Designers » N-Q » Citrus Aromatic « Groups

Eau de Verveine Penhaligon`s for women and men

Eau de Verveine Penhaligon`s for women and men
dislike

Eau de Verveine Penhaligon`s for women and men Pictures

Eau de Verveine was originally launched in 1949, and re-launched in 2009 as a part of the Anthology collection. Top notes: lime, lemon, petit grain, bergamot, coriander and clary sage. Heart: lavender and clove. Base: musk, vanilla and cedar. Available as EDT.

Petitgrain Coriander Bergamot Amalfi Lemon Lime Clary Sage

Lavender Clove

Musk Virginia Cedar Vanille

Eau de Verveine Fragrance Reviews

randy.devost1
randy.devost1

This is Pino Sylvestre on crack vervain.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Very lovely aromatic scent. Apart from the pencil shavings, it reminds me of 'pottery class' (dirty and earthy smell of clay.....sage) and my mother's aromatic herbal bed that she sent me to as a kid to get her the kitchen herbs for her lovely casseroles and other cooking delights.

Earthy and herbal scent that starts off a bit bitter and for some a bit off-putting for later to dry down into a lovely old-skool barber scent that reminds me of old book stores and antique galleries (the smell of old paper, leather binding and old lacquer on furniture).

Really stylish and long-lasting and most certainly a scent for nature and plant lovers.

Homely and wholesome....like a casserole in fact.

9-na
9-na

Long-lasting bug of a scent. There is something very insect in it for me. Liked it. Bitter and good and what not. Hm... I wonder, what am I to buy next when it comes to Penhaligon's?

weegee
weegee

Pure nostalgia in a sample vial. For me, Eau de Verveine captures the mood and the smells of a mature man in the time between his shower and leaving for work.

I'm smiling as I sniff with my eyes closed while my brain tries to convince me that I'm 5 years old again and my grandfather is just down the hall in his room getting ready to go to work on the night shift at Kodak. He shaved with a straight razor that he sharpened on a leather strop and applied his shaving foam with a badger brush. Imagine how exotic that seemed to a little kid!

As EdV opens, the bitterness of sage elbows the lavender to the background -a good thing- while bergamot's brightness keeps the sage bitterness from becoming sour, as it often can on my skin. Petit grain adds the tang that makes this feel more masculine than unisex. Any clove here is too subtle for me to detect, and I like clove, so I was hoping to pick up just a little.

In the end, though, this is all about the cedar and musk. Hours after application this dries down to pencil shavings, also a nice, clean smell that's woodsy by definition. Alas, it's also the smell of elementary school for me, when it was a treat to be allowed to empty the pencil sharpener. Getting to shake the container over a wastebasket was somehow set up as a reward! (Now kids get stickers and candy!)

Although EdV is a lovely scent that transports me to lovely places in my memory, ultimately I've got to call this one unwearable. It's perfect, however, if you want to time travel to Floyd's Barbershop in Mayberry, North Carolina circa 1959, and wait your turn after Sheriff Andy and Deputy Barney have a little taken off the sides.

NebraskaLovesScent
NebraskaLovesScent

I'll paraphrase Kterhark's very accurate statement: this is a scent I like but not one I will buy.

My first whiff of Eau de Verveine made me ask out loud, "Grandpa, is that you?" This one has a touch of the old school barbershop men's scents, somewhat along the lines of Clubman Pinaud or vintage Avon. One of my grandfathers had a shaving soap or aftershave that smelled a lot like this one.

Which is not to say it is strictly for men. Like an eau de cologne, this would be a refreshing scent for either sex. I found it got softer and a little more feminine and sweet after a few hours.

I think most people would find Eau de Verveine a pleasant scent to smell on others, or as an environmental scent. It's just not quite what I'm interested in putting on my skin these days.

Kterhark
Kterhark

I wore this in the evening, slept in it, and I can still smell it this morning. So good longevity!

This is a scent that i like, just not a scent i would add to my wardrobe. Everything is nicely done and it opens crisp, edgy and vibrant. There are two notes that i tend not to like on myself: lavender and clary sage. on me these always feel 'out of place', as if someone put a basket of brightly colored, well coordinated, aesthetically thistled weeds on the head table of a wedding reception.

The dry down is very nice, i should add. There is a nice 'kick' to it. I do recommend trying, its not at all a 'bad' fragrance, just one that doesn't mesh as well with my chemistry.

Penhaligon EAU DE VERVEINE opens with a somewhat odd smell to my nose--it might be the coriander and clary sage which together impart a slightly offputting dirtiness. Shortly thereafter, however, the composition smooths out as the lavender, vanilla, and cedarwood all reveal themselves in a delightful unfurling and swirling of notes, which includes just a touch of clove.

The drydown of EAU DE VERVEINE is rather rich and complex, certainly much more so than I would have predicted from a fragrance with this name. EAU DE VERVEINE also has good staying power, thanks probably to the musk. All things considered, this is a well-crafted aromatic woody fragrance which I can recommend to gals and guys alike for warm-weather wear.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Eau de Verveine fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Eau de Verveine, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Eau de Verveine by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Eau de Verveine by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.