Designers » N-Q » Oriental Vanilla « Groups

Equinox Bloom Penhaligon`s for women and men

Equinox Bloom Penhaligon`s for women and men
dislike

Equinox Bloom Penhaligon`s for women and men Pictures

Created by Master Perfumer Olivier Cresp, Equinox Bloom plays with an olfactory palette inspired by the delights of high tea, accompanied by the heady bouquet of the first sweet Spring flowers. Delicious notes of Chantilly, Frangipani and Brown Sugar are blended with violet leaves, orange blossom absolute and jasmine sambac, rounded with the deep, Oriental richness of Benzoin Siam and Ambrox.

"During one of my recent visits to London, I enjoyed an incredible brunch in a smart, refined place, where the magnificent atmosphere of the rooms, furnished with opulent floral compositions, ensnared my senses almost at once. While admiring the floral scenery, my brunch included delightful toasts topped with honey and marmalade and these gourmand facets inspired me to bring to Equinox Bloom a trendy, modern inflexion to the generous floral bouquet. To me, this luxurious and abundant refinement reflects Penhaligon´s generosity in fragrances in a perfect way." – Olivier Cresp, Perfumer.

A subtle, sweet treat from Penhaligon’s, Equinox Bloom plays on series of favorite traditions and pleasing transitions – day to night, Winter to Spring - offering up a delicious and distinctive blend of gourmand and floral infusions to truly delight the senses.

Equinox Bloom was launched in 2016.

Neroli Violet Leaf Hortensia

Frangipani Orange Blossom Jasmine Sambac

Ambroxan Siam Benzoin Brown sugar

Tilda Swinton Like This

Equinox Bloom Fragrance Reviews

fishwife
fishwife

Sweet, shy, white floral...very spring/summer...like a basket of flowers on a table with afternoon tea...lots of sunshine coming in the windows...I like this, and I am not a big white florals kind of girl...

aromaminx
aromaminx

I received this from my husband as a Christmas gift. It is perfect for Summer; sweet , yet gorgeously soft floral. It only lasts a couple hours on my skin, however, the opening is so lovely I'm happy to regularly respray.

Steleale
Steleale

A silky dressed english young lady is walking in a spring sunday afternoon... this is what comes in my mind when I smell Equinox Bloom. A flowery gourmand fragrance completely different from the gourmand fragrance I smelled before. I really enjoy it.

Gidrocity
Gidrocity

I received it as a sample, been testing it all day long and so far I am not impressed at all, I mean its not bad, but to my nose and taste its just average, nothing really special, smelling it doesnt create any image in my mind as do other fragrances that I like, plus for this price I would expect something more memorable

pimpy
pimpy

Love at first glance ...spray! This well belanced niche fragrance, it's what I prefer of Phenaligons perfums. It's so different from all Phenaligons! It's young,sparkling, joyous, an energetic opening for sure. Cheer you up.I love it.

Appena spruzzato è stato amore a prima vista. Un apertura decisamente energetica, primaverile che toglie l'inverno da dosso. Una fragranza ben bilanciata, solare, allegra vivace. Mette il buon umore! I love it!!

insolence
insolence

Someone mentioned an excellent balance. That is what I was expecting from a fragrance that has "equinox" in its name.

To me the whole composition seems messy.

Opening is divine - heavenly sweet sugar and creamy plumeria surrounded with a thin white floral veil. Alas, after a sweet and creamy opening, some weird, salty nuances start to appear. I have to admit, my skin chemistry doesn't get along too well with ambroxan, so I could be biased here, but I smell the same kind of a dry down on a paper. A little bit salty, a little bit metallic accompanied by some faint sweet (but not fresh) floral smell. Like frangipanis got picked while they were still blooming and then left to dry for a few days, along with some violet leafs.

I really liked the opening though. The gourmand facets were indeed quite refined, gracious and not in-your-face.

Jamiljames
Jamiljames

I am quite undecided about this perfume after sampling on numerous occasions. Its definitely sweet and sugary. I once asked a friend to give me their thoughts. They said it smelt like boiled vegetables. Since they have said that I cannot help but smell it too. The opening has a smell that reminds me very much of green vegetables being steamed. The good news is that this goes away quite quickly on my skin and the sweetness takes over. Often during the day I capture the smell in my imagination of various fragrances. This is one that often catches up in my imagination.
I think the major issue with this is it's complexity. Oliver Cresp is an amazing perfumer. I love his Juniper Sling and love how it switches from Juniper to Cherry and sugar. I feel that Equinox Bloom also transitions quite well in it's various stages. After 10 minutes the sweetness really does begin to develop.
From a wearer's perspective this is an interesting creation. I feel it's similar to Ostara in the fact that is is a fragrance of stages. Not all are enjoyable yet you have to experience each to get to the next.
This is a fragrance that I would not purchase at this stage as I do not feel it is amazing and well suited to myself. I think its one that's well suited to someone artistic and slightly more European. Although based on England I feel that it is slightly more cultured. It in no way reminds me of English Tea. Instead it reminds me more of a french cafe. I think the problem with this perfume is that it is trying to say too much and suffers from a lack of identity. Maybe its a scent I will grow to love in time but for now I will keep on sampling until I get the voice in my head telling me to invest in a bottle.

Taliera
Taliera

Still deciding if I am in love with, or revolted by this fragrance. As cmarie mentioned, it is an odd chimera. Slightly gourmand? No... definitely gourmand. But is it food with flowers, or flowers with food? As in, which element stands out most? That depends on which part of journey you're talking about. The opening is probably equal parts flower and food. Fresh, flowery, sugary, cakey. It is pleasant - but not for long. As soon as it settles it comes across as strong and sickening. The juxtaposition of food and flowers is stomach-turning, at least for me. It is at this point I can detect a huge number of notes bouncing off each other, not really blending. Jasmine, sugar, cake batter, frangipani, banana, tea, green notes, rose, hortensia, etc. It is fleetingly intoxicicating and attractive. Particularly when I did not directly sniff my wrist. Holding my nose up to the place I sprayed was like "too much". When the drydown happened it was much more bearable. Even enjoyable. More flowery than foody. Fresh, creamy white flowers on something green, with sugar and cakes in the background. The frangipani is prominent. The rest of the drydown is soft and classic. An "interesting" creation.

I thought Penhaligon's only had old-fashioned scents, but this is very modern.
It's also complex and belongs to the niche category.
I can sense neroli, jasmine and orange blossom, which create the "bloom" factor and frangipani and other sweet notes that make it sweet.
I think that's very interesting how it's balanced between fresh white flowers and sweet gourmand notes.
Even if you are not a Penhaligon's fan, this is worth a try.

Pianomelody
Pianomelody

Sweet/floral,delicate and almost gourmand. Start with neroli,then become covered with delightful floral notes. A few minutes later evolves jasmine, which gives the fragrance a touch of softness and innocent,very delicate. He feels the spring,its harmony and beauty. This beautiful parfum in my opinion.. contains all this ... very evocative and well done, definitely much different than other. I really love this perfume❤!!!

Sillage: 6.5/10
Longevity: 7.5/10
Scent: 9./10

Overall: 9.5/10

Victoria88
Victoria88

I was intrigued by the lovely description, but it's not for me. Strong, musky, syrupy sweet, powdery, warm. It made me feel nauseated. I thought I would like the brown sugar base note but it wasn't what I expected. Sharp, almost.

Hot Tomato
Hot Tomato

I received this as a sample with a purchase of Malabah. I was surprised at the strength and sweetness of this. The first thing that you smell are the brown sugar and the florals. But there is definitely an Oriental base. And I am also getting a green/herbal note, too. I believe it must be the violet leaf and hortensia. To me the green notes and the base keep this from being just another gourmand. I like it and may make it my going out fragrance, as it would be too potent for my conservative workplace. And my normally oblivious husband noticed I smelled good.

cmarie
cmarie

Equinox Bloom is an odd chimera of a fragrance. I'm not sure what it's trying to be; some ad copies say it's inspired by springtime blooms, others put more of an emphasis on the concept of afternoon tea. It certainly smells a little confused. This strange mix of ideas results in a peculiar fragrance: a fresh, sugared-gourmand floral. To me it's equal parts early spring blossoms and sugary lemon tea. Each whiff I get seems different: sometimes it's the freshly bloomed flowers against a cold spring air (almost crisp, like a florist shop smell) and sometimes it's the sweet brown sugar. These two scents don't mesh very well, they seem to sit more side-by-side as opposed to merging into one cohesive fragrance.

All in all, Equinox Bloom is interesting, if a little strange. But I did enjoy experiencing it.

originaldeftom
originaldeftom

Just gave it a quick glance today in the apothecary department of London's most famous department store.
The visuals and displays are always amazing, but I have to say this one does not excite me.
It is utter 1980ies "Tutti Frutti" overdose of sweetness.
Must be on trend, then, sugary sweet perfumes for the youngens, I take it.

Olivier Cresp has produced lots of flops of late with notable exceptions in the past: Angel by Terry Mugler, Attitude by Armani, and Dune pH by Dior, to name a few.

Sadly this won't be an exception! Next!

RubyBirdy
RubyBirdy

It smells extremely familiar...like a floral variation of some of the praline-centered Parfumerie Generale creations. And I like it. I find my primary complaint about Penhaligon's perfumes is that they are anemic, limp, blink-and-you'll-miss them things. But this is stronger and more interesting than most of their offerings, and definitely a welcome change in tune while simultaneously remaining loyal to their pastoral-England aesthetic (despite the fact that the flowers are ones you won't find in an English garden). The floral notes juuuuust avoid smelling old lady-ish. The sugar, while definitely intensive, doesn't go over the top. Excellent balance. Perhaps they're using better quality raw materials. Either way, well done!

One spray will do you just fine. This seems like a perfume that would be very easy to over-apply.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Equinox Bloom fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Equinox Bloom, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Equinox Bloom by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Equinox Bloom by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.