Designers » N-Q » Floral « Groups

Peoneve Penhaligon`s for women

Peoneve Penhaligon`s for women
dislike

ozonic

Peoneve by Penhaligon`s is a Floral fragrance for women. Peoneve was launched in 2012. The nose behind this fragrance is Olivier Cresp. Top note is violet leaf; middle notes are jasmine, rose and peony; base notes are vetiver, musk and cashmeran.

Violet Leaf

Jasmine Rose Peony

Vetiver Musk Cashmeran

Roses Musk

Peoneve Fragrance Reviews

Andreab969
Andreab969

I am impatient with "wait for it" frags. I love good peony and good Bulgarian or taif Rose so I will enjoy this but I've only spritzed it on my tester paper thus far. I find the violet leaf overpowering at first, really too much. I might layer a bit of peony EDP with it to "speed up" things! I'm glad I bought it because I WANT at least a couple of Penhaligons in my collection. Next time I'll go to their fabulous new store in NYC and get help in choosing a second frag. I might trade this eventually!!!

sarah_0508
sarah_0508

I can't make my mind up about this scent. I don't immediately love it but it's not offensive either.

I was going to blind buy this, but luckily decided on getting a sample first. It wasn't really what I expected, so I wouldn't recommend this as a safe blind buy. I feel like this is suited to a slightly older person than me (I'm in my early 20s), or someone who enjoys a slightly heavier floral.

I feel that it's too heavy to really do the peony justice.

madame_plumeria
madame_plumeria

This was a blind buy I had no doubts about as I'm a lover of anything floral.

Peoneve did not disappoint me.

It opens quite strong... It has an oriental character initially but it mellows down to a beautiful, fresh peony in full bloom with red roses in the background.

A true floral with no added gimmick.

In my opinion the fragrance is very elegant but natural and organic at the same time which makes it uber feminine.

The longevity is impressive for a floral as I still get wafts of it after 13h!

Very well done Penhaligon's!

Overall 9/10

MMMiruna
MMMiruna

Simply beautiful. Roses and peony at their best- and I am a great rose lover - it has an earthy scent that adds a very natural touch to the fragrance -and it just gives you the feeling of walking on a field full of roses and peonies - I fell in love with it at first smell :)

MissGabrielleO
MissGabrielleO

Currently trying this out from a purchased decant and I fear I won't be able to resist purchasing a full sized bottle (particularly as it is peony season and I have 3 bouquets in full bloom in my kitchen)!

Smells green, true to life, more rose than peony with a hint of foliage. No real sweetness except the nectar of the flowers and thankfully no added fruits! I will update after I purchase a full sized bottle.

polly golightly
polly golightly

un floreale che non mi disgusta, e già è tanto! la peonia è qui smorzata dalla nota di rosa, in una combinazione verde e primaverile di fiori di campo. man mano che il profumo si assesta compare la parte legnosa, con il vetiver in primis, che conferisce al tutto una sensazione di giardino inglese. mi piace anche se fa un po' old lady.

StellaDiverFlynn
StellaDiverFlynn

Penhaligon's Peoneve opens as a dewy and fresh combo of pink rose and peony, along with a green, herbal touch of violet leaf. This stage lasts about 1 hour, after which the fragrance makes an unexpected turn as an earthy yet clean vetiver comes through. The vetiver is quite prominent on me, sometimes even overwhelms the peony and rose. But the overall effect is a wonderful illustration of a garden full of vegetation and blooming pink flowers.

The sillage is relatively soft and the longevity is around 7 hours. I really appreciate the surprising prominence of vetiver in Peoneve, as it adds a natural earthiness to the flowers while keeping the fragrance clean and fresh, which makes it stand out among other limpid 'clean' florals. I'd definitely recommend giving it a try.

Stephed49
Stephed49

Having purchased several other Penhaligon's fragrances which I love, I bought this fragrance blind. On first spray I was not disappointed and glad I had taken the plunge - the opening notes are decidedly floral, rose and peony with a "green" tone, but without the overwhelming sweetness of some of their scents. But themthe comedown...after half an hour the scent was barely perceptible and an hour later had all but disappeared. I have remedied this somewhat by spraying on once, waiting until it dries then spraying again. I do realise that the longevity of fragrances differs between individuals, but this is not what I expect from an Eau de Parfum, and certainly not from a Penhaligin's fragrance. The only ameliorating factors are that I bought this in the sale from Penhaligon's own website and I won't be buying anything else before trying it!

Lipglossjunkee
Lipglossjunkee

Oh my, this is gorgeous. Perfect for spring/summer. Light, airy, with a bit of a kick to it. Initial blast is peony and violet leaf---a bit sweet, a bit green, almost a hint of tobacco leaf to it (that's the violet leaf on me, it is so rich). As it dries down, you get the vetiver mingling in which gives it such a crisp feel. The jasmine is fairly nonexistent on me, but that's quite alright as I'm loving the peony-vetiver-violet leaf combo, with just a soft hint of musk in the background. This was a total steal (about $50 at Nordstrom Rack, if you can believe it) but well worth the full price, especially for this time of year. Not screechy or harsh at all, just soft, sweet, and pleasant. I'm at 3 hours now and it's still going strong. Would repurchase.

Sandra Smells Scents-uous
Sandra Smells Scents-uous

I purchased PEONEVE blind based on the reviews and because I wanted to add a peony scent to my collection. This frag is screechy! The initial blast is sharp and the perfume is linear and soapy; never really "calming" down. It's like that loud person in a room who is just begging for everyone to "look at me, look at me!".

I had high hopes but didn't find myself loving this. Interestingly, I can't give it a thumbs down either. I suppose some days, I want to be loud ;)

The longevity is exceptional, lasting close to 7 hours with a radiant sillage.

Guest_Colin Maillard
Guest_Colin Maillard

Peoneve opens with a nice, sheer and delicate floral accord in which I honestly smell more rose than peony. The accord smells good, a bit restrained and prudish like a proper English lady. Few else, a earthy-woody note, and a slight dusty feel underneath. Initially quite cold, then Peoneve warms up a bit in a couple of hours, getting more sweeter and slightly deeper, while the woody note of vetiver emerges more clearly with a slightly moldy aftertaste. A graceful scent for sure, a bit synthetic and boring after a while, but with a nice touch of British refined melancholy.

6,5-7/10

shotsilkrose
shotsilkrose

Did not mean to buy this. I was unable not to.
Fresh, floral but different, sophisticated, seductive.
I put in on and feel better.

molliedollie
molliedollie

Strangely, this reminds me very much of Jasmin et Cigarette in the opening stages, but it's more like Florabotanica's louder, prettier cousin.

Also, it is the only perfume I've bought within a day of first testing it. (I'm usually really cautious and talk myself out of buying things; I don't have a lot of funds to use on non-necessities. But, the Penhaligon's website was doing a sale and I couldn't resist.)

Subspace
Subspace

I definitely pick up a lot more of the cashmeran (a synthetic "blonde" musk) than other reviewers, and while that runs a risk of making this perfume lean to the more mature end of the spectrum, it is still one of my favorite rose perfumes (the #1 spot goes to the tangy-fresh Hermessence Rose Ikebana, a once-in-a-lifetime masterpiece with a absurd price tag and sadly lacking longevity).

I don't think this is a casual, running into the office kind of fragrance, but it is a skilled if unchallenging perfume and well-priced, as all the Penhaligion's scents are. I bought a bottle after trying multiple other rose perfumes and am very pleased.

UPDATE (about one year later): I put this perfume away for the winter and brought it out again this week and am freshly amazed by it. I undersold it before when I described it as "unchallenging". It is a genuinely lovely, clever and comforting rose perfume that I dearly love.

Silkpuppet
Silkpuppet

Peoneve is ideal if you seek a floral scent with plenty of greenery. The initial spray is extremely green with plenty of violet leaf intertwined with the vetiver. I found this opening way too sharp. After an hour or so, the fragrance settled and the peony note blossomed nicely. I did not get any distinct rose notes on my skin but the scent definitely sweetened very slightly after a few hours. The jasmine and the musk come in for the drydown, but they do not overshadow the fresh peony scent.

This is a scent for someone who likes to smell the whole flower- stem, leaves, and all- in a perfume.

Donna Anna
Donna Anna

This must be one of the best soliflores of all time, even though it is too new to yet be a classic. But I am sure it will someday be acknowledged as one. I have never smelled a perfume that could replicate and recreate the scent of a flower so accurately and so naturally. There is nothing artificial or unrealistic about it. It is simply gorgeous and luxurious and fresh! What a treat!

One of the things that makes this scent so realistic is the fact that the smell of leaves and greenery is not neglected. It opens with a pungent top note of violet leaves followed by rose and peony. I hardly can feel the jasmine but I am sure it is there enriching the gorgeous floral brew. Then it settles down to an ever so slightly more woody background. It is simply like sniffing in the scent of a freshly cut lush bouquet of flowers! And the lovely experience repeats itself with every breath. What could be better than that?

I am generally not too much into flowery scents. My main love is orientals and more spicy fragrances. If I would just have read the description of the notes of this fragrance I would have said that probably as lovely as this is it cannot become one of my favourites. But low and behold this little gem has become my favourite and I even don't shy away from it in the middle of the autumn. In these cold and dark days nothing can cheer me up more than a sniff of freshly cut flowers to remind me of those bygone days of the summer and spring which I miss so much!

The scent is quite heady in the beginning, but it quiets down after a very short while and projects to a close range only. I must say it doesn't develop much either. What you smell after a couple of minutes of dry down is what you get. But what you smell is already so realistic, beautiful and naturally complex that actually you won't want the scent to change. You just want to sniff it over and over and over again. On me it lasts about 4 to 5 hours. It is light and cheerful enough to brighten any day and light enough to be worn in the office, but it is also gorgeous and luxurious enough to be worn to the opera or on a romantic night out. I simply love it!

ildri
ildri

I mix this fragrance with Penhaligons Juniper Sling. Amazing!

polkadotpaws
polkadotpaws

Love, love, love this. I usually stay away from florals AND roses as I can't see myself wearing it very often. But when I compared this to other similar peony fragrances from L'occitane and other numerous rose fragrances, this somewhat leaves me wanting more! It's simply addictive. It's got a distinctive rose scent but not over-the-top rosy.
There's something about the blend that makes it a really well-balanced fragrance. It's fresh and at the same time sultry.

The only downside is that it doesn't seem to last on my skin. Not much sillage either. For the price it doesn't do justice because I want to keep smelling this on me. I keep asking my friends if they can smell me because I can't. They say they can and I hope they're right. I keep thinking maybe it's the body chemistry or acidity but when I looked it up online, it could be my brains getting "immune" to the scent. Another comment I read online commented on how Penhaligon's fragrances are usually light and fleeting. So, maybe, that's just the way Penhaligon's fragrances are. Just wished it was stronger and had more sillage.

LookOut
LookOut

Right, my first time reviewing a woman's perfume ... and sadly I don't have a lot to say about it. Not because it's awful or anything, but rather because I don't smell that many different things.

Just like Sherapop, I smell the smoky, cigaretty opening (violet leaf?). Surprisingly pleasing at first, but I found I grew tired of it after a while.

I'm not that good at smelling different flowers in a scent, but I can distinguish the rose in this. Actually it's almost all I smell. And because of that, I'd have to say it's just too floral for my taste. That doesn't mean you won't like it, if you're into floral scents :)

Penhaligon's Peoneve offers an interesting combination of bright rose with smoky vetiver. In the opening I feel that there is a cigarette ash-edge to the composition, as though a smoker is wearing a big rose perfume. That may not sound all that inviting, but it's really quite nice and an unexpected combination these days what with all of the clean abstract "pink rose" perfumes being launched.

The peony is to my nose only an embellishment to the rose. For me that's a good thing, since I often have trouble wearing peony. Perhaps this creation contains mostly natural ingredients, and that's why it smells so natural. I've now reached the end of my second generous-sized house-carded sample and must say that I would not mind having a bottle of this at all. It definitely covers new territory, and I love both rose and vetiver, so why not?

The longevity and sillage are both good on my skin

pumpkintime
pumpkintime

On first application this was a piercing, penetrating scent that was pretty overpowering. The charming Penhaligon's assistant advised that the perfume would take 25-30 minutes to emerge fully, so I tottered off in to the fresh air to await developments.

This potent perfume packs a wallop but eventually settled on my skin and reminded me of original "Forever and ever" by Dior.

Try before you buy, definitely!

DresdenDoll
DresdenDoll

I got to try this in Penhaligon's in Chester today. The SA told me that it's not going to be in shops until August, all they got in was the one bottle to put out to test. (But they can e-mail you when it comes in if you'd like)
The SA told me what was special about this one was that it is apparently 25% vetiver and has Bulgarian rose. Which are by far the most predominant notes.
It opens with a strong smokey vetiver and a hint of green violet leaf, which is surprising at first for what is a floral fragrance. The rose and peony do come forwards in the middle, still with a haze of vetiver in the background. This gets a bit sweet with musk towards the end and by then the vetiver is pretty much gone oddly.
This is one of the Penhaligon's scents that doesn't have amazing staying power; about 5-6 hours. Nice, but not a typical floral.

This page contains information, reviews, perfume notes, pictures, new ads, vintage posters and videos about Penhaligon`s Peoneve fragrance but we do not warrant the accuracy of information. Trademarks and logos belong to respected companies and manufacturers and are used solely to identify products and companies. If you have more information about Penhaligon`s Peoneve, you can expand it by adding a personal perfume review. Fragrantica has a unique user-driven classification system and you may classify Peoneve by Penhaligon`s. Click on the appropriate options on the fragrance classification form below the perfume picture. Also, you can find links to 3rd party websites/Internet stores, but Fragrantica has no access or control over those websites. We do not make guarantees nor accept responsibility for what you might find as a result of these links, or for any future consequences including but not limited to money loss. User reviews of Peoneve by Penhaligon`s represent the views of the credited authors alone and do not reflect Fragrantica's views.