Designers » N-Q » Woody Spicy « Groups

Juniper Sling Penhaligon`s for women and men

Juniper Sling Penhaligon`s for women and men
dislike

Juniper Sling Penhaligon`s for women and men Pictures

Juniper Sling by Penhaligon`s is a Woody Spicy fragrance for women and men. Juniper Sling was launched in 2011. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Cresp. Top notes are angelica, cinnamon, orange and juniper berries; middle notes are cardamom, orris root, leather and pepper; base notes are vetiver, cherry, sugar and amber.

Angelica Cinnamon Orange Juniper Berries

Cool Water

Juniper Sling Fragrance Reviews

F2097
F2097

I've held off on writing a review of this before. Overall I think Juniper Sling is good but it is not without limitations.

It is another one of those Penhaligons scents that seems over refined to the point that any uniqueness or even feeling is toned right down. It doesn't help that Juniper scents tend to have poor projection. Although this lasts a good few hours on the skin you won't smell it unless you try.

Over on the plus side this is quite an enjoyable fragrance. It feels professional and will give you confidence when you get a hint of it from your collar.

I like how metallic it starts off and I find it quite an authentic Juniper. It can go quite like blackcurrant in the middle notes. Like most Penhaligons scents this is well made.

The shower gel was ok but I wouldn't buy it again. I like that they have this in a smaller bottle because I don't think I would use it enough or want to have it for as long as a large bottle would last.

This is quite similar to Esprit Du Roi, which I think is a little more exciting and versatile but perhaps less universally appealing.

Good for confidence, for formal or professional occasions. Quite suitable for work. Falls down a bit if wearing for fun.

Mas777
Mas777

It's amazing! When I tested I felt in a northern forest..it's fresh, magical, joyful, smart.
It could brighten up a very gloomy day :)

Stinow
Stinow

What a great smell this perfume has.

To me it starts off by opening the package and being reminded of the initials berry flavors this fragrance brings.

When I put it on (I usally use quite a lot of this fragrance because the longevity is short, to say the least), it starts of with a healthy dose of leather, dark berries and union.

This fragrance reminds me of the 80's. Classic popstars from the eighties like Prince. Not in a dull, but more in an intriguing way. Like he lures me in to know more about this smell.

It is a smell of self confidence, but is also very interesting and slightly masculine.

Apart from the awful longevity.. this one is just AMAZING! :)

bugsyiii
bugsyiii

As my wife and I explored The Art of Shaving store, we couldn't help but give a few of the Penhaligon fragrances a smell!

So out of the few, Juniper Sling and Opus 1870 were those that really peeked our (my) interest-Juniper Sling is a nice fragrance; fresh, a bit citrusy but with a woody foundation. In the opening there is the Black Pepper and Vetiver that I get followed by the Ambrox that gives this a good fresh yet sharp woodsy finish. Later the Orris Wood comes through along with the Juniper Berry that gives this, what I describe as, an aromatic allure that is really nice.

After spraying some on my wrist I couldn't figure out the familiarity....I sniffed and smelled but still nothing. I couldn't put my finger on it. As the dry down became more prominent, I figured it out---this reminded me of 2 other fragrances 1)D&G Light Blue and 2)Versace Man Eau Fraiche. Don't get me wrong these fragrances have their unique qualities, however, there are some very distinct characteristics that I pick up.

Overall, a nice fragrance. I would give this a neutral rating because you can acquire Versace Man Eau Fraiche or D&G Light Blue for less and get a similar vibe.

smellavision
smellavision

This scent is just so incredible to me for the first 15-30 minutes. A fantastic, creamy introduction of the fresh juniper, leather, pepper, nutmeg and some cardamom.
Unfortunately, it lasts shortly, turning quickly into a skin scent and utterly vanishing within 3 hours on my skin. The heart is almost non-existant and the drydown only shortlived.

I would seriously suggest for Penhaligons to make an Extreme or EdP version of this, because at almost € 100 per bottle, this is overcharging for a lovely Eau Fraiche. Dammit!

Calvini
Calvini

I'm not really a drinker, so I'm not very open to trying new alcohol either, but while making a friend gin & tonic one day, I noticed how wonderfully aromatic it smells!
"Oh yeah it's the juniper" he said. Ever since then it's been one of my favorite alcoholic drink; it's like drinking a cologne!
One of these days I'll do a serious search, but for now, let's talk about this one: The opening is AMAZING and true to life, but quickly turns into a wispy "frankincense" fragrance (trust me even though it's not a listed note, it's comparable to the pure essential oil); it's still good but leaves me wanting more.

artemiss
artemiss

I am so surprised to see so many people say this is a spring or summer scent to them..to me this is a winter scent all the way.
While I get cocktail- it's very much juniper berries, moss and anise with an almost effervescent twist from the citrus. It's crisp and clean, simple lines against newly fallen snow.

Francoparfum
Francoparfum

Now this is nice!

It is light, appealing, casual, has a distinct juniper smell (go figure), and it is sparkling... refreshing even.

This is nice for spring and summer. It doesn't last as long as I'd wish though.

This is not very serious... it is what I'd call "mature casual"... for the fun and friendly intellectual.

Edit: If I were to shorten my review to 3 words, it would be: Fancy Wearable Gin.
Score: 84.2%
Proverbs 27:9

miracleborgtech
miracleborgtech

From the bracing juniper to the prickly pepper, Juniper Sling caught my attention immediately. This is the first perfume I've smelled that is almost antiseptic - it is cool, clean, carbonated! Quite exhilarating, every time I sniffed I caught a little different side to this refreshing tonic! Unfortunately the sillage and longevity are both under achievers, so I had to souse myself. Large spray bottle forecast!

Edit - Accidentally spilled part of a mini and the scent does not do as well when liberally applied. Less is more with this one.

froogle_jimmy
froogle_jimmy

The opening of this fragrance is fantastic....possibly my favorite 45minute opening of any fragrance. the scent of gin and tonic is playful and enticing and makes me just want to smell this all day.

However once this cologne has dried down it becomes a lack lustre mess. just light florals and some woods with nothing else. An empty shell of what could have been a fantastic fragrance. Not only that it is completely gone by 4 hours....if it even makes it that long.

So sad. It could have been amazing, but alas it is a pass for me.

Opening 10/10
Longevity 3/10
overall performance 3/10

Go4broke

Update:
I've just bought my second bottle of Juniper Sling, my first was bought in May 2013, and it would seem that there may have been some reformulation. The longevity of the juice I've just bought seems to be a lot better, which would mean Penhaligon's are listening to the consumers. This is obviously a good thing because just 3 squirts of this now lasts me genuinely just under 8 hours and I very much doubt my skin chemistry has changed. I love this, I always have and compliments surround me because of it. A summertime gem just became even more wearable........

numcks
numcks

Another Oliver Cresp work that leaves me disappointed. Jungle pour homme by Kenzo is another creation as is Armand Bosi Homme. All share the same thin, pale, construction that leaves you straining to detect anything and wanting more. This is the worst of the three - barely there - homeopathic perfumery. Either Oliver has a bloodhound's sense of smell, or he is too reticent and apologetic. What little I can pick up is generally okay, especially early on when there is some gin-fizziness. A pale touch of anise is also nice, but a boring woody amber base smells generic, not unlike pure iso E (think Escentric Molecules 01). A yawn.

adamjohn
adamjohn

This is my first penhaligons purchase and i like it. Its reminds me a little of d&g light blue for women longeverty isnt great but would recomend it

Hoxx
Hoxx

For what it's worth, I had a juniper tree in my backyard for, like, fifteen years so I'm very familiar with its smell. That being said, Juniper Sling resembles a plant scent more than a gin scent, IMO. It's not boozy, at all. It's green, aromatic, slightly sour and a bit spicy. Notes of juniper, spices and other herbal stuff mesh so well that I was in awe and I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist. A bit later it gets a touch sweeter - I have no idea where that comes from - but still fresh in an aromatic way, and later it introduces vetiver as well. It still remained beautiful, though.

Then the drydown starts, after two or three hours tops, and it lasts for a fine amount of time, but it's a sort of cheap woody accord, very often used in perfumery of today(maybe Iso E Super with an addition of something of less interest). So, you can't say the overall longevity of JS leaves something to be desired, but the 'good parts' evaporate in little time. Its projection is personal, but I'd say that's to be expected from the note list(and it's a common thing for Penhaligon's, from my experience).

Juniper Sling is very versatile in terms of, well, everything. It lacks a bit of oomph and warmth to be worn in wintertime but, aside from that, it knows no boundaries, season-wise, style-wise or gender-wise(although I think men will prefer it).

All in all, Penhaligon's did a fine job with this one, but a better longevity or a more inspiring drydown could've made this a masterpiece. It's still good, make no mistake, but it could've been fantastic...

Mojtabaa
Mojtabaa

Olivier Cresp: I created Juniper Sling for Penhaligon's. They sell maybe 20 or 30 thousand bottles. It's a very nice perfume, as good as Light Blue. If a big brand had bought it I'm sure it would have been a huge success.

catsngunsnyarn
catsngunsnyarn

not my usual candy vanilla thing, but Juniper Sling is gorgeous! it's clean, cold, masculine... but the cherries and cinnamon kick in and the whole thing is just... elegant and intriguing.

[email protected]@r
C@nn@r

Wonderful fresh spicy fragrance that smells like a sweet gin & tonic. But as people say horrible longevity!! Not worth the high $$$

Jamiljames
Jamiljames

I love love love this fragrance. The juniper smells so sharp and clean. From the initial spray there is gin. For me the most interesting thing about this fragrance is how it changes from the gin smell to the smell of sugar and cherries. It does not last so long on skin but it smells wonderful on clothing. I found during the winter months the smell would hold well onto my scarf.
Another thing I feel that is great about this fragrance is how well it can be worn in both summer and winter. Its a great scent to wear in extremely cold winter months as well as nice hot summer days. This is an amazing scent from Penhaligon's and would urge people to try it.

joshua224
joshua224

Wow! One of the best smelling fragrances I have come across out of the 500-600+ tested.

Sad part is the projection and longevity are non existent. Such a pity!

9/10 on scent
1/10 on Projection/Longevity

Ps. This really needs to be in edp concentration...

EDIT: I need to retract my comment on projection/ longevity, a few people have now told me that this fragrance is quite strong, could it be a case of olfactory fatigue affecting my judgement? One person smelled me over 6ft away...8hrs after application!

Juniper Slings smells amazing it makes me thirsty for happy hour, specially those two for one drink specials at the local bars. If you're a heavy drinker, like me, you'll end up wanting to drink up the whole bottle. Although similar to a happy hour drink the buzz of it wears off quicker than you would wish.

jozemo
jozemo

smelling this fragrance is like good after sex,when you get the rush and the toes get to popping,am I getting into my feelings over a eau de tollette "Hell Yeah!"
I went the art of shaving and sampled this scent, got this one , this makes me feel like EGGSY when he transformed into a Kingsman, a magnificent spring summer discovery,you better believe this is getting sprayed players and playettes.

Sparkinthedark
Sparkinthedark

This is the only fragrance I have ever found worthy of writing a review. The first time I sprayed it on my hand, I found myself smelling it the entire drive home. It lasted into the next day (no longevity issues, if anything, it's one of my longer lasting fragrances) and utterly intoxicated me with it's sugary/woody base.

I reach for Juniper Sling more than I do for Aventus. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever smelled.

collectyourdead
collectyourdead

There was a man at the market wearing this and I passed him a couple times before I simply had to ask him what he was wearing, and this was it.
It's androgynous, velvety, aromatic and charming.
Wonderfully blended.

8.5-9/10

Strappyshoo
Strappyshoo

I was wavering between this and Levantium and went for this in the end. Whilst I think it's very similar to Levantium it doesn't have the scary, screechy sandalwood that just keeps on giving for days...and days. It's a good fragrance. I'm not going to say it's amazing because I don't think its at that level, it's a B rather than an A+. For those who are put off by the longevity issues, yes, it doesn't last massively long...so just reapply :-)

pepperoniann
pepperoniann

HELP! This stuff is great! I CANNOT move on since I touched Juniper Sling today and my initial plan was to sample 3,4 frags from the two order I received just now!

In a world filled with too much white musk, bergamot, neroli, vanilla, gardenia, amber and oud... I consider myself incredibly lucky to find a fragrance like this. Juniper Sling is anything but the ordinary definition of a trending fragrance. It is fresh but not from citrus, mint or galbanum. It is woody, but contains no birch, pale wood or sandal. It is warm, but the impression is different from what you get from musk or incense. The spicy notes come from juniper and cinnamon (rather than cloves or carnation commonly seen in florientals) to give it a sparkly, fresh facet. A fragrance newbie like me can still instantly appreciate this witty composition.

Started out really peppery and fresh with lots of juniper, vetiver, and some hybrid between white and black pepper. Later, the angelica along with orange/orris root bridge the herbal feeling nicely with the spicy cinnamon and cardamom. Here if you apply little (~2 sprays) then JP slowly disappears with just a liiiiiitle bit of cherry/sugar/juniper, but if you dose yourself another 3,4 sprays you get the leather that lasts through the drydown. Incredibly beautiful and intriguing!

Now I don't really drink gin and tonic, but I'd say this is a perfect scent for people that connect deeply with nature. Someone mentioned Juniper Sling reminded him/her of walking through the forest. As an avid hiker I agree fully.

Despite poor longevity I might really need to get a full bottle one day.

[Update Mar.2015] I got a bottle and am so happy! All other pending purchases seem unnecessary now.

jadsdrew
jadsdrew

I got a decant of this, maybe they were mixed up because it just smells like a sort of green powdery old lady scent. I wish it smelled like everyone is saying it does!

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Juniper Sling opens with a woody accord comprising vetiver and cedar (Iso E), plus juniper berries, a subtle note of cloves, a dusty base of patchouli, amber and perhaps cocoa beans, with a light animalic/musky note which I can not distinguish clearly but however gives a "carnal" and dark allure to the composition – there may be leather too. A decent, unusual take on a classic chypre, more spicy and less flowery, also less animalic/leathery, but with the same camphor feel, at the same time with a masculine, austere barbershop breeze. As minutes pass it also emerges better a rooty-powdery-soapy side of orris roots, and also the leather note arises more prominently, on a balmy-earthy base. Overall I'd say it's a "not that bad" scent, a nice rooty-spicy-earthy composition with a couple of less-usual accords (juniper), but overall it's also a bit artificial and pale. In other words, a missed opportunity.

5,5-6/10

Weihan
Weihan

Absolutely MARVELOUS summer scent! You'll want to bathe in a tub full of Juniper Sling - like Opus 1870 - a true masterpiece from Penhaligon's. The only problem is the weak sillage and the very poor longevity. Perhaps Penhaligon's can be persuaded to bring out a true JS Perfume that overcomes these problems. Otherwise, just carry around an entire bottle and cover yourself in the scent every half hour.

Q80
Q80

it smells like heaven to me, as the idea behind this masterpiece is an alcohol cocktails. it has that fresh junipers, mixed with a hint of lime and some mint and sweet syrup, quite natural smell, and i don't smell artificial in it at all... but unfortunately, the longevity is a disaster, it vanishes within an hour max, so you have to apply again to get that charm of freshness love.

husecris
husecris

This is one of the most beautiful scents you'll find. How unfortunate the scent bubble is non-existant. Decant worthy maybe, full bottle no way.

Sparkling, sweet and beautiful! What a great scent this is... it's like quenching your parched lips with an ice cold, fizzy, San Pellegrino.
To me this is a perfect energizing summer fragrance.
I was expecting a very gin like, juniper vibe which it does deliver but it also gives a sweetness, clean vetiver and a spiced vibe too. It's expertly blended to create a really intriguing fragrance which is uplifting as many have mentioned in their reviews. This stuff will genuinely cheer you up!
The only problem I have and it applies to quite a few Penhaligon's (some of them are stronger) they have poor longevity and projection. This is among a few that are slightly more expensive than the rest of the range and I can't see why really?
I like it that much that I may well add it to my collection despite this.

Update: I was very tempted to buy this today, instead I was given some samples by a lovely lady in the Penhaligon's shop and will trial it on my skin over the next couple of weeks and see how we go on. It is a summer scent for me so maybe not a priority purchase. Make no mistake though I'm still as in love with it as I was at first sniff...a wonderful fragrance!

Roblord
Roblord

This scent smells very nice and calming. The problem is that it became a skin scent right away and the performance is horrible. I'll pass, especially at that price point.

LookOut
LookOut

This fragrance isn't half bad. Better than I had expected after watching the notes. It's quite fresh (due to the orange I'm guessing), a little fruity, and somewhat spicy (pepper and cardemom) as well. But most of all, it's woody (dominant vetiver).

The vetiver is not as dominant as in other woody fragrances, but it's still there. The leather bugs me as well. Or maybe the leather in combination with the vetiver. In any case, it clashes with my skin and prevents it from being wearable for me. But for someone who likes those notes, this can be a very nice fragrance!

AndrzejK
AndrzejK

The opening is very promising with beautiful notes of fresh juniper with other green notes of angelica, vetiver and spices.
However, the scent is very soft and close to the skin and after 10-15 minutes transforms into a sweet scent (sugar, cherry, orange) which is not that interesting as the beginning.
In the drydown similar to Escentric Molecules 01 on my skin (comparing these two, I prefer Escentric). Nice and that is all.

Goodlc
Goodlc

some days the Pepper smell is a little stronger, so I just wait until the next day. So beautiful is smells different every day, kinda like my moods LOL.

danceforjoy
danceforjoy

*Warning: I am just going to be horrible about this, but isn't that part of the fun of the site?

This smells like a cherry steak rub that is waaaaay too heavy on the pepper and has been stored in a juniper box with the lid off. This is how it dries, too. My g & ts never smell like somebody poured half-an-inch of pepper in the bottom of the glass before making them, so it did not smell like a g & t to me.

However, I did find longevity to be quite satisfactory.

thesnowleopard
thesnowleopard

Nice but not lasting. We are often told to apply cologne to shirt collars and cuffs instead of skin to get the true scent - in this case, it's to ensure the scent lasts more than a few moments.

Go4broke

This is truly beautiful. First notes I get are pepper, orange and angelica but then the pepper quickly disperses to give way to cherry and cinnamon, as well as a lemon scent although its not listed. The juniper berries are there the whole way through. This shone above most other penhaligons fragrances for me. Silage is average at best and if you spray enough on, you will get 6 hours from this. You do have to spray a lot though. Amazing smell and very unique. Love it.

elvisphil
elvisphil

the leather eats up all the other notes

funny creature
funny creature

This review definitely doesn`t belong to informative ones, as it is an excited one.

I guess I`ve never smelled anything better before. Sometimes in the evenings when I work at home, especially when I do something boring, I apply this scent and it makes me happy, it makes me fly, it makes the space around me sparkling with joy! Of course it smells like gin and tonic, but in this case it`s a perfect solution. I definitely don`t smell any leather but pepper is very (not too!) loud which makes the perfume so cheerfully spicy.

Very-very disappointing is that the longevity on me is short like a dream but to my nose it is still the best balanced, the most exquisite perfume ever.

malcner
malcner

Absolutely beautiful scent, but unbelievably poor longevity! The reason this is so unbelievable is the price....very expensive and you will need to use a lot of it! 100ml will not last you very long at all as you need to reapply it constantly to get any sort of lasting effect from it. I wouldnt even bother with a 50ml bottle, if its even available...? Seriously, lucky if I get an hour before it settles very close to the skin and nobody can smell but you (if you take a bit enough whiff that is).
That said, it is a very nice composition. The initial blast is very similar to voyage d'hermes in that you get a very obvious and delicious gin and tonic. Very refreshing and great for summer I bet. Unfortunately though, the longevity is that poor that its hard to really appreciate what else is going on here after the gin and tonic. If you do examine it closely though, you get a very nice, warm dry down of cinnamon and pepper making this a very warm, sweet and spicy scent when it settles. There are more notes than I mentioned but those are the obvious ones.
I love it , but now that my samples are up I will not be buying a full bottle. It's just not worth it. If it lasted it would be a real winner, but unfortunately it doesn't, and that is the deal breaker for me. Instead I will continue to go for voyage d'hermes as that has an almost identical gin and tonic opening which is why I was drawn to these fragrances in the first place.

PeterWJ
PeterWJ

Fortunately this, to me, is a reminder always to sample before buying. On my skin it's just not coming out right. Only the opening - which lasts just a few minutes on me - seems promising with a blast of spices. Then pure synthetic gastliness takes over. OK, admitted, I haven't tried it on in all kinds of weather and at all seasons. But for now I'll let it rest untill spring.
For all of you Juniper Sling lovers out there, cheer on! And to all of you who know that some fragrances will turn out odd on you, please do sample! There is no reason to get a hold of something because the name sounds interesting.

KladfvbungMicshk
KladfvbungMicshk

I love this perfume. It is the only perfume I've found that has a fragrance reminiscent of walking in the woods - that is, when you don't associate it with gin and tonic. Unfortunately, the scent disappears too quickly and the trace that's left (which smells ethereal) doesn't last for more than an hour. I use it anyway because it's the only perfume I've made a true connection with.

mister_chaz
mister_chaz

Very woody and fresh unisex scent, reminds me of Eau de Lierre by Diptyque - another gin & tonic. Very pleasant and sheer, but most of the time, I have difficulty detecting it on my skin...

Lots of reviewers have commented on the gin and tonic scent of JUNIPER SLING, but of course what they're really saying is that the scent of gin derives from juniper, which is the focal note, logically enough, of JUNIPER SLING. The little juniper berry appears to have two and only two well-known uses: one to produce gin; the other to cook sauerbraten. For many people these are the sole encounters with this unique-smelling berry. It would be interesting to find out how the Germans feel about this cologne, since it might have a "familiarity breeds contempt" effect upon them.

I have always thought that gin and tonics smell a bit like hairspray or, I should say, my memory of my mother's hairspray when I was growing up, as I have not smelled that product in quite a while now. So it makes sense that the opening of JUNIPER SLING should remind me, too, a bit of hairspray. I hasten to clarify, however, that in this case the comparison is a compliment, as I rather like the quirky scent of juniper.

What I like about JUNIPER SLING is that, although it is a somewhat standard cologne, the usual suspects are not the dominant players, so this creation ends up smelling completely different from all of the other colognes. The quality of materials is very good, and the composition is refreshing and invigorating, with a somewhat energizing aromatherapeutic effect.

It would be easy to overdose on this fragrance because of the dominant juniper note, but as a change from the usual cologne routine, JUNIPER SLING offers a zing of eccentricity. Yes, there is vetiver and citrus and a bit of spice, but really the juniper is the star of the show. There's a real paradox here: good old boy conservatism conjoined with wacky nonconformism. I like it.

AJ73
AJ73

I get white pepper, juniper and brown sugar. Very nice.

erilika
erilika

Refreshing, like a summer cocktail, herbs and citrus.
Easy to wear, very nice scent!

mufidal
mufidal

It's a wonderfull scent - fresh and light, don't resembles of alchohol to me. i think it's a one-of-a-kind scent - not to be found everywhere!

LSMUA
LSMUA

SUCH a nice one! Really does smell like an open bottle of good Gin. On the dry down to me it smells of clean linen though, so no worries about the colleagues getting upset that you may have been at the bottle beforehand. Only sadness is, the lasting power of this scent is SHOCKING!!! half an hour tops, at least on me. Sad, and a shame.

id
id

I love how it smells (very nice aromatic juniper and not bitter at all) on my skin, but the lasting power is one of the worst I've met recently.

SilverFire
SilverFire

Opens with an alcoholic-citrus blast, then goes arid, and then smells like gin. However, it is smooth and doesn’t have any of the burning bite that distilled spirits can have. Very realistic. It wafts up around you, bringing a three feet projection, I’d estimate. The effect is one of cool aloofness -- think speakeasies and jazz musicians.

Overall, I enjoyed this. It is unique. However, its staying power is a pitiful four hours. A spray bottle might increase the duration (Endymion was that way), but I doubt it, due to the citrus nature of this fragrance.

aschiffm
aschiffm

Smells like a summer cocktail along the lines of a gin gimlet, margarita or mohijtos. It is refreshing, citrusy herby and a little spicy. It's very bright, wear this in the summer to cool down! This and Penhaligons Malabah are both great for summer, this being a bit more on the masculine side than frilly feminine Malabah but both equally refreshing.

Notes I smell the most: vetiver, sugar, pepper, leafy angelika

i like it and i think it's definitely uni-sex. i like the scent of juniper and this dosen't disappoint. it's fresh and cool. like a tall cool drink. a little woody, a little spice and the slightest twist of citrus. i think it would be great for summer, very refreshing. wish it lasted longer, i used my whole sample today. but, i did enjoy it very much.

Heverton
Heverton

Juniper Sling starts with a spicy combination of pepper and cardamon. After a few minutes a light citric aroma kicks in leaving a very good impression, almost like a drink right in front of you.Trough time a woody accord appears in the base giving some depth to this fragrance. Making things short, an above average fragrance which lacks a little bit of projection and longevity.

hhgallagurl
hhgallagurl

I love this! To me it is like a cool refreshing sip of gin and tonic. I agree that it is similar to Escentric Molecule but Juniper Sling is more refreshing and complex. I am actually really sensitive to Iso E Super and the first time I sampled Molecules 01 I has some sort of an allergic reaction. I feel Escentric and Molecules 01 are more dense and chemical on me. Definitely want to purchase this in the future to wear during the warmer months or when I want to feel refreshed!

Penhaligon's goes Escentric Molecules. Juniper Sling opens with a blast of bitter/aromatic juniper and some spices. Nice but not particularly original. Resemblance to Gin are obvious but the accord is so efemeral that leaves me unsatisfyed. Pepper and woods break in right away turning the fragrance into a paler and weaker version of Escentric 01 (believe it or not).

Iso E Super? I wouldn't swear it but resemblance to Escentric 01 is clear as well as to other even more generic woody dyrdowns.

Abysmal lasting power.

Rating: 6.5/10

fragoleconcrema
fragoleconcrema

Got a sample during a recent visit to London. I'm still regretting having applied it rather liberally... because I've been gifted two perfumes for Christmas, it seems like Juniper Sling will be put on the "waiting-slash-wish-list". This is a must-buy for me: fresh yet woody, spicy but mellow. Perhaps due to its being an EdT, longevity is not the strongest point, but that's just a minor nitpick really.

I remember being pleasantly surprised upon opening the sample - Juniper Sling is the kind of fragrance that captivates and entices and fills you with delight each time you reach for the bottle.

Plus, as an avid Bioshock fan, I can't resist anything to do with the Art Deco era - so there.

nonnative
nonnative

JS combines two different worlds. The world of men's cologne, esperidate notes, masculine and stylish atmosfere. And the world of home made bread, winter dinner with roast meat cooked with juniper berries. Two world that don't usually mix in a scent. So well done Penhalingon's: a "verry merry" creation!

querelle
querelle

Juniper Sling is so clever, it will make you smile! It's tender like a whisper and you kind of wanting a bit more..and a bit more.. I like it! It could brighten up a gloomy day..

helsinkitallinn
helsinkitallinn

Just drank the whole thing and 'hickup' (sorry) while I like the smell, it tastes NOTHING like a gin and tonic...

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Juniper Sling fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Juniper Sling, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Juniper Sling by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Juniper Sling by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.