Designers » N-Q » Aromatic « Groups

Lavandula Penhaligon`s for women and men
dislike

herbal
Lavandula Penhaligon`s for women and men Pictures

Lavandula by Penhaligon`s is a Aromatic fragrance for women and men. Lavandula was launched in 2002. Top notes are basil, cinnamon and pepper; middle notes are clary sage, lavender and lily-of-the-valley; base notes are tonka bean, vanilla, musk and amber.

Basil Cinnamon Pepper

XIX March

Lavandula Fragrance Reviews

tiger_greeneyes
tiger_greeneyes

This is a true and classic lavender cologne for me. It bursts into life before settling into a gentle walk through a field of lavender. Unfortunately, if you like a long walk, it's probably best to spray it on your clothing as well - it doesn't last very long, it's all in the initial hour or so.

One tip, one spray above my pillow at bedtime made me feel calm, uplifted and helped me to sleep after an exceptionally rubbish day.

Singabera
Singabera

I love lavender, but that one is not my cup of tea.
Bright opening notes are pure lavendery, but in 5 min it's all gone, and instead you get - too much musk, soapy clean notes and powder.
It's a nice gentle perfume, but I expected more lavender.

Jurisprude
Jurisprude

I love this perfume. My daughters loved it too. To me it reminds me of my mother whose Lavender perfume was never too far away! It is indeed the Lavender fields in South of France in a bottle. But it also has a secondary and beautiful spices smell which is warm and beautiful on my skin. I can see myself wearing this for work as it's understated enough. I have half a bottle and will repurchase when it's finished. Its an absolute beauty! I have been impressed with Penhaligon's fragrances for a while but this is truly superb! EDIT: A negative - It lasts 1 hour at the most. As all Penhaligon's I've seen so far staying power is an issue. 5/10 :)

Kayse
Kayse

If you have a supersonic nose, get this, it's beautiful. My nose couldn't find it after a short amount of time. It's one you could wear in a perfume hostile environment with ease.

nhsrk
nhsrk

Packs an herbaceous punch for the first ten minutes with the basil, sage, and lavender. The lavender melds with the comforting skin-like base notes and the initial sharpness of the top notes disappears completely. It's quite a lovely lavender scent, but as with many of the other Penhaligon's perfumes I've tried, this one suffers a poor sillage and longevity.

Planet_X
Planet_X

The best lavender EVER. THAT'S!! the south of France that I adore so much! Lavender in all depth and complication full stop. Authentic, pure, true, nostalgic, deep, aromatic with beautiful dry hay undertones, caressing not only your skin, but soul and heart, evoking forgotten memories, healing and embracing. Melancholic, clever herbal-spicy concoction. I can't stop wearing it at night, as it does something amazing with my own self - I start dreaming amazing things and ....what is there L.Turin said about it?...Bet he will get into perfume hell for being so ignorant and useless with far too many failed descriptions.

Jamiljames
Jamiljames

This is a beautifully simple lavender perfume. Its one of the perfumes I feel is great for my own personal enjoyment. Great perfume

walking44
walking44

I could sell my entire collection, and just use this. Thats how amazing it smells!!

empathyboy
empathyboy

I have aways loved the smell of lavender.

As a child I would catch bees inside yoghurt pots and then hold them to my ear pretending them to be walkie-talkies with the trapped bees buzzing around inside. Then I would set the bees free and be left feeling dizzy from the excitement and from the powerful scent of the lavender bushes all around me.

As a teenager I often bought bottles of pure essential oil of Lavender and sprinkled it on my pillows and evaporated it in oil burners.

As an adult, I have always looked for Lavender fragrances that do justice to my happy memories and that are not too 'feminine' as can often be the case with lavender based frags.

My absolute favourite is Annick Goutal's Eau de Lavande which is now sadly discontinued. I am lucky to still have a good 50ml or so and will savour that juice until my dying days. Penhaligon's Lavandula is a lovely fragrance although it took me a long while to properly appreciate it because I was so enamoured with the Annick Goutal scent.

Lavandula is a very realistic lavender yet is also something a little more. I can definitely detect a touch of cinnamon and musk and although it is not listed, I can almost detect something very close to cardamon; it is just the perfect tiny hint of dirtiness to balance the almost overpowering cleanliness of the overall composition. Lavandula is one of the purest and cleanest scents I have ever experienced, especially in the drydown. It is the scent to be worn by handsome priests or beautiful surgeons. You trust whoever is wearing this scent and fall silent with a gentle reverence.

shushkin
shushkin

I love lavandula. I've finally found a lavender fragrance that isnt too harsh and has a little warmth. I tried the Caldey Island Lavender and it was rubbish. It smelt too musky and it didnt even last an hour. Lavandula on the other hand is more true to the actual fragrance of English lavender and lasts for many hours. I grow four different types of lavender so I have a fair idea of the true lavender fragrance. The sillage is moderate. The usual gorgeous presentation and a bargain price in the sale. I'm very pleased.

Jose Marcos
Jose Marcos

Luca Turin is the review done wrong to Lavandula. Much easier to wear than Pour Un Homme de Caron, Penhaligon's scent is just a wondeful lavander that can be nice on both sexes. It's a tiny bit powdery, but that is not a negative aspect, it gives you a sort of feel good aura throghtout the whole day, never too dominating nor too weak, just perfect. And it's impossible to offend anyone. I like Lavandula best because of the herbal facet Caron's lacks which in my opinion makes it even more masculine than the Homme lavander. And yes, I am talking about the latest of reformulations. Thank you.

Kristinen
Kristinen

I love the smell of lavender and because of this i have been looking for a lavender based fragrance. So many times i have been disappointed but not this time. This is the best lavender fragrance i have ever smelled. Its an utter pleasure and i enjoy the quality of it ! Its one of those fragrances which i love but don't wish to wear it too often. So the bottle will last long hopefully !

ericgoesta
ericgoesta

It smells really nice for a second but disappears in a whiff. Utterly disappointing.

Lttdcn
Lttdcn

While I adore the mix of notes in this fragrance, I have to agree with Weegee above. I, too, find this too strong initially. I mist the air and walk into it, or else I end up with a headache, which is a shame, b/c I love it. It is The. Best. Lavendar fragrance.
How I wish they made this as EDT, or even the same strength as their gents colognes!

Lavendula is a very different kind of lavender based fragrance comparing to others. I had great compliments several times when I had this fragrance on. People usually asked me what fragrance I was wearing as it was so nice, gentle and different. Every time when I told them it was Lavendula, they would always comment that this lavender was so different from their lavender based fragrances as they were usually boring. Lavendula to me is a soothing fragrance that helps me relax and stay calm. Sometimes I would even spray Lavendula high in the air above my bed and let the mist fall on the bed sheet, pillows and comforter after a hectic day and buried myself underneath to unwind.

angel6
angel6

I love the top notes it's bright and soft, but then as it develops I think gets too powdery, I like it, but I'm afraid I would get sick of it after some time.I think I will stick with Yardley Lavander, much nicer for me.

AlessandroVil
AlessandroVil

This is a classic scent, never will it not be. It is timeless in so many ways. I only suggest one thing, if Penhaligon makes it, buy it. I have tried more colognes than anybody and let me tell you Penhaligon makes the most wonderful, mysterious, and the richest scents of all time - Douro,Opus 1870,- these are for men, and they are beyond comparison, so interesting. This stuff is great, just a classic scent, that nobody would dislike, it is maybe not as interesting as the others Penhaligon makes. It is, however, a timeless treasure!!!

dlane1953
dlane1953

„This is the first lavender fragrance I've found that is absolutely wearable; most lavender based scents have a harsh, brash feel that may refresh with its briskness for a few moments but soon overstays its welcome. This is a soft, interesting mix of spices and florals, yet still manages to remain true to its source. The ambery-musky basenotes are subtle but adds longevity to the fragrance so it wears very well for a lavender scent. Sillage is average, a great day time scent for spring and summer. Wish it had somewhat greater longevity since I really like this one a lot.

Jennifer8
Jennifer8

My husband just purchased this fragrance for me as a Christmas gift. He has never bought me a frag before but I always have wanted him to choose something for me that he loves. I am happy to say he really nailed it with this one! It is my first Penhaligons and now I am really interested in this house. This fragranceis absolutely beautiful, so fresh and clean yet sexy at the same time. I have been wanting a lavender scent but the ones I have tried up until now have ot wowed me one bit. Kudos to my hubby on this pick. It will go in the front of my collection as I can alreadyntell this one will be in my everyday fragrance rotation!

hooked2thegoodstuff
hooked2thegoodstuff

This it the most refined, elegant and beautiful fragrance ever! This was a surprise gift from my husband and I love every drop of it. It is a strong fragrance and lasts forever on me!

neptune1121
neptune1121

this is the best perfume ever! (my version). i never find any perfume that has such beautiful scent like this. i can't describe in words, how i adore and love this Penhaligon's Lavandula...

AveParfum
AveParfum

Lavandula is very IMPRESSIVE! I was a bit nervous about ordering this having never smelled it before, but I wanted so badly to love it, and it did not disappoint. It's everything I was hoping for.

I've never owned a perfume that was based around lavender. When used in fragrance, lavender can smell really weedy and bitter. I wanted something that smelled like the actual flower, but that would remain sweet and soft. I also hoped and prayed that this would be more of an herbal & aromatic perfume, and it's just as I wished for.

The opening concerned me as being a tad on the masculine side. I could smell woods and pepper. Luckily the middle notes are very aromatic, like fresh lavender. The drydown is soft and sweet with a touch of natural vanilla.

Well done, Penhaligon's!

Lavandula angustifolia is Latin for true or "common" lavender. It is very apparent from the first application, that Penhaligons has (as always) surrounded the central theme of this scent with accompaniment that really brings out its true beauty...

The opening is sharp and warm and green. A dash of pepper and a shave of cinnamon add warmth to the basil, though none of these overpower the pure purple flowers; only enrich them. Lavender on the inhale, with soft spices and warm green on the exhale...beauteous! The heart is all about the flowers, aromatic flowers like in an alpine mountain meadow or a field near Grasse. It is accompanied on each side by the sheer green beauty of muguet and a smooth herbal sage (clary, no doubt). Lavender is often described as soapy, airy/dry and having woody and green nuances; all that is here in a very refined form, extremely elegant and quite proper. I am as mystified as Sherapop is, at how they wove together normally zesty spices and dry florals into something so very smooth and sexy in the drydown (not that lavender is unsexy, or anything). Ultimately, as the scent of Provence fields fade, the slightly floral feel is still there and still clean...but now somehow resiny and sweet without becoming heavy. Amber adds an incensy feel as tonka and vanilla blend into something earthy, smooth and sensual (but not sweet or gourmand); as just a hint of musk entices without reeking or being too animalic. Definitely NOT just your run-of-the-mill soliflore here, Lavandula takes Yardley's Old English Lavender to the next level...without losing sight of the flower itself and all its intrinsic qualities.

Sillage: good
Longevity: average
Overall: 3.75/5

Penhaligons does it again! Here one of the most common flowers in perfume is exalted and adorned without ever becoming lost in the "mix". This is elegant and amazing, right through to the drydown. This perfume stays the course between quality and simplicity, without ever being boring. Grand but unassuming, it is rich and intersting without being ostentatious or too complex...

Sarahbelle
Sarahbelle

I dearly love Lavender!!!
And yet -- I rarely want a perfume that is only lavender. For that: I'll just smear on some essential oil of Lavandula Augustiflora.
I want lavender ---- and a little something else. It is that 'something else' that usually disappoints.
Lavender mixes well with nearly everything; sadly, many notes obscure lavender, and 'take over' the composition.

Penhaligon has prevented that beautifully. This is a complex lavender. It is lavender - and more.

Sweet - but not too sweet. Fresh, but not citrus-y. This is definitely a unisex fragrance, as I can see men or women wearing it. Although, not every man, and not every woman. This if a fragrance a gentleman would wear, but a guy probably wouldn't. A lady in the Boardroom would wear it, but a woman in the Boudoir mightn't.

I don't echo the previous reviewer's sentiments regarding "a little going a long way". I felt that it was quite light - I questioned if I really had enough on. It does have good longevity, and is one of few Penhaligon's that has considerable sillage, as it elicited a rare, and rarer still: favorable, reaction from my husband.

My 1-ml sample vial is now empty. I am ordering a full-size, post haste!

weegee
weegee

I've got "gardener's credentials" when it comes to lavender. I grow several varieties of lavender in my garden and have one planter near the walk to my front door, positioned for a quick sniff as I come and go. I can tell you with certainty: Penhaligon's Lavendula opens with lavender notes so AUTHENTIC that a blindfolded person couldn't distinguish this from a bouquet of fresh lavender.

Ah, if only my nose had more patience. All due respect to those who enjoy this and have the patience to wait through the opening. I envy you.

What's the problem? The problem is I put just a drop on each wrist from a carded Penhaligon vial and couldn't even wait 5 minutes before I had to scrub it off. I don't see how I could have applied less.

This is the strongest lavender I've ever encountered but it's just too much for me. At this price point I feel obligated to advise: Try before you buy.

I was fully prepared to dismiss Penhaligon LAVANDULA out of hand. Another lavender? I thought. How wrong I was!

This beautiful composition, as advertised, opens as a lavender perfume: as loud as a big bunch of freshly dried light purple flowers, high-quality essential oil or concentrated aromatherapeutic spray. As sumptuous as Perlier Lavender Cream Bath.

From there, however, LAVANDULA evolves into an exquisite oriental fragrance with hardly any lavender at all by the drydown. I believe that I am starting to see a trend in Penhaligon's creations: many of them have a similar base, which is often a variation of just this lovely oriental. All of the elements are blended together harmoniously so as to avoid any emphasis on one or another note.

How they managed to mesh this base seamlessly with a very aromatic lavender opening is a mystery to me. But the true identity of LAVANDULA would seem to inhere in its enduring drydown, not in its considerably brasher and shortlived opening. This is a welcome creation, as I would never really want to wear a predominantly lavender fragrance in public, but this one allows the wearer to spray with reckless abandon, and then by the time she leaves the house, it's become something else altogether: very likeable, very social-gatherings appropriate, understated yet elegant.

rebella
rebella

This is like the real thing lavender perfume. I like it very, very much and find it pretty, easy, sweet, aromatic and wonderfully comforting. A perfume to put on when you want to relax or if you feeling a bit cold or tired. It´s so nice to have a fragrance that will put you in the most wonderfully comfy and lovely mood only with a few drops.

A must try. May very well be the only lavendel dominated perfume you need. It is so good, powerful (a little goes a long way) longlasting and suitable for both men and women, I also think a cranky kid would be eased if to borrow a few drops of it.

Be sure to not miss this pretty gem.

Boggi
Boggi

Lovely lavender fragrance! Not dry like a traditional lavender, but sweet and round and complex. I get a special feeling when I sniff my wrist wearing this, it tickles my gut like I am in love. Truly wonderful! I have more thing to say about this, but I dont know how to put it. I will go back and edit if I find the words.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Lavandula fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Lavandula, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Lavandula by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Lavandula by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.