perfectly natural sharp citrus of Lemon and Lime(you can really smell both) with calming Lavender. The drydown yields a little pepper and gentle musk.
My only criticism is that the combination of top notes give this a cleaning product type of vibe and I'm not one who usually says that about overly lemony or lavender fragrances because it's too easy to go there.
At the end of the day I like and accurate citrus also love lavender and I like the subtle pinch of pepper, just works.
This still has an elegance about it, Penhaligon's just pulls it off and Blenheim Bouquet has a clean feel but it's not the best offering from them although inoffensive and wearable.

aussiecrew
aussiecrew

'Penny Lane Penny Lane there is a barber showing photographs of every head he's had the pleasure to have known and all the people that come and go stop and say hello' by Paul McCartney captures the image of a London Barber and Blenheim Bouquet is the smell of a gentleman after he is well groomed and ready for action and adventure in the high seas. Fresh, invigorating, sparkly for the mature male with a sense of egotism for the finer things in life much like the Duke of Marlborough from Blenheim Castle whom it was made for. A right royal star I say o'chap!

Svezzy
Svezzy

the best comment i had wearing this was "you don't smell perfume..you smell good"

surfergirlpuppy
surfergirlpuppy

I bought this and the shaving soap for the man in my life. It's simply amazing to walk in and smell this when he's shaving and spritzing. This is the most happy pleasant scent of peppery limes. I think I love it more than he does. I actually can't wash my hands in his bathroom without sneaking a sniff from the bottle. It smells super expensive and classy.

Magie Noir
Magie Noir

Excellent scent. You can feel the Victorian Era. There is this different type of magic when you wear it.

It reminds me of my time spent on East London streets on a sunny December morning. As malcner said, it is great for cold weather too. For the classic gentleman that wears orange tie and and red socks with blue moccasins.

Silage is bellow moderate, while longevity is 3.5hrs if you spray several times one after another.

malcner
malcner

When I first smelled the bottle I thought; "hmm lemon sherbet...not for me". Then I got a sample and tried a bit on my wrist and thought; "actually, it might be good for summer, but I probably won't buy it".
However, the other day I thought I'd try a different fragrance to work and I wore it out for the first time.....wow. I finally get it and love it!
It's a particularly cold spring here in Scotland just now (about 3 degrees C on a good day!) and this fragrance goes perfectly with those cold, crisp and sunny mornings.
I always thought of this as a summer fragrance, but it's the perfect scent for this time of year and the low temperature.
I like to think that the obvious lemon note is like the sunshine, but the dry down brings a darker, spicier depth with strong incense throughout, making it very warm and comforting, especially during the cold mornings. Perfect. I work outdoors and smelling this all day lifts my spirits and puts me in a good mood. Like all the Penhaligon's, this just smells classy and well put together. It may not be particularly complex (although it is more complex than you first think, so give it a chance) but even the simple Penhaligon's just ooze elegance and class. There's not much more here than sherbet-y lemons, incense and a bit of musk and pine, but it's so nice! I'll be buying a full bottle next week!
The only negative, as with a lot of Penhaligon's, is the longevity...not the best, about 3 to 4 hours on me. Projection is not too great either, but I think it suitable for this type of fragrance. You can smell it within a few feet which is fine, but the dry down is very close to the skin, so a spray top would be best in order to really get a good coverage.

evesoho
evesoho

Le Mouchoir de Monsieur, thank you so much for telling your story. I'm moved to tears.

williamvargas
williamvargas

one amazing citrus scent, beautiful aroma, bottle worthy for me. such a fresh clean nice fragrance for a man to wear, got my sample today and it is just put a smile on my face,a signature worthy fragrance. a tad bit sour at first but calms down quickly...very nice citrus snap not a sweet scent to my nose but masculine.... two thumbs way way up...!!cannot stop sniffing this one..will be placing my order soon!

hunterblu
hunterblu

The review below has the distinct privilege of being the first ever fragrance review to actually make me cry.

Thank you for sharing that with all of us.

le mouchoir de monsieur
le mouchoir de monsieur

No one had any idea the beautiful morning of September 11th, 2001 would turn to soot and misery before noon. I remember crossing 5th avenue at around 8:30am, and thinking that a more glorious morning could not be conceived: It was crisp, clear....the temperature was perfect. I wore a brown suit, a white shirt, and a solid red neck tie: I've never been one for novelties and prints. I could smell the lavender wafting up from my linen, as I sped up the lift to the 34th floor. By 9:30 all was mayhem. People were screaming. Then the second plane hit and the phones went dead. We were captive on East 49th street: Building security would not let us leave. Finally, by four in the afternoon, if we signed a waiver, we could go--and so I did. For three days Manhattan shut down, and most everyone stayed in their apartments. There was hardly any traffic on the streets, and very little noise. Many had unexpected guests who lived below Canal Street. Myself, I was alone, and sat in the quiet without television nor radio, internet access or phone service. It took me hours of concentrated effort to tape up the windows, as was suggested, along with air-ducts and door cracks. From that day on, all of New York City smelled like a backyard barbecue. "Ground Zero" smoked and gushed for months and months. A full year later it still smoked. Life just smelled of smoke, and loss: Every day for eight months I walked through funerals on Fifth Avenue: Huge ones--for all of the servicemen who lost their lives. They tend to put on quite a huge pageant in these instances. People didn't speak much at first. The clubs were full: Everyone kept drinking...but there just wasn't a great deal of talking. I, for the first time in my life, found that I couldn't wear perfume. Not only was I convinced my unwavering habit was unfit for such a gloomy time, nothing at all about it seemed alluring or necessary. Three weeks in to the New Era of Austerity and I gave in to a sudden urge to splash myself in signature brew, only to burst into tears as soon as I smelled it swirling around me. I would have to find a new one. In those days, there was a beautiful replica, all in wood paneling, of the Penhaligon's shop in London on the ground floor of Saks Fifth Avenue. I had fond memories of "English Fern," so I went there to ask which of their fragrances could be considered the driest, least frivolous, and, more importantly, which would accommodate this stench of smoke that would not go away. The host of the Penhaligon's boutique was an Englishman, as is fitting. I remember he looked me straight in the eye across his spectacles, and through them I could see his eyes becoming glassy. "This might do," he said. And with that remark I was handed a mouillete sprayed in Blenheim Bouquet. The numbness that lingered all over New York for months did not encourage any sort of enthusiasm, so I just gave it a brief whiff: It smelled of wood smoke, like everything else, with a bit of pine and lemon. "Perfect. The largest size you have please, in an eau de toilette." "We have a 500ml" -"That will be fine. I'm sure I'll enjoy it. Thank you." Though I can't say I did in fact enjoy it, I used the entire 500ml decanter to the last drop. Its severity and seriousness was very precisely suited to the broken spirits of all and sundry: Encouraging to those who "kept calm, and carried on." It took me a year to empty the bottle: When that year was past, New York still smelled like smoke, and so did everything and everyone, except none of us noticed it any longer: We'd all grown accustomed to it. Faced with an empty bottle of Blenheim Bouquet, I again tried my own signature scent, which had lain forgotten in drawers and cabinets, and still, it wasn't right: Too French. Too romantic. I can't smell like this, I thought, and that's when I knew: Sitting at my dressing table with an enormous empty bottle looking in the mirror I saw it in my eyes. Something was just over. One month later, I left. I left New York. I moved away. I still have the empty bottle of Blenheim Bouquet, and every year, on September 11th, I uncork it and give it a whiff. Every year, my thoughts vary...I remember odd things: How people who had lost love ones would burn candles in their windows...all of the "Missing" photocopy signs pasted all over every surface that nobody ever had the courage to remove, so they just disintegrated over time, while we walked by them, day in, day out, and watched. This year, I thought of how beautiful the morning was, and marveled at how that September would be the very last one like it: The beauty of innocence and the thrill and promise of early Fall in New York City, where everything was possible. None of that ever came back the way it was. But Blenheim Bouquet hasn't changed: A kind of therapy. Some days I would get out of bed only because I knew I would have my moment with it. I would look forward to rubbing it all over my chest, because when I did, invariably I would think that at least something was beautiful...and unchanged...and just that little bit of courage, a hint of hope that certain things endure, very often got me through the day. September 11th, 2011

sbhammer73
sbhammer73

When I bought this, I thought I was buying a citrus fragrance and yes, the top notes are definitely heavily citrusy but the drydown was pepper'ish and the citrus disappeared, which was very disappointing, to me...and not a sharp pepper a la Poivre Samarcande by Hermes or Poivre 23 by Le Labo, but a very "gawky" pepper...Not buying a second bottle for sure! BTW, I love Penhaligon as a frag house and my favorites are Douro, Extract of Limes and Castile but Blenheim is nowhere close to being in this league of legends !!!

Jillzilla
Jillzilla

This fragrance is amazing! On me, it opens with a very green citrus note...lemon and a little pine. There are moments when I feel I can also smell thyme. As it dries down, the lemon becomes less green and really takes center-stage. I do not specifically pick up any of the lavender on my skin. The base is just gorgeous to me, and a bit masculine with warm, musky woody notes.

I find this to be a slightly masculine unisex scent. It's invigorating and uplifting in the beginning, and comforting and subtle in the end.

Thumbs up Penhaligon!! This should be marketed as unisex!

adrienn99
adrienn99

at first i was quite scared by the blunt lemon opening... ugh and that herby upbeat...so i found it too crude and washed it off.

now 30 minutes later i am sniffing for the source of a very pleasing aroma and it is my wrist with Blenheim bouquet.

Very surprising - never been a fan neither to lemon nor lavander but this musky woody mix is very nice, gives a very clean classy feel. Although it is a little cold but very well done.

PiggyB
PiggyB

When I sniff this, unusual and complicated emotion comes up and runs through my body.
I like lavender and citrus on the top.
I feel I am soaked in cold deep sea water in the darkness.
I was trying to swim and crawl, I reached the surface of the sea water finally by somehow, but the air I could breathe was filled by grey smoke regrettably.
I appreciate this fragrance is listed as a gentlemannish item and still popular, although it is old fashioned.
Someday I want to put some good memories to this fragrance, still soreness in it.

But you’re all I need, my Dearest.

olblueyez
olblueyez

This is the best smelling stuff in the world for me. The soap is amazing and the cologne is my all time favorite.

I wish more Women would wear this and others like it. I am so sick of flowery over ripe, sickening sweet, garbage they put out these days. For men and women alike.

LADIES, please get some woody scents and bathe in them,,!!!

Penhaligons never disappoints. I expected (like sherapop) to find a manly floral scent; perhaps lavender, geranium and some violet with touches of chamomile and/or gentle sage...

This is built around a lovely spicy lavender, but is much more a clean manly cologne than a floral one. The clear, crisp lemon note is very straight forward and blends with the lavender in a sheer and airy way. I, too, get a peppery scent that dominates the heart, at least at first. This gives way to an herbal note that reminds one of spring meadows and fresh growing mint. The drydown is woody, albeit a hint of sweet woods. The musk is sheer and very dry. All in all, this is (like many other Penhaligons) the epitome of sparse but luxurious British elegance.

Sillage: fair to good
Longevity: very good
Overall: 4/5

The scents from this House are subtle; there are dominant notes for sure, but they are so well blended with obviously natural components that some, used to more mainstream synthetic constructs, may call them "weak". They are not; as they have unbelievable longevity for such seemingly light scents. I touched a 3ml vial opening tight against my hand and inverted it to put an amount far less than one spray on the skin, and over an hour later it is plainly there and smells great, without putting my nose right over it. Penhaligons is well worth the medium-high prices they fetch...quality seldom, if ever, comes cheap.

buckeye_pi
buckeye_pi

I don't ever remember being this disappointed in anything this highly rated. I got a sample at Saks in NYC and I literally gagged when I applied to my wrist. This was like spilling cheap pepper on my hand. I waited and waited but the dammed smell wouldn't go away (i guess at least it has good staying power.)
I went to work hoping that nobody would mention it BUT if they did I was prepared to blame it on "the kid at Subway that spilled pepper all over me."
Overpowering smell of pepper-what a disappointment!!!!

Whoops: I had thought that I was going to be reviewing a feminine floral perfume today, but Penhaligon BLENHEIM BOUQUET led me instead to another pleasant journey through fields of lavender!

BLENHEIM BOUQUET is a high quality universal (unisex) fragrance with more lemon than lavender, and far more wood than either of those notes. The mystery "woody notes" smell to me like a cross between sawdust and vetiver. There is just a touch of darkness in the drydown, which has good longevity. The opening is not brashly aromatic, so this high-quality composition will work well year round.

BLENHEIM BOUQUET reminds me of a couple of the Creed universal fragrances--the ones without the Creed water base. Good ingredients and measured application rather than mindboggling originality are the key to these pleasing creations, it seems to me.

love_to_death_9
love_to_death_9

tooo much lemon,tooooo much!!!!
Thedry down is woody and nice though.There is nothing sweet in it.It can be worn by women too.It reminds of Cabaret by Gres in the dry down...on my skin

sky76sky
sky76sky

It is hard to believe that this fragrance is over a hundred years old! A very simple yet intriguing fragrance.

Like Jessmoberry, I find BB distinctly unisex, especially whilst in its opening stages. At first it smells fresh: a tiny touch of lavender with a quiet citrus crush, but it quickly develops into a warm, thick scent.

Although jasmine & saffron are not present in the mix there is the same thick sweetness with a faint metallic twang that is present in many jasmine/saffron scents I have sampled only here the sugar level is low, deep & dry. How strange!

The fragrance has no heart notes so when BB opens out into the base notes its masculine side develops - warm, dry & woody. This creates an almost leathery stage where the musk, woods & lemon combine. Within half an hour the woods are the dominant note - with a dusting of black pepper.

To me it smells a little like old stationary sets locked away in a beeswax-polished writing desk. There is also the not-unpleasant cardboard smell Jessmoberry mentions & I detect Basildon-Bond envelope gum & quink ink.

It is not a particularly lasting fragrance, nor does it leave a trail, but when mixed with Penhaligon's ultra-feminine, clear & light Elisabethan Rose scent a truely unique masterpiece is created with plenty of depth & dynamics.

Penhaligon's scents really lend themselves to layering & their high quality ingredients mean that there are very few that are sickly or likely to induce headaches. This is likely to be a very costly discovery!

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Blenheim Bouquet fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Blenheim Bouquet, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Blenheim Bouquet by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.